Violent-Medic
Winner

November 29th, 2016, 9:28 pm #11

“How could anything be okay?” That had been what Clarice meant to say, but it came out water-logged and messy.

Kizi didn’t say anything, just hugged back, but already Clarice was starting to feel embarrassed. This was the exact sort of shit she didn’t have time for. She could cry and scream if she lived, but every moment she cried was a moment where someone else could die.

But stopping was hard. Near-impossible, in fact. Clarice couldn’t stop, until she heard Kizi speak to someone.

Kimiko?

Clarice turned a little to look, and sure enough. Kimiko. Blood on her face and a weapon in her hand.

Slowly, Clarice turned back. She still had a grip on Kizi, and she moved Kizi slightly so that Clarice was between her and Kimiko before letting go and facing her friend. As she turned back to Kimiko, she tried to catch the eye of Bart and Jennifer and jerk her head behind her. Trying to tell them, without words, that they should get behind her too.

She didn't know if Kimiko would attack. Maybe Clarice could stop her just by... fuck, appealing to friendship or whatever. If nothing else, Clarice could probably stop any of the three from getting stabbed. She wasn't going to watch anyone else die like Harold had.

Clarice wiped her eyes with her good hand, trying to stop. Maybe succeeding a little more, if only out of… uncertainty and fear and stuff about what would go down next.

She tried to sign, but just the attempt at lifting her arm sent a bolt of pain through her injured shoulder. Clarice looked at her one good hand for a moment, trying to figure out what she could sign with just one hand, before sighing and lowering it again.

“Kimiko.” Clarice took a deep, watery breath before flatly saying, “What the fuck?”

Maybe not the best way to ask ‘why did you murder two people?’
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

November 30th, 2016, 5:23 pm #12

Oh, uh... maybe asking if everything was okay was a bad idea after all, considering how Clarice reacted. Bart didn't even know if she was mad. She just seemed to cry even harder and loudly say something that he couldn't really understand through the curtain of tears and sobs. Bart took a short step back and held up his hands, not sure what to do with them. He shifted between a nervous defensive pose and some sort of half-shrug as he tried to figure out how to react to all of this.

Down. Just put your hands down. He ran that message through his mind as he slowly put his hands at his sides. Things were already awkward enough. He really didn't need to make things worse by making strange hand signals to nonexistent entities.

He heard Kizi speak up from behind him. Who was she talking to? Bart turned around to see what was going on... and promptly felt a twinge of panic run down his spine. There was a new girl here now, and she had a sword. Not to mention... oh no, was that blood on her face? Those two things combined were definitely not a good sign. Not at all.

Clarice and Kizi called her Kimiko. Surprisingly, Bart remembered this name. Had she been in a lot of his classes? That was the only reason that he could think of for her name to strike a note in his mind so vividly. Unless...

... Oh.

Oh crap.

Now he remembered. Kimiko was a murderer. And there she was, right in front of them.

"Uh..." Bart's teeth were clenched behind a nervous grimace and his eyes softened into a shape similar to those of a frightened puppy. He tried to say something, anything that might be useful, but nothing came out. He wasn't a great orator at the best of times, and he sure as hell wasn't going to be one now.

"Uh..."

[+] spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

KamiKaze
Winner

December 5th, 2016, 7:31 am #13

Something got her attention.

Jennifer snapped her head up as she saw someone else approach. It took a moment for her to process the information. Her brain was still sluggish from lack of caffeine and exhaustion. However, a moment was enough.

It looked like a girl covered in blood. Jennifer’s heart began to pound, this time not from exertion.

Everyone else confirmed who she was. Kimiko Kao. It wasn’t like Jennifer didn’t know who she was, though. Years of working on the school newspaper, of doing articles on the sports teams, meant that she was well acquainted with the fact that Kimiko was part of the basketball and gymnastics team. She was unable to speak, but was the gymnastics captain. And, most importantly… she was a killer. The names went by too fast, but she knew that Kimiko had come up. They even gave her a prize.

The blood was fresh.

Too fresh.

Jennifer’s eyes snapped around her. Bart was terrified. Kiziah was nervous. Clarice just let out a flat curse and tried to hide Kiziah behind her. Could they hide behind the truck, the crates? Could they run for it? Run the other way Anything, everything, to hide, run, escape. Anything.

And that’s when Jennifer saw it. Kiziah’s gun.

Her heartrate got faster when she saw it just lying on the ground just at Bart’s feet. A weapon laying in plain sight, where someone, anyone could grab it. Kimiko could’ve easily just picked it up and shot them, just like that, if Bart had moved. Even if she didn’t attack them, she could still use it on other people.

Jennifer’s head flicked towards the rest of the group for a second. She had to think fast.

She stepped forward, her heart still pounding in her ears. Jennifer stopped just in front of the gun. She looked to see that Bart was still standing nearby, just in case. Her vision blurred, and it felt a bit like watching something in a movie. But she felt herself stand with legs apart, her posture slouched like a wild animal about to strike.

“What do you want, Kimiko?” she snapped.

A split second told her that wasn’t the best idea. Kimiko couldn’t respond, for starters. But, also… she had a sword. That meant any bad decisions she made here, could mean her death.

Another look at Bart. If he grabbed the gun and kept it out of her reach, that would make things better. If he couldn’t, she could. No matter what, though, Kimiko could not have it. That was final.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

December 6th, 2016, 9:39 pm #14

Kimiko got exactly the reaction she had expected. Fear and anger. It made sense and she didn't begrudge them for it. But at the same time it still hurt to be treated as a monster again. Only Caleb had treated her as a real person. Clarice, one of her best friends, still shielded Kizi from her, as if she was a feral dog that looked like it was about to strike. That was all she was now to people, a threat, a danger, something to run from and have nightmares about. The feeling of shame returned.

Up close Kimiko could see that Clarice was injured, her arm had either been shot or stabbed, she didn't know which exactly. It didn't really matter. Even with that Clarice still tried to sign something, it was a gesture Kimiko appreciated and a sign that Clarice still saw her as a friend a little bit. The question was simple, blunt and delivered without emotion. Kimiko picked up on all of it, how could she have missed it? All of the signs every member of the group displayed showed nervousness. Whether they realised it or not they were sending a simple message to her loud and clear.

She wasn't welcome.

Kimiko began to raise her hands to form a response to Clarice's question when Jennifer lunged forward, moving to stand in front of a discarded gun Kimiko hadn't noticed on the ground. For a split-second she froze froze and her eyes widened. But when Jennifer didn't pick up the gun, she took a small step backwards and continued to raise her hands, this time in a placating gesture. If any of them did move to pick the gun up she was ready to run.

She didn't want to fight.

She also didn't know what to say, revealing herself had been a mistake. She should have stayed out of sight and moved on. Kimiko wished she had.

Once nothing further came from the group Kimiko began to sign.

"I wanted to..."

She stopped and tried again.

"Clarice was crying and..."

She couldn't find the right words. It was difficult, difficult to be there for someone when she wasn't wanted. Instead she decided to answer Clarice's question as honestly as she could. She turned her focus more onto her friend.

"I was scared and I was angry."

She wanted to tell Clarice about Caleb. Kimiko didn't want her to think she had been hiding it but she couldn't bring herself to do it. The memory was still fresh and painful. Kimiko lowered her head and took a shaky breath, regaining her composure before she continued.

"I just saw you crying and wanted to see you and maybe help."

It all sounded so childish out in the open, but it was the best reason she had. Truthfully she didn't want to be in front of the group anymore. She wasn't ready for interacting with others. But she waited for Clarice's reply all the same, keeping her eyes on everyone else, making sure they didn't try and attack her.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

General Goose
Winner

December 8th, 2016, 3:49 pm #15

Kizi was not exactly fluent in sign language.

Maybe that was self-deprecation, false modesty. She understood most of what Kimiko was trying to communicate. But she knew the basics. There was no point in denying that. Denying that much would take self-effacing to the point of dishonesty.

She knew sign language pretty well, if she was to be completely honest. Not to the point of fluency or conversational prowess, but enough to get the gist. Had learned some of them from context, from seeing how Clarice and Kimiko communicated. Some from independent study. Linguistically, sign language was fascinating. It served as a brilliant case study for how linguists could help make the world a better place. The rest had been preparation, of sorts, for if Olabode's hearing deteriorated any further.

So Kizi largely understood what Kimiko was saying. There were two gaps that Kiziah couldn't fill in. 'Clarice was...' 'I was...' She didn't know what words went there. She could guess there were negative emotional states, from the context. In a way, it was a blessing she'd never had to learn whatever words they were before this point.

The first word was probably crying, Kizi guessed, when Kimiko repeated the motions.

What was more, was that Kizi believed Kimiko.

Kimiko's words had been addressed at Clarice predominantly, of course, but Kimiko would hopefully appreciate someone else in her corner. She stepped out from behind Clarice, and pulled out a tissue from her pocket. Laughably insufficient for the mess that was there. Kizi was under no illusions as to what it was. Bradley's blood, most likely. He had been Kim's most recent kill. "Do you...need a bit of help?"
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

Violent-Medic
Winner

December 9th, 2016, 2:09 am #16

Clarice heard movement, and turned her head to see Jennifer approaching the gun on the ground. Not picking it up, not quite, but… close enough to make Clarice nervous, enough to make her see Conrad picking up Harold’s sword.

“We don’t need to be like that!” Clarice snapped. “We’re all gonna be fucking civilized, alright? All of us!”

At Kimiko’s signs, Clarice had to stop. She looked at Kimiko, then looked away. Gnawing on the inside of her cheek as she considered it. She might have stopped to consider it longer, but then Kizi moved out from cover to offer Kimiko a tissue.

“Wait,” Clarice muttered.

She reached out a little to stop Kizi from moving forward. Then she turned all her attention on Kimiko.

“Look… Kimiko…” Clarice trailed off a moment before taking a deep breath. “Look, I… I appreciate that. That you wanted to help me, that’s… yeah. I mean, I’m thankful. Thankful as I can be in these circumstances, anyway.”

Maybe it meant that, despite what Kimiko had done, there was still something left of her old friend in there. But then there was the fact of… well, what she’d done.

“But… being angry? Being scared? Fuck, that doesn’t excuse anything. I’ve been angry and scared since I woke up, and I haven’t stabbed anyone. Jesus, I know Bradley was an irritating shitstain, but...”

Clarice glanced at Kizi, then at the tissue she was holding in her hand. Clarice lightly tugged the tissue out of Kizi’s hand before taking a step forward. She made a motion for Kizi and the others to stay back.

“There’s three multi-killers on this island. And I haven’t had good run-ins with the other two. So I can’t just… blind trust has already lost me too much.”

Another step forward, as cautious as if she was approaching a wild animal. Clarice held out the tissue to Kimiko with her good hand.

“But you know what? We’re going to be fucking civil. And even if I don’t trust you, I’m not gonna hurt you. Because that’s what those jackasses want, and I’m not playing their fucking game. Alright?”
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

December 12th, 2016, 11:07 am #17

Once things quieted down from everyone's initial shock, Bart was pretty sure that he had a decent idea of what was going on. Kimiko was signing something to them. That's what he was assuming, anyway. He didn't know very much sign language outside of maybe a basic phrase or two, but considering how she was making a long series of gestures in absence of speaking or, well, doing anything else in this scenario, he thought that it was a fair assumption. When Clarice responded to her with what seemed to be answers to questions that he hadn't heard, that all but confirmed his theory.

But whether or not he completely understood every little detail of what was going on here, Clarice seemed to be trying to play peacemaker, and he didn't want to do anything that could potentially mess that up. He just stood by and listened, trying to keep track of everything that was said in order to formulate the best way to keep things from boiling over anytime in the near future. Would it work? He honestly couldn't say. That wasn't going to stop him from giving it his best shot, though.

Once there was a lull in the dialogue, he saw an opportunity to try to expand upon the peaceful exchange. Sure, there was no guarantee that he would actually make things any better, but he had enough confidence to believe that he couldn't make things worse. He looked at Kimiko and spoke what had been brewing in his mind.

"Hey, uh... I'm still not totally sure about what's going on..." His words came out without stumbling over themselves, but his inability to remove the nervous pauses in his speech continued to haunt him. "But I don't want to fight. Not you, or anyone. That's, uh... not really something I do."

[+] spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

KamiKaze
Winner

December 17th, 2016, 7:20 am #18

Kimiko had responded by going into a flurry of hand motions. Sign language? Made sense. She was unable to speak, after all. However, Jennifer had no idea what she was trying to say. But the look on her face looked nervous, as if she feared them.

Jennifer felt her mouth twitch. “Dealing with this civilly,” Clarice? That would be a fair way to deal with things, but the part where Kimiko was kind of a known murderer made that more than a little difficult. It didn’t help that Kiziah stepped forward and offered her help. No no no, what was she doing? Again, Kimiko, murderer. That was an important detail, was she the only one who remembered? Well, probably not, but the point remained.

But Clarice seemed to respond to her signing. Judging by what she said, Kimiko was “scared” and “angry.” Was she talking about Bradley? Clarice mentioned him, at least. He came up on the announcements too, didn’t he? Okay, so maybe she was explaining what happened there. Bradley was a jerk, so did he provoke her somehow? Well… Bradley wasn’t known for his political correctness. Was Kimiko in some way a victim of circumstance? But that wouldn’t explain the other time, would it? Cristo. That was who she killed last time. It was a little more difficult to handwave away, unless it turned out something else happened.

Bart chipped in, saying he didn’t want to fight. Jennifer looked at Kiziah’s gun, still resting at their feet. She let out a deep sigh. However, she raised her hands, keeping her palms flat.

“I don’t want to fight either,” she said.

It was true. She didn’t. No one asked to be here. However, Kimiko was still a threat. It seemed like Clarice and possibly Kiziah were friends with her, though. Maybe the diplomatic approach would work? It’d better work.

Halwood, you better know what you’re doing.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

December 18th, 2016, 12:05 am #19

Distrust. That was what she could expect now. One of her best friends didn't even trust her. That made Kimiko want to leave then and there, she wasn't even sure if Clarice realised how much what she said hurt. Instead she just took the tissue and nodded, wiping at Caleb's blood that was coating the lower half of her face. The other two, Bart and Jennifer just said how they didn't want to fight. It suited Kimiko, she had no intention of hurting any of them unless they tried to attack her.

It did worry her that Clarice had come into contact with Isabel and Nancy. Of the three of them Kimiko considered herself the most sane, and she cared about Clarice and didn't want her to get hurt. Of course her opinion of the three of them was based on what the announcements said however and she didn't know how trustworthy they were beyond giving the names of those that had died and their killers. Eventually Kimiko gave up trying to get all the blood, she was sure there would still be blood on her neck but she didn't want to spend anymore time trying to get it all.

She looked down and sighed, thinking about what Clarice had said and remembering Caleb's words back in the cabin, his smile and kiss. She looked at the tissue that was stained red with his blood and then to Kizi and finally Clarice; who didn't trust her anymore but still stood talking to her.

Kimiko had promised herself she would be smart and wouldn't do anything stupid. Nothing that could endanger her chances of reaching the end of the game and making sure Caleb's sacrifice wasn't in vain. But she felt something tugging at her and she knew deep down that the chances of her seeing Clarice again were nearly zero. She wanted to hug her but the gun and the others played on her mind, she didn't know how they would react.

But then, given the circumstances what did it matter?

Kimiko stepped forward and pulled Clarice into a hug.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

General Goose
Winner

December 19th, 2016, 12:06 am #20

Okay.

This was good. Maybe Kizi was missing something, but this was good. There seemed to be understanding. Coarsely expressed, aye, but understanding. And honesty. Honesty that was well-taken. That was definitely good. Kizi couldn't see how there could be a debate around that.

Sure, the swearing wasn't optimal. The concern was not out of a disdain for profanity, no, but in Kizi's experience, expletives and high emotions had a kind of circular relationship. Self-fuelling. One led to the other, which led to more of the other, which led to more of the other. And here, high emotions had even higher stakes than normal. But hey, that was how Clarice was. It wasn't portending anything ominous, or radically disruptive in Clarice's thinking. And Kimiko would know that.

So even that point was moot. Which was good!

She turned to Jenn and Bart, and offered the two a reassuring smile. Things'd be okay. For now, at least. Even the island's killers weren't complete monsters.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd