Weekly CYOA Prompts

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

September 17th, 2017, 5:41 am #1

So, something cool that the internet does (and by the internet, I mean places like image boards and reddit and so on) is create these little choose your own adventure stories, and I figured these types of mini writing games would be something SOTF would enjoy. Most of the rules and standards vary between the games themselves, and I don't have any hard lines that aren't already covered in SOTF's policies. Generally, I'll post these at the end of every Saturday around my current time (5:00 AM UTC), and will try to keep posting so long as two other peeps post some kind of write-up for the game of the week.

For the first week, I figure it'd be best to not start off with something intimidating, so here's a quick and fun goodie.
[+] Spoiler

If you're unsure of how to go about this and/or haven't done a CYOA like this before, my general advice is just to list your options down and expand on your reasons after that, or create entirely new reasons as a seperate character, and how those reasons would factor into the type of setting that is provided in the CYOA.

Another thing that I want to note, is that while I'll be introducing new CYOA's every week, there is not a time limit on when you can do any which one of the games I post here. That way, if you miss one or are seeing this thread for the first time, I don't want you to feel dissuaded from picking an older CYOA just because nobody else is doing that anymore. I do think, later on, it would be nice if you said which CYOA you were doing at the start of the post so others can follow along better when reading it.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
V7 - ❤ ❤ ❤ - PV3 - {❤} ❤ ❤ - TV3 - ❤ ❤ - V8 - ❤ ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 17th, 2017, 6:04 pm #2

This isn't a concept I want to see die - I have a huge folder of like a hundred CYOAs on my computer and have been on/off writing a story based off of one called Urban Unrest for a few months now - so I'll contribute here. Laser Eyes is one I actually haven't seen before, so this should be pretty interesting. Plus, I have a history paper I should be writing but really don't want to write, so as far as procrastination goes, now is a better time than ever!

For the eye power itself, I'm going to go with Force Eyes for pure utility. You can't move boxes with Laser or Hypno Eyes: Force Eyes are just straight up employable, and I think most people would get messed up by an ocular gut punch no matter how strong they are.

The trick that makes this work is the Homing modifier. Left hook, right hook, uppercut, hit to the groin! A flurry of eye punch and a world of pain for anyone that messes with me - if they didn't know better, they might think they were fighting a ghost! I'm also going to be taking the Red beam modifier, to improve my speed, and also yeah for the rad points I mean come on.

Huh? Partner? Erm, I mean, sure, if I have to. I'll take Biclops because he seems to be the least weird, and also because fuck you Big Gross Eye my CD collection is PRECIOUS.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

September 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm #3

At the very least, I should participate in my own thread. P:

Force, in a rather ironic way, feels like the least harmful of all the eye beams. At the very least there's the choice for non-lethal combat and therefore probably the best option should I want to go the diplomatic route. With the others, I'd feel there's a dramatic increase in casualties and villainy. Meat is also an option, and could probably serve world hunger, but I'd rather not think about the consequences of the regular expulsion of hot greasy foodstuff coming from my eye sockets, much less consuming it.

Homing seems like the most useful trick for me personally. I already have pretty bad aim and depth perception, and I'm not sure how much that would be improved or worsened by using the things I aim with as weapons, so this is basically my get out of jail free card. When I'm channeling the punch dimension, I'd rather not miss or hit the wrong target.

Rainbows. I'd also not rather get hit back, especially if I could get cancer or a wiener in my face. Plus, I'd figure this would have a smidgen of the other colors' powers, barring invisibility obviously.

Big Gross Eye is the closest thing to the Doggo option in this game, and I'm taking it. His diet will entirely consist of burned copies of early 2000's computer games.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Cicada Days
Winner

September 22nd, 2017, 2:32 pm #4

I do want to see more of these so I'll throw down real quick!

So in terms of the Sailor Cicada (worst magical girl ever) aesthetics I'm going to pursue a specific form of laser eyes as opposed to trying to optimize whatever. Half tempted to go for meat vision tbh but I'm not so hot on that so I'll go for freeze ray eyes, though I can't quite envision if that has the utility of, say, Frozone's ability to create ice in structures like ice surfing or whatever. Let's assume it's possible to a limited degree, like, I could make an ice sculpture without hands involved. Homing blue beams is essentially the only acceptable style, because what we're essentially working with is the vision of loose and flow-y 'ribbons' of ice beams. Also the partner would be Child of Prophecy b/c they're the only sort of cute mascot-y one and also, it would set up the mentor/student dynamic so I could eventually die in the climax of the show and be succeeded.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

September 24th, 2017, 3:30 pm #5

I didn't forget, I just fell asleep early! Here's another one. This one deals with choices on a larger, but is comparable in size like the other one. Since the pictures for these ones are kinda large, I just added their url's instead of putting them in the post.
[+] Spoiler
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 26th, 2017, 10:36 pm #6

cracks knuckles

Feudia is a bit of a shit name but I can't blame whoever made this CYOA for it. It's better thematically than just calling the nation, I dunno, Kyohahstan?

I'm probably just along for the ride if I have an army, at this point. If I'm doing this in character as myself, then I'd be in it for No Reason, netting me one extra player token, one extra army token, and one extra troop token. I wouldn't call myself completely insane, as the flavor description suggests, but I do have a few screws loose here and there when it comes to, y'know, power and shnazz like that. It's just me being a little weeeeeeeird. Quiiiirky. My empire would probably be called the Confederation of Blighted Peoples, and we'd all be somewhat afflicted by some kind of disdain for sustained existence, in any kind of person whether one of us or not. As a confederation, we'd be made up of several smaller armies in an alliance, but we'd all have the same goal. My secret as Crown Blight Prince is that I'm just not as into it as everyone else, I guess.

I can stop with the name puns now.

But I probably won't.

My four player tokens go to the following things:
  • Charisma: I'm a good talker or something! I speak in front of groups and they like it. Less order! More death! Yeaaaaaaah!
  • En Garde: Oh come on you already know that I gotta take on my namesake here. I've never actually used a crossbow in real life, but that's what fantasy wish fufillment games to waste time on the internet are proooobably for?
  • Lycanthrope: I can turn into a Boar, because Pig isn't a choice and is also decently weak. I hope I'm a decently sized war boar or something, because otherwise I might be kind of fucked.
  • Tactician: This seems like a bit of a necessity to me, honestly. Just to be able to decently manage my army.
My army is an army, alright. I have five troop tokens. for a total of 2,500 soldiers. And they're:
  • Two Sets of Humans: I need some malleable people! People who can fit in any walk of life, and do any role that they might need to.
  • Dragonborn: Its the tankiness plus relative mobility that make these guys notable.
  • Half-Elves: We're going for a lot of human spin-offs today, because of how well rounded they are. Dragonborns for tanks, Half-Elves for support/DPS, and humans for kind of allllll?
  • Undead: This is the all-in weirdos group. Simply because 2,500 ain't enough soldiers in any major conflict, and this gives me potential for many, many more.
A band of madmen needs a pretty diverse set of talents. Here are where my three army tokens go:
  • Terror: honk
  • Lesser Magic: This is sure to throw some people off of their guard as they come into contact with my army. Hard to win a swordfight with a guy who can just shoot flames at you all of a sudden, or make the ground collapse under your feet.
  • Finest Steel: Crossbows. HONK
We're invading Regalia. The amount of resources available in this space alone, the catharsis of making all the rich royal elite fuckers shit themselves when my army approaches, and the message it sends that a group of scary weird death cult apocalypse lovers took out the richest kingdom and sits on something approaching a throne would mess with people's heads and mess with morale in many foreign armies. We're in it for the long haul.

If the next person wants to challenge my army, feel free. You'll lose though.
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Cicada Days
Winner

September 27th, 2017, 10:34 pm #7

Like low key me irl the theological motif of my army is ? and we ride forth to spread the word, the vision of an incredibly grand and blinding vision that ultimately actually has no actual relevance to anything. Technically we should be No Reason but on a more fundamental level my rolling and seething horde of incompetent psychopaths has a Divine Calling, albeit one that makes no goddamn sense but it's there, the ? driving the will of my people. Like, I could imagine our spiritual reckoning having been delivered by a group of high-off-substance beholders trolling their asses off and communing with the voices inside my head, or such. So anyways, we get that sweet +3 Troops.

Obviously the yung and ugly leader of the squad (may she be blessed, our beloved Ugly God) needs to have some Charisma to make her vision spread. Like I'm envisioning one of those sort of endearingly awkward bumbling types who sort of forms a group of friends through earnestness and eagerness (implying I'm even capable of projecting either trait IRL) only multiplied on an army building scale. I'm screaming memes while riding on horseback (and regularly falling off) at the head of my army and they're roaring and dabbing in approval. I am also daring because I am so stupid and irreverent I have no respect for my own life, I fight alongside my own troops because that's, like, the cool and in thing to do. Finally my blade (probably rather small and awkward) was blessed by the ?, a whispering blade capable of captivating conversation and tbh not much else it's otherwise just a normal hunk of metal without any deep and profound insights.

I have a ginormous thronging army, apparently, at 7 troop tokens for an army of 3,500. We have:
One (1) Humans - Whose primary role are to be the people smart enough to actually execute intelligent tactics on the battlefield. We'll say they were the original adherents of the cult who left giant eye emojis all over the villages and cities before disappearing to join my (waka) flock(a flame).
Two (2) Orcs - Possibly dumb enough to where even they're not sure what vision they're fighting on behalf off but dammit Cultist Cicada needs her beefcakes and the orcs are probably competent enough to at least be ordered around during prayer circle. The shock troops, the vanguard of an unstoppable tide of green or grey or whatever the fuck color people consider orcs at first glance.
Two (2) Goblins - The fearless pillagers, flankers, suicide bombers, so on and so forth. They are fast, indeed they are 2 fast for me.
One (1) Imps - Continuing to espouse the general model of my army being a chaotic barely coherent mass of organic matter the imp squadrons exist primarily to sow chaos in the battlefield. I think the orcs could be ordered to ignore them, so they could even be seeded into an already active battle where the orcs were first line. To satiate the imps after the battle is done... shit we didn't think that far. That's the primary strategic stance of my three 'bash each other in the heads with clubs' generals.
One (1) Gnome - Also adherents of the cults who believe in the ? being the way forward to a future of reckless and unnecessary technological progress (my faction invents the internet at some point, in this realm, and also invents League of Legends and gamer toxicity. And The Chainsmokers.). They arm the suicide goblins with bombs and also arm my prayer circles with hellacious pyrotechnics.

The troops of my army are fanatic and dedicated, with utter Loyalty in spite of all logical reasons to not be loyal to me in particular. Our dedication and insane army tactics that kill ourselves as much as the enemy have earned us a proceeding reputation of being mostly stoppable yet still a Terror to face on the battlefield.

We attack Grimmora first, because of their 'survival of the fittest' politics. My glorious vision told me that I would one day be the destroyer of this 'survival of the fittest'. It must be brought down.

The remaining order of conquest would likely be a billion unexpected encounters as I repeatedly try to pursue other armies belonging to people who post in this thread out of a blinding zeal's worth of vendetta against the self-insert leaders that was granted to me by the ?. After that we all attack Naturelle but get lost in the maze and die out. Worth.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

September 28th, 2017, 8:36 pm #8

I think to start off, the most reasonable route for me would be Rightful Heir, which mixes right and revenge in a way that I would say "yeah, I'd conquest for that". Plus, I figure the easiest way for people to side with me it play to their emotional side, which will have a part in the skills later on. Plus, I can't just take that shit standing down, making the family bitchmade for all eternity, that would be some mess. This grants me an extra two troop tokens and an extra army token, which kinda supports the idea that I can't really do this by myself and need to put my people person skills to work. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Since my route doesn't grant any extra player tokens, I only get three to make myself semi-competent.

Tactician - All those years spent in hiding had to flourish something. War games and studying are what would have consumed most of my free time, but most of that would still be largely theoretical. Years of playing Fire Emblem can only help so much. Which translates into my next perk...

Charisma - Sure, it's easy enough to get sympathizers for my campaign because of my background, but I'm gonna need to show something a little more than a bit of spunky chutzpah, which I have more then I know what to do with. Plus, even if my tactical advice is sound and based in knowledge, I'd need people to believe in me for my plans to go into full effect. Now, largely, most of my planning has been based around my army as a whole, but I feel like I need a little something to really sell my image.

Living Armor - There are tactical reasons for this perk, obviously, but wearing a suit of armor at all times and also being able to move at full speed with it gives a pretty great image for my army. Not to mention being able to no-sell a lot of things in the midst of battle would instill many enemies to shit bricks, especially in direct confrontations. I feel this would also make me less afraid in battle, aside from the real heavy artillery/enemies, but I'll have people for that.

Speaking of, thanks to my six troop tokens, I've acquired a rag tag bunch of misfits to fill up my ranks. It started out with the remnants of the past kingdom and those who oppose the current, i.e. a handful of fellow humans that I've known for a very long time. In the siege that threw out me and the rest of my family, many died in the ensuing conflict, resulting in having a good supply of the undead at my helm (with dear old pop as the head honcho of the zombies, of course). The goblins were pretty easy to convince - natch -since I just told them they would be able to blow shit up. "Shit" probably meaning themselves along with the enemy, but I wouldn't think they would care if I told that to 'em. The half-elves and the half-orcs have been promised full citizenship under my reign, as would their families. I value their ability to adapt and their willingness to hear out my commands, in comparison to their full-blooded counterparts. Thanks to my living armor perk, I was able to show the Dragonborn I could tough it out with the lot of them, which is important in building respect if they're going to be the first line of defense for me and the rest of the army.

And now that my army is totally compiled, I get to spend 3 army tokens upgrading it.

Blood Bond - Seeing as how I've know my human group of the army for the longest time and we've been through thick and thin, this almost feels like a given. Since humans are so well-rounded, I'll have 6 of my most trusted advisers placed in different groups, one for each race. This way, I'll have a general good view of what's going on at all times, which will be super useful when giving out commands.

Loyalty - For the rest of my army, this is the most logical step. By instilling my image and trying to prove myself to all my non-human troops, along with my charisma, I've made myself worthy of being the proper ruler of the land.

Terror - I want the guys who took my kingdom to feel my army coming, even just through stories. My army is already pretty large (3,000 in total, with the largest possible being 3,500 in this game), so amplifying that image is great for mind games. Plus, I've already painted a picture of myself as a nearly invincible warlord who uses tiny green kamikazes to blow shit up and then zombify what's remaining afterward. WITH VENGEANCE.

I'm going to siege and take back what is mine: Castelia. The king won't talk to me because there is nothing to discuss - this is just payback. My plan to get the city wall revolves around using the ingredients that are a part of the goblin's suicide bombing tactic (we need to save the little buggers for when the actual battle begins, plus give them some dignity), wherein the half-orcs will bust our way through and the dragonborns leads the charge. The humans guide their groups due to their familiarity with the city, helping set up the half-elves in positioning so they can secure the high ground. And the undead do as they do, ensuring we never run out of numbers, former fallen foe and ally alike.

After all is said and done, and I have regained my throne, I set to conquest on Regalia to expand my land and resources. Not only is this beneficial for my own power and economic growth, but it sends a message. Telling anyone who thinks of trying to get me off the throne "Don't even try that shit, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch."
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

September 29th, 2017, 3:19 am #9

VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

Comrades! We fight in the name of Justice! For too long, we have been suppressed and pushed down! For too long, this country has been torn apart by war with no regard for the smallfolk! I say to this, no more! No more will we bleed and die for the greed of others! No more will we see our lands burned and people murdered!

For justice!

Since I was a child, I have strained at the monstrous yoke of Feudia's kings. They care nothing for their people. They care only for power. My father was drafted into war, and did not return. My brother returned to us on the back of a corpse cart. My cousin refused, and was butchered.

They did not draft me. Instead, they saw my water magic, and claimed me for a most noble prize. Never mind what good I could have done for my village's farms, my friends and neighbours. Instead, I was to be a court plaything, a curiosity to be displayed to visitors, performing tricks like a dancing bear. I knew more than tricks, but of course, they expected nothing of a peasant girl.

I trained in secret, honing my magic and my skill with the spear. And I dreamed. 'En Garde', I imagined myself shouting as I forced my way into the throne room, burying my blade into the king's heart.

One day, I promised myself it would no longer be a dream, and by the time I enacted my Daring escape, I began to hope that the reality was approaching.

I never expected to lead anyone, much less an army. I never expected flooding a wedding to draw me acclaim. It had simply struck me as the best way to create confusion, and then flee before anyone figured out what was happening. Instead, the tale of the Sodden Prince became a symbol. His rage at being humiliated at his own nuptials was towering, and like all good nobles, he lashed out, calling for my head, calling for the heads of any who harboured or helped me.

Fear became defiance in an instant.

The banner was raised first by the humans of course, my own people, and the word spread like wildfire. The unwanted, the dregs, and the oppressed. Half-orcs, next, downtrodden for their lack of intellect, as if that was all the worth of a man, half-elves, caught between two worlds, but those worlds less important than the divide of rich and poor. We banded together, and I came to realise that these injustices pervaded Feudia. I sent out messages, and those messages were answered. Elves and Dark Elves alike rallied to me, and perhaps most surprisingly of all, the Imps. Perhaps I too had been guilty of judging by reputation.

Comrades! There lies Regalia! The corrupt, indolent nobles know we are coming, and they are afraid! They know that their guardsmen care only for their gold, they know that mercenaries cannot command the undying Loyalty that we have for one another, and for our cause! They know that when we stand together, we are unbreakable! With our swords of Finest Steel, with the blood of Magic which flows through us, that we have rallied even Giants to our side!

They see us, and they tremble.

For righteousness! For justice! For the people!

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

October 1st, 2017, 1:33 pm #10

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

CrossbowPig
Contender

October 1st, 2017, 6:28 pm #11

myself wrote:have been on/off writing a story based off of one called Urban Unrest
I did mean Unease, I now realize.

This one is interesting in a variety of ways, to me. It's less about choosing a benefit to yourself, and less of a simple "What would you pick?" sheet, but rather an exercise in world-building and imagination. Since I've already done this one before, I have a general idea of how it works. I still have my choices saved from last time, so this time I'll pick entirely different choices.

The building is a Soviet Brutalist one. A building as oppressive looking and grandiose as this must be the home of many secrets. For that reason alone, it attracts me - if I saw a structure such as this abandoned, it would have a similar effect on my spirit, drawing me closer and closer until it swallows me whole - though in this sense the attraction is more unconscious and maybe even unwanted, since I'm only trying to look for a place to live, and a building like this might just be more inconvenient than it is interesting to explore. Little do I know, however, of the secrets within.

My apartment is one of the ones on the Lower Floors, the third, to be exact. On my way up, I passed The Pawn Shop, the Lost & Found, and the Bodega de Demonio. Eventually, once I make a friend, I will be led downstairs to The Basement Gym, but for now I go along unaware of its presence.

The first thing I notice upon entering the apartment is that a Desiccated Hand is banging around inside a cupboard somewhere. Though I will initially be freaked out to hell and back by the hand, eventually the two of us will find common ground and live on as roommates, his penmanship and utility not going unrewarded. Moving past the Watchful Moose and into the bathroom, I'm initially startled deeply by the Occupied Mirror, perhaps even more so than with the Desiccated Hand, but after I determine her intent to be non hostile then the two of us won't have many problems, ideally. While the bathroom sink winds up to work as expected - I mean, why wouldn't it? - I go to try the kitchen sink to make sure that it's getting hot water and discover its strange qualities as a Multi-Fauceted Sink and walk away somewhat concerned about having to do my dishes in the bathroom. It is, again, only later on that I discover the Telepathic Landline and the Apartment Clocks, which will cause me great confusion and inconvenience in the future.

The following day, I walk around the building to get a sense of its layout and to introduce to my neighbors. After a startling encounter with Hemophiliac Avery that leaves me very uneasy and somewhat confused, I step outside for some fresh air, sitting down to rest on a bench next to The Chessmaster. He challenges me to a Chess match, and not knowing how to play Chess I lose, naturally. When I wake up on the roof, time having gone by, with a Pawn in my hand, I begin to panic, and make my way downwards towards the third floor. Along the way I meet The Housefather and the Painter's Apprentice, who introduce themselves decently warmly. I take more of an interest in the Painter, for being slightly closer to my own age. Finally, at the door into my apartment, I notice The Changeling sobbing and offer her some food, all the while under-reacting to my predicament. A few bread crumbs suffice for her, and at night when I hear her crying up in the air vents I start to sob myself, realizing just what I got myself into this time.

Over the course of the next few days I run into a few more of the other residents in the building who seem to have my best interests at heart, or something along those lines. Nurse Erika notices how worn out I look when I step out of my apartment in the morning and gives me a cure all for my fatigue. I decide not to take it until later. I soon meet her grandfather, Veteran Kowallski, wandering around in uniform, and give him a salute. He thanks me, and asks where it is I'm heading. When I tell him that I'm just exploring, he laughs a deep and bellowing laugh, and shows me over to my next door neighbor. The Girl Behind the Door is friendly enough, but as Kowallski explains the situation I begin to have my suspicions about why it was I who was placed in these apartments, and not anyone else. Does anyone on the outside know if this place's peculiarities? When I'm finally left to my own devices, the Charm-Giving Lass swoops by and presses something into my hand, which at this point I'm too spooked not to accept. At night, I notice the Apartment Gargoyles roaming around, and damn well near faint as I make my way into my lodgings.

The weeks fly by, and I begin to get a feel for the peculiarities of the building. Letters from My Secret Admirer come in, and, gratefully, I send letters of my own, happy to have a pen-pal throughout my strange condition. Many a night is spent visiting Hokousha Tengoku and eating cheap food. The Stairwell Window combined with the Infinity Loop Staircase make for many interesting experiences, and certainly don't make my up and down journeys any easier, but at the very least they make for some interesting situations, especially when they're filled with Hallway Balloons. I've visited the Give-and-Take Well and decided that I'm better off not messing around with it. I've made a friend in Unremarkable Jack, who showed me how the Gravity Anomaly tends to work, and used it to make it easier to avoid The Memory Gallery when I'm not feeling up to going - which is most of the time.

Why is this called Urban Unease, again? This seems so comfy and nice, and a generally interesting time all around, that I just wish I could be there right now. That said, my stay is not without misfortune. I eventually make my way down into the deeper recesses of the basement and have my first encounter with the Man in the Sharp Suit, one that comes suddenly and dangerously close to hurting me. Despite this, those who occupy the basement are happy to help me out - the Basement Apparition helps stitch me up whenever I am wounded during my adventures, helping heal wounds that even Nurse Erika's simple pills cannot fix, and the Arm in the Basement helps me learn more about what there is to be found down there so that I don't fall into many more traps. One book points me upwards, to the Yarn Spider's Nest, and in my efforts to reach the base of the basement I receive strings to help me from getting lost.

A far more immediate and disturbing threat comes from a chance encounter with the Hole in the Wall, after which my life starts to become far less internally consistent in regards to space. The spatial anomaly gets to my apartment, an Illogical Living Room with a Sun-Kissed Cabinet in the kitchen nearby being the two most startling new facets of my living space. Guns begin to appear in my Veteran's Pillowcase, urging me down a path that I want no part of.

Despite these trials and tribulations, I think I'd manage to carve out a decent life for myself here. Sure, it might be weird having outsider friends over, but if they really like me then they'll just roll with it, I think.

This CYOA is daunting, but worth it! I hope to see some really cool and creative choices here soon.
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Cicada Days
Winner

October 2nd, 2017, 2:02 pm #12

No fair CBP already knows this one I demand a recount or something

Also I think this CYOA is low key assuming the reader is male, HMMMMM

---
[+] Spoiler
That Public Housing aesthetic somehow reminds me of scenes from Evangelion and that's pretty vibe so as it turns out, I was called right into a creepily spacious and expansive jungle of concrete. Cool shit, and also I envision these really slow rickety elevators where the lights will flicker on and off. Also that exact picture low key freaks me out because if there were a huge central well like that I'd be anxious whenever moving around because low key I'm afraid of heights. Thus, while in reality I'd get a room as close to ground floor as is possible I'd be put on the Upper Floors. Like I'm imagining some kind of common room a-la a college dorm only the sink is rusted shut and there's mysterious jagged stains on one wall or whatever. My particular domicile is a tiny one bedroom with a spartan theme. I manage to put up a single shitty weeb poster right over my bed but over time it slowly warps into something unfamiliar.

Also lol the Lawson picture rip that brand diss
Anyways all of the stores that creep me out are ground floor and with street-facing fronts, because I'm always a proponent of creepiness and unusual things lurking around the corner in broad daylight. I have all manner of unusual and disturbing memory and flashback experiences via the Lost and Found, Blockbuster LLC (it still existing is in and of itself an existential crisis for me), Lost and Found, and Irregular Grocery. The fact that all the places I have easy and convenient access to goods are all weird and disturbing may explain why my apartment lays bare. That and I'm too lazy to go to the nearby IKEA.

I'm going to Green Bold furniture, Blue Bold other tenants, Different Blue Bold encounters, and Red Bold hostile encounters. I've elected to tell the rest of this CYOA chronologically like Yung Pig did. I take three Hostiles for a total of nine additional choices, which I am pretty sure can be applied to any of the other sections?

The first thing I come to notice is Amazon Tandem, because I'm already freaked out by the Lawsons I decide to do Amazon Fresh for my food. Funnily enough I gain about twenty pounds or so over the course of this misadventure. While I set up I notice my Illogical Living Room, while trying to unpack I notice that my stuff left in periphery vision looks spatially wrong, because geometry and topology also count as math and all. I go out of the room thinking I'm just high off some shit and need to cool down and walk, and this is where I meet the Painter's Apprentice (I bestow upon him the name of Avery), who talks to me about the Painter's Memento in the corner of my bedroom, claiming it helped his former master who owned my room before me sleep at night. He also tells me about the Scarlet Youth in Paint that another painter who died made, and introduces us. Avery's a charming if quiet fellow and he's rather receptive to art swapping even if I'm infinitely worse than him. Scarlet and I start having late night study sessions when I move a painting of her's into my living room.

That evening when I return a Man in the Fancy Suit is waiting for me, showing disturbing knowledge of my ambitions and offering a fresh start. I'm tempted but turn him down out of a sense of ambition. He never leaves me alone for the remainder of this journey, every day at the same time he shows up in my living room somehow with the same pitch, no matter what creative ways I find to flip him the bird.

My fridge seems to be broken when I'm putting my haul of Amazon bought junk food in, I call the kind old Apartment Janitor in to fix it but he informs me it's just Refrigerator Morse, though he doesn't know who for sure lives on the other side. I never do much with the fridge since I'm honestly a bit too dumb to figure out the Morse for myself, but sometimes I do leave the door open out of sentiment, reaching out to this mysterious telegrammer from another dimension. Taking my bath that evening I find my Occupied Mirror and we quickly get along, I teach her the chopsticks game and patty cake and shit, that's hella. At some point I'd make a hilariously bad pass at her by offering to let her stay while I'm showering but of course she refuses because duh. That evening the Hallway Wanderer knocks on my door claiming I owe her sixty bucks in the future, after she tells me she's surprised my vase is still unbroken and I promptly break it on accident I figure the rest out. She's always a bit alien to my main squad but she joins in on the shenanigans sometimes.

I wake up the next morning to be freaked out by the Sun-kissed Cabinets. Funnily enough Scarlet is studying history with a focus in Ancient Egypt, so I end up getting a smaller painting and putting it in the cabinet so she can do 'field research' a few minutes a day, and maybe have a workable thesis in like 3 decades. My next few weeks are slow and steady but eventful. I accidentally jump on the Infinity Line and that weekend I take a getaway trip to Spain. I meet the Noire Radio Host and set up my radio so I can tune into his play-by-play of my own life. I also tune into the Local Channels, which keep me informed, but also awkwardly freeze frame me and my friends in weird positions while credits roll.

I'm gifted the First-Aid Kit as a housewarming gift by the janitor and the Apartment Maid, the latter of whom I low key BFF-sies because we share humor. She keeps me out of the basement which actually handily prevents me from dying in this particular CYOA excursion. By this point it hasn't been too long but the odd memories and nostalgia are starting to really haunt me again, in the form of the Memory Gallery which I'm drawn to in spite of how painful it can be sometimes. Sometimes I don't even know what the memories are of, though the Hallway Wanderer assures me I'll miss them when they're gone. At some point I find the Odd-Job Listing and I start doing it regularly since I don't exactly go out except to work? Among other things I become Girl Behind the Doors errand girl- and I never quite figure out how the 'never open her door' maxim works when it's Open Door Day (once a week! We're somehow a very neighborly place even though half of us are shut in losers and recluses). I also become friendly with Paranormal Maniac despite routinely failing her requests to get evidence of stuff like the Apartment Clocks (made me late for work a multitude of times) and the Stair Standing Stones. Never bring her around my house though, because her existence would temporarily phase Scarlet and Mirror Girl out of existence and those are my gal squad, can't go existentially denying them.

My squad gets rounded out by three others. Delving Adventurer rescues me from getting lost in the Hokusha Tengoku and afterwards I become his place to crash between basement delves with the Maid, he also gifts me the Sentient Microwave though I'm pretty sure he was just looking for a convenient place to keep it. Through him I meet his weirdly competent sidekick when we're all drunk, Smug Hikkikomori (Reiko), who is like low key my hate crush. If that girl's my m o m m y then Demon Falfarafax becomes my d a d d y, and unfortunately never offers the lewd contract I hope he'd offer. The three of us hang out regularly and game and shit, and we even include Mirror Girl and Scarlet when the logistics are possible.

For a time it's a happy dysfunctional squad. We get up to all kinds of dumb shenanigans like prank calling numbers from the Illustrated Stalls and learning how to dive bomb the Infinity Loop Staircase for the perfect 420/10s. Once when the High-Five Hands visit us and chill we spend an evening just trying to attach them to stuff with the first aid kit properties, like a bunch of dumbasses. Fortunately we never see what would happen if we actually succeeded in catching one like that.

It's about half a year into the weirdness and everything's settled, it's reaching the point that I even start to frequent the stores that once weirded me out. One day I encounter the rare new face who supposedly comes from the other side of the building, the Charm-Giving Lass. I politely refuse, citing that I have enough randomly magical crap as is (this is said verbatim). She takes it well, but she's the last new face I meet. Afterwards Father Alyosha, whose offers of confession were usually in passing and polite, rather aggressively insists that I must confess my sin. I don't know what he means. At the apartment that evening Avery is waiting for me- rare for him- and says he found the Ex-Tenants Journals. His master's former chronicle, somehow still here. It details that he never did move away, but rather that he seemed to vanish at some point. The Man in the Fancy Suit happens to visit while I'm reading the journal, and seems delighted to see that I found it.

I trek up The Stairs to the End, seeking to muse on the view as I normally do. The apocalyptic shadow figures are a surprise, I'd never seen them before. I realize they're coming for me. I turn away.

The next week is an escalating nightmare. The Indoor Livestream starts to bother me. Scarlet claims she can no longer enter the paintings in my apartment. Mirror Girl stops communicating, she merely stands there in silence. The local channel sitcom is no longer laugh tracks but just half hour blocks of painful static. The Noir Radio man is speaking in more ominous, frantic diction about 'horrors' and 'the end'. The Message on the Wall appears, I never answer it, but it begins to bug me all the same. It is multiplied when depicted on the livestream feed, repeated over and over on every available inch of my walls. It keeps insisting 'my luck's run out'. That's by far the kindest thing it has to say. My friends insist they don't see anything wrong, but their visits become briefer, they all insist they're busy. How the hell is Reiko even busy, she never leaves the apartment? I invite the Paranormal Maniac around in a desperate gamble. She says she can 'see things' now, and is beyond excited. I am not.

One tar black moonless night the crawling of the message insistently circles my bed in tighter and tighter circles and I can't take it. I cower beside Scarlet's empty portrait until the time of day the Man in the Fancy Suit comes. I give him what he wants, and I am packed and gone that day. I never see any of them, not a single hair's worth of any of my friends, ever again.

I only take one thing that wasn't originally mine with me, and that's the Painter's Memento (since it can be sold I like to assume it can just be taken as well!). It stays with me in the next very normal residence, and gives me sweet memories of what fun I'd had in my old home. Eventually I forget it was ever supernatural. All the memories are whitewashed. I assume I just had ordinary friends and an ordinary exciting life I'd left behind. I come to miss them, and they become one of my many regrets to be filed away forever as memories and memories only, just like all the others I've ever had.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

October 8th, 2017, 6:40 am #13

Bah, I'll try to get my Urban Unease write-up this week as well. In the meantime, continuing the spooky theme this month:

A simpler tale. At the very core of human design, fear is as simple as it gets.

A SPOOKY ADVENTURE

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

October 9th, 2017, 3:54 am #14

I find myself, with a lovelorn gauche suit and gently used neurotic charm, in front of the Art Deco building that longs to be called home. It glows of both nostalgia and unfamiliarity, and presents itself in a way that begs me to justify my future residence with my own empty pocket of dreams and a penny loaf of guts. Like many, I have come to this place in hopes of finding inspiration in something where it lies in it's very foundation. I hunker down in the Lower Floors of the building and am steadfast in building a repertoire with it. In the beginning of the morning I let out the Desiccated Hand, who seems to understand my lack of financial tact to a level that is uncomfortable, but extremely helpful regardless. It seems to grow melancholic whenever I peruse the Ex-Tenant's Journals...However, it's mood seems to be elevated when I act as interpreter whenever we use the Refrigerator Morse. Another of my irregular style "roomies" would be the girl in the Occupied Mirror, who shows her brilliance when directing my hands with her own as I experiment with the Multi-Faucet Sink, where she seems to know what exactly concoction I need. There was that one time where we briefly created mustard gas, but I suppose that's the drawback from trying to find the true formula of Cola. I hardly ever use it for drink anymore, being outperformed by the Vending Machine just outside the entrance door - a difference between business and leisure, that. My fickle taste buds come undone after being contained in gas masks, so it's a pleasant experience when a rather simple matter of choice is taken away from me.

Ahem. That all being said, I do require exploration in the world of cookery, which is granted to me by the Irregular Grocery Store and Uncle Icky's Takeout. I presume no relation. At the restaurant, I listen to the Noire Raido Host, but always seem to pass out before the revelation in the story comes - which always brings me back for more answers. At the store, I meet the Ancient Witch Irina, where I report on the favors I do for her in exchange for little knick-knacks of magic. Whenever this happens, she begins humming a nursery that both scares and comforts me to sleep, as she walks off into the eldtrich parts of the store. My pride is wounded whenever this occurs. Generally, I'm not use to waking up in irregular places after binging on food, and less so perfectly content, but consistency is well appreciated as a customer - deciding factor between the two is whether I would rather waking up on a bench or the roof, respectively.

As I get accustomed to my new day-to-day life, I make sure not to forget why I came. I try to find even more inspiration in the Heretic's Library, where I meet my good friend the Scarlet Youth in Paint. It got to the point where I opted to add one of her portraits to my own home so she can easily trade books if I'm unable to come over. She also sometimes confiscated any upcoming overdue books I have lying around, though I don't imagine she enjoys that as much. Of course, with my new surroundings, literature isn't enough anymore, which takes me to Crazy Dan's Supplies store. While I do collect some supplies here, my main objective is to explore the new worlds available to me, using my own home-made bottled concoctions and the parchments from Irina to use, however that may occur. That said, I am not entirely out for myself in this case - if it wasn't for the Smug Hikkikomori, I might not have ever dared come here. In exchange for telling her about all the various worlds out there to, she'll guide me through the one we share.

Of course, I don't feel it would be healthy to depend solely on a NEET to learn about my setting. On my ventures on my lonesome, I come into contact with the Bearded Chronicler and The Chessmaster. The Chronicler has a lot of time on his hands, namely of the past variety. The visual I get from his smokey visage amidst the pouring rain is enough without me partaking in the tobacco with him, and that creates an almost fatherly image I have towards him. Perhaps, with time, I'd be glad to be his equal, but only when I have good enough stories of my own. I'll admit, The Chessmaster's ambition, as a contrast to the Chronicler, makes it that much easier to see him as a peer even if he's older then my traceable ancestors. Plus, a "sparring" partner isn't exactly the thing I imagined to run into during my time here, even if it's mostly mental. It feels like he seeks to challenge me as much as he challenges himself, so the least I can do is my utmost. The chess pieces I acquire add nice pieces of decoration around the house, to boot.

Due to my many reoccurring involuntary awakening's on top of the roof, I've become acquainted with the Apartment Gargoyles, with whom I've given my due head pats every time I encounter them. This unconscious act has granted me a set of loyal guardians. Something that I would come to regret much later, upon seeing a Hole in the Wall... late at night, I stared - intimately. I remember my body actively forcing itself to walk towards it, while my mind did everything in it's power to deny it. I remember stone dogs racing in front of my position. I remember the solemn vow I made to an empty pedestal that had made three out of four. Most of all, I recall the saddened smile of the Demon Falfarax as I presented to him to 20-sided die left at my doorstep by that vessel I saw that night, challenging him to a game of chance.

Father Alyosha often lends an ear when I try to recollect that night - He knows more of what I saw that day then I know I ever will. And he says nothing to lead me further down that sight. And I thank him.

I've become adjusted to this place, so much so I've gained a Secret Admirer after replying to a message in one of The Illustrated Stalls - who I can only hope is not so secret, given how they leave little details about myself I've only told the friends I've made so far with intense fawning in their letters. A true wild card, not unlike that dear fellow Unremarkable Jack, who I only seem to see during the Hokousha Tengoku - it's the place where he...she...they stick out the most against the backdrop of humanoid projections. Unfortunately, we do not get to chat for long, before I have to skulk off to The Infinity Line to take care of my variety of objectives I gather from the Odd Jobs Listing. Most of the tasks aren't too far - barring any time I have to get across new dimensions - but I do what I can to lessen the strain on my legs. After a day's work, I greet the High-Five Hands with as much energy I have left in my body. Holidays come and go, but the one I've been waiting for me is Open Door Day. It is on this very day that I show my new pride with all the concoctions I make, having not only found inspiration, but something to do with it. It also here where I am the sole soul to gather enough courage to visit the Girl Behind The Door, who I've gathered flowers across this world and the ones before and after it, just for her.

But her door remains. All the tenant stare at me, telling me, don't do it, she'll wake up tomorrow.

But I look into the peephole, and see only her room, glowing with scarlet light, with so many broken flowers decorated on the floor.

I use one of my concoctions to melt the door away, my friends having dispersed for their own safety.

And I see the Man in the Sharp Suit.

He palms my scalp and takes me The Stairs to the End and throws me into the new world, where all the color is gone and behemoths follow in soot.

I understand immediately. I broke a rule, and my nemesis has been waiting oh so very long for that. I dust off my sharp suit, and look back at the last door I'll ever go through. I see the Girl Behind The Door, shaking, face buried in a classical bouquet in gauche dressage. I stare, just for a moment. I move forward, past the Gothic chapels with closed gates, modern dice being rolled in the alley across from it. Both with brutal eyes perched on my body. I move forward past soon to be destroyed public parks and wards, past those who use to find solace in such places, and those who can only look from pent house windows. I move forward past those who've passed me so many years ago, with all their secrets and words whispered to another, past the words whispered to myself in historic thoughts long squandered.

I stop.

"Welcome home."
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

CrossbowPig
Contender

October 10th, 2017, 7:37 pm #15

Oh boy its monster tiiiiiiiiiime.

I think maybe the most important distinction of any kind that this CYOA makes is at the start; that the goal is to scare, not necessarily to kill. To that end I shall be building a monster so scary, so terrifying, that it would manage to scare myself.

I'll start now as a Spirit. What's scarier than something you cannot see? You can attempt to fight a ghost, the next least tangible creature, and everything else is still somewhat mortal. For my unique power, I'm going to choose Possession. My general game plan is to haunt a place, a house of some kind, or some living situation where two people are living together. Lure them into an enclosed space - basement, closet, bathroom - and have themselves lock themselves inside, thinking that everything is okay, Then, I take control of one of them, slowly turning on the other while still locked inside whatever room they're in. Even better if it's a loved one.

Or, even worse, I could be the spirit of depression, taking root in the minds of usually charismatic and well-liked individuals and driving them further and further down the spiral of self-hatred. The fear comes from those around them, afraid that their loved one is slipping beyond their reach, spiking as I drive my possessed individual towards various suicide attempts or patterns of erratic behavior. Hey, if it scared my family and friends, it'll scare anyone else's, too.

When it comes to immortality, I have to choose Rebirth, simply because, as a spirit, it makes the most sense for me to wind up reincarnated at some point, or something. Biological doesn't make sense, and neither does Respawn, for my spirit body. Replacement makes more sense, but I don't feel like it's worth the trouble since whoever is attempting to kill me would have been some kind of exorcist, and they can likely just exorcise this new host body just as easily.

My haunt is that of Media. I don't know if I could haunt an already existing song or it has to come into existence when I become a Spirit, the way that this is described. If the former is true, then I'll haunt the song "What's New Pussycat," because of how benign and often humorous it is. If the latter, then I could whip up an easy piano composition.

Unseen Force is a no-brainer, as far as powers go. Temptation will make sure that somehow, someway, "What's New Pussycat" is always relevant. Voices gets the song stuck in the heads of listeners, infecting every single sound and word with Tom Jones. Trapped keeps my victims in range of a stereo or other music listening device, and also ties into my first method of instilling fear.

Driving someone to suicide with "What's New Pussycat" is a new level of meme tbh.

I'll get some Extra Sustenance from the laughter of some who find the song funny (in which case "It's Not Unusual" follows soon after /s). Illusion probably makes cat creatures crawl out of the woodwork or foundation of whatever location I find myself haunting, or something similarly kitschy and strange. Of course, Presence lets me tell whenever and where-ever people scroll past "What's New Pussycat" on their youtube lists, Spotify mixes, and the like.

Apart from turning the goddamn music off, my weaknesses are my True Name (which, for all intents and purposes, is henceforth "Miniature Giraffe") and Rare Material being the original tape masters of "Whats New Pussycat."
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again