Located in the center of the first floor, this area is a large open space filled with rows of lockers, as well as tables, chairs, and benches. Most students come here repeatedly throughout the day, to retrieve or deposit books, food, love letters, and the like. The school takes a very dim view of decorations on the outside of lockers, so this space tends to appear rather dull.
Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

April 25th, 2012, 1:46 pm #11

Was it just him, or was Francis being particularly hostile and defensive today? And was that an eye roll Francis made right before answering? If he didn't know any better, he would have assumed it had something to do with that Kaliska girl he was talking about. Hmm. Miles turned to Travis with a grin and back to Francis again.

"Sounds like a nice girl. Lucky man."

It was at this point that another of their female friends showed up at the front of the student center. Miles was sort of relieved to see one of the girls show up, as it was really starting to feel like a sausage fest. The girl also happened to be Stacy Ramsey, one of the two attractive Stacy's he knew. Stacy was also pretty nice compared to some of the bitchier girls in his social circle and Miles liked that about her.

"Hiya Stacy!" He started to say in greeting, before she interrupted by... guilt tripping them about the freshmen boys? Gosh, it seemed like his entire break period was revolving around those kids. It wasn't even that much of a big deal.

He watched her look over to the boys who were hanging around farther back in the student center, mouthing something out to them. That was interesting. Did she have the hots for those young boys or something? He knew Stacy was the flirty type, but come on... cougar much?

Miles chuckled to his own joke in only his mind, but turned his attention back to the group after hearing Francis practically throw both him and Travis under the bus. Miles gave Francis a quick look before turning back to Stacy again with his response.

"Aw, sorry Stacy. I didn't tell them to move or anything. I just told 'em to vote for me. That's all. Those kids got up and left by themselves, right Travis?"

He looked at Travis, whom for some reason felt much cooler and easier to get along with than usual today. The rest of his friends seemed to be on their periods or something. Miles stood up, pulled one of the more comfortable, padded chairs out for Stacy and put on a warm smile in an effort to show them he wasn't a jerk.

"Here have a seat, Stacy."

It was just some lucky coincidence for him that Mrs. Havok had been passing by at the same time, nodding in approval to his chivalrous manners.

Delroy
Leader
Delroy
Leader

April 26th, 2012, 4:08 am #12

"Kaliska, huh? Wow, that's a pretty trippy name... Well, she sounds like a nice person, I guess... I don't really know who she is though.."

Travis scratched his hair again and yawned. That table sure looked like a comfortable spot to lie down on. That's when he saw Stacy walking up to the table and gave her a slight wave.

"Hey, Stacy. What's u-..."

Ooooh, she clearly didn't approve of them kicking the freshmen off the table. Couldn't be helped, he supposed. Stacy was definitely one of the nicer kids in the group, so the fact that she felt bad for the kids who'd been there before them didn't really surprise him.

Francis simply shrugged, claimed he had nothing to do with it and that it was Travis and Miles idea. Travis supposed he was kinda right in this regard, as Trav had been the one bringing the topic up in the first place, and Miles had been the one confronting them. Francis had mostly been floating around in the background during these events.

Still, way to throw us under the bus, dude...

Suddenly, he heard his name mentioned.

"Those kids got up and left by themselves, right Travis?"

Huh? Oh, shit, he should probably speak up.

"Yeah, Stace, he's right..."

Travis shrugged, and with his normal and casual vulgarity continued:

"... I mean, we didn't really do shit to those kids. We just walked up to them, Miles told 'em to vote for him, and then they just went away without us even asking. So... y'know... just... Chill oooout... We're not the bad guys here, alright?"

He gave her a mischievous grin.
He didn't really feel the need to mention that he'd probably been the one to scare them away by constantly looking at them, trying to hint to the fact that they were in a place where they weren't supposed to be.

But hey, staring them down beat a normal confrontation. And at least it had ended peacefully. He wasn't entirely sure it would've if people like Adonis or some of the others had been here.

Miles pulled out a chair for Stacy, offering her a seat. Travis wasn't sure if he'd done it to smooth things over with her, or if he'd done it to suck up to Mrs. Havok who was just walking past. Unlike Travis, Miles knew how to look good in front of teachers. Travis himself... well... his reputation among the faculty of Aurora High was a travesty, to say the least.

He stretched out his back yet again, all whilst sitting on top of his backrest in quite an impressive act of balancing. Most people would have fallen off the chair in his situation. Granted, he'd fallen off plenty of chairs before gaining enough control and experience to do these kinds of moves.
That wasn't really relevant to his painful back though. Goddamn, those chairs in Calculus had done a number on his spine.
After finally feeling a slight crack of disks slipping into place (One of his favorite feelings in the world, nothing short of euphoric relief), he turned his attention to Miles.

"So what's up, Miles? Hows the Election going so far?"

Travis hadn't run for anything this year. Or the year before that. Or the year before THAT.
Granted, with the amount of people around the school who knew him, he might actually stand a chance, but the teachers would never allow it, and he wasn't really too keen on putting a bunch of time and effort into a silly make-believe political election. Even if he won, he'd probably be too lazy to actually make any changes.

That said, he always enjoyed politics, so it would be nice to hear what his friend had to say about his progress.
V5 characters:

Travis Webster - Whistling party animal with a roguish smile, quick wit, and without a care in the world.
[+] spoiler

Made by Violent-Medic
Pregame: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Island: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Back home: The Webster Household, and their reactions....

Will
Player

April 26th, 2012, 5:13 pm #13

Stacy folded her arms and looked at her three friends for a response. Immediately Francis dropped the blame on Miles and Travis, which resulted in Stacy struggling to keep a straight face as Miles shot a look at Francis. With a disbelieving look across her face, Stacy listened to Miles as he gave his excuse for what had happened, claiming that the freshmen moved by themselves and he was just trying to gain their votes.

She then looked at Travis who told her to chill out and gave her a similar disbelieving excuse as Miles did. Stacy didn’t believe a word they were saying. She saw the look that the three boys had on their faces as her friends walked towards them. Plus, it seemed even weirder that after Miles told them to “vote for him” that they would then get up and move to a different table, when the one they were sitting at was just as good as any other table.

Travis followed this up with a mischievous grin which confirmed that they weren’t telling the truth. Stacy let out another sigh. She decided to drop it; there was no point in making a big deal about it. Besides, the three boys had already found another table and were perfectly... happy now anyway. Stacy gave another quick look at the three young boys who continued to glare at the group of four friends.

Raising an eyebrow, Stacy looked between her three friends as a smile crept across her face.

“Yeah, I’m sure. You know, you guys really need to get better at lying.” Stacy laughed as she went to grab a seat.

It was then that Miles stood up and pulled out a seat for Stacy. She looked at him with kind eyes and a wide grin. Stacy considered this gesture to be out of Miles’s own kindness and generosity. Sure, he probably only did it to get back it Stacy’s good books after what he did to those boys, but nevertheless it was still kind.

As Stacy went to sit down, she then noticed Mrs. Havok walking pass and nodding at Miles. Looking back at Miles, Stacy gave him a disgusted smirk.

“Wow Miles, you really know how to impress the ladies don’t you?” She said sarcastically.

Shuffling her chair a couple of centimeters away from Miles, Stacy then shot him another look. Stacy wasn’t actually angry at Miles; she just liked to tease him.

Stacy watched Travis with a confused frown as he seemed to do some weird balancing trick on top of a backrest, which then turned out to be him trying to click his back. She blinked a couple of times then shook her head. “Strange boy” Stacy thought to herself.

Following up on his creative back clicking skills, Travis then asked Miles how he was doing in the election. Without a doubt in her mind, Stacy knew that Miles would win. He was competitive, charismatic, the teachers loved him and above all, popular. In addition to this, he only had one opponent, Amaranta Montalvo. It wasn’t as if Amaranta was a bad opponent or anything, it was just that against Miles, she would be dominated. If anyone could win, it would be Miles. Stacy had never ran for student body president or vice president before and she never planned to. She found debating, politics and anything of the sort extremely tedious and couldn’t understand how anybody could find it interesting. She’d much rather stick to what she was good at: cheerleading, modeling and partying.
V6 Characters:
------------------
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------
[+] spoiler
------------------
--------B011: Finn Grant ------------------------------------- G020: Stacy Ramsey------
----------Weapon: Megaphone--------------------------Weapon: Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12
---------------------------Multishot---------------------------------------------- Caught in a Moment-------------------
[+] spoiler
Finn Grant: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Stacy Ramsey: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Pippin
Winner

April 30th, 2012, 10:55 pm #14

To Francis’ relief, the whole thing about Kaliska didn’t go any further than a couple of comments from Miles and Travis. Thank God. He didn’t think Miles was the sort of person to go around spreading rumours, and Travis definitely wasn’t, but he could never be too certain. Anyway, that was all in the past now. Stacy’s guilt trip was the major thing right now.

As soon as Francis told Stacy it had been Miles and Travis’s idea to eject the kids, Miles gave him a rather priceless look. Francis had to resist the urge to laugh. But whilst his look had been amusing, Francis realised that he might be slightly overstepping the line. Small jokes at other peoples expense was fine, but blatantly throwing them under the bus was pretty dickish, no matter what circle you were in.

Miles went on to make some sort of half-assed and completely untrue excuse about how the kids had left on their own accord, and asked Travis to back him up. This time, Francis honestly couldn’t help but smile. Travis’ frankly bizarre back up didn’t help matters much. Stacy seemed to have seen straight through Miles’ bluff as well, although she laughed as she called him out. Despite how annoyed he’d been feeling earlier, Francis’ mood had drastically improved, and he felt pretty guilty for how defensive he’d been acting earlier. Although, not too guilty. It was Miles, after all.

Francis placed the pile of books and paper on the table, making sure it took up as little space as possible, and took the top book from the pile. As he did so, he noticed Miles pulling out a chair and offering it to Stacy. Francis raised his eyebrow (or at least, tried to. It was far from impressive). He couldn’t fault Miles for being a gentleman, but it did seem rather too coincidental that Mrs. Havok was passing by right then.

Unfortunately for Miles, Stacy again noticed that something was up. Or not. Francis gave Miles the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, his smile broadened into a grin at Stacy’s comment. And seeing as Travis had brought up the topic of the election, Francis couldn’t help but throw in his comment.

“Ooh, busted, Miles” he said, still looking down at his book. “You’ll haveta get better at lying if you wanna be a successful politician type guy.” Francis then looked up from his book.

“Speaking of, not that I’ve got much of an interest in politics ‘n stuff, but what exactly are, like…” Francis waved his hand in a circular motion, searching for the word he wanted. “Your, uh, plans for the school, if you win?”
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Violent-Medic
Winner

May 1st, 2012, 1:39 am #15

((Naomi Bell continued from What Is A Hero?))

Naomi walked into the student center, but stopped almost immediately to study the banners that Miles had hung up. Since she was to be president (hopefully, and probably would be if the student body had any sense) she naturally had an interest in the campaigning.

So far she only knew of two people who were campaigning for vice president. She wasn't allowed to publicly take sides on who would win the vice presidency, due to the fact that one was a good friend and the other was her cousin, but she was much more confident in Miles' chances. Largely because Mara still wasn't going for the 'reprobate vote' as she called it. Which, by her standards, seemed to be most of the school.

Furthermore, Mara's name didn't lend itself to puns quite so easily. Naomi smiled slightly at the pun on Miles' banner. Sometimes she envied him for having a name that could be worked into campaigns so easily. It was impossible to do anything with the word Naomi, and while Bell was workable it was still difficult to create taglines related to it that made sense.

Walking towards the table that her friends normally sat at, Naomi quickly scanned it to check how many of the nastier members were there. They may have been her friends, but... some of them could be harsh at times, and any students they targeted would consider Naomi guilty by association. Sometimes she could distract her friends from targeting other students, but it was harder if there were a lot of them.

Today, however, there were only four sitting down and they were all nicer members of the group. Well, Francis and Stacy were, at any rate. Travis could be a jerk at times (not to mention he was a perpetually stoned imbecile who didn't know how to sit on a chair) but generally only when other people were. And Miles... well, he couldn't afford to lose the votes.

Maybe that's why he was currently pulling out a chair so that Stacy could sit down. ...No, wait. Mrs. Havok was passing by. It all makes sense.

"So now we know. Chivalry is dead until revived by authority figures walking by," Naomi said as she sat down. "Classy."

She dropped her bag next to her chair as Travis and Francis started with their questions about Miles' campaign and what he was going to do if he won.

"Ooh, yes. Do tell, Miles." Naomi glanced at his cup of espresso and grinned. "Are you going to campaign for an espresso machine to be put in the lunch room? It would save you a lot of travel." Her cousin carried around an espresso so often that Naomi was sometimes filled with the urge to find their family photos and photoshop an espresso mug into his hands, simply because it didn't feel right without one.
[+] spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

decoy73
Winner

May 1st, 2012, 4:40 am #16

((Zubin Wadia continued from In Relative Solitude))

Zubin walked into the student center, still not knowing why he was doing what he was doing. To look good? He'd run a couple times for the student council, with about zero success. Mainly because the other guys had better ideas or something.

Either way, this admission's either my ace in the hole, or will get me laughed out of the election.

Zubin found an empty spot for his poster, right next to one for Miles Strickland's vice presidential run, and pinned up his poster.

No Promises
No Goals
No Disappointment

Aim Low With Zubin Wadia for President 2012

"... Because I'm an honest man."

After doing so, he walked into the student center and looked around.

"Are you going to campaign for an espresso machine to be put in the lunch room? It would save you a lot of travel."

Naomi Bell, his classmate and now, fellow opponent. Making fun of Miles for always having coffee, which no matter what one called it, always tasted like shit. He thought about what he was going to say, and then approached the group, hoping to get a laugh.

"Wouldn't be enough. Probably better to just have an espresso IV. Then he'd never be rid of the sweet, sweet taste of espresso or whatever." Zubin sat down in a seat next to Stacy. "Never understood where that stuff gets its appeal, though. Always preferred tea myself."
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

[+] spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] spoiler
Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Gandhi Tribe

Female #17: Jaquilyn Locke WINNER
Female #9: Cassidy Kant SECOND PLACE
Female #16: Venice Pennington-Johannes THIRD PLACE
Male #9: Zubin Wadia JURY MEMBER #10
Male #14: Joachim Lovelace JURY MEMBER #9
Male #4: Owen Kay JURY MEMBER #8
Female #57: Cammy Davidson JURY MEMBER #7
Female #39:Lana Torres JURY MEMBER #6
Female #12: Cassandra Black JURY MEMBER #5
Male #29: Matt Masters JURY MEMBER #4
Female #32: Kat Tolstoff JURY MEMBER #3
Male #41: Virgil Jefferson-Davis JURY MEMBER #2
Male #32: Rutherford ?R.J.? Roger JURY MEMBER #1

Gwe Tribe
Douglas MacAllister #3 MEDEVACED
Male #59: David Zimmer #8 ELIMINATED
Male #24: Francis St. Ledger #9 ELIMINATED

Shak-Ti Tribe
Female #44: Sharon Austin #5 ELIMINATED
Female #18: Claire Monaghan #7 ELIMINATED

Varna Tribe
Female #19: Miranda Millers #6 ELIMINATED
Female #64: Alice Gilman #4 ELIMINATED

Brahman Tribe
Jake Mordetsky #1 ELIMINATED
Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

May 2nd, 2012, 3:03 am #17

Well how about that. Miles was being verbally ribbed by his friends and Zubin Wadia.
He was ready to answer Travis's question when Stacy and Francis started and more including Naomi appeared and joined in on all the fun.

"Hey Francis, don't you have some homework to do? I'd get to that if I were you, buddy. As for Student Coun-"

Miles had smiled back at Francis and was about to answer his question when his cousin showed up and immediately teased him about his 'supposed' chivalry, his run for the student elections and his affinity for espresso. Miles grinned back at Naomi. Fun.

"Ah Mrs. Clinton, what a surprise. Thought I smelled a mix of Victoria's Secret and Jergens Ultra Care."

Even as children the two were practically like siblings filled with all the rivalries, playful insults, arguments and a deep down respect you'd expect out of that sort of relationship. Their dads were good friends who developed a law firm and later became family after Ronald Bell introduced his sister Theresa to Noam Strickland. The rest was history.

Zubin popped in next with his own cut down. The content of the burn was actually funny, but Zubin's delivery was pretty lame. The guy was a weird case. He looked like the miniature love child of Borat and Luigi who wore dweeb glasses over his huuuuuuge schnozzle. He was the type of person Miles would usually look down at and start laughing, to be honest. Though he had to admit, aside from the unfortunate appearance, Zubin was usually a decent, inoffensive fellow. Usually.

"Oh cool. Didn't realize today was the Aurora High 'Roast' of Miles Strickland. Even have my own Joan Rivers and Gilbert Gottfried. Nice."

Miles took another sip of his gradually cooling cappuccino and smirked. He'd leave it up to them to figure out who he was talking about.

"In other news, hello there Zubin, Naomi. I was just about to tell Travis and Francis here about how as Senior Class Vice President, my job would be to organize some of the most awesome school-wide activities among other interests or concerns from the students and especially you guys, my friends." His eyes made contact with everyone else at the table, before settling back to Naomi and Zubin. "...as assistant to the Class President. So you should be asking one of the kids running for that instead."

He looked at Naomi for a second and his eye caught an image of Zubin's poster for the Presidency, next to his much larger and professionally made banner in the background, right behind her. Miles crossed his arms and held onto his earlier smile.

"Which would be you two, since it looks like you're running for that Presidential position too, huh Zubin?" Miles took another drink of his cappuccino, while eyeing the other boy. "It's important for me to get that right 'synergy' with the winner of that. After all, I'd be the guy who fills in for you in the off-chance event one of you dies after getting caught in some sort of freak frog dissecting accident in biology class, for example. If I can win against Mara, that is. Hopefully."

It was probably time to end that topic on a humble note, before everyone else got bored.

"Enough about me. What's new with you all lately? Francis already told us about this nice girl named Kaliska, who he's been chatting up recently. What about the rest of you? I have a few minutes left before I must be going."

Miles checked his designer wrist watch. The free period was going by quickly and his formerly hot beverage was running dry.

Delroy
Leader
Delroy
Leader

May 2nd, 2012, 7:14 am #18

Travis hadn't even noticed Naomi Bell until she came up and teased Miles about sucking up to Ms. Havok. Nevertheless, the blonde (and, as far as Travis could tell, somewhat prudish girl), popped up following his question about Miles campaign and quickly gave him a snarky comment.

"Are you going to campaign for an espresso machine to be put in the lunch room? It would save you a lot of travel."

Travis chuckled at that. He was so used to seeing Miles drinking his coffee that he didn't even notice it anymore. His mugs of espresso were like an extension of his arm.

Travis was about to make a sarcastic comment himself, when Zubin Wadia came over and joined in on the fun that was joking around on Miles behalf. Travis had always found that Zubin was a bit of a weirdo, but he had never really had any issues with the boy, even though he thought that Zubin Wadia was one of the weirdest and most unintentionally hilarious names he'd heard in the school. It was almost as funny as Rutherford "Baby Ruth" Roger.

"Never understood where that stuff gets its appeal, though. Always preferred tea myself."

Travis grinned and put out his hand across the table towards Zubin, while clutched into a fist.

"Tea drinkers for the win, bro."

Miles then turned the whole thing around, comparing it to a roast and... Heheheh, did he just compare Zubin to Gilbert Gottfried?
Miles then proceeded to answer his question. Travis nodded with interest.

"... organize some of the most awesome school-wide activities among other interests or concerns from the students and especially you guys, my friends."

Travis smiled.

"Nawww, Miles, I'm touched."
He gave Miles a sarcastic smirk as their eyes met.

Then Miles went off on a tangent with the two presidential candidates, and Travis kind of stopped listening for a bit and yawned, audibly.

Miles finally stopped, and asked how the rest of them had been doing. Francis had already had his share of... well... sharing, so Travis stepped up to the plate.

"I dunno, man. Met some kid called Milo in Calculus. He seemed alright, I guess. Otherwise, I haven't really done anything more exciting than...."

Travis threw a few quick glances in random directions to make sure no teachers were in range. Sure, they couldn't prove anything, but what if they forced him to make a random drug test. He'd be expelled.

"... smoking weed and playing video games lately."

He stretched his back again.

"Oh, and I'm probably meeting Joe tomorrooooouhuhuhu-..."

Just as he was about to finish the sentence, he leaned a little too far back, and the chair fell backwards with an audible BANG.

Travis stayed on the ground for a few seconds, just staring up at the roof after finally managing a quick moan.

"..... Ouch....."

Travis slowly began standing up again, putting the chair back in its place, and sitting down properly this time around.

"Uuuugh... and that's what's up with me."

He gave up a pained smile at his friends.

"What about you, Stace?"
V5 characters:

Travis Webster - Whistling party animal with a roguish smile, quick wit, and without a care in the world.
[+] spoiler

Made by Violent-Medic
Pregame: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Island: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Back home: The Webster Household, and their reactions....

Will
Player

May 3rd, 2012, 5:52 pm #19

The discussion of politics continued as Francis asked Miles about his plans for the school if he wins. Stacy rested her chin on her hands and slumped forward onto the table. She couldn’t stand this discussion of politics; she sat with a bored look on her face looking at Miles, waiting for him to respond to Francis.

As Stacy continued to slump further onto the table, almost lying down on it, she heard a voice of a girl behind her. She sat up straight and looked over her shoulder to see where the source of the voice came from. A grin spread across Stacy’s face as she saw who it was, Naomi Bell. Stacy liked Naomi; she was one of the nicer people of the group and defiantly one of the nicer girls in the group. Naomi was a bit overconfident but sometimes that confidence paid off, usually trying to distract and talk the meaner members of the group out of targeting students.

“Hey Nao-”

Stacy’s grin vanished and resumed to its former bored look as to Stacy’s disappointment, Naomi continued the topic of politics. Throwing her head back, Stacy let out a quiet groan as she returned to her slumped position on the table.

As soon as Stacy had turned back to face the table another voice called out, this time a boy’s voice. Stacy looked over her shoulder once again, to see Zubin Wadia walking towards the group. Zubin was a strange one, he was not technically part of the popular group, but he still occasionally hanged out with some of the members, one of those occasions being now. Stacy neither disliked nor liked Zubin, he was friendly enough but he was just so weird. Zubin and Naomi both made a comment about Miles’s coffee drinking which made Stacy grin. Stacy could never see why Miles drank coffee; it had a bitter taste and always left a horrible aftertaste in your mouth, not to mention it gave you bad breath afterwards.

Zubin then sat down next to Stacy and in response she gave a slight smile and shuffled closer to Miles so Zubin could have more room. Whilst Miles and the rest of the group continued to discuss politics, Stacy became memorized by Zubin’s rather large nose. Stacy sat with her head resting on her hand with her elbow on the table, semi-facing Zubin. Her mouth lolled open as she continued to gawk at Zubin’s nose. This is what happened every time Zubin sat with the group, Stacy couldn’t help it, it was just a natural reaction to when the group started talking about a boring subject, it was just so… big. Luckily, Stacy snapped back into her senses before she made it too noticeable that she had just been staring at Zubin for the best part of a minute. She looked around the group wide eyed and smiling as if she had been listening to the convocation all along. Apparently Miles had just said something sweet, judging by the reaction of Travis.

The conversation about politics and finally come to an end and now Miles had asked what the rest of the group had been up to, briefly mentioning about a girl Francis had met. Stacy grinned and leaned forward, getting closer to Francis.

“OooOoo, a girl eh Francis? Get in there!” Stacy winked at Francis, beaming a wide grin.

Travis responded to Miles’s question and began telling the group what he’d been up to recently. He mentioned meeting a guy called Milo and then Travis glanced around the room. It seemed that he was checking for teachers, as when he faced the group again he told them that he had been smoking weed. Stacy let out a disgusted grunt then slouched back into her chair, shaking her head. She could never understand why people took drugs, or smoked for that matter. They both got you nowhere in life apart from sending you to an early grave. It was then that Travis leaned a little too far back on the back of his seat and ended up falling off of it. Stacy threw her head back laughing then propelled herself forward onto the table in a fit of laughter, knocking her head on the edge of it by accident. She sat up rubbing her forehead with her hand as she continued to laugh. She then snapped out of her laughing fit as she heard her name being mentioned, Travis had asked her what she had been up to.

“Oh, umm...” Stacy let out another giggle. “Well not much really, just cheerleading practice basically… oh actually I met this really cute guy when I went out for a party last weekend.” She shone a cheeky smile as she glanced around her group of friends. “I can’t remember his name though, it was something foreign.” She paused for a moment, looking up at the celling trying to think. “…oh wait, I think it might have been Matt.”

Stacy smiled at the rest of the group.

“So, anyone else want to contribute to sharing time?”
V6 Characters:
------------------
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------
[+] spoiler
------------------
--------B011: Finn Grant ------------------------------------- G020: Stacy Ramsey------
----------Weapon: Megaphone--------------------------Weapon: Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12
---------------------------Multishot---------------------------------------------- Caught in a Moment-------------------
[+] spoiler
Finn Grant: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Stacy Ramsey: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Pippin
Winner

May 6th, 2012, 2:14 am #20

Francis tried to concentrate on both his schoolwork and the stuff Miles was saying to him at the same time. It wasn’t exactly working; Francis had only written the word “consequence” twice now, spelt wrong both times. Francis gave up on trying to do two things at once, and, for the moment, listened to Miles.

This didn’t last for too long, because, holy shit, suddenly people. First up was Naomi Bell, who was pretty much a female Miles… except, not really. While they were both talented at public speaking, and smooth talking, Naomi’s seemed more genuine to Francis. And they were rivals for the whole political campaign. And cousins too! Francis always forgot about that part. He guessed he wasn’t used to cousins going to the same school; none of his did. Must be pretty weird to be facing your relatives in a glorified popularity contest. Man for something I don’t really give a shit about, a lot of the stuff today has been about that. I’ll still probably make a joke vote for Milo or someone…

Naomi suggested one of Miles’ propositions be an espresso machine in the lunch room, which made Francis laugh slightly. To be completely honest though, Francis wouldn’t have been surprised if Miles hadn’t already thought of that. He hoped the guy didn’t, though; the constant smell of coffee surrounding him had pretty much put Francis off the stuff for life.

As it happened, the Miles-Strickland-Insult train hadn’t quite stopped yet. Another person had turned up, adding on to Naomi’s whole coffee thing. Zubin Wadia was definitely an odd one. There wasn’t really anything better to describe him with. He was just… weird, as was his name. Aside from that, he was a pretty cool guy, like Travis.

Most of the conversation was focused on Miles and politics, so Francis took the chance to look over the work he had to do. A few seconds spent looking through the papers showed him that, fortunately, there was actually a lot less than he’d previously thought. Just a few bits to add, couple lines to remove, some math bullshit; it was all under control.

Francis had been working for about a minute, when he heard his name mentioned by Miles. He had managed to blow the whole thing with Kaliska completely out of proportion, saying that Francis had been chatting her up. Francis put his papers down, and looked at Miles disbelievingly. Stacy chimed in with a comment of her own, along with a wink. Seeing another opportunity to poke a bit of fun at Miles, Francis’ expression turned into a grin, and he said “Yeah, well, looks like I’m havin’ a lot more luck with girls than Miles, eh?”

Travis was now talking about what he’d been getting up to, which really wasn’t much as it happened. Francis was about to get back to doing his work, and had just looked down at the page, when he heard a bang and a crash. Looking up, Francis saw that Travis had, inevitably, fallen backwards off of his chair, and was lying in a heap on the floor. Really, it served him right for sitting like a prat. Francis slowly clapped his hands, whilst saying “Swift, Trav. Very swift.”

Stacy, having recovered from her laughing fit, took her turn on saying what had been going on for her. Francis wasn’t really too interested, but he listened to what she had to say, to be polite. When she finished, and asked of anyone else wanted to “contribute”, Francis decided to speak up.

“Well, ‘sides from the whole Kaliska thing, nothin’ much’s been happenin’ with me. Me ‘n’ Rene have been working on some more street dance, parkour, stunts, stuff like that. Decided it was a good idea to try some of Damien Walters’ stuff.” Francis gave a low chuckle. “Not a good idea. Could have turned out kinda nasty, actually.”
[+] spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017