We're Here Because We're Here

Off to the corner of the utilities area is the tall radio tower and the small building that houses the radio equipment. Being the most important place for communication with the outside world, the radio tower was kept in immaculate condition and constantly maintained. Even now, covered in vines and overgrowth, it only shows a small hint of time's effects. The building next to it is essentially one small room filled with all the radio equipment that could possibly be needed to call the outside world, as well as a couple of chairs and a phone to call other parts of the island. Although all the equipment appears workable at a glance, closer inspection reveals key components missing, eliminating the ability to send signals of any sort.
Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 15th, 2016, 8:16 am #11

Vanessa turned to see who it was when Hazel and Jordan arrived, more out of habitual curiosity than any paranoia. She let her guard down when Jae vouched for them, the two not being the most familiar people at Cochise to her, but nothing was ringing any warning bells. More importantly, it gave her an opening to let herself up and dash away from ineptly trying to make Lizzie feel better, and meet the new faces instead.

She was about to get up when Lizzie asked about Tyler Yazzie. There was a name that gave even Vanessa pause; she was all about punk rock and the look, but Ty took it to a point where he looked just flat out mental. She didn’t like to judge people by their appearance, but when your face had more metal than skin it was hard not to.

But no, she hadn’t seen him so far on Whatever-it-was-called Island, and she let Lizzie know that as she moved to greet Hazel and Jordan.

“Hey.” She said to Jordan and Hazel, offering a simple wave as she took to Jae’s side. “Alvaro Vacanti happened,” she nodded her head at Jae, stepping in on Hazel’s question with nary a second thought. “sounds like the little fucker’s lost it.”

“The table leg’s my handiwork, though.” She smirked, still quite proud that it hadn’t snapped in half on them yet. Then came that familiar awkwardness as she wondered what to say next again. What were you supposed to say in a place like this?

“So, what’s been eating you two?”

Randomness
Player

October 17th, 2016, 5:01 am #12

It was hard to be upset at not being recognised. It was normal enough of an occurrence, even if it wasn't an entirely pleasant one. It wasn't as if he went out of his way to get noticed, and Hazel's introduction was more than enough for him.

Besides, it'd be hypocritical of him, given that he had been struggling to remember the other guy's name as well. Jay. He was half-certain of that now, but only half, and he decided that he'd simply avoid using his name for as long as he could. His temper was was well known enough and Jordan wasn't exactly keen on dying simply because he messed up someone's name.

Vanessa and Lizzie were inside the building, Liz looking like she was crying, or had been, Vanessa talking to her, probably trying to calm her down.

Jordan only noticed the injury when he started limping towards them, the table leg that had been hastily tied to his leg making it clear that this was recent. Vanessa's words of explanation, that Alvaro did it, didn't make him feel any better. There were people dying, people dead on the island, and this was made it feel much more real than the names announced out of thin air.

"There's not much really. We've just been wandering about until we found you guys. We haven't seen Ty about either. Sorry."

There was electronic equipment behind them, a tangle of wires and machines that looked far less decrepit than he had expected from anything on this island.

Might it still work? It was unlikely to the point of ridiculousness, the place had been on the map, and that probably meant that they wanted people to come here to try and fail to get any of it to work. And yet, for all that, they might as well check it out.

"Has anyone tried any of the electronic stuff here?"
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G040 - Amanda Tan
Pregame 1-2
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-END

B039 - Jordan Green
Pregame 1
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-END
[+] spoiler
DECEASED Stephanie Wright
DECEASED Grace Faraday
It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 18th, 2016, 3:03 am #13

Vanessa answered all the questions thrown their way easily enough, not bothering to wait for Jae to compose himself. On one hand, it saved him from making more of a fool of himself. On the other, having her announce to everyone they came across that Alvaro had been the one to beat the shit out of him was pretty goddamn embarrassing.

"Yeah," he punctuated Vanessa's statements with a shrug. "Long story short, Alvaro's gone nuts and, well... you guys heard." He grimaced. As far as he knew, Hazel wasn't close to anyone whose name had come up either. She seemed more concerned about him either way, and that brought a pleasant bit of warmth to him.

Jae glanced over his shoulder at the tower again as Jordan from drama asked about it. "We just got here, so no. Place looks pretty useless, anyway." When he turned his attention back, his eyes were drawn to Hazel again. She didn't look hurt or particularly traumatized, just worried and tired. All in all, it was probably a sign that she'd had it better than a lot of people so far.

He took a few more steps forward anyway, closing the distance between them. Should he hug her? Would that be weird to do in front of everyone?

...Ah, fuck it. He reached out and pulled Hazel into a firm hug. "You've been okay?"
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

October 20th, 2016, 10:53 pm #14

Jordan took over for the questions that were asked of them. No, they hadn't seen Ty. No, they hadn't encountered anything particularly dangerous or unusual.

Vanessa said conspiratorily that it was Alvaro who had messed up Min's leg, which was unpleasant news. Before she could react, she'd moved on to asking them another question which Jordan answered. Hazel and Min gazed at one another as the other parties discussed until Min added his own thoughts.

"That's what I gathered from the announcements," Hazel replied.

Min took her into a hug and she smiled looking down as he did. She hugged back.

"Yeah, pretty much what Jordan said. Lucky, actually, I mean, as much as you can be considering the spectacular bad luck of being here at all. It's been ok," she said, wanting to relief any lingering worries.

((Hazel Jung continued We're In This Together))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 23rd, 2016, 9:17 pm #15

((Skipping to exit))

Okay. Hazel was okay, things were okay for now. Except for all the ways they really, really fucking weren't, but to continue harping on that would just exhaust him.

Jae didn't want to stay here, just standing around in the open talking about how everyone might or might not be fine. He appeared to be the only person out of five who was even moderately armed, and he was half-crippled. They needed shelter, and the radio tower's little shack wouldn't do.

He cleared his throat to attract everyone's attention back to him. "This is nice and all, but I want to get inside somewhere. There isn't anything here for us, and there's no telling who's going to show up next. Anyone who wants to come with me is welcome to, if not... good luck, I guess."

Hardly an inspiring speech, but Jae had never been considered inspiring. He kept his arm around Hazel's shoulders as they set off.

((Min-jae Parker continued in We're In This Together))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Grim Wolf
Winner

October 25th, 2016, 8:21 am #16

Lizzie shook her head at Jordan's question. "Sorry," she said. "I was just...sleeping. I didn't..." She gestured around at what electronics there were. "Also, I'm...I'm pretty dumb about electrical stuff, so..."

It seemed this strange gathering was already beginning to go its separate ways, and Lizzie felt a strange stab of guilt. She had been frightened, panicked, grieving. She still was, really. There were killers loose on the island. She'd given one of them her sword. Had he used it to kill Rea? Would he have killed Lizzie? Would he have killed Tara?

So many questions she didn't know the answers to. So many dead who shouldn't be dead. Lettie. Tina. Jesus.

"Thank you!" she called, as Jae faded away with Hazel. And she meant it. Because knowing that in the moment of pain, you weren't alone...that meant something. That was real in a way so few things were. Because they reminded her that, whatever horrors had been unleashed in this place, there was still good to be found.

Lettie. Tina.

She could not escape their ghosts, however much she might want to. However much her hands might tremble, whatever tears might swell in her eyes. They were with her now. They would be with her for a long time to come. She reached for her bag, but...

But now was not the time. That time would come. Now was a different time.

She stood straight, breathing deep, trying not to cry. She smiled at the few people left in the room. Smiled particularly at Vanessa.

"Tyler and Harold met up," she said. "Harold told him that...that he didn't have to be alone. That they'd find a way to win." Her smile flickered, but did not fade. "Thank you," she said "I'm glad I wasn't alone."

She adjusted her bag, and moved to the door. "But he shouldn't be, either."

(Lizzie Luz continued in Last Days)
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."
[+] spoiler

G053 Karen Idel, DECEASED: Game over.

B040 Tyler Lucas, DECEASED: I had fun. You?

B046 Xavier Contel, DECEASED : "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."
[+] spoiler

B054 Raidon Naoko (DECEASED): "Dying like this isn't so bad..."

B072 Simon Grey (DECEASED): "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

B079 David Meramac (DECEASED): "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."

G072 Mirabelle Nesa (DECEASED): "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Randomness
Player

October 25th, 2016, 4:22 pm #17

They were useless, huh? Getting his hopes up a little seemed like a bit of downer now and past him was going to have to squarely take the blame for that.

"Yeah, moving sounds good."

No point staying here if nothing worked anyway.

He followed after the pair, Jae still limping badly and leaning against Hazel for support. He was half-expecting everyone else to follow suit, but Lizzie had decided that she'd be looking for Ty. Vanessa was also going elsewhere to find her friends. Probably her band members, he could have sworn seeing some of them on the bus.

It wouldn't be his first choice, splitting up like this, but he couldn't blame them. They had people that they wanted to find, talk to, and share experiences for what might be the last time. But for him? Was there anyone he'd really wanted to find? The people from drama were cool and all but there wasn't anyone that'd he'd really consider a particularly close friend. Definitely no one he'd want to spend so much time and energy to search for.

He didn't have any plans now. Not now. Three days ago all he'd been worried about was scripts and classes and now all of that had been left behind in Kingman, together with his dreams of making it big and getting out.

Maybe if he was a little more twisted, the same could apply here. Make it big, and get out.

He wasn't. He wouldn't.

Was he okay with that?

((Jordan Green continued in We're in This Together))
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G040 - Amanda Tan
Pregame 1-2
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-END

B039 - Jordan Green
Pregame 1
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-END
[+] spoiler
DECEASED Stephanie Wright
DECEASED Grace Faraday
It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 25th, 2016, 5:11 pm #18

Vanessa just went along with it as Lizzie thanked her for the company. She didn’t think offering her fairly shallow ‘there there’s’ would’ve been that helpful, but hey, if it made Lizzie feel better about everything then it was a net win, she supposed.

She also went along with Min-Jae and his romantic reunion. She didn’t know that Jae had a girlfriend, but then she hadn’t known all that much about him before yesterday anyway. Was that a twinge of disappointment she felt when the two hugged? Well, it was whatever anyway.

So then he shot off (well, limped off), and she was left alone with just Jordan. Unlike the last time she’d had a one-on-one with a stranger, no-one had beaten Jordan’s face in, nor did he have a busted leg, so Vanessa had much less incentive to stick around.

“Sooo if he’s going off with her, and I’m guessing you’re sticking with her too, I’ll just bail to find Cams? Cool? Cool, peace.”

She flicked a casual V-gesture to emphasise her farewell, then picked up her things and headed off. Jae was in good hands, and now she could get to searching at full speed. Between making someone a little less distraught and reuniting some star-crossed lovers, she was being pretty damn productive this morning.

((Vanessa Stone continued in Sunset Boulevard))