v7+ concepts

V7 Pregame is on the way! As such this is the place where you can find friends, rivals, romantic partners, hobby groups and much more! You can start planning threads of your own in this forum to sort out any specific relationships you want for your characters, or you can cruise around others' threads looking for something that would work for your character. Please note that V7 Pregame is still in the future; this forum is merely to allow for more direct and focused planning now that class and location details have been revealed.
Somersault
Survivor

July 2nd, 2017, 3:54 am #41

Hello hello people I have made my periodic return to this site, and with that I have brought two concepts for two lovely laydeez:

Keisha Higgins-Bell

Originally from Memphis, Keisha's the African-American daughter of a teen mom, who's raised her and her two siblings by herself, other than some assistance from Keisha's grandmother. Her family moved to Chattanooga when she was thirteen and in 8th grade, as her mom had gotten a job as a nurse. Since then, Keisha's integrated herself fairly well into the student body, although she has a reputation for being somewhat of a gossip, which led her to join the school newspaper, as well as the debate team. On the newspaper, she's known as having a penchant for especially revealing stories, which has often led her to be given fairly poor assignments. Celebrity gossip is also something she's generally quite fond of, which means she scours TMZ near-daily to see what rumors pop up. Due to this, the subjects Keisha's most passionate about include English and History, and so she's looking forward to majoring in Journalism at Tennessee State. In addition to all of this, Keisha's mother forced Keisha to play volleyball so she would have some sort of physical activity, and while Keisha isn't great at it, she's a backbencher for the team. Also, she's obsessed with third-wave feminism, and you can likely expect her to be ranting about intersectionality and such other related thing. Wears her hair in box braids that just go a bit past her shoulders, currently dyeing the tips red. Idolizes Rihanna and Beyonce, secretly also a big fan of the Dixie Chicks.

Kelly Nguyen

Born to Vietnamese immigrants in Chattanooga, Kelly has spent her entire life in the city. Her parents both work, one as an advertising executive, the other as a human resources manager, which has given them the opportunity to provide Kelly with a fairly stable upper-middle class existence. Since a young age, Kelly has always been interested in scrapbooking, starting when her mother showed her scrapbooks of their lives in Vietnam, which led her to develop a passion for it too. Due to this interest, she's part of the school yearbook staff, where she's in charge of graphic design. Other than the yearbook and scrapbooking, Kelly is also quite active on social media, where she tends to rant on her Tumblr blog about her least favorite teacher of the month, although she also takes the time to look at cute pictures of animals. Volunteering at the local animal shelter near-weekly, Kelly hopes to become a veterinarian, and failing that, a graphic designer.

Abaynesh Dula

The eldest child of six siblings, Abaynesh's parents immigrated to Memphis 5 years before she was born. When she was six, they moved to Chattanooga as they felt it would provide a safer environment for their children, and also give them a chance to open their dream restaurant. Flash forward to the present, and the House of Dula is still a beloved community fixture in Chattanooga's East African community, and the Dulas reside in a fairly cramped apartment above it. Abaynesh is fairly shy and bookish, and most of her interest lies in things like history, cooking, and baking, as she is expected to become the new head of the restaurant when her parents retire, a day Abaynesh is both excited and terribly nervous about. In addition to this, Abaynesh is a fairly big fan of professional wrestling, beginning when she saw an episode of Smackdown while channel surfing. To this day, she remains a fairly devoted watcher of Smackdown and NXT, and her favorite wrestlers right now include Naomi and Asuka.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 2nd, 2017, 6:24 am #42

Phillip Olivares is in most ways a fairly mild-mannered Christian kid but as his asthma prevented him from following the athletic footsteps of his childhood friend group he found himself feeling somewhat isolated until finding a new community among fans of the rap group Insane Clown Posse. He managed to assuage his parents concerns about his juggalo interests by highlighting the Christian underpinnings of the group, and his improved grades and social life have led to them mostly accepting his fandom. Phillip is fairly thoughtful and enjoys analysis of stories and pursuit of meaning, often explaining the irony and subtle literary talent of his favorite musicians when he finds a willing audience. He's fond of telling jokes and occasionally dresses up rather wildly, but most of the time is content to slide under the radar.

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 17th, 2017, 4:22 am #43

Juliette Sargent is a nice girl who's always there to listen and eager to help a friend in need. She also aspires to capture the role of class president, and to this end has turned to active campaigning for much of the year, making an attempt to leverage her generally good reputation and her interpersonal skills towards her ends.

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

July 28th, 2017, 10:15 pm #44

~Space reserved for Cake concepts~
[+] spoiler
V7
- Lacey Chang
- Tino Cantrell
- Wilson
- Mormon kid
- Dayna
- Sophia Y
- Quaid Evans

Program Prologue
- Lake
- Cbp character
- Brent Wolfe
- Carmen

Program
- Matthew Fukuda

TV
- Ike
- Teranique
- Vaionaila

Fenris
Player

August 14th, 2017, 9:44 pm #45

Concepts concepts concepts! I have One new one at the moment, plus I'm considering remaking Ivy from v6, since I never got to use her...

Ivy Langley is a spoiled, bossy, snobby girl with a whole lot of money, attitude and fancy clothes. She's super manipulative and will absolutely use her money and her position to get what she wants, when she wants it. Her family is very conservative and she shares those views, and wields her intolerance as a weapon against those she dislikes. She loves to gossip, and wields information as... a weapon against those she dislikes. Ivy has a lot of weapons against those she dislikes. She loves keeping up with the latest internet fashion trends, the more out-there the better (she was a pastel goth when I first wrote her for v6; might find something more current for her to be for v7). She has a few good friends who get to see the good side of her- she's an open and honest person to those she can trust and can be surprisingly caring. She's also a very musical person; she's been playing violin since she was little (and will rip apart anyone who insinuates that band is in any way Lame) and is quite a good singer.

Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios has been completely mute since the age of 5, which does nothing to dissuade her from her dearest ambition- acting! She's fluent in ASL but (since most of her classmates are not) she primarily communicates through hastily-scribbled-upon sketchbooks. She's terribly clever and witty, and has a very expressive face. She (setting permitting) participates in a local hard-of-hearing community theater group. Nia loves to read and mostly loves to hoard knowledge; she is full of random information and has a lot of sheets of sketchbook paper that start with the words "Did you know..." or "I read the other day that..." She tends to pick up subjects that interest her and get way too into them for a while; theater is her one major, long-term interest, but this year's interest of choice is divination, which she doesn't believe actually works but is fascinated by regardless (she's also fascinated by the pocket money she earns by reading her classmate's tarot). She keeps her personal history close to her chest, and while everyone knows her, very few people really know anything about her below the surface level.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

August 15th, 2017, 2:33 pm #46

"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe is a very tall, very broad, very angry young man who enjoys fighting, leveraging his size, and the casual intake of narcotics. He's a corner boy for the local gang beat, and has been a secondary suspect in a mugging last June. Recently, he has started noticing boys.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Fenris
Player

August 16th, 2017, 2:42 am #47

More concepts! More more more.

Axel Fontaine is, let's say, troubled. He's a foster kid who spends as little time as possible at home and practically lives out of his piece-of-shit car. He busks- playing guitar and singing- more for fun than actually for money. He likes parties, drinks, and hitting on cute girls. He keeps careful control of his bad boy image, but at heart he's kind of a big nerd

Fabian "Ian" Cortés is a sweetheart- a good-looking and lovable athlete with a lot of friends. He's absolutely hopeless around girls, though. He's also terrible at the actual school part of school; he's barely holding onto a grade point average high enough to graduate. He's trusting and forgiving to a fault and is petrified by the very idea of conflict.

Also, images! Ivy, Nia, Axel and Ian, left to right.

"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

August 20th, 2017, 11:10 pm #48

So Wolley seems to have disappeared so I’m guessing that he’s probably not going to do the thing he said he wanted to do so I’m going to open things up for this again. I have a kid called Roxanne who has a brother in her profile (located here) and although it says there that he’s younger than Roxanne I can change him into a twin if need be. If you want another concept and want to write a kid who comes off to his sister as being like Percy Weasley feel free to PM me on Discord or the boards or something and let me know and we can plan some things out.
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Aleph
Cannon Fodder
Aleph
Cannon Fodder

August 23rd, 2017, 7:06 pm #49

Mikael "Mik" Zakowski - Mik has always been a little misshapen. Hitting a sizable growth spurt just at the start of middle school, he quickly got used to towering over his fellow classmates. While not ugly, he has a distinctly flat, broad face and a neutral expression that is taken by some as scowling. Being the biggest kid in class at that age while not being particularly aggressive resulted in him getting into a number of fights with classmates who fancied themselves the bullies of the school, culminating in him having a broken nose that's never quite set correctly. Despite his size, he is not particularly built, though working recently has begun to put some meat on his bones. Despite all of this, Mik is a surprisingly warm and friendly person, more than happy to carry on a conversation with anyone who sits down with him. He rarely gets into conflicts with anyone at the school, and will most often be the person to play peacemaker between his classmates if any conflicts look in danger of getting physical. He enjoys a strong relationship with his mother, a polish immigrant who came to the country pregnant with him after a one night stand. They've worked hard on this relationship, which has often been strained by her need to work two jobs in order to support them. Now that Mik himself is old enough to work, he pulls 20 hours a week pushing trolleys at a nearby supermarket, something he does with little complaint. He insists on his mother taking a portion of his wages as rent, but she refuses to take more than that despite his offers, wanting him to spend the money he earns on luxuries she can't afford for him. Outside of school and work, Mik has little time for hobbies, having only one interest that's largely dominated his free time, mid 90's death metal. He desperately wants to form a band (or is already in one, depending on how planning goes) and spends as much time as he can practicing his bass and working on his death growl.

Felicia Cara - It's possible to raise your kids around drugs and still have them turn out to be a responsible adult. This isn't the case with Felicia. With hippy parents who regularly got messed up on strange substances and had late night parties, it wasn't long before Felicia was sampling from her parents stash. By the time she got to high school she was turning up to class high, and with the relentless predictability of events she quickly got caught. Both of her parents were swiftly busted after the police managed to bully Felicia into admitting where she had gotten the drugs, and she was swiftly put into a group home as her parents were disappeared into seperate prisons. She has been unable to maintain contact with them, as she feels painfully guilty over being responsible for them getting caught. But life wasn't quite done taking a dump on Felicia, and her parents dealers managed to find Felicia. While Felicia's parents didn't implicate their dealer, he was quickly able to convince Felicia that if she didn't agree to work for him, he would have his men on the inside kill them on the off chance they changed their mind. While she has not yet been asked to deal herself, she is regularly tasked with transporting drugs from one stash to another. The guilt and fear she was now living with drove her even further towards drugs, and she now nurses a low level meth dependency. The time since the arrests have hardened Felicia from the flower child her parents raised her as into a tough young thug. The meth use has not yet begun to tell physically on her, but she often comes to school wearing bruises and cuts that she refuses to explain. Despite this, she is not a loner, having a small set of girls who associate with her in an attempt to seem dangerous. She looks on these girls with a mixture of contempt and affection, on the one hand finding herself angered by what she sees as their misery tourism, but on the other hand treasuring human interaction that isn't as awful as most of the other interactions she has.

Alan Boid - You know how there's that one kid who takes his fandoms a little too seriously? As though he can't properly deal with the real world? Well, people pegged Alan for that from the first day of middle school, when he turned up wearing the GM cape his mom had made for him. Despite the mockery however, he continued to wear it day after day and as he grew up, he was continually asking his mother to adjust it to fit him, or craft him a new one. To people's surprise, Alan was not in fact your typical shrinking violet nerd, instead he wore his geekiness like a badge of pride and had an often infectious enthusiasm. Indeed, Alan seemed to have an almost heightened sense of empathy when he tried to understand the world mechanically, and quickly grew a close circle of friends, spreading his love of RPG's throughout them. Moreover, he was more than aware that not everyone shared his interests, and proved himself quite capable of having regular conversations with folk, quickly becoming a casual acquaintance with the majority of his year in school. Sure, the bullies hated him, and would love nothing more than the opportunity to kick his teeth in, but being relatively well liked by most of the students meant he was afforded a certain amount of immunity. Alan's cape is no longer a point of derision, instead it's simply seen as his thing.
Mik - "Only looks scary"
Felicia - "Damaged, not yet broken"
Alan - "No, you're the one who's a dork!"

Pancapples
Cannon Fodder
Pancapples
Cannon Fodder

August 24th, 2017, 7:01 am #50

Aradhya "Ara" Lewis: A police officer's daughter, Ara's family moved to Chattanooga from New Jersey when she was twelve years old. She enjoys painting, obscure old movies, food, and guns. She was bullied a lot as a kid back in New Jersey, so she's still kinda shy at first. You just gotta talk to her a bit, though, then she's pretty cool.

Didier Watkins: Local boy, into retro gaming and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He's not great at the latter, but god damn does he love Tetris. Son of tech workers from Colorado, so a little bit hipster-y in his sensibilities and fashion sense.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II