V6 Tabletop Crew

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 11:47 pm #1

Hey folks!

So my boy, Harold "Ulysses" Fury, is the primary dungeon master/MC of all sorts of table-top gaming nights, and I'm looking for folks to come play with him in pre-game. While RPGs are the main name of the game, there's also the potential for card games, board games, miniatures, and anything else in the table-top setting you might want to bring. Some early ideas I have are:

Munchkin
Dungeons and Dragons
Settlers of Catan
Betrayal at House On A Hill
Pathfinder
Shadowrun
Dresdenverse

I'm open to more suggestions! If you're interested, just drop your character(s), how you think they'd fit into the group, and maybe a character or style they enjoy playing. I'll start with Ulysses:

Ulysses gets his fix primarily through Dungeons and Dragons 3.0-3.5. His two most frequent characters are Jugger Stonewall, a Dwarven Monk heading towards the Dwarven Defender prestige class who specializes in soaking up damage and status effects, and Nathaniel Bloom, a human bard moving towards the Dragon Disciple prestige class, specializing in talking his way out of combat and buffing party members prior to his transformation.

As a dungeonmaster, Ulysses believes in fun first and foremost. He has a lot of experience and tends to adjust campaigns to the skill level and comfort zone of the over-all group as he goes to make sure they're staying engaged, challenged, and entertained. He likes to think of his parties as a safe place for new players and veterans alike to hang out and enjoy themselves, and makes a point of shutting down inter-group fights as quickly as possible.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

March 14th, 2015, 12:27 am #2

I don't have anyone who would do this, but I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

March 14th, 2015, 12:55 am #3

What about a Firefly tabletop campaign? That way they can be SUPER hipsters!
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

March 14th, 2015, 1:00 am #4

NotAFlyingToy wrote:What about a Firefly tabletop campaign? That way they can be SUPER hipsters!
Shit man, drop me a system so that I have an idea how he'd run it or play it if someone else wants to DM and I'm down XD
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

March 14th, 2015, 1:03 am #5

There's two. The new Firefly RPG and the Serenity one.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

March 14th, 2015, 1:16 am #6

The Burned Handler wrote:There's two. The new Firefly RPG and the Serenity one.
To be honest, I'm not terribly familiar with Firefly, because I'm a bad nerd. Sounds interesting though, I'm up for it!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Imehal
Leader

March 14th, 2015, 3:05 am #7

Even though my super gamer/nerd doesn't have a name yet, we've talked and I think they'd be interested in board games over tabletop, though I think they'll have a fleeting character that pops into the D&D campaign when he feels the desire. He might be a fanboy over Shadowrun though, so I'll see where that leads me. They hate games like Settlers, and Agricola but loves computer games and Magic: The Gathering particularly.

Also, a regular board games night with Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Please. It is one of my favourite games in real life. Other awesome group games might be card games like the D.C. deckbuilding card game, and such.

Does the group read comic books at all, on that subject? Or LARP? Not convinced the LARP community would be particularly great in Kingman, but you never know.

I also really, really need names for my kids.
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
[+] Spoiler
[Bernadette Thomas] is reading trashy romance novels in the park.
"Some days I'm built of metal, I can't be broken. But not when I'm with you."
Beginning to End: M1-M2-I-II-G1

[Oliver "Olly" Walton]
"They see what's on the surface, but not what's on my mind."

[Jennifer Miller]
"Give me all you've got, don't hold nothing back. I promise you you're gonna need it."
[+] Spoiler
B052: Carlon Wheeler is dead. [Originally belonged to white lancer]
Beginning to End:- ~*~*~*~*~*~
[+] Spoiler
Ohm attempts an dropkick at RC
19:00 Zarina throws Ohm off a cliff
19:00 RC turns into a horse
19:01 Ohm crashes to the ground, perplexed by the sudden horse
19:01 Zarina: SOTF in a nutshell
19:01 *** Espi quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

March 14th, 2015, 3:14 am #8

You'd be surprised. There's an SCA Kingdom in Arizona with a barony right on top of Kingman.
[+] Spoiler

Pancapples
Cannon Fodder
Pancapples
Cannon Fodder

March 14th, 2015, 3:14 am #9

If LARPing is a thing in Kingman, then Jack might be up for it. He's interested enough in Medieval history to be able to come up with some pretty bangin' armor.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

Winner
Winner

March 14th, 2015, 9:38 am #10

While I don't think any of my characters would play tabletop games, I'd be down for one of them playing card or board games!

MuseMan
Cannon Fodder
MuseMan
Cannon Fodder

March 23rd, 2015, 2:48 am #11

As I mentioned in chat a couple of days ago, Eri would totally be a gaming night regular. She'd be the one who comes up with all sorts of grand campaign ideas but ultimately never puts any of them into practice and just runs with the DM's plans. Her characters would probably be more cunning than brawny and have unconventional class/race combos. Though of course if LARPing is a thing she'd have to sit out.

Oh, and if you're looking for game systems to run, how about one of the Star Wars ones such as Edge of the Empire? That probably lies in a nice middle ground between DnD and Firefly on the nerdiness scale. Or maybe something like Warhammer to cover miniatures and wargames, assuming anyone in the club can afford it.

Privyet
Survivor
Privyet
Survivor

March 24th, 2015, 12:55 am #12

One of my characters, Matt, would definitely be down for something like this, considering that he's basically a huge nerd. In contrast to his appearance, he'd probably play strong and brutish Barbarian types optimized as much as the DM would let him.

One cool system is Hollow Earth Expedition. It's easy to learn and based on the pulp serials of the 20s and 30s. Think Indiana Jones.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

March 25th, 2015, 4:17 am #13

I'll definitely look into both game suggestions!

Muse, Eri looks like a great fit, I'm sure Ulysses would love to see what she comes up with. If she's interested and LARPing becomes a thing, they may be able to incorporate her in a way that wouldn't be physically demanding so that she can still hang out and roleplay without having to worry about any complications?

Priv, Ulysses would be totally down with a big beefy barbarian type. He'd probably let him optimize as much as the rest of the party is comfortable with, just so everybody has their time to shine and the game stays even, since over-optimized characters tend to eat up the spotlight in campaigns. I'm sure they could work something out amicably though, he loves helping build characters people feel powerful playing.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] Spoiler
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

NPCs:
[+] Spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Dr. Adjective
Cannon Fodder

March 26th, 2015, 11:59 am #14

I'm playing with the idea of Oswald having gotten into RPGs either when he was younger, or for nerd Cred but actually ended up liking it unironically, but in any case he's definitely going to be a Magic player, so there's that.

In OOC terms I can also confirm that Edge of the Empire is a really cool system, if a bit weird to learn if you're used to more common d20 or d100 based systems. Oh and the 40k RPG lines are pretty rad too.
[+] Spoiler
Shipping Thread!

Heather Klein is channelling her aggression into constructive outlets.
  • Seems a bit of a neat-freak, seemingly needs everything of hers to be "perfect"
  • Does wrestling, good at grappling... but she's got a mean right hook too
  • Produces aggrowave music, releases it anonymously, never speaks of it; idolises Klayton, Bret Autrey and Daniel Graves
  • Plays keys and drums pretty good, dabbles in guitar
  • Speaks pretty good German, no comprend? romance languages
  • Budding interest in fashion/design
  • Liberal, leaning libertarian, no love for the Democrats or for the Republicans, likes her news sources "alternative"
  • Atheist too; avoids saying so, being a Chicagoan down South and all
Akiem Hampton is keeping cleaner than clean so he can chase the dream.
  • Chattanooga Owls' premier nose tackle, he's a Big Guy (...for you)
  • At church in his best every Sunday
  • Surprisingly bright, likes to study literature, maybe on the debate team, maybe not?
  • Hits like a truck; but wouldn't hurt a fly off the gridiron
  • 10/10 BBQ master, the manliest form of cooking... not bad in an actual kitchen either
  • Lives and lets live, but he still thinks y'all LGBTerrific folks are sinners
  • Politically apathetic, gets his news from the proverbial grapevine, would err on the side of Democrats if pushed
Robert "Don't Call Me Bobby" Briggs was this close to making Top 8 this time, he swears. (tentative)
  • Competitive grinder at Magic the Gathering, goes to every tournament he can get to
  • Tops the more casual events, still hasn't managed to day 2 at a GP or qualify for a PT
  • Nominally Christian, conservative background, apathetic enough to just roll with what his parents say
  • A general-purpose nerd in terms of interests and school performance; not top of the class but not far off either, likes traditional games

No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

MuseMan
Cannon Fodder
MuseMan
Cannon Fodder

March 30th, 2015, 3:50 am #15

With regards to Eri and LARPing, she might be able to contribute by making outfits for people. She's a cosplay fanatic, after all, and given her well-to-do background she'd have the money necessary for materials. Besides, someone needs to hang around on the sidelines and make sure drinks are readily available.