V6 BKA/BDA Voting: November/December 2016

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

December 24th, 2016, 2:30 pm #1

It's that time again as it is the third round of V6's Best Kill and Best Death Award contest voting! As always a quick recap of the rules for your benefit when voting:
wrote:Votes will remain hidden until the voting is done.

Votes are made anonymously, so you'll need to log out of your account and post as a guest.

You may not vote for yourself for either award.

Votes must come with reasoning, or they will not be counted.
As a reminder on points of courtesy: please be sure to read every kill and death before voting, please vote for your genuine favourites rather than just voting for your friends, and please don't campaign for awards in the chat or otherwise try to influence the vote.

BEST KILL AWARD:
Kimiko Kao, for killing Caleb Diamond
Alessio Rigano, for killing Cameron Herrig
Kaitlyn Greene, for killing Mia Rose
Alessio Rigano, for killing Henry Spencer
Isabel Ramirez, for killing Steve Dobson
Alvaro Vacanti, for killing Jasper Bustamante

BEST DEATH AWARD:
Ruggahissy, for the death of Caleb Diamond
Deamon, for the death of Cameron Herrig
Pippin, for the death of Mia Rose
fogue, for the death of Tessa Mabel Cole
Iceblock, for the death of Wayne Cox
Espi, for the death of Henry Spencer
Rattlesnake, for the death of Steve Dobson
Cicada Days, for the death of Jasper Bustamante

Voting will run for five days, with the winners being declared in the following announcement.

Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Krampus
Krampus

December 24th, 2016, 4:29 pm #2

Best Kill: Kaitlyn Greene for killing Mia Rose. Death by poison or overdose isn't one we see very often, and it was executed in a pretty cool way here, as well as launching the next part of Kaitlyn's character arc and the dissolution of her partnership with Alan. The thread as a whole was a really nice scene that I enjoyed a lot, and it established Kaitlyn as an actual threat instead of a sort of villain wannabe. And I think it would be funny if her name was announced twice on the next day, just because she asked to not be mentioned.

Best Death: Iceblock for the death of Wayne Cox. Wayne's death is a really nice cap off to his character arc as it's been set up since pregame, and it's one case where a oneshot suicide really does feel like the most fitting end for this point in his story. Wayne's musing on the choices he's made and how they were all wrong, plus his moment of regret after he can't take it back, really drives home the helplessness of the situation for someone like him in particular.

O___O
O___O

December 24th, 2016, 5:06 pm #3

BKA - Kaitlyn and Alan for murdering poor Mia ;_;. I think it was an innovative death, with an unique weapon and the terrorists also like those kind of deaths. It sticks out. It also was set up really nicely and all 3 characters had a cool role in the scene. It also would follow the theme with giving people who accidently kill someone the BKA in V6.

BDA - Caleb, simply because it was the most concise death. Not only was it the funniest with the KEIKAKU, but it also was incredibly smart with Caleb actually planning to be killed by her. I like plot twists in SOTF.

Santa Claus
Santa Claus

December 24th, 2016, 5:42 pm #4

BKA: Kimiko Kao/BDA: Caleb Diamond

I'm giving my vote to both of the characters in this scene because I found it to be really emotionally charged. The relationship and reactions between the two is palpable, and the motives and connection is real tragic and interesting. I especially liked Caleb's side in this, as the instigator and the victim in more ways than one. Also if they win it validates the scene which would be cool.

Honorable mention: Wayne Cox, for his very moving death scene.

December 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm #5

BKA: Kaitlyn Greene for killing Mia Rose. I thought this kill came together well, with the interaction between the three characters. For Kaitlyn in particular, I like that while she’s obviously trying to harm Mia, she isn’t actively trying to kill. I also like her reaction to having killed Mia instead of merely sedating her.

BDA: Iceblock for the death of Wayne Cox. I liked the death, as it seemed like a natural conclusion to Wayne’s story. He’s done some bad things, although not nearly as bad as some of the other students caught in V6, but his growing sense of guilt over his actions made sense to me. I also liked the bit at the end that he regretted jumping off the roof.

Guesterino
Guesterino

December 24th, 2016, 11:46 pm #6

BKA: Kaitlyn Greene for the murder of Mia Rose. Elegance in simplicity is the key - this is not a particularly complex or drawn-out scene. I still felt myself getting the creeps as I read it. Something about how Kaitlyn and Alan act just... brrrrrr.

BDA: Ruggahissy for the death of Caleb Diamond. BDA is more about the emotional impact of a death for me, and Caleb's left its mark on Kimiko in the most powerful way. Whether or not she wins BKA for it, she'll remember what he did for her and it's just the most deliciously dark bittersweet. Bonus points for K-E-I-K-A-K-U.

December 24th, 2016, 11:55 pm #7

I'm honestly not sure who to vote for for BKA so I'm going to tiebreak to Kaitlyn Greene for the slight irony in the idea that the person who doesn't even want to be announced for what they did wins BKA.

BDA's a little easier. Wayne Cox. Great ending point for his arc and the references to pregame and the slight twist at the end were something that I very much enjoy. Good job, Iceblock. Let's see if you can get day 3 BDA again.

Dowster and Vagabond
Dowster and Vagabond

December 25th, 2016, 12:29 am #8

Alessio Rigano killing Cameron Herrig for BKA.

Wayne Cox killing himself for BDA.

For BKA what really caught me is Alessio as a character in and of himself. His writing is perfectly slanted to play the interesting narrative role RC has given him. Littered with petty, sometimes outright tangential moments and cute but also contextually creepy references to seemingly mundane things. RC is playing the crush on Vanessa turned into obsessive love and loathing and justification for Al slowly losing his morality while pretending it's all fine quite spectacularly, in my opinion. He also played the in-the-moment shout out to the events of Rays on Pinion very well, I always like pregame integration. Alessio had a very active Day 3 and it was a lot of good and compelling content, and in general I really like what I saw. From an OOC perspective I also think terrorists would want to encourage Al. On a meta sense his ego and internal drive would be very interesting if given the reward.

For BDA, well. Flawless end to a quiet but brilliant arc of a self loathing kid. There isn't much pregame to Wayne, by the way, but what is there is innocuous but really apt at setting the tone for what was to come. I feel Iceblock is on a lot of people's radars after his Program victory, and I hope Wayne got a lot of attention while he was alive. The pacing of this thread was nice. Every single sentence had a juicy or compelling bit and they all smoothly pushed the scene forward without feeling robotic or arbitrary. Each character Wayne met and their impact on him were given the attention they deserved, that's the sort of thing I like to see. Even the title was perfectly picked.

BKA and BDA were both pretty hard this time around, I felt there were several good options for each category.

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

December 29th, 2016, 8:49 pm #9

And that's time.

The winners of the vote will be revealed in the next announcement!
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

December 30th, 2016, 7:00 pm #10

Contest voting time has been EXTENDED until 1/2/17, 2 PM EST.

Get in there and vote, folks, before Trump wins the goddamn BKA.

[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER