Deleted User
Deleted User

July 23rd, 2011, 11:55 pm #226

xylophonefairy wrote:Do you reckon Naomi would be convinced into joining Ava's Women's Rugby team? After all there are similarities between rugby and American football (though I am required to say by national default that rugby is obvs. better). Basically she decides she wants to start one some time before pre game and tries to get as many people as she can to join it. I'm open for her plan to fail miserably.
Would they even have anyone to play against? Or is that why it fails miserably?

July 24th, 2011, 12:06 am #227

Slayer wrote:
xylophonefairy wrote:Do you reckon Naomi would be convinced into joining Ava's Women's Rugby team? After all there are similarities between rugby and American football (though I am required to say by national default that rugby is obvs. better). Basically she decides she wants to start one some time before pre game and tries to get as many people as she can to join it. I'm open for her plan to fail miserably.
Ha, yes, good point. They train themselves up and decidde to organise their first match.....

Depending on location, there might be some college teams they can play against. From my 3 second research into this just now, there do appear to be a fair number of college women's rugby teams. Penn State and Stanford (oh, Stanford) seem to be quite successful.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] Spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Post-game: ❤ ❤

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Namira
Mr. Danya

July 24th, 2011, 2:01 pm #228

Naomi might get involved but her interest would be pretty passing by comparison to how much she likes football. Since it's such a passion for her, she doesn't really care about a lot of other sports. If she were on the team, it would be very casually, I think.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Ciel
Mr. Danya

July 25th, 2011, 1:23 am #229

Lorian: Thank you vicky for the name! Basically the concept I'm rolling with here is a very nice, selfless girl. Lorian is an above average student who's hobbies are art (like most of my characters) and public service. Lorian likes to focus on other people, almost to a fault at times. She doesn't like talking about herself. She doesn't like thinking about her problems. Other people's problems are way more important. She's very optimistic and encouraging when she's with other people, and will go out of her way to help. Lorian is the kind of person who will make a valentine for everyone in her class, even if she doesn't expect to get one back. She can also be pushy and will get people to help her with her work. So if your character is a close friend? You're getting roped into some community service or homeless shelter work. She is a very lighthearted girl, giggly though sometimes she might not understand a joke. She is also kind of a prude, and doesn't like violence in the least. Sometimes when she's lying awake at night, Lorain wonders what it's like to die.

I have a few different ideas with her. What I want to find is plenty of nice people who are willing to get pushed around. Also a boyfriend who doesn't mind getting pushed into community service. I'm still working out the kinks though. :S

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

July 26th, 2011, 8:16 am #230

New Concept time!

Lee Penbur: Lee is a somewhat shady individual. He loves gathering and analyzing information, especially information people don't want him to know. He stands at about 5' 8", with long black hair put back in a ponytail and grey eyes that always seem to be searching for a new subject. Basically he'd be that guy who seems to know everything that's going on at school: Who's seeing who, who's cheating in Geometry, who got beat up by whom after gym last week, who's secretly on drugs, etc. However, while he is usually pretty well-informed, he rarely has any personal involvement or stake in the situations he studies. The challenge of getting the information, and knowing that he is one of the few people who has said information, is enough for him without complicating it with blackmail or gossip, though he has been known to discretely let a few facts slip into common knowledge if someone crosses him or one of his friends. His thirst for hidden information has drawn him to computer engineering and coding, in hopes of one day joining a covert hacktivist group to unearth the world's most well-kept secrets.

What I'm feeling with Lee is kind of a mutation on the old "school snitch" trope, with the difference being that he isn't gathering information for anyone but himself. He'll give out vague stuff(For example, if you were to ask him "Is X single?", he'd respond with a simple yes or no), but deeply personal details only go public if you piss him off or hurt someone he cares about. He also is a compassionate individual at heart, and if he discovers a serious issue such as suicidal depression or hardcore bullying, he makes sure the right information and evidence ends up with the right people. Where this puts him on the social scale depends largely on what other characters he'd be playing with, and I'm especially excited about the pregame opportunities this affords. I'm playing around with his interests a bit right now, and I wanted to do a brief poll: Given the character as described so far, does he fit better as an aspiring hacktivist, or does he sound more likely to be drawn to criminal justice? Both are on the table for consideration, and I'm having a hard time choosing between the two.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

July 26th, 2011, 8:46 pm #231

Name: Gray Emerson
Hobbies and Interests: Surfing, Skateboarding, Snowboarding

Appearance: Gray is 5’6” and weighs 134 pounds. He has auburn hair that tends to be messy. It is long enough to cover his eyes when it’s wet. However he tends to wear a warrior international beanie.
Biography: Early on in his life Gray was considered adventurous but lacked direction. He would take up a hobby and then drop it once it bored him. He would revisit old hobbies and take them up again for a short period of time before dropping them again. Eventually his parents got sick of this behaviour since they would need to buy new equipment every time he took up a new activity. This led to them telling him to pick a hobby and stick to it. He compromised and stuck with the two hobbies that were the most similar Surfing and Skateboarding. It may have helped that he could use the skateboard to get into school. Although a bad crash has led to him having a problem with his left leg that causes it to lock in place. Another hobby he has is watching MMA, although he doesn’t practice the sport in any way.

While Gray puts real effort into his two favourite hobbies he doesn’t put the same amount into the rest of his life. He is laid back to the point of being uncaring. This comes from the fact that his dad’s attitude was that people were too caught up in their own lives and problems and never stopped worrying. Gray firmly adopted this philosophy and is laid back because he doesn’t worry. His reasoning for this is that his dad never seemed worried in front of him when he was fired.

Grays attitude crosses over into education as well. He’s an average student who puts in just the right amount of effort to maintain his pass grades. He’s doesn’t seem to care too much about his education when compared to others. He regards exams as a waste of time because he feels you don’t need to put in a high stress environment just so you can prove your knowledge. His time at school when not in class, usually revolves around hanging out with his friends. When out of school he’s more likely to be found outside practicing his skateboarding or surfing, than inside studying.

Facemaker Pic

Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

nope
Winner

July 27th, 2011, 6:58 am #232

xylophonefairy wrote:
Slayer wrote:
Ha, yes, good point. They train themselves up and decidde to organise their first match.....

Depending on location, there might be some college teams they can play against. From my 3 second research into this just now, there do appear to be a fair number of college women's rugby teams. Penn State and Stanford (oh, Stanford) seem to be quite successful.
my high school had a competing womens' rugby team. They mostly played rec teams, but there were a few other high school teams as well I think

(note: i also live in a state known for flannel & gays so yeah, might be a special case)

landlocked
Leader

July 27th, 2011, 7:01 am #233

Okay, so I need to distract myself from this horrible, horrible presentation I'm writing and I've had some ideas floating around in my head. They're really rough right now, like I barely even know their names, and I'm still mentally debating whether I'm going to participate in v5 or not, but, here they are.

#1 Ricky, a mixed-race (Filipino and Mexican), slender, well-dressed gay dude, very into art and especially fashion. I thought it'd be fun to play with the whole "artbitch" stereotype, you know, the too-good-for-you hipster-y kind of person that won't associate with people unless their tastes matches his, which is something I've encountered a lot in art school. (and, I don't know, maybe weirdly aspire to in some ways? IDK, IDK, IT IZ DEEP N PSYCHOLOLGICAL) Anyway, he'd probably be rich, good-looking, a decent artist with really good taste in clothes, but unbearably stuck-up and cold towards people he doesn't know well, which means he doesn't really have many friends outside of his small circle, something he's secretly very vulnerable about.

I just hope he isn't too much like Justin, is the only thing.

#2 Marybeth, Cute, chubby brunette white chick who is a self-proclaimed feminist but just really, really bad at it. She's a good debater and has potential and all, but she's one of those people who is very loud and obnoxious about her opinions and tends to insert them into every conversation at every opportunity even when doing so makes no sense. That, and she's really clueless about her privilege when it comes to race, sexuality and all that other good stuff and pisses off a lot of non-white/straight/able-bodied/cis all that other stuff people with her ignorance.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

widespreadinman
Survivor

July 27th, 2011, 7:47 am #234

Krilacia Flameaux: Looks-wise, she stands at 5'4", weighs 142 lbs, sports light brown hair down to her shoulders, and has pale skin. Her chest is sized at an average C cup. Being a 19 year old female, she started taking in an education a year late. It was only due to how her wealthy family was hesitant at first. She mostly led an average school career, slipping by with a B-C average. However, her life really took off two months after her 16th birthday, when she accidentally walked in on one of her friends having relations with her(as in her friend's) boyfriend. Rather than be embarrassed, she invited young Krilacia to join their fun. She said yes, and soon lost her virginity in the threesome. One final note is that she's of French descent.
William "Billker" Kerrigan Ashcroft: His height stands at about 5'2", with 127 lbs on his body. His hair's short and dark brown, and usually covered with a scally cap. He seems to be a laid-back student. Most of the time, he'll comment on something in a snarky way. He's a smoker on occasion, reserving cigarettes for when he needs to unwind. Though he as born in New Jersey, he transferred some time ago after it was revealed that his father screwed over a local gang. Currently, he's 18.
[+] Spoiler
This member has been banned, and their sig redacted.

storyspoiler
Leader

July 27th, 2011, 6:22 pm #235

@DocBalance--I like Lee. I'd put him at hacktivist over law nut--hacktivist sounds more exciting, and more likely to lead to cool pregame plot (though I'm one of those handlers who'll pick excitement over realism any day--just ask anyone else).
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 27th, 2011, 7:48 pm #236

Let it be known I will bring down the light of judgement on any character with a goddamn punny name (I'm looking at YOU, Kami). *trollface*

Let's see. What concepts I was going to comment on have pretty much already been beaten to death, and so there's nothing to add. The fact we're going to have another 'Ricky' is funny, though. Now I can enter the chat to find everybody using my name and confusing the hell out of me (now I know how James must feel!).

Alright, nobody's commented on Wides, yet.

Krilacia: Her main character trait is that she got into a threesome once? I really want to see more of Krilacia's interests and... hell, everything about her personality before I decide how I feel about her. The appearance is fine and dandy; I think you did a good job of representing the look of an actual high school student, but she's going to need a lot of fleshing out.

William: My my, little Willy's a short one, inn'it he? I like this concept a little bit more at the moment. He's a smart-alek slacker who smokes, cool. I know a guy sort've like that (and hopefully I just made T-Fox laugh). Much like your other concept, though, I need to see a little bit more about him before I decide much else. Also, how long ago did he transfer to the area, exactly?
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

landlocked
Leader

July 27th, 2011, 8:31 pm #237

Just to add on to what MK is saying, wides, it seems like at the moment you're thinking of your characters more in terms of things that have happened to them than what they're like as people. Which is fine, like, those are all fairly plausible things that could happen to somebody, but you've got to take them a step further. Like Krilacia, if she lost her virginity that way, how did it affect her? Did she regret it later, or was she proud? Did a lot of people gossip about it, or is she too shy for rumors about her to get around? Was it awkward to be around her friends afterwards? Is she generally an impulsive person that takes thing as they come and that's why she joined in, or was doing the three-way thing something totally out of the blue for her that she'd never do again?

This is a grammatical nightmare because I'm writing it off the top of my head, but I guess what I'm trying to say is try to think about why your characters are the way they are and what the consequences of their actions would be, so you're thinking more about the characters themselves and not just the events surrounding them.
"Standing there in the middle between life and death gave me a delirious, almost evil sense of joy." --Max Beckmann

widespreadinman
Survivor

July 27th, 2011, 9:56 pm #238

MK Kilmarnock wrote:Krilacia: Her main character trait is that she got into a threesome once? I really want to see more of Krilacia's interests and... hell, everything about her personality before I decide how I feel about her. The appearance is fine and dandy; I think you did a good job of representing the look of an actual high school student, but she's going to need a lot of fleshing out.
Ah dammit, I KNEW I forgot something. MK, her main trait was that she's a bit too obsessed with sex. Forgot to add that tidbit in, but I guess I could add it in the main profile. After all, this is just a concept.
And I will definitely get around to fleshing her out soon enough.
[+] Spoiler
This member has been banned, and their sig redacted.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 27th, 2011, 10:01 pm #239

Well said, Mother Brain.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Fiori
Contender
Fiori
Contender

July 29th, 2011, 12:43 am #240

Seeing as it's been a while since I originally posted them, I think it's about time I updated my character concepts. Including useless info such as interests, religion, political standpoint etc...

This time, with pictures! 8D

Name: Brian Zdhanovich.
Ethnicity: Russian-American
Interests: Bowling, hanging out with friends, track and field, soccer, rock music, smoking marijuana.
Personality: Optimistic, Friendly, Passionate, Extroverted, Careless, Impulsive, Flirtatious, Rebellious.
Religion: Agnostic.
Political standpoint: Anarchist.
Orientation: Bisexual (With a preference for women)
Appearance: Stands at around 5'11-ish, good build from playing sports, toned body, quite attractive, fairly narrow face, aquiline nose, a small goatee, black hair and thick eyebrows. Wears an old black leather jacket over a maroon shirt, dark blue jeans and black trainers.
Brief History: Born in a small town called Peaceful Valley, parents were both Russian-born immigrants who had moved to America shortly after the fall of the Berlin wall, mother died in an accident when he was five years old, four years later he and his father moved south to Seattle, whilst there he made an abundance of friends and acquaintances, his best friend was a girl called Ruby Forrester who he eventually asked to become his girlfriend, they dated until they were 16 and it became clear that Ruby didn't feel the same way towards him that he felt towards her, at the same time he also finally came to terms with his bisexuality and shortly after breaking up with Ruby he ended up dating a boy he knew for two weeks before he had to move away, after which Brian hasn't dated anyone for longer than a week or so.
Friends/Aquaintances/Relationships: Being a reasonably popular person, Brian has a handful of friends and acquaintances whom he hangs out with. Some of whom may be members of the track & field and soccer teams. He also has a string of ex's, most of whom he'd of only dated for around a week or so before his careless nature winds up getting the better of him. Note: these aren't necessarily people he's slept with. Most of them would have simply been people whom he's gone on one or two dates before being dumped/dumping the other person, although a small majority of them are straightforward one night stands.

I'll post the others later, but for now I've just got details relating to Brian written up. I've only covered the basics with this mini-profile, and the actual profile will cover the ones mentioned (and more!) in much greater detail. This is just to give a much better idea of the character then the short paragraph I wrote ages ago.

If anyone is interested in sorting out relationship thingies, feel free to send me a PM.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

[+] Spoiler
Maxwell Lombardi - The Suave Bastard {Shot off a cliff} [Kill Count: 12]
Marty J. Lovett - The Paranoid Pessimist {Stabbed in the heart} [Kill Count: 1]
Joshua Krakowski - The Living Anachronism {Shot in the temple}
Vera Osborne - The Pretentious Artist {Shot in the eye}