v4 Sneak Preview #2

Here are all the announcements for Version Four, as well as all the previews and midmonth rolls containing fiction.

v4 Sneak Preview #2

Namira
Mr. Danya

June 18th, 2010, 2:15 pm #1

PERSONNEL FILES
-- CLASSIFIED --
NAME: Richards, Matthew
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
HAIR: Brown
EYES: Green

HAND TO HAND COMBAT: Competent
MARKSMANSHIP: Good
EXPLOSIVES: Limited
LEADERSHIP: Competent
TECHNOLOGY: Limited

SERVICE HISTORY: Member of Arthro Taskforce as of SotF V2, albeit on reserve until V4 preparations. See also ESCAPE INCIDENT. Taking an active role in island clearing for V4. Efficient if unremarkable.
ANALYSIS: Richards, though prone to grumbling, is an effective member of the AT. Complaining should not be taken seriously, as he will still fulfil his orders to the best of his ability. Works well under instruction but struggles without guidance, though can be counted on not to make a total mess of things. Useful but not to be overestimated, best used as a grunt.
-=-
NAME: Baines, Josh
HAIR: Blond
EYES: Blue

HAND TO HAND COMBAT: Excellent
MARKSMANSHIP: Good
EXPLOSIVES: Minimal
LEADERSHIP: Minimal
TECHNOLOGY: Competent

SERVICE HISTORY: Member of Arthro Taskforce as of SotF V2, albeit on reserve until V4 preparations. See also ESCAPE INCIDENT. Taking an active role in island clearing for V4. Somewhat lazy.
ANALYSIS: Baines is an oddity, for a soldier of his calibre, he is very laconic and laid back and has an overall poor attitude. Prone to barbs at his fellows, meaning most either enjoy his wit or are irritated by it. Works fine independantly, far too relaxed for leadership. Effective but not remarkable.
-=-
NAME: Lacoste, Cecily
HAIR: Blond
EYES: Blue

HAND TO HAND COMBAT: Competent
MARKSMANSHIP: Competent
EXPLOSIVES: Minimal
LEADERSHIP: Limited
TECHNOLOGY: Good

SERVICE HISTORY: Member of Arthro Taskforce as of Test Run 8. Took part in that exercise and returned several successful kills. Consistent service since then at HQ, has not been involved in many field operations. Ambitious.
ANALYSIS: Lacoste is a useful asset, if only due to the funding she helps supply through her connections. Adequate technician at HQ, best kept out of the line of fire so we can continue to reap financial benefit. Also effective at gathering intelligence and smoking out moles.

Part A...

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Namira
Mr. Danya

June 18th, 2010, 2:17 pm #2

...And Part B.

Hey look, a site.

What is SotF Mini (delicious copy-pastea)
wrote:The clue's in the name: SOTF Mini is a deriative RP of Survival Of The Fittest, an RP which is based off Koushun Takami's Battle Royale, although with its own unique plot and characters.

Chances are that if you've found your way here, you already know of or are a member on the original site, so I won't dwell on the details for too long.

Put simply, this site is designed to be an alternative option to the main SOTF. Once the cap goes on, it often means people lose their chance to participate in the game, and SOTF Mini is here to give handlers an opportunity to write in a similar but not identical setting to SOTF. There are three themes in SOTF Mini, and at any one time, all of them could be running simultaneously.

Mini is much faster paced than its parent, with eliminations happening with greater frequency and from a smaller pool of characters, and is also aimed at beginner-intermediate level RPers, particularly those that might not quite be up to the level of the main site. It could almost be considered a practice or training board as well as something for those who want to do a little extra SOTF writing.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Fiori
Contender
Fiori
Contender

June 18th, 2010, 2:44 pm #3

Cool! Some Bios AND an official introduction to Sotf Mini!

Seems things are still getting interesting... Can't wait until we hear more about where V4 with be taking place though.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

[+] spoiler
Maxwell Lombardi - The Suave Bastard {Shot off a cliff} [Kill Count: 12]
Marty J. Lovett - The Paranoid Pessimist {Stabbed in the heart} [Kill Count: 1]
Joshua Krakowski - The Living Anachronism {Shot in the temple}
Vera Osborne - The Pretentious Artist {Shot in the eye}

Dropbear
Player

June 18th, 2010, 2:50 pm #4

Hmmm? Already knew about Mini, but the profiles are very interesting... What is this ESCAPE INCIDENT? No, wait. It's gotta be referring to the v3 twist...

Also, Test Run 8? That rings a bell about the wiki for me... Wasn't that the game where the kids were used as target practice?

Blah. CONFUSION!

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

June 18th, 2010, 3:43 pm #5

Awesome preview, once again. Also, everyone should join Mini! It's great fun.

KamiKaze
Winner

June 18th, 2010, 10:24 pm #7

Yay! More information for my slash fic!

*Kami is KILLED*

Woot! More information for v4! Awesome stuff! And we got an intro for Mini, too. :3
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Little Boy
Contender

June 19th, 2010, 2:00 pm #8

Any word on the impending cap yet?

Those bios are pretty coo' I'm excited.
V5

Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
[+] spoiler

Jay Holland > "If I just smile, I guess they'll think it's all okay." ESCAPED
Jimmy Brennan > H&K CAWS (12 gauge) > "Step through that door and underestimate me, just like all the rest!" > PLACED: 22 / 276
Roland Harte > Kris > " This is, for all intents and purposes, my war now." > PLACED: 150 / 276
Orn "Dutchy" Ayers > Harpoon > "I fell in a puddle..." > PLACED: 98 / 276

Abby Erickson > Claw Hammer > "I get tired easy, so maybe the big sleep would be good for me." PLACED: 27 / 53
Brett Torres > Raven Arms MP-25 (.25) [x4 clips (6 round capacity)] 17/24 /// Stoner 63 (5.56x45mm) [(150 rounds per Drum)] 300/300 > "Bloodthirsty little bunch, ain't we?"
Jonas Jeffries > PINK TEAM > MAC-10 [x8 clips (30 Round Capacity)] 30/30 > " 'ow doo I make the muggafuggin' kh-chg noibs?!" PLACED: 31 / 66
wrote:"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey
NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.

Leonshade
Cannon Fodder

June 19th, 2010, 3:42 pm #9

Hooray for foreshadowing.