V4: Ethnicity

Neuphim
Survivor
Neuphim
Survivor

7:08 PM - Feb 10, 2009 #1

While working yesterday, I came to the idea that, for convience sakes, if we'd list our characters ethnicities.

While not absolutely necessary, it is, if anything else, convenient for future RP purposes.

So, here are my characters.

Mercedes Tarantino: 50% Mexican, 50% English
Luce Fellini: 50% Italian, 50% Irish (Caucasian)
Mason Terrence: 50% German, 50% Swedish (Caucasin)
Roshini Nair: Indian

V$ Warriors:
Mercedes Tarantino
Luce Fellini
Mason Terrence
Roshini Nair

AnimeDutchess
Survivor

2:04 AM - Feb 11, 2009 #2

Sable Ruthers: 100% Irish-American

Asher Kerrington: 50% German, 25% English, 25% Italian

Sora Najikano: 100% Japanese

Ileane Heldin: 50% Italian, 25% Irish, 25% German
V4:
Sable Ruthers - "If everyone wants to hurt me, I might as well let them."
Asher Kerrington - "A...patriarchal society? ...NICE."
Sora Najikano - "You know, Onee-chan loved plum blossoms. Maybe that's why I do, too..."
Ileane Heldin - "What's she mean by that? I'm just me, you know. Can't be much else."

shining knight
Cannon Fodder
shining knight
Cannon Fodder

9:00 PM - Feb 11, 2009 #3

Evan and kevin are purely american

Simon and Liera are 100 per cent English and scottish

SRJJJB
Leader
SRJJJB
Leader

9:53 PM - Feb 11, 2009 #4

This is a excellent idea as some characters might use races for different character ideas. Anyway here me:

Rein: German with hints of Polish and Russian heritage, parents move to America
Cyrille: French, grand-parents move to America
Simon: English 25%, French 25%, Swedish 25%, German 25%, family have move to America for a long period of time.
Al (Soon to come character): Canadian recently move to America by himself, has hints of Irish and English heritage

10:49 PM - Feb 11, 2009 #5

Cool idea. Mine aren't that exciting though...

Maddy Stone: Pretty much 100% German lineage.
Neill Robertson: 75% German, 25% Scottish (has a Scottish Grandparent)
Acacia Cassidy: 50% French, 50% English

And that's all I got so far.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] Spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Post-game: ❤ ❤

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

TDS
Player
TDS
Player

10:59 PM - Feb 11, 2009 #6

For Those of you who are not from the U.S., check out Wikipedia's page on ethnic groups in the United States. Different nations view ethnicity differently, so I wouldn't want someone using descriptions of ethnicity that are rarely found in the U.S.

Of course, it's mainly about self-identification, so whatever.
[+] Spoiler
V4 Characters:
[+] Spoiler

B038 - Dawson, Charles
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Ridley, Samantha

Current Location:
Equipment: Compound Bow (19 arrows)
[+] Spoiler

G063 - Bradley, Ericka

Current Location: In Transit

Equipment: CZ-99 (9mm) Ammo separated by clip ~(3)~(13)(13)(13) total=42 bullets remaining. CQC-6. Gun Holster.

GameMaker
Survivor

11:27 PM - Feb 11, 2009 #7

J.J. Sturn: 75% German, 25% Polish (Born in the United States)

Mike Jeffries: 50% English, 25% Polish, and 25% Dutch

Omar Burton: 100% English

Kaitlin Anderheim: 50% German, 50% English
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD

Tythanin
Leader

1:30 AM - Feb 12, 2009 #8

Melissa Li: 100% Chinese
Violetta Lindsberg: 50% English, 25% German, 25% French
Markham Connor: 100% English
Nichol Lee Shi: 50% Chinese, 50% English
"Oh god dammit, I lost my sense of humor around here. Someone help me find it."

---

Approved V5 Pre-Game Characters:

Faria Young - Generals of Elysium (The Waterfront)
Annabelle Summers - Where Is My Muse? (Lunch Room)

"And who the hell came up with this play?! "Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet" ...Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

Cosmosphere - Now Serving as a Crappy Writing Blog

SRJJJB
Leader
SRJJJB
Leader

12:58 PM - Feb 12, 2009 #9

TDS wrote: For Those of you who are not from the U.S., check out Wikipedia's page on ethnic groups in the United States. Different nations view ethnicity differently, so I wouldn't want someone using descriptions of ethnicity that are rarely found in the U.S.

Of course, it's mainly about self-identification, so whatever.
I didn't quite understand what you mean here TDS... Sorry can you re-explain it for me?

TDS
Player
TDS
Player

4:31 PM - Feb 12, 2009 #10

It wasn't really directed at you sky. Remember the discussion we had in chat about your French heritage? It's basically that... In America, from what I've seen in my 20 years on the planet spent almost exclusively there, ethnicity is largely about descent. So it was directed at shining knight's 100% American characters, unless he means Native American, it wouldn't count as there ethnicity.

There are exceptions, of course, since it is about self-identification. Some people have so many heritages that they can't pick out any one (me for example). Some simply self-identify as "American" rather than by their heritage, to quote Wikipedia:
wrote:Many citizens (7.2%) listed themselves simply as "American" on the census. A county by county map of plurality ethnic groups reveals that the areas with the largest "American" ancestry populations were mostly settled by Scots-Irish, Scottish, English, and Welsh people.

Your okay sky, xylophonefairy listed one character as American when she posted at the exact same time as me, but it's been changed. Shining knight was who inspired me to post it. The page is also a reference tool, because if the characters were born and raised in America they'd be using the way Americans refer to ethnicity and heritage.

EDIT: If you meant the self-identification comment, it basically means you are what you say you are. If you identify as having an English heritage, but your 100% German that's okay, weird maybe, but okay.
[+] Spoiler
V4 Characters:
[+] Spoiler

B038 - Dawson, Charles
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Ridley, Samantha

Current Location:
Equipment: Compound Bow (19 arrows)
[+] Spoiler

G063 - Bradley, Ericka

Current Location: In Transit

Equipment: CZ-99 (9mm) Ammo separated by clip ~(3)~(13)(13)(13) total=42 bullets remaining. CQC-6. Gun Holster.

SRJJJB
Leader
SRJJJB
Leader

8:16 PM - Feb 12, 2009 #11

TDS wrote: It wasn't really directed at you sky. Remember the discussion we had in chat about your French heritage? It's basically that... In America, from what I've seen in my 20 years on the planet spent almost exclusively there, ethnicity is largely about descent. So it was directed at shining knight's 100% American characters, unless he means Native American, it wouldn't count as there ethnicity.

There are exceptions, of course, since it is about self-identification. Some people have so many heritages that they can't pick out any one (me for example). Some simply self-identify as "American" rather than by their heritage, to quote Wikipedia:
wrote:Many citizens (7.2%) listed themselves simply as "American" on the census. A county by county map of plurality ethnic groups reveals that the areas with the largest "American" ancestry populations were mostly settled by Scots-Irish, Scottish, English, and Welsh people.

Your okay sky, xylophonefairy listed one character as American when she posted at the exact same time as me, but it's been changed. Shining knight was who inspired me to post it. The page is also a reference tool, because if the characters were born and raised in America they'd be using the way Americans refer to ethnicity and heritage.

EDIT: If you meant the self-identification comment, it basically means you are what you say you are. If you identify as having an English heritage, but your 100% German that's okay, weird maybe, but okay.
Thank you TDS that seriously clear up everything for me and now I understand.

Cactus
Mr. Danya

9:27 PM - Feb 12, 2009 #12

My as yet-unnamed flagship character will be 100% Chinese-Canadian. Otherwise, no idea.
---
[+] Spoiler
Connor Lorenzen: When you're this good, image is everything.
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Memories: 1

Morgan Dragosavich: Ahh, I'll figure shit out later. Let's go!
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

Ross Miller: Just hangin' out, man.
Pregame: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Memories: 1 - 2

Claudeson Bademosi: It's a beautiful day, I think.
Pregame: 1 - 2

Ariana Moretti: The verbal assassin.
Pregame: 1 - 2
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
B007 - Keith Jackson: At the end of the road he's running, looking back to survey where he's been.
B077 - Adam Dodd: You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain. The truth lies somewhere in between.
B087 - Sidney Crosby: It's only cowardice if other people are around to tell you so. Otherwise, it's survival.
B092 - Eddie Serjeantson: Fully in charge, but not much of an arborist.
B013 - Andrew Ponikarovsky: Probably could have used a proper license and a driving lesson.
G005 - Amanda Jones: A breath of fresh air, and in the end, that was all it took.
[+] Spoiler
B033 - Cole Hudson: Sprung a leak.
B011 - Adam Amato: Refused to besmirch those walls.
B099 - John Sheppard: Went out with a bang.
B122 - Ryan Atwell: Couldn't help but write a "Dear John" letter.
G034 - Jamie Li: Left us far before her time.
B011/99 - Burton Harris/Ken Lawson: The Kermit-squad.
[+] Spoiler
< | Angelina | Gilbert | Andrew | Art | Wade | Rupert | Mary | Alexander | Dean | Sarah | Zilya | Alicia | Staffan | Trent | Jodene | >
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Mrs. Ritch: Sweet Billy
The New Adventures of Ed-liver and Mike: Writing Essays and Making Pizza

9:31 PM - Feb 12, 2009 #13

TDS wrote: Your okay sky, xylophonefairy listed one character as American when she posted at the exact same time as me, but it's been changed. Shining knight was who inspired me to post it. The page is also a reference tool, because if the characters were born and raised in America they'd be using the way Americans refer to ethnicity and heritage.
Yeah, I'm from the UK so had absolutely no idea how it was done. I was thinking that the characters already posted had some really random lineages. But yes, edited for consistency.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] Spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; &#10084; Post-game: &#10084; &#10084;

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ &#10014; &#10014; &#10014; &#10014; &#10014;

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ &#9998; &#9998; &#9998; &#9998; &#9998; &#9998;

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047; &#10047;
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Mitsuko2
Contender

2:13 AM - Feb 18, 2009 #14

Cyndi D'Amour, Marshall Andrews, Charlotte Simmons, Jack Levac - Caucasion

Niyah Attwell - African-American

Quentin DuValt, Harriot Vicente - Hispanic

Sara Quail - Some Asian features mixed with Caucasion
The Dan: she won me over with card games, brownies, sex and handcuffs

Edited as of 12/1/11

Alive: Norelia Concepcion, Elliot Stone, Allegra Hoffman

AnimeDutchess
Survivor

3:08 AM - Feb 18, 2009 #15

d0ddi0slave wrote: My as yet-unnamed flagship character will be 100% Chinese-Canadian. Otherwise, no idea.
That...just sounds like a whole bunch of awesome.
V4:
Sable Ruthers - "If everyone wants to hurt me, I might as well let them."
Asher Kerrington - "A...patriarchal society? ...NICE."
Sora Najikano - "You know, Onee-chan loved plum blossoms. Maybe that's why I do, too..."
Ileane Heldin - "What's she mean by that? I'm just me, you know. Can't be much else."