The Guestinator
The Guestinator

February 1st, 2011, 5:32 am #11

BKA: Dan's Staffan Kronwall gets my vote for the BKA. From an IU perspective, I think the terrorist team would get a kick out of this break from head trauma/shot/shot/shot. It wasn't super flashy or ostentatious, but it didn't need to be. This is just a good, solid kill with a great weapon.

BDA: I'm going to have to go with Geno's Richard Han. The BDA should be one that stands out months later, and I think this one might have earned a place right next to "And then Minase died of AIDS" as far as iconic SotF scenes go. It was daring without being gimmicky, as well as a riot to read. My vote for this meta award goes to this fittingly meta bit of writing.

February 1st, 2011, 4:25 pm #12

BKA: I know there's been a lot of shooting deaths this month and euthanasia deaths aren't generally big show stoppers but I'm putting my vote in for Acacia Salinger. It was a quiet, beautifully written mercy kill. Lugubrious, delicate and lovely and I just preferred it above the other deaths this month, though Tabi did come close with her accidental killing of Clio. It's a scene with a lot of emotion and a lot of heart.

BDA: Duncan McMahon. I must be a sentimental sap this month or something. It was sweet and emotional without being melodramatic and had a strange, unfinished lingering quality that I love. Not all of us get some epic triumph or comedic send off or even the chance to say good bye properly to the ones we care about and that's kind of what struck me here. He really is just resting.

February 2nd, 2011, 10:30 am #13

T

BKA/BDA Tabi Gwenith/Clio Gabriela

What everyone else said. This was a really good, well-written scene, and surprising for Tabi.

February 2nd, 2011, 10:31 am #14

^^^ *adds IT'S3INTHEMORNINGANDICAN'TWRITEGOODREASONSFORSHI to the Guest title thingy*

last minute ninja
last minute ninja

February 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm #15

BKA goes to Liam Brooks for the double murder, due to it's emotion and writing. Double points for somehow including HAAAAAAAAATE (I think this isn't the first time, actually).

BDA goes to Clio Gabriela/Inky. This marked a real punch, one of the top scorers has died who will probably live on for a long time, and it was handled extremely well, going through her final thoughts. High profile kills also mean significant impacts on the game, and this death will probably open up the second half of the game in my mind.

February 2nd, 2011, 4:17 pm #16

BKA: Tabi Gweneth for the killing of Clio Gabriella

Last time the two girls encountered each other, Clio was the top dog and Tabi was pretty much the damsel in distress. I didn't have much hope for her doing anything interesting back then. This killing transformed her from that scared little girl into someone who could potentially mean business later on in the game.

BDA: Geno for the death of Richard Han

I'll admit it, this death made me laugh. It was novel, having him falling from one location into another like that. As well as that, his final words are what really stood this death out. This death will be remembered for a long time yet.

I'M CASHING IT IN
I'M CASHING IT IN

February 2nd, 2011, 8:16 pm #17

My BKA vote this month goes to Tabi Gweneth, for reasons that maybe not everyone else will agree with, but whatever. I loved this kill not because of who she was killing (that really didn't play much of a factor in my decision) but of the way the scene was handled, by all three involved. It was an emotion-filled scene, and definitely my vote for BKA this month.

For BDA, what do you get if you mix a humorous death concept with good writing and a huge dollop of originality? You get my vote this month, Richard Han/Geno. Not much can be said that hasn't already, but the sheer originality of this death, as well as the circumstances and the way it was handled (I loved him falling into a separate thread, thought it was a great touch.) Make this this month's winner for me.

Namira
Mr. Danya

February 3rd, 2011, 12:56 am #18

Guest wrote:T

BKA/BDA Tabi Gwenith/Clio Gabriela

What everyone else said. This was a really good, well-written scene, and surprising for Tabi.
DQed for inadequate reasoning.

Otherwise, thanks for voting, everyone. Now closed.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith