Espi
Winner

September 30th, 2016, 8:56 am #11

Alice said nothing, simply watched quietly as Jeremy and Scout spoke. The situation was frightening to her, even though Jeremy didn't seem like the type to go along with the terrorist's instructions. Really though, did anyone at her school? As much malice as she could have for someone, she didn't know if her classmates could actually kill each other. She hadn't scene anyone hostile herself, at least. Then again, the last five classes probably had lots of people who thought like her.

Jeremy put the gun away, and Alice let out her breath, which until then she'd unknowingly been holding. It seemed surreal, how quickly she felt the nerves leave. She wasn't in imminent danger, at least.

Still, best not to incite anything; for all that guns were frightening, a person can inflict considerable harm even unarmed, if not kill. So Alice stayed at the edge by the door, and for a couple of seconds she contemplated her answer to Jeremy's frankly rather flippant question.

"Uhm...I was looking for shelter. A place to hide out." Alice looked around her at the chapel. "I'd still like to stay here, at least, if you two don't mind. It's not as if I own the place." She gave a small chuckle.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Ciel
Mr. Danya

October 2nd, 2016, 3:54 am #12

Scout was taken aback. To the boy, perhaps tucking the gun out of the way was nothing to write home about, but to her it was unexpected. She thought the boy would puff his chest out and stand his ground. Instead he put his gun away.

That disarmed Scout. It also made her shoulders relax.

Right. So either this guy was playing a long con or he was absolutely harmless. She... She felt uncomfortable. Moments ago she was planning about how to steal that gun, under the premise that he was going to flash it. She jumped to conclusions.

It wasn't right. Scout wasn't right. She was wrong. Read the situation wrong.

Scout did not smile. But she was no longer sneering either.

"... What's your name?"

It was as if the boy didn't even ask how Scout was doing. It was as if Baker did not say anything at all. 'Fucking around' was not her forte. She shook her head. That was the wrong question to ask. She changed the question.

"Forget it, you're a senior, right? Would have remembered your name if you were a junior." Scout shouldered her bag again, crossed her arms. "... Do you know a girl named Clarice? Big girl, dark mop of hair, friendly in that grating sorta way. Have you seen her?"

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 2nd, 2016, 8:10 am #13

“Hey, I called dibs. Call dibs. Whatever.”

He didn’t want to think. He didn’t want to focus too much on what he was saying. Obviously he wouldn’t accidently say anything wrong because seriously who did that but his replies weren’t going to be the greatest. He knew that. He didn’t care. The two people right in front of them weren’t ones he knew personally and likely wouldn’t so it didn’t matter if they didn’t think much of him. He just needed to not think. That was what he was valuing right now. And it’d be simple. Simple enough. He knew that he was thinking but so long as it was surface details like this? It’d be fine.

“But nah. You can stay. I’ll go. Figure out someplace else to stay, or something.”

Scout asked something. His name. That was simple enough.

“Jeremy.”

And then she asked him about Clarice.

And everything came crashing back.

The image of Mr Graham getting shot and the thought that Mrs Barks had likely died and the game and the island and Nancy sending the axe swinging into Clarice and the blood on the floor and on the axe. It all came back. It was there. And it was real. It wasn’t the people on the pictures standing off with one another. It wasn’t the man in the picture covered in blood that he could easily scroll away from. It was real. People he knew. Faces. Faces that he’d never see again. Maybe if he was lucky he’d get to see Clarice one more time but he didn’t want to count on it. He knew he’d be let down.

Because that was how things worked. You hope for something, and it gets taken away from you and you scream and you cry and the world has its fun from getting it’s rise out of you. Quote Seneca. Somewhere in the BCE.

Wait, no. He just needed to not think about this. Have fun. It was the top thing on the list, so it was what he had to do. There was a question. He could distract himself from it.

“I saw her… earlier today, yeah. In the bell tower.”

He looked away. Down.

He remembered something. One of the few good things his parents told him. Frequently he forgot, and whenever he did, his parents would always get stern at him and tell him to look people in the eye when he was talking to them.

“She got an axe sent through her arm before she went out of sight. I don’t know what happened after that.”

He knew that if they were here, his parents wouldn’t be very pleased right now.
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Ciel
Mr. Danya

October 2nd, 2016, 8:41 am #14

Scout's demeanor changed in an instant. There was a sudden realization and a blatant show of emotion. The corners of her mouth drooped. Her shoulders scrunched. Her eyes stared, not at Jeremy but through him. Her lip quivered.

"... Are you telling me the truth?"

As much as she wanted to doubt the boy's credibility, the fact that he seemed so put-upon really made it for her. The way his eyes were glued to the floor, The flash of disgust she caught in his expression, as if he were recalling something gruesome. No, he wasn't lying. Why would he have any reason to lie to her? There was nothing to gain from it.

Clarice was big. An axe to the arm sounded like the sort of thing she'd walk off. It sounded like a joke Scout herself would make, a private one, the kind you don't repeat to anyone else. But given the situation they... it didn't sound like a joke. Sounded pretty damn real to her.

Can't wrestle with a bad shoulder, Scout thought.

"Thanks, Jeremy.

"I, uhh..."

"Not everyone's gonna be waiting for the escape helicopter. Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

Don't cry. Only pussies cry. And Scout, you aren't a pussy. Are you? Don't turn your brain off Scout. Bad things happen when you turn your brain off.

Oh she wished it were that easy. It wasn't just the news of Clarice getting hurt that was breaking the dam in her tearducts. There were so many things occurring to her at once. The biggest one being that, yes, there really were monsters among her classmates. Those who would so blindly rush in and attack someone as nice as Clarice.

And she had actually considered becoming one of them. One of them.

"I need to go," Scout said. Had to see a dog about a dislocated shoulder.

Shouldering her bag. as she rushed out the door, fumbling with the pack of cigarettes again. She needed to be alone. Think things through. Restrategize.

Scout wanted to tell them, Baker and Jeremy, to stay safe. She forgot.

(Scout Pfeiffer continued in And What You Get, Isn't What You See.)

(Skippage approved by espi.)

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 4th, 2016, 7:47 am #15

“You’re welcome.”

And then Scout left. She didn’t seem to be too good. Maybe just straight up telling her that he had seen her person of unknown connection get hit with an axe wasn’t the smartest idea after all.

And you wonder why it’s suddenly so hard for you to talk to people, Jeremy.

But now the both of them were alone. The both of them being Jeremy and Alice. Had she spoken since he had entered? He didn’t know. Wait, he did know. She landed dibs on this place tonight a little bit ago, before Scout asked him if he had seen Clarice. He knew her, a little bit. He now definitely remembered having a conversation with her. Probably in the music room. It didn’t really go that well. Chalk that up to the normal case of Jeremy honestly not being that good at really conversing at other people. There was the option to talk again right in front of him, but he wasn’t really sure that was a good idea. She wanted to be alone, and the last time they tried he felt kinda awkward. Stilted.

It wouldn’t really help him get his mind off his thoughts.

He looked behind him. Scout was out of sight.

There were people out there that knew him better. Who he could talk to easier. Who he wanted to at least have that talk one last time. He knew that. Maybe they could distract him. At least for a bit. Keep him in the good and light mood that he wanted. That he needed. He knew that this was probably a big island, but who knew. It was a chance.

He turned his head back to Alice.

A better chance than remaining here, at the very least.

“Well, you said that you wanted this place to yourself, so I’ll leave it to you, then.”

He turned around, sending his arm out in a wave.

“See you around, hopefully.”

((Jeremy Frasier, continued in This World Belongs to the Mad))
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Espi
Winner

October 4th, 2016, 4:33 pm #16

They departed.

It seemed Scout was searching for Clarice, a name Alice didn't recognize off-hand. It was, according to Jeremy, unfortunately too late to protect this Clarice from physical harm. Scout seemed perturbed, rushing off with barely anything said. Not that much needed to be said, really.

Jeremy left too, without much explanation. She supposed she was grateful, and she gave a little wave at the boy as he left. She let out her breath; the situation had been uncomfortable, anxious. Not overtly threatening, but with every passing encounter Alice wondered if the next one would go as well.

Still. Being alone was a nice change of pace.

((Alice Baker continued in Down the Rabbit Hole))
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt