Pen touches paper, and a Town is born, where none was before. Words paint a scene, puppets line the streets; ghosts, shaped with tools, but not yet truly animate; Cliches all, flat & empty as far as the eye can see.
The pen pauses for a thoughtful moment before resuming, this time slower, as it fills that void. There's a love in the hand that writes, and although it may well be that none of these characters are truly unique, they're his, and that's all that matters.
Glassy eyes grow soft & moist, filled with hopes & dreams beyond the simple foundations laid for them. Blood courses through their veins, invigorating bodies that had long been nothing more than a dream.
But there comes a time when you can no longer hold on. Even as the characters were set in motion, as they were given their parts to play in turn, there were others watching, who had no love for the story the author was creating.
In an instant, everything was ripped from his grasp.
DEAD - VysePresident: An Author
This is your story now. What part will you play? Do you stand with the Town against the invaders, to fight for the perfect Utropia? Or do you want to tear it to shreds, and replace it with your own vision?
Heya, guys, and welcome to TvTropes Mafia! Role PMs will be going out in the next few minutes. In the meantime, you guys know the routine.
- Do not, under any circumstances, quote, screenshot, or otherwise allow people direct access to your Role PM. You may paraphrase your role & flavor. If you're not sure if something is okay, ask, and save us both some trouble.
- Do not talk about the game outside of the game thread without direct permission from the mod.
- To remain active, you must follow the activity rules outlined by MurderWeasel in the third paragraph here - four substantive posts per day, or three & one vote. I intend to use a light-hand in determining what counts as substantive, and will allow for two prods before a force-replace or modkill, rather than one, but I will be strict with activity. Please, if you're going to be unable to post for a while, mark yourself as Away. I don't want to have to enforce this rule.
- They first dayphase will run for 9 days. The rest will run for 8 days. The scum teams will be granted Daychat for the 96 hours of the phase, or four real life days.
- Order of actions will be determined by NAR, except in that Roleblocks take primacy over all other blocking actions, and Miscellaneous roles are treated like the role they most resemble, where applicable.
- All lynches are final. You may continue talking after a lynch is reached but before I've posted the flip. Once the flip is posted and night starts, no more posting.
- After you are killed, do not post in this thread. This includes when you are lynched.
- Votes must be red to be counted. Unvotes should be green. Unvotes are encouraged, but not required. If it looks like a vote for somebody, it will be counted, to avoid fake-voting gambits.
- Don't deliberately be a jerk. Attacking somebody's play is fine. Attacking the player as a person is not. I don't think this will be an issue with you guys, but I want to keep it clear & ready.
- Don't try to abuse loopholes in these rules. Deliberately attempting to circumvent the rules, including pretending to break a rule, will be treated as if you were actually breaking the rule.
- Vote counts should be posted at least every 24 hours. If I don't do this, you're free to bug me.
- Play to your win condition and be civil--this game is about arguing, not about being gratuitously insulting in a personal way.
- I intend to use a light hand while modding, however, Word of Mod is final.
*Rules stolen liberally from inspired by multiple sources, but especially MurderWeasel & Penguin_Alien.
Game Specific Rules & Information
- This game is confirmed to be multiball.
- If the opposing scumteams target the same player, their kills will be nullified & fail.
- X-shot powers that are blocked during the night may or may not be retained, depending on the power used to block.
- Attempt to outguess the mod at your own peril. This game has been balanced against certain game breaking strategies that have become popular recently.
- In the event of a tie between one or more factions, the rules are as follows: Town will win in the event of a 1v1v1 scenario. In the event of two or more scum factions having equaling numbers at the end of the game, with no Town members remaining, the faction that started with fewer players will be awarded the win. Any 3rd parties will automatically win ties, if such are relevant to their win condition. If none of the above conditions apply, and a winner cannot be determined, the game will end in a tie.
Living Players - (List of ISOs.)
~An * denotes a prod. Two prods are allowed before a force-replace/modkill upon the third.
DuckyB - THE TROLL: Darth Mafia Bookie.
Primrosette - MAGNIFICIANT BASTARD: Town Double Voter.
Deamon - BLOOD KNIGHT: Town 1-shot Vengilante
Frogue - BOISTEROUS BRUISER: Paranoid Doctor
RC - 'STOP HAVING FUN' GUY: Sugar Mafia JailKeeper
MK Kilmarnock - ENTRY PIMP: Sugar Mafia JOAT
Imehal - THE SHERIFF: Town Jailkeeper.
Lore - EVIL OVERLORD: Town Motivator
Grim Wolf - MAD SCIENTIST: Town Inventor
Penguin_Alien - THE CRITIC: Town 1-shot Sugar BP Mason.
VoltTurtle - THE ASCENDED FAN: Town 1-shot Cynicism BP Mason.
Decoy - THE TROPESPEAKER: Sugar Mafia 2-shot RoleCop
Seth Crimson - THE CASSANDRA: Town 2-shot Amnesiac Watcher
Bikriki - THE CORONER: Town Automatic Coroner.
Un-Persona - REDSHIRT: Town Bodyguard
Flare - THE CHESSMASTER: Town 1-shot Redirector.
MurderWeasel - THE TROPELESS: Darth Mafia 2-shot BP Ascetic
Slam - THE FAN DUMB: Sugar Mafia Modified Neighborizer
No-Lynch -> Day #2 Start
No-Lynch -> Day #3 Start
RC Lynch -> Day #4 Start
Lore Lynch -> Day #5 Start
No-Lynch -> Day #6 Start
Decoy Lynch -> Day #7 Start
Flare Lynch -> Day #8 Start
The game thread will open shortly, once all PMs are sent. my internet goes and people all start posting.