TORCHES TOGETHER

dmboogie
Winner

July 3rd, 2017, 1:00 am #1

unlike v6 im not going to ditch half these guys before profiles even open up, i swear

Abraham "Abe" Watanabe: Write the words "APATHY IS DEATH" like a hundred times on a whiteboard and you get the picture probably. Likes media best when he can make fun of it, especially horror and sci-fi. Writes flash fiction, but only ironically. (He puts a lot of effort into this ironic fiction.) Other than that, he only works hard enough to avoid treading water around the bare minimum so people don't get on his case about half-assing things. Works as a barista at the cafe his dad opened up as a new addition to his family-owned grocery store. Socially, he doesn't go out of his way to be a dick to people or anything, but he's bad with emotions and the expression thereof; and he likes saying weird shit with a straight face just to get a rise out of people. He's bisexual.

Looking for:
-Fellow slacker friends (stoners also welcome)
-ex or current datefriends
-writer buddies (if they can tolerate his "nah man im not really trying, it's ironic, im not owned im not owned" routine)
-people to go 'bro you're kind of a shithead'
-anything else you want, im open for anything man
[+] Spoiler
Forrest Quin: (Girlfriend): "Alright, so, if you put 'cool and good' or maybe 'cool and cute' in the dictionary, which it wouldn't be because that's a phrase and not a word, her picture would be in there, because I put it there to illustrate a point? It's a bad dictionary but it's not wrong about her. Because she's pretty rad."

Myles Roux: (Ex Fling, Current Friend): "We've kissed at least one (1) time. Probably wasn't ever gonna last much longer than that but I still like the dude. Like, in a 'friend' way, not a 'smooching on' way."

Axel Fontaine: (Ex Fling): "Okay yeah he's a total guitar party douche, but he's a cute party guitar douche. We hooked up at one point but he's just been kinda distant ever since? Legit hoping that I didn't fuck up somehow - like, I'm no stranger to fucking up, and when I fuck up I am usually totes aware of it the entire time I am fucking up, but I dunno."

Demetri Futscher: (Childhood Friend) "We've been bros for a long-ass time, y'know? He's cool. Like yeah, he says some stupid shit but I don't think he really means it all the time, right? He's cool. He's my bro. Yeah."

Artem Fyodorov: (Friend) "lmao. Yes, el-em-ay-oh. Like I don't wanna be a dick to the guy but he's such an easy target, man. But like, seriously, he's cool. Maybe not "cool" but like if you're willing to smoke weed and watch spooky shit with me you're a good person, imo. eye-em-oh."

Hel Fury (Friend): "Suffer not a sbucks trash factory to continue peddling drinks that I am contractually obliged to dunk into the dumpster. Maybe one day we'll get high enough that she'll like, get in touch with the universe and realize the inherent truth that chain coffee rots your soul and also your teeth, unlike regular coffee which is probably just bad for your teeth. It can't be good for your teeth, right? Like, it stains it-"

Lucas Diaz: (Friend) "Guy needs to breathe and maybe just like, relax and write some stupid shit. He's cool though."

Adele Jones: (Friend) "She writes and she parties, and that's pretty alright by me. Dunno what her problem with the sinful green 420 drug is, but more for me, right?"

Cammy Walker-Grimsley (Friend) "I am personally offended and will never forgive anyone on this fuck Earth who does not appreciate my nuanced and brilliant sense of humor, forever. Unless they smoke weed with me. Then we're cool. And we're probably cool in a lot of other cases too, but y'know."

Felix Rees (Friend): "World's a stage or some shit, no reason not to make it a comedy, right? This guy gets it. This guy gets me."

Alton Gerow (Friend): "Chill dude. I was gonna say more but like, sometimes a guy's just chill and cool to be around. Don't need to fuck a thesaurus, right?"

Phillip Olivares (Acquaintance): "What can I say? Dude owns it. I might not be down with the clown for keeps but I don't mind taking the bus to clown town every once in a while, and maybe even taking a class or two at clown school, the school for clowns. Something something miracles."

Aliya Nemati (Acquaintance): "Eh. She's fine. Has a stick up her ass about Demetri but s'not my problem."

Juliette Sargent (lmao): "Just... come on, man. You really think anyone actually gives a shit about class prez?"

Dane Lennox (lmao): "Look, I don't wanna be "the weed guy", alright? My shitty and bad personality has layers to it that do not involve getting high. I'm just SAYING that if this guy used some of his dosh to buy something, y'know, green, maybe people'd actually like him.

Andy Silverman (Discomfort Zone): "Look, I dunno what happened between him and Forrest, and I really don't give a shit. Where the hell do I come into it?"

Jeremiah Widdlestone: (Discomfort Zone) "Y'know, sometimes a joke just doesn't land, and it's kind of a shitty feeling to know you made someone feel bl- sad. You make them feel sad. I didn't say "blue", so that's character development. Could do without him glaring at me but like, that's the price you pay, right?"
Alexander Brooke: Cool cat. Blind since birth. Reasonably wealthy family. Singer for Beyond Human, a Depeche Mode love-letter band. Spends most of his free time listening to audiobooks and podcasts. He's not the greatest vocalist (but i mean to be fair mr. depeche mode guy doesn't have the biggest range either) but he takes his band very seriously, and he's one of the most vocal about the band's creative direction. Can be kind of an insufferable hipster especially with his dry, sarcastic sense of humor but he means well. Wants to go to college for business. he's str8

Looking for:
-book or podcasts buddies, or buddies in general idk
-ex or current girlfriends
-people who have Opinions about his band
[+] Spoiler
Lavender Ripley (Ex-girlfriend): "Sometimes, things just don't work out. I still respect her, and if nothing else there's now one more Depeche Mode fan in the world."

Helena Fury (Ex-girlfriend): "It... could've ended better, between us. I don't hold it against her anymore."

Beryl Mahelona (Bandmate): "We disagree often, but it's usually resolved before too long. Otherwise, she is pleasant both to be around and work with."

Roxanne Herbert (Bandmate) "She takes our music seriously, and we share an appreciation for literature. I could ask for nothing more in a friend and fellow musician."

Isra Khalil (Bandmate): "I know she has opinions about our band, and I know she cares. I just wish she'd express them more often. A peerless source for podcasts, though."

Marceline Carlson (Bandmate): "She... she needs to calm down. At least a little. We do have compatible creative visions, and she's still my friend, but sometimes she's just too much."

Barbara Mulaney (Friend): "Who needs an RSS feed when you have someone who will yell from the rooftops whenever a new episode is released? ...That might sound mean-spirited but I legitimately appreciate it."

Artem Fyodorov (Friend): "It is always nice to be appreciated. I appreciate him, too. He's clearly intelligent, and he has interesting tastes in literature."

Cammy Walker-Grimsley (Friend): "She is calming to be around, and performing with varied instruments shows a remarkable dedication to your craft."

Andy Silverman (Rival Band): "It is impossible to objectively rate music, and each genre has its own strengths and appeals even if I do not personally understand it. Now, with all that out of the way, my band is still better than his band. No contest."

Axel Fontaine (Rival Band): "I despise Ed Sheeran. Cannot stand the man's music. Absolutely horrific. It's actually preferable for it to come from Axel's mouth, but he should stick to his own material."

Cleo Braithwaite (Acquaintance): "She seems sensible enough, but I can't say I understand why she spends her time the way she does."

Mikki Swift (Acquaintance): "I can respect her dedication, even if she doesn't make "my" kind of music - if a song's going to drown out my thoughts; I'd prefer that it at least have something to say to fill the void. Maybe if I was a safe distance away I could appreciate it more. A few blocks?"

Forrest Quin (Acquaintance): "Mm. I hold a certain level of respect for anyone who does music, and that's the extent of my opinion towards her."

Dane Lennox (Sigh): "I'm sorry, is this person supposed to be notable? I couldn't tell."
Christine "Chris" Bright: Wants to be a paladin when she grows up probably. She does MMA and is generally buff, also likes Ren Faire/medieval stuff. Fascinated with tattoos and is seriously considering studying to become a tattoo artist after school. Super into social justice. Has very firm opinions on morality and shit, and doesn't have much patience for people who don't. Kinda intense in general! She's gay.

Looking for:
-MMA or knight nerd friends, also friends in general
-ex or current girlfriends
-people to shout at or shout with about politics and justice
[+] Spoiler
Vivi Hollingshead (Ex Girlfriend): "She's really cool and- I mean, I really... it was great while it lasted. It's just, sometimes I wish it coulda lasted longer."

Damion Reyes (Good Friend): "We've had some pretty intense arguments but, like, we agree where it counts. He's a hell of a lot more patient than I am, that's for sure."

Dolly Upton (Good Friend): "God she's stylish. Like, more frills than I would ever wear, but it's perfect on her. She's gonna go far."

Aliya Nemati (Good Friend): "Fantastic. 10/10. Pinning people into submission is just as cool as punching them into submission."

Jordan Brankovitch (Good Friend): "She's cool. She gets it. Not the best at saying it, but anyone who gives her shit can go die for all I care."

Astor Maradona (Friend) : "Graffiti is kind of like tattooing a wall, but less permanent and also kind of a crime. It's rad and he's rad."

Hel Fury (Friend): "I didn't know you could be a priestess of Dudeism. I didn't know Dudeism was a thing. If I had like, any authority in anything I'd try to get her some more titles."

Mercy Aimes (Friend): "She wants to punch shit, and I wanna help her punch shit better. (She's cute but don't tell her I said that, she'll punch me and I'd totally deserve it to be honest.)"

Sachi Kobayakawa (Friend): "Hell yeah, kick the shit outta stuff! ...Maybe she could kick the shit out of me a bit less when we play fighting games, though."

Lavender Ripley (Friend): "Man. I might care about shit a whole lot, but she's actually dedicating her life to fighting the good fight. She's gonna be someone's hero, one day."

Sierra Cook (Acquaintance): "Cool tats, fantastic style, fights for the right cause. Kinda unpleasant to be around, unfortunately!"

Jeremiah Widdlestone (Acquaintance): "He's alright. Wish people would just leave him the hell alone."

Barbara Mulaney (Acquaintance): "I don't think she likes me all that much? Like, sometimes I just stop thinking about my surroundings, and then I get really loud, and then she looks really startled, and yeah that's basically entirely my bad. Shit."

Dante Valiero (Acquaintance): "Knows how to take "no" for an answer, so he's alright by me. Besides, anyone who volunteers at a shelter's gotta be pretty decent, right?"

Nia Karahalios (Acquaintance): "God, she's cool. I should talk tarot cards with her sometime."

Ivy Langley (Side-eye): "Ugh. Like, she hasn't done anything to me, but I don't get the feeling she's particularly charitable to me or my friends when none of us are around. Unless she starts actually fucking with them, I really don't give a shit."

Blaise d'Aramitz (Jerk): "Ugh. I dunno what the hell their problem is, but they'd be cool if they weren't such a complete and utter prick."

Max Rudolph (Jerk): "Ugh. Fuck this asshole. You can like the aesthetics of an era without tying yourself to its ideals, christ!"

Dane Lennox (Jerk): Ugh. Guy's a bougie shithead, nothing to see here."
UPDATED: 10/29/17 11:45 PM (yes I am this determined to not leave the edited tag on while still showing that I'm adding shit, shhh)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

CrossbowPig
Contender

July 3rd, 2017, 1:31 am #2

Christine would be shouting at Max a lot, I feel. Max would probably be somewhat mad at her for appropriating medieval attire as a social justice warrior, and he'd run arguments based on what the ideals of the time were. It'd probably aggravate Chris a decent bit, but hey, that's what Max is up to lately.

Lucas could probably be writer buddies with Abe, yeah? And I mean, Lucas is sort of a slacker when it comes to maintaining a healthy social image, so maybe that box is ticked too? Unsure but you get my drift.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Cicada Days
Winner

July 3rd, 2017, 5:00 am #3

Boogie's in it everyone else pack up and head home.

I see potential with Demetri and Abe being cool friends? Demetri's pseudo ironically a nerd with the same media tastes and also tries too hard as a writer. Though Demetri's probably more genuine and definitely way worse. Since they both have terrible senses of humor I figure they're kindred spirits over that. Pretty much cool with each other and hang out, maybe Demetri tries to pick Abe's brain for writing tips and shits.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Brackie
Winner

July 3rd, 2017, 5:15 am #4

I feel like Christine and Jordan would be good friends! She's also fairly sporty and also heavily into social justice stuff but she's not very good at forming good arguments so she kind of gets rings run around her by people like Max :c

I also feel like Alex would know Mikki, both being artists/musicians! She's also the most serious about her own group's direction and is probably going to end up in LA as a production intern after school so I feel like they'd get each other - also if he's attractive Mikki would probably have hooked up with him or tried to at least once or twice.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] Spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] Spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

July 3rd, 2017, 7:27 am #5

Oh boy, Forrest would be friends with Abe since she's a pretty notorious stoner and she'd also good at not giving a shit about what people say. She'd probably find his fiction interesting at a minimum if that helps any XD

Alisa would probably dislike Abe since there's probably a chance he's said something stupid about her race or religion, which she is a little sensitive about.

Forrest would probably think that Alexander's band is cool and that him being blind but still performing is awesome. They could have gone out or are currently going out during pregame, which considering Forrest is best friends with Mikki won't be awkward for anyone at all.

For Chris I'm thinking maybe her and Aliya get on as they're both into combat sports to some extent. Bret might find her attractive but be like "Hm, she's hot but gay. That's some shit."
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

dmboogie
Winner

July 4th, 2017, 7:36 am #6

okay first things first i think i misrepresented Abe a bit, so just to clear it up: his sense of humor is less "offensive for the sake of it" and more "really weird."
wrote:Christine would be shouting at Max a lot, I feel. Max would probably be somewhat mad at her for appropriating medieval attire as a social justice warrior, and he'd run arguments based on what the ideals of the time were. It'd probably aggravate Chris a decent bit, but hey, that's what Max is up to lately.
lmao yeah chris would hate his guts. absolutely Bad Feelings
wrote:Lucas could probably be writer buddies with Abe, yeah? And I mean, Lucas is sort of a slacker when it comes to maintaining a healthy social image, so maybe that box is ticked too? Unsure but you get my drift.
yeah abe'd be cool with him
wrote:I see potential with Demetri and Abe being cool friends? Demetri's pseudo ironically a nerd with the same media tastes and also tries too hard as a writer. Though Demetri's probably more genuine and definitely way worse. Since they both have terrible senses of humor I figure they're kindred spirits over that. Pretty much cool with each other and hang out, maybe Demetri tries to pick Abe's brain for writing tips and shits.
i think these duders would get along really well yeah, tho abe would be kinda "uh. dude???" at Demitri's sketchier shit. doesn't have enough conviction to really do anything about it other than awkwardly laugh and try to change the subject if it's particularly bad though.
wrote:I feel like Christine and Jordan would be good friends! She's also fairly sporty and also heavily into social justice stuff but she's not very good at forming good arguments so she kind of gets rings run around her by people like Max :c
EVERY KNIGHT NEEDS A SQUIRE hell yeah they'd be good friends
wrote:I also feel like Alex would know Mikki, both being artists/musicians! She's also the most serious about her own group's direction and is probably going to end up in LA as a production intern after school so I feel like they'd get each other - also if he's attractive Mikki would probably have hooked up with him or tried to at least once or twice.
Alex would probs respect/hang around Mikki for her seriousness about music, yeah. (Alex is p. attractive but he's also Not into hookups, so any attempts would most likely remain attempts.)
wrote:Oh boy, Forrest would be friends with Abe since she's a pretty notorious stoner and she'd also good at not giving a shit about what people say. She'd probably find his fiction interesting at a minimum if that helps any XD

Alisa would probably dislike Abe since there's probably a chance he's said something stupid about her race or religion, which she is a little sensitive about.
Abe and Forrest seem like they'd gel well (and we already agreed that they're currently dating. :P) Abe's not that brand of ass so I don't think Alisa would have much of a problem with him, but I also don't think they'd be more than casually friendly. Also, his hanging out with Demetri might sour him to her.
wrote:Forrest would probably think that Alexander's band is cool and that him being blind but still performing is awesome.
Alex would think it's cool that Forrest does music but everything else about her band and personality in general doesn't seem like they'd gel
wrote:For Chris I'm thinking maybe her and Aliya get on as they're both into combat sports to some extent.
ye
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

backslash
Mr. Danya

July 6th, 2017, 2:39 pm #7

In addition to the stuff we've talked about with Myles and Abe, Andy and Alex probably have a rivalry-slash-kinda friendship going on due to competing bands. I think Christine could get along with both Dolly and Astor, Dolly for fashion things (Lolita is different from Medieval but Dolly would still be into it) and Astor for politics/social justice things.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

July 11th, 2017, 8:43 am #8

Cleo has no fucking patience for Abe and would absolutely fire back if he tried to get a rise out of her. I think she probably had a huuuuuuuuuge crush on Christine at some point but she's super private about her bisexuality and only dates people she feels are okay being low-key about it so I don't think she ever followed up on it other than maybe some awkward flirting.

Blaise finds Christine just ridiculous and probably ridicules her constantly in exaggerated Ren Faire speak that is obviously wrong.

Hel has a hot and cold relationship with Abe, I'd say, where she wants to get along but he probably pushes her buttons and she needs a breather sometimes? They can be stoner buds but on the other hand she's Sbucks trash soooooooooo. I think she really likes Alexander though. Maybe they dated for a hot minute? I don't think it'd last, especially because I think there'd be some at least internal problematic romanticizing of his blindness within her dysphoric headspace that would make her uncomfortable/ableist even if she doesn't express it and eventually you gotta make way for secret online relationship, but they could still be acquaintances afterwards. She lives in awe of Christine and wishes she had the personality to be like her.

Mmmmmmmmmm I feel like Abe has probably said some really bad things to Jeremiah at some point and that bridge is just burned to cinders. I feel like he and Christine could have an interesting relationship? How is she about like, trying to fix people's problems?

Damian also loves Christine and they could be LGBTQA+/social activism buds. I feel like they'd mesh really, really well.

Babs likes Alexander a whole lot and probably trades podcasts with him pretty frequently. She is terrified both of Christine's loud, confident, political personality and the weird fluttery feeling she gets in the pit of her stomach whenever Christine is around that she does not want to explore ever at all till the end of time thank you very much please.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Somersault
Survivor

October 23rd, 2017, 12:31 pm #9

Adele may be sorta writer friends with Abe, but she almost might find him a bit of a dick tee-bee-haitch. But maybe it can work?

Cleo and Alexander might maybe bond over random shit, esp if Alex parties, bc Cleo is all about that life. Well, about doing that life responsible. STAY SAFE KIDS

here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] Spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] Spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] Spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] Spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] Spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] Spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

Fenris
Player

October 25th, 2017, 7:38 am #10

kids kids kids kids kids

Abe: axel def at least knows him through mutual friends, though he does want to stomp demetri into the ground so that could be a complicating factor on the two of them actually being friends. i think theyd get along fine mostly tho. i cant decide if artem would think he was funny or if he'd just exhaust him completely since artem takes his writing p serious but also like im imagining them stoned and watching old horror movies and its an appealing image

Alexander: okay normally i do my kids in order but i saw "Depeche Mode love-letter band" and artem lost it so like, you've got a fan at least? maybe a friend too since artem's a big reader. axel at least knows him since he's hel's ex and he probably thinks his band's aight but also like, Band Rivalry

Chris: (obligatory "dante has probs hit on her and im sure that just went GREAT" here) ivy's like "lol gross" but she wouldnt (loudly) talk shit cause she doesnt want to get hit. nia lowkey thinks she's hella cute but probably keeps her distance cause Politics and Justice and Moral Stuff is just not her jam
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] Spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] Spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 25th, 2017, 7:30 pm #11

Now that I have Mercy, I think she and Christine would know each other since Mercy is getting into MMA. They might clash at times but I think they could be friends.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

dmboogie
Winner

October 25th, 2017, 11:25 pm #12

hello yes everyone thanks for dropping your kids off i swear i didnt just abandon them behind a denny's for three months (it was an arby's)
backslash wrote:In addition to the stuff we've talked about with Myles and Abe, Andy and Alex probably have a rivalry-slash-kinda friendship going on due to competing bands. I think Christine could get along with both Dolly and Astor, Dolly for fashion things (Lolita is different from Medieval but Dolly would still be into it) and Astor for politics/social justice things.
This all sounds good! I think Andy/Alex would be more on the "rival" side since I don't see their personalities gelling well, but it'd still be mostly good-natured.

Chris would be super appreciative of Dolly's aesthetic even if it isn't exactly her jam. Their dreams for the future are pretty similar, too; and I can see them meshing well in general. Good Friends, imo. Graffiti is kinda like tattoos in that both are art forms on non-traditional canvases, so I think Chris'd tag along with some of Astor's tagging trips too; in addition to the justice shit.
Empress Plush wrote:Cleo has no fucking patience for Abe and would absolutely fire back if he tried to get a rise out of her. I think she probably had a huuuuuuuuuge crush on Christine at some point but she's super private about her bisexuality and only dates people she feels are okay being low-key about it so I don't think she ever followed up on it other than maybe some awkward flirting.
(did you drop Cleo? I don't see her in your thread - if she's still i'm cool with both of these)
Empress Plush wrote:Blaise finds Christine just ridiculous and probably ridicules her constantly in exaggerated Ren Faire speak that is obviously wrong.
rude
Empress Plush wrote:Hel has a hot and cold relationship with Abe, I'd say, where she wants to get along but he probably pushes her buttons and she needs a breather sometimes? They can be stoner buds but on the other hand she's Sbucks trash soooooooooo. I think she really likes Alexander though. Maybe they dated for a hot minute? I don't think it'd last, especially because I think there'd be some at least internal problematic romanticizing of his blindness within her dysphoric headspace that would make her uncomfortable/ableist even if she doesn't express it and eventually you gotta make way for secret online relationship, but they could still be acquaintances afterwards. She lives in awe of Christine and wishes she had the personality to be like her.
Hell yeah stoner buds - Abe feels contractually obliged to dunk on her for the starsbucks, though. He probably wouldn't deliberately push her buttons much, but he's also a dummo so it'll happen regardless.

I like the idea of her having dated Alex - they've got bandshit and nerdery in common; but yeah it probably wouldn't last too long and Alex has Zero Goddamn Patience for ableist shit - even if it was never explicit, he'd probably pick up on it eventually? I think it might've ended poorly, but at some point afterwards they made up and are at least friendly in the present?

Chris thinks she's cool and is All About collecting weird titles but I don't think they'd be too close.
Empress Plush wrote:Mmmmmmmmmm I feel like Abe has probably said some really bad things to Jeremiah at some point and that bridge is just burned to cinders. I feel like he and Christine could have an interesting relationship? How is she about like, trying to fix people's problems?
Yeah, Abe wouldn't target the guy intentionally; but he's almost certainly made some tone-deaf jokes to him that fucked any chance of them getting along. He feels bad about it, but he's also a piece of shit who doesn't know how to apologize, so that's a non-starter. :V

Chris isn't really the type to try and "fix" people, so she'd probably be nice to Jeremiah but not much more than that.
Empress Plush wrote:Damian also loves Christine and they could be LGBTQA+/social activism buds. I feel like they'd mesh really, really well.
hella lgbtqa+ justice solidarity
Empress Plush wrote:Babs likes Alexander a whole lot and probably trades podcasts with him pretty frequently. She is terrified both of Christine's loud, confident, political personality and the weird fluttery feeling she gets in the pit of her stomach whenever Christine is around that she does not want to explore ever at all till the end of time thank you very much please.
podbros. Pros. Yeah they'd get along well and Alex would respect her a lot for her language studies.

Chris would probably notice Babs's nervousness around her eventually and try to keep it down when she's around, but I think that'd be basically the extent of their relationship.
Somersault wrote:Adele may be sorta writer friends with Abe, but she almost might find him a bit of a dick tee-bee-haitch. But maybe it can work?
He is a bit of a dick but it could probably still work, esp. since he parties and shit too.
Somersault wrote:Cleo and Alexander might maybe bond over random shit, esp if Alex parties, bc Cleo is all about that life. Well, about doing that life responsible. STAY SAFE KIDS
Alex is an incredible stick in the mud so no partying! I could see them getting along but probs not anything too deep?
Fenris wrote:Abe: axel def at least knows him through mutual friends, though he does want to stomp demetri into the ground so that could be a complicating factor on the two of them actually being friends. i think theyd get along fine mostly tho. i cant decide if artem would think he was funny or if he'd just exhaust him completely since artem takes his writing p serious but also like im imagining them stoned and watching old horror movies and its an appealing image
Yeah I don't think Abe and Axel would really be friends, but they're both party people that's probably be alright around each other. Maybe they hooked up at one point too?

abe would probably dunk on artem (not maliciously but maybe past the point of comfort), but i am 10000% percent down for doing the weed and the horror yo
Fenris wrote:Alexander: okay normally i do my kids in order but i saw "Depeche Mode love-letter band" and artem lost it so like, you've got a fan at least? maybe a friend too since artem's a big reader. axel at least knows him since he's hel's ex and he probably thinks his band's aight but also like, Band Rivalry
Yeah I could see them getting along! Alex is always down to talk books with people, and he's also v. not against the ego trip of knowing someone's actually a fan.

They don't have much in common so the extent of his relationship with Axel would probs just be the band rivalry, especially since he hides his love of fantasy novels.
Fenris wrote:Chris: (obligatory "dante has probs hit on her and im sure that just went GREAT" here) ivy's like "lol gross" but she wouldnt (loudly) talk shit cause she doesnt want to get hit. nia lowkey thinks she's hella cute but probably keeps her distance cause Politics and Justice and Moral Stuff is just not her jam
yeah fair
Backslash wrote:Now that I have Mercy, I think she and Christine would know each other since Mercy is getting into MMA. They might clash at times but I think they could be friends.
Chris thinks Mercy is v. cute (and has probably flirted with her at least once) but wouldn't have teased her or anything so I think they could be MMA friends yeah!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

dmboogie
Winner

October 26th, 2017, 4:55 am #13

Double-posting to note that I've updated the OP with every single relationship my characters currently have, so maybe it'll actually be useful now!!!!!!

If you worked something out with me but I didn't write it, please tell me I'm bad so I can fix it.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V6

V5

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

CondorTalon
Player

October 26th, 2017, 5:19 am #14

oh hello yes

Cammy is neither a slacker nor a stoner, but she is super chill and does do weed, so she'd probably be alright with Abe (minus maybe the weird trolly sense of humor). Cammy would also be pretty cool with Alexander as a fellow 'person who does the music'. Sachi kickboxes, which isn't the same as MMA but is probably close enough that she and Chris would be on friendly terms. Dane is just pretty much a jerk to anyone who isn't as rich as he is, so there's potential for enmity there (can't think of anything more specific than that, but yeah).
[+] Spoiler
V6:
G009 - Sandra Dyer - Pot lid - [untitled]
G023 - Jennifer Su - Flashlight - Asymptote
G036 - Nancy Kyle - Hatchet - 不安心

V5:
G024 - Yukiko Sakurai - Weed whacker with circular saw attachment - Sunrise
B048 - Corey Esposito - Swedish Made Penis Enhancement Pump - Something Something Movie Reference

V5 Pregame:
Miriam Castille - "U-Um... well, see... I-I seemed to have misplaced m-my books..." - In Transit - It Was Just A Drink
[+] Spoiler
Felix Rees
Camellia "Cammy" Walker-Grimsley
Sachi Kobayakawa
Dane Lennox
Catherine Zier
Malcolm Hong
Victoria Tran
Bethany Sadler

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 26th, 2017, 5:25 am #15

Aha, I totally forgot Forrest and Abe were a Thing. Andy's going to have some baggage with Abe over that since he's still carrying a torch for Forrest and all.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler