Imehal
Leader

November 24th, 2013, 10:29 pm #11

Two thoughts occurred to Carlon as he observed the continuing discussion between the two girls. One was quite how much effort it took for him not to focus on the fact that there was clearly a gun holstered on Makatala’s person to the exclusion of all else. He was relieved that she had not had to use it yet, but the implication, and reminder, that eventually she might have to hung in the air unspoken but acknowledged.

Only now did it occur to him that his lack of exposure to violence had left him with slight awe when it came to being confronted with weaponry. He knew by explanation and reading that crossbows and guns were dangerous, but until yesterday he had had no real understanding of precisely what that meant. They had all heard the announcements, and he and Alexandria had seen the corpse of Daniel Whitten first hand. They had both seen how easily a life could be taken with the weapons given to them. Yet, when faced with more weaponry, Carlon felt uneasy and certainly sick but that had more to do with the memory of what he had seen rather than being in close proximity with either. Camilla had not even drawn attention to her crossbow despite carrying it in plain sight. Neither of them wanted to harm Alexandria or him with their designated weapons, and Carlon realised that it was for that reason alone that he still felt safe.

The second thought that had sprung to mind was that he still had no idea what Alexandria’s, let alone his own, weapons were. Nothing quite as deadly as a crossbow or gun, he imagined. Nothing that would protect them except without preparation and ingenuity. He slung the bag around his person so that he could open it slowly and in full view of everyone else present in the lobby, then lowered his hand in searching for the heavy metal object that he had only discovered yesterday when treating Alexandria.

Her leg, he realised. It would need examining again today, and he bet that there would be drugs in the hospital that might expedite the healing. His fingers closed around and lifted the combination lock into view, half an eye still on Alexandria and Makatala as they talked. His smile resurfaced at the assertion that she was coping; it was the best anyone could hope for, really. “You’ll have no need to use it here either, and you’re welcome to stay as long as you like.” It was an open and earnest invitation, as much for their benefit as hers. Excepting the guns, this was a normal conversation and gave them a breather – a moment to not think about the named killers that were wandering outside the walls of the hospital.

It was only as an enquiry was made into what had been going on that Carlon realised that there was something he needed to know. A few somethings actually, but he had raised well enough to not want to flood her with questions. “Kam, have you seen Michael? From the book club?” He knew, mercifully, that the other boy had not died, but that only increased the urgency to find him. Though he tried to tell himself that nothing was going to happen to Michael, the list of names that he had memorised only minutes before mocked that very belief.
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
[+] spoiler
[Bernadette Thomas] is reading trashy romance novels in the park.
"Some days I'm built of metal, I can't be broken. But not when I'm with you."
Beginning to End: M1-M2-I-II-G1

[Oliver "Olly" Walton]
"They see what's on the surface, but not what's on my mind."

[Jennifer Miller]
"Give me all you've got, don't hold nothing back. I promise you you're gonna need it."
[+] spoiler
B052: Carlon Wheeler is dead. [Originally belonged to white lancer]
Beginning to End:- ~*~*~*~*~*~
[+] spoiler
Ohm attempts an dropkick at RC
19:00 Zarina throws Ohm off a cliff
19:00 RC turns into a horse
19:01 Ohm crashes to the ground, perplexed by the sudden horse
19:01 Zarina: SOTF in a nutshell
19:01 *** Espi quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

Namira
Mr. Danya

November 25th, 2013, 8:36 pm #12

Other Cammy was asleep, but the other two both had questions for Kam, it seemed. There was a constant battle inside of her not to, in complete absurdity, just break out laughing. Relief? It was relief. Holy shit an almost normal conversation. People that didn't have agendas or insults on their tongues.

Kam didn't laugh though, she listened. There were the questions that she wanted to ask, of course, but she could be polite and answer first. They had plenty of ti- Well. They had some time. Couldn't say plenty when killers were on the loose. Kammy need to focus on searching as much as possible. Maximise her chances.

"Not much, sorry," glancing at Carlon, she shook her head. "No. I've only seen Eliza Patton and Madeline, you know... that quiet girl. It's been frustrating. A little lonely. I've been on the east side, that sort've farm area on the map. I guess it's good nobody has been out for blood, but... it has made me feel like I haven't made a lot of headway."

She rolled her shoulder for a moment. Her hand unconsciously brushed the gun again. "I don't know. I wish that it wasn't something that I had to be concerned about..." Kam's eyes lowered to the floor, then back up to the other two.

"Ah... anyhow. Thanks for the offer. I'll be upfront with you guys though, I'd love to stick around but... well. I'm looking for Michelle, my girlfriend. It'd be great if you knew anything about her but if not, and if you aren't willing to come along with me, then I'll make my own way," she held up a hand. "Not saying that I wouldn't appreciate the company, but I can't just sit around waiting when she might be in danger. That's priority one, you know? I just can't let anything get in the way of that."

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

KamiKaze
Winner

November 25th, 2013, 9:51 pm #13

"Eliza?" Alex asked.

If she didn't run into trouble, then what happened with Eliza? Did Eliza hurt her? If she didn't, why? Eliza was on the announcement, so that meant she was killing. Did Kam narrowly escape her? Carlon had asked about Michael, which she said she hadn't seen.

"What happened with Eliza?" she asked, a frown forming on her face.

One thing she couldn't help but notice was that Kam's hand seemed to brush her gun. Alex's eyes slightly narrowed. It was on her mind, wasn't it? She was thinking about using it, but she was hesitating. It was definitely on her mind, using it. Alex's eyes narrowed in thought, trying to decipher her.

Oh, she was looking for someone? Michelle, was it? Michelle was the swim captain was she?

"No, we haven't", Alex shook her head.

Wait, anything?

Maybe hyperbole. Like "I'd do anything for a friend". But "anything" didn't really have good connotations here. Would Kam really do "anything"?

Alex felt herself tense up further, as the grip tightened significantly on the crutch. It was the closest thing she had to a weapon if she tried something. Maybe she was just being suspicious, but it didn't feel right to her.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Imehal
Leader

November 25th, 2013, 11:44 pm #14

Perhaps it had been hopeful to expect anything, but Carlon felt the disappointment regardless as it was relayed that the newcomer had no news of Michael. After the past few days, he just wanted to find some friends and try and muddle through by taking each day as it came. The reassertion that not everyone wanted to follow that course of action weakened his smile, but how could he hope to understand what she had been through so far on the island? How could any one of them hope to try and comprehend what this place had done to some of their classmates? He hoped that they could find a way to reach a peaceful existence before everything that they had been unravelled, and left nothing behind but the belief that the only way to survive was to play the game.

He stepped closer to Alexandria, noting the tightened grip on the crutch. Had her pain worsened? He gestured for her to sit down, whilst frowning discontentedly at the lack of immediate help they could give to Makatala on her mission to find her girlfriend. “I don’t believe for a second that any of you are dangerous, weaponry aside, but that does not mean you won’t come across someone who means you harm. You might have to set the pace a little slower, given Alexandria’s injury, but as long as we find safe places to rest I think it is better to stick together. Does that sound good to you?”

He included Camilla in that statement, glancing down at the sleeping girl as he marvelled how well she had slept considering where she was and what was going on around them. At this point in their lives, it was as much about being able to feel safe around the people you were with as it was about being yourself. So far, neither of the newcomers had given him reason to doubt their sincerity. Alexandria had worried him last night, but Carlon was certain that all it would take was a conversation to set aside any anxieties about what she exactly she had meant last night.
[+] spoiler

[Oliver "Olly" Walton]

[Jennifer Miller]
"Give me all you've got, don't hold nothing back. I promise you you're gonna need it."
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

November 26th, 2013, 1:24 am #15

Kammy hesitated for a second. Right. Yeah. For all she'd been looking back at her time searching for Michelle, she'd been trying not to think about what might have triggered Eliza off. What she had that set her apart from the other familiar names amongst the living and the dead (and christ it felt awful to just refer to people as 'the dead') was that Kam had met her on the island. She'd been... bitchy, sure, but lethal? With intentions to kill? Kammy didn't know how you even began to look for that.

"Eliza... she came into a barn I was searching. We spoke a little, but she wasn't like, aggressive, or anything. Unfriendly, at worst."

Her shoulders slumped a little when Alex said she didn't know anything. Maybe other Cammy... but she was asleep and Kam didn't want to just barge over and wake her up. Kam needed to rest too. She could take a break and then ask the other girl when she got up. It seemed like a decent enough plan.

Flashing Carlon a smile, Makatala finally came over properly, so they weren't having a conversation from that awkward spot where you couldn't quite just talk, you sort've had to call out a bit.

"Like I said, I could use the company... and if nothing else, strength in numbers, right? I'd much rather scare someone off cause we're in a foursome than have to make threats," her face fell, slightly. "Or have to follow through on threats. Christ this is messed up..."

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]

KamiKaze
Winner

November 26th, 2013, 1:44 am #16

Carlon had gestured for her to sit down, but Alex didn't need to. Her leg still hurt, but it wasn't that bad. It wasn't her leg that was tensing her up, after all. He had invited Kam into the group, and while Alex would normally let that happen, something still made her wonder about Kam.

It seemed as if Eliza wasn't threatening, but was unfriendly. Interesting. Well, then. Perhaps Eliza was showing certain early signs, like she had killing on her mind, but didn't find a spot to kill. It was possible, at least. Very possible, indeed.

Wait a sec... did she just talk about threatening people?

Did she do that a lot?

Didn't help she mentioned following through.

Alex's face slightly changed as she asked, her voice turning quiet:

"And have you been threatening people?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] spoiler

Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.

....?
[+] spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Imehal
Leader

November 26th, 2013, 3:31 pm #17

The idea of threatening people was distasteful, but Carlon was not naive enough to expect the mere appearance of force to scare off those who had proven a penchant for violence since waking up on the island for whatever reason. The potential to make good on those threats had not occurred to him until Makatala had declared it a possibility, his attention shifting to Alexandria as he finally realised that perhaps it was not her leg that had invoked the change in her demeanour. Questions of morality and justice and the niggling feeling that something was not quite right resurfaced. For the first time Carlon found himself eyeing the gun at Makatala’s side, shaking his head slowly at the insinuation that threats had been made. Hadn’t she already said that she had not had to use the gun yet?

“Alexandria,” he started haltingly, smile all but gone. He was still stood beside her, and now not too faraway from Makatala since she had moved to continue their discussion at a conversational volume. “She said earlier that she has not used the gun before. She’s just looking for information about her... girlfriend.”

He had not commented earlier when Makatala had mentioned who she was looking for, not because he had had no information (but that was true too) but because his throat had gone stubbornly dry. Carlon swallowed hard, stiffening ever so slightly as he tried to tell himself that a person’s sexuality really should not matter to him, but he found that now he could not meet the other girl’s eye.

It did matter, but rather than voice his discomfort, Carlon looked away to Alexandria – deflected his attention as had worked so well so far on the island – into her and her wellbeing. “You should sit down,” he said, his voice placating and soft in tone.
[+] spoiler

[Oliver "Olly" Walton]

[Jennifer Miller]
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

November 26th, 2013, 4:26 pm #18

Kam's head tilted to the side. There was an obvious... edge in the question from Alex. It was pointed, probing. Not quite an accusation but near enough to make her hesitate for a second time before shaking her head. Kammy wasn't totally sure how to respond. The straightforward response was that no, she hadn't threatened anyone, because it was true. The more complicated specifics were that she hadn't threatened anyone because it hadn't been necessary. Really, she didn't like thinking about that type of possibility - on the other hand, ignore the possibility and then what would happen?

She opted for the full truth. "I haven't needed to," Kammy looked down at the gun. She still wasn't used to its weight on her hip, and the conversation wasn't doing much to make her forget about it. "If I had to, I would, but yeah, I'm not going around brandishing the thing, I just... it pays to be careful. Lot of killers out there. I can't look after someone I care about if I can't look after myself, first."

Kam was beginning to feel uncomfortable. It was probably saying all of this out loud. She'd thought an awful lot of it but hadn't actually vocalised until just now. It was a very harsh reality, and seeing the response of the other two was making it clear enough that they found it unpalatable. What was she supposed to do if attacked though? Just run? That didn't sit too well with her. In any case, better to be upfront than lie, otherwise, if Kam DID start travelling with these guys, how'd they react to her being aggressive?

Carlon was being a little off too. He wasn't looking straight at her, as if Kammy had said something that he found difficult to swallow. But then... oh. Oh.

Yeah. The slight hesitation when he'd referred to Michelle, and the sudden cooling in his demeanour. Kam didn't let it show on her face, but inwardly it felt like a punch to the gut. Even someplace like this and she couldn't get away from people having a problem. Urgh. Whatever. More important things to worry about, and it wasn't like Carlon had openly insulted her. Just gone a bit... unsettled.

Even so, it was starting to seem like striking out on her own again might not be such a bad idea. Hopefully this, in both cases, was just a slight hiccup and they could stick together. Four heads were better than one. Maybe other Cammy would smooth things over when she woke up.

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

KamiKaze
Winner

November 27th, 2013, 10:01 pm #19

Carlon had reminded her that she said she hadn't used it, and was just looking for information on Michelle. Alex frowned harder. She was blatantly going on about the idea of threatening people with guns. Just because she hadn't used it for that intended purpose yet didn't mean she wasn't thinking about it.

"Shhhh", she said to Carlon.

Her leg was fine. It still hurt, but she still felt like standing. Well, more like standing emotionally. It felt a bit like her leg was going to collapse underneath her if someone took the crutch away. But that wasn't what she needed right now.

What she needed was to know if Kam was safe. If she wasn't, it wouldn't just be her. It would be Carlon, and other Cammy. It would be everyone else still alive. She failed to save Daniel from Hansel, wasn't able to find Chuck or Jason, and was forced to watch Davidge get shot to pieces. She couldn't live with herself if she couldn't stop one person. One person. The less players there were, the better.

If it meant getting everyone she could off the island, it meant a bit of sacrifice.

Kam had looked uncomfortable at her question. Alex wanted to probe further.

"So what you are saying is, you haven't found a chance, but you would if you could?"

Her voice still came out quiet.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
[+] spoiler

....?
[+] spoiler

- Chat
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

-KamiKaze

Imehal
Leader

November 28th, 2013, 12:45 am #20

The idea of threatening people was distasteful, but Carlon was not naive enough to expect the mere appearance of force to scare off those who had proven a penchant for violence since waking up on the island for whatever reason. The potential to make good on those threats had not occurred to him until Makatala had declared it a possibility, his attention shifting to Alexandria as he finally realised that perhaps it was not her leg that had invoked the change in her demeanour. Questions of morality and justice and the niggling feeling that something was not quite right resurfaced. For the first time Carlon found himself eyeing the gun at Makatala’s side, shaking his head slowly at the insinuation that threats had been made. Hadn’t she already said that she had not had to use the gun yet?

“Alexandria,” he started haltingly, smile all but gone. He was still stood beside her, and now not too faraway from Makatala since she had moved to continue their discussion at a conversational volume. “She said earlier that she has not used the gun before. She’s just looking for information about her... girlfriend.”

He had not commented earlier when Makatala had mentioned who she was looking for, not because he had had no information (but that was true too) but because his throat had gone stubbornly dry. Carlon swallowed hard, stiffening ever so slightly as he tried to tell himself that a person’s sexuality really should not matter to him, but he found that now he could not meet the other girl’s eye.

It did matter, but rather than voice his discomfort, Carlon looked away to Alexandria – deflected his attention as had worked so well so far on the island – into her and her wellbeing. “You should sit down,” he said, his voice placating and soft in tone.
[+] spoiler

[Oliver "Olly" Walton]

[Jennifer Miller]
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler