D/N
Contender

September 24th, 2017, 5:07 am #226

Alright let's knock this out with Harry Constantine!

Harry hunches over like a bird, has ADHD, his mother died of AIDS from a contaminated needle, wants to be a Buddhist Monk, and is a master of Northern Long Arm Kung Fu and Choy Li Fat Drunken Boxing. He's also on the swim team, a social mid-ranker, and enjoys Magic the Gathering. That's all fine for v2, so moving on!

No pre-game. On-island, he wakes up, decides he'll never kill, kills a mosquito offhandedly which makes me chuckle a bit, and curses Danya and the sky before walking off.

He arrives into a fight, of course. Or the aftermath of one. Bryan Calvert's the only one left. Harry wonders why the hell everyone's fighting each other while the terrorists are the real villains.

Harry, as Rugga has said plenty of times in chat.... you're going to find out very quickly that you're in the wrong version, my friend.

So Harry tells Bryan to drop his shotty, that doesn't work and he takes cover behind a dumpster while trying to sell Bryan on the benefits of teaming up to escape. Bryan ain't hearing it. They have a standoff while keeping cover and I like how Harry is believably nervous and freaked out while trying to put up a brave front and also getting pissy that Bryan's not listening to reason. Bryan ends up taking off.
wrote:o be entirely honest, Harry was a little angry that the whole episode. Maybe if he'd handled it better, Harry and Mr. Sunshine would have been allies. Then again, Mr Sunshine seemed to be a tad on the psychotic side.
You're not bad, Harry.

He comes across Caitlin Evans poking a corpse and is suitably disgusted at what's going on and the whole damn situation. So he leaves, and that was definitely a pointless thread but we get to have Harry at least use this brief situation to reconfirm his desire to actually band together a group of non-players and try to escape.

Caitlin proceeds to spontaneously combust. Sigh.

Harry moves along and predates The Belko Experiment by a decade by wondering why Danya didn't pick an office building. Endless_Helix outta sue. He sees Mary-Anne Robinson by the river, greets her poorly, and she freaks out with a lot of overwritten reactions, but all she actually says is "You gonna shoot me huh?" and Harry goes into an out-of-nowhere rant about her and everything before pointing his gun at her. That... I like Harry and understand he's stressed but that doesn't work for me. She charges at him, he is distracted by her cleavage (DAMNIT V2) but manages to shoot her in the stomach. And... OK despite that there is a long loooooong drawn-out fight scene that I'm not going to fully transcribe except to note the following:
- Harry accidentally grabs her boob (DAMNIT AGAIN V2)
- In all the teeming multitudes of songposts from v1-v4 I've come across, Harry's Offspring songpost in the middle of the fight might be the most pointless one yet
- Harry does note how much this sucks and how the game's gotten to him and he's not really better than anyone else, and that's still good.

Finally Harry shoots her, buries her, and angsts a lot about what he's done. So a brief note about this... Harry and his actual conscience is absolutely a breath of fresh air, but him getting this kill doesn't go down right. Maybe it's just too soon for his character. More likely it's that he instigated the whole fucking thing with his ranting and screaming and threatening first, which made no sense for him to be doing in the first place. It read as an artificial way for him to score a kill and get some character development in, but it's over and done with now and we'll see where Harry goes from here.

He walks through the forest, sad about his kill and contemplating what it might be like to head to the cliffs and end it all, where a girl named Lani is throwing a knife at a tree. They converse and she is way artificially articulate for my liking, and Harry is tired from not having slept. Hey, realism! After some chit-chat Lani goes inactive for a bit so we rush to the announcement and Harry takes off. Lani's handler comes back just in time... to have her collar detonate and kill her anyway. Sigh again. That was pointless but not too bad. Harry is sad and that's rare enough for v2 that I can't help but respect him.

To the lighthouse! Maggie Heartgreeder, Blake Ross, and oh boy Garry Dodd open up the thread. Maggie's barricaded herself inside. Blake smashes the barricade down for no real reason. Garry lurks. Harry sees Blake and thinks he's dumb. Maggie tends to Blake (why barricade in the first place if you're gonna be nice to the guy who breaks through it?) while Harry runs into Garry and his knife, who plots to maybe kill Harry and everyone but instead invites him in because he wants to keep low-key. This isn't a bad scene, really. Blake's got a dislocated shoulder from his dumb smashing and Harry enters the lighthouse both wary and concerned, which fits for his character. None of these four really trust each other and it's kind of a slow-burn thing that we haven't seen much in v2. They pop Blake's arm back into place...

or rather Harry doesn't because he's gone inactive and disappears. Like, doesn't even have an exit post from the thread. Zilya Mercharrsiov shows up and everyone eventually leaves with no more mention of Harry.

AAAAAAAAAATRHGH

So that sucked.

Harry's picked up by Cyco and enters Bryan and Tori's scene after Bryan picks up his BKA from terrorist principal Steven Wilson. Not a good sign for Harry's long-term prospects, that. He at least stays somewhat recognizable, and I can understand him reflexively shooting at Bryan given his earlier encounter and the latent guilt he's been feeling about everything, even it's an obvious way for Harry to be the instigator in the fight that'll lead to his demise.

They both shoot at each other and take cover behind rocks in the shallow water and call out some insults. Eventually Bryan and Tori go underwater when Harry comes around their rock, only for Bryan to pop up all Schwarzenegger-style and shoot Harry dead. It's not the best and not the worst fight scene you'll read in v2 or SOTF.

So overall, yeah I do recommend Harry just for the sheer uniqueness of an actual kid who wants to be heroic and escape in v2. Not everything works, that's for damn sure. But he's competently written the whole way through and has an arc, even if his inactiveness just when I was liking a scene was deadly frustrating, and his death turned him into fodder a bit more than he deserved. But that's the breaks.

v6!
G058: Kaitlyn Greene aka Katy Buried - Horse Tranquilizer and Syringe
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - Replica Freddy Glove - DECEASED
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-
B023: Jesse Jennings - Riz Action Figure - DECEASED
From Vision to Glory -Vision--Summon--Time--Plan--Length--Sleep--Cause-

v4!
B006: Ricky Fortino - Trowel - DECEASED
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - Remington 870 - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - VASE D: - DECEASED
G077: Andrea Raymer - Gunpowder - ?????

Bowser
Survivor

October 4th, 2017, 12:55 am #227

Ngl the main reason I've taken so long to do this is because I've been struggling to do a thread by thread write up that wasn't trash. So instead of doing that I'll give a quick overview of Robby boy since I feel he at least deserved that since overall he's a strong read, however there are a few things that hold him back from being truly great.

One of the strongest things about Rob is his voice. Ares overall has a great sense of who the kid is and delivers on it excellently. In almost every scene he's in Robert is able to either carry it on his own or improve it greatly just by being there. It doesn't hurt that he's with another strong character in Matthew as well for the majority of his stay on the island. The two bounce off of each other greatly and while I honestly hated the duo at first their development together was extremely strong and I couldn't help but to root for the two of them to make it out even though I already knew they'd take the fall sooner or later. However that doesn't mean it was all great. Matthew at the beginning had me rolling my eyes constantly and it wasn't until Cold Cash and Colder Hearts that I actually really began to like the duo. Maybe it's my own distaste for stereotypical pothead characters mixed with the fact that it took the two awhile for them to even begin to like each other that made me not care for the two of them together, but the entire time I read Robert's story until this point I was just hoping Matthew would bite the dust or Rob would ditch him. Thankfully though the former didn't happen for a while though and the latter didn't at all, so I was able to see them actually get to the point where they were actually good.

However early game Matthew isn't the only issue Robert's plot faced. One of my biggest complaints is how often Ares would have his other characters just walk into scenes involving Rob just so they can die around him because idk reasons. Like for example in the aforementioned Cold Cash and Colder Hearts Rob gets high and wanders off and one of Ares' other kids, Steve, wanders in so Matthew can slit his throat. Thread before this one Kyle gets murdered right in front of Rob and the way the scene plays out and what follows makes it feel like Robert could of been removed from the entire scene and nothing would of changes, and when they return to said thread after Cold Cash and Colder Hearts Rob just ends up killing Sarah Dao as soon as Ares gains control of her. The same issues arises with Matthew and Baby_G's other characters as well, where they feel like they only exist to die around the duo. In fact out of all of Matthew and Robert's kills only two from a different handlers. The rest are kids directly controlled by the two of them. The entire time I read through their story I couldn't help but wish that I'd see any other username besides just Baby_G and Ares. Thankfully later on (When they begin to run out of characters) this issue goes away, but it's still not something I was fond of.

Thankfully though aside from some uh... Very 2000s dialogue choices (Seriously who even speaks like this?) and a lot of underreactions to running into death Robert's story is one I can recommend wholeheartedly. There's a lot of great stuff to him, and it's obvious Ares put a lot of effort into making Rob work in the end. It's actually a little shocking to me that despite making it to 9th freaking place Rob doesn't have a single write up in his wiki page's "Your thoughts" section which I don't really think is fair. He's a good read, and if you're at all curious I would 100% recommend him.

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

October 5th, 2017, 10:02 pm #228

Thank you for your service, Bowser! Rob is kind of a long read.

Update: The list on page one now has the kids' names linked to their corresponding reviews. You can get to any review just from the first post. Re-live the nightmare all over again without having to search through 16 pages for the review you want.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] Spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] Spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

October 31st, 2017, 9:10 am #229

Here’s a doc I made containing my live thoughts as I went through Stephanie. Feel free to see my total confusion first hand.

So… Stephanie isn’t really a good character. At all. Although it looks from her initial one-shot that she’s going to be some decent (if… one note, there wasn’t really a lot of depth as to how she was being portrayed) manipulator type, subsequent threads essentially throw that and any sense of consistency out the window as she keeps suddenly changing between “person who wants to manipulate the competition so she can win,” “insane psycho who randomly rushes at and attacks people,” and “deeply remorseful person who just wants to die” with no real reason as to when and why these switches happen, sometimes changing and then declaring that those changes are a lie as a way of manipulating herself multiple times within the same post. I could buy and even possibly like this idea if there was an explanation as to why Stephanie keeps doing this, but the reader never really does get an answer for why Stephanie acts this way, and her death scene - particularly the reasons as to why she suddenly kills herself - just ended up leaving me totally confused as to why Stephanie did that, and as to why overall Stephanie seemingly had no consistency to her character.

It looks like I’m out of the read-a-thon with this one, although if anyone thinks that they’re not going to read their kid then they can give them to me. I’m fine with adding more onto my plate.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

November 1st, 2017, 12:14 am #230

RING RING, RING RING,

Boogie has given up his twin, I forget which, to Yugi who will now do her read.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.

17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom SO WORTH IT

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2017, 8:30 am #231

wrote:Yugikun, the Ultimate Ho - Today at 7:26 PM
"Problems began to occur when Matt was looking for more of a physical aspect in the relationship. Deliah was terrified of losing any affection she felt she worked so hard for, and so she gave her virginity to her sweet boyfriend.

It's currently been three months, and Deliah spends a lot of her time crying now. She still hasn't told Matt that she's carrying his child."
ohhhhhhh boy
"Age: 14" OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY
the end begins
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2017, 10:20 am #232

[+] Spoiler
wrote:What's planned for her, however, may shake up the school and possibly add a crazy twist for V2.
This is a sentence that's stated in Deliah's first… thread? It's less a thread more a bunch of random information Chase gives that repeats stuff that should have been in the profile and looks a bit like a TV advertisement for Deliah but oh well, I guess given V2 there's some justification as to why it's there. The main thing that caught me here was the bit that I just quoted above, where its stated that the stuff planned for her “may shake up the school and possibly add a crazy twist for V2.”

Hmm, I wonder what sort of “crazy twist” could come from a 14 year old who is explicitly stated to be secretly pregnant?

I dunno. I guess she’s gonna be the next big hero? Doesn’t matter. Carrying on.

So the thread that Deliah first appears in can… probably just be skipped because it doesn’t really have any impact towards her story whatsoever. Two Mitsuko characters are having a standoff, she appears and goes through some Day 1 motions and then THE GOSSIP KING comes in and decides what he’s going to do on this island from here on out.
wrote:The boy did have feelings for the populars, the people who've stood by him. They didn't deserve a death as gory as what he did to Brittany. They didn't deserve a to be bruttaly killed like the losers and nerds out there. Paris thought about this while nervously looking around waiting for something to happen as he would take refuge at a park.

Paris made up his mind, the next time he encounters someone that is popular he will give them a honorable death. He wasn't quite sure what an honorable death consited of or how it was accomplished. Maybe he should have payed more attention in history class. But definatly he would respect the fact a persons popular by the way he killed them. Sure it was sad, but he had to in order to survive. He had no other choice. That philosophy kept repeating inside his head over and over.
wrote:If he had the chance to kill this boy he would die the unpopular way. He obviously wasn't popular and dosn't deserve a clean or honorable death.
Truly, Paris Persephone is a well-developed character with multiple dimensions behind him.

But we’re not talking about him, we’re talking about Deliah, and she… doesn’t do much. Once things start happening she just backs off and leaves the thread. Admittedly, the writing’s good - this would pass in V4-V6 no problem, although for someone who’s going to add a crazy twist to V2 she hasn’t done all that much so far. Like, there’s nothing for me to really poke fun about - because seriously, the writing is actually quite good for typical V2 standards - but there’s not a lot for me to reccommend her on at this point since there’s… no real plot attachment and progression. That’s probably gonna change though, she’s entering another thread and-
”her second thread’s title” wrote:Rain on Me; Tradgedy with the Twins
Oh, a tradgedy? That sounds interesting. Maybe now we can finally figure out what CRAZY TWIST Deliah is supposed to add to V2, and how this is going to SHAKE UP THE SCHOOL. im so excited u gaiz

So the thread starts out with the Dollop twins (the first twins to EVER be written by different people, despite the fact that it happened in V1 but for whatever reason that doesn’t count?) having their reunion. It’s… nothing special, a bunch of things I’ve already seen before in SotF, but this thread advertised tradgedy, I’m sure that something’s gonna happen her-
wrote:Trying to hold on to Debrah became too strained, and she let her arms wrap around her stomach as she fell onto her side in the mud.

"Oh god," she cried, feeling sick and exasperated while her breathing stayed shallow and her body kept shaking.

"Debrah, it hurts, oh god it hurts!"

Deliah felt her body start to move against her, as she willed herself to calm down she felt something between her legs, like excrement of some sort squeezing itself from the wrong hole. What had just happened? Had she had a seizure?

She couldn't feel anything but pain and the substance between her legs sliding down and falling onto the mud in the rain. Even though she couldn't manage it, she felt a certain shame for not being able to keep herself together like her sister seemed to have.

"What's happening?" she cried, afraid to look down at herself, still lying in the mud with the rain pouring upon her.
…

…

Oh.

So, uh, this is what the crazy twist is, huh.

…

…
wrote:Her legs wide open as she found herself on her back, she tried to lift her body to see what had come out, worst fears surfacing upon seeing a bloody –well, she couldn’t describe it as human yet—thing connected to her by a veiny cord.

It lay still, in the mud, being pummeled by rain and Deliah could only stare at it in disgust. Her mouth opened wide and she let out a gasp of horror once she was able to finally put two and two together. In front of her was her baby. Not moving, pale and skin almost paper thin, connected to her body, no longer alive.

“No,” she choked on her words, “No….”
wrote:The King of Gossip - Today at 8:03 PM
a
fmowf
oemfw
mfow
fmowfm
ofmwf
qomeq
oqemoq
amfw
mwfw
is it gone yet

Yugikun, the Ultimate Ho - Today at 8:03 PM
IF I HAVE TO READ THIS

The Ohm - Today at 8:03 PM
Still see it

The King of Gossip - Today at 8:03 PM
yugi i JUST read it

Yugikun, the Ultimate Ho - Today at 8:03 PM
YOU HAVE TO READ THIS TOO

i am

Brackie - Today at 8:03 PM
oh dear

not inflicting it
on anyone else

I'm going to uh

Aura? - Today at 8:03 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hope and pray that
nothing else happens to it

Aura? - Today at 8:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I ALREADY HAD TO READ THIS ONCE
So…

This is… definately a thing that happens, but the writing is actually still good! Like, take this particular section:
wrote:She kept telling herself that it was her own fault, that she couldn’t protect him—she always wanted a boy to name Jeffrey, and though she didn’t know what the baby would’ve been, she thought it safe to call it what she wanted regardless—and she began to sob harder as she brought her knees up to surround the fetus in her arms.
Like, yeah, it’s not the best writing I’ve ever seen but there’s good stuff here and in other places! It sorta reveals a bit about the character (what she would have named the baby) and shows what Deliah’s emotional state is at the current moment (denial, showed by her stating of how she’d call the child what she wanted to call it). Chase is a pretty competent/good writer, and although this scene is definitely supposed to be for shock value and adding a CRAZY TWIST to V2 I’m sure that now that this is done Deliah can continue showing that general quality, right?

Right??
wrote:Debrah couldn’t believe the sight before her. Deliah holding her unborn child close to her, whispering sweet nothings into it’s under developed ear. Something in Debrah’s mind broke at that moment.

YOU PROMISED, YOU PROMISED, YOU PROMISED!

Debrah! Calm down!

BITCH! WHORE! SLUT! YOU NEVER LOVED ME!
wrote:The makeup which once made her so beautiful ran down her face, she was no less of a heartless monster than any other person on this earth.
(yeah deliah, how fucking dare you think about the miscarriage you just had over me, you fucking bitch)
wrote:Bent over, hovering, trying to protect the dead mess in her arms from the pummeling water, Deliah whispered once more to it.

"I'm sorry."

The axe didn't cut all the way through her head. There was a flap of her skin in the front that let her head swing downward. It slammed into the fetus, bleeding profusely from the back, mixing with rainwater onto her shirt.

Deliah's unborn child was dropped onto the ground from her lifeless hands, blood pouring into the mud as she collapsed forward, smashing the fetus into the soft mud.
wrote:GIRL #52, DELIAH DOLLOP - DEAD
Oh.

Well.

Now that its done it’s… pretty clear that Deliah’s story exists only for the shock value of the miscarriage and to add a CRAZY TWIST that would SHAKE UP THE SCHOOL. She does nothing of note in her first thread and the entirety of her second/death thread focuses around her miscarriage and the way both sisters react to it, which… honestly sorta sucks and reeks of wasted potential. Deliah wasn’t really the best character by any means but the writing to her was still pretty good - as I said, could very easily be seen in the latter three main versions - so the fact that that potential for something good was squandered just so that Chase could add a CRAZY TWIST just sorta really irks me as a writer, and given the… honestly sorta disgusting content of the thread and the fact that nothing else happens other than that the good writing is sorta overshadowed, and I honestly can’t really recommend her. Better than three of the five people I’ve read, but that doesn’t mean good or worthy of reading in her own right.
So… that’s it. I’m out of the read-a-thon now. Of course I’m absolutely free to take anyone else's characters if you don’t want to take them anymore but for now, I’m free! Final rankings for the V2 characters I read are:

Laura Diesen (C Tier - Characters I like, but have major flaws marring their story) > Deliah Dollop (D+ Tier - Characters who could have been good, but who I feel squandered or didn’t live up to their potential) > Jaime Dibenidetti (D- Tier - The Apathy Zone) > Walter Smith (E Tier - Characters I Dislike) > Stephanie Crew (E Tier)

But other than that…
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

November 14th, 2017, 2:43 am #233

EVERYONE STOP.....announcement

Mara is trading in his character to a total newbie that definitely didn't win V2 who would like to read him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qatIhuyyDV4

Cyco: Garry Dodd

Enjoy
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

November 14th, 2017, 6:32 pm #234

Let it be known that Kotori has traded Ricky Callahan to Naft in exchange for his soul. What happens with the rest of the transaction is between you and your maker, Brandon Nafterson.

NAFT: Ricky Callahan
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

SansaSaver
Player

November 14th, 2017, 10:24 pm #235

Can I trade back my kid? He was proving a lil' too dark for me ;-;
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] Spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel
G026 ? Hazel Jung ? Adopted by Ruggahissy
B027 ? Oskar Pearce ? Adopted by NAFT

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

November 14th, 2017, 10:27 pm #236

I'll take Sansa's kid.
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

November 15th, 2017, 12:12 am #237

This is the darkness version. Maybe I should have put a warning on the first post, but I was younger, more innocent then. I basically didn't know anything about V2. Now I have an "Answer" commemorative key chain.

SUBSTITUTION

Yugi: Felix Travertil
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Kermit
Contender

November 15th, 2017, 12:24 am #238

OMG can I have a Burton keychain!?
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy
[+] Spoiler
V1 art!

v2 art ;~;
Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

November 15th, 2017, 12:28 am #239

Don't say I don't do things for you

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Kermit
Contender

November 15th, 2017, 12:34 am #240

thank u v-key i will be sure to add u to my new keychain
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy
[+] Spoiler
V1 art!

v2 art ;~;
Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?