Adjective: John Davies
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] Spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] Spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Fenris
Player

August 27th, 2017, 8:57 pm #137

I GOT THE EXPLODING GIRL

Caitlin Evans has a really long profile which seems irrelevant since i know she explodes in her first thread but i'm gonna read it anyway. her profile isn't actually bad at all, she's basically a smart hippie kid who's a social outcast due to her low economic status and her lack of interest in Conformity. it's kind of heavy handed but it works fine.

now let's watch her explode

she only has one thread, in which she explodes. clarification: she gets one post, and then her second post is basically just her exploding. the one post is very long and kind of confusing but basically she finds a corpse and pokes it with a stick. she's apparently already desensitized to SotF despite this being her first post. then she- you know what i'm just going to post the whole thing i can't say anything to make this better
[+] Spoiler
Caitlin was about to answer her visitors as she went towards them she tripped and fell on her knee.

"Motherfucker..."

Just then, however, with a blinding flash and a thunderous boom, she exploded in chemical burst, splattering gore across the cliffs. Most of the SOTF viewers believed the student was mentally unstable, and had strapped a bomb to her back and was saying goodbye to her life after being confronted with death and the blew herself to smithereens. However, this was entirely false.

You see, a small chemical reaction had begun in her lower intestine, where several chemical compounds ingested with food had combined. While alone, these chemicals are not dangerous. However, when mixed, they formed into a highly volatile chemical gas. Due to a minor disorder of the small intestine, the compound was sent into her stomach, where it further mixed with stomach acid, creating an even more volatile substance.

When he fell on her knee, she inadvertently swallowed some air. It traveled to the stomach, where it set off the gas in a large explosion.

Naturally, the probably of any of this happening is so remote that you need not lose any sleep over it. However it was weird enough to no doubt put some surprised face to the people at the Cliff's.

CAITLIN EVANS-ELIMINATED
yeah. that happened!

final thoughts/tl;dr: this is not long enough to need a tl;dr. anyway the only part of Caitlyn that you need to read is the part i just posted. you're welcome. oh and she has one good line when she finds her weapon and goes “Non-fatal, unless of course I was a member of the LAPD...” which actually works really well for a political hippie chick. basically the character had some potential but nothing happens with it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

another!!
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] Spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] Spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 27th, 2017, 9:00 pm #138

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.

17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom SO WORTH IT

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

August 27th, 2017, 9:12 pm #139

So Elizabeth Ebert was... unusual.

Her bio describes her as an extremely sheltered girl from a very conservative family who thinks that pretty much anything will corrupt her if she is exposed to it. However, she watches SOTF at her friend's house and it becomes her favorite show. She takes a particular liking to Adam Dodd, and hopes to meet the "actor" who plays him. Nothing too out of the ordinary, I guess.

Then she gets on the island, and realizes that she's in SOTF. However, instead of panicking, she thinks about how awesome it is that she's on her favorite show. She sees some corpses and thinks that they're mannequins. She handles her gun and thinks that it's a prop. Even worse, when Penelope Withers panics and charges her with a mace, she thinks that she's interrupting a scene and decides to improvise by pointing her gun at Penelope. This leads to Penelope getting shot and dying, and it's only then that Beth realizes what is going on.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Beth comes off as an utter moron with no common sense to speak of for her first two threads.

Her third thread is spent in full freakout mode as she tries to come to terms with the fact that she killed someone and is actually in a life-or-death situation, then she goes inactive and ends up as a footnote in one of Mariavel's killing sprees, showing up and dying over the course of a single paragraph at the end of the thread.

The best way I can describe Beth is... weird. She has very little content for a character that reached the Final 10, and what she has isn't particularly good in my eyes. You might like her if you enjoy oddball characters, but I wasn't a fan.

Another character, if you please.

[+] Spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

Skraal
Player
Skraal
Player

August 27th, 2017, 9:32 pm #140

As an aside before we start, I really like Narfinkool’s avatar. It looks pretty cool and I think it really fits the tone of the scenes he is in, as well as the edginess that characterizes a lot of V2.

Russ’ first post is written in present tense. It’s a little difficult to read, but the grammar and prose are much easier to read than other character affected by the same problem, so it’s not as bad as it could have been. He soon corrects this problem, thankfully, and begins writing in past tense like everyone else, with only occasional slips back into present.

One thing that I don’t like is that he signals that a character is dreaming not through the narrative, but through OOC tags. It really breaks the immersion, and is kind of unnecessary, since most readers would easily be able to tell when the dream in question begins and ends.

His handler is a pretty inexperienced writer, and it shows, but his work is far from unreadable. I really liked that Russ’ narrative showed him to be a fairly ordinary guy, albeit with some anger issues. The backstory of abuse adds almost nothing to the character, but I would prefer that to seeing him use it as an excuse to turn into a psychopathic slasher villain, as has happened with several other characters in this version.

We then come to an interesting scene while a shotgun-wielding Russ stands between Franco Sebberts and Marvin Hendrick, as both try to convince him to kill the other guy. After brief consideration, Russ accepts, on the basis of Franco’s spurious logic, that Marvin has gone insane and is going to kill them both. This poor judgement, while a little confusing, makes sense coming from Russ, whose profile notes that he’s not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. The two of them make short work of Marvin, and resolve to form an alliance.

The two of them continue on, with Franco making up the brains of the duo, and Russ making up the brawn. They scavenge for supplies for a bit, and share a quiet moment where they discuss their pasts and how things were for them at school. It was an interesting dynamic, as Russ is clearly a lot more invested in their partnership than Franco, yet Franco can’t help but appreciate Russ’ simple-minded loyalty towards him.

Franco goes to pick up his Best Kill Award for killing Marvin, leaving Russ on the outside of the danger zone. Surprisingly, while Russ does appear briefly in this thread, it isn’t in his list of threads on the wiki. I’m not sure if I should add it in, but probably will after I finish this review.

The duo goes on to the mall, where they have a confrontation with another V2 duo, Matt and Rob. Russ’ inner thoughts, while already somewhat angry, begin to ramp up in aggression as he begins to finally have some doubts as to the wisdom of his continued partnership with Franco. After some internal conflict, his existing trust in Franco wins out, and Russ continues following him, albeit reluctantly. His trust in Franco is somewhat validated as the two of them work together to take out an attacker, watching each other’s backs and using strategy to back the girl into a corner before Franco finishes her off.

However, it is at this point that a different type of doubt sets in. Russ begins to realize that he doesn’t exactly have the stomach for killing, and fears that Franco will find this out and abandon him. He begins to put on a gangster-style facade of brutality in order to hide his self-perceived weakness, while never actually killing anyone himself.

Russ and Franco’s partnership comes to an end as one would expect. While scavenging for supplies, a shelf falls over and traps Russ against the ground just as the area is declared a danger zone. Franco, as expected, prioritises his own well being and leaves Russ to his death. The post, while written entirely by Franco’s handler, does Russ a great deal of justice, in my opinion. Russ lashes out impotently as he realizes that he’s been betrayed by somebody who he thought he could trust, as Franco walks away guilty for his selfish abandonment of somebody who was loyal enough to not to the same to him.

I really enjoyed reading this part of the story. Narfinkool’s writing isn’t amazing, and his dialogue feels fairly unnatural, but his action scenes were pretty good. Russ felt like a solid character and the two handlers involved do a decent job of selling the partnership between Russ and Franco. While definitely not one of SOTF’s best characters, I feel like I can recommend Russ as one of V2’s better cast members, or at least the best one that I’ve read so far.

Another character, please.
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Alive
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Alive
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura Current Status: Alive
Scott Fischer Current Status: Alive

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

August 27th, 2017, 9:46 pm #141

Ladies and gentlemen, today I bring you the story of the phantom rape. On one side of the coin we have Kayla Ravoy, who was tragically raped by her boyfriend Felix, and whose rape has stuck with her ever since, infecting her mind with images of him racing around the island bestowing his own brand of violence upon its innocent inhabitants. On the other, Felix himself, who claims that it was all lies. I really, really wish I could overlook the rape stuff since it sort of cancels itself out amongst the characters, but since it informs a ton of Kayla’s early game decisions, it’s really hard to.

Kayla lies a lot - or, we’re informed that she does - so the rape itself is cast into this crazy amount of doubt, exacerbated by the fact that both Felix and Kayla were handled by the same person. Kayla’s posts are short and peppered with typos and tense failures, but between the haze of grammatical issues a character is formed, albeit one that’s somewhat against the author’s intentions.

Kayla’s entire story pivots on Felix - he is constantly in her thoughts as this big time villain who is definitely murdering mass amounts of people. Her entire story seems a parallel to his, except nothing really happens with hers. Her first interaction on the island is one that goes nowhere with a girl, then she stops by another person, sees a dead body, and immediately turns tail - a one post drive by. It seems like it’s building towards an eventual meet-up for the two, which we seem to be getting in the third thread. Except, surprise! We just follow the fascinating adventures of Felix as he runs around the area collecting the ‘healthiest snacks he can find’ while Kayla, Gail, and Jackie sit and talk. These four characters are handled by two people, and it is… pretty terrible reading.

When Felix finally comes face to face with Kayla, we are truly in for a pinnacle of foreshadowing. We’ve followed Kayla’s headspace wherein she can barely go two posts without mentioning this awful human who raped her before she could break off their relationships, where she insists that he’s probably racing around with a knife on his penis and is using it to stab people to death with, and when they meet up we are treated to an incredibly awkward argument between the two where everyone else just kinda… sits around and watches, I guess.

Felix hits Kayla with her boomerang - to which she claims he just tried to take her arm off (throwing serious water on the rape claims if she exaggerates this much) and then entices Jackie to attack him. While doing so, she plots the best way to attack Felix herself. When Jackie tells her to run, however, she immediately does so.

Kayla is such a bitch.

She goes inactive/adopts off, and then… dies in someone else’s post.

Man, the fact that she was only really utilized to boost someone else’s story bothers me. She does have some interesting parts of her that are up for debate - whether or not she’s lying/perceiving the rape as something different, whether or not she actually gives a crap about her friends, etc. Because of the hand-off to Dan, she basically teleports between threads and none of this stuff is explored.
C+. Rating: Inoffensive.

Next.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 27th, 2017, 9:46 pm #142

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 27th, 2017, 9:50 pm #143

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Skraal
Player
Skraal
Player

August 27th, 2017, 9:54 pm #144

Jameson only has one post, but it's actually not too bad.

Basically, what happens is that the terrorists were flying a little too high with the helicopter that they dumped him on the island from, and Jameson breaks a bunch of bones, which are abnormally fragile due to not being fully healed from a recent accident. He then suffocates due to his shattered ribs shredding his lungs and other internal organs. The death post focuses mostly on the physical effects of the damage to Jameson's body and his quick realization that he's going to die. It's done competently, but the read isn't too interesting, overall.

I don't know if I can recommend him, exactly, but his run is short enough that it won't take much time for you to read him if you want to give him a shot. Not much else that I can say, really.

Another character, please.
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Spoiler
Cards

Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Alive
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Alive
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura Current Status: Alive
Scott Fischer Current Status: Alive

CrossbowPig
Contender

August 27th, 2017, 9:58 pm #145

Now I had to add Cathalie to my google dictionary too. Strangely enough, Meguro worked, but eh, maybe it's just more common. Doesn't take much to be more common a name than Cathalie.

Burns aside, a look at the profile reveals that at least some thought was put into diversifying her interests. It's startling that a good sign to me is that the Looks section of the profile doesn't mention bra size. Her backstory is relatively tame, as far as V2 goes - at least she hasn't killed anyone. While writing a kind of gothy "damaged" girl raises some flags on its own, it's nothing I can't look past for what is really here. The profile itself is decently well written, and if I wasn't desensitized I'd say that it's almost impressive for the V2 time frame. Her abusive friendship with Mitch Gunther is… cute? It's totally weird and a little unsettling, but I think it's a good thing, for now, unless things turn sexual at some point.

Knowing V2, they always do.

Cathalie's time in V2 is comprised of two pre-game threads and two island threads - a mercy that I am very thankful for - and her first thread takes place at school, Bathurst High, the same school of the winning kid Bryan Calvert. For some reason, when I think of V2, this is the school I come back to mentally. The name is just sort of...iconic? Or notorious? Maybe both? Well, at the very least, it's known as the school with the weird kid who wanders around barefoot and talks to himself about burgers during a class assignment on the atomic bomb. While the other students, here Ian Rico and Sofie de Wilde, try to treat him kindly, Cathalie returns from the bathroom and puts her dog on a leash immediately.
Power Couple wrote:"Ahhh Cathalie, the sunshine of my life, the air I breathe everyday. To bask in your presence is to drown blissfully in the rivers of Para-"

"Shut up, Mitch."

"Yes, Cathalie."
Cathalie takes the other's kindness as malice, but caves in once she decides that if she doesn't let Mitch have his first burger, then she'll never hear the end of it. Of course, this dynamic reminds incredibly of Lust and Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist, a Japanese manga series that was decently popular around V2 - still kind of is, but it's faded away gradually with time. Good show, but lifting this dynamic of "Cold girl, food obsessed guy" without any of the symbolic connotations or writing skill that came with it is kind of, well, finicky. Especially as Ali Grayson comes in and makes a mess of thing, requiring Mitch to be reeled in even further. He bites her, which would probably make anyone handle their animal a bit more cautiously. Mitch isn't an animal, sure, but the comparison can be drawn here.

Or not! Cathalie just lets this happen, because she's kind of edgy, and doesn't like popular people, I'm guessing. Mitch is a weird kid, but a good intentioned one, and Cathalie warms up to people that he warms up to, thankfully. If Cathalie was just 100% mean all the way then we'd have some stuff wrong here, because that's just one-note and trite and kind of dumb. Thankfully, instead we get something kind of balanced and internally consistent in the wacky wild world of V2. I'm sort of impressed, already.

Their dynamic is amusing. I'm thoroughly amused. The two actually take up Ian Rico on the offer of burgers, which is fitting right now because in pre-game it's important to set up some story progression or hooks early on for the island stuff. Here, it's social rejection, as Mitch's social unacceptable behaviour is unsurprisingly rejected by the carnival goers. Cathalie decides at some point to avoid curfew and be herself for the evening, which I'm guessing was entirely helped along by Mitch pushing her over the edge. They have a fun time at the park, and that's pre-game. It's all remarkably decently written, and there aren't really any complaints here.

Island-time now. It is time to see if this quality, what we've so thankfully been graced with so far, keeps going into the island. I'm going to hazard a wild guess right now and say that it doesn't, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised here.

Cathalie has a bit of a mental breakdown at the start of V2, and a violent one at that. Mitch has her best intentions at heart, but she rejects it, instead electing to throw a desk across the room and overturn a table. Ernest wanders into the thread now, while Cathalie tries to bluff having a shotgun to keep him out, a plot that Mitch foils it by announcing that they don't really have a shotgun in a playful way. They try to ambush Ernest as he walks in with the rag of chloroform that Cathalie got, but he decides that they aren't worth it and turns around to leave. They have some cutesy small-talk, until Cathalie falls asleep, Mitch standing guard and staying in this sort of hypnagogic state while waiting for Cathalie to wake up again.

This girl, Venus, wanders into the room, and starts drawing things on the chalkboard, before wandering back out again. The announcement plays, which somehow doesn't wake Cathalie up, but Mitch's constant mantra mumbling does. She throws a flashlight at him to try and shut him up, since he keeps kind of whining about the dark, but she realizes that she should have thrown a little more than a flashlight when she realizes that they're sitting in a danger zone, Mitch having neglected to inform her of the announcement. They manage to make it out of the school building in time, which is pretty confusing to me given how little time you have to get out of a danger zone and the barricade they put up in front of their door, but, whatever. Overall, their first island thread is solid.

Now, it's time for the moment that you've all been waiting for; Cathalie's second and final island thread.

The first thing that stuck out to me was the handler writing this post. Threads one through three were all handled by LadyMakaze, while the final thread, the pivotal death moment, is handled by Nealosi, and instantly something feels off. It's not as if an attempt wasn't made to keep the style of writing for these characters consistent, but more like the attempt was made without paying much attention to detail. For one thing, Mitch's absurdly large vocabulary and strangely intelligible ramblings are reduced to somewhat plain speak, and he loses most of his quirky charm. Cathalie's change is a bit more believable - she's been stuck on the island for an additional five days, now, and she just seems a lot more tired and stressed out. How these two managed to survive for five whole days without drawing too much attention to themselves is a bit out of the realm of possibility for me, but, whatever, it's some OOC stuff that I don't know about anyways.

Cathalie decides that putting Mitch to sleep is a good idea, now, as a mercy kill. Cathalie has accepted her fate, and probably intends to do the same kind of thing to herself, but Mitch still has the resolve - or naivete - to believe that some kind of rescue or escape is possible. This resolve really touches Cathalie, and she finally extends an olive branch to Mitch after all of her abuse. Everything seems like it's going to turn out okay for the two of them.

Everything seems like it's going to turn out okay, until the tree behind them explodes, splinters tearing holes in their faces and throwing them to the ground.

I'm guessing that Franco Sebberts is Nealosi's own kid, and that these two kids are being fed to his own because of inactivity. Regardless, Franco steps out from behind the tree, a sadistic smile on his face, and reveals himself to have caused the explosion via grenade launcher. Cathalie is on the ground, bleeding out from the mouth, and tries to convince Mitch to run. Mitch, however, can't let anyone hurt his Cathalie, so he heroically charges Franco, who isn't playing nearly as fairly. Using a concealed taser, he zaps Mitch, sending him to the ground, while spouting off about how these two aren't the only ones who want to leave, stating that his way is the only way.

This is the part that I was warned about. I won't get too graphic, because thankfully this scene isn't as descriptive as the Mariavel hotel scene, but it goes something like this.

Franco forces Mitch to watch as he molests Cathalie, using the taser as a torture device, occasionally taking a few breaks to beat Mitch as well. Cathalie begs him to stop, and eventually he caves in, shooting her in the head, though not before she can thank him for his mercy. Mitch screams out in anger, but Franco puts a bullet through his skull, too.

And that's that.

I'm really disappointed by the way this happened to end. I don't blame any of the handlers for how it happened - inactivity was, as we've seen, a commonplace issue in V2, yet one that the site hadn't come together to solve yet. At the very least, we get some closure for Cathalie and Mitch's arc, as they have a moment of understanding at the start of the thread. As far as the realism scale goes for V2, Cathalie and Mitch manage to balance the unconventional nature of a lot of early concepts with some decently well written posts. However, such an intricate concept can't survive as well on it's own in the hands of another, and that is blameless - it's clear when reading some of Mitch and Cathalie's interactions in pre-game that a lot of thought went into how these two felt about each other, thought that was likely inaccessible after the original handler's inactivity, except for going back and reading the original posts.

A case study in how inactivity was handled back in V2, and the pitfalls of the original methods of dealing with it, without resorting to linking someone a Mariavel massacre. Plus, some solid writing early on, if the concept is a little unbelievable. Personally, I think Cathalie's the least likeable of the two as a person, but in all honesty, I have a hard enough time dealing with my completely sane little brother, so I guess I can say I understand, a little?

#mitchdidnothingwrong

Another one, please.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 27th, 2017, 10:09 pm #146

Crossbow: Darren Oaklan
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 27th, 2017, 10:12 pm #147

Skraal: Edgar Judah
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Fenris
Player

August 27th, 2017, 10:25 pm #148

Alright, Peter Rosenthal. A kid with five whole on-island threads and two kills who ends up committing suicide. Might actually?? Be interesting??? lets see. his profile bugs me because he's apparently up to 300 pounds which is "a bit overweight" which is Not. this is a nitpick. less of a nitpick: he loses his virginity to a 20-something-year-old dude when he's 14 and i'm supposed to be totally cool w/ that. i am not! i am not cool with that. this experience apparently helps him realize he's gay and i continue to be uncomfortable with statutory rape being framed as a positive experience. anyway he's a big smart gay guy who takes things too personally. got it. i'm gonna just feel slightly uncomfortable for the rest of this writeup

peter has 2 pre-game threads but one is lost to the ages and the other, according to the wiki, peter's handler wanted deleted anyway, so I'm not gonna read it and lets go straight to his game proper. his opening post is fine- he panicks, he finds his weapon, he thinks of his... boyfriend? crush? he has no pregame so i have no idea what his relationship with Andi Ayala is. anyway he thinks of him and is Worried. he's in a thread with Mamien Darter-Cadison whose red text is giving me a headache and Kristey Burrowell who's kind of in a mood. Peter is definitely the most normal person here. he's actually trying to be nice and learn who these other people are and doesn't immediately want to murder them! i'm proud. basically this whole thread Camien Marter-Dadison is contemplating murder w/ the voices in his head, Kristey is considering murdering Him, and Peter is just kind of like :|, which is the correct reaction. sam sorenson wanders into the thread and peter doesn't even acknowledge it happened which makes me like him more. apparently Kristey is Andi's half-sister and Andi is confirmed to be Peter's boyfriend and they're friends now and the area becomes a danger zone so they leave

next thread. a lot of people are here! i actually like how the relationship between Peter and Kristey is winding up. like they're sticking together because they're looking for the same person, and they're not overly sentimental or overly aggressive toward each other. they're just kinda neutral-to-friendly in a way that works. on the other hand now Peter is considering killing Mamien Carter-Dadison outright instead of just considering killing him if he needs to in the future. which... Might be justified, considering how he's been acting? anyway they don't really interact with anyone here, they just spot Meme Name Boy from afar and he spots them and then they run.

holy shit I only at this point realized Andi Ayala is one of his kills. huh. wait didn't Polybius talk about this. i'm going to completely ignore that so i can pretend this might go well. next thread: i read this one!! it's the one where matt lafferty gets eaten (not literally) (please god no cannibalism v2 is bad enough) by andi ayala which makes this the reunion thread i guess. Peter doesn't actually turn up until 5 pages in where he runs into Vesa Turunen and apparently they had been penpals or something so now they're bros. and then he sees Andi! and it's at this point that Peter's island story goes reeeal downhill real fast. like I mentioned in Matthew's writeup his handler has him act very OOC to give Andi an excuse to kill him, which he does. Kristey (Andi/Kristey/Matthew all have the same handler btw, as do Peter and Vesa, this thread is really hard to follow) sees Andi kill Matt and is immediately terrified and that basically ends the Peter/Kristey alliance. and also Kristey was apparently planning on killing Andi from the start. i missed that little tidbit apparently. also Kristey uses the word "faggot" to describe her brother like 7573 times in this thread and it's off-putting

i need to stop rambling so much here's the short version of The Peter Rosenthal Story from here on out: he loves Andi, is cool w/ killing everyone else, and is openly mocking toward people who die who have teased him in the past. some guy walks in on them when they're about to fuck and they decide that's a good enough reason to kill him. then they fuckmurder-suicide which is a new one

final thoughts/tl;dr:

this could have been good! Peter was actually a pretty decent character at the beginning!! i was kind of looking forward to finding out why/how he kills his boyfriend!!! HE IGNORED SAM SORENSON!! but then he actually finds his boyfriend and it just turns into the Tragic Gay Love Murder Story. you know. that stereotypical tale. anyway basically him and andi merge into one being once they find each other and it's not interesting or compelling. so in the end Peter's still one of the better characters I've read but I still wouldn't recommend him because he disappointed me. he disappointed all of us. :(

next kid please !
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] Spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] Spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

Polibyss
Leader

August 27th, 2017, 10:49 pm #149

Aaah, fuck Alexander Bee.

Alexander is a history nerd, that's his character. He's pretty simple and flat, and all of his posts are wrought with spelling and grammatical errors. Every sentence has something wrong in it.

Alexander is assigned a claymore mine as his weapon. He immediately decides that he wants to blow up the lighthouse. His only reason for this is that he wants to thin out the competition a bit. Not the greatest survival plan. I think his handler was just really excited that he was given the opportunity to possibly blow up a building, so he decided to make that his goal with Alex.

Alex gets held up by a girl with a gun and runs away. He goes to the lighthouse, but it becomes a danger zone. He decides to blow up the mall instead, but there are people there and he leaves. Then, he goes inactive.

Alex is part of a three person inactive death written by Megami. Megami writes him much better than Strawberry_Prince did. Does that count as an exception to the V2 adoption trend? Anyway, the death is stupid as hell. The terrorists crash a boat off of the coast of the island somehow and the three doomed kids decide to hide in it. The boat apparently has some super duper terrorist secrets, so Danya just sets off Alex's collar. That sets off the mine and everyone is incinerated. At least Alex got to blow some people up in the end, I guess.

Kermit
Contender

August 27th, 2017, 10:56 pm #150

Minimal screaming this time!

Oh hey it’s Mitch! I read some of him when I was reading through Ernest (we don’t speak of that anymore), and, well, he was good from a technical standpoint, but he ended up being too much of a cloud-cuckoo-lander to really grab me as a character, and I ended up more engrossed with his more reasonable counterpart, Cathalie. Well, maybe my opinion will change, who knows?

Actually that whole paragraph was mostly a lie because I’ve read him before, but let’s just pretend this is the first time. For funzies.

Profile:

"Hobbies and Interests: No extracurricular activities. Interests and hobbies include reading, taking in stray animals, solving puzzles and playing mind-stretching games, stealing shiny objects, wandering around, taking apart machinery, napping, and being with Cathalie."

If I didn’t know Mitch was a human, I’d assume he was the comic-relief animal sidekick in an animated children’s movie. That’s fine, I guess. I was okay with Ernest having weird hobbies, so I’ll be okay with this.

Mitch gives the impression that he’s sickly and underfed. wow #twinzies! He’s strong though, and his fingers look like claws. The look in his eyes conveys the fact that he’s often somewhere else mentally. He goes barefoot most of the time, which is definitely against school dress code, but fuck it, whatever. Also his shirts are really big and usually expose his shoulders, which is also against dress code, I’d assume. Oh well. It’s not the biggest dress code violation in V2. *coughJohn Davies wearing weird martial arts clothes even though he goes to a school that requires he wears a school uniformcough*

Mitch is covered in burns and scars which are covered by bandages (He’s not a mummy or anything, they’re just on his arms/neck/torso). Mitch pulls on them a lot, so they’re kinda hanging off of him. Aren’t bandages routinely changed? Oh well. I’m sure there’ll be a charming explanation for why he’s covered in burns/scars/burn scars.

Huh. Well, it’s not a charming explanation, but it’s better than no explanation. Well, actually, there’s no explanation for the initial scars other than he had them when he was orphaned at age one, but the rest of the scars are from abusive foster families. Christ on a bike that’s disturbing. New Jersey, fix your fucking foster care system, jesus. He met Cathalie Meguro at the age of five, and they’ve been friends ever since. The rest of his bio is establishing how he kind of acts like uh, well, a comic-relief animal sidekick in an animated children’s movie (Cathalie’s the hero of the movie.).
His profile’s fine. It’s well written from a technical standpoint and it’s not like he’s any less believable than Ernest.

Under the “your thoughts” section of his wiki page, there’s this: ""I want to have Mitch's virtual babies"- Leo"

I’m hoping this is a good sign.

Pregame: More like prelame hahahah I don’t want to read V2 pregame anymore! I’m assuming CBP goes over it in his Cathalie writeup that I’m not gonna read until I’m done with this. If not, sorry.

Game: eh screw it i’m not gonna go over it in detail. Basically Mitch and Cathalie meet up really early on, and their relationship is TBH pretty heartwarming (ouch my heart no again). Mitch says stuff that’s mostly disconnected from reality and Cathalie’s like “no Mitch calm urself”. Ernest bumbles along and I’ve already talked about it. Also Mitch knows a lot about guns apparently, I guess. He could ID the exact kind of gun used in the prologue video, so that’s something. Also Cathalie’s G01 and Mitch is B01. Mitch and Cathalie have a little exchange and heeeeeeeeeerreeeeee’s Venus! Everyone runs away from Venus. End Thread! I know I didn’t really go into detail about this thread, but I quite liked it. It’s pretty good!

Next thread! Franco is a bad person! He sticks a tazer up Cathalie’s girlparts and tazes her! And then he kills both of them! FRAAAAAANCOOOOOOO! I’m bothered.

Well that just seemed kinda cruel to kill him off that way. aw man. :' (

Conclusion: While he’s not that realistic, Mitch is still a nice, good character. I will admit that I did prefer Cathalie over him, but only because I inherently prefer characters that behave in a grounded manner. I was sad to see them go inactive, and I really wish I could have seen where they went had they not been, well, inactive’d. Overall, Mitch is a pretty good read, just maybe skip the death thread. I’ve been pleasantly surprised!

Another one!
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy
[+] Spoiler
V1 art!

v2 art ;~;
Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?