CrossbowPig
Contender

October 5th, 2017, 1:24 am #91

Marcus Roddy:

Here's my Marcus Roddy stuff. I spoilered it for length, because I went overly in depth, as I tend to do. If you want the TL;DR, then it is as follows; I don't recommend Marcus on his own, as the vast majority of his content you'll get by following other characters, and he is absent for most of his own narrative in terms of activity. He's not written poorly, though he is somewhat inconsistent in terms of motive, but he is overshadowed (funnily enough, considering physically he stands far taller than any of the other characters he's with) by most people in his threads simply because of the impact those people wound up having.
[+] Spoiler
The Entire Appearance Section wrote:6-4 260 A large body ripped with muscle accents his strong looking African American features. He has a pronounced chin and hair wrapped in corn rows on top of his head.
It's going to be hard for me to get into the mindset of V1, I can already tell.

Marcus was apparently thrown into the game by the terrorists for the sole purpose of killing people, because of how jacked he is. Competing in a sports league a whole five years older than you when you're a child is no small feat, and with daily workouts that last for a whole five hours a day, it's no surprise that this guy is a manly man. Despite this, however, he has the social weakness of a stutter and a lisp, which, if he needs to communicate, makes it somewhat difficult to do so. The detail here is pretty interesting; even if his profile says nothing about his personality, the stammer gives the immediate impression that this guy is a gentle giant kind of character. The fact that he gets assigned a paper fan is also amusing, specifically because it serves to undermine the strength he has.

This huge guy starts off his Island adventure by managing to conceal himself in the bushes. He sneaks up to the front door of the Small House and knocks, a grin on his face. Adam Dodd, River Garrarty, and Hawley Faust are inside, hanging around and shooting the shit. They peer out the window and basically shit themselves over how fucking jacked this guy is, trying to prepare themselves for this encounter.

Marcus just kinda charges through the door like a rhino.

Chiiiill.

Instead of talking, he communicates by writing on a wrist he thinks is broken. Interesting way to get around the stutter, but the fact that he's choosing to communicate here contradicts the whole sadistic thing from before. While Hawley fixes up Marcus' hand and Adam goes for a walk where he decides to become a nature enthusiast, Marcus thinks back to seventh grade, and we get to read a small memory about a time he was bullied by other students for not being able to say the word "please" correctly. He's snapped out of this whole dream sequence deal by Hawley, and they get to fixing up the hand. He sits idle for around a page while this other group of three, including a girl Adam Dodd apparently likes named Amanda, all strut into the cabin, Adam having been the welcoming party. Madelaine and David are the other two members, Amanda's closest island friend and the bodyguard, respectively. Unable to use his hand, Marcus speaks to introduce himself, and is instantly-
wrote:"Why are you stuttering? Do you fear me? There is no reason to."
-kind of insulted by David. That said, Marcus doesn't take it to heart. When the announcements come on, he's the first to suggest they move, choosing to write despite the pain. While Adam and Amanda snog outside and Adam gets the Andrew-Lipson-Gets-Struck-By-Lightning call, River runs into the woods hysterically and DZ's himself. Adam kind of freaks out and leaves as well, though not as to run into a DZ. While all this happens and the group panics about what to do, Marcus is silent. He is reserved. Meditative.

This big guy must have a resting heart rate of, like, 40.

This girl named Devi Satome walks over to the door looking for help. She is turned away. Marcus does not move. He is still. He feasts on the dewdrops. He subsists off of water in the air. He may have spent five hours a day training, and like more time practicing and playing sports, but little does everyone know that he is also a meditation master.

I mean, I prefer to think he is. If he can sit through all of this, then he MUST be, right?

They leave the house, Marcus included, and get confused over where to go next. Marcus is the voice of reason, or rather, the words of reason, as he takes the pad of paper and pencil with him and writes to the group about courses of action. They decide to make their way to the lighthouse - and the next thread - after all, and arrive just in time to see the aftermath of Blaine Eno butchering someone.
wrote:MARCUS WAS ANGRY.
So naturally, because of how angry he is, Marcus walks up to try and befriend the guy, leaving the rest of the group bewildered. Of course, this was a half-baked ruse to try and get Blaine to open up, testing the waters of his mental state. Blaine retreats, obviously not in a state to want any more friends, and Marcus announces his real intention - to strike Blaine down. Hawley manages to get him to stand down, verbally, and the group cuts their losses and leaves. This is a decently tense scene, without the earlier context of what happened in the thread before, and sets up Marcus pretty well at odds with the group, in a sense. He ends the thread by writing them all a message about how bad of a move that was as they walk away, and the group deliberates on this as they walk off.

Strangely, in between threads, Marcus gets cut off from the rest of the group and is lost in the woods on the way to the hospital. This is probably highlighted in the thread of wherever the hell the rest of the group went, and they likely freak out over somehow managing to lose track of a giant. He winds up in the woods, finding a guy named Cody Jenson. Actually, it'd be a little more fitting to say that Cody Jensen finds him, as he is caught in a trap and then beaten with a stick. Eventually, Marcus manages to break free, running to the river all bloody and sick and tired, somehow managing to run into Amanda and Madelaine again. Both are in bad shape, so they point Marcus to Hawley, just up ahead.

Marcus is gone for the next two or so pages, and doesn't come back until way after Blaine Eno sneaks up on the girls, and Adam Dodd comes out of the bushes to Big Damn Heroes the whole shebang. While Amanda and Adam have a touching reunion, and Hawley comes back, and this weird Callum kid mistakes one of the girls for his own girlfriend, Marcus is bleeding out in the bushes. When this new Callum kid enters the scene, though, he starts to beg for help, because the way he sees it he's too likely to be abandoned without getting help, or something. It's unclear. The girls (and Callum) tend to Marcus while Hawley patches Adam up, or something, giving him Morphine - and apparently there's some speech here that's funny or something, but I'm reading for Marcus, not for Dodd - while this other girl, Nanami, from the same middle school as Madelaine, in Japan, (I think? I have no idea what the deal is with all the schools in this game tbh) confronts the group. Marcus is the voice of reason again, using a combination of his voice and the pad of paper to get the trigger happy teenagers - mostly David - to stand down.

This works on David, but not on Adam. As Nanami breaks the fuck down over meeting her "traitor" childhood friend, Adam calls her on her crybaby bullshit, and basically destabilizes what little peace there was left. Nanami just slaps him, though, and it's laughed off. Callum runs off into the distance to find his real girlfriend after hearing a scream. It's really just business as usual up to this point. Marcus raises the point that if they're going to get moving, they might as well set up a base camp and get the drop on some people, people such as Cody, because they're bad and stuff, or something. The group's collective response is "yeah sure whatever" and Madelaine is lead away from the group to talk alone by Nanami. Nanami shoots Madelaine, and Marcus, with regained strength, sprints over to see what's going on.

Everyone runs over to find Madelaine still alive, but held at gunpoint. Marcus gets the group to surround Nanami, making sure she can't escape, while she waxes poetic about her childhood with Madelaine. Nanami is distracted by the group - and I think getting shot at some point, can't make out who does it, though - and Madelaine jumps to her feet and shoots Nanami one last time. Instantly, Madelaine regrets her decision, and starts screaming for them to patch up Nanami. There isn't much they can do. Nanami dies in Madelaine's arms. It's worth noting, at this point, that Marcus has been absent for around another page, his presence implied but not enforced. As you've probably noticed, this is sort of a habit of his. When he does come back, it's to take a good look at the corpse, and throw up. Adam goes over to make sure that he's okay - he isn't - while Amanda tries to get through to Madelaine, who can't talk because she's been shocked into silence. Hawley coats one of Marcus' more profusely bleeding wounds with antibiotics, but everyone silently knows it probably won't be enough to save this man.

Marcus has also been concussed, badly. He slumps down on the ground, and drifts off into sleep. The rest of the group mistakes this essentially-just-drifting-out-of-consciousness for Marcus' meditative prowess bringing him back into the astral again (read: he just needs some sleep, guys!) and pays him no mind while Adam gives a galvanizing speech to get the group back on their feet again. Another group wanders into the thread, made up of Heather, Fred, and a Jeremy of some nondescript background. The last thing this thread needs is more overcrowding, but here it is! We get it anyway! Hell, this breaks out into a gunfight which makes everything just all that much more muddy, and two other kids - both handled by the same guy who handles David - come in, and do nothing either. Heather's group, after firing a few shots off, leaves, and so do David's handler's kids. The gunfight is a tidal wave. It sweeps through, destroying much in its path, but just as quickly recedes from the shore. Hawley has internal bleeding, David has external bleeding, and Marcus is still, elsewhere, slowly slipping into a coma. Hawley dies, the medic being killed by one of the few injuries he was unable to treat.

The group has time to bury him and give something approaching a service before they realize that Marcus has been oddly quiet. Amanda comes out of nowhere with impressive knowledge of how comas work, and Adam decides the best course of action is to put him down.

Which, after some deliberation, he does. Shoots him, he does. Kills him, he does.

End the story, he does.

I don't know if I'd recommend Marcus on his own. Three out of four threads you'll get by reading Hawley Faust, two out of four you'll get by reading Adam Dodd, and the remaining one thread you'll get with Cody Jensen. I can't speak to any of those character's quality - though I really liked Hawley, from what I saw of him - but in my opinion, because of how long Marcus spends not doing anything, he's best read as a supplement to other character's journeys.
I'd like one more, please.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] Spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] Spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] Spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 5th, 2017, 6:01 am #92

Blastinus: Cassie Webber

CBP: Sven Kekule
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

October 5th, 2017, 4:22 pm #93

As promised, Jeremy Torres, the third longest character in V1 behind only Cody Jensen and Adam Dodd and he only made it to eighth place.

[+] Spoiler
Jeremy wakes up on day 2. It’s raining and he’s mulling his situation over in a warehouse. A boy named Fred comes in seeking shelter from the rain and after establishing that they don’t wish to kill, they start talking about their lives. They bond over having parental abandonment issues, Fred says he wants to find his brother, and in a shocking display of being a decent person, Jeremy promises to help Fred look for his brother. They’re very sweet together. Fred remembers he has his cell phone so he calls his brother, but the connection is bad so he can only make out a few words before the call is dropped.

Heather Pendegrast comes in since she has a GPS tracker (can we bring back the GPS tracker weapon?) and saw some people in the warehouse. She decides these guys are ok and offers Fred a pipe wrench and flashbangs. Jeremy has a sickle so he’s good. In comes Garrett and Heather tells him to put down his crossbow. He won’t so she shoots at his feet and is like “I’m not fucking around here.”

Garrett does not even flinch after having the ground by his feet shot at : / . He also tells Heather he can shoot her with a crossbow before she can shoot him. Pretty sure that’s not true.
Heather wrote:“Put the crossbow down NOW!”
Garrett wrote:“You still do not understand. I. Will. Not. Hurt. You. Unless. You. Hurt. Me. Do you need me to spell it? The worst thing you can do is fire a shot at me right now.”
Well number one, you just spelled “enemy” as “enimy” a moment ago so I doubt your ability to spell. Number two, shoot him shoot him shoot him HEATHER SHOOT HIM.

Suddenly the warehouse is party central as Devi, Umi, Aiden and Daisuke all come into the warehouse at once. Poor Theseus was gone for two days so Jeremy’s been standing in a corner. Garrett continues to be awful and Fred, in his wisdom, says he can’t waste time with these freaks and has to go find his brother. Jeremy and Heather go with him, which makes me happy because I liked them.

They are walking along and a wild Dodd appears. They briefly threaten him, but upon closer inspection Fred knows him from school and Dodd knows him and his brother, but can’t tell them apart.

Well he asks to join up but that doesn’t last long since the next group they find has Fred’s brother Glenn, but none of Adam’s people, so he runs off. The brothers have a touching reunion, Heather catches up because she cant run as fast, and they decide to leave since Jacob Starr was recently seen in the area. Minimal Jeremy in this one.

They come across a dead body and a girl named Daphne who is unfriendly. They ask if she killed the guy and she says she killed a girl at school who tried to put her hand in an incinerator (?!) and also murdered both of her parents recently. But did not kill that guy.

Unfortunately Jeremy is like “Ok sure yeah, but are you playing?”

Fred thinks they should leave. Daphne says she hasn’t decided and Jeremy realizes that maybe having 3 murders in normal life is not a good indicator of future behavior. Jeremy is then like “Well I’m with Heather and Heather killed people so can I judge?” Yeah, you can. Heather killed people in a death game. This loony killed her parents.

I haven’t mentioned her because she’s just been listening to her CD player all this time, but they found Glenn with a girl named Maria. Maria wants to ask Daphne something and approaches her and Daphne slits her throat. Oh, what a shame, how unforeseeable.

She dies via My Chemical Romance song post that doesn’t have relevance to the death. It says she’s listening to it on her CD player and she dies halfway through the song, but the lyrics to the whole song are included and I don’t know if that annoys me more or less. Daphne is like “Soz, had to.” And Heather, who is too good for this group is like
Heather wrote:“You know that’s a huge load of bullshit, you killed her on a whim”
and leaves. And then trips and starts rolling down the hill. The rest go to help her and leave crazy.

I checked and Heather will be with Jeremy until she dies which makes me happy. I like her and I like stability. Turns out that hill Heather rolled down ends in a Dodd. Jeremy helps Heather up and she is rightly pissed that a dude named David is with Dodd and has her gun, which he stole from her. She shoots at him and misses. He shoots back and hits her in the arm and knee and is about to kill her when Jeremy and Fred run up. More shots are exchanged. David realizes he doesn’t look good here and tells them to leave. Dodd does nothing. Thanks a bunch.

Jeremy and Fred carry her away and she passes out. They decide to take her to the hospital. Jeremy tries to keep a positive attitude.
Jeremy wrote:“Jeremy was a strong person, he's been through worse...well not worse...but tough situations before. He can push past this.”
He tries to draw strength from a memory of a really tough wrestling meet when his school was behind and they were counting on him. Shows that he’s used to people depending on him and he wants to step up to those expectations. He fell into the background after the warehouse so having some internal stuff is nice.

They meet a ton of people I kind of skim over, two of them die anyway. The group is talking about escape. One of them kicks a rock into a bush, but Daphne was in that bush so she takes this as an assault on her bush and stabs him and another girl. Heather, who is being carried still, grabs her gun and says they should put distance between them and the murder bush. Jeremy, the Hughes boys and Heather all go into the hospital. Fred tosses a flashbang at Daphne, Heather shoots from a window and Jeremy is like “I hope she dies.” Oh and Daisuke and Aiden are also there I guess.
Daisuke wrote:~Dai yamete! you can't start thinking like that, baka baka baka~
I’m making an executive decision to skip Daisuke’s parts.

Daphne ’s blinded, Glenn goes to talk to her, she gives the standard “You and I are not so different” speech and he’s like “Nuh uh” and she can’t understand good and tries to stab him so he hits her with a 2x4. Glenn looks at Jeremy and Fred and decides that he can’t kill her, not for her sake, but for his. He doesn’t want to lose part of his humanity and risk becoming like her. They all turn to go back to the hospital, having made a difficult, but merciful decision. Perhaps, with time, Daphne may realize their gesture and come to-

And then some random dude walks in and shoots her in the face.

So. Stupid.

Jeremy thinks that they should kill her if only to prevent her from killing others and is tempted to do it himself. But he doesn’t know if he’s got it in him to take a life and wants to respect Glenn’s decision. Then Fred is CRITICAL HIT by the rando and Jeremy is hit in the arm and foot.

Fred like….wanders off? No one stops him? He’s been shot in the stomach…

Jeremy tells the others to go haul up at the school while he stays with Fred. He’s pretty sure Fred’s about to die
“I promised Fred that I would stick with him until the end, this might just be the end. I'm staying in the hospital.”

Awww

During the madness, Mallory got Jeremy’s sickle stuck in her shin. They start kindda flirting while he says he doesn’t know her, but the fact that his sickle is stuck in her means they should talk. (That’s what she said?). He goes to pull it out and asks her questions about her life to distract from the pain. This is strong, this is more like the first time we saw Jeremy. Very sweet with a bit of a sense of humor. What’s Heather been doing? Laying down suppressing fire so Jason the rando doesn’t kill them. Thanks Heather. The place gets DZ’d and Jeremy confusingly opts to not stay with Mallory or Glenn and doesn’t know where Fred went. Shrug.

They all get to the woods, but Jeremy shows up late because he went to look for Fred. Didn’t find him, though.

Heather is like “WE SHOULD KEEP MOVING, HELLO? THE CRAZY GUNMAN IS PROBABLY STILL IN THE AREA?” and everyone murmurs in agreement. Aiden asks Daisuke to help Heather and she would rather limp on one leg than have help from Daisuke. Best girl, Heather.

Glenn is carrying Mallory and thinks about how Heather has gone from a little annoying to really annoying. I’m sorry, maybe next time she’ll leave you to hang around the area with the crazy shooter so you die. Ungrateful.

The group makes it to the school, but Jeremy feels extremely guilty for leaving Fred behind. He’s pretty upset he couldn’t find him in time before they left and he’s worried.

They hear a scream and all go to investigate except Jeremy and Mallory who agree to keep watch. Heather finds an unconscious girl inside. Mallory starts to FLIP OUT and wants to go inside but Jeremy is like “calm down, I don’t hear fighting, they’re probably fine.”

Suddenly a shoot out happens, people flee from the building and Glenn tells Mallory and Jeremy they have to go. Heather comes up and tries to shoot at the shooter, but she was using the shotgun as a crutch so when she lifts it to shoot she falls on her ass.

Things get kind of ??? . It’s hard to read and confusing but someone, I think Antonio, rushes Glenn. Glenn is like “Mallory, Jeremy, Heather, let’s get out of here!” and he draw a sword and that enrages Antonio and he attacks with his wrench. Sword vs. wrench.

Someone named Steven shoots at the group while the sword wrench fight is happening and Jeremy gets grazed in the arm. Glenn wants him to leave but Jeremy won’t because he says he owes to Fred to stay with Fred’s brother. Guitarjack comes in to bitch that the only person who reacted to the shotgun blasts was Jeremy. Glenn then grabs Mallory and asks Jeremy to shoot at whoever is trying to kill them so that Glenn and Mallory can get away (Jeremy picked up Glenn’s gun).

Wow, what a jerk.

Guess Jeremy and Heather are going to have to take over. Jeremy turns around and gets hit in the arm with a wrench. Mallory’s handler complains that when they logged off the thread was on page 3, now it’s on page 6 because posting orders, like spelling, weren’t invented until 2011.

Jeremy proposes to Antonio they team up to escape Steven and Jeremy tosses his gun through the 4th wall at handler Kyle.
4th wall smash wrote: “Jeremy tossed the gun on the ground in front of Slayer…”
Steven tells Jeremy to drop the gun, he does, then runs off and winks at Antonio, leaving him there with the other crazy. Shrug I guess. Oh wait, DON’T LEAVE HEATHER. FUCK, SHE WAS MY FAVORITE.
[+] Spoiler

Kermit made me read the first part of this thread with Nevera and Kouji where she calls him a beast and he says he doesn’t wanna fight [/Alabama Shakes] and then she’s like “YEAH YOU DO!” and he’s like “YES, I GUESS I DO” and then back flips over her, talking to her mid-back flip like a shitty anime.

Then Jeremy runs in, continued from “(Korean letters).” The Korean letters thread roughly translates to “Starting point for girl 99.” I’ll give them a break since though I joke all the time that spell check wasn’t invented until 2011, Google translate actually wasn’t invented until 1 year after this post was made. Sure there were other online translators, but they can have a pass on this.

Nev and Kouji decide to talk instead of fight but their talking is infuriatingly dumb and continuing in the shitty anime Kouji escaped from, he looks at her ass, she slaps him and he apologizes in Japanese.
Jeremy wrote: “Jeremy watched as the girl and the guy argued and the girl struck the guy. Jeremy was tired of this stuff”
Relatable Jeremy content.

He’s still looking for Fred, Glenn, Heather and Mallory. He tells Nev about being ambushed and separated from them and she cries on his behalf and offers to dig the bullet out of his arm. It’s a nice scene that’s fairly realistic. She explains that she had cancer and it caused her to lose her eye so she doesn’t think she could win a death game with such a disadvantage. Her uncle, who I am assuming was her caretaker, also had cancer. He wants to comfort her, but isn’t sure she can survive given the one winner rule. He hesitates, but comforts her instead with the thought of escape. He promises to help her since she helped him. Jeremy is like, indebting himself to helping people left and right.

OOC: Theseus gently corrects Abel on a continuity error and Abel quickly fixes it. It’s nice to see Theseus is also fairly kind generally instead of some of the more hostile OOC notes I’ve seen.

They decide to look in the house to see if there is food. Nev only finds moldy and rotten food, giving V1 a leg up on V2 where Felix found fucking fresh bacon and waffles and other kids were finding granola bars and sandwiches and shit.

Jeremy doesn’t feel comfortable with the fact that the game might be changing him. He feels that he’s colder and more paranoid than he was when he woke up ??? days ago. Possibly 3 days. Some kid named Scott walks in and Jeremy freaks out quietly, but tries to appear calm. Nev found some canned soup. I guess that doesn’t bother me too much. It’s not sandwiches.

Scott is upset they aren’t acknowledging him so he thinks that means they plan to KILL HIM (?) and he tries to kill Jeremy with a brick. Jeremy is hit in the head with the brick and he goes down, remembering a time when he blacked out during a wrestling match.

Kouji is like “Oh boy soup!” and does not seemed to have noticed the violence at all.

Nev freaks out, drops the soup and tries to get Jeremy to regain consciousness while asking Scott what the fuck he’s doing. While all this is happening Kouji is still asking her about the soup.
Nev wrote:She looked over to Kouji, "There are more important things here than your stinking food!"
So Nev has to tend to Jeremy’s new wounds and hope he regains consciousness and after that, cook soup. But then Scott’s handler is like (Hi, I’m still here with a brick) and tries to kill Nev with a brick. While Nev is trying not to be killed Kouji is like “Hmmmm.....soup” and Jeremy grabs his sickle and is like “Yo, stop.”

Everyone OOC hates Kouji.

Jeremy is choking Scott and Scott is like “Stop!” and Jeremy’s like “Why should I? You tried to kill us” and Scotti s like “I’m scared!”

Nev passes out from too many bricks to the head and they decide to deal with that, but her handler tells Kouji he sucks and should find a new site to RP on. Kouji is suddenly evil and wants to kill them.
Jeremy wrote:"Leave now. I'm tired of you already. You didn't help once during the fight, and now your wanting to fight us.”
They hear some noise and Nev, Scott and Jeremy leave, with the other two agreeing to Jeremy’s conditions that they trust each other and make it out or die together.

Did the next couple threads at lunch so these are from memory and therefore more prone to error. Jeremy finds the body of Glenn and hears on the announcements that his boyfriend, Fred is, is dead. Scott and Jeremy talk about how he’s sad about his other friends and they promise to stay together as a new group, him Scott and Nev.

Just kidding, they’re separated almost immediately, but he does find Mallory sitting on a cliff. They have a really good moment where they talk about hope and despair. Mallory says she wants to hunt down Glenn’s killer, Peri, and Jeremy says he’ll help her do it. She’s like “That means we’ll probably both die” and he’s like “Well, there’s no way I’d rather die than helping a friend.” She changes her mind and says that she needs his help to find Peri because she’s injured in the leg, but when they find him she wants him to leave her and run away because she won’t have Jeremy’s death on her hands. He says he doesn’t like it, but respects her decision so that’s what he’ll do.

They hide in a gazebo when Jason comes by. Theseus doesn’t know what a gazebo is so Kyle links him a webpage with a gazebo WHICH IS THE WEBPAGE OF THE CITY WHERE KYLE LIVES. STRANGER DANGER, YOUNG KYLE.

Jason asks to see their weapons and they show them and he’s like “Those suck, you guys will die for sure.” Mallory runs away because she isn’t sure that Jeremy would really just leave when they find Peri and doesn't want his blood on her hands.

Jeremy approaches a house and the house has his cousin, Ryan, in it and his dying friend Clare. They do introductions and then HEATHER, MOTHERFUCKING HEATHER, limps over. Jeremy is overjoyed to see her, the last of his friends from their original group. Heather is dying of her wounds, but she’s glad to see him too. For the very first time in all of V1 I am getting FEELS and it’s from Heather’s deathpost which is really really sweet. She’s just happy to see Jeremy again, who she says has been her good luck charm.

Jeremy is sad and starts to cry and tries to stop crying because crying isn’t manly. Seriously. He resolves to go with Ryan and dying Clare to the warehouse and make it their strong hold. Ryan will go in first and if there’s anyone in there, Jeremy will walk up with the gun and then ????. They don’t want to kill but don’t know what they’ll do so they decide to wing it.

THE REBOOT REDUX. This is the warehouse thread and almost everyone in it dies, not counting Clemence because she only stays for two posts at the very end once everyone’s dead already.

So Ryan runs up and tries to tell him he’s being hunted and let him in and they tell him to fuck off. He leaves and Jeremy runs up pretending to be the guy hunting Ryan but they are still unimpressed. Inside the warehouse Jill, Jack, Martyn and Syndey are going crazy with paranoia, but I largely skipped this. Terrorist Angelina Kaige throws a grenade at the warehouse group killing most of them . Jeremy hears something and it’s Nev! He drops down and hugs her. It is here in the warehouse thread where his heart starts to shine through, his essence. He wonders if the island and the many loses he has suffered until this point have changed him. Has the island changed the core of him as a person and made him willing to do that which he promised never to do, kill?

Angelina kills Clare who was dying anyway, Clemence kills Ryan and En whatever sees the two huddled people and shoots Jeremy. It hits him in the shoulder and he whirls around and shoots his assailant, because if he wouldn’t she’d shoot him and then Nev.

But then Sidney shoots Nev, leaving Jeremy alone in the world.
[+] Spoiler

NO MORE THREADCAPS

Jeremy leaves and finds Clemence who he knows is Ryan’s murderer because she has his weapon.

She and Jeremy have nice symmetry in their flashbacks. Clemence hobbles through the forest and thinks of her time at the ballet academy where one very judgmental girl purges to stay thin and the other ballerinas shift around awkwardly, clearly disturbed, where Clemence is in awe. Jeremy is running with his wrestling team and he's not running fast enough. The coach tells him to run like he cares and he exhausts himself to stay pace with the others.
They're both about sports where they push themselves beyond was is strictly healthy in order to be better.
The difference is that Clemence seems to be a little proud of her unhealthy sacrifice and Jeremy seems to be a little more hesitant about his.

Clemence offers to team up with him to take down one of the terrorists. Jeremy knows Clemence killed Ryan and that she is a murderer, but he makes the decision to side with her because they’re both kids in the same situation. She shoots him in the stomach. Even though that happened and he knew there was a chance it might, he doesn’t regret his choice, because he wanted to give her the chance.

He then leaves and finds Lucinda Garnett. He again, wants to believe the best of her and she shoots at him. He decides that he’s not going to be killed by the game and he won’t participate either. Jeremy refuses to try to kill people to win, and he doesn’t want to win and become a poster boy for the terrorist. Instead he slams into Lucinda, runs to the car behind her and takes off. She jumps into another car and it’s a CAR SHOOT CHASE. Jeremy’s says he’s got a few Driver’s Ed lessons under his belt so I think we’re in good hands. Part of the reason I gave up on thread-recaps is because these two start a new thread as the cars drive through different locations so it's all one scene over multiple threads.

His radio works allowing his song posts to be diegetic which bothers me less than normal song posts (film theory talk, diegetic music is music that exists in the scene. Non-diegetic music is stuff that doesn't exist to the characters, like the score). Also all his songs are kickass so I mind them even less. For a brief period Jeremy and Lucinda have a song post war. But Jeremy obviously wins because his is “Don’t Dream It’s Over” by Crowded House and her is “Closure” by Chevelle. I think for the first time ever in my reading the song is actually fitting. Like, having a car chase with people shooting t each other to “Don’t Dream It’s Over” playing in the background is kind of great. There’s even a line in the song about his car being kindda busted.

Jeremy does an about face and runs straight at her, shooting, which fucks up her car a bit and he gets ahead and waits at a low cliff where he scribbles a note and then hits the gas and flies off the cliff. He lands roughly but the car is ok and Lucinda follows, fucking her car up more so the bottom is dragging. Jeremy drives to the warehouse where this all started and suddenly slams on the breaks, causing Lucinda to CRASH THE FUCK INTO HIM. Another song post starts and it’s “Daydream Believer” by the Monkees which is another excellent choice.

Lucinda is toast and dies as the sparks rom her car set the gasoline on fire and she melts. Jeremy is elated that he got to go out with a high action car chase and will top it off by taking his own life, making sure that he ends the game on his own terms. He thinks of all the good times he had with his friends on the island and shoots himself. Pan to the note wrote on the cliff.
Jeremy's letter wrote:“I just want to let everyone know, that I tried not to let any of my friends or family down. I am not playing the game, and I never will. If I go out, I plan on going out with a bang. I doubt this will ever get into the hands of my family, but I want you all to know I love you very much. Don't cry over me, and don't worry, for I am happy.

I have met some amazing people on this island, each one showed me a different part of myself. This experience will really show you who you are, and without the help of the friends I made on this island, I don't think I could have made it as far as I did.”
FINAL THOUGHTS: It’s fitting that Jeremy’s story ends with a song from The Monkees. They were part of a t.v. show about a band that wasn’t very successful, but in real life they outsold the Beatles and The Rolling Stones for a bit. They also make me think of like, goofy wholesomeness. That’s Jeremy. Sure he didn’t win, but he had more moral fiber than anyone in v1 I think so in his own mind he did win.

I don’t know if I can think of another character like Jeremy. No matter how bad things get, no matter how many of his friends die, no matter what people do to him or how much he suffers, he is hopeful and wants to give people a chance. Every time he comes across a new person he usually makes friends with them and promises to help people left right and center without asking anything in return. I’m kind of sad he didn’t make it farther because it would have been interesting to see how Dodd or Cody would react having to contend with someone standing at the very top of the moral high ground with no malice in their hearts.

I recommend Jeremy, but it takes a long time for him to get going due to the fact that he’s drowned out by more frequent posters in his early threads to the point that he becomes background noise. I would suggest reading his first thread, and then picking it back up at the first time he’s in “Girl 70 Start” where he meets Nev and Scott. You can skip the six threads between using this writeup to fill you in. He's not perfect, his early game drags and he lacks some depth for while, but he's a very solid first attempt from Theseus who would go on to only do better.

Working on Fred, who I read 80 percent of already when I did Jeremy.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] Spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] Spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Blastinus
Player

October 6th, 2017, 12:19 am #94

Carrie Webber is an odd one, since she actually seems like someone who would really exist, rather than some bizarre caricature. When she meets with Ryan Ashmore and they debate whether they should play the game or just defend themselves, I could imagine this as something I could see in V5 or V6. Cassie is well-meaning, scared, and wants more than anything just to survive. Rather than being selflessly opposed to killing, she's determined that she will fight if it's in self-defense. A very balanced viewpoint, and as a result, it's hard to find anything to criticize about her first few threads. Instead of ignoring when someone is being killed in front of her, her handler actually acknowledges it, even if she's too afraid to do something about it.

The most notable things about Cassie's early game are the flashbacks to life before the island. V1 started with the students being placed directly on the island, so it's difficult to get a feel of what life was like for most of them before coming to the island. The idea of flashbacking in order to fill in the gaps was probably the best solution, given the circumstances. It helps that in her case, they're fairly well-written and they provide more context for why she's the way she is upon reaching the island. One of her major struggles is that her dad abandoned her mother and her while she was in a coma, and so a little voice keeps insisting that the folks following her will do the exact same, resulting in some trust issues.

I should note a brief interruption in the narrative when a dead guy suddenly enters the scene. Cassie's handler Swoosh has to remind the dead guy's handler that the dead guy is indeed dead and shouldn't be talking to them, which is more of a reflection on the chaotic and somewhat unpolished nature of V1 as a whole. In fact, the OOC commentary takes so long that the place suddenly becomes a danger zone, forcing Cassie to run off yet again.

Strangely, at this point the new group she's with is asking her to call the shots. Put in this situation, Cassie decides that she's going to get the biggest weapon among them, because she doesn't trust anyone there. Naturally, when her team isn't inclined to pass a gun her way, she suddenly gets more hostile and threatening. This seems like a sudden shift, but we've heard her inner monologue all this time saying that she can't trust anyone and that she has to kill them before they kill her, so the temptation has always been there. When she finds that she can't rely on the group any more, she says that she's leaving to thin the herd, and in response, one of her old team members shoots her in the back, ending her game before it even starts.

Gotta say, while Cassie didn't actually do anything really, her interactions with people and the conflicts in her own head gave her an interesting vibe. Compared to a lot of V1, her writing was worlds above, and her conclusion didn't feel sudden or unsatisfying. Overall, a pretty nice read.

Can I go again?

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 6th, 2017, 6:45 am #95

Blastinus: Aaron Bourdon
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz

Blastinus
Player

October 6th, 2017, 1:54 pm #96

Ah, Aaron Bourdon, he of the technicolor eyes. His profile suggests that he's had a rough life and that he's teetering on the edge between good and evil. Interesting, I suppose, but how does that manifest ingame? Well, his handler Skythe made two characters, Aaron and another named Jake Driggers, and they both fell under the control of a handler named Kuze, who proceeded to use them as glorified jobbers for their own character, Eh-Sun Choi. In Aaron's case, he gets the thoroughly undignified death of being paralyzed with a cattle prod and drowned before he even gets a single line or even puts up the semblance of a fight. Bleh.

Mind if I keep it going?

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 6th, 2017, 2:20 pm #97

[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz

Blastinus
Player

October 6th, 2017, 3:58 pm #98

Helena Van Garrett was not the stupidest first death in SOTF history. That would, of course, go to Remi Pierce. That being said, she does kind of throw herself to the wolves a bit, approaching none other than Hawley Faust with open arms. Her five minutes of fame are incredibly well-written for V1, with some fun character-building for Helena as she washes up in a nearby creek as her introduction. The girl is stupid and naive, but in a believable way, and even as Hawley opens up on her with a shotgun, she doesn't just immediately take a bullet to the head, but instead puts up an entertaining fight against him. As Hawley Faust's first kill on the island, it actually feels like he had to work for it and that it wasn't simply handed to him on a platter. In this way, orangeflamingo succeeded in not just creating an excellent death scene for their own character, but elevating Hawley as well in the process.

Correction to the above: I think that V1's first death was the best one I've ever seen. If the rest of V1 had followed in this level of quality, it would have been a whole lot less silly. To that end, I have nothing but praise for how Helena Van Garrett was handled.

Let's keep it coming!

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 6th, 2017, 4:02 pm #99

Blastinus: Max McNeal
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

October 6th, 2017, 4:20 pm #100

Finished Fred.

Fred starts at the warehouse with Jeremy. For the first 5 threads of Fred, please refer to Part 1 of my Jeremy review.

Anyhow, he's shot at the hospital and wanders away to try and draw the random shooter away from his friends. But it doesn't work, the shooter keeps shooting and them and he gets separated for his troubles. He next comes upon Lyndi and Callum. They are freaked out, but they know him from school and he knows them so they do their best to heal his wounds while a crazy Cody Jensen tears through. He sees Lyndi and decides he is in love with her and will do anything to possess her. The group leaves.

Next Callum hears a scream and feels guilty about leaving a girl named Beth so he leaves to his doom. They pick up Lyndi's best friend, Elsie who is secretly pregnant and can't bring herself to tell Lyndi, but Fred senses there's something making her upset. A boy named Vince comes up and he's acting a little sketchy, but mostly ok.

Lyndi and Fred talk, Lyndi is scared that he'll leave her and although he was to reunite with his brother, Jeremy and Heather, he feels for her and promises to stay with her.

Then crazy Cody comes up, still determined to kill the group and take Lyndi. Fred tells the girls to get inside the lighthouse and he'll fight Cody. He's pretty realistic about his odds though.
Fred wrote:‘Cept this time you’re up against probably the craziest person on the whole bleeding island, who’s at the moment armed with a tire iron. Bit better than an axe, but still not that good, and you got yourself a pipe wrench and a flashbang… oh, this is rather depressing really.’
Vince is a coward and he also goes inside, leaving Fred to fight Cody alone with his pipe wrench, gifted from Heather. Lyndi breaks eventually and screams at Vince for leaving Fred alone and goes out herself. But it's too late, Fred's been shot.

Final thoughts: Fred's pretty good. He's a decent, normal guy with a protector streak. I think I prefer him to his more indecisive, less outgoing brother, Glenn. I'd recommend him, but I think he picks up more once he gets to the smaller group with Lyndi. Special shout out for Lyndi by the way, she's great.

Another.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.

17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom SO WORTH IT

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Blastinus
Player

October 6th, 2017, 4:25 pm #101

wrote:His dream in life is to be famous, perferably on TV. He wants the world to know his name. It got so bad one day that, when he was picked as a understudy for the lead role, he mixed cleaning fluids and put them in a bottle of coke for the student. He became so sick that Max got the lead role.
Okay, good start. We've got another felon on our hands here. Max's approach to the game was basically to play to the cameras like he was on some reality show, so in addition to resorting to petty means to get what he wants, he's also kinda dumb. Playing for fame sounds great, but it's not like being eliminated gets you a brief confessional and a short interview in the reunion show. It just gets you dead.

Right then, so he meets some kids and puts on the crocodile tears. Deciding to play along when they're suspicious of him, he surrenders his bag, and then is surprised when one of them grabs it and runs off. Really bringing his A game here. I would describe the writing, but it's primarily just short reactions and a snatch of dialogue with no real flavor. That is, until he decides to find a camera and start monologuing at it. Thankfully for us all, Cody Jenson randomly shows up and decides to attack him for no real reason. I don't like Cody, nor his handler, since he seems like one of those fight scene lawyers who try to create scenarios in which their opponent has no choice but to lose, then they complain whenever anyone else doesn't comply with their flawed reasoning.

Anyway, during this ridiculous fistfight, Shinya Motomura shows up and uses his gun to break it up, driving Cody away. That's when Max has an amazing leap of logic, deciding that in order to build his credibility, he needs to bring someone down, and his best possible option is the guy with the gun pointed at him. It doesn't work, and I don't particularly miss Max either. The problem is that no matter how narcissistic or self-absorbed you are, logic or simple fight-or-flight instincts should have probably taken over long ago. Having him be this obsessed with fame when there's bullets flying just makes him seem delusional or stupid, and it isn't a very well-written stupid either. They're all characters, of course, but Max makes it a lot more obvious than some that he doesn't exist, and never would exist by any stretch of the imagination.

Let's keep going.

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 6th, 2017, 4:26 pm #102

Ruggahissy: Heather Pendergast
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 6th, 2017, 4:35 pm #103

Blastinus: Kousaka Takeda
[+] Spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] Spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

October 6th, 2017, 4:36 pm #104

My sacrifices worked. Before I start her I want to lodge a request for new art because her profile says she has red bangs and that's not reflected in her face maker. Actually, fuck it, I'm making her a new Facemaker
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Victoria says:
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

Dom SO WORTH IT

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

v6
v5

v4

Blastinus
Player

October 6th, 2017, 5:28 pm #105

Kousaka Takeda is a transfer from DarkMagick High. And yes, it's precisely what it sounds like:
wrote:In his times at DarkMagick High, he began to learn the basics of gunship and soon became a superb user of the dark gun arts.
Well, this is shaping up to be something truly magical.

Unfortunately, nobody wants to play along with the poor Mr. Takeda in his first thread, so he just meditates under a waterfall and moves on. It's funny that we've reached a point where that's considered mundane. In his next thread, he reflects on the sunset and nobody shows up, so he moves on. In his next thread, he skips some stones over a river, but nobody shows up, so he moves on.

There's a disturbing lack of dark magic happening here.

Finally, FINALLY, he runs into some people, and he responds by acting confrontational and cold towards them. This isn't unprecedented, because his profile suggests a degree of emotional detachment, but it's also not conducive to the making of alliances. Also, there's this creepy line, taken entirely out of context:
wrote:"Well, well, a little missy here to entertain me, huh?" He said sharply lifting his chin to the air.
I don't think I like Kousaka. But oh wait, he's putting a pair of goggles on, and a dark aura is gathering around him. Are we going to see some magic happening?! Oddly, no. He reaches into his bag to pull out a smoke grenade, but then everyone else assumes that what he's actually got is flashbangs. Uh, no, everyone, his profile clearly says smoke grenades. But his handler is confused enough that Kousaka backpedals through time and instead just...starts crying and sobbing. Oooookay then. Like literally, he goes in two posts from being a cocky jerk to a wailing mess, and it's super jarring. But I guess it works, since the group lets him go and all, so maybe it was just him putting on an act to get out of a sticky situation.

Ha! No. In his next and final thread, he becomes a silent spectator to the absolutely horrible Peri Barclay sadistic choice thing with Glenn that I mentioned before, and that just makes him cry again and crumple into the fetal position. Naturally, when Eh-Sun wanders by, she does what Eh-Sun do and casually murders him, leaving me vaguely unsatisfied and more than a little confused.

Like, what happened there? Did the shock of going back a few seconds in time scramble something in Kousaka's brain? He was confident and sure of himself, emotionally distant like his profile said, and everything was hunky-dory, then for his last moments, he's completely out of character and he goes out like a chump. He didn't even get to show his dark magical gun skills.

Well, let's hope the next one is better.