The V1 Read-A-Thon

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 20th, 2017, 6:15 pm #181

Bowser: Chance Burton

Blastinus: Daisuke Andou
[+] spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

Theseus
Player

October 23rd, 2017, 7:07 am #182

Wow, I have not logged into this site for many many many years. I did not think it even existed anymore until I happened upon it again by chance. I am glad to see it still going strong, with a strong community. I loved reading the summaries of all the earlier version characters, and want to thank Ruggahissy for an amazing write up of my character Jeremy. It was great reliving all of the memories I had writing these characters and watching as the stories all unfolded.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

October 23rd, 2017, 7:09 am #183

Oh shit it's Theseus!
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Winner
Winner

October 23rd, 2017, 7:10 am #184

:0

!

THESEUUUUUUS!

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

October 23rd, 2017, 7:12 am #185

:O

We’re blessed. ANOTHER 11 years. But thanks for the kind words and for writing an enjoyable kid! (#jeremyshouldhavebeeninendgame)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Theseus
Player

October 23rd, 2017, 7:30 am #186

11 years, I can hardly believe it. Time sure has flown by. Thank you guys, and thank you Rugga again. Jeremy was definitely my favorite character I wrote. I have been perusing this board and really enjoyed finding out Lenny Priestly (one of my V3 characters) is pretty controversial except for I guess MurderWeasels affection for him. Though I will say I was always fond of Neil when it came to my V3 characters, I really enjoyed the escape and the whole SADD arc.

Kermit
Contender

October 23rd, 2017, 2:28 pm #187

: o

HI THESEUS I LOVE YOU.
"Kermit you are the guy in the horror movie that finds a book bound in human skin and decides to read out loud what is inside for fun" - some mean lady named Ruggahissy
[+] spoiler
V1 art!

v2 art ;~;
Sadly kermit looked at a mariavel. It was so sad... such a sad mariavel... like him... he only waned a normal life... was that too much to ask? was it?

Blastinus
Player

October 24th, 2017, 4:54 am #188

Daisuke Andou is interesting since his story doesn't have much to do with Adam Dodd, but he gets pretty far in the game. I'm interested to see how someone handles not being in Dodd's immensely "heroic" shadow. There's not much to go on with his profile, other than two pertinent details: First, in this game, two classes were actually abducted at once. One from Barry Coleson High, and another from a Tokyo school called Shisei High. This is important to Daisuke's story because it means that he's going to be unfamiliar with a lot of the kids in the game.

Second, Daisuke has a deep-seated sado-masochistic issue. Rather than being a throwaway detail, this will actually be vital to his story. Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are.

Daisuke's dream team gathers almost immediately upon his arrival. Reading ahead, Daisuke, Aiden Ambrose, and Umi Martin are going to be tight buds for a while in this game. And sure enough, their first thread is just the typical "I'm not playing? You playing? No? Cool." sort of stuff. The vital building block of any alliance. Daisuke drops out of the conversation pretty early, probably because the handler was busy when Aiden and Umi were still talking, so in the next thread, it's played up as if he had just zoned out for a while. They're on their way to a location, so they spend the second thread just discussing their weapons and what they bring to the table. Umi is skilled with guns, and Daisuke's forced to confess that he is not, which makes him a bit nervous. And that's the scene.

Reaching the hospital in the next scene, they find it occupied by none other than Hawley Faust. What transpires is actually a fascinating scene, since I'm so used to modern SOTF where hiding is undone by a single character going "Hey, look over there!" Instead, after a genuinely interesting bit of cat and mouse, the cover is blown by Daisuke spontaneously giving in to his character flaw.
wrote:A maniac grin lit up Daisuke's face, the adrenaline of the game had awoken his sadistic tendancies, he wanted blood and he wanted it now...
Naturally, this is cured by Umi delivering a sharp slap to the face, but the jig is up. As they flee the scene, Hawley fires a few rounds in their general direction, and Aiden is clipped.

Next scene, it's time to cure their fallen comrade, and I'm not sure if Daisuke's handler intended for Aiden and him to become a couple, but Aiden's handler is definitely leaning in that direction, with a post that can best be described as romantic GMing:
wrote:"How do you know so much about survival," Aiden gasped. Dai's hand was squeezing back.
Aiden passes out at this point so Daisuke can explain what it was that happened back there. He's hesitant, of course, out of embarrassment and perhaps a bit of shame, but eventually he opens up about it, and this is a fascinating bit of character development, which must regrettably be interrupted by Gabrielle Minase, who threatens everyone, gets surrounded by people wielding guns, and dies of AIDS. Of course, that's not what happens, since instead the stress causes Daisuke to go sadistic again and he shoots Minase dead. It's a hasty band-aid applied over a bizarre death quote, but at least it helps Daisuke's character a little. This time, a slap doesn't do it, so Umi has to smack him in the back of the head with her gun, and the group has to flee before people get attracted to Daisuke's gunshot.

Next thread, Daisuke starts to consider whether he should separate from the group for everyone else's sake, but Umi convinces him that there's another way, that maybe they could escape and take down the people who brought them there. Joining them for this is Andrew Lipson, who has the one scene here with Umi as I've described before, only to get zap-drop-drowned. This really isn't Andrew's story, so let's focus on Daisuke who interacts with another Shisei student named Kiyoko Asakawa who can only speak Japanese. Daisuke has an advantage here because he can translate to and from Japanese for the benefit of everyone else present or carry on private conversations with Kiyoko that nobody else can pick up on, since they don't know the language. He also carries on his relationship with Aiden, and even gets into the swing of things himself:
wrote:"I promise you Aiden, we'll leave together, i'll look out for you" Daisuke smiled at the shorter boy
Will they ever confess their feelings for one another? Well, not in this thread, since Daisuke "spaces out" right before Andrew has his big death scene, only to rejoin the group next thread, when he has to explain to everyone else that Kiyoko took Aiden's weapon because she's scared and doesn't trust them. In particular, the group has attracted the attention of Peri Barclay, so her suspicions are right on the money. Still, Daisuke trusts him enough to be discussing escape attempts, or at least the possibility of one. Nothing particularly concrete and it's obvious they're just making stuff up as they go along. Much like most V1 escape attempts, there's just not enough info to go on yet to formulate a proper plan of attack.

But enough about that, it's time for Aiden to pass out again. Daisuke is so concerned about his fallen comrade that all his handler seems to post is how he's unconcerned with the bullets flying and people dying around him, just so long as he can care for Aiden. And with that, we're basically a hair's breadth away from turning subtext into text. By the time Aiden wakes up, Umi and Kiyoko, along with a few others who showed up, have all left and subsequently died, leaving Daisuke alone with Peri, who suggests that Daisuke should just put a bullet between Aiden's eyes since he's such a burden.
wrote:Aiden glared at Peri, almost to weak for words.

"He loves me..."
Aaaaaaaand there we go. Fortunately, Peri decides to give the two of them a pass, so they're able to go on their way just in time to see Sarge get BUSHMURDERED! It always comes back to Daphne somehow. Watching mostly silently as the group deliberates on what to do with Daphne, he's forced to take cover with Aiden when a Slayer murderbot arrives on the scene. Engaging in a brief firefight, the group has to disperse because the place has become a danger zone. The group has a brief breather in the woods during which nothing particularly of note happens with Daisuke, since he just phases out of the scene for what has to be the third time.

At this point, Daisuke's handler seems to be either running out of motivation or just really busy, as Daisuke numbly follows Aiden along and doesn't participate at all in scenes, except for a post every now and then to prevent him from falling into inactive status. Doesn't help though, since he just departs from Aiden and gets oneshot killed by Steven Hyde in a really lame way that doesn't give any room for characterization or cleverness.

So what did I think of Daisuke? Well, no offense, but he didn't end up actually accomplishing much of anything. There was some half-spirited talk of an escape, but effectively, he was just following Aiden around and everything that he did was resolved around being with Aiden and protecting Aiden and so on and so forth. There was just nothing there, and that's disappointing to me. Daisuke ended up just existing in the game and really petered out at the end.

Next!

Inge
Player
Inge
Player

October 24th, 2017, 6:54 am #189

Blastinus: Kaleigh Jones
[+] spoiler
Serena Waters
Will Mckinley
[+] spoiler
Seth Dunn
Sean Leibowitz
I do let's plays on my youtube channel here.

Blastinus
Player

October 24th, 2017, 3:04 pm #190

Kaleigh Jones...where to begin. I guess let's start with her profile. Apparently she's got multiple personalities and has used them to become a versatile model, performing a number of nude shots at the age of 16. I'm reasonably sure there's a law against that, but let's set that aside, since naturally, one of her personalities is a little girl, and the other one is obsessed with sex. Kaleigh herself is just...there, I guess? She doesn't get a description of her personality besides being the "normal" one, whatever that means.

Right, well, first thread is just a oneshot where Kaleigh, "Carly" (the little girl), and "Freya" (the sex-obsessed one) have a giant argument with one another. It's as by-the-numbers as you might expect, so moving right along, the next thread has Carly go to the river and do nothing, before Freya takes over and leaves, since nobody responded for a full week. Finally, Adam Dodd kills the three of them in a Dodd oneshot where he naturally picks the least sympathetic personality and has her become generically villainous so he can justify shooting her in the head. After all, if he actually killed someone who was just trying to survive, then his character would be more ambiguous.

There's nothing to say about Kaleigh. The personalities are just another gimmick character and there's never an opportunity to flesh them out. Kind of a waste of time, really.

Right then, let's do another.