The Tenth Announcement

Namira
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2011, 10:19 pm #1

The appropriate calls had been made. The appropriate individuals spoken to.

Some of the conversations had been, to understate it, a little more difficult than the others.

Telling the wife of one of your oldest friends that her husband wasn't going to be coming home... that was difficult.

At the very least, this painfully long game was going to be over soon. Not long left now.

Then? Once it had finished?

Well, then it would be up to Greynolds to pick up the pieces. Analyse things to try and see where it all went wrong.

But right now, the whole project tasted like bitter ashes.

These wounds would take a long time to heal.

Greynolds sighed, rubbing at his temples.

Time to continue.

He keyed the PA system.

---

(Credit Toben)

"Greynolds here, again. It's time for roll call.

"First to die was George Leidman, whose neck was snapped by Maxwell Lombardi. Next off, Josie Vernon shot Morgan Leftowitz full of holes.

"Kris Hartmann continued her explosive kick by blasting Sunil Savarkar to pieces, along with a good portion of the dock. Kitty Gittschall shot a hole in Autumn O'Leary's head, then waltzed away. Showing that it's never too late to randomly murder a second person, Ema Ryan killed Ma'afu Tuigamala and then butchered his corpse.

"Maxwell Lombardi killed... wait, no, Maxwell Lombardi was killed by Raidon Naoko, who did a pretty good job of it. The eventual cause of death was the fall from the cliff, though I'd be remiss not to mention that it wasn't that simple. Following the pushing trend, Ericka Bradley shoved Thea Kairos into the tunnels. Not quite a kill, but still a death.

"Kitty Gittschall was torn to pieces by Garry Villette. Then, Alice Boucher was shot in the chest by Julian Avery, who died himself shortly thereafter, from wounds sustained in his earlier tangle with Lombardi. Then, Aston Bennet shot Quincy Jones in the head. And a couple of other places too. Finally, Robert Barron hit upon the genius idea of fucking with his collar, so it fucked with him. Better."

"Since there are less than fifty of you left, it seems a good time to rein things in a little. For the rest of the game, you should stay out of both sides of the Felled Forest, the Northern Cliffs, the Key, the Greens, and the Warehouse.

"Also, the Hall of Mirrors is off limits until tomorrow. Mr. Villette has a prize to pick up there.

"As always, I've got things covered. We'll speak again tomorrow."

Congrats to Greg and Ciel, for the deaths of Morgan Leftowitz and Kitty Gittschall respectively.

Here are some rolls. You're welcome.

#1 Garry Villette (Renard)
#2 Neill Robertson (Fairy)
#3 Jessica Pentangeli (Ciel)
#4 Jason Harris (Julian) - Rhory Anne Broderick (karsk, Hero Card used)
#5 Janet Binachi (Dete)
#6 Joe Rios (Sean)
#7 Kris Hartmann (Namira)
#8 Nathan Choultard (Greg)

Usual deadlines apply. Three for cards and DZs, seven further for completion of the death.

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

Ciel
Mr. Danya

July 20th, 2011, 10:41 pm #2

Give ideas plz. I'm not sure whether to use my null or not. I need ideas though, so don't hesitate to send it. Just one thing - it's got to involve Rugga's Nick in some way~!

JamesRenard
Leader

July 20th, 2011, 10:46 pm #3

Oh come on.

Um, yeah, obviously I would prefer that Garry doesn't die, especially after winning BKA. Seriously, thanks a lot whoever voted for him!

So, anyway, a little help, please?
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
[+] Spoiler
Sandra Ortega: Daughter of a teacher, sister of a delinquent, wants to succeed

[+] Spoiler
G109: Miranda Merchant - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Hearing is Believing (The Woods: Inland) /// Rank: 227/276
Thread chain: O=O=O=O

B146: Marco Stonecastle (adopted from Danetrix) - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Breaking Down the Wall (The Warehouse) /// Rank: 177/276
Thread chain: O=O=O=O

B145: Garry "Garou" Villette - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Burn On (The Mountain) /// Rank: 44/276
Thread chain: O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O

B141: Saul Fetteralf (adopted from Jackson) - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Dead-End Scenario (The Parish) /// Rank: 15/276
Thread chain: O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O

B121: Allen Birkman - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: RESCUED /// Location: Four-Act Structure /// "Rank": 76/276
Thread chain: O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O=O

[+] Spoiler
20:44BetaKnight I do have more fucks than you do. I've been tending my fuck farm.

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0

Sean
Survivor

July 21st, 2011, 12:04 am #4

If someone could hero or null Joe Rios, I'd appreciate it, but I'm not expecting much since we're so close to endgame.

I mean, it really is shitty luck getting rolled twice in a row.
[+] Spoiler
B124 - Joe Rios - Nothing - Shot
G118 - Rose Codreanu - Nothing - Collarsploded
B048 - Milo Taylor - Nothing - Bled Out
[+] Spoiler
Mark Kent
Quoth Super Llama: wrote:One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

And the masses will look upon him and weep at the beauty of it all.
wrote:[19:25] Hallucinogenic: it's not like i wanna put my anus on parade
wrote:04:26MimiOH
04:26MimiTHAT'S LESS BAD
04:27MimiI THOUGHT SHE HAD TO JERK OFF MONKEYS

July 21st, 2011, 12:42 am #5

Similarly to the above, after just nulling Neill and getting a grand total of about 3 more posts with him for it, I'd love the chance to get to play him a little longer. But it's getting towards the end of the game so I'm not expecting anything. I'd just like to play a little longer!

At any rate, people are welcome to PM me death ideas but I already have a couple of ideas in place. Heroic versus hilarious. Am undecided.

And while I'm here, I may well need an extension. Basically, having failed an exam in the year I have the delight of the resits. Which are on the 1st and 2nd August, and if I don't pass these I get thrown off the course or forced to resit the year. So until the afternoon of the 2nd I'm revising like a crazy thing.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] Spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Post-game: ❤ ❤

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Fanatic
Player

July 21st, 2011, 1:03 am #6

Oh dear.

Well requesting a hero or a null like everyone else is - I do have my own hero left which I'm willing to put up as Jason is my flag and I kinda had a few things I wanted to do with him.

If not I may have to ask for an extension as the setup I've been waiting a month and a half for is STILL not resolved.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
[+] Spoiler
The Lost...
B046 Jason Harris - "Hey mates, you guys ready to do this?" >>> "Listen mate, we gotta group up, play smart" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - END

...and the Damned
B091 Phillip Ward - "If I play badly I'll pick a fight in the third, just to get into a fight" >>> "You're not on the team, you're dead." 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - DECEASED
G037 Sarah Atwell - "Any message for the class of 2009?" >>> "I wanted to be behind the camera" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - DECEASED
B053 Teo Weinstock - "Yay for Teo! I've got this." >>> "Life is a competition, one I'm going to win" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - DECEASED

nope
Winner

July 21st, 2011, 2:55 am #7

Heroing Jason Harris with Rhory Anne Broderick, with the agreement that Fan will hero Erik Laurin or Ilario Fiametta the next time they're rolled. You're a rock star Julian <3

Also requesting an extension of at least a week. I have some ongoing personal crap (evinced by the fact that I've been posting like a slug for the last few weeks) & I'm also (hopefully!) starting a new job by next week. Rhory's death is already sketched out & should be rolling within the week, but there's zero chance I'll make the deadline. I can send staff info on how this'll go down/what the aforementioned personal crap is should you guys need it.

Also please don't PM me for deaths rights blah blah

Fanatic
Player

July 21st, 2011, 2:58 am #8

YEY! I totally agree to this

You are THE rockstar James, I could kiss you right now!
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
[+] Spoiler
The Lost...
B046 Jason Harris - "Hey mates, you guys ready to do this?" >>> "Listen mate, we gotta group up, play smart" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - END

...and the Damned
B091 Phillip Ward - "If I play badly I'll pick a fight in the third, just to get into a fight" >>> "You're not on the team, you're dead." 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - DECEASED
G037 Sarah Atwell - "Any message for the class of 2009?" >>> "I wanted to be behind the camera" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - DECEASED
B053 Teo Weinstock - "Yay for Teo! I've got this." >>> "Life is a competition, one I'm going to win" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - DECEASED

nope
Winner

July 21st, 2011, 3:03 am #9

i would like to note that jj kissing me is now also part of the deal

so who wants to buy me plane tickets

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 21st, 2011, 9:48 pm #10

Two days and thirty-one minutes for cards and DZs.

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 23rd, 2011, 12:41 am #11

Twenty-one hours and thirty-eight minutes for cards and DZs. Reminder: there is no lenience on DZs, so please get clear promptly.

Ciel
Mr. Danya

July 23rd, 2011, 5:09 am #12

Ello...

Just so we don't rush this, I have to ask for an extension. A week just to be sure. I have to handle two deaths this month and I might be involved in a third (not sure on that.) The other party here has got work like every day this week and next, so they won't exactly be free. ; ; I'm just asking as a precaution. We've got lots riding on this!

Sean
Survivor

July 23rd, 2011, 1:44 pm #13

Okay, since the chances of Joe Rios getting saved are next to nil, I'm putting out an open call for anyone that wants to be involved in his death.

The catch: ideally you should be willing to seriously injure or kill off the character you're using in the process, since I would prefer to have Joe die in a fairly awesome way. It would also help if your character is a player, but it isn't necessary.

Worked out a deal with someone.
[+] Spoiler
B124 - Joe Rios - Nothing - Shot
G118 - Rose Codreanu - Nothing - Collarsploded
B048 - Milo Taylor - Nothing - Bled Out
[+] Spoiler
Mark Kent
Quoth Super Llama: wrote:One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

And the masses will look upon him and weep at the beauty of it all.
wrote:[19:25] Hallucinogenic: it's not like i wanna put my anus on parade
wrote:04:26MimiOH
04:26MimiTHAT'S LESS BAD
04:27MimiI THOUGHT SHE HAD TO JERK OFF MONKEYS

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm #14

Five hours and thirty-two minutes for cards and DZs. I'm going to be gone until this evening, but DZ deaths (should any be slated) could really kick in any time after deadline, so you really need to get clear quickly.

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 24th, 2011, 12:16 am #15

That's time for cards and DZs. Six days, twenty-two hours, and three minutes for deaths.