The start of something truly absurd

Those that are able to make it through the mud, wet, and cold found in the swamp can find hope at the key. In the distance, a sailboat can be seen at the coast line. However as students move closer across the coarse sand they will find their hope to have been short-lived as unfortunately, the boat in question is merely a shipwreck amongst a small reef in the shallow water.* Threads Allowed: 1 *
Dropbear
Player

August 16th, 2010, 12:23 pm #11

She examined the man coming out. Another usual teenager, bit of a nerd, really. With his hands up in the air, he walked towards them. Completely normal. Except for the gun in his hand, held the wrong way. It seemed that the gamble had paid off. Feeling the pat on the back, she tried to get her brain out of it's clunk and actually work.

"I guess you don't want to play."

Fuck playing. Fuck the rules.

Repeating those lines in her head, she glanced at the smile on Ema's face. Dangerous. They weren't dangerous. That was news to her. Doing something dangerous would be trying to attempt a backflip on the edge of a cliff. Or crossing the road. That was dangerous. People take calculated risks every day, trying to work out their chance of survival.

Wincing and giving a slight twitch, she looked at the man again.

"Let's talk. OK. What's your name, and why the fuck do you deserve to survive?"

Slightly unusual question. Eve didn't care.

SRJJJB
Leader
SRJJJB
Leader

August 16th, 2010, 4:58 pm #12

((Michelle O'Cain continued from We All Start Somewhere))

Cold, wet, annoyed, scared, angry, dirty and so many more adjectives could be use to describe Michelle at this moment. The girl was fustrated at best. Ever since she left team useless she had walk across the swamp at a slow paced. She had made sure to keep her head down and stay in a crouching state. Sure it made things longer but on a island where everyone was trying to kill themsleves she couldn't care less about her own agony. It's better to be in pain than dead right?

I should of just attack... I should of just attack...

Part of her was extremly angry at the fact so many individuals arrived at the same times as her to find Rizzo. Given the chance she would of killed Theo if it wasn't for OC.

She stop for a short rest and lay on her back. She went ahead again to cover herself in more mud and dirt to help her camoflage. She close her eyes for a minute and let herself rest. The swamps were an extremely unpleasent place to be. It was hard to travel through, and the open view would easily allowed anyone to shoot a target that was too stupid to keep it's head down. Like OC and Theo. God she was in a pissy mood. The whole situation she was in had really change her from quiet to grumpy and violent. It was because of the stress she'd figured. Stupid swamp.

She estimated that she had sat down about what she figured was about five minutes. With that she stood up again in the same crouching position she was in and kept movign foward. Only a short while later did she notice the swamp was getting less and less thick. She notice she was arriving to a less wet terrain. She was leaving the swamps! Finally she was able to relax in a less annoying terrain. She decided to take a risk at this point. If someone was nearby they would of shot her by now. So she stood up and started walking and then started to run. It felt nice letting her body go for once.

She kept running for a short while when she notice several figures in the distance. At this point she wasn't sure what to do. If they were playing like her they would obviously attack. Of course with a group of three it obviously meant they were probably friendly. Michelle wasn't sure if she shoudl approach them or not. It was the whole Rizzo scenario again.

This time she decided to watch instead of interact. She drop her blue bag and look for something to hide behind. Noticing a log she made a small dash for it and hide behind it. Hopefully being covered in dirt would help her hide. She threw herself on to the ground and watch the trio. Hopefully she wouldn't be notice either.

KingKamor
Leader

August 16th, 2010, 10:31 pm #13

"Wanna chill?"

Ridley hadn't heard such beautiful words ever since he and everyone else were gassed on the bus. The thought of relaxation was a welcoming one, but his surroundings kept him in focus, if only just. He maintained a good ten or fifteen feet from the girls, not daring to get any closer in case they decide it a good idea to jump him. They both looked nice, but he wouldn't put it past anyone at that point.

"I'm okay. Relaxing is the last thing I want to do right now." He said in response to Ema. Her hair color surprised him a little, as did Eve's. He had always liked when girls had strange colored hair, and these two were right on the money in that regard. Focus, Rid! With a shake of his head, he listened to what Eve had to say.

"What's your name, and why the fuck do you deserve to survive?"

He finally recognized Eve as the famous teen mother from the school. He never thought too hard on her situation, usually keeping his thoughts to himself whenever she was brought up in conversation, but he understood that she had more to lose in this game than he did. "My name's Ridley. Or Rid, or whatever you want to call me. At this point, we're all just walking targets. Why should I survive, though? Because I don't want to die, that's why." He paused. "Heh. I guess that already puts the three of us at odds, doesn't it?"

He managed to crack a smile. A small one, but it was still a smile. Wiping some of the drying mud off of his pants, he took the time to look at the girls' bags. Ema's didn't look too full or clunky, so it didn't have anything big in it. Eve's on the other hand, looked like it had something bigger than normal stuffed into it.

"Okay, you two know what I have for a weapon, so what do you two have? If either of you are useful, then I'll stick around." A little too blunt, but it wasn't as if Eve was one to talk.

For a moment, he thought that he heard something fall with a thud behind him, but a glance in that direction told him that nobody was there. Nobody that he could see, anyway.
G###: Lark "Birdie" Finley
(Pending Approval)

B###: _____ ______
(Profile In Progress)

Chib
Leader

August 16th, 2010, 10:51 pm #14

Ridley looked unsure. Ema could hardly blame him. For the last however long she'd been awake, the rational part of her had been wondering just why the hell she herself wasn't quaking in her metaphorical boots. Oh well, it was a conundrum for another time.

"I'm okay. Relaxing is the last thing I want to do right now."

She'd thought as much. "Yeah, can't say I didn't see that coming, what with all the imminent death. I kinda scare me, to be honest." An odd response, to be sure, but it hardly mattered. And yet, in the moments before Eve spoke up, she could've sworn despair wasn't the only thing on the boy's mind, in fact... was he checking the two of them out? Well, it was probably his last chance.

"What's your name, and why the fuck do you deserve to survive?"
"My name's Ridley. Or Rid, or whatever you want to call me. At this point, we're all just walking targets. Why should I survive, though? Because I don't want to die, that's why." He paused. "Heh. I guess that already puts the three of us at odds, doesn't it?"

Yeah, back to seriousness. So he was called Ridley. Sounded familiar, just like he looked familiar, but Ema still wasn't sure why. Meanwhile, he seemed to be assessing their state of arms. He'd clearly realised she had nothing visible, and probably that Eve was bluffing about having a gun. But instead of calling her out, he was more interested - understandably - in what they did have.

"Okay, you two know what I have for a weapon, so what do you two have? If either of you are useful, then I'll stick around."

Ema was just about to reply, but Ridley got that unsure expression again, and looked behind him. She craned her neck to take a look too. She saw nothing, but asked anyway, "Someone back there, Rid?", already using the nickname he'd offered. Whether it was her stupid optimistic side trying to be friendly, or her horribly paranoid one hoping to make Ridley himself friendly, it was hard to say. Maybe both. Either way, engendering goodwill was in the interests of both points of view.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]

Dropbear
Player

August 17th, 2010, 3:44 am #15

…wait, was he checking them out?

Resisting the urge to laugh, Eve nodded at his answer. Ridley, Rid. Riddles. He didn’t seem too bad. If anything, he seemed to be pretty sharp. Asking for weapons was good. Although Eve didn’t want to open her bag and check. It was long, that was for sure-
Eve’s ears twitched as she looked behind Ridley. The pier gave a creak. Brown. Lots of green and brown. But for a second there was motion. Combined with the footsteps…

“Looks like we’ve found our next contestant on ‘The Price is Right.’”

She gave a glance at the new kid, dropping her voice down to a whisper. “You weren’t followed, were you?” Slowly she started to bend down to the bag’s zip. Just in case. She wasn’t going to use whatever it was. Only for defence. Defend against anyone who wanted to take her away from her family. That was fair, right? With a quick nod at the bag, Eve gave a mutter at herself. “Here goes nothing.” In one clean motion she opened it up, her mind reeling.

A sword.

She got a heavy fucking curved sword.

Picking it up slowly by the handle, Eve gave an insane laugh.

“Well, that was anti-climatic. Why don’t we invite our new guest?”

SRJJJB
Leader
SRJJJB
Leader

August 17th, 2010, 10:55 am #16

Michelle swore under her breath. She had notice that all the kids glance at her. Who knows if one of them saw her. To add her quick fall seem to have made a larger thud than what she had intended. As much as she stood still she didn't know if they had notice her or not. Again they didn't seem hostile but she didn't want to risk it.

She stood up with her hands raise in the air. She kept her hand on the crowbar anyway. No way in hell was she going to let herself go unarmed. She wonder how they would react to her being covered in different kinds of crap. The last three seem completely terrified of the thought. Like they were afraid of getting dirty to survive.

Then she notice something in particular. The second girl had a sword. Michelle wanted a sword. This group suddenly became all the more interesting. She started to walk towards them with her hands still held high so that the gun boy doesn't get any ideas.

"Alright I'm not sure if you guys have notice me but... I come in peace for now. Temporary truce. Whatever you like to call it. My name is Michelle O'Cain. I uhhh... I would also like to know if there was anything I could trade for that sword of yours miss... What's your name" She said while pointing with her crowbar towards Eve. "I'll be willing to give up my crowbar and other supplies for it."

She hoped to god the girl would make her a trade. In her opinion it was somewhat to her advantage. The crowbar was a excellent weapon and tool. Only the sword would be better in Michelle's hands. She was already proficient with light blade. With a bit of practice she hoped she could find a rhythm we this larger one. Why not give the simple weapon to the untrained girl and the more complex one to the professional?

Because it was Survival of the Fittest and a sword looks so much cooler than a crowbar

Hopefully the girl would see otherwise.

KingKamor
Leader

August 17th, 2010, 10:09 pm #17

The newcomer almost made Ridley draw his gun if it weren't for her hands being up once he saw her. If she had not announced her presence, then he would have tried to shoot. It was only after that thought occurred to him that he remembered that the safety was on. He may or may not have remembered that if he had indeed drawn the thing.

The girl that had appeared was completely covered in dirt and mud. Ridley guessed that her makeshift camo was the reason why nobody was able to see her despite knowing from which direction the noise came from.

"Alright I'm not sure if you guys have notice me but... I come in peace for now. Temporary truce.

Right, "temporary" being the key word, I take it? Ridley thought to himself. He turned to the girls and whispered, "I'll stick with you two for now, okay? I promise that I won't hurt either of you as long as you promise not to hurt me." It sounded corny the instant after he said it, but he didn't rightly care at the moment. The new girl was an unknown factor in the equation, and he wasn't about to let a good alliance go to waste because of that.

"I uhhh... I would also like to know if there was anything I could trade for that sword of yours miss... What's your name" She said while pointing with her crowbar towards Eve. "I'll be willing to give up my crowbar and other supplies for it."

"Trade? Seriously?" Ridley said with a hand on the handle of his gun, which was still holstered. "You come in here and start asking for our weapons right out of the gate after a shitty introduction like that? Fuck you!" It wasn't necessarily the fact that she wanted to trade that bothered him, it was the fact that her issued weapon was clearly that crowbar in her hands. It's much easier to kill people with a sword than it is with something meant to pull nails out of a wall. If she only wanted to defend herself, then the crowbar may have been a better choice than the sword ever would have. "You're playing, aren't you?"
G###: Lark "Birdie" Finley
(Pending Approval)

B###: _____ ______
(Profile In Progress)

Chib
Leader

August 18th, 2010, 12:05 pm #18

Ema's eyes widened at the sight of what Eve had produced. She recognised it, but couldn't quite put a name to it, for in her many hours trawling through random subjects on Wikipedia, she'd come to decide that Mamelukes had very awesome swords. What Eve had wasn't quite the same thing, longer and more curved, but the general aesthetic was much the same, and the sword was certainly quite awesome. All she had to say on the matter was "You lucky..."

And then the second - or from Ema's perspective, third - newcomer approached, hands high in the air, a gesture of peace, despite the crowbar clenched in one of them. She was an odd looking one, mainly because pretty much everything about her was obscured by caked-on mud, which the redhead presumed was for camoflague in the swamp. What she could make out was pretty average, generic height and build at least.

“Looks like we’ve found our next contestant on ‘The Price is Right.’”

That had Ema stifling a laugh, just at the sheer randomness of the choice of phrase. She'd watched it a few times, weird show, not really her thing, but Brucie's classy catchphrases really were memorable. She managed to resist the urge to tell Michelle to "Come on down!", too, instead staying silent as the girl introduced herself.

"Alright I'm not sure if you guys have notice me but... I come in peace for now. Temporary truce. Whatever you like to call it. My name is Michelle O'Cain."

Didn't sound familiar. But... temporary truce? Which is to say, I'll not attack you for as long as it's convenient, then when you're useless, I'll kill you all? Way to be obvious, lady.

"I uhhh... I would also like to know if there was anything I could trade for that sword of yours miss... What's your name... I'll be willing to give up my crowbar and other supplies for it."

Had Ema thought the 'temporary truce' goof was obvious? She corrected herself. Offering to trade a handy tool - and being thick metal, good blocking implement - for a deadly deadly sword, that's the obvious part. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Michelle was just trying to get as much as she could out of the three of them, whether or not she planned to off them all afterwards. The revelation of that hit Ema pretty hard. Already, here was someone camoflaguing herself, trying to optimise her equipment for killing, making convenient 'temporary truces'. Already playing along. Already preparing to hunt and kill her friends and peers.

Only a few hours in, and this was already happening. For those few hours, Ema herself had been subconsciously convincing herself that everything was fine. She'd chose to ignore it when her conscious mind had brought up the gravity of the situation. She hadn't wanted to know what she was getting into. Having what she'd tried to hard to ignore thrust straight into her face was a crippling blow. As if physically struck by the thought, Ema released a breath she hadn't realised she was holding in.

Almost three hundred students. She didn't know many of them. She wouldn't have the chance. For all but one of them were going to die.

Ema held her tongue. She didn't know what to say. She didn't know what to do any more.

Her smile turned to a neutral expression. Neutral, and hollow. Empty.

She didn't want to die.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G045 - Ema Ryan - Never made it home.
Reaching out for someone who was never there, laying flat on her face in a pool of her own blood in the Residential Area; Maladjusted
|- -3 -| |- -2 -> -1 -|
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> 13 -> 14 -> 15 -> 16 -> 17 -> 18 -> 19 -> 20 -> 21 -> 22 -> 23 -> 24 -> 25 -> 26 -|
Status - Dead: Succumbed to wounds inflicted by Saul Fetteralf and Raidon Naoko
Weaponry on body - Falcata, Hunga Munga, Vektor CP1 - 0/10 (+ 2/10 & 10/10), Colt Anaconda - 5/6 + 12, Model 14 Nambu - 0/8 + 3/8 Taurus PT99 - 7/15 + 1x15, Model 176B - 5 darts
[9/276] - 8 Kills - Died Day 13

B114 - Logan Reynolds - Told himself a little harmless lie.
Laying under blood and broken glass in the Hall of Mirrors; Laisse tomber les filles
|- -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -|
Status - Dead: Shotgunned by Bill Davis
[153/276] - 0 Kills - Died Day 6

B152 - Steve Barnes - Found a little piece of heaven.
Laying headless in the middle of the Fun Fair; Break Up And Break Down
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Status - Dead: Decapitated by Hayley Kelly
[245/276] 0 Kills - Died Day 2
[+] spoiler
Brown #3: Eloise Winterburn told herself she wouldn't beg.
Location: Somewhere out in The Open Plains - A Portrait Of Skin
|- -3 -> -2 -> -1 -| |- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -|
Weaponry: Sledgehammer [Taken by Jacob]

Pink #5: Isaac King had ironic last thoughts, come to think of it.
Location: The Cruise Ship - Magical Bunny Girl Warrior Sidney-Chan
|- 1 -> 2 -> 3 -|
Weaponry: IMI Desert Eagle [Taken by Vincent]

Dropbear
Player

August 24th, 2010, 2:32 am #19

And then everything went cold.

Michelle. Familiar, but probably not the most, saw her around school last year. Friends? Enemies? Neutral at best. Goddamnit, not staying at school longer had really cost Eve.

And the trade. Of all the things she wanted, it was her weapon, although a crowbar was interesting. Lighter, didn't need to have both hands on it. She could go Gordon Freeman on people. But the curved sword... Why was she considering this? Ridley called out Michelle's bluff easily. If it was a bluff. Was she playing? Wasn't she? Who was 'she', Michelle or Eve? Her mind started to explode with questions, each one more complicated than the last.

Fuck playing, fuck the rules, fuck playing, fuck the rules.

Screwing up her face and then exhaling, she walked over to Michelle.

"Three conditions. One, I want a truce till the final four. I don't care what you do, as long as you don't hurt me or them, feel free to run off at anytime. Two, I want you to promise me that you won't kill anyone innocent. Only self defence and revenge, OK?"

Eve looked into Michelle's eyes and squinted.

"And three; I want a fucking candy bar."

SRJJJB
Leader
SRJJJB
Leader

August 24th, 2010, 2:29 pm #20

Michelle stares at the three people in disbelief. The first one who spoke up was obviously in a bad mood. Who wouldn't be in a situation like this. Of course acting all bossy and mighty was pissing her off. He even called out that she was playing.

Well duh... Any moron would obviously play knowing there is no escape.

She was irritated by him. She wanted him gone. Hopefully she'll get such a chance later.

The first girl on the other hand creep her out. All she was doing was smiling... It wasn't a happy smile either just... A smile. She didn't like that girl. She seemed on the point of breaking at any moment and going crazy on her friends. So obviously she was going to go on her to eliminate or avoid list.

The second girl, the one with a sword, gave her the opposite reaction of either. She seem confused and lost. Then she suddenly straighten up. She propose three conditions.

First she had to agree not to kill her or her friends. Michelle was surprise how the girl was suddenly demanding something. This girl actually shown she understand what was going on. She might make a actual useful ally. It was the other two she didn't like. Temper lad and smiling girl. Could she make a promise knowing she would kill those two if she had a chance?

Then came the second demand. No killing innocents. Michelle already establish that. So that was a easy promise.

The third demand was unexpected. Literally Michelle was thinking of thousands of questions yet none of them involved a candy bar.

At this point Michelle was once again starring at her. What was she suppose to do? Say no and get shot from the back? Say yes and lie? Why was she even considering saying no? This was Survival of the Fittest. Lying was a must.

Raising her hand to shake it with Eve she smiled and nodded once.

"I agree to the two first conditions. Sadly I can't fulfill the third condition but if I get a candy bar well... I'll give it to you if I ever get one. If your dead then I'll bury it with you. Sounds good?" She replied. "I like you and you know what you can keep the sword if you like. I'll trade it whenever you like do. What's your name anyway?" She asked.