- [+] Spoiler
- so on one other site I frequent we have this sort of Eurovision-like contest thing where we submit songs, divide them out into rounds, give them points a la Eurovision's voting system, the winners move onto the finals where a winner is decided and the winner hosts the next contest and so forth and so forth until we all die so I'm gonna try and bring that to here and see how it fares (I suspect you'll all have better music taste )
- Submit one song to the host (in this case that's me)
- All songs submitted are randomly divided and ordered into semi-finals (or just one final if there's not enough participants, less than 20 usually).
- Listen to every song and give them points a la Eurovision - 12 to your favourite, 10 to your second, 8 to your third, 7 to your fourth, and so on - 1 goes to your tenth favourite and any songs below your tenth favourite don't get your points.
- If you song is in a semi-final, your vote is compulsory. If it's not, then it's optional and will go towards a "public" vote which is consolidated into a combined vote. (so for example if NAFT, MurderWeasel and Ruggahissy have songs in a semi-final but I get votes from NAFT, CrossbowPig, Murderweasel, Espi, Ruggahissy and Kamikaze, then NAFT/MW/Rugga's votes are all individual votes while CPG/Espi/Kami's votes are consolidated into a single vote).
- The Top [x] songs in each semi go onto the final round - [x] is usually 1/2 to 2/3rds of the songs in the round, depending on how many songs you want in the finale.
- Repeat for the finale to determine the winner.
- Winner hosts the next contest, or if they don't feel like hosting, it goes to the runner-up, or the 3rd placer, or 4th, and so on.
- The songs can be anything with a few caveats:
- No Eurovision songs.
- No talent show performances/covers.
- Must be shorter than 5 minutes. For every 15 seconds the song goes over 5 minutes it loses a point in the results, with the song's time rounded up to the nearest :15/30/45/00 seconds
9. MK Kilmarnock
Current Contest: #3
hosted by: NAFT!
This is a contest where you submit one (or possibly more) songs, and then vote to determine which song is the most popular. The winner gets to host the next contest, as well as fast-tracking their song to the next grand finale.
- [+] Spoiler
- #1: GRRRS - AViVA (Kotorikun)
#2: The Wolf - SIAMÉS (also Kotorikun)