The Prom Planning Thread

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

May 14th, 2012, 11:12 pm #1

So, I figure everyone's gonna need a place to find dates for their characters and such, as well as to come up with any other Prom plans. Therefore, I'm starting this thread for that. Have at!

I'm not entirely sure what my characters' date positions are quite yet, except that I'm definitely looking for a Prom date for Susan Clarke.

Laurels
Mr. Danya

May 14th, 2012, 11:23 pm #2

I also need some dates for Prom. I might have something already for Claire, but Rachael Langdon and Sophie McDowell are still available. Both girls are straight, so no women, sorry. Rachael would prefer a quieter, intellectual boy who doesn't make her feel threatened. Sophie would probably go more for the artistic guys.

If interested, merely say so, and I will pimp my lovely girls to your boys for this enchanted evening.

*puts on a purple suit*

Any takers?

EDIT (5/15/12 5:42 PM): Rachael will be attending Prom with Daniel Whitten. Claire will accompany Jack McDonald. Sophie is still up for grabs if anyone would like to take her.
[+] Spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] Spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

May 14th, 2012, 11:48 pm #3

I wrote about what my three current peeps would probably see through the prom experience here.

Copy and pasted here:
wrote:OK, so are you going to ask someone out to the prom or do you wait for someone to ask you?
Kyran: (Short answer.) Prom isn't really my thing.

(Longer answer that he'd think about)
Prom isn't really my thing, but it's sort of a high school tradition and my mom would like to see me go, not to mention there's going to be a few kids I know and like there and I'd probably go for them. As for who I'd go with? Hm, I'd probably either ask a close friend, like Alex Ripley and go together as friends... or I'd probably just wait for someone to come to me and ask, because hey, any decent girl who has the courage to ask a guy out is fine in my book. Granted: She isn't one of those annoying kind of people.

Miles: The best guy always goes with the best girl. It's for the good of the species. I seek her or she seeks me. Probably the latter. *smiles*

Lahela: I guess if someone wanted to ask me, I'd be flattered and say yeah. Even better if he's a cute haole boy. I'm probably not going to ask anyone myself though, but I'd still go. It's prom after all. *Sigh* I miss my old school.

I might add a few more characters I've planned to write later.

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

May 14th, 2012, 11:51 pm #4

Adonis Alba and Stacey May-Mordetsky need dates!

Adonis' criteria: Hot girl.

Stacey's criteria: Hot guy.

Yeah, they're shallow...So who wants to be their dates to prom?

[+] Spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

May 15th, 2012, 3:18 am #5

Haha, wow, you all have better presentation than I do. Teaches me to rush stuff! This was kinda an afterthought to the announcement.

Anyways, I've thought a bit more and come up with a better set of stuff/info.

Susan Clarke wants a date for Prom, with a guy. She's not super picky, except that she won't go out with jerks or people who she isn't at all attracted to, and anyone who asks her out (or who she asks out) will have to be someone who can avoid irritating her/causing her to dump them before the dance comes around (not super tough, as long as whoever it is can interact in a reasonable, non-problematic fashion). Her expectations for the evening are pretty grounded.

Adam Morgan will probably be forced to go to Prom by his parents. He's not gonna ask anyone, and if any girl asks him, they're probably gonna have to deal with him being generally nice and goodhearted but unfocused and disengaged, and not really particularly excited about the event unless something really catches his attention.

Lydia Robbins is probably not going to Prom unless someone invites her, as she just doesn't have a ton of interest. She's pretty shy and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, though, so she probably wouldn't turn anyone who asked her down.

Emily Nakoa would like a date. She probably won't agree to go with anyone who's not at least loosely attached to the popular crowd, and ideally would want someone handsome and good for her social standing but also easy to get along with and who doesn't really expect much of her. She'll probably also want to make sure her cousin has a good time.

I'm not 100% what's going on with Steven, so I'm leaving him off here for now.

If you want to work something out with any of my kids, drop me a PM!

Edit: Wow, that was quick. Emily and I feel all popular and stuff now.

KamiKaze
Winner

May 15th, 2012, 4:42 am #6

My peepz perspective on prom here.

Alex Ripley will most likely be going. She'd go with you if you ask, even if as a friend. She doesn't think dates are critical, though as noted she'll accept if asked. She is also willing to go in a group.

Miranda Millers is also going. She would accept dates on a "meh, why not?" basis (probably male, mind. She's still almost completely closeted, after all). However, again, she could easily go with friends/in a group.

Lana Torres is somewhat "meh" on prom. She's kind of apathetic about it, really. She still hasn't come to a decision about whether or not she's going. That said, feel free to pop a "hey Lana, wanna go with me?" at her. She'd probably go if asked.

If you have any ideas, toss them at me!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."
[+] Spoiler
In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2008 SOTF
Carol Burke- Female Student #015- A good friend.
Remy Kim- Male Student #080- Yet another victim of the system.
Aileen Borden- Female Student #022- It's going to be okay.

In Loving Memory Of Those Killed In The 2012 SOTF
Alexandria "Alex" Ripley- Female Student #002- Sometimes your life is meant to be a warning to others.
Lana Torres- Female Student #039- Technically, she died happy.
Miranda Millers- Female Student #019- Doomed by self-fulfilling prophecy.

In Loving Memory of Those Killed in the 2015 SOTF
Jennifer Wallace- Female Student #055- Good night, and good luck.
Junko Kurosawa- Female Student #041- Experienced a thrill to die for.
Emma Luz- Female Student #022- Sweet dreams.

....?
Anna Chase- Female Student #010- And then she lived happily ever after.
[+] Spoiler
For v6, I have come to a decision. To help lessen character pimping, I have vowed not to talk about my characters, any characters closely related to mine, or any threads I've been involved in, in any of the following places:

- Chat
- General Discussion thread
- TV Tropes
- Random Thoughts

I am not allowing myself to talk about anything relating to my characters or scenes I'm in unless they are brought up in conversation by another handler. I am not allowed to use my characters' names OOC or mention anything relating to that character until another handler mentions them. This is not currently in effect for pre-game; these self-imposed rules do not apply until v6 starts. However, they will be in effect the second v6 is announced. When one of my characters die, escape, or are otherwise removed from the game, these rules are lifted for that character, and I am free to talk about that character as much as I want. However, the others will have to wait until they too are out of the game.

This is a personal promise I'm keeping to myself for v6. If I break it, please feel free to bitch me out.

-KamiKaze

Addendum as of v6: I may ask for critiques while a character's arc is ongoing, as long as someone has offered to do so.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Cash Money
Leader

May 15th, 2012, 6:58 am #7

Randall is going stag if at all possible; he just likes to dance.

Milo is probably not confident enough to ask for a date, and may miss it as a result. On the other hand, his parents will want him to go, so he might ask for a date. Expect awkwardness if you accept, in the form of not generally being interested in looking like a couple or dancing all that much.

Leah is probably going if her circle is.
V5 concepts:
Randall Cimora: aspiring music producer, easygoing, space cadet, new kid
Currently blowing his Christmas money in Life is like a broken record
Leah Chapel: classic teenage rebel, sneaky, pessimistic, the un-favorite
Re-upping in LSMFT
Milo Richter: consummate professional, intellectual, debater, self-conscious
Convincing someone of what they already believe in Variables...
[+] Spoiler
Randall Leah Milo
All art by yucon
[+] Spoiler
Character concepts coming down the pipeline:
Davin Spencer loves him some classic rock and high fantasy.
Olivia Aronson could take you in a fight, but she'd rather not.
Sadie Trujillo would rather be out camping.
[unnamed] is an antiques collector in the making.
[unnamed] just wants to say hi to you!

Other sites I'm on:
The Riverside Incident / Mercy Street / Housetrapped

Sigquotes:
GameMaker: And Aaron I moan like a Swedish mule enjoying a honeyed Bavarian sugar lump
Mimi: I feel like having foreskin would be fun too, Alex. You could hide things in it. Like drugs or lipgloss.
Locobrojoe: tampons seem like they would be more dicklike
Laurels: Don't ever look for clovers in the mouth of a porpoise lantern, because the pink star trees will use their subpoena to make you deep fry stained glass windows

Delroy
Leader
Delroy
Leader

May 15th, 2012, 9:07 am #8

Well, both Travis and Geo will probably go to the prom.

Travis is outspoken, laid back, and probably wants an attractive girl to go with. He definitely expects to score (No, this is not a requirement. Just his expectation.) with his date, so he won't want prudish girls.

.... Wow, demanding

Georgia will probably be nervous, but will most likely say yes to any boy who asks her out. It would definitely help if he's able to make her feel comfortable. Otherwise, she might just go with a friend.
V5 characters:

Travis Webster - Whistling party animal with a roguish smile, quick wit, and without a care in the world.
[+] Spoiler

Made by Violent-Medic
Pregame: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11]

Island: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Back home: The Webster Household, and their reactions....

Will
Player

May 15th, 2012, 5:57 pm #9

Stacy Ramsey needs a date! She is a straight, good looking girl and relatively kind; she’s also part of the popular group. Don't expect much out of her sexually, you need to gain her respect! She would want a good looking, popular guy. She probably wouldn't go for the nerdy/gamer types.

Finn Grant will probably go, but just with his friends.
V6 Characters:
------------------
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------
[+] Spoiler
------------------
--------B011: Finn Grant ------------------------------------- G020: Stacy Ramsey------
----------Weapon: Megaphone--------------------------Weapon: Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12
---------------------------Multishot---------------------------------------------- Caught in a Moment-------------------
[+] Spoiler
Finn Grant: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Stacy Ramsey: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

dmboogie
Winner

May 15th, 2012, 9:19 pm #10

Michael currently isn't interested at all in prom, Why rent an expensive suit just so you can stand around awkwardly and eat shitty food? but if an attractive/interesting girl asked him out he'd probably accept, though if she doesn't know sign language he might dismiss the whole thing as being too troublesome.

Daniel would like to go, but if he isn't asked out he probably wouldn't be able to muster the courage to invite someone. I now have plans involving Daniel, who will be going with Rachael Langdon.

Alice doesn't care at all, though if someone invited her she'd probably go along out of mild curiosity.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Courtography
Leader

May 15th, 2012, 9:52 pm #11

Jessica would want to go with prom, preferably with a date. But she only dates nice guys, so yeah. If anyone's interested in the nice cheerleader girl just ask.

Kelly probably is not so interested in prom. She's probably going to church prom instead (yes they exist) but might go if she was asked by someone she saw as okay, like a fellow Catholic.

Zabriel
Player

May 16th, 2012, 2:20 am #12

Takeshi Yoshikawa is rather gay. Also rather asian. If there are cute boys or fag hags that would like to go to prom with a nice semi-introverted gaysian boy, do let me know and we can plot this out.

Serpico
Survivor

May 16th, 2012, 5:09 am #13

Owen Veveris is looking for a girl to take to the prom. Preferably someone pretty, but he will consider interesting too. (P.S. They should dress well)

Yoshio Sato Not considering going to prom. Unless a girl asked him, in which case he would definitely agree to go.

Gabriel Castinera Will rock up to the prom regardless of having a date, fair game for anyone that wants him really. More there to party and muck around though.
NOTHING HERE, GO HOME EVERYONE.
Brady Kim Floyd || Cochise Highschool - Senior || Status - Just Fine || Availability: NIl. ||
Pregame thread count: || 1 ||

May 16th, 2012, 10:16 am #14

Getting back into this V5 thing....

Phoebe Cho would definitely like to hae a date for Prom. Her Grandparents would prefer if he was Korean, or at the very least Asian, but one of her hobbies in life is annoying her grandparents so she's not picky. It might make sense if it was someone from Band seeing as that makes up the majority of her social life. Dancing skills not required (she can't dance either).

Harry Hanley will probably be doing something dodgy like organising the alcohol shipment for the afterparty, so more likely than not he'll be going stag. If he goes with a girl she'd have to be okay with being abandoned for a fair bit of the evening. Or help him. Either or.
the world is on my side
i have no reason to run
[+] Spoiler
++ G018 Acacia Salinger - FN Barracuda [6/6] - hi mom... it's me ++
STATUS: ELIMINATED, and living happily ever after [59/276] ~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Post-game: ❤ ❤

++ G033 Maddy Stone - Machete - i pray the lord my soul to take ++
STATUS: DECEASED, and probably a bit mouldy by now [196/276] ~ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞ ✞

++ B021 Neill Robertson - Skateboard - as if we're gonna get rescued... ++
STATUS: DECEASED, written his final, awful, bit of prose [40/276] ~ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎

++ G100 Helen Wilson - Glowsticks [6] - can you open your eyes? ++
STATUS: DECEASED, almost escaped, but died first [86/276] ~ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
shiny shiny V5 concepts (now with clickies)
Phoebe Cho - I shall be playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. Wizard!
Harry Hanley - I've got Hershey's at half price today! Get 'em quick before I have rehearsal!
Lor Van Diepen - I'm gonna make a video later. About running. Does that sum me up enough?

Brackie
Winner

May 16th, 2012, 11:27 am #15

Alright, sooo:

Penny Huang will most definitely like to go to Prom preferably with a date. Like Miss Cho above, her mother would prefer it if he was Korean and/or Asian, and she might be slightly cold to anyone who isn't as such. She'll probably see about doing her very best to get shacked up with one of the footballers, or at the very least one of her gaming buddies, although if anyone who isn't an asshole asks her, she'll probably say yes.

She's now taking one Mr Ilya Volkov to the prom.

Jasper Rourke ain't going. Yeah. He don't like prom.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] Spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] Spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity