October 27th, 2010, 5:16 am #31

SCKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

Samya had woken up a little bit before the announcement. She was still groggy, but that noise woke her right up.

And Dustin and Maria were right there.

She had hoped that sleep would fix everything. That she would wake up and feel ready to work, to help everyone survive and try to get off this island. But she couldn't even pretend to be happy at the moment. Can't . . . I just can't do this anymore.

And that damn Dustin, with his self-satisfied smirk, and his think-I-can fuck-anyone fucking face. He didn't care about Maria, did she know that? Or she was too dumb to care?

Sammy might have kept on that train of thought, keeping it all inside. But then,

"Speaking of the highlight reel, MARIA GRAHAM showed some real flair in taking out Francine Moreau."

Maria had killed someone.

Maria had killed someone, and didn't think to mention it to anyone.

Maria had killed someone, and she was still more attractive to that fucking bastard than Samya could ever be.

Was she good enough for anything?

Samya sat up, quietly digging in her bag. And there it was. It was heavy, it was brutal, it was the only thing that would get her any respect in this damn place. Her hands shook violently, and she pulled the gun out. It was clearly visible, but she didn't point it at anyone. It just dangled in her hand, as she gathered her bags.

"Maria, I know you have a lot to "explain" about why you killed someone. Well, you can wait just one second, okay? I won't be long. And I'm sorry, Simon, Ash, Cassie, new guy. I hope ya'll stay safe, please, stay safe."

Tears streaming down her face, she walked over to Dustin.

I like you.

"You know, you just screwed a girl who would have killed you. But I guess that's a turn-on, huh?"

I like you so much I thought I loved you.

"I-i like you. But I guess you already knew that. Wasn't good enough for you, am I right Mr. Royal? Whatever, I'm done, have fun with your murdering fucktoy.

Hakuna Matada, what a wonderful phrase.

She walked past him. One last thing. "Don't die Dustin."

And she moved on. She left the group, looked around for her partner. She found him with . . . Mizore? Good, maybe she could k-keep him together.

She sobbed, tears mixing in with her words.

"Z-zach. I'm leaving the group, I just came to say bye for now." He wouldn't die. That she was sure of.

It means no worries, for the rest of your days . . .

The Fallen Everdreamers wrote:
[+] Spoiler

G43-Feo Eleri Smith got her revenge and her guy
G08-Samya "Sammy" Franklin wasn't the hero she wanted to be, but her best friend was
B39-Scott McGregor loved money but it never loved him back
B90-Orpheus Campbell was so lost he never found his way home
wrote:Egads Sunny
Egads You should be Cobra Commander
Sunny NO.
Egads But when you hit the moneyshot, you can yell "COOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA"
wrote:SenatorGoose marriage
SenatorGoose is a sacred bond
SenatorGoose between a man, a woman and some shoes
wrote:mib_fy9526like
mib_fy9526ask me a state
mib_fy9526I can name its Senatots
The New Doomed Kids wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Game Theory: Rochelle Ayers "So I guess that means we're headed to Sudden Death? Oooh, might be fun."
Running Rhythm: Rhiannon Santiago "Hey, don't hate me if you can't keep up."

storyspoiler
Leader

October 28th, 2010, 7:55 pm #32

And Mizore was silent. Then Zach started up again.

"Hey." Zach Jamis hesitated. "I'm... not the most modest person around. I have got shit on my mind, you should know that. Everyone should know that. I ain't used to talking to people at length like this. Hell I'm used to just ignoring people outright and pretending that they don't exist. I don't like to hang around with kids who've got egos, not that I'm saying you've got one. Just saying that most of the art kids, well, a few of them are fucking ego centrals. I know, like, a few kids So, uhh..."

Go on. Mizore thought. Zach looked abashed. Hooray!

"Yeah, and like, y'know, I was fucking mad, not, like, at you and shit. You were going on about art and shit and I jumped to a conclusion that wasn't true. So yeah, shit, I'm not great with words and I got a little friggin mad and I took it out on you so yeah sorry about that..."

And Mizore started giggling. She couldn't help it. He was funny when he apologized. He looked like he had his tail between his legs.

"Hey!" Zach protested, abashed, confused. Mizore kept laughing. She felt a bit like a little kid. A little giggly. Finally she caught her breath, and looked at Zach.

"You're just funny when you apologize. And I'm kind of giggly today." Waited a beat. "I like you." Said mostly to throw him off and maybe make him flail, but also it was true. And she wanted to poke at anarchist-boy a little more.

Zach opened his mouth to reply. "SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH!"

Oh. That was the loudspeakers. Not him.

Zach's eyes were on the speaker now. Mizore followed his gaze. Hands clenched around her--no, not her longcoat, her blue jacket. There was a name she didn't want to hear.

The names ticked off. Twenty-one tiny tragedies. Dawne Jiang sac'd herself for her boyfriend, stuck around in a dangerzone. Rose Codreanu died in ignorance. Sarah Atwell filmed her kill. Jaclyn Krusche killed Charlotte Cave and Charlotte Cave killed Jaclyn Krusche. Jane Lindsburg had committed suicide. The names ticked off. Growing relief, a ball in her throat. And then--

"Rounding us off for the day, Scott McGregor, showing yet AGAIN why you don't make any sudden movements around somebody with a gun, was shot and killed by Naoko Raidon."

Head to the knees, Mizore. But you knew he would do it. Why are you so un-zen?

Twenty-one people die, and you can only think of a killer.

Zach was scowling, as ever. "What's got you so hot and bothered? You look like you just bit into a lemon."

Mizore didn't quite meet his eye. "Naoko Raidon was--is--a friend of mine. A friend. He said he would kill. He did."

"Man of his word. I hate liars more than killers." Zach paused. "Then again, seeing as you're still alive, he's not being one-hundred percent truthful."

And the door banged open again, and Mizore couldn't even startle before she realized it was Samya Franklin and she was sobbing. That's what announcements will do to you.

"Z-zach. I'm leaving the group, I just came to say bye for now."

Samya's voice echoed hollowly off the walls.

And Mizore, Mizore was still holding the blue jacket sleeves.
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Ciel
Mr. Danya

October 28th, 2010, 8:22 pm #33

...The hell was she laughing about?

"Hey!" He growled. Was there something on his face? Did his voice crack? Or did she just crack?

"You're just funny when you apologize. And I'm kind of giggly today." Pause. "I like you."

Zach sneered. What the hell. He opened his mouth to retort, to say something to make her angry-

Then a big ass screech. Zach didn't flinch.

Dead kids. Same as before. It didn't hit Zach as hard as the first time. Perhaps he was adapting to this shit. It wasn't the most beautiful thing in the world to admit but at least the sting was gone. That was something that he had to understand. It was like a hot bath. You got used to it over time. At least that's what Zach wanted so desperately to belive. Zach stared daggars into the speaker as it yelped. Then it was over. The drilling was done. Zach let his breath out. He scowled and turned back down to Mizore, who's expression turned from "Ohoh, you're silly" to "I just ate fifty lemons".

"What's got you so hot and bothered?" Zach asked. "You look like you just bit into a lemon."

Mizore didn't look up. "Naoko Raidon was--is--a friend of mine. A friend. He said he would kill. He did."

"Man of his word. I hate liars more than killers."

Zach paused. He had heard the footsteps. He did nothing.

"Then again, seeing as you're still alive, he's not being one-hundred percent truthful."

Samya threw the door open. Zach somehow knew it was Samya before she even came into the locker room. He wasn't psychic. He just had a hunch. Zach turned to look at her and said nothing.

Zach still said nothing.

"That's a joke."

Zach smirked. "Sam, stop joking around. I know this is shit. I Know that, you know that, but saying stuff like that is gonna break my heart in two. That's just...just..."

Zach stared at Samya. Her face was cold. Wet with tears.

She isn't joking Zach.

"You can't leave," Zach stared. "No. You can't. Don't even joke about that."

chitoryu12
Leader

October 28th, 2010, 8:43 pm #34

((Mom's doing a bit better, so I can finally post))

Chris rubbed his eyes. His feet ached, his head ached, his entire existence just seemed to be achey and tired. He didn't want anything more than sleep at that point.

"Yeah, I'm fine" he said to the newly-christianed Simon. "Just tired. Been a long couple of days...."

At that point, his head just kind of......left.

Chris was fairly certain the next time he opened his eyes that it was a bit brighter than it had been when he closed his eyes. Was it some kind of time-warping blink? Could he just keep blinking and eventually push himself through time until he made it to the final day and skip the rest of the killing?

Sadly, his supernatural powers were not as they seemed. Chris just happened to be so tired that he fell asleep right then and there, sitting against the wall. As his senses came back to him, he rubbed his eyes and let his head clear for a few seconds.

He looked up and saw through his blurred vision a somewhat familiar haircut. He pushed his glasses back up his nose and took a closer look, his head still partway in the clouds.

Hm, is that Ma--

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

The sound of the loudspeaker screaming bloody murder jolted his head and stomach back into their proper positions, the force causing him to lose his balance and fall over on his side, grasping his head.

Through the disorientation that had hit everyone, including the newly-arrived Maria and Dustin, Danya began to speak.

Chris' mind suddenly flashed back to the evening of the first day. Maria...

Ohh.......shit.

His eyes snapped up to look at her. She was shaking, bad. She knew what was coming. And now so did he. She had killed someone, and now everyone was about to know it.

Was this just another part of the sick game? Tell everyone that your best friend blew some sweet, innocent girl up? Sow discord and distrust amongst the masses?

Maria was looking worse with each passing death. He started to stand up, to go over and at least put a hand on her shoulder and tell her in her ear that it would be okay, that everything would be explained.

"Speaking of the highlight reel, MARIA GRAHAM showed some real flair in taking out Francine Moreau."

"I KILLED SOMEBODY!"

Chris jumped at the sudden scream, and he was left frozen mid-step toward her. The announcement was still going, but at the same time it wasn't. It seemed like all the sound in the rec center had just floated out the window to fly off into space and annoy some passing alien spacecraft.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now? This isn't supposed to happen.

Samya answered that for him.

"I-I like you. But I guess you already knew that. Wasn't good enough for you, am I right Mr. Royal? Whatever, I'm done, have fun with your murdering fucktoy."

And she left.

Not this shit now.

I can't take this shit any more.

"Okay, will everyone stop freaking the FUCK OUT?!"

Chris was an actor. He didn't talk much, but he could be a boomer if he had to. The end of that sentence echoed through the entire rec center, and could probably be heard outside with just as much clarity. It almost scared himself how angry he sounded. But he kept going.

"I know this shit looks bad, but freaking out and shit isn't going to make any of this shit easier! Now calm the fuck down about the poor girl. You want to know why she killed someone? Guess what? I was there. It wasn't her fucking fault!"

He took a few steps toward Maria, an almost unconscious act of half-baked comfort.

"I was hiding in the woods to the south of here. I saw Phil Ward and some other chick, fuck if I remember her name, talking. I didn't want them to see me, so I ducked into a bush to hide. Well, Maria came bounding out of the woods and nearly stepped on me."

"Phil was in a pissy mood, and I didn't see much of the shit that went down. What I do know is that he knocked her down and started beating the ever-loving shit out of her. So I ran over to help and knocked the bastard on his ass."

"During the whole fucking thing, some other chick -- I don't know where the hell she came from -- practically fell on top of me. That was this Francine. We're all on the ground brawling, and I saw Maria pull out her flare gun. The thing went right over my head and hit Phil square in the chest, but it bounced off and......and it landed on her."

His next words choked as the memory of that smell came back, but he forged on.

"It--it was just horrible. Started a fire in the forest. I just picked up my bag and ran for it. Stopped in the infirmary for a rest, then I kept walking until I got here. Then I ran into you, and......here we are."

There was a moment of silence. He could almost feel their eyes on him. What now?

"Well, that's it. Make of it what you will, but Maria is NOT a murderer."

He looked at Maria. She was crying. He felt terrible, almost regretting that he had any empathy at all.

Chris looked around at the rest of the rec center. He sighed. There was nothing else he could do. He was spent.

Now they just had to believe him.
Characters for v4

Christopher Carlson: B052
Weapons: Brass knuckles

Jake Crimson: B084 (Adopted)
Weapons: Cinderblock

Characters for v5

Clayton Leven: B050
Weapons: Handcuffs
[+] Spoiler
18:38 GeneralGoose yep. having sex with trees is SOOOO me
20:36 Ella I have had several threesomes with teddy bears
13:41 Ruggadance THIS IS DIFFERENT AMPUTEE SEX
21:09 Bake I'll nom her.
13:16 Ruggasexy I SAW THE SEXY STRIPPER PICTURES BEFORE I KNEW OUR ROOM WAS FULL OF SEX TOYS AND LINGERIE
22:53 Ruggadressed You've got to be like Brosidon, king of the brocean
11 GeneralGoose [516] [1288] [267] 2086 Geno, remember when I told you sleep was a capitalist scam?
24 Crash [165] [697] 873 wild, unbridled, rampaging weasel lust
00:07 BetaKnight open wounds and fecal matter is a no-no

Blastinus
Player

October 28th, 2010, 10:40 pm #35

(George Leidman continued from Pearl and Destiny)

He'd lost them. How he'd done so was difficult to understand, seeing as they had just been behind him, last he checked. But now, once again, George Leidman was on his own. Either he needed to pay more attention to people or people needed to pay more attention to him, but as he attempted to retrace his steps, it began to occur to him that the problem was probably on his end, because he was now far from his original position. How he was able to get turned around so many times with a map and multiple visible landmarks at his disposal was anyone's guess, but once he realized that it had happened, much cursing had resulted. Some adventurer/archeologist he was turning out to be.

At the breaking of day, bleary-eyed and desirous of sleep, George stumbled into the small community and caught sight of the Recreation Center. He didn't know that it was called that, and he didn't especially care, as he only needed a place wherein he could rest his head. Just as he was approaching it, however, the familiar tone sounded throughout the island, and the second announcement began to play. As the names came by, George felt a knot in his stomach, but relaxed when Carly's name didn't come up. She was still safe for now, so he could take it easy and search for her later.

So tired was he, however, that George didn't notice the group of people inside the Rec Center until he had already stumbled in through the door. There were quite a few of them, and there appeared to be some sort of argument taking place over something. He only was able to catch the last part of Chris's argument, but it sounded like he was talking about setting somebody on fire. George wondered what was going on, and thought it best to wait in the doorway before drawing any conclusions. That, and if the group was hostile, he'd be able to duck out before anyone saw him.

Can't be too sure of anybody these days. These are dark days, for certain. The darkest.

"Well, that's it," Chris concluded. "Make of it what you will, but Maria is NOT a murderer." Maria? Like Maria Graham? The name had flashed by in the announcements, and it was far too coincidental that they'd be talking about a different sort of Maria. George gave a start at this, but remained, wondering where this would go. Hopefully, the group wouldn't think he was going to kill them, like the last people, and the people before that, and so forth. He'd had quite enough of that nonsense.

Tagabasa
Leader

October 29th, 2010, 1:52 am #36

The other boy, Chris, was fine. That was good, at least. There weren't a lot of silver linings around the island, so Simon took what he could get. He closed his eyes for a second after the other boy phased out, but they quickly snapped open. No sleeping yet! That could happen tomorrow; now he had to wait for the others.

And the others showed up. Maria and Dustin walked into the rec center, both looking mostly unharmed. Simon was about to get up and greet them, despite his grogginess, when the girl put her finger to her lips. Oh, right. The other kids were sleeping, and it would be best to let them get their rest. Come to think about it, Simon could get his now too.

Simon Fletcher laid now slowly and let his close close all the way. It felt good, like at least a few pounds had been lifted off his head. The boy started to feel dozy and fade away into sleep. It felt even better; warm and familiar and sweet, with no murderers, no death, no puddles of blood...no weapons, no island...no Danya...no...

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH

His eyes jolted open and Simon got to his feet in a matter of seconds. If it were any other situation, he would have been damn proud of himself. Simon never had good reflexes before.

Danya's voice came on and, oh god, it was the announcements again. Simon had known they were coming for the entire day, but he still could feel himself start to sweat, his face growing hotter. Who was it this time? Friends of his, no doubt. People who had he seen every day for most of his life. Simon was sure that he could be on this island for weeks and the announcements would never fail to unnerve him.

"Alllllright. Let's get down to the gritty details, shall we? First to die, right after our announcement, in fact, was Dawne Jiang. Miss Jiang decided that she couldn't, wouldn't hold her darling boyfriend Rekka back, and opted instead to stick around in a dangerzone."

Simon felt like protesting. Dawne was an intelligent girl, in his Psych class. She loved anime and had been to conventions. She probably didn't know Simon's name, but she was a good person. Her boyfriend...Rekka? Simon didn’t even know they had been dating. He hoped that Rekka would still be alive by the end of Danya’s words.

There were more names. Rose Codreanu had stayed in a danger zone. Did she really not notice, or had she commented suicide? Simon would understand the latter. Reiko had killed two more, Tobias and Raina. That was four kills for the girl, for someone that Simon never would have pegged as a murder.

"Kill number five was none other than Eva Lancaster, with R.J Lowe showing her that it's the quiet ones that you have to watch out for... and their guns.”

What. The. Hell. R.J. Lowe? The boy from back at the town? But…Simon had trusted him. R.J. had seemed to be a genuinely good person, despite his apparent off-putting attitude. Simon had felt relieved when the other boy took his gun. He thought that a terrible burden had finally been pulled off his back. And now this?

Who was Eva Lancaster, anyway? Simon had seen her around the halls, but knew next to nothing about her. I’m sorry, Eva. I’m really, really sorry. It was exactly as if he had shot her himself. Simon was responsible for that death, one way or another.

Simon didn’t hear the next few names, but he managed to make it back to hear Danya’s cheerful voice say "Our number nine kill was one for the highlight reel, and apparently Sarah Atwell thought so too, because she filmed it herself! Take a bow, Eve Walker-Luther, for your starring role in Sarah's creative masterpiece. Oh and... my condolences to you, Octavia. At least your mommy got on tv, right?"

No. Fucking no, not this. Not again. He could see Sarah Atwell, reaching for his gun. He could see himself running away, not talking to her, not shooting her. Why didn’t Simon try to stop the girl once he saw she was capable of murder? And Eve…Eve was the girl with the baby! He was responsible for the death of somebody’s mother. Fuck.

The next death was notable to Simon because the killer happened to be Maria Graham. For whatever reason, Simon didn’t really care. He was too busy freaking out about the fact that he cause two girls’ deaths to worry about Maria going psycho and killing him. To be honest, he might not really care that much if she did.

The names just kept coming, though, ignoring Simon’s thoughts. Steve, Charlotte, Theo, Chadd, Vanessa, Tom, Violetta.

"Twentieth to go down was Trevor Duncan, taking a shot to the collar from William Hearst and finding himself ever so slightly deceased.”

Simon didn’t even know what he was feeling anymore. Suddenly, he felt the stench of blood creep back into his nose, worse than ever. William Hearst was an outdoorsy guy, but Simon knew nothing else about him. Why did he kill Trevor? Was it on purpose or a mistake? Why would he take a gun to a fellow student?

He tried to close his eyes again, but it didn’t work. All he saw was Eva walking through the school hallways with a sketchbook under her arm, Eve chatting with a friend, Trevor and himself stopping at a coffee shop on a rainy day. He ignored Sam’s outburst and Chris’ vehement defense of Maria. He barely noticed the new guy join them.

The stench of blood was just getting worse and worse. Simon stood up and took his bag of his shoulders. He set it on the ground gently, far away from the blood. His head was fuzzy, and there seemed to be shadows in the corners of his eyes. Simon took a deep breath and spoke, calmly.

“I have to go. I’m sorry, but I have to.” He couldn’t stay with these people. Did Trevor die when he was searching for supplies with Zach, Sam, and Ash? Did the others understand that Simon had killed two people, even if his name wasn’t mentioned? He couldn’t stay with them. Simon just brought trouble to everyone, even when he tried to do his best. He really had the best intentions, he really thought he was being moral... He had to go off by himself. The whole situation was stupid, useless.

“It’s not your fault, Maria.” Simon glanced at the killer-girl. “I still trust you and everything.” It was himself he had a problem with. Two people. They had families and friends. You barely knew them. Your fault. Your’s.

He looked at his pack again. “I barely touched it. I wish I could give you my assigned weapon, but…it’s gone.” Simon laughed bitterly. “Gun. They gave me a gun. What did they think a coward like me was going to do with it, anyway?”

“I’m going to go off and think for myself for awhile. I’m sorry, but you’ll be better off. Trust me on that, please.” Simon tried to smile, but he was still shaking from head to toe. The blood-smell was beginning to burn his nose, filling his head. He made a clumsy bow and turned to the door.

The shadows at the edge of Simon’s vision followed him as he left everybody behind.

((Simon Fletcher continued in Measure Once, Cut Twice))
Version 4 Character:
Simon Fletcher (B104): Dead at The Sawmill

Version 5 Character:
Casey Malkovich (G037): Dead at The Farmhouse

[+] Spoiler
wrote:(13:22) Ruggahissy: Death rays that harness the power of friendship felt by a basketball team assembled at an alligator farm by a zombie eskimo and a pretentious prisoner of war
(13:23) Ruggahissy: The ultimate weapon
wrote:(23:51) wides: IT GON' GET SIG'D.

ET.Requiem
Survivor

October 30th, 2010, 4:56 pm #37

The announcement came on, blaring the names of those who had died. Ash took in the words silently, just sitting there and hearing Danya blather on in that annoying voice of his. That dream she had shook her more than the new set of deaths. Was it unbelievably self-centered to be more worried about her own sanity than her fellow classmates dying? She was going to answer that question when she heard Samya's voice.

"Maria, I know you have a lot to "explain" about why you killed someone. Well, you can wait just one second, okay? I won't be long. And I'm sorry, Simon, Ash, Cassie, new guy. I hope ya'll stay safe, please, stay safe."

She lifted her head up. The girl wasn't there any longer.

Gone? No, in the next room. Was she leaving? Ash stood up and quietly walked over to the source of the sound. Three people were there. Samya and Zach she recognized immediately, but the third person, who had a sour expression on her face and lavender highlights in her hair.... Oh, right. Her name was Mizore. Why did they look shocked? Samya was saying something. Maybe if she listened....

She should've felt more. Sadness, anger, shock, whatever. Something other than disappointment would've been better.

Our group has fractured already, all because of one girl's feelings. How annoying.

She stopped. This wasn't right. She was never this cold before, so why now? She looked down at her hands. In the span of a single night, she had become so self-centered. What happened to the grand dream of escape and salvation? What happened to the girl who just couldn't show her emotions properly? She was becoming as cold and blank as her expression. This was unacceptable. She didn't want to be made of ice. Happy, smiling Ash was her ideal. Not the Ash that wore a mask for a face and lived life like it was just one big chore that wasn't done quickly enough.

"You can't leave. No. You can't. Don't even joke about that."

Now it was Zach's turn to break apart. All of them were crumbling under the weight of the 'game'. All of them were going to die because of feelings. If only they could just set their issues aside and look past their own turbulent emotions-

"I'm going to go off and think for myself for awhile. I'm sorry, but you'll be better off. Trust me on that, please."

Simon, too? That was everybody trustworthy in the group. All three of the people she could've believed in had broken. This was no good. No good at all. But she decided to persevere. Ash was still clinging on to her dream, if only by a thread. She wouldn't let her last hope die so easily.

Even though Samya had a gun, and the words she had were not ones of comfort.... Well, it was either risking death here or guaranteeing death later.

Ash walked into the room, stoic and aggravating as usual. How should she start?

"Do not leave, Samya. Not now. Zach is strong, but you heard what he said. His heart will shatter if you do not stay with him." Her grey eyes flickered to the leader, then back to the girl. "Are you prepared to betray him like Dustin betrayed you? To hurt your friend the same way you were hurt? You cannot be that heartless, Samya."
V3 Character
B88: Jeff Thorne - Dead from gunshot wounds.

V4 Characters
B103 - Kevin Harding - Killed by a javelin.
G035 - Ash Morrison - Tumbled down a hill.

Pigeon Army
Player

November 2nd, 2010, 10:35 am #38

((So sorry about the wait, exams.))

Well.

The wonders of daytime television weren't something Dustin was overly familiar with. The few times he was home during the day - sick, overworked, couldn't give a fuck - he was more likely to be finishing up reports or playing guitar or having a few beers with friends than he was watching Days of General Hospital or whatever the hell the television was scheduled to shit out. The one or two times he had caught some of that stuff, though, it had seemed like the most overcooked bullshit around. Everyone was having abortions or sleeping with their sister or murdering their business partner or getting plastic surgery or getting abducted by aliens. Dustin didn't even remotely consider himself a writer, and he knew he could vomit out better shit than that. Hell, he had done just that a couple of days ago. Literally.

This, though?

This fucking drama bomb...no, this drama blitzkrieg?

You couldn't write this shit. Not even those crappy daytime soap writers could write this shit.

The twenty minutes or so it had taken Maria and Dustin to locate the rec centre itself had been uneventful. This was good - Maria couldn't blurt out to anyone who passed by that he, Dustin Royal, womaniser par excellence, had failed to get his dick erect to a girl like her. This was also bad - Dustin had a lot of time to think as a result. And all he could think about what his penis letting him down. On television, too. Who knew how far that shit was broadcast? It wasn't enough that his parents would have watched their son fail at sex live on cable - there'd be people in fucking England and France and Botswana watching him and laughing their asses off. His impotence was there for everyone to see, live and in crisp HD - oh, and check the fucking highlights reel at the end for more of Dustin at his goddamn floppy best.

It was enough to make a man grateful that he was dying soon. At least he wouldn't have to go home to a life of being a walking erectile dysfunction advert.

At that point, Maria picked out the recreation centre, their adventures coming to an end as the night sky grew to a slightly less threatening shade of black. "Don't mention before to anyone," Dustin muttered, more to himself than to his failed fuck-buddy. His frustration could easily spill over, and it was the last thing he needed to let people on the island actually know about it. In fact, it was probably for the best if he didn't even stay. Just grab your guitar and bolt. That Jamis fucker would probably kill you five seconds flat anyway given the chance.

Luckily for Dustin, that frustration quickly escaped to the back of his mind in the face of the collapse of the Jamis Empire.

It had started with the announcement, fingering Maria for the killing of some other chick Dustin may or may not have fucked. It wasn't really relevant, what was relevant was that he'd almost fucked a murderer what the HELL. Then the terrier snapped, pulled out a gun and started waving it around, blubbing about how Dustin was "turned on by murderers" and how he thought she "wasn't good enough for him". Dustin could have replied to her little tanty with a number of little snappy retorts - yeah, whiny little Sammy wasn't good enough for him; no, he wasn't turned on by murderers because he didn't damn well know Maria had straight up killed someone; yeah, he'd stay alive because he wasn't getting fucking attached to some dreamboat he could never have. He could've, but they all decided to stay away from Dustin's brain at that moment, their fill-in being an overwhelming sense of being fucking confused by everything she'd just said.

Then she swung open some door to reveal Emperor Wifebeater himself, and he consoled her as she cried and cried about leaving because it was all too difficult. Then some guy started rambling about how it wasn't Maria's fault she went all Harrison Ford and exploded a fucking flare in someone, then someone else bowled on in to see the emotions parade go through town, then that guy no-one gave a shit about said he was leaving, then Ash started consoling Blubberpuss as well and talking about how she shouldn't betray Zach "like Dustin betrayed you." Dustin laughed at that. He'd betrayed Sammy? He wasn't even on the girl's fucking side in the first place, how the hell could he betray her? Did he have an obligation to sleep with every woman who wanted sweet Disney romance with him or something? It was so fucking bizarre. All it needed was some blonde chick to roll on up and announce that she was pregnant - and Ash is the father.

Dustin shrugged. "All I wanted was my fucking guitar."
THE LIVING - V4
G087 - Rachel Gettys / Tambourine / The Groundskeeper's Hut / Babysitter: Ciel
B027 - Dustin Royal / Yatagan / Residential Area / Babysitter: Hollyquin
B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala / Astra 400 (9mm) [x3 magazines (8 round capacity)] / The Tunnels / Babysitter: Inky

THE DECEASED - V4
B097 - Max Neill / The Lighthouse

PIGE AND ARCH - SALES MASTERS!!!

Ciel
Mr. Danya

November 5th, 2010, 5:24 am #39

Zach wasn't going to believe this. Just wouldn't. Sam couldn't leave. She was with him since the beginning. Couldn't. Wouldn't. No.

"You're not leaving."

"Zach..." Sam gave him this pitiful puppy look that made Zach actually feel something like pity. "Zach, I thought you'd be the only guy who'd understand."

"God damn it Sam. It's nothing to do with understand. I understand perfectly. You're just deluding yourself. You're not leaving. That's that."

It took Zach a long time to realize that someone had joined the party. Zach was fucking agitated. When the fuck did the women's bathroom become such a hot spot? Were they having a surprise party in here, with the fairy painting and the toilets? Jesus fucking christ. It was hard enough dealing with this shit, now here comes miss no emotion to talk Sam down from the edge. Zach couldn't have that. He tore the bitch down.

"What are you, a psychologist? Just fuckin' read minds like goddamed Miss Cleo? Fuck you. Fuck you and... wait..." Zach thought about what Ash just said. Heturned his head to Sam. "How is - Sam, did you - wait - I - What? What did she mean by breaking MY heart like Dustin..."

Sam stared at Zach.

"Sam, I'm talking to you. What the fuck did she just say?"

"She's talking about something I told her." She looked back, glaring at the boy behind Ash. "You see, I, uhh, u-used to think Dustin was the prettiest boy in school... uhh, So I, uhh, just confessed that I've had a crush on him."

Zach looked over Sammy's shoulder. When the fuck did Royal get there? When did that little cock decided to crawl back? In fact, where the hell did he go? Zach was thinking too much. Did he really give a shit where Sir Penalot went? He could have killed the rest of the class with his own - wait what did Sammy just say? WHAT?

"You fucking had a crush on him?" Zach said, flabbergasted.

"Uhh... Yeah?"

"And you didn't you tell me?!"

Sam winced at his reaction. "I-I didn't know how you'd react Zach. You hated Dustin. Y-You'd yell at me."

"I always yell," Zach sneered. "And I hated everyone."

"Even me?"

"What? You're the exception Sam. We've known each other for years. You should know that."

"Why am I the only exception?"

"I," Zach was tongue-tied, "Fuck Sam, you're just cool, alright?" He held his hand up to his forehead. "Sam, Sam, just wait for a minute okay? Why the fuck are you still leaving? Just stick around, alright? My head is in fucking shock, I don't need you going off too."

Sam shook her head. "I just can't Zach, alright? I'm leaving because, well, I need to work things out. I don't want to be here. And I don't want you to come with me. I want to be alone."

"You're not leaving." Zach said. "No, not so suddenly. You've got to at least plan this shit. A day, at least."

Sam blinked. "Can't I just... leave?”

“Sorry," Zach felt some sort of deja vu, pushed it aside. "That’s not how it works. You’re wrong.”

Sam just stared at Zach, keeping very quiet. Yeah, that's right. She learned her lesson. Zach would have nodded sagely. She would stay and

"Zach," Sam said, lips curled in the biggest frown Zach had ever seen on her. "I don't care how you insult me right now."

Zach was surprised. He didn't respond.

"You're my friend." She looked down. "You're rough around the edges but I like you. You... just let things happen. You go with the flow. You understand. You care but you aren't, like, overprotective. You don't judge, you don't sugarcoat things and the last thing I need is sugarcoating. So," she rubbed her arm. "Yeah. That's why I like you. You're a big jerk but you're a good jerk. You're passionate. I'm sure you'll be fine without me. I'm only holding you back."

"Don't..." Zach sneered. "God damn it Sam, don't say that. If you were holding me back, I would have told you."

Sam ignored his plea, "Don't worry about me while I'm gone. Okay?"

"You're not leaving."

"Zach..." Sam sighed. "I..."

Sam came over and hugged him. Zach didn't liked being hugged. He didn't stop her. Didn't have the energy. After she let go she grabbed her daypack, rubbed her eye and gave Zach a smile.

"So yeah." Sam said awkwardly. "I'll see you later. I promise."

Sam turned around. She stopped to take another look at Dustin before walking out of that door and out of the story of Zach Jamis.

(Samya Franklin continued elsewhere.)

Zach sighed. Inhale. Exhale. He turned to Dustin.

"Well. Look what you did Royal. Fucking crushed a girl like that. Sam is a good girl and you took her to the cleaners. Hope you're reeeaaal proud 'bout yourself." He flicked the butt of his cigarette at Dustin. "Asswipe."

Next time he went back to the front hall, he was going to take Dustin's guitar and smashing it. As hard as he could. Over and over. Then he'd set the pieces on fire just to see Dustin cry. God damn it. Why did she have to leave? She was Zach's only friend here, wasn't that enough?

Solitair
Player

November 5th, 2010, 9:45 pm #40

So there was this fight at the Break of Dawn, and it was totally awesome! The reigning champs, Blank Nation, they were being challenged by this techno trio that wore power armor and had spiky hairdos and could snap their fingers and your head would FUCKING EXPLODE! And their leader guy pointed his finger at Winston and said "BLANK NATION! Your reign of nightclub dominance ends here! None can stand against the powah of The Machine!"

And Winston tossed his head and raised his mic and his cape was fluttering in the wind!

<3<3<3<3<3<3

And he said, "Put your music where your mouth is, muthafucka!" And then they dueled and it was SO AWESOME! The techno guys were zombifying the crowd into attacking Blank Nation but they got clear of them! Maria made the fucking earth move with her drums and Zach and Cassidy levitated them into the air where the power of Winston's voice cured them and turned them into missiles, bombarding their shields. And the guys were staggering, with metal birds floating around their heads and everything but then they got up and formed a DEATH RAY with their turntables! It was all charging and then they were all laughing and gloating BUT THEN BLANK NATION TRANSFORMED!

They totally mechanized and combined to form a TEN FOOT MECHAZORD! Maria was the legs and Cassidy was the arms and Zach was the body and Winston formed this wicked awesome spear and the Nationzord aimed the spear at the death ray and then they said... "I'M KILLING YOU... WITH A WEAPON!"

Oh my god that was so awesome! It was so awesome that they sprouted POINTY KAMINA SHADES! And they shot a beam out of the spear and the death ray fucking exploded and the bad guys turned to coins! And everyone at the club cheered for Blank Nation and they turned back to normal and Maria said

"I KILLED SOMEBODY!"

Cassidy blinked, focusing on Maria's anguished face. She propped up her torso with her arms standing ramrod straight behind her hips.

"What?" Dumbfounded surprise fueled the word. Why couldn't she get another wakeup call? Anything else. She knew there were worse ways to be roused from slumber, but none occurred to her at that moment.

Samya had woken right back up with Cassidy, and she was almost as upset as Maria. She looked like she desperately wanted to use that gun of hers on Dustin and Maria. Mostly Dustin. She spat enough venom at both of them before talking with Zach. "Wasn't good enough for you, am I right Mr. Royal? Whatever, I'm done, have fun with your murdering fucktoy."

"What?" The same word sprung from indignant outrage this time. Cassidy scrambled to her feet and reached for Wins- for her javelin. Fortunately she'd kicked it a few feet away from her during her sleep, placing it out of the reach of rash, violent urges. She settled for glaring at Samya, who didn't even bother to acknowledge anyone but the head asshole in charge.

"Okay, will everyone stop freaking the FUCK OUT?!"

Relief came from the most unlikely source. This guy here, who Cassie hadn't even noticed before, spoke up. She didn't know if he was there before she fell asleep, but if he was, he'd vanished into the background completely. Now he had peoples' attention, and he explained what happened with Maria.

"Thank you!" she said at the end, grateful for any innocent explanation that could exonerate her. "You see?"

“I have to go," that other guy she didn't know said just then. "I’m sorry, but I have to.”

"What?" This time she was just confused. Unlike Samya, she didn't want this kid to get the fuck out of her sight. He hadn't done anything at all. Why was he leaving? The announcements were harsh, but most other people here didn't want to be alone all of the sudden.

She tried to hold her hand up, but stopped. She didn't really know him, and she didn't really know what to say to him. He just slipped away into the night, never to be seen again.

She just sighed now that the two of them were gone. She looked back up at the newly-formed odd couple. "Did you two really?" she asked, not really in the mood to elaborate any further.

Then she peeked behind her, seeing the instrument she'd been entrusted with leaning against the wall. "Oh. Here's your guitar, Duncan."
WickedIcon: i just launched a baby wearing a denim jacket and a bowler hat across a hospital, through a window, killing several patients, destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, and finally coming to rest on the body of a presumably dead clown
WickedIcon: this is the best dollar i've spent in several years

chitoryu12I have yet to find gay sex that involves the men punching each other. I must not be on the internet enough

Turning Pages: Read some books along with me, why don't you?

V4:
[+] Spoiler
B081 - Roland Hayes Condition: DEAD.
"Fuck it." c3< c3< c3< c3< c3< c3< c3<
G070 - Cassidy Wakemore Condition: DEAD.
"No doubts. No regrets." <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
G076 - Lillian Hayes Condition: DEAD.
"My best wasn't good enough..." <> <> <> <>
G079 - Eiko Haraguchi Condition: ELIMINATED.
"Is it really over?" <3< <3< <3< <3< <3< <3< <3< <3<
V5:
Arthur Wells: The Artist ... ... ... ... ?
Rose Matheson: The Sprinter ... ?
Ilya Volkov: The Wrestler ... ... ... ... !

Super Llama
Contender

November 5th, 2010, 11:53 pm #41

And then everything went to hell around her.

It seemed that with the announcement people were just splitting off and pointing guns at each other and arguing, and then there was more arguing off somewhere further inside the building, and it was all her fault, wasn't it? She showed up and then everything just fell apart, and then she got called a murdering fucktoy and the best part was she couldn't even refute it. What would she say? "Well, we didn't do it. We just came really close, except Dustin couldn't get it up, so we just called off the whole thing."

She wanted to tell everyone to just go ahead and stay. SHE'LL leave instead, and then they can all just go on their merry way. She wanted to, but she just couldn't make the words come out, and pretty soon it was too late. They were both gone, maybe to never be seen again, and it was her fault. Why did she just keep screwing things up for everyone? She tried to force everything down again; to do what she usually did in situations like this and force it all into a little ball and leave it there, and go back to happy, goofy, energetic Maria, because at least she got shit done and didn't just sit there on the verge of a nervous breakdown. But it wouldn't work this time. She tried as hard as she could to push it all back, and it just forced itself to the foreground harder than before. And as the boy who was apparently also there in the woods started to explain things (and she knew he really had the best intentions) the memories and experiences came back and dogpiled on as well. The feel of Phil's fists hitting her, over and over, each time blacking out her vision for a brief moment, and each one trying to make it permanent; make it so that she didn't have to feel the pain anymore, feel ANYTHING any more. And the fire, and the horrible screaming, and the heat against her back as she ran for her life. And the smell. The smell that seemed so familiar. It smelled almost like...

"Barbecued pork." She suddenly said out loud. "It smelled like barbecued pork."

And then she started to laugh. It was so stupid. The smell of somebody roasting alive, screaming in agony as their life was slowly and violently torn from them in a mess of fire and ash, was barbecued goddamn pork. What the hell?

She leaned against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest and burying her face in her arms, trying to make herself as small as possible as the laughter died down with a wracking sob.

"I should've just given up..." She said finally. "I should've just let Phil finish me off, and then I..."

And then she wouldn't have killed someone.

And then she wouldn't have fucked around with Dustin, and gotten that girl all pissed off.

And then she wouldn't have started to break up the team.

If only she could just disappear...

Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is MORPHIN' TIME!

V5 hopefuls:
Hiro Fukuyama: "N-n-no, I-I'm not scared."
Lucy Rosenberg: "If you're looking for friends, I don't think I can help you with that."
Angus McDonald: "To hell with you! If anyone here deserves to live, it's me!"

[+] Spoiler
Maria "Animal" Graham is dead at the Residential District.
Duncan McMahon is dead at the Residential District.
Sebastian Decartes is dead at the Infirmary.
Petrushka Ivanova is dead at the Groundskeeper's Hut.
banthesun wrote:She wanted those horrible metal balls to stop banging against her legs
ZombiexCreame wrote:But would Celeste even want help from a guy that whips out his pistol without a second thought?

chitoryu12
Leader

November 6th, 2010, 12:52 am #42

Barbecued pork was, surprisingly enough, a very apt description of what burnt human flesh smelled like.

As Chris looked around in the silence after his monologue, he noticed that in his intense speechmaking trying to defend the poor girl from facing a hail of accusations and possibly blades, he had totally missed Simon disappearing from the room. The last person he talked to before drifting off that night was gone, replaced with someone he didn't even recognize yet standing by the door.

He turned back to Maria, who was now sitting against the wall, crying and muttering things he couldn't make out. He heard a girl's voice shouting "Thank you! You see?" at the end of his defense, but he didn't acknowledge her. The only thing he was ready to acknowledge was the punky little drummer crying in the corner.

God, why do I always have to care so much about women?

"Maria, come on. Maria, look at me."

He put his hands on her shoulders, shaking them gently. She slowly tilted her head up to look at him, long, shiny lines of tears staining her face. She looked broken, like she was ready to just give it all up. She looked like a girl who had lost everything. It was his least favorite kind of girl.

"Listen, it's all right. You're not a killer, and I know that. Maybe not the rest of them are ready to admit it, but I know it. Okay?"

He paused to think of the next thing to say.

"You can't give up like this, Maria. I promise, I won't let them hurt you. No matter what they may think. You just need to trust me, okay? Trust me." He shivered, feeling a sudden cold chill pass through the room. It seemed like this little corner of the island was the only place where calm was trying to take hold, wrest control from the chaos that enveloped their lives. "Just stay with me, all right? Don't give up just yet."
Characters for v4

Christopher Carlson: B052
Weapons: Brass knuckles

Jake Crimson: B084 (Adopted)
Weapons: Cinderblock

Characters for v5

Clayton Leven: B050
Weapons: Handcuffs
[+] Spoiler
18:38 GeneralGoose yep. having sex with trees is SOOOO me
20:36 Ella I have had several threesomes with teddy bears
13:41 Ruggadance THIS IS DIFFERENT AMPUTEE SEX
21:09 Bake I'll nom her.
13:16 Ruggasexy I SAW THE SEXY STRIPPER PICTURES BEFORE I KNEW OUR ROOM WAS FULL OF SEX TOYS AND LINGERIE
22:53 Ruggadressed You've got to be like Brosidon, king of the brocean
11 GeneralGoose [516] [1288] [267] 2086 Geno, remember when I told you sleep was a capitalist scam?
24 Crash [165] [697] 873 wild, unbridled, rampaging weasel lust
00:07 BetaKnight open wounds and fecal matter is a no-no

storyspoiler
Leader

November 6th, 2010, 7:45 pm #43

And Mizore Soryu was still thinking about Naoko Raidon and then suddenly about nine million people poured into the girl's bathroom. Apparently someone outside had killed and something barbecued pork and this caused Samya Franklin who was Zach's friend to have what Mizore thought was boyfriend drama but she wasn't quite sure because she wasn't caught up on any gossip in school and then Zach was getting mad and scared and trying to talk Samya out of leaving, and someone who Mizore thought might be named Ash was also trying to talk and this was all stuff Mizore had nothing to do with, and so she was very confused, and kind of wanted to leave.

Also she wanted to think about Raidon.

But mostly she wanted to leave.

People were very noisy.

Also, none of the people who had invaded the bathroom had even noticed it was covered in artwork, which was disappointing, and this seemed like the kind of drama where someone could suddenly get caught in a crossfire if any one of these insane people suddenly had weapons to go with their drama.

Zach called Dustin Royal an asswipe, which Mizore Soryu, upon reflection, sort of agreed with.

But yes. It was really noisy in this room, suddenly. And Mizore wanted to go.

Calm down.

No, she was not letting herself get thrown off by this.

She picked up her pack and left.

(Mizore Soryu continued elsewhere)
--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Pigeon Army
Player

November 7th, 2010, 12:43 am #44

"Well. Look what you did Royal. Fucking crushed a girl like that. Sam is a good girl and you took her to the cleaners. Hope you're reeeaaal proud 'bout yourself. Asswipe."

Jamis launched the cigarette at Dustin, the limp stick of tobacco skittering across the floor towards him. Classy. Dustin chuckled as it rolled towards him, gathering his thoughts as he watched the feeble, smoldering paper rod. Then he looked up at Zach, who was turning to leave, and served up a healthy meal of "Fuck you, Jamis. Even if I did fuck Maria, which I didn't, I don't need Sammy's permission to do it. I can fuck whoever I damn well please on this island. I don't have to stay chaste just cause some fat chick wants to play Beauty and the Beast with me. Jesus. So yeah. I'm pretty fucking proud of myself. Got a problem with that?"

He wasn't paying any more attention to anything. Not to Maria's breakdown, not to the slew of people leaving, not to the 'roid-rage Jamis would almost certainly have after hearing what Dustin had to say. They were all fucking messes, and that wasn't his problem. He wasn't going to have all their issues hung on him like some sort of coat rack made of blame.

Seeing Cassidy with his guitar, he grabbed it off her, a curt "Thanks" as accompaniment, and slung the strap over his shoulder.

Time to blow this fucking popsicle stand.

((Dustin Royal continued elsewhere))
THE LIVING - V4
G087 - Rachel Gettys / Tambourine / The Groundskeeper's Hut / Babysitter: Ciel
B027 - Dustin Royal / Yatagan / Residential Area / Babysitter: Hollyquin
B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala / Astra 400 (9mm) [x3 magazines (8 round capacity)] / The Tunnels / Babysitter: Inky

THE DECEASED - V4
B097 - Max Neill / The Lighthouse

PIGE AND ARCH - SALES MASTERS!!!

Ciel
Mr. Danya

November 7th, 2010, 1:55 am #45

Oh, was McJerkoff talking? Zach wasn't really paying attention. Instead, he was focusing on Mizore. Mizore was leaving. He couldn't blame her. Shit was going down and not the good kind of shit. Zach walked away from Dustin and just ignored him. Mizore. Mizore was strange. Samya was strange. Why? Why the hell did Zach feel so alone? So cold? Shit. Don't let this get to you Zach. Be cold. Be rational. You don't need anyone else.

... Not going alone. Not going in a big group.

He was setting down the title of group leader.

Zach turned to Aquafina. He didn't waste much time.

"Cassidy." Zach said flatly. "You ain't such a bad girl. Don't get killed."

And with that he left.

(Zach Jamis continued in that one thread with the spooks.)