Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 1:33 am #11

((Caedyn Miller Continued From Forlorn and Forgotten Knowledge))

So, here were some facts:

1. Everybody had supplies, but dead people didn't need them.

2. Most everybody was gonna die.

3. Caedyn wasn't going to die.

4. All the people who were going to die should just give her their shit.

It was pretty clear and simple from where she was sitting. Like, why waste supplies on people who weren't worth it to start with? It'd be easier if everybody else understood that, but she figured they weren't going to be that understanding. And of course she didn't want to kill anyone. That'd be crazy, mostly because then everybody would know she did it and then where would that leave her? It was way better to take something from someone who was sleeping. Or, if they wouldn't sleep...help them along a little bit. Not kill them, obvs, just put them down for a little nap.

That's how Caedyn came to be standing in the shadows of the bridge, bottle of scotch tight in her hands, waiting for someone to walk on by. She'd heard at least one person up top. If she could just whack 'em in the back of the head like they did in the movies, she could yoink their stuff and be back to Jazzy in no time. It was a foolproof plan. All she had to do was wait for one of the little vermin to skitter down here into her trap.

Jah, sometimes it blew her mind how fucking smart she was.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 1:41 am #12

((All GMing approved.))

Nadia shrugged and stepped back to allow Bridgette passage. "Be my guest. I wasn't planning to stick around much longer."

Bridgette nodded, gave Bryony a glance that she hoped was reassuring, and passed Nadia to climb down the slope alongside the bridge. Not a bad little area from up here, at least. This could be something to work with so that they didn't have to keep running from building to building every night. Hard to see from the top, decent shelter from the elements. She reached the bottom of the slope and dusted the bit of dirt that had collected on her pants away, before straightening to examine the strip of land and water before her.

The dim gray lighting and light rain didn't do much for visibility in the shadow of the bridge. That wasn't a problem, until the slightest bit of movement in the corner of Bridgette's vision that told her she wasn't alone down here.

"Hey-!"
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 1:50 am #13

Somebody was coming. Somebody was coming, and she was perfectly hidden, and they'd never even know it was her. Nobody would ever know she-

"Hey-!"
-----------------

Like most predators, the Cassowary does not react well to being startled. Despite being savage and cunning predators, the majority of reported cassowary attacks are purely in self-defense after sudden, aggressive movement. This one will be no different. While the Cassowary is not a stealthy creature, her prey would have been much wiser to simply play along with her hopeless charade. By squeaking and acknowledging her presence, it has sealed its fate.

The Cassowary screeches. Its claw comes up and cuts through the air without a second thought.

-----------------

Too loud, too quick. She didn't even see who she was hitting before the bottle came swinging down onto their head. It shattered on impact, sending blood and glass and booze flying all over the place. Between the shout of the girl she just hit, her own squeal, and the shattering glass, anybody nearby would have heard that. She needed to run, but she couldn't pick up her feet. She was frozen, staring at the jagged remains of the bottle and the crumpling form looking up at her.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] spoiler
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
[+] spoiler
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 1:58 am #14

Bridgette instinctively brought her hands up to shield her face as the bottle swung towards her, but her face wasn't the target. Pain shot from the top of her head and down her spine before concentrating in the spot where she had been struck. She staggered, spots popping in her vision.

There was glass in her hair. Her hands touched the top of her head and her fingers came away sticky with blood and alcohol.

"You-"

She stumbled, went down on one knee. Her arms jerked involuntarily.

"Y-y-y-y-"

Something was wrong something was terribly terribly wrong oh god-

Bridgette pitched forward, limbs spasming as she toppled into the dirt, still choking on the words that she couldn't seem to force out.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 2:07 am #15

Oh. Oh no. That was wrong. She was doing it fucking wrong, or, or playing it up, trying to make her feel bad or something, that wasn't how this worked. She was supposed to just fall over, nice and quiet, and go to sleep. Instead she was bleeding everywhere, and twitching, and making noises, like, like...

Go the fuck to sleep.

It was supposed to be easy for both of them. Why did she have to fuck it up like this? Bridgette, the twitching, spastic face was named Bridgette. Caedyn hated her. She never really even knew her but right now she hated her. She had to go and fuck things up and get hurt way worse than she had to. On top of that, all she was ever supposed to do here was die, just like everyone else, but she couldn't even get that right. She just kept-

Oh fuck oh fuckohfuckohfu-

It was too much. With all the booze in her system, the disgust and horror finally sent Caedyn retching over for the second time since she woke up. On the bright side, she didn't get it all over herself this time. She was able to just spill it all over Bridgette's flailing body.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] spoiler
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

NPCs:
[+] spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 2:27 am #16

There was warm wet splatter on her back and her arm, and Bridgette felt herself gag at the feeling and the smell but she was choking and she couldn't do anything but twitch and choke. A few helpless, terrified tears spilled down her cheeks. All she could see was dirt and a pair of shoes belonging to her attacker, and she couldn't even cry out to Bryony and Nadia.

Caedyn, it's Caedyn, please help, she's killing me-!

This wasn't how things were supposed to go, she was supposed to get out of here. She'd had a plan.

This wasn't how she was supposed to die.

This... this wasn't...

Her thoughts were fading away, even as she was horribly aware of her own uncontrollable movements and the blood oozing from her head.
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 2:40 am #17

She just wouldn't die. Why wouldn't she die? There was so much blood, and she was obviously fucked up, there was no coming back from this. Just let it end. Stop drawing attention and just die like you're supposed to.

She sent Bridgette rolling over with her foot. The bottle came down and buried itself in her vomit covered stomach without another thought. Die. Another swing into her chest as tears started to form in her eyes. Die. Again and again around her upper body. Chunks of glass broke off as she went, but she just kept making those shallow stabs as she started to hiss. "Die, die, die..." It was all she was supposed to do. This was her fault. All her fault. If she'd just done done one thing, anything right the first time, she'd at least be dying a lot easier. But she had to drag this out.

Caedyn wouldn't let her have the satisfaction.

Even though she was bleeding all over her chest, she was still sputtering, and twitching, and drooling everywhere. The stubborn little bitch just wouldn't give up. "J-just die already!" The words came out in a choked shriek as she swung the bottle up around her face, cutting and stabbing wildly at her mouth, her throat, her eyes, her nose, anything at all that would just make this finally stop.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] spoiler
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

NPCs:
[+] spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 2:48 am #18

Bridgette couldn't scream.

She wanted to scream, screaming was basically the only thing to do that this point, but she couldn't. She was choking, she was dying, and there was so much blood everywhere and it hurt, it hurt, couldn't Caedyn see that Bridgette wanted it to end even more than she did?

Blood was running into her eyes and filling her throat. She couldn't even control her own body. Forget thoughts of winning - she just wanted to not feel anymore.

This wasn't how things were supposed to be.

This wasn't how her life was supposed to end.

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

Make it stop...

Make it...

Bridgette shuddered, sputtered, and went still. In the sudden absence of her dying noises, the sounds of Caedyn's sobbing and the pattering rain on the bridge were deafening.

G003 BRIDGETTE SOMMERFELD: DECEASED
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

January 15th, 2017, 2:54 am #19

By the time it was over, her panting sobs were the only sounds left in the rain. There was blood everywhere, including Jane's pretty white dress. She was sore, and she was angry, and she had fucked up. But Bridgette was finally dead. Caedyn had done what she couldn't, because she was just better than her.

That was it. Bridgette fucked up, Caedyn didn't. Bridgette was stupid, Caedyn wasn't. Bridgette deserved to die, and Caedyn deserved to live. It was that simple, and it was going to be no matter who it was she came across. They all deserved this. It was going to happen anyway, right? Caedyn didn't want to hurt her, but killing her now, it was, it was nothing but mercy.

Just mercy. And even if it wasn't, it was all her fault anyway. She looked down at the marred wreckage of Bridgette's face and choked up. "You're f-fucking welcome," she rasped out.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
[+] spoiler
Your turn.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

NPCs:
[+] spoiler
AlunaGeorge
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Espi
Winner

January 17th, 2017, 8:39 pm #20

((Alice Baker continued from Restore/Restart/Quit))

In a brief, glorious moment, Alice thought things might actually be okay.

They'd spent the night just outside the asylum, hiding from sight, waiting for the inevitable moment when that crazy boy found them again. Alice fell asleep still dreading that moment, her thoughts so incoherent that she dreamt of fear, nameless faceless terror.

Even after awakening, she felt awful.

She and Sandra kept going, though Alice was secretly doubtful that Sandra would be able to walk for long. She couldn't help but think Sandra might be more injured than she looked or acted, after the trauma of the situation before. Perhaps she was being paranoid.

The bridge loomed in the distance, so they went that way, since Alice hadn't left this side of the island yet. Perhaps she'd find Bryony somewhere else. It made sense; if Bryony was hiding out, Alice wouldn't expect her to be somewhere obvious.
But then again, she was standing right there in plain view.

Wait.

What?

"Bree! Bree!" Alice shouted, shrill with excitement, as she stumbled forward before breaking into her best attempt at a dead sprint. There was her friend, her best friend, someone who she had been so scared for this whole time, someone she could trust to be a good person. Not that other people couldn't be good, but Bryony was different. She was-

Alice stopped, freezing in place, as she grew closer she spotted something. She hadn't been running straight with the bridge, but at an angle. She could see under the bridge. So, numbly, she stared at Caedyn, covered in blood, a mutilated body with what looked like vomit all over, lying on the ground before her.

Then Alice wasn't numb anymore. So she shrieked.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt