NotAFlyingToy
Winner

May 17th, 2013, 9:49 pm #16

Hansel Responses!
Jill wrote:I'm really sorry I'm about to say this, but I can see Megan being a "pity friend" with Hansel (or at least in one of the ways where it started out as a pity friendship). They're both from the South, so they have the geography thing going on (albeit completely different sections of the South, but work with me here). Obviously with his extremely close-minded views, he has a really hard time making friends, which I think would rub Megan in a "I feel sorry for this guy" way, getting past her own tendency to put up walls to reach out to him. She knows how to keep her opinions to herself, so I can imagine she'd make a good outlet for him. However, I think she would appreciate his art skills as that would be something she wishes she had. Plus, who doesn't like animals? The only problem is that she's pretty good friends with Theo, but at the same time she's friends with Mirabella, so I don't know how that would go.
Yes, yes and yes. Hansel wouldn't begrudge her her friends because he'd be happy to have one of his own, so I don't think there would be too many troubles there.

Added Megan as a friend for now, and I look forward to seeing if that stands up down the line.
Kami wrote:How vocal is Hansel about things like his homophobia and such? The impression I get is that it comes up during conversations and such, but he won't go harassing students on a whim? Am I right in this?
You are correct! When pressed he'll state his opinion, but he doesn't soap box about it unless backed into a corner or if he's having a bad day.
Kami wrote:I'm thinking Alex doesn't like him too much if his behavior does go out of line, or at least she gets annoyed that he doesn't talk too much in group discussions and then starts saying inappropriate things when he's made to respond.
Okay. I'm getting a moderate dislike to ambivalent feeling between the two, based off of that. I'll add her under "Dislike".
Kami wrote:Lana and Hansel: HAAAAAAAAAATE. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.
Agreed! Added under Hatred.
Kami wrote:Miranda? Oh Hansel, what a bag of laughs. Miranda is a mean girl sort, and while she acts that way out of insecurity, she's probably been mean to Hansel before. He stutters, is all Texan-y, and thinks things that make people hate him. What more could you want in someone to be horrible to? I imagine some of his homophobia could strike close to home in some cases, seeing as Miranda's kind of a closet-case, but other than that... don't expect kindness out of Miranda.
Iiiiiiiiiinteresting! I like this, especially since it's twisted to be that Miranda's the antagonistic one. New and different. I'll add her under the Bad above.

Baxter Responses
Jill wrote:As for Brandon...hmm. He and Megan don't really have anything in common, and I'm a little sure that she'd find him to be a really loud and obnoxious person. His history of having a bad temper and using physical force to his advantage doesn't help, either.
They also both struggled in math, so they may have shared a dislike of the subject. Beyond that, yeah, I'd most certainly agree with your summation. So I could see them as knowing of each other and agreeing to mutual avoidance.
Kami wrote:As for Brandon, if he's taking his anger out on other students she's probably going to go "Hey! Stop that!". Alex herself can also be rather temperamental as well (though for her it's more because she tends to get passionate about things), so if they were to ever argue it would be glorious. I think she'd probably tolerate him otherwise, though, and perhaps even find some of his comedy routines funny.
A good, solid point. I think these too can forge some sort of a "Hey, how's it going?" thing. Be friendly without actually being friends, you know?
Kami wrote:With Brandon, she'd know of him, since she's one of the more athletic students at the school (though wrestling, not football). I'm thinking that they'd know each other if they were to, say, both practice in the weight gym at once, and have probably had a few conversations which probably went fairly pleasantly.
I think we can make them share a mutual like, possibly even a light friendship with each other. Just shootin' the shit while pumping iron.
Kami wrote:Brandon, if anything, would be more a friend of a friend. Miranda's one of the "popular crowd" students, and while I don't think Brandon applies, she'd probably be familiar with the football team members. She'd probably get annoyed at least at his temper, and roll her eyes at his jokester nature, though.
I think we can make this one somewhat "tolerant", maybe going into the territory of dislike. If she rolled her eyes at his jokes, he'd likely pick up on it and grump at her.

To confirm, Jill and Kami:

Hansel is adding:
Megan as a Friend.
Alex as a Dislike.
Lana as a Hatred
Miranda as a Dislike

Brandon is adding:
Megan as an Ambivalent
Alex as a Casual Friend
Lana as a Gym Buddy
Miranda as a Nuisance.
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

umop-ap!sdn
Player

May 17th, 2013, 10:31 pm #17

Hey any thoughts on potential relationships with Hansel? I mentioned Cassidy might be a "friendly in person but secretly disgusted by bigotry" kind of friend. Let me know what you get out of her profile.

And then Brandon is going to be really good friends with Joey, I think. And that's good because Joey needs some athletic friends who aren't cocky alpha jocks. Or really friends in general. He's got like 3 because he's been my least active in pregame. Anyway, let me know what you think.

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

May 18th, 2013, 1:39 am #18

I've PM'd you, Nuggets!
[+] Spoiler

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler

Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

May 18th, 2013, 2:07 am #19

Well, R.J. might know Hansel from church, but probably wouldn't like him very much for his views and because of closeted sexuality, but he probably wouldn't let him know that. May just be very quiet around him.

Venice likes to be friends with everybody, but she might be put off by both of their attitudes and views, and wouldn't like them very much..

V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
V7 - ❤ ❤ ❤ - PV3 - {❤} ❤ ❤ - TV3 - ❤ ❤ - V8 - ❤ ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

May 18th, 2013, 8:58 pm #20

Sounds like a plan, Un-Persona my man. I'll toss R.J. into the list for Hansel as a "Like", but a mild one.

Are you open to R.J. and Baxter having a somewhat antagonistic relationship?
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

May 18th, 2013, 9:56 pm #21

That sounds nice. Maybe something like Baxter teasing him, and R.J. poking at his weariness of getting into a physical confrontation, or something like that. We can talk over this more if you want, but that's just a simple idea I like.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
V7 - ❤ ❤ ❤ - PV3 - {❤} ❤ ❤ - TV3 - ❤ ❤ - V8 - ❤ ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

Pippin
Winner

May 19th, 2013, 12:06 am #22

Oh, hey, d'you think Owen and Baxter would be friends? I mean, they both enjoy making other people laugh, and they're both sporty type people, so there's that!
[+] Spoiler
Lyra Doyle-Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky Land Ho
Current Thread: Lo Mein Event - ?Whatever you need, I've got you covered!?
Katie Agustien-If you wanna start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one Bastille
Current Thread: he let me set fire to a fleet of ships when no-one else would - ?Maybe we can trade. I get to watch you dance, you get to watch me work out.?
Stepney Cruz-I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it Memes
Current Thread: Clinging to Loss - ?Didja know this place is supposed to be haunted??
Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money Keane
Current Thread: Generation Loss - ?Oh, and hey, don?t worry ?bout earlier, it?s all cool. I think you?d probably have been hurt worse than me if we?d collided, anyways.?
Aurelien Valter-It's deep in their bones, they'll run into smoke when the fire is fierce Football
Current Thread: I'M A SHARK, I'M A SHAAARK, SUCK MY DIIIIICK, I'M A SHAAARK - ?Goodbye, friend. I will miss you.?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
V4!
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus)
Current location-Paint it Black-DECEASED-Neck broken by Maxwell Lombardi
Weapons-Wallet with German marks, Yatagan, guitar, Savage Model 1907 (.32 ACP)

V5!
B004-Owen Kay-?I don?t... don?t want to die...?-Weapons: Table Leg, Rusty Golf Club-Never Truly Had A Chance

G041-Amy Bachelor-Mike, I... I don?t want to--Weapon: Blackjack-Can't Live On Hope Alone

B024-Francis St. Ledger-?Megan, just... just fuckin? listen to me.?-Weapon: Insulated Blanket-Crossed The Line

V6!

G021-Mia Rose-You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong
Died in: Elapsam Semel Occasionem Non Ipse Potest Iuppiter Reprehendere
Weapon: Uzi-Pro

G034-Astrid Tate-So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Died in: End of the Line
Weapon: Pickaxe

G006-Bryony Adams-Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Died in: eternitybox
Current Weapon: Deck of playing cards, broken easel leg.
[+] Spoiler

Owen, Francis and Amy, all by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by Violent-Medic

Owen Kay, by Un-Persona

Amy Bachelor, by Mimi

Amy Bachelor, by TurtleTyrant
[+] Spoiler
Garren Mortimer-Now you can't get mad, I'm only getting started, I won't blackout
[+] Spoiler
Beatrice Briggs and Timothy "Tim" Karim
Nothing In My Way Pippi Fontaine-I'll float on endlessly, senses eluding me, this long horizon to this open sea.
Jamie Mittelman-We will meet you where the lights are, the defenders, of the faith we are
Clover Crescent-Why would I waste another day whilst life just passes by?
Castlevania Ada Bentley-Save your cheers and my applause, I never was worth fighting for
Richard Potter-But if I had one chance to freeze time, and stand still and soak in everything, I'd choose right now
Kerry Gray-We'll finish what we started, so promise me that we'll be the Lionhearted
Marshall Nichols-Maybe that's how books get written, maybe that's why songs get sung, maybe we are the unlucky ones
Gregory "Greg" Gateshead-Built an empire of sound, as the bridges were falling down
Candice Bailey-I feel I can fly, I'm on 678 cloud 9, and ain't nothin gonna stop me
Patty English-We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment
Ophelia Wright-If you're dreaming what I'm dreaming, close your eyes and feel at home
Marina-Cassandra Gro?-And we will never be alone again, 'cause it doesn't happen every day
Boyd Adkinson - And the lights, they glow, like I just lost the world war, and the scene slips away to the evenness I fake
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

May 19th, 2013, 12:14 am #23

Hey, Pippin! Sorry, I saw that you posted way earlier and it got sandwiched within a bunch of other topics. I'll be reading your profiles and you can expect a PM!

Un-Persona, same deal goes.
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler