Thanatophobia

One of the biggest and grandest rooms in the hospital, the group therapy room was once used to treat many of the low-risk patients at once. A regular session saw them sitting in a circle and sharing their feelings with the group, though any semblance of a homey atmosphere is undercut by signs on the wall warning of constant doctor vigilance and directing patients not to touch any staff. A circle of roughly twenty chairs, some more stable than others, is arranged in the center of room, an example of the old treatment process that has been frozen in time. The decor in the room matches the elaborate design of the exterior of the hospital with a high-ceiling, large glass chandelier, and the corners of the room being designed to imitate pillars. Also in this room are many suitcases stacked high in one corner; name tags reveal they used to belong to patients and have been abandoned along with the hospital itself during the clean-up process.
Cicada Days
Winner

December 10th, 2016, 8:58 am #11

((Taking over Jasper with Aloha's permission.))

Jasper realized how chilling, how offset it was that he'd thought of Raina and the unfamiliar boy following him as 'safety'. He wasn't sure he liked the idea of framing his time left on Earth like that. He didn't like pinning the remnant ethereal wisps of hope's flame and warmth that he hugged close to his chest onto an idea as violent and alien as 'safety'. He wanted to trust these two, so he would. He'd trust them as earnestly as he could.

"Uh, thanks, but I don't smoke." Jasper definitely couldn't see himself starting now. That awkward rejection aside, conversation seemed easier and more familiar by the second. "Well, if that's what you guys have to do." Jasper knew that was Raina's prerogative. Next she asked for any leads. "I haven't seen anything, no." It was a bit unfortunate that he had nothing to offer in terms of information. She asked for more, for people this time. He didn't know much about the robotics club or it's members, maybe he recognized some of the names, but he hadn't yet met a soul from their ranks. "I don't think I've seen any of them, sorry." Jasper's voice struck a note of earnest sympathy as he recalled everything he'd suffered after losing Arthur and Henry. The loneliness, the primal fear of the dark he'd had to nurse. "I'm so sorry you guys haven't been able to find your friends yet. I know how awful it is, wandering around without allies..."

There was someone still outside! Jasper glanced their way, ready to greet them. Maybe they were friendly. Maybe even a friend. Maybe...

“...Jasper?”

"A-... Alvaro!"

It was a genuine laugh that Jasper greeted his old friend with. Genuine, but pained. The first thing he could think of was those familiar raw nerves, those adrenaline spikes he suffered around things that were like weapons. Sharp kitchen knives. Arthur's not-so-real paintball gun. Jasper feared that the gun pointed at all of them was all too real. He was staring right down the barrel almost, right into the void that was like the one that hid behind his eyelids.

He forcibly mastered the impulse of fear with flips of his stomach that were queasy and desperate. Alvaro was his friend. Jasper knew Alvaro had appeared on the announcements once before, with a kill to his name. But. Jasper also knew that Alvaro was sweet, kind, almost painfully shy. Jasper knew that he was a good worker and always had something to say when Jasper stepped into his cafe. Jasper knew that Alvaro was pretty and beautiful and Jasper had never had the courage to say that to his face. Jasper knew the island made them all suffer. Those who died. And those who had killed them.

So he extended his hand, gently as he could.

"Alvaro, hey." Maybe, some tiny part of Jasper mused, this was where he proved them wrong. Fire Girl, Junko. "It's me, Jasper. You're safe here, you can put the gun down." They didn't believe there was peace left in their lives. They didn't believe that there was even point left in their lives. "Just like at your cafe, right? You don't always have to be working and worrying." Jasper believed, with whatever he could muster to defy all the odds, that they were wrong. "You can take a break. C'mon." Jasper patted a spot near himself, keeping his eyes firmly soft, gently inviting.

Yet another familiar face he was pitted against. Jasper hoped against all hope that he'd win the battle this time, without a single shot fired.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

December 10th, 2016, 9:59 am #12

His name was the first word to break the silence.

A laugh. His body tensed. It was different, he knew, but there was still the feeling that it had. The meaning. The idea behind the words. Jasper was friendly. Was. He didn’t know now, anything could have happened since he had woken up that could have changed anything and Alvaro knew that and Alvaro didn’t help that and he knew that Jasper could have changed and he knew that Jasper had changed just like everyone else but he didn’t know. Good or bad? He wanted to believe. The laugh was familiar. The laugh was different from all the others, from the bullies and the jerks who Alvaro knew laughed at him. Used him for what he had. No. Jasper wasn’t like that. He was a friend. He was a teammate. The laugh was different. It wasn’t at him. It was…

Was it? No, couldn’t be. There was nothing to laugh at. There was nothing to laugh with. Why was he laughing, then? What was he laughing at?

He didn’t know.

But the silence was once again broken. More words. A smile. It didn’t matter. Jasper had laughed at something before, but that memory could leave. It didn’t matter. Jasper was here. Jasper was Jasper. He wasn’t like Lily. He wasn’t like any of the other people he knew who were put on the speakers. He was here. He was him. He didn’t know what Jasper had done, he didn’t know what had happened to Jasper, but he could believe, he could let down his arms, he could finally find comfort and happiness and rest and peace and maybe things could be okay again maybe he didn’t have to play this game be on this island maybe he didn’t have to do-

Cold room. Water at his feet.

A friend. Two. In front. Gun pointed.

He could have, they were friends. They were friendly. He could have let his arms down.

A shape, charging towards him. Familiar.

A friend, who knew.

A friend, gone.

A friend, standing in front of him.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in, breathe out.
[+] spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

Cicada Days
Winner

December 10th, 2016, 3:43 pm #13

Jasper couldn't make sense of Alvaro's heavy, troubled breathing.

But no, he could.

Jasper realized each breath, each tremble, was a pained one. Alvaro was suffering, just as much as any other kid on this island who was alone and scared and thought that God had forsaken them. When Jasper had felt at his lowest he'd been alone and without a soul to share the burden of the fear with. And heaven help those others who dealt with that. All those people from his school who dealt with that, every single one. Even those faces who had already come and gone, back on the beach. They were all without friendship and alliance. All they knew was the world around them that was hostile, the voices of terrorists who declared their sins so cruelly and mercilessly.

Jasper's heart was racing, from zero and through the glass of the speedometer. It was some sort of divine revelation, he realized. One that carried the barbs of terror and adrenaline that burned his veins from the inside out. But maybe that fear was somehow clarity. And it was also the courage to do what needed to be done.

To reach out. So Jasper's hand stayed outstretched as an offering even as he began to stand slowly from his chair. "I'm so sorry Alvaro. I know how afraid you must be now." He knew he couldn't try to signal surrender. If he did anything with his hands besides offer them in good faith it would tell Alvaro more than words ever could. It would tell him that Jasper didn't trust him, when that was now the furthest thing from the truth. "No one is trying to understand you, to help you." Really Alvaro and Jasper were no different. All they wanted was someone to hear what they had to say. A friend, the sort of friend who knew being a friend meant being there no matter what. That, Jasper knew, was what he wanted to be. Here and now, for Alvaro.

"I just want to listen, Alvaro." Jasper was fully standing now. Still smiling as loud as he was speaking, so his voice and his intentions rang clear as possible. "I know there's so much you need to say but you don't because you're afraid no one else will try to hear you out, but I will." And once more Jasper remembered those quiet moments in the cafe, and Alvaro's equally quiet voice, and the quiet patter of a heartbeat in his ear. "You know I will. It's what I've always done for you."

It was so strange. Jasper swore he'd never felt this strong, this confident before. All the weakness and the timidness was melted away. All he'd had to do was open his heart, and realize the most important thing was to not leave others to that horrific fate of being alone.

Some part of him still drunk on reptilian instinct screamed that the others could ruin his efforts. Audrey, Raina, Cigarette Guy. Even without intending to, if they did even one thing misguidedly out of the wrong emotion like fear...? But no, Jasper steeled himself and knew without knowing that he could trust them.

They were good company.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
[+] spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

December 12th, 2016, 7:16 am #14

His hands were shaking.

His body was trembling.

Jasper’s words hit. His smile - his voice - was felt through Alvaro. Jasper was his friend. He couldn’t do this. He couldn’t pull the trigger. He knew he had to and he knew that there wasn’t any way he couldn’t but his finger couldn’t move and his body couldn’t move and he knew he had to but he couldn’t but he knew and they knew and he knew he was on this island and he knew he had to play this game but it was like before. This was Nate. This was the room downstairs all over again. He couldn’t do it. He knew he couldn’t. He knew that. He knew that he had repeated the fact a billion times in his head but it was the only thing there. It was the only thing he could think of. He knew he had to but he couldn’t and as the gun stood in front of him it was the only thing within his mind.

He had to do it.

It was easy.

He had done it before. Twice. Shot once, killed once. He had done it. He knew how. He just had to

But he couldn’t. He couldn’t do it. Jasper was there. Jasper was smiling. Jasper was speaking to him. He had to shoot he knew he couldn’t do anything else he knew that putting it down was pointless but Jasper’s voice was right there talking to him telling him that it was going to be okay and he wanted to believe it above all he wanted to be okay not on this island not playing this game but he knew he couldn’t and he knew there wasn’t any chance of it being okay and he knew that he had to do it. There was no choice. He had to. Even though he didn’t want to he knew that it was something necessary.

He had to do it.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in, breathe out.

He forced himself to look, before he did it. The finger wasn’t pulled. There was still a chance. There was still a time, to look into his eyes. Let Jasper see his. Let Jasper see what he wanted, before he did it.

But there was a sight. Familiar, past Jasper. Someone he had seen before. Someone who he had met before.

Audrey.

Why was she here? Why was she with Jasper? What did she think of him? What did she think of what he had done?

What did she think about what he was about to do?

He didn’t know. He didn’t know what the answer was and he didn’t know what to think and he didn’t know what to do and he couldn’t he couldn’t do it he couldn’t fire he couldn’t kill Jasper. He knew that now. He knew what he had to do.

And slowly, the gun lowered.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] spoiler

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

backslash
Mr. Danya

December 12th, 2016, 4:14 pm #15

And just like that the whole situation had gone, as Raina's older brother might put it, tits up. It was a good thing she hadn't launched into some grand explanation of her not-quite-plan, actually, because getting shot in the head in the middle of a pompous speech was pretty far up there on ways that she did not want to be remembered. That was a politician's death.

She'd frozen up as soon as she saw Alvaro with the gun. In a way, that was good. It gave her time to assess the situation, since apparently there was a situation to assess and not just a drive-by (run-by?) shooting going on here. So. Alvaro, gun, his name on the announcements. Looked like he'd taken a beating, looked half an inch and some nudging from getting his name on the announcements again. And Jasper - sweet, well-intentioned Jasper, Raina didn't think she'd ever have pegged him as brave before this - stepping forward to try and save all of their miserable lives.

And the craziest thing? It looked like it might work.

But "might" wasn't good enough.

Big picture. Pragmatism isn't cowardice. High-risk, high-reward doesn't mean much if the only reward is not getting filled with bullets.

Slowly, very slowly, Raina slid one step back away from Alvaro, Jasper, and Audrey. None of them noticed. Good. She shot a glance over at Johnny, trying to make sure they were on the same wavelength. He knew a little something about guns, didn't he? Not that it would come much in handy if he wasn't the one holding it, she supposed. Raina had never actually seen a real big gun like this up close, and all she needed to know about it was what happened if it was pointed at you when someone pulled the trigger.

Still keeping her movements slow so as not to attract attention, Raina reached over and grasped Johnny's bony wrist. There was another exit behind them, not blocked by Alvaro like the first one they'd come through. At an angle, they might be harder to hit.

Raina looked back at Audrey and Jasper. She liked them. She didn't want them to die, not like this.

Let them go.

Without saying a word, Raina spun and ran, dragging Johnny out the door with her.

They weren't far gone when the gunfire exploded behind them.

((Raina Rose and Johnny McKay continued in Coward Mont Blanc))
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

December 12th, 2016, 9:37 pm #16

Noises.

Movement.

Everything suddenly burst to life and the image of the room changed burst out at him and his body jolted and he couldn’t think and he didn’t know what was happening what to do and what was happening there were people moving running footsteps echoing across the ground and he didn’t know what was happening what they were doing what they were about to do couldn’t think couldn’t act but he needed to they could hurt him they could do anything and he needed to do something but he couldn’t and the gun raised again and the gun pointed again and for a moment he could see for a moment he knew for a moment he had realised

And then the sound of the gun, the force that had sent itself throughout Alvaro’s body, took over.

And for a moment, Alvaro was in the hands of the world, as the room began to spin around him again.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Cicada Days
Winner

December 13th, 2016, 3:15 am #17

For a moment too long Jasper was left wondering if his sentiment had counted for anything. There had the immaterial beginnings of a cold watery something sinking through his stomach. What if Alvaro hadn't listened?

The gun was lowering, and the fear was stillborn as it should have been.

Jasper wasn't even sure if it was relief he was feeling. He'd been so convinced Alvaro would see eye to eye with him that it was no news to him that it happened. It was a warm feeling for sure. Something more like eagerness. That feeling came with an old and familiar face, with a friend. It was starting to rain, Jasper could hear the distant thudding of raindrops against the faraway roof. Maybe nature herself would wash out their sins, let them start anew.

Jasper opened his mouth to speak, because there was so much to say. But he didn't get a word out.

He heard Raina and Cigarette Guy leaving, before he saw them doing so.

"Wait..."

It was all in slow motion. Audrey still there, still friendly, but. Raina. Her friend. They were walking away, and they were rejecting the hope of companionship. It was almost a betrayal, that they didn't share in the trust. Maybe it was a tentative peace, but Jasper had thought it could have worked out if everyone had just kept good faith. It wasn't too late, Jasper quickly, boldly thought. Maybe if he reached out and tried to speak to them too? Maybe they'd listen. "Guys!" He moved without without further thought, a step and then another forward into their wake, dragging feet slowly revving for the run. "Don't-!"

He heard the bullets. He didn't see the bullets.

He felt the bullets.

In an instant, all his strength shattered. Jasper didn't even have the breath to cry out. He'd been using that precious, life-giving breath to try and speak. To try and reach out.

That effort was aborted, cut short, and all Jasper was left with for it was the pain. Pain that burned like a fire set to that thing he'd once called a stomach, that instantly locked all his muscles rigid and he couldn't control them or anything else anymore. So he fell onto the ground with a hard crunch, and was robbed of what was left of his breath. But he let it go, as much as he could even control that. He didn't need that breath. Right now all he needed to do was desperately cling onto what was left. His peace. His hope. His friends. He could hold on somehow, even as his arms were suddenly too weak obey him.

"Alvaro..." His voice rattled flimsily and he was gargling his own shredded innards. "Alvaro... please..." He didn't even know if he was loud enough to be heard anymore, his lips were unceremoniously shoved against the floor and each syllable was a struggle for what was left of his lungs.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

December 13th, 2016, 5:43 am #18

Everything came back, all at once.

The room stopped spinning. The noise from the gun had faded, the ringing in Alvaro’s ears being the only noise had remained. There were people he saw there earlier - shapes he didn’t look at, didn’t recognise because he didn’t look because the only thing he noticed in the room initially was Jasper and he didn’t notice them until it was too late - but they were gone now. Audrey was still there, still standing. She was looking at something, Alvaro wasn’t sure what. The feeling of dizziness still remained, and the ripples, the shaking of his body from the gun, were still present. She was looking at something. He didn’t know what. He looked. There were chairs, in a circle. One gone. Was that what she was looking at? He wasn’t sure. Wait, no. He shook his head. There was something past it. A shape, finally coming into focus.

It was Jasper, bullet in his stomach and blood on the floor.

That was when he realised.

He did that.

He fired the gun.

He just killed Jasper.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in breathe out and no no no no no no no

His body stumbled, moved. Forward. Unthinking. His friend was in front of him. Jasper’s body was in front of him. He had to get there. Didn’t know how, didn’t know why, he had to. He had to do something, he had to get there. He killed Jasper. He had to get there and when he did he didn’t know what he was going to do but he had to get there he had to make it to Jasper and do something do he didn’t know get there move forward do something you killed him you did it again you killed another friend you have to do something you have to move forward get to Jasper do something just get there and-

He was there. He stopped.

Jasper called out his name.

Oh god, he was still alive.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Cicada Days
Winner

December 13th, 2016, 6:38 am #19

He couldn't die alone.

He wasn't afraid of death. God did it hurt, but pain was just temporary. Eternity in God's promised kingdom was free of pain, and free of fear, and free of suffering, and Jasper knew that. But he also knew he was alone, it was stark, fresh in his mind. His life had always been the people around him. Nanay, tatay, tito, bunso. Mga kaibigan. Even those faces turned unfamiliar, like Junko, and... Fire Girl... and Alvaro. Even the very person who'd taken his life away was still someone he cared about. God knew there was so much left to say to those people, so much that would never be said because- no. Jasper couldn't leave them. Not like this.

He convulsed, thrashed in agonizingly slow kicks and bobs of the neck. Every movement was more meat slopping off the bone, but he couldn't go. Not yet.

He was able to get his face off the ground. Look up, around. Barely. Jasper was a mess of blood and flesh, painted onto the floor. But all he could see through the darkness that was beginning to steal his vision...

Alvaro.

"..." Jasper had tried to say something. It hadn't come out right, or at all, even though his throat had weakly stuttered. No, no, please, he didn't want it to end like this. Not like this. He was Jasper. He was Alvaro's friend, and Alvaro was right there, and Jasper couldn't leave Alvaro like this. He had... had to say...

"A-... D-don't-..." Jasper's breathing was growing fainter, crackling into static. "Leave... I'm-... I'm still-... here..."
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

December 13th, 2016, 7:54 am #20

“I-”

He didn’t know what to say.

Jasper was below him, blood on the floor, and- oh god oh god that was blood. Jasper’s. His blood, his- oh god no no no no no, his- he shook his head. His blood was on the floor. Jasper was below him, lying there. Bleeding.

Dying.

And he did that.

He did it again. First Barry, now Jasper. No matter how much he regretted it, no matter how much he said about never doing it again, it had happened. He had done it again. Another friend, another customer, another teammate was dead, by his hands.

But wait.

“I-”

No. No. No they weren’t. Jasper was breathing. Jasper was talking. He was still alive, there was a chance-

No. No. No there wasn’t. Jasper was bleeding. Jasper was dying. He wasn’t going to live. There wasn’t a chance. He was going to be another friend struck down by his hands.

And no. No. It wasn’t going to be quick. Alvaro knew that. The wound. It was bleeding. Not quickly. Slowly. He knew. Jasper was going to die. There was nothing Alvaro could do about it. He was going to die in pain and in fear and alone and there was nothing Alvaro could do about it because he did it he messed up he shot Jasper he killed Barry he murdered and made everyone hate him and he messed up and he was a failure the kid who owned a cafe who couldn’t speak at all who was an easy target and who wouldn’t do anything about it and who couldn’t do anything about it who messed up who made it so that his friend was going to die in pain and fear without anything that he could do about it and

The gun was in his hands.

His hands were shaking.

“I-”

He could do it. He could stop it. He realised that. He could do it. He could help Jasper. He could stop his pain. He could stop his fear. He could do it. He could do it.

But no, he couldn’t, couldn’t he? Jasper was there. Jasper was his friend. Jasper was a friend an ally a teammate a person he could always talk to a person he could be friends with a friend a friend a friend no he couldn’t he wasn’t going to do it again this wasn’t going to be like Barry this wasn’t going to be like anyone no he couldn’t do this. He couldn’t shoot Jasper. No. No. No.

But the blood was there. The blood was leaking out. He did that. He shot him. He messed up and-

He could do it. He had to.

But no, he couldn’t.

“I’m-”

The gun was in his hands.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Breathe in, breathe out.
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler