TEW

TEW

Namira
Mr. Danya

October 9th, 2010, 1:27 pm #1

You guys, if you've been on the chat for any significant length of time, have probably heard my talking about TEW, that is, Total Extreme Wrestling. It's a game where you act as the booker for a wrestling promotion, you make the matches, decide the winners, etc. etc.

The reason I'm bringing this up here is that you may also know that I'm in the process of making a SOTF mod for the game, that is, a database where all of the wrestlers and staff are characters from Survival of The Fittest. Thing is, this is quite work intensive and it's taking a long while (as of right now, I have about 131 characters created, which include some terrorists and 'background' characters). So, the reason I'm bringing this up is that I thought some of you fine people might be willing to help me out - not with the technical aspects, I can do that myself. But with the biographies of the characters. Some of them are beginning to get a bit generic and so I figured that you guys might be willing to help write up a 'wrestling' bio for various characters from SOTF.

Some examples below:

Adam Dodd:
wrote:Even at his relatively young age, Adam 'The Victor' Dodd is one of the biggest stars on the US map. With a diverse array of skills, he was the driving force behind the early success of S.O.T.F, becoming their very first world champion. For the next six years, he constantly headlined S.O.T.F shows before, in 2007, he stunned the wrestling world by leaving S.O.T.F for fledgling promotion SCW, where he was a major player in establishing them as a credible federation. Currently the promotion's head booker, Dodd has shown a knack for the business, as well as delivering constantly within the ring.
Bobby Jacks:
wrote:Bobby 'Cub' Jacks was once a high-calibre boxer before taking the surprising step of becoming a professional wrestler, joining Spontaneous Championship Wrestling when it opened in February 2007, apparently at the behest of his friend, Christopher Straton. Jacks is a bulky brawler with surprising agility for his size, as well as having a great aura of menace. In spite of being physically awesome, Jacks still needs work - particularly on his fundamentals - due to his relative inexperience. All the same, it seems as if the star of Jacks is on the rise...
Cody Jenson:
wrote:Cody Jenson is a bona fide lunatic. Formerly a hockey player, he left the sport at the same time as his arch rival, Sam Castro, pursuing him into wrestling (and S.O.T.F) with a worrying level of obsession. Getting over thanks to his athleticism and charisma, Jenson has developed into a fairly good brawler, as well as an utterly insane hardcore practitioner. Jenson is probably the promotion's biggest heel, and has been at the centre of some edgy, controversial angles during his time there. This includes an incident during the height of the Intrepid Six storyline, wherein he brutalised manager Madelaine Shirohara, alledgedly without clearing the attack first. Needless to say, her boyfriend Adam Dodd wasn't happy.
Rick Holeman:
wrote:Rick 'The Marine' Holeman is a pretty bland all-rounder, not excelling enough in any one area to really stand out from the pack. His one saving grace is his natural charisma, and it is likely that this more than anything else led to him being picked up by Spontaneous Championship Wrestling in 2008. Surprisingly, Holeman has capitalised on this to form a pretty good team with Jim Middleton, the Vigilantes... In America.
Mr. Danya
wrote:'Mr.' Danya (first name unknown) is famed for being the founder of S.O.T.F and onscreen authority figure, sometimes colour commentator. A classic heel in charge, he's made a career of screwing the good guys over and putting them at disadvantages to champion his favoured lackies. Danya has quite the reputation for being difficult to get along with, and the number of massive falling-outs he'd had with talent over the years suggests that the rumours are more than likely true.
Sydney Morvran:
wrote:When S.O.T.F opened in 2001, the veteran Sydney Morvran was more than happy to take them up on their offer of work, bringing some sorely-needed name value to a roster of unknowns. However, Sydney wasn't getting any younger, and injuries took their toll, forcing him to retire early in 2003 (albeit with the last hurrah of never losing the BKA title, his reign lasting until he hung up his boots). All the same, S.O.T.F still had a place for him, and Sydney now works as a very good road agent, as well as head trainer for S.O.T.F's dojo, passing on his experience to the next generation.
And so on.

If you want to help out, just post a short biography like those above in this thread, with the character it's for, although before you do, here's a quick couple of things to consider if you want to give it a shot.

* I don't need v1 characters. I started with v1 and as such, I've already done a big chunk of them, including the majority of the 'important' characters.

* Version 2 characters are from (gasp!) Version 2.0. I'm going to need another promotion for V2 guys, so if you'd like to help with creating that, I'm open to suggestions.

* The promotion for version three characters, as it stands, is 'Spontaneous Championship Wrestling' or SCW. If somebody wants to invent another, they're welcome to.

* Those characters involved in the escape, save Adam Dodd, should all be members of Breakout Pro Wrestling (BPW)

* V4 characters can be from 'Power 4 Wrestling' or 'Burning Pride Combat', and I'm looking to create at least one and probably two more, though not necessarily based in America.

* Speaking of which, All-Star Championship Wrestling is based in Canada and includes v4 characters. People may be forcibly made Canadian.

* If a character is of non-American descent, I'm trying to have more of them be based in their 'home' country/region. E.g. if they're Japanese, they're more likely to be in a Japanese promotion than based on their version. (Game areas include Canada, America, Japan, Europe, Mexico, UK and Australia)

Any help would be appreciated for my crazy venture. ^^

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

laZardo
Winner

October 10th, 2010, 11:09 am #2

The American Hardcore Federation (AHF) was founded in 2005 by a number of unaffiliated stables in New Jersey. It is now the Northeast's premiere hardcore wrestling federation.

Marv Hendrick
wrote:Don't let his white-bread upper-crust persona fool you. Born as the sibling to the heir of an industrial empire, Marvin Hendrick quickly found himself with money everywhere, and little to do with it. While his contemporaries fancied themselves with more 'exotic' martial arts, Marv found much joy in getting down and dirty, and up close and personal. As the family couldn't sully their own reputations when he considered going into MMA, Marv moved into the next-best thing: pro wrestling. In 2005 he formed a stable with fiance Renee Valentine as manager, a decision he interestingly seemed to have no problem with.
Damien Madison
wrote:With a diminutive frame and the ability to be very light on his feet, the half-Filipino "Dame" Madison gained notoriety in the Japanese circuits not so much for being a slippery bastard or for his sadism during the 'deathmatches' but for his unusual choices of outfit. In 2005 he moved back to the United States and became part of the Hendrick-Valentine stable, developing a kayfabe tag-team partnership where he was Marv and Renee's 'abused minion.' The storyline where Dame was introduced as a 'new kid' to be hazed into the partnership went over well with the AHF fanbase, though it wasn't until 2007 that he finally appeased his fans from the Japanese leagues by appearing in a female version of his school uniform during the Megabowl.
Cisco "Gecko" Vasquez
wrote:A luchador known for his Aztec-reptilian-style masks, Cisco's main talent is his unpredictability. Also known as the "Chameleon," Cisco has never stayed with one particular finishing move for an extended period of time. In the United States, his heated rivalry with The Dame both in and out of the ring has proved both a ratings booster and a never-ending source of material for some of the more unusual fans writing their own stories. It's also created a lot of bad blood between the BPC and the AHF.

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 11th, 2010, 1:25 am #3

Walter Smith
wrote:Despite coming from a political family, Walter has never shown any interest in government, instead dreaming of going into professional wrestling. This decision came as a surprise to Walter's father, a New Jersey Senator, but he gave his son his full support going into independent federations. Version 2.0 owner Steven Wilson took notice in the middle part of 2008, and approached Walter with a contract both for the name value and the potential for Walter to become a good wrestler in his own right. The politician's son made his debut later that year by interrupting a match between Richard Kingston and Jin Li-Jen, brutally squashing both wrestlers and quickly establishing himself as one of the promotion's more psychopathic heels. While inexperience means he still leaves something to be desired in terms of ring work, he's surprisingly strong and a very skilled brawler, with performance skills good enough to creep audiences out.
Seth Mattlock
wrote:Best known as the leader of the "Bloody Fists" stable, Seth switches between face and heel so often that many don't even bother keeping track any more. As he's repeatedly stated during promos, his only real loyalty is to the Fists, and while rumours of a romantic connection between himself and fellow Fist Mariavel Varella have neither been confirmed nor denied, he's known to hold himself as a "father to his men". Fans of Version 2.0 have grown to expect that anyone who hurts a Fist will soon have to deal with him, and he doesn't disappoint, putting the hurt on offenders with a fighting style that invariably leads to rather vicious matches. While a good wrestler, his mic work isn't as impressive, as he prefers to let his actions do the talking and leave cutting promos to other members of the stable.
Erick Rischio
wrote:Erick's in-ring persona is, to put it politely, utterly insane. One of the more talkative Fists, he's often cutting the stable's promos when not just playing the role of high-flying adrenaline junkie, and what he sometimes lacks in pure wrestling ability he tries to make up for with charisma, brawling skill and generally making his matches as entertaining as he possibly can. Matches between him and the company's nastier heels are usually bloody affairs, as his enthusiasm for violence, love of the "sport" and tendency to try making up moves on the fly meet up with his opponent's brutality and often superior skill. This has made him rather popular with the more casual fans, though smarks sometimes accuse him of being a reckless spot monkey. His respect for pro wrestling can't be questioned, however, as he's proven willing to take almost ridiculous bumps and wrestles through injuries on a semi-regular basis.
Dante Cooper
wrote:One of SCW's newer talents, Dante is an up and coming MMA fighter who entered the pro-wrestling scene partly for the fun of it, and partly for something to do as he tries to break into the professional game. This gives him a solid base for the actual wrestling part of the business, as he brings both his standing and ground skills into his matches, but aside from charisma - due to fan appreciation of his sometimes sadistic sense of humour - he still seems to be getting his head around the other aspects. He also suffers from occasionally predictable matches, as he almost invariably attempts to bring his opponents to the ground and submit them; he's been adjusting as well as he can, but some wrestlers still complain about his stiff kicks and punches. Despite his difficulties adjusting to the differences between MMA and professional wrestling, he maintains a good attitude outside the ring, with obvious determination to improve.
I've got other ideas going, but I'll leave those up for now so I have something posted while the computer's still behaving, and get to some of the others later.

Namira
Mr. Danya

October 11th, 2010, 11:10 pm #4

Thanks guys. It needed a bit of tweaking here and there, but it's a big help.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]

Rocky
Contender

October 12th, 2010, 7:09 pm #5

Alright, I'm just going to do one character for now, and hopefully I didn't do it completely wrong xD.
wrote:(name credit for the fed: Dom) the Terratorial English Alliance (TEA) is a British based federation formed in 2006, and has competitors from all regions of the British Isles. Unlike the other major federation in the UK, TEA focuses more on the competitive nature and ring work as opposed to the hardcore aspect, although particularly heated feuds have been known to end in this manner on occasion.

Bridget Connolly
wrote:Despite her small frame, Bridget is a fierce competitor in the ring. Starting her wrestling career in early 2006 in British based company TEA, Bridget used her superior speed and fearlessness to overcome her bigger opponents. Unfortunately, Bridget suffered a debilitating injury to her knee a year later. Told that she would never compete again, Bridget made a surprise comeback in late 2008, sporting a wicked knee brace, and a new wrestling style, switching from the fearless high flying she made her name with to a more ground based, submission style. However, this doesn't stop her from busting out her signature Pheonix Splash on rare occasions.
Dawne Jiang
wrote:Dawne started her wrestling career in 2009. Still a rookie, she has never won a match in her life. Wrestling in Japan based DANGER-Zone, Dawne mostly gets by on her looks and the fact that she sells extremely well, making her the perfect choice if another wrestler needs to be made to look strong. While she shows great potential down the line, often looking great the few times she's ever allowed to get any offense in, for now Dawne remains near the bottom of the roster.

Namira
Mr. Danya

October 12th, 2010, 9:27 pm #6

That's pretty good stuff. By the way, it'd also help if you gave me names for up to three finishers - just at people who might want to contribute in general. Not what the move is (beyond whether it's a submission), just a name.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

October 23rd, 2010, 8:59 pm #7

Thinking of posting the rosters that I have so far. Yay or nay?

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 24th, 2010, 10:09 pm #8

Doesn't seem too bad an idea. (Still doing writeups, will post or IM them when done.)

Namira
Mr. Danya

October 25th, 2010, 12:24 pm #9

S.O.T.F

S.O.T.F is the biggest promotion in the USA, although loss of key talent in recent times has left their position looking a little less secure.

(I love how for a good chunk of the lower card, I talk about 'time on their side')

Enhancement Talent:

Niniko Kishinawa
22 year old middleweight, regular wrestler.
Best Stat: Selling (84%). Heel

Niniko Kishinawa, in spite of being mediocrely skiled, has somehow found consistent employment with S.O.T.F for the past two years. This may be because every roster needs a couple of guys to get consistently destroyed and one thing that can be said for him is that he sells extremely well. All the same, given his age, a definite case can be made for having time on his side, though given Kishinawa's abilities, he probably needs all the help he can get.

Kishinawa, interestingly enough, is also utterly deaf, meaning he's prone to massive mistiming on his entrances.

Takara Asano
18 year old very small wrestler, cruiserweight
Best Stat: Aerial (63%). Heel

Takara Asano is a fairly raw rookie high flier, who graduated from S.O.T.F's dojo in 2007. A work in progress, Asano's small stature is making it a bit of a struggle for her to stand out from the pack, though she certainly has youth and time on her side.

Openers:

Thom Chuck
20 year old lightweight, cruiserweight
Best Stat: Athleticism (75%). Face

Thom Chuck is part of a high-flying tandem signed to S.O.T.F, teaming with his best friend Waldo Woodrow. Thom isn't particularly skilled at this point in his career and mostly acts as cannon fodder for higher card heels to destroy, although he does show glimmers of brilliance. With experience, he may improve, since youth is certainly on his side; only time will tell.

Waldo Woodrow
20 year old lightweight, cruiserweight
Best Stat: Athleticism (78%). Face

Waldo Woodrow is part of a high-flying tandem signed to S.O.T.F, teaming with his best friend Thom Chuck. Waldo is perhaps a slightly better wrestler than Thom, but there's hardly a lot in it. Time and experience may improve him, but right now he's a work in progress.

Fun fact: He hates it when people announce that they've found him.

Jill Gatling
19 year old small wrestler, regular wrestler
Best Stat: Charisma (72%). Face

A promising rookie with a lot of raw charisma, Jill Gatling, whilst a work in progress, could go far if handled properly. Unfortunately, that may never happen, as she was snapped up by S.O.T.F, a promotion which very rarely looks to develop actual skill, in her rookie year - the result of a pressing need to fill the gaps left by the exodus following Aiden Ambrose's high-profile departure from the company.

Johnny Lamika
30 year old middleweight, psychopath
Best Stat: Hardcore (71%). Heel

Johnny Lamika is a decent brawler that masks his weaknesses with weapons and blood, meaning that his wild style fits into the S.O.T.F product perfectly. All the same, he lacks any real wrestling ability, and will be lucky to ever rise from his lower card niche, especially if he doesn't work on improving his fundamentals. Amazingly, he actually has a title reign to his name, a stint with the BKA championship which lasted precisely three days and was entirely the result of a botch, wherein Lamika legitimately knocked out Clemence De Rousseau (the reigning champ) and was forced to pin her to give the match some semblance of credibility.

Or so he claims.

Xian Chun
19 year old small wrestler, psychopath
Best Stat: Intensity (78%). Heel

A rookie that is already displaying a worrying inclination towards bloodbaths, Xian Chun has plenty of rough edges; with most of them unlikely to ever be smoothed off given she has seemingly no intention of changing her style. Any hopes of that happening have indeed been almost totally dashed with her signing to S.O.T.F, which actively encourages chaotic hardcore action.

Lower Midcarders:

Adib Harrabbi
19 year old lightweight, cruiserweight
Best Stat: Flashiness (76%). Face
Current v0 champion.

A young, masked high-flier, Adib Harabbi is clearly considered to be a hot prospect by S.O.T.F, whose dojo he trained at. He definitely needs work, but that hasn't stopped the promotion throwing a lot of weight behind him, including a great manager in Elsie Darroch to shore up his very poor mic skills. He earned his first title reign at the tail end of 2009, capturing the v0 title.

Chance Burton
25 year old light heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best stat: Charisma (76%). Face

Chance Burton is a good brawler, with a couple of technical strings to his bow too. His main problems currently are a distinct lack of conditioning and complete ineptitude on the microphone, in spite of his natural charisma. Should he work on those aspects of his game, it would not be unreasonable to suggest he would start to climb from the lower card mooring he currently occupies within S.O.T.F.

Garrett Langston
35 year old heavyweight, brawler
Best Stat: Good performance stats (80s, 98% consistency) Good physical stats (70s). Heel

An experienced brawler, Garrett Langston was a shock acquisition for S.O.T.F in 2008, though more because he was seen as below their range than because it was any particular coup. Dependable, but little more than that, Garrett seems to be entrenched in the midcard. Outside of wrestling, he's the lyricist for the acclaimed rock band, Red Flame Rising, something which he's arguably better known for than any accomplishment he's made in the ring.

Hannah Juett
29 year old small wrestler, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Basics/Psychology/Stamina (74%/68%/72%). Face

Reasonably skilled, Hannah Juett is a decent worker but lacking in charisma, which is why it was something of a surprise when S.O.T.F picked her up in 2003. Undoubtedly, the reason she has remained employed for so long is her friendship with Lucinda Garnett, who she encouraged to enter wrestling. Were management not afraid of upsetting one of their up-and-coming stars, Juett would definitely be long gone.

Ryan Torres
27 year old light heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Most performance in 80s. Face.

Ryan Torres is the younger, less-skilled cousin of the famed Jeremy Torres. He isn't entirely untalented, but the constant comparisons to his relative don't do him any favours. Ryan enjoyed his best run working alongside his cousin in a tag team, but with a hefty push going behind Jeremy, the younger Torres' momentum has died off. A solid member of the S.O.T.F roster, he seems to have settled comfortably into a midcard niche.

Midcarders

Alan Shinwrath
27 year old light heavyweight, brawler
Best Stats: Brawling (72%), physical skills mostly 80s. Heel
Current BKA champion

A former boxer, Alan Shinwrath uses his past profession to give his brawling a very realistic look to it. Shinwrath has found a comfortable home with S.O.T.F, his style fitting in very well with a lot of the roster, but his poor attitude is beginning to get him a bit of a bad rap amongst his peers.

Clare Shepard
28 year old small wrestler, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Technicals in 70s, Performance in 90s. Heel
Tag team champion (reigning for a year)

Clare Shepard is a worker with a good technical base and fundamentals of steel. One of her main selling points is how easily she can play both face and heel roles. She debuted for S.O.T.F alongside Dorian Greywood in 2001, and since then, has become his regular tag team partner. Dorian wows the fans, Clare gives their matches substance. Thusfar, S.O.T.F management has been smart enough to realise that their strengths lie as a team, not apart.

Dorian Greywood
27 year old lightweight, cruiserweight
Best Stats: Aerial/Flashiness (82%/86%). Heel
Tag team champion (reigning for a year)

A good high-flier, Dorian Greywood is only improving as he gets older. Equally adept at playing the face or heel, he's a very versatile performer. He currently works for S.O.T.F as one half of a tag team with Clare Shepard, which, despite being cobbled together, has held as one the most long-lived in the entire company. Providing the flash and sparkle to Shepard's solid base, the duo are most effective as a team and so far, S.O.T.F has been smart enough to ensure that they turn as one.

Ian Hargrave
32 year old big heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Toughness/Power/Menace (89/88/82%). Heel

Ian 'Meat' Hargrave is a slightly atypical monster heel, in that whilst he is large, it is purely in terms of weight and as such his physique is very stout. He isn't too bad in the ring, but there's certainly a lot of room for improvement, particularly because he is a poor mic worker. In spite of this, he was a high profile acquisition for S.O.T.F in 2005, mostly on the recommendation of his friend and fellow indy star, Jason Andrews.

Jason Andrews
36 year old heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Performance ranges from 77-92, Athleticism, Toughness (95/100%). Heel

Jason 'Hawk' Andrews is tough as nails and has charisma to burn, his look and athleticism shoring up distinctly average skills. A twenty year veteran of the sport, Andrews has kept himself in great shape and even at 36, he's showing no signs of slowing down any time soon. He was signed by S.O.T.F in 2004 to provide them with more of a solid backbone to their midcard, as well as be a role model to their youngsters.

Lyndi Thibodeaux - This is why I told Rocky this had happened already >>
27 year old small wrestler, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Performance 70s. Face

Formerly quite the high flier, Lyndi Thibodeaux had to reinvent herself after a serious knee injury made a cruiserweight style impractical and indeed dangerous. As a result of this, Lyndi has developed a pretty good base of technical skills and brawling, and in recent times has been starting to make up for lost time after being somewhat lost in the shuffle of the large S.O.T.F roster.

She is the younger sister of Revolution Survival Wrestling's head road agent Jared Deux.

Michael Suarez
31 year old heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Performance 80-93. Face

A reasonable talent, Michael Suarez plied his trade on the independent scene for several years before S.O.T.F made a surprise move for him and his regular tag team partner Scott Jameson back in 2009 - probably because of the gaping holes torn in their roster by the fallout of head booker Aiden Ambrose's departure. Solid but unspectacular, Suarez is at his best when tagging with Jameson, the pair acting as a well-oiled machine that for purists, is a true delight to watch.

Scott Jameson
30 year old heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Performance: 81-89. Face

A good worker by anyone's standards, Scott Jameson worked the independents for several years before S.O.T.F made a surprise move for him and his tag team partner Michael Suarez in 2009. More than likely, this was to fill the gaps left in the roster left by the Aiden Ambrose debacle. Solid, but without real flair, Jameson is at his best when tagging with Suarez, the pair acting as a well-oiled machine that for purists, is a true delight to watch.

Peri Barclay
26 year old light heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Acting/Tougness (72%/73%). Heel

A fairly good all-rounder, Peri Barclay debuted alongside his childhood friend Stevan Hyde for S.O.T.F in 2002, quickly rising to the top of the tag team rankings. He's the less charismatic of the pair, but also a better wrestler, especially technically. Barclay and Hyde were the subject of a sensation of sorts when they were discovered to be in a relationship, but the backlash has now all but died out. The rumours of singles runs for the pair are, if true, likely to cause Barclay some harm without his partner's mic skills to support him.

Shinya Motomura
27 year old middlweight, psychopath
Best stats: Brawling/Hardcore (76/79%). Heel

With an innate bloodthirstiness and affinity for weapons, it came as no surprise to many when S.O.T.F swooped to claim Shinya Motomura from the independent scene back in 2007. His crazed style means that his body has taken a beating over the years, and the length of his career may well suffer for it. Given the fact his wild hardcore style hides a great brawler behind all the blood, this would be something of a shame.

Toby Valerik
32 year old light heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Performances 84-95, Technicals 70s. Face

Toby Valerik is a good all-rounder and a seemingly permament fixture of the S.O.T.F midcard, as he doesn't quite have the 'It' factor that the promotion usually desires of their big stars. Certainly, Valerik's skills don't get the spotlight they deserve due to his lack of charisma, so unfortunately his company loyalty seems to have tied him permamently to the midcard.

Uriel Hunter
28 year old heavyweight, brawler
Best Stats: Brawling/Power/Menace (72%/82%/84%). Heel

Uriel Hunter is a fairly good brawler with a lot of raw menace and intensity, and has been a part of S.O.T.F from day 1. He's held tag team gold alongside Jacob Starr on two occasions as part of a great brute heel team, but his career took a heavy blow after the high profile firing of his partner. Hunter foundered for a while solo before being folded into the stable of Ryan Ashmore - The Disciples of Freedom, a move which has rejuvenated his career somewhat.

Upper Midcarders:

- This section of the card has a lot of variance between games for some reason. Hyde in particular likes to go into the main event, but I've seen everyone except Aero rise up, Clemence and Amanda usually dropping, although Ed and Ryan do too sometimes. Jack stays in the upper midcard a lot more than he SHOULD as his popularity is very high, but it's because of his style not suiting the promotion, which is pretty much the point.

Aaron Redfield:
28 year old middleweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Microphone (78), Charisma (76). Face
Current Intercontiental Champion

Former baseball star Aaron Redfield came into wrestling fairly late, debuting at the age of 28 after training with the S.O.T.F dojo. He's still rather green in the ring, but that hasn't stopped him shooting up the card in a matter of months, the promotion wishing to exploit the popularity retained from his previous profession. Indeed, some might argue he's been pushed beyond his abilities, though to his credit, Redfield is working hard to improve.

Angelina Kaige
34 year old lightweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: 70+ almost across the entire board. Heel

Angelina Kaige is one tough customer, capable of looking genuinely intimidating even when standing toe-to-toe with male wrestlers. Back in 2004, she was a big steal for S.O.T.F and even enjoyed a world championship run at one stage. However, her stock has fallen somewhat since then and though she remains a reliable upper-card talent, age is beginning to slow her down. A recent tag team with her protege Nevara Aero has given her a new lease on life.

Jack O'Connor
33 year old middleweight, technician
Best Stats: Technicals 88-94%, Acting (95%). Heel

Jack O'Connor (nicknamed, ironically, 'Hack') is a fantastically talented technical wrestler that is near-synonymous with S.O.T.F; although arguably his skills are wasted in such a heavily entertainment based promotion. Though skilled, O'Connor has struggled to make an impact on ability alone and has been fortunate to have been embroiled in a number of feuds with far more charismatic opponents that have helped him gain popularity (mostly through said opponents carrying the non-wrestling side of affairs).

Lucinda Garnett
30 year old small wrestler, entertainer
Best Stats: Charisma/Acting (98%/100%). Face

Ultra-charismatic Lucinda Garnett was an actress long before a wrestler, something which shows in her limited in-ring skills. Although she isn't terrible, her form-over-function skills make her a perfect fit for S.O.T.F, the promotion for which she began her wrestling career (at the urging of her friend, Hannah Juett). Steadily gaining momentum and popularity, Lucinda seems set to begin making huge waves sooner rather than later.

Marcus Roddy
31 year old big heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Good physicals (70-85), Menace (77%). Face

Early in his career, the muscular, intimidating Marcus Roddy was commonly used as a very generic monster heel. However, he got his big break in 2005 when S.O.T.F decided they saw something more in him and signed him. After languishing in the lower reaches of the card for a while, Roddy was given a massive push when he was thrown into the hugely popular 'Intrepid Six' storyline, something the promoters hadn't yet realised would catch on quite as much as it did. Roddy gained a huge popularity boost from his involvement in the storyline and even now he remains at the fringes of the main event, although he lacks the skills to truly break out and become a star.

Nevara Aero
19 year old small wrestler, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Sex appeal/Star Quality (84%/76%). Heel

Trained by the esteemed Angelina Kaige, Nevara Aero is a young all-rounder that is showing some potential, especially with her incredibly stiff kicks. She's far from the finished article yet, but has time and the assistance of a great mentor on her side. Currently teaming with her teacher on a regular basis, working alongside Kaige so much should provide Aero with much-needed seasoning.

Stevan Hyde
26 year old light heavyweight, brawler
Best Stats: Entertainment stats (76%-84%), Brawling (78%). Heel

A natural heel, Stevan (sic) Hyde is a good brawler, best known for his part in a vicious tandem with Peri Barclay. Undoubtedly the less skilled and well-rounded of the pair, where Hyde delivers is on the microphone. It was a minor sensation in 2008 when he was discovered to be dating his partner, but by now the majority of the backlash has died down. In spite of being a multi-time tag team champion, Hyde has been enjoying a strong singles push as of late (including a Minase Memorial tournament win) something which calls into question the future of S.O.T.F's most enduring and bankable tag team.

Vince Samsa
37 year old big heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Microphone/Charisma/Power (84%/84%/86%). Face

Vince Samsa is a massive competitor that, in an extreme breaking of the mold, is a fantastic face. As with many big men, he's pretty limited within the ring, but he makes up for this deficit with great mic skills. A stalwart of the independents for almost fourteen years, he was a stunning signing for S.O.T.F towards the end of 2009 and though he hasn't yet won a title, he looks like a lock to break into the world championship scene sooner rather than later.

Main Event

Amanda Jones
26 year old middleweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Athleticism/Star quality (83%). Face

Amanda Jones breaks the mold in many ways. A towering 6ft 3", she's simply huge for a female competitor, with abnormal power. The daughter of a prominent politician, her continued role within S.O.T.F is something of a scandal, causing her father to attract a fair amount of flak for her profession. In wrestling, she's part of the famed Intrepids, playing a prominent part in the blockbuster 'Intrepid Six' storyline of 2005-7, meaning she's rooted firmly at the top of the card.

Clemence De Rousseau
29 year old small wrestler, cruiserweight
Best Stats: Aerial/Athleticism/Charisma/Star Quality (80%/81%/81%/90%) Heel

Clemence Celliet De Rousseau is one of the biggest female stars in wrestling today, having made her name as part of S.O.T.F's highest echelons. A talented, charismatic high flier, Clemence has got to where she has today through politics and strategic alliances, in spite of the fact that her ability would quite easily have done the same thing. Becoming head booker of S.O.T.F in late 2009, the promotion is already beginning to see the effects of having such a politician in a position of power.

Cody Jenson
31 year old light heavyweight, psychopath
Best Stats: Good rumble (78%-86%), good physicals (80s), Intensity (91%). Heel

Cody Jenson is a bona fide lunatic. Formerly a hockey player, he left the sport at the same time as his arch rival, Sam Castro, pursuing him into wrestling (and S.O.T.F) with a worrying level of obsession. Getting over thanks to his athleticism and charisma, Jenson has developed into a fairly good brawler, as well as an utterly insane hardcore practitioner. Jenson is probably the promotion's biggest heel, and has been at the centre of some edgy, controversial angles during his time there. This includes an incident during the height of the Intrepid Six storyline, wherein he brutalised manager Madelaine Shirohara, alledgedly without clearing the attack first. Needless to say, her boyfriend Adam Dodd wasn't happy.

David Jackson
31 year old light heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Perfomance (70-92%), Good Entertainment (70s), Good Physicals (80s). Face

Once upon a time a completely unremarkable wrestler, David Jackson seemed destined for a career of being midcard cannon fodder before he was swept up into one of S.O.T.F's all time hottest storylines: The Intrepid Six. Rubbing shoulders with the likes of Adam Dodd and Hawley Faust, Jackson's stock shot up tremendously and he became a star almost overnight. The departures of Faust and Dodd left Jackson the de facto leader of 'The Intrepids' and now, having developed greatly due to his time working with the big names, Jackson actually looks like a credible main eventer.

Fun fact: He once fought off a shark with his bare hands.

Edward Rommel
27 year old light heavyweight, entertainer
Best Stats: Microphone/Charisma/Acting/Star Quality (93%/100%/91%/95%). Face

Ultra-charismatic Edward Rommel is almost hilariously bad in the ring, lacking skill and polish in just about every area in spite of his ten years in the business. His main (some would say sole) selling point is his fantastic mic work, which very nearly compensates for how poor he is between the ropes. A certain school of thought believes that he missed his calling as a manager, but that hasn't stopped him finding a stable home with S.O.T.F since 2002.

Rommel is (in)famous for an incident in 2008, in the middle of his intercontinental title run, when a defence against Ryan Ashmore became so downright awful that the pair grabbed microphones and had an impromptu promo battle in the middle of the match to salvage it.

Jeremy Torres
31 year old light heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: 70s and 80s in pretty much EVERYTHING. Performance (86-100). Face
Current SOTF Last Man Standing champion

A consummate professional, Jeremy Torres has been training to wrestle since he was a kid, and it certainly shows. Breaking into the ranks of S.O.T.F early on, Jeremy slowly but surely rose to the top and with the departure of Adam Dodd in 2007, has managed to cement himself as the best face in the entire company. One of the most under-rated stars in the business for a long time, he's finally getting the spotlight his excellent all-round game deserves.

Ryan Ashmore
33 year old heavyweight, regular wrestler
Best Stats: Entertainment (84-91), good performance (75-93). Heel

Ryan 'The Liberator' Ashmore is a charismatic submission specialist, whose arsenal of holds can come out of seemingly nowhere. He makes a wonderfully creepy heel with his finely-polished cult leader gimmick, purporting to 'free' others from themselves. Sadly a lot of the nuances of the character are probably lost on the audience of S.O.T.F, so it hasn't taken Holmes as far as it could, given the right platform.

Probably the most memorable moment of Ashmore's career came during an awful Intercontinental title match against Edward Rommell. The competitors eventually gave up trying to make the action watchable and resorted to an improvised promo battle in the middle of the ring. It just about worked.

Sam Castro (Sidney Crosby)
31 year old middleweight, entertainer
Best Stats: Athleticism/Stamina (100%). Face

A former hockey player, Sam Castro decided to transition into wrestling for a shot at something new in life, joining S.O.T.F just as it was taking off. He quickly became one of S.O.T.F's biggest draws and consistently headlines shows, mostly due to his great charisma and pure athleticism rather than in-ring abilities. Castro is widely considered to be one of the nicest guys in wrestling, though one black mark on his record is his serious heat with Cody Jenson, something which reportedly stretches back to their hockey days.

Non-Wrestlers

Achyls
39 year old referee
Refereeing: 82%

S.O.T.F's head official, Achyls has been part and parcel of the promotion since day one.

Andrew Lipson
29 year old announcer
Announcing: 91%

Wheelchair bound Andrew Lipson is an enduring part of S.O.T.F's commentary team, although he came close to leaving in 2007 along with his good friend Adam Dodd. Persuaded to stay at the announce table, S.O.T.F without the voice of Lipson now seems almost unthinkable.

Antonio Franchini
42 year old color commentator
Color Commentating: 67%

Antonio Franchini has a good shout at being just about the most foul mouthed colour commentator of all time. Formerly a wrestler with sub-par skills but fantastically controversial mic work, Franchini would be a great asset for any company... if he could cut out the swearing, that is. As it stands, Franchini is relegated to backup duty with S.O.T.F.

Cassie Weber
32 year old manager
Managing: 81%

Once a promising rookie, a serious concussion put paid to the in-ring career of Cassie Weber. However, refusing to allow this to force her out of the business entirely, Weber decided to go into managing instead, and has developed well at that craft over the years. Indeed, Weber recently signed a deal with powerhouse company S.O.T.F, becoming the sly mouthpiece for heel stable 'The Disciples of Freedom'

Dahlia Riveria
34 year old referee
Refereeing: 66%

Dahlia Riviera is a decent referee signed to S.O.T.F.

Elijah Rice
37 year old color commentator
Color Commentating: 76%

The voice of S.O.T.F, Elijah Rice is a pretty good colour commentator that has certainly made his mark on the announce table over the years. Given his tenure with the promotion, which is nearing a decade; S.O.T.F without Rice intermittently yelling 'Lord almighty!' or 'They're insane!' or even 'THEY'VE GOTTA BE DEAD!' is almost unthinkable.

Elsie Darroch
35 year old manager
Managing: 77%

Smoking hot Elsie Darroch has been working for S.O.T.F as a valet since 2005, and brings a lot more to her ringside role than just eye candy. Charismatic with the ability to work both face and heel, Elsie is certainly a valuable asset to any company.

Ken Mendel
26 year old road agent
Road Agenting: 61%

Ken Mendel is a young man learning the craft of a road agent. He needs more experience to be considered anything more than competent, however, as he currently lacks a true connection to the in-ring action. In spite of this, S.O.T.F signed him in 2009, perhaps with the intention of grooming his skills in the long term.

Madelaine Shirohara
28 year old Manager
Managing: 86%

A talented manager, Madelaine Shirohara found herself picked up by S.O.T.F in 2004, her good looks and mic skills getting her noticed early. She's probably best known for her part in the massively popular 'Intrepid Six' storyline, which took place across 2005 to the beginning of 2007, where she enjoyed an excellent dynamic with Adam Dodd. Madelaine still manages 'The Intrepids' even now, and it's rumoured that her relationship with Dodd wasn't just onscreen... and hasn't ended with his departure to Spontaneous Championship Wrestling.

Mason Lucien
41 year old manager
Managing: 79%

Mason 'Mace' Lucien is a decent fast-talking manager, best known for being the mouthpiece of the monster heel Ian Hargrave. When S.O.T.F signed his client in 2005, Mason joined them as part of the same deal. He plays the character of a self-serving gambler, always looking to play the odds.

Mr. Danya
54 year old... can do a bunch of things
Managing: 78%, Colour: 78%, Road Agent: 70%, Personality: 82%

'Mr.' Danya (first name unknown) is famed for being the founder of S.O.T.F and onscreen authority figure, sometimes colour commentator. A classic heel in charge, he's made a career of screwing the good guys over and putting them at disadvantages to champion his favoured lackies. Danya has quite the reputation for being difficult to get along with, and the number of massive falling-outs he'd had with talent over the years suggests that the rumours are more than likely true.

Murdoc
24 year old announcer
Announcing: 68%

Martyn Ferdinand - better known as Murdoc, is a former radio DJ that S.O.T.F hired to take a position up at their announce desk following the departure of Gillaume Archambault. He hasn't quite grown into his new role yet, but his former career means that he has a solid base to build from.

Naoji Hideyoshi
34 year old referee
Refereeing: 70%

Naoji Hideyoshi is a decent referee working with S.O.T.F, best known for allowing his head to be slammed in a door as part of Cody Jenson's rampage after losing the S.O.T.F LMS title.

Shannon McLocke
47 year old road agent
Road Agenting: 92%

A poor competitor in his time, Shannon McLocke soon realised that his ability lay not within the ring and retired from competing at the age of 28. He resurfaced soon thereafter and became a road agent, a role which he has grown into with time. Twenty years later, he has a strong shout at being one of the best in the business, certainly a valuable employee to S.O.T.F.

Sydney Morvran
49 year old road agent
Road Agenting: 91%

When S.O.T.F opened in 2001, the veteran Sydney Morvran was more than happy to take them up on their offer of work, bringing some sorely-needed name value to a roster of unknowns. However, Sydney wasn't getting any younger, and injuries took their toll, forcing him to retire early in 2003 (albeit with the last hurrah of never losing the BKA title, his reign lasting until he hung up his boots). All the same, S.O.T.F still had a place for him, and Sydney now works as a very good road agent, as well as head trainer for S.O.T.F's dojo, passing on his experience to the next generation.

Vince Neir
45 year old announcer
Announcing: 68%

Vince Neir is a veteran announcer that has been bouncing from federation to federation for years. Recently, he's finally found a stable home as part of S.O.T.F's commentary team, although given the number of announcers the promotion has, it's questionable whether his average-at-best skills will actually secure him a spot at the announce table.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

laZardo
Winner

December 28th, 2010, 3:58 pm #10

So I caught bits and pieces of SmackDown over the past few days and came up with...

Daniel "Boxer" Carvalho - Midcard
Ideal Stats: Physical / Brawling
Named not for his fighting style but the fact that he is often kayfabe-manipulated (and possibly manipulated in real life as well), Carvalho can administer quick and painful beatings practically on order. Unfortunately, this hired-muscle line is about as much as he's known for, which will strictly limit his career advancement unless he finds himself in a stable willing to expand on that.

Troy McCann - Lower midcarder
Ideal Stats: Microphone / Acting / Heel
An import from the local MMA scene who keeps finding himself way over his head. His penchant for running his mouth (particularly his famous "This ain't gangsta, yo!" line) has earned him a substantial fanbase, but frequently compromises the fact that he can put up a good fight to save his own life. His career may be another matter entirely.

Tanya Bonneville - Opener
Ideal Stats: Charisma / Face
What this minor R&B star lacks in talent she makes up for with a willingness to learn, among other things. She had better make sure that her 'diva' qualities don't overtake whatever she learns. Especially when divas like her tend to have a rather short shelf life.

Renee Valentine - Lower Midcarder
Ideal Stats: Acting / Heel
It's hard to believe Renee can balance two leagues at once, and indeed she struggles to do so. She manages a stable with her kayfabe-boyfriend Marv Hendrick in the AHF and simultaneously plays the same roles her 'minions' do in SCW, playing a diva constantly stalked by Nat "Blood Boy" Harris. The only bigger struggle is figuring out if she is closer to Hendrick than Harris.

Yyyyeeeeahhh like I said I'm not good with wrestling lingo.

Namira
Mr. Danya

December 29th, 2010, 7:50 pm #11

Thanks Frank, these will help.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

December 30th, 2010, 11:59 am #12

Actually there's something else here that would be lovely to get help with. My competence with making graphics extends no further than paint, and as such, the logos for most of the companies as of now look... a bit crap, to be honest.

Logos are 150x150 in size, if anybody who dabbles in such things could give me a hand, I would be very very grateful (particularly since I plan to extend this project to something on the board, since I doubt there are many people who actually play this game around the place). Design input is very welcome and I don't mind whether people use the initials or the full company name. I'll try put down what sort of promotion each one is to give people a better feel.

Companies:

AHF - American Hardcore Federation. Naturally, a very hardcore promotion, very gritty and daredevil.

ASCW - All-Star Championship Wrestling (Canadian). Comedic and family friendly, for our wrestling fans, think a bigger and more mainstream CHIKARA. They don't take themselves very seriously.

BPW - Breakout Pro Wrestling. Neil Sinclair's promotion, quite traditional, but with enough mainstream and modern elements to stop it from seeming old fashioned.

BPC: Burning Pride Combat. Ilario Fiametta Jr's promotion, quite outlaw and risque.

DANGER-Zone (Japanese): A young promotion with strong emphasis on death-defying stunts and hardcore action, mixed with a degree of comedy skits.

LOTRSW - Land of The Rising Sun Warfare (Japanese): A pure wrestling promotion, best described as 'puroresu dilute'. It's a lot more intense than most, but has been toned down a fair bit to prevent injuries to their talent.

P4W - Power 4 Wrestling: A very modern promotion that keeps itself mainstream enough to not eliminate 'entertainment' fans.

PWC - Pro Wrestling Central: Performance orientated, no-nonsense promotion, but without being so extreme as to be purely about the wrestling itself.

RA3K - Rebel Alliance 3000 (Japanese): Promotion that tries to hit the balance between performance and entertainment.

RSW - Revolutionary Survival Wrestling: Very old school, by the book promotion.

SCW - Spontaneous Championship Wrestling: Mix of performance and popularity. Fast-paced action.

SOTF - Survival Of The Fittest: Hardcore, purports to be edgy but is actually quite mainstream.

TTPW - Tag Team Pro Wrestling (European): Preferably a logo which says 'Tag Teams RULE!'

TEA - Territorial English Alliance (British): Strongly performance orientated, very intense promotion, which still doesn't mind the odd segment.

V2 - Version 2.0: Gritty, fast paced action.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Namira
Mr. Danya

March 9th, 2011, 8:43 pm #13

This is still going. S.O.T.F, so far as I can tell, is pretty much 100% done now for the first completed part of the project. All roster members in place, all title histories done. Barring tweaks, it should be golden.

I have also made almost every V1 character at this point. There's only a handful to go.

My current focus is Version 2.0, which isn't anything close to done. All of the Bloody Fists are there, as is Ricky Callahan, but that's more or less the extent of my work on it at this point.

Help still welcomed.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

laZardo
Winner

March 10th, 2011, 3:08 pm #14

Holy fuck The Rock is back on RAW.

Also, needs a Luchador League. :3

Anyhoo, V2 with updates.

Zack Falcon - Opener
Hardcore / Charisma
22 y.o. middleweight

Nobody can ever say that Naples-born Zeno Falcone from the TTPF doesn't try hard as he starts a career away from the EU. The guy's got ambition and is more than willing to take quite the beating to get there. He's already become part of a stable and is getting along well with his new teammates, kayfabe-wise and in real-life. The problem is if that beating's gotten to his head, as his performance - of all things, as a half-Irishman brawler - needs a lot of work to cater to the audiences "across the pond" before he can advance.

Damien Madison - Upper Midcarder
Intensity / Performance / Heel
18 y.o. bantamweight

Don't let his clean-cut prep-school appearance deceive you. This timid-looking newcomer to V2 is actually DANGER-Zone's high-flying sadist trapstar Deimada, infamous for his skits obviously involving gender confusion. Of course, it's hard to see Deimada's in-your-face emotionality - or even his flamboyant technique - in the character of the unwilling lackey grunt of Renee Valentine's New Academy stable. This has disappointed much of his fanbase, many of whom remain faithful that one day he'll break out of his ironed male school uniform.

Namira
Mr. Danya

March 11th, 2011, 2:02 pm #15

Thanks Franck. Not quite sure what TTPF is, but otherwise it's golden.

I've actually already created Damien (using the first template you posted) - he's in AHF, and I think I'd prefer to keep him in there. He wouldn't quite fit the V2 feel I'm going for. I'll incorporate some of the new elements you brought up though.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler