Espi
Winner

August 7th, 2017, 8:21 pm #11

When Kimiko lowered her gun, Blair was glad to follow suit. If Kimiko wasn't going to be an aggressor, Blair would be happy not to start something herself.

Still, this situation was still very awkward. Kimiko and Jae's communication was completely impenetrable to Blair, and though Kimiko was clearly trying to communicate to Blair with some sort of hand signals, she had trouble identifying the actual meaning.

Briefly pausing when Kimiko was done, Blair watched the other girl and tried to piece together Kimiko's statement. It was still frustrating, and it made her feel weird. Stupid, like she was a strange animal that the humans were attempting to communicate with. She was pretty sure she got the jist of what was meant; they weren't planning anything. Great. She supposed that if they were planning something then they wouldn't waste time telling her they weren't when they could just continue scheming.

Or it was a complex cat-and-mouse game of predicting the other party's moves. But that was stupid and nobody would waste time like that here.

All that said, Blair was eager to take her leave as soon as possible. Travelling with two other known killers would definitely raise eyebrows, and given that there were probably a few more people out for any of the trio's blood, it would seem a safer bet to stick to her tactic of going at it solo.

Blair stood up, slowly. "Okay, I can see you two are busy." Blair spoke. Her voice was perhaps a bit too flippant about the situation, but what could she do? "Not to be abrupt, but I think I'll be heading off. Uh, good luck, I guess." Geez, something so cheery in normal life was so morbid by now. It was like 'oh, hope you don't die but kinda hope you do because there can only be one etcetera,' and it was just grim. If anything it was just a self-assurance that hey, you were nice. You didn't kill them, you just hoped they died to someone else so you didn't have to deal with it. Yay!

Blair walked backwards from the two, and once she felt confident enough in her departure she turned around. Once she passed the corner, she broke into a brisk jog.

((Blair Moore continued in Amen))
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

backslash
Mr. Danya

August 7th, 2017, 9:30 pm #12

Blair left. Jae supposed he didn't blame her, insofar as he cared at all. He kept his eyes on Kimiko as she moved. There was nothing stopping her from executing him right here, bullet to the face as he laid on the floor.

But she didn't. Not yet.

"Yeah," he said. "I think I need a lot of help." There was an ironic edge to his voice. Near-death self-deprecation.

Was she offering genuine help? Jae couldn't tell. He didn't think he would have done the same if their positions were reversed. She probably knew that, too.

God, this place stank. There was a body nearby, fresh. There were others crowding the surrounding rooms.

Henry was here. Henry's body. Henry was gone, had been gone for a long time now. Maybe it was a good thing after all that they had never met up. What would Jae have done, if he had watched or heard Henry die like he did Asha or Hazel?

Probably all the same fucking things. He would have screamed and cried and plotted revenge, for all the good it did. He hadn't killed Isabel or Alessio. Fuck, he hadn't even been able to catch up to Alvaro and avenge himself, much less anyone else. He shot Lily in the back for being an accomplice, and the other three... Well, Brendan was unprovoked, beyond the way that Brendan had always provoked Jae with his very existence. Samuel was a mistake and Jon...

Jon had to be dead, right? Nobody could shrug off that much, especially not some scrawny five-foot-tall nerd, no matter how much of an action movie hero he thought he was.

There were no footsteps coming down the hall. No sound but his own ragged breathing and the faint noise of Kimiko's movements on the other side of the shattered mirror.

"I'm not going to shoot you," Jae rasped eventually. "I don't want to kill you anymore, I don't think."
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 7th, 2017, 10:17 pm #13

Blair walked out, not turning her back on Kimiko or Min-Jae until she was around the corner and out of view. It was smart from her point of view, especially considering who she was in the room with.

After she left a long silence descended over the room, smothering it. Two killers, not in a stand-off but not at ease. The only real noise was her and Min-Jae's breathing. There wasn't any noise coming from anywhere nearby, they were as alone as they could be within the asylum. The little corner of it they found themselves in adrift from the rest. If either one of them decided to kill the other the only way anyone still alive would find out was if they heard it on the announcement. Kimiko still held the rifle. She could have just shot Min-Jae right then, he was a killer like her, it wasn't like anyone else left would care one or another.

Her index finger on her right hand still rested on the trigger.

Then Min-Jae spoke.

His response to her question wasn't surprising to Kimiko but the second statement he made was the revealing one. She had known that people wanted to kill her, she was aware of how they all viewed her. But it hurt that someone who had once been her friend had wanted to kill her. She knew it made no sense to be hurt or upset by it. She knew that there was no reason to continually feel the way she did about everyone's opinions of her. In the end they didn't matter and she knew that, she had accepted that, but deep down some part of her still hoped for some other response. There wouldn't be anything like that though. She had killed Caleb after all.

Perhaps that was why despite everything she had planned and worked out she found herself removing her finger from the trigger of her gun and climbing over the divide.

She crouched down, while keeping her gaze focused on Min-Jae the entire time, to rest the gun against the wall and raised her hands up to begin to sign.

"Do you want first aid?"

Kimiko was sure she wouldn't be able to help Min-Jae with his injuries.

The offer was a gesture more than anything; they had been friends after all and a friend had given her help and treated her like a person when she needed it.

Maybe that was why she decided to try and help him.

Maybe.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

backslash
Mr. Danya

August 7th, 2017, 10:54 pm #14

"I don't know how much good it will do," Jae said in response to Kimiko's question. "But why not."

He decided he ought to try sitting up, leaning heavily on his good arm to lever himself off the ground. The shallow cut across his stomach started bleeding again with the movement, further staining the front of his already ruined shirt. The rifle slid down into his lap, resting across his legs. He didn't set it aside, but it was probably fairly obvious that he wasn't capable of handling it with his one good hand occupied with the business of holding him up.

"There's stuff in my bag."

Jae's hair was sticking to the side of his face irritatingly, plastered against the cut on his cheek with blood and sweat. Once he deemed that he was sitting up steadily enough, he pulled it back, wincing as it peeled free of his skin.

God, he must look like a horror movie. Night of the Living Goth.

His thoughts had taken on that detached, floaty quality again. Jae wasn't sure if it was from exhaustion and shock, or if it was a sign of something more serious. He didn't bother to spend time wondering about it.

<How are you?> He signed when he was sure Kimiko was looking at him again. It would be more accurate to ask how have you been, but Jae didn't quite have a grasp on tense in ASL at the best of times, much less when he was falling apart at the seams.

Awkward small talk between former friends. Like it was normal. Like nothing had really changed.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 8th, 2017, 5:39 pm #15

Kimiko winced as Min-Jae pushed himself up into a seated position. It was painful enough just watching him move. She didn't want to imagine what it actually felt like for him to have to try and make his body do what he wanted. She nodded when he said he had supplies in his bag. She moved over and withdrew his first aid kit. She didn't worry about him potentially attacking her. He was struggling to stay sitting upright, so it would have been a big ask to expect him to be able to fight. Luckily when his hands moved again it was merely to ask her a question.

Min-Jae's first aid kit still had a full roll of bandages inside it. It wasn't a surprising find, judging from his condition Min-Jae hadn't been taking very good care of himself. Kimiko pulled out the scissors that came with the kit, she knew there were blunted so they weren't a danger to either of them. As she turned and looked back over Min-Jae she realised that giving him first aid was going to be the equivalent of papering over a hole in the wall. The hole was still there, you just couldn't see it.

As she began unrolling the bandages Min-Jae signed another question to her. Asking how she was, Kimiko set the bandages back down in the first-aid kit as she signed out a response.

"Alive."

That was the best answer she could give.

"I'd ask how you are but..."

Her hands dropped and she picked the bandages back up, it looked like the worst of Min-Jae's bleeding was around his stomach so she would start there.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775;
Travis "Trav" Lynch - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822;
Cameron Herrig - &#937; - &#937; - &#937;
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

August 8th, 2017, 6:17 pm #16

Jae snorted. "I'm doing fucking fantastic."

He lifted the edge of his shirt to allow Kimiko to bandage the slash across his stomach, hissing quietly as she did so. He wanted to say more, anything to fill the silence, but his throat hurt and he couldn't think of anything.

It was disconcerting, to just... not feel anything. He should be afraid of dying, nervous that they had to be getting close to the end of things, relieved that Jon was more and more likely dead with each passing minute. He couldn't make himself feel any of that. The last couple of days had burnt out whatever he had left. He was exhausted, in every sense of the word.

"...Are you going to try to win?"
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 8th, 2017, 7:49 pm #17

She looked at Min-Jae when he asked her the question and nodded.

After making sure that the bandage around Min-Jae's waist was tight by giving it a gentle tug, Kimiko moved back and raised her hands.

"Not for me though."

The motive behind that statement wasn't in question but the amount of truth behind it wasn't something Kimiko could readily ascertain. She wanted it to be that pure of a motive but it was a childish wish, nothing was that clear cut anymore.

"You?"

She unrolled more of the bandages.

"Anywhere else you need first aid?"

Ironically now only when they were so close to the end did Kimiko find herself following one of the Three Treasures.

Ci.

Compassion.
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775; - &#9775;
Travis "Trav" Lynch - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822; - &#9822;
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

August 8th, 2017, 8:16 pm #18

"I..."

What was there to go back to, if you won? Who would want you back so badly?

Who is there to win for, that's what he wanted to ask Kimiko. Someone you made a promise to? You think every one of the hundred or so other people here didn't make promises? That they didn't have anyone watching, waiting?

Jae supposed that was what he had never been able to understand. The people who killed from day one - did they really think that they were so fucking special? That they were the only ones with lives left behind, or that their lives were the most important? That they were better, somehow?

He didn't know. He wouldn't ever know.

Jae wanted his parents. He wanted to be at home, in his room, with a working body and living friends and a chance to fuck everything up in ways that didn't involve everyone dying. He wanted a future that wasn't emptiness and pointlessness and a thousand years' penitence in Hell at the end of it. Winning wouldn't give him that.

But God, why should he lay down and die so that some fuck who thought they deserved more than anyone else here could step over him like they had everyone else? They didn't fucking deserve it any more than he did.

In the end, the response Jae gave Kimiko was a half-shrug and mumbled excuse. "That's not why I've been... doing things."

Samuel. Nadia. Lily. Brendan. Jonathan. Even Jae didn't hate anyone enough to make them tally marks towards a pointless goal.

Without adding anything further or asking just who the hell it was that Kimiko thought would want her to kill to live, he held out his mangled left hand to her. Bandages wouldn't fix it, nothing short of surgery probably would, but he wanted it covered so that he didn't have to look at it anymore and so that nothing would get lodged into the space that had been torn out. His broken fingers were still held together crookedly with tape and the split skin was raw and glistening. Jae's stomach twisted, and for the first time he was actually thankful he hadn't taken the food that had been left for him with the rifle.
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

August 9th, 2017, 7:13 pm #19

Min-Jae didn't say anything for a while and then silently raised his hand up. There was nothing Kimiko could do to fix what it happened to it, she doubted there was anything even an experienced doctor could have done. His fingers were mangled and bent at strange angles, while the skin itself was split open. It looked like he had put his hand in a blender.

Kimiko didn't have anything she could do for Min-Jae other than cover them up, so that was what she did. Pulling the bandages over his hand and between his fingers a couple of times to make sure everything was safely covered. At the very least it would stop his hand from getting infected but Kimiko couldn't do any more than that. It was probably down to luck more than anything that Min-Jae still had the use of his hand.

After she was done Kimiko moved back and sat opposite Min-Jae with her legs crossed.

"That's the best I can do...sorry."

Things between the two of them seemed to be calm, neither of them were all that interested in a fight. The end result of that fight wasn't something Kimiko doubted. It wasn't something that she wanted to do either, especially after giving Min-Jae first-aid. Luckily he didn't seem interested in trying to double cross her so her thoughts stayed just that.

Instead she raised her hands to ask Min-Jae a question.

"When did you learn ASL?"
Bret Carter - On a date
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

August 9th, 2017, 7:36 pm #20

Jae scooted back so that he could lean back against the wall. It didn't seem like there was much point in worrying about his leg or his face by now, so he didn't prompt Kimiko to do anything about it. She had already done more than he had expected from her, for reasons he couldn't fathom and didn't really care to ask about.

"Back in middle school," he replied to her question. He didn't offer any further explantion; she would know, and what was there to add? We were friends for a while,
you know.
Like she would have forgotten.

"I've probably forgotten a lot, so I don't know how much sense I've actually been making."

Jae exhaled slowly and closed his eyes for a moment, resting his head against the wall. Kimiko had had more than ample opportunity to stab or shoot or do whatever to him by now. He could afford to close his eyes.

He thought that if she did take the chance though, did kill him here, he might laugh.
[+] spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler