Survivor: The Cursed Islands - Game Thread

decoy73
Winner

November 15th, 2012, 3:03 am #1

Jeff Probst looked at the camera on the beach of the deserted island where 21 people were approaching in two canoes.

"We are at one of the most remote island groups in the world: the Andaman and Nicobar islands. There are 572 islands in this territory, filled with diverse rainforests and unique fauna."

"It is here that 21 people will start the adventure of a lifetime."

Zubin - "I'm actually here. On Survivor. I've watched the show since its first episode, so I was what, seven, then? I've watched it, read about it, and analyzed it to nauseating lengths. Now I'm here, ready to take that data and advice and put it into practice. So, yeah, I think I've got an obscenely high chance of taking home the title. Bring it on."

Owen - "I'm not really here for the money, really. I mean, it'd be nice, but I just wanna, like, enjoy myself here. I know this isn't gonna be a leisurely day at the beach or anything like that, but hey, I've done Defense of the Empire, this'll be just like it! And seeing as I think I'll be good at the social aspect and most of the challenges, I think I've got a good chance at doing well here!"

"However, these people are not strangers. They are all members of the 2012 Aurora High School senior class."

Claire - "Studying film and television is a passion of mine. I hope to someday be an award winning filmmaker and have my films seen around the world. If I win Survivor, it's sure to help me really break into the industry. So be afraid of me, because I may be a geek, but I know how this game works and I will walk away a winner."

Sharon - "I know I'm going to win this. I'm not afraid to do anything to win and I'm not going to let anyone get in my way. I'm probably smarter than all the other contestants on the island and I am sure that my smarts will most likely make up for my lack of physical prowess. This little girl is going to wow the world and there's nothing you can do to stop her."

"But this is more than a test of survival skills. It is a test of social skills. Forced to work together, they must learn to adapt, or they will be voted out."

Jaquilyn - "I'm NOT here to play. I pledge not to kiss ass to stay in this game. My strategy is to try to win everything and never be vulnerable. I'm a fighter, not a lover, and people are gonna figure that out very quickly."

"In the end, only one will remain to collect the million dollar prize."

"Thirty-nine days, twenty-one people,

ONE SURVIVOR!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The twenty-one contestants disembarked from the boats and approached Jeff Probst, the host of the show. Jeff smiled. This was going to be good. To Jeff's right were four lines of cloth: one white, one green, one red, and one orange.

"Come on in, guys!" Jeff called out to the approaching group.

"Hello, and welcome to Survivor: The Cursed Islands. How was your ride here?"

A general voice of agreement came up from the cast.

"Good to know, because for the next thirty-nine days, you will be tested, both physically and mentally. You. Man in the rugby jersey." Jeff motioned to a large, stocky guy wearing rugby gear. "What's your name?"

The boy in question looked at Jeff.

"Virgil."

"Virgil. What's your take on this group?"

"You know, I really like the group that is here. A lot of really good, honest people. And I'm super excited that Cammy is here, too, since prom was such a fun night." Virgil Jefferson-Davis replied. A ways to his right, Camilla Davidson blushed. "I definitely feel like I'll be able to use this as a chance to connect further with some of these people." Jeff nodded. Enthusiastic, that guy was. He turned his eyes onto a tan woman who had a sour look on her face.

"Girl in the green. What's your name?"

"Jaquilyn."

"You don't look very happy. Why is that?"

Jaquilyn Locke looked at Jeff and answered pretty bluntly.

"I look around, and I'm seeing a lot of girls, and not enough guys. Don't know if I'm going to fit in with some of them." She didn't mention that she knew a few of the girls in a not-so-pleasant fashion. Jeff just nodded and continued.

"The theme of this season is 'The Cursed Islands.' Throughout the game, you will be receiving various offers. For each choice, there will be an advantage and a drawback. It is up to you, your allies and your tribemates to decide which offers you want, and which offers you do not want."

"The first curse will begin right now: Who does not want to be the first person voted off? First person to answer will receive the prize and the Curse with it."

This question was met with stunned silence. It seemed like an obvious question. Nobody wanted to be first eliminated from the game. After about fifteen seconds, though, one person spoke up.

"I don't." The owner of the voice, an attractive blonde wearing a turquoise halter top, raised her hand.

"Alright. Come over here. What's your name?" The blonde stepped over to Jeff.

"Cassidy."

"Cassidy. This is the first big gamble of the game. You cannot be the first person voted out. If you play this wrong, however, you could very easily be second voted out. You will divide the other twenty players into four tribes of five. You may split them up in whatever fashion you like, but you must alternate colors: white to green to red to orange. First choice, Cassidy."

Cassidy Kant looked over the twenty players in front of her

"Virgil to the white line." Her first choice was the rugby player that had already spoken up. Jeff nodded. "Virgil, first member of the as of yet unnamed white tribe." This wasn't really surprising, given his powerful 6' 2" frame. He just smiled as he walked to the white line and lightly tossed his rugby ball into his hands. "You are now selecting a member for the green tribe."

"Jaquilyn." Fellow cheerleader Jaquilyn Locke stepped forward as she went to the green line. "Jaquilyn, first member of the green tribe, even has the top to go with it."

"The girl wearing the grey hoodie." Cammy Davidson walked over to the red line. "Cammy, starting out the red tribe."

"Claire." Claire Monaghan walked over to the uninhabited orange line. "Claire, starting out the orange tribe."

"Matt." Easily the largest contestant at 6' 5", 230 pounds, Matt Masters smiled as he walked over to the white line. "Matt, joining Virgil on the white tribe."

"Technicolor T-shirt on green." Cassidy pointed to David Zimmer, who chuckled at the joke. "David, partnering up with Jaquilyn."

"Kat." Katarin Tolstoff walked over to the red line, shaking hands with Cammy. "Kat, joining Cammy on the red tribe."

"Tall guy with the glasses." Jeff nodded. "Owen, joining the orange tribe with Claire." Owen Kay took that direction and walked over to the orange line, standing next to Claire.

"Borat." This earned a laugh from everyone, and a good natured "Hey!" from the short, mustachioed boy Cassidy was referring to. "Borat. Is that what they call you?" Zubin Wadia jogged over to the white line. "Nope. It's Zubin," he answered as he tipped his fedora hat at Cassidy and Jeff. "Zubin, joining Virgil and Matt on the white tribe." Jeff acknowledged

"Francis." Francis St. Ledger walked over to the green line as Jeff stated "Francis to green."

"Girl with the red jacket to red." Lana Torres, who had been looking at Cassidy the whole time, nodded. "Lana joins the red tribe."

"Alice." Alice Gilman looked up and pointed at herself in doubt, mouthing "Me?" Jeff nodded. "Alice joins Claire and Owen on the orange tribe."

"The guy with the blue polo shirt." Douglas MacAllister nodded. "Douglas is on the white tribe."

"Red beret." Sharon Austin looked up. "Sharon, on the green tribe with Jaquilyn, David, and Francis."

"Cassandra." Cassandra Black nodded and walked over to the red line, shaking hands with her three tribemates. "Cassandra to the red tribe with Cammy, Kat, and Lana."

"Jake." Jeff nodded. "Jake. Goes to the orange tribe." The small brown-haired boy perked up. He tried to reel in his amazement as he walked over to the orange line and greeted his three teammates. It wasn't often that Jake Mordetsky could claim not to be last picked.

"Venice." Venice Pennington-Johannes finally walked over to the white line. "Venice, finishing off the white tribe with Virgil, Matt, Zubin, and Douglas."

"Joachim." Joachim Lovelace walked over to the green line. "Joachim, completing the green tribe with Jaquilyn, David, Francis, and Sharon. Last pick"

"Miranda to red." Miranda Millers breathed a sigh of relief as she went to the red line, smiling as she greeted her tribemates, hugging her best friend. "Miranda, joining Cammy, Kat, Lana, and Cassandra to complete the red tribe"

That left one last person. "At that means R.J. goes to the orange tribe," Jeff pointed out. Rutherford "R.J." Roger smiled sheepishly as Jeff motioned him to the orange line. R.J. complied, slapping hands with his tribe.

"Alright. These are the tribes. White tribe, you are Gwe. Green tribe, you are the Shak-ti Tribe. Red tribe, you're called Varna. Orange tribe, you're the Brahman tribe." As Jeff listed off the names, he threw a bag to each tribe.

"Here are your Buffs, and a map to your camp. There's boats for you a little bit that way." Jeff turned to Cassidy.

"Now, Cassidy. As I said, you cannot be the first person voted out of the game. That is because right now, you are not part of any tribe. You will be sent to Exile Island. The good news is that you won't be alone. The place is home to lots and lots of rodents. You will stay there until the first Tribal Council, where you will join the tribe that loses the first Immunity Challenge. A boat's waiting to take you to Exile Island. Everybody, head out."

TRIBES

GWE TRIBE Tribe thread here.
  • Virgil Jefferson-Davis (BROtoro)
  • Matt Masters (Aura Master Fox)
  • Zubin Wadia (decoy73)
  • Douglas MacAllister (Skraal)
  • Venice Pennington-Johannes (Un-Persona)
SHAK-TI TRIBE Tribe thread here.
  • Jaquilyn Locke (LocoBroJoe)
  • David Zimmer (Bikriki)
  • Francis St. Ledger (Pippin)
  • Sharon Austin (jimmydalad)
  • Joachim Lovelace (Bikriki)
VARNA TRIBE Tribe thread here.
  • Cammy Davidson (jimmydalad)
  • Kat Tolstoff (decoy73)
  • Lana Torres (KamiKaze)
  • Cassandra Black (BROtoro)
  • Miranda Millers (KamiKaze)
BRAHMAN TRIBE Tribe thread here.
  • Claire Monaghan (Laurels)
  • Owen Kay (Pippin)
  • Alice Gilman (dmboogie)
  • Jake Mordetsky (Aura Master Fox)
  • Rutherford "R.J." Roger (Un-Persona)
UNASSIGNED Thread here.
  • Cassidy Kant (LocoBroJoe)
Okay, the game has now started. There are threads for each of you to role-play in over the duration of the game, as above. Anything that you don't mind your tribemates knowing about goes in there, as does treemail. You may ONLY post in a tribe thread if you have a character in that tribe, and only as that character. There is no post order, and not posting as a character means you are standing around doing nothing. For game purposes, your character knows of the presence of the other tribe camps in the island group, but has no knowledge of the conditions, locations, or events of those camps.

Challenges and Tribal Council will be posted in this thread. If you have any confessionals or other private conversations, send them to Inky - we hope to make a full-fledged novelization of this game.

And with that, the game has officially begun.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

[+] Spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] Spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] Spoiler
Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Gandhi Tribe

Female #17: Jaquilyn Locke WINNER
Female #9: Cassidy Kant SECOND PLACE
Female #16: Venice Pennington-Johannes THIRD PLACE
Male #9: Zubin Wadia JURY MEMBER #10
Male #14: Joachim Lovelace JURY MEMBER #9
Male #4: Owen Kay JURY MEMBER #8
Female #57: Cammy Davidson JURY MEMBER #7
Female #39:Lana Torres JURY MEMBER #6
Female #12: Cassandra Black JURY MEMBER #5
Male #29: Matt Masters JURY MEMBER #4
Female #32: Kat Tolstoff JURY MEMBER #3
Male #41: Virgil Jefferson-Davis JURY MEMBER #2
Male #32: Rutherford ?R.J.? Roger JURY MEMBER #1

Gwe Tribe
Douglas MacAllister #3 MEDEVACED
Male #59: David Zimmer #8 ELIMINATED
Male #24: Francis St. Ledger #9 ELIMINATED

Shak-Ti Tribe
Female #44: Sharon Austin #5 ELIMINATED
Female #18: Claire Monaghan #7 ELIMINATED

Varna Tribe
Female #19: Miranda Millers #6 ELIMINATED
Female #64: Alice Gilman #4 ELIMINATED

Brahman Tribe
Jake Mordetsky #1 ELIMINATED
Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

decoy73
Winner

November 15th, 2012, 3:08 am #2

Day 3 ...

Jeff Probst stood in front of a collection of sandy dunes, where spread out over the many hills are a collection of coloured mats, doors and puzzles. Almost simultaneously, each tribe is boated in on a different coloured boat. Everyone reaches the shore of the dune collection and stands on their mats, awaiting instruction.

"Alright guys, you've had three days to get to know each other again, and build your tribes. But after tonight, one of you will be the first person voted out of The Cursed Islands. Because this is your first immunity challenge. Here's how it'll work: On my go, you'll race over to - "

Jeff indicated behind him, where four boulders shackled by rope lay motionless.

" - these boulders, where two of your tribe members will untie a series of complex knots that are keeping the boulder in place. Once the knots are all untied, your entire tribe will need to roll the boulder up a hill, where you will run into another puzzle; a locked gate. The same two people as before must slide a series of metal rods into place, allowing the door to open. Once you get through, your tribe must once again push the boulder down a hill and into a brick wall, shattering it."

"Once you've shattered the wall, you must use the pieces of your tribe colour to complete a small bridge over a ditch, where once again you must roll your boulder through an even tougher course. Once you reach the finish line, you must place your boulder on a stand, where you will then have to get both of your puzzle-solvers on top of the giant boulder, where they will pull a lever, which will raise their tribe flag."

"The first three tribes to raise their flag win immunity, while the losing tribe will have a date with me, at Tribal Council."

"In addition to immunity, there will also be a reward that goes along with it."

Jeff walked over to a table, where he pulled the cover off of a small pile of boxes. Inside were various amounts of wood, a few scattered bottles of kerosene, and a folded tarp.

"The first tribe to complete this challenge will win a complete fire making kit, and a tarp for their shelter. It will rain out here, so a tarp is invaluable."

"Now, the second tribe to finish..."

Jeff walked over and pulled the cover off of another smaller pile, similar to the first, but this one was missing the tarp.

"...will also win a fire making kit, but no tarp."

Jeff walked over to a third pile, vastly smaller than the other two, and pulled off a cover, where only a few pieces of metal lay.

"The third tribe to finish will win flint, but no fire making kit to go along with it. The losers will get nothing, only a trip to Tribal Council tonight. Everyone clear?"

Everyone nods.

"Alright, I'll give you a minute to strategize, wait for my go."

--
[+] Spoiler
Each tribe was ready and roaring to go. At the front of each tribe stood the puzzle solvers, who needed to get to the boulders first - Alice and Jake for Brahman, Venice and Zubin for Gwe, Joachim and Sharon for Shak-Ti, and Cassandra and Kat for Varna.

"Survivors ready?!"

Each of the contestants were on the edge of their heels.

"GO!"

And off they went. Since it was only a short run, no tribe had the advantage yet - they all arrived at the boulders in dead heat, where each tribe began working on their knots. It was slow going, as everyone was still trying to get their hands on them, but the first knots were undone by Sharon, who got done faster than anyone else and was already working on the second of many knots. Close behind her was Jake, but even closer behind him was Joachim. Alice was already done, but by that time Sharon had already undone her second knot.

Meanwhile, Gwe was working at a respectable rate, but Varna was struggling, as Kat hadn't even gone halfway through her first knot yet. Once everyone had gone through at least two or three, Kat finally finished her first one, but just as she began working on her second knot, Jeff piped up.

"Shak-Ti has undone their boulder!"

The green tribe pulled together and started pushing their boulder up the marked hill, where a gate awaited them at the top. This seemed to be the incentive for everyone else to work faster, as not ten seconds later another tribe pulled free.

"Brahman has undone their boulder as well!"

The smartest but weakest tribe were now the second out of the gate, where they now faced the gauntlet of the hill. Their lead would soon evaporate, as Gwe finished their boulder not soon after.

"Gwe is the third out of the gate, leaving Varna in the dust - you need to pick it up, girls!"

And pick it up they did, as Cassandra made quick work of the knots that faced her and the entire tribe now faced the hill.

Brahman as a group was slow-going, and this gave way for Gwe and Shak-Ti to consume their lead. Both tribes seemed evenly matched, with Matt and Jaquilyn taking the brunt of the work. However, the green tribe seemed to have something the white tribe lacked, as they made it to their door with a respectable lead.

"Shak-Ti has reached their gate! Brahman is falling behind!"

While the orange tribe were ailing, they still managed to take ahold of a lead on the red tribe, who were essentially four people - Miranda was lagging behind her fellow Varnas.

"Miranda's not doing anything for her tribe!"

He ignored the scowl in his direction and carried on observing and commentating. Shak-Ti's puzzle-solvers were sliding metal rods in and out of place, trying to figure out a way to get through. They weren't there long before Gwe caught up to them, and Venice and Zubin were both also going to work.

On the hill, the Varnas were giving it one final push, which was all they needed to overtake the ailing Brahmans. They arrived at their door, with Brahman only a few steps behind.

"Everyone's at their doors now! We're dead even!"

Right now, half of the contestants probably wanted to stop what they were doing and cuss out the host for distracting them. However, Shak-Ti and Gwe were deadlocked in concentration, and soon after the green tribe had unbolted and flung open their doors.

"Shak-Ti takes the lead! Gwe is not far behind! It is still anyone's game here!"

The tribes already through faced a steep hill, where all of the tribe needed to make sure the boulder didn't run out of control. It was almost as slow as going up.

Meanwhile, both Brahman and Varna were struggling at the door. Cassandra and Kat were doing the best they could, while Jake and Alice were puffed from the hill. Just as the other two tribes were reaching the wall, both of the doors swung open for Varna and Brahman, and both tribes once again got to work on the boulder.

At the bottom of the hill, Shak-Ti had just let go of their boulder and let it roll into the brick wall, shattering it and spreading black and green bricks all over. A similar explosion of colour and brick occurred next door, as Gwe finally caught up. Sharon and Joachim scrambled around collecting green bricks, just as Venice and Zubin were doing for white.

There was barely any distinction between the orange and red tribes at this point, as they were both perfectly even coming down the hill. Lana and R.J. respectively were at the front, preventing the boulder from running down the hill earlier than necessary.

Just as the green and white tribes were almost halfway done in placing the bricks, explosions occurred to the left and right of them as Varna and Brahman both shattered their walls and began collecting pieces.

"Shak-Ti and Gwe are almost finished their bridges, while Varna and Brahman have yet to start!"

It was a mad scramble of frantic yelling and passing as Alice, Venice, Joachim, and Kat stood behind Jake, Zubin, Sharon, and Cassandra respectively, tossing bricks forward to fill the gaps. However, one tribe's lead had yet to be passed.

"SHAK-TI FINISHES THEIR BRIDGE AND RETAINs THEIR LEAD! BUT GWE AREN'T FAR BEHIND!"

Whatever hope Varna and Brahman had at finishing first evaporated as both tribes sprinted with their boulders across the holey and uneven sand field towards the finish line. There was no giving up on anyone's faces, however, as the bricks were in place at the bridge, once again almost a dead heat.

"VARNA AND BRAHMAN ARE DEAD EVEN! TRIBAL COUNCIL IS ON THE LINE TONIGHT, AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO HOME FIRST!"

However, for the first time in the entire challenge Shak-Ti had fallen out of the lead, as Matt, Virgil and Douglas of Gwe all seemed to take everything they had to bring their boulder forward faster, leaving Shak-Ti in the dust, as would be outlined by the host's commentary a few seconds later.

"GWE TAKES THE LEAD AND LEAVE SHAK-TI IN THE DUST!"

Gwe crossed the checkered line at the end and quickly hopped the boulder onto the stand. Only one part of the challenge remained - hoisting the puzzle solvers onto the top of the boulder. Just as they were getting started, Shak-Ti drew in close behind them, with the same goal.

Zubin was the easiest to get up. Venice, however, struggled, and required the help of the three guys still on the ground. Meanwhile, David, Francis and Jaquilyn were doing their best to hoist Sharon onto the boulder, while Joachim waited his turn.

Meanwhile, Varna was slowly gaining a lead on Brahman, as they powered across the dunes as fast as their bodies could handle. Meanwhile, Brahman were almost physically gone.

Venice gained her footing on the top of the boulder, and she and Zubin grabbed the lever connected to the flag and pulled as hard as they could. The white flag sprung down behind them.

"GWE WINS IMMUNITY AND REWARD!!!"

While the white tribe celebrated, there had yet to be celebration on Shak-Ti, as now Joachim was struggling to get on top of the boulder. He grasped Sharon's hand, but all that ended up doing was yanking her tiny frame off of the boulder and onto the ground with the rest of her tribe. Meanwhile, Varna rocketed into the final portion.

Brahman was still behind.

Varna worked faster than both Shak-Ti and Gwe managed, getting Kat up first and then Cassandra second. They both quickly yanked the lever and lowered their flag, much to the elation of all of them.

"VARNA WINS IMMUNITY AND REWARD!!!"

As they celebrated, Brahman finally arrived at the finish line.

"BRAHMAN IS FINALLY AT THE FINISH LINE, WHILE SHAK-TI HAS YET TO GET THEIR PEOPLE UP! THIS COULD BE THE OPPORTUNITY BRAHMAN NEEDS!"

Both male puzzlers managed to get on top of the boulder, while their tribe worked on getting their fellow female up as well.

A hand was outreached.

They pulled their female tribe member onto the top of the boulder.

The two yanked down on the lever releasing ...

... a green flag.

"SHAK-TI WINS IMMUNITY!!!"

The former challenge leaders finally celebrated their first challenge win ecstatically, while Varna and Gwe had finished their own celebrations only half a minute or so before. All Brahman could do was look on despondently.

---

"Alright, that was a great challenge - Gwe, congratulations for snagging that win at the end. You, along with immunity, win a complete firemaking kit and your very own tarp."

Zubin and Venice both almost ran forward to take the boxes and the top of a small totem pole, the immunity idol for the tribal stage of the game. They returned back to their tribes.

"Varna, I never would have picked it after the start, but you guys came second, so you win a firemaking kit and immunity as well."

Cheers erupted from the red tribe as Cassandra and Lana both stepped forward to retrieve their prize and the middle of the immunity idol.

"And Shak-Ti, you guys can go back to camp with flint and immunity."

The two girls, Jaquilyn and Sharon, both stepped forward as well to take the bottom of the immunity idol and their small pieces of flint.

"Alright guys, you can all head on out."

The three victorious tribes all marched back to their boats, leaving behind the losing tribe - Brahman.

"As for you guys, not much I can say - you almost had it, but sadly you guys are going to Tribal Council tonight, where one of you will be the first person voted out of The Cursed Islands."

"Grab your stuff, head on back to camp, I'll see you at Tribal Council tonight."
---
Abridged Results:
Gwe = Immunity, Firemaking Kit, Tarp
Varna = Immunity, Firemaking Kit
Shak-Ti = Immunity
Brahman = Tribal Council

[+] Spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] Spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] Spoiler

Gandhi Tribe

Gwe Tribe

Shak-Ti Tribe

Varna Tribe

Brahman Tribe

decoy73
Winner

November 15th, 2012, 3:08 am #3

Night 3 …

The five Brahmans all trudged along the coastal path towards the large temple in the distance. It was large, impressive, and most of all, sacred, and as such it was the perfect spot for one of the most sacred rituals of the game of Survivor - Tribal Council. The one spot where everyone could be held accountable for their actions in the game. Each of the five teenagers climbed the steps, where a pit of fire, behind which stood Jeff Probst, awaited. Some, like Claire and Ruth, were nervous. Others, like Jake and Owen, were feeling crappy that they were in danger of going home first. All were impressed with the temple itself, but would have likely preferred to be back at camp with another tribe appreciating this.

"Alright guys, behind each of you is a torch. Go ahead and grab a torch, and approach the flame."

The Brahmans did so.

"This is part of the ritual of Tribal Council, because in this game, fire represents your life. As long as your have fire, you're still in the game, and when your fire is gone, so are you."

Once again, each of the Brahmans did so, and sat down on their respective seats. Once Claire was seated, Jeff Probst continued.

"And in thanks to the first curse of the game, here is Cassidy, coming in from Exile Island."

The small blonde girl walked in through the exit gate, smiling and waving politely to the Brahman Tribe, and took a seat over in the now empty jury bench. She had her bag with her.

Once everyone was settled, Jeff sat down, ready to begin.

"Alright, let's talk about the first few days." Jeff turned to Claire. "Claire, you're sitting here on Day 3, after sleeping on an island in the Indian ocean for two nights. What can you tell me about those first three days, are they more than you bargained for?"

Claire cleared her throat.

"Well, the first three days really gave me an idea on how the survival aspect worked. It can be hard to really gauge aspects of a television program when you're comfy at home and with a television crew editing the content. Believe me, it's not as easy as it might seem. It took me a while to get a fire started, our meals are very light, and sleeping close to four other people can get a bit uncomfortable. Still, I don't think I'll get too hung up on that aspect. We're still only three days in, and I think we can adjust to island life."

"Jake, there are a lot of risks associated with being a leader in Survivor - did anybody put their neck out and say 'Hey, let me lead you guys, I can help us?'"

"Well..." Jake began nervously. He was still getting used to speaking with so much attention on him. "We don't really have a, y'know, all-around leader guy. Everyone just, uh, kind of did their own thing to help the camp, and, um, we have a shelter, and we can make water. I think that we're off to a good start."

"Alice, you guys really weren't given much to work with - how does a group like this survive without fire for the first few days? Have you tried making fire?"

"Didn't. Survive without fire, I mean. We somehow managed to get one started on our first day. Claire knew some technique using, um, glasses, and it surprisingly worked. It was, uh, one less thing to worry about, at least." Alice said. She hadn't really considered the possibility of a tribe not having fire on the first day or so. Basic survival skill, wasn't it?

Jeff's interest had piqued at this point, so he interjected before continuing to his next question.

"Really? You guys got fire on your first day? Well, it's not often that happens on Survivor, so to make it a little easier for you guys, you will have flint waiting for you back at camp." He then continued with his questions, this one directed to Owen. "Owen, I'm not a geographer, but I do know that it will rain a lot out here in the next 39 days - is Brahman prepared for that?"

Owen looked up and stroked his chin before giving his answer:

“Uh, currently? I’d be lying if I said we were a hundred percent prepared for rain right now. But hey, we’re smart, we can easily figure something out. Give us a day or so, maybe even less, and we’ll be sorted.”

"How about mentally? Believe me, the rain and the weather is not just something a normal adult can brush off, and you guys are teenagers! It will hit hard and strong, and the only way you're going to be able to stick through it is not only a good shelter, but mentally - are you prepared for that?" Jeff added.

“Hey man, I’m from England, Jeff. I’m used to rain, this’ll be nothing compared to 24/7 wind and storms.” Owen grinned, despite his nervousness, before continuing. “Um, seriously though, I’m pretty sure I can handle it, as can all of these guys.”

"How about you, Alice?"

"Been pretty tough, yeah. Never was much of an outdoorsy person. It's nice and warm inside, and you don't have to worry about getting soaked, y'know? Uh, I do know a bit about survival techniques, so that might have helped a bit. Still not exactly easy." It was sorta weird, talking this much. Definitely not a normal thing for her. Not exactly bad, but... weird.

"Claire?"

"Well, it's hard to say if you can really be ready for this kind of thing, but you have to at least try. You have to have some tolerance to this kind of stuff if you want to make it here, and if you don't, we'll notice, and it might mean you have to go home." Claire replied.

"Ruth?"

"Mentally? Yeah, we got that covered. I think everybody on this island knows we got the smartest people in our tribe. Me 'n Owen have worked really hard on the shelter too, we make sure to keep checkin' it and fixin' it, and I trust these guy to do their job to survive."

"Jake?"

Jake looked at Jeff and answered. "Um … I think that it's all about how much you want to hang in there and, uh, how determined you are. I want to prove that I'm more than just some, uh, nerdy kid with confidence issues. I want to do something I can be proud of out here. It's ... it's mind over matter. That's how you have to look at it."

"Alright, the immunity challenge: Ruth, run me through what happened. Is there any one person to blame on the challenge lose today?"

"No. If we win, we win as a tribe. If we lose, we lose as a tribe."

"Owen, it's fair to say that you guys aren't exactly a physically strong tribe - where else do you think you guys as a group can trump the other three tribes?"

Owen scratched the back of his neck at this question. “Yeeaaaah, the physical aspect is definitely our weak point. You don’t just need strength in this, though! We’ve got smarts, and honestly, I think we just got unlucky on this challenge. We could hold our own in the physical challenges, if we choose wisely and stuff.”

"Alice, you were one of the puzzle-solvers for the challenge today, and you and Jake got that done faster than almost every other tribe - do you think that helps you tonight knowing that you've got that one-up on your other tribemates, that you didn't let the tribe fall behind in the puzzle aspect?"

Alice thought for a moment, then said "I guess? I mean, Jake was equally important in that, after all. We honestly can't afford to lose any of our athletic people, though, so not exactly sure if I'm safe." Definitely something that worried her.

"Jake, you were, like Alice, a puzzle-solver - same question as Alice?

"I hope so. I mean... I think I did good. I just hope that I did good enough to earn my tribe's respect."

Jeff looked at Owen, bringing the tribe's attention to the sixth castaway in the temple. "Owen, you're not just voting out a tribemate tonight - you're also welcoming Cassidy into your tribe. Does that factor in to which way your vote will go?"

“Uh, I... maybe? I mean, she’ll definitely be a boon to the tribe. But even if there hadn’t been this twist, I’m... pretty certain my voting strategy’d have stayed the same. Pretty sure. Mostly.”

"Ruth, you didn't seem to be having any trouble with the boulder, at least compared to your tribemates - do you think that makes you safe tonight?"

"Um...well, ya never know at a game like this, whether you're safe or not isn't something you can easily determine."

"Claire, what other reason would there be to vote someone out other than challenge performance?"

"Jeff, what we have to realize is that the game is social as well as physical. Since we are in the early stage of the game, each person here has to know how to make his or her tribemates understand exactly why they should be here and what they can offer. I think that's probably how tonight is going to go, so I think everyone here needs to be ready to defend their actions."

"Alice, same question."

Oh dear, Alice thought, something about voting strategy. Not easy. "Er, maybe, attitude? Someone who is really good at challenges but never cooperates and plans to backstab everyone for critical damage? N-not that we have anyone like that, of course, but it would definitely be a factor."

"Ruth, how are you voting tonight?"

"Patience. You'll see soon." Ruth gave a mental sigh, still a bit scared about the vote. He hoped he gave off a front of being calm, because he was anything but right now.

"Jake, same question."

"Um... I'm voting based on who I think isn't a team player. It's still early, and we need to be able to, y'know, work together. I think that we need to make sure that we can, uh, mesh together as a tribe." Jake replied. He was nervous that the others wouldn't see it that way. He was on a team that consisted of two strong guys, Claire, and two weak, but smart nerds. Owen and R.J. were the tribe's only hope in physical challenges, so they definitely weren't going anywhere. For himself, Claire, and Alice, however, it was a one-in-three shot for any of them to go home, and that severely scared him.

"Alright, so you guys now need to make the first big decision of Survivor: who to vote out. One by one you'll all walk down the walkway over there to a voting booth. You will write down the name of which member of your tribe you wish to vote out, state the reason why you're doing so, put your vote in the urn, and return to your seat." Jeff continued, satisfied with what he had found out about the tribe.

"It is … time to vote. Claire, you're up first."

Claire got up and walked over to the podium. She hoped her answers were satisfactory, and she was nervous her opinion could turn the others against her. She picked up the pen, and wrote a name down before returning to her seat.

R.J. was next, silently casting his vote, and returning to Jeff.

Owen was third, having completed the hard part of answering Jeff, now had to face the harder part of casting his vote.

Jake walked up fourth, nervously praying the whole time that he would get to stay another three days. He wrote down his vote for Alice. "Um ... I'm sorry, but I think that it's between you and me tonight."

Alice was last. She nervously wrote her vote, and walked back with nary a word.

"I'll go get the votes."

After a long time of nothing, Jeff returned to the main Tribal Council area, holding the decorated urn.

"Once the votes are read, the decision is final, the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes."

Jeff took the lid from the urn, and then promptly took the first carefully placed vote.

"First vote ... Alice. One vote for Alice." Jeff removed the next vote and turned it over for everybody.

" ... Jake. One vote Alice, one vote Jake."

" ... Claire." Everyone's eyebrows went up at that vote in mild surprise. "One vote Alice, one vote Jake, one vote Claire." Jeff continued.

There were two votes remaining.

"... Alice. That's two votes Alice, one vote Jake, one vote Claire. One vote left."

Jeff reached in to take the final vote.

"... Jake."

There was a tie. The first Tribal Council of the season had a tie.

"Alright, we are tied, with two votes for Alice, and two votes for Jake. Here's what we're gonna do - Alice and Jake cannot vote. They will be the only ones eligible for the revote. Owen, Claire, R.J., you three must vote again to decide who will be leaving tonight." Jeff waited a second to let that sink in.

"Once again, it is time to vote."

Claire was the first up to cast her revote. "I'm kind of pissed that I got a vote, but I'm still keeping my original vote. Sorry."

Owen was second, casting his tiebreaker vote.

R.J. was last, wordlessly casting his second vote. After R.J. returned to his seat, Jeff returned to his feet.

"Once again, I'll go tally the votes."

The departure was shorter this time, but at least everyone knew there would be someone voted out after this vote. He returned not long later, carrying the urn once again.

"Once the votes have been read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes."

Jeff removed the lid from the urn, and pulled out the first vote.

"First vote..."

"... Jake. That's one vote Jake."

"... Alice. That's one vote Jake. One vote Alice. One vote left."

Jeff pulled the final vote from the urn.

"The first person voted out of Survivor: The Cursed Islands..."

"... JAKE."

"Jake, I'm going to ask you to bring me your torch."

Jake got up from his seat, and was promptly extinguished from the game. He left down the path.

"Alright, you guys have just voted out the first castaway of the game. The vote was clearly not together, and starting now, you need to be together as a tribe, otherwise this is going to be a long 39 days." Jeff turned to Cassidy. "Cassidy, as of now, you are officially part of the Brahman tribe. Here's your Buff." Jeff tossed an orange Buff to Cassidy.

"Grab your torches, head back to camp. G'night."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Words: Jake Mordetsky (Voted out first, received two votes in first vote and tiebreaker vote)
Soon to come ...

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Gandhi Tribe

Gwe Tribe

Shak-Ti Tribe

Varna Tribe

Brahman Tribe

decoy73
Winner

December 25th, 2012, 4:10 am #4

"Come on in, guys!"

The four tribes walked to the beach where Jeff Probst waited. Behind him in the ocean was a platform on the water, above which hung twenty poles - five white, five green, five red, and five orange.

"Gwe, Shak-Ti and Varna, getting a look at the new Brahman tribe: Jake voted out, replaced by Cassidy." The expressions of the three formerly immune tribes ranged from bored to surprised. "Matt, your eyebrows jumped at that. Almost off your face."

"Yeah, I mean, Jake was one of the puzzle solvers in the last challenge. Jake and Alice were doing quite well in the last challenge. I thought it was the pushers that were struggling." Jeff nodded. "Sharon, you were smirking when you saw that Jake wasn't there. Why is that?"

"I expected as much. They want to keep their strong people around. Physically, they're a weak tribe and one less smart person isn't going to impact them much."

"Well, you wanna get to today's Immunity Challenge?" All twenty Survivors agreed.

"For today's Challenge, you will hang onto one of those poles for as long as possible. If you fall into the water, you are out of the challenge. Last tribe with a member standing wins. You wanna know what you're playing for?" Everyone nodded. "The last tribe with a member standing will receive …" Jeff removed a canvas sheet to reveal a large amount of fission paraphernalia "… a nice large fishing kit, including a line, hooks, a mask and snorkel, Hawaiian sling, and flippers. The second to last tribe with a member standing will receive …" Jeff pulled a canvas sheet off a smaller pile "… some fishing line and hooks, not as good as a fishing kit, but still quite useful. Also, in your Treemail, you all were asked to vote on whether or not to skip Tribal Council, but you could not discuss this with anyone. Do you have those?" Four envelopes were produced. Jeff went to Matt, Francis, Miranda, and Cassidy and retrieved the envelopes, and went off-camera for a few minutes before returning to the assembled group.

"Okay, I have counted the votes. This was a close one, but eleven of you voted to skip the next Tribal Council, so we won't have one." Sighs of relief came from some of the Survivors. "However, this season is The Cursed Islands. As such, the first person to drop will, after the challenge, go back to camp, gather their things, and leave the game immediately." This was the kicker. Not a single castaway was wearing an expression other than complete shock. "Hey, I said we would skip Tribal Council. I never said that nobody would get eliminated. I'll give you a few minutes to get ready. Let's get started."

About ten minutes later, the Survivors were standing in front of their respective poles. Some of them were scared, while others had an expression of cautious optimism. Jeff looked at the contestants from the beach.

"Survivors ready …" The contestants grabbed onto their poles as tightly as they could.

"GO!" The platform they had been standing on was moved back as the Survivors jumped up as high as possible and wrapped their legs around the poles. Most were successful. Others, not so much.

"This is a game of discipline and fortitude." Jeff stated from the beach. Nobody really reacted, except for one person …

"Venice almost slips off her pole at the start!" From the first position, Venice glared at Jeff, as doing anything else would have risked her dropping the remaining six inches it would take to go into the water. Meanwhile, other contestants were trying to readjust themselves. Some were able to get better positions. Many, though, were hanging for dear life, just trying to prevent themselves from dropping first. Eventually,

Splash

Everyone looked over, or at least tried to. But Jeff simply announced …

"MATT slipped into the water first! He's out of the game!" Matt surfaced under the second pole and wiped the water off his face before swimming back to shore, upset not only at the fact that he was out of the game, but also that he'd let his team down. He'd had a slip a little bit in, and had tried to adjust, but had only succeeded in slipping down even further. He had been able to hold on for a little bit, but as he tried to shimmy up his pole, he'd lost his footing again and slipped off the pole a mere two minutes and six seconds into the challenge. This earned as many surprised reactions from the remaining Survivors, but none so much as his girlfriend on the sixteenth spot, Cassidy.

Splash.Splash.

About thirty-five seconds later, the first Brahman had fallen. Alice had started out okay, but she had been slowly slipping since about a minute in, and at two minutes, forty-one seconds, she slipped off her pole. Ten seconds later, Owen, in an attempt to regain his footing, also fell in.

"Alice slips off her pole, she's headed back." Jeff remarked. "And so does Owen. He's out."

Everyone started to tighten their grips on their poles. While nobody was in danger of leaving anymore, the idea of being able to fish was enough of a reason to stay above water, and they were able to stay up for a while.

Splash

"Cassandra falls off her pole, she's the first Varna out." Cassandra started swimming just just as

Splashsplash. Splash.

"Sharon and Francis fall almost at the same time! And Claire's out too, after only three and a half minutes!" For some, this update from Jeff was cringe worthy.

"Let's go, R.J.!" That was from Cassidy, who had recovered from her shock to realize that her tribe was down to four people.

Splash.

"David's out. It's been a little over four minutes. The rest of you will probably be feeling it in your legs as fatigue sets in." The commentary was wearing on the Survivors, both those on shore and those that were hanging from the poles.

Splash.

"Zubin's out. Slipped off as he tried to stand up." Zubin frowned as he nodded back to the other three Gwes before swimming back to shore.

Splash splash.

"Cammy and Joachim are out. It's been four and a half minutes. Brahman is down to two, Gwe and Varna have three each, and it's down to Jaquilyn to carry it for Shak-Ti."

Splash.

"R.J.'s out. Cassidy is now all by her herself for her tribe." R.J. could do nothing but wish Cassidy luck and swim to shore from the twentieth spot, and Cassidy could do nothing for herself but politely congratulate R.J. for trying his hardest.

Splash.

"Virgil's out, after almost six minutes."

Splash.

"Lana fell off her pole. She's swimming back."

Splash.

"Douglas is now out of the challenge, leaving it up to Venice to win for Gwe." Douglas just shook his head as he swam back from the fifth pole.

Splash.

"Who's getting ti - " Jaquilyn wasn't even able to finish that question before someone was able to answer it.

Splash.

"Miranda and now Kat have dropped! Varna is now out of the challenge, and it is down to three tribes at seven minutes." Miranda and Kat both swam back. Miranda had suddenly slipped off the eleventh pole, while Kat had been steadily dropping for the past minute before finally falling off the twelfth position.

"Okay, who else?" Jaquilyn was loving this.

"Jaquilyn, bringing a challenge to Venice and Cassidy. How are you feeling?"

"Bored. Somebody drop." Cassidy just smiled.

Splash.

"Venice drops! Gwe is now out of the challenge at almost eight and a half minutes. It is now down to Jaquilyn and Cassidy to see who gets the big fishing kit. Neither of them have moved since the challenge started." And it was mostly true. With the exception of a couple missteps, neither of them seemed to be going anywhere for a few minutes, and both Jaquilyn and Cassidy were doing everything they could to stay on their poles, Cassidy was trying to get herself into a happy place, where her legs weren't involuntarily making a drum beat on her pole.

"Just you and me, and I can hang on all day." Jaquilyn, on the other hand, decided to ramp up the psychological warfare.

"Come on Cass, that water looks so good."

"Is your nose itchy? Mine sure is." Cassidy replied by simply readjusting her hands on the pole, but ...

Splash.

"CASSIDY DROPS! JAQUILYN WINS REWARD FOR SHAK-TI!" Jaquilyn screamed in joy from the tenth spot as she pumped her fists and pushed herself off of her pole into the water and swam back.

A few minutes later, everyone was back on the beach as Jeff addressed them.

"Shak-Ti, it took almost eleven minutes, but you guys have a nice large fishing kit." Jaquilyn came forward with Joachim and took back the line, as well as the Hawaiian sling, mask, snorkel, and flippers to applause from the green tribe.

"Brahman, you put forth a valiant effort, and this time, your efforts have paid off in the form of fishing line." Cassidy came forward for Brahman to accept the hard-won reward for her tribe.

Jeff looked over to the two remaining tribes. Varna wasn't exactly happy, but that was mild compared to the positively downcast mood of the white tribe, which as a whole looked quite upset.

"Gwe, Varna, unfortunately, I have nothing for you. Matt, since you were first to drop, you are out of the game. I'll be back in a little while to come get you. Grab your stuff, head back to camp."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: So, first, yes, Matt Masters was eliminated from the game. He gets one going-away post in the Gwe tribe thread as well as final words. Shak-Ti wins a large fishing kit, while Brahman wins fishing line. Second, regarding the term "position" and "spot," looking from shore, the contestants would have been like this:

1 (far left): Venice
2: Matt
3: Virgil
4: Zubin
5: Douglas
6: Joachim
7: David
8: Sharon
9: Francis
10: Jaquilyn
11: Miranda
12: Kat
13: Lana
14: Cassandra
15: Cammy
16: Cassidy
17: Alice
18: Owen
19: Claire
20 (far right): R.J.

Hence, Venice in the first position was the one farthest to the left, and R.J. in the twentieth spot was the one farthest to the right.

Third, just so everyone knows, this is the order that the contestants dropped, as seen from shore, along with the exact time (the exact time being more for the giggs than anything).

Matt - 2:06 (#2 ELIMINATED)
Alice - 2:41
Owen - 2:51
Cassandra - 3:15
Francis - 3:28
Sharon - 3:29
Claire - 3:33
David - 4:07
Zubin - 4:17
Cammy - 4:32
Joachim - 4:34
R.J. - 4:44
Virgil - 5:58
Lana - 6:16
Douglas - 6:22
Miranda - 6:54
Kat - 6:58 VARNA FOURTH
Venice - 8:25 GWE THIRD
Cassidy - 10:58 BRAHMAN SECOND
Jaquilyn - LAST PERSON STANDING, SHAK-TI WINS

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Gandhi Tribe

Gwe Tribe

Shak-Ti Tribe

Varna Tribe

Brahman Tribe

umop-ap!sdn
Player

December 25th, 2012, 6:53 am #5

Hey, so since we have an official thread now, I'm thinking this is an alright place for reactions?

1st of all Aura Master Fox, many, many condolences. I was looking forward to having some boyfriend/girlfriend practice in this thread to establish how Matt and Cassidy would act, but that's out now. I was also really looking forward just to play more with your characters just cause you're fun to rp with, but now they are both out, and I deeply apologize for your early elimination in this game.