Survivor: Cambodia Mafia Fallout Thread

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

September 11th, 2016, 1:52 am #1

Well, that’s it, I guess. Here are the important things.
[+] Spoiler
Lore, you are Keith Nale

Well, shucks. You ain’t got any idea about what’s happenin’. A couple days ago yewe were flyin’ out to Kambodia to play some Survivah and next thing ya know you’re suddenly raght in the middle of these… votin bloc thingos and everyone’s coming up to yewe askin’ if yuh want to vote w’them. Really, no clue. Well, there’s one thing ya do have an idea on. Round day furteen or so your tribemates invited you into a final favh deal. It seems like yewe can trust them, so it maht be the best idea if ya join up with them.

Your loyalty to the Ta Keo 5, and by extension, The Witches’ Coven makes you the MAFIA GODFATHER. For the most part, you’re just a regular mafia goon, but your affiliation with the Bayon Alliance means that you come up as town in investigations, and your prowess at challenges means that you are immune to nightkills.

Your partners are Rorick Skyve (Kelley Wentworth, Goon), Frogue (Ciera Eastin, Cop), and backslash (Abi-Maria Gomes, goon), who you can discuss matters with here. You have daychat for the first four days of the first phase, but then can’t talk any longer. After that, though, you’ll be able to chat every night.

You win with the MAFIA when your numbers are equal with that of the town. Good luck.
[+] Spoiler
Frogue, you are CIERA EASTIN

Throughout your stint on Survivor: Blood vs Water, you certainly ruffled some feathers. You flipped from alliance to alliance, helping to give the game its second rock draw and at one point even voting out your own mother in order to show your loyalty. This gave you a respectable fifth place finish as the last of the loved ones tribe standing. Now you’re back, and this time, you’re playing to win. Although you’ve found yourself at the bottom of the tribe, you have three others who are willing to work with you, and you’re not going to give up until the people above you start playing the game.

Your scrappiness and allegiance to the Witches’ Coven makes you the MAFIA COP. Every night, you may use your power on one person, and, provided it goes through, you receive their alignment Keep in mind though that the result I give you may not entirely be truthful.

Your partners are Rorick Skyve (Kelley Wentworth, Goon), Lore (Keith Nale, Godfather), and backslash (Abi-Maria Gomes, goon), who you can discuss matters with here. You have daychat for the first four days of the first phase, but then can’t talk any longer. After that, though, you’ll be able to chat every night.

You win with the MAFIA when your numbers are equal with that of the town. Good luck.
[+] Spoiler
Rorick Skyve, you are KELLEY WENTWORTH

Playing with your dad kinda screwed you over your first time playing, and now you’re back to try and redeem yourself and show everyone that you’re certainly not the non-strategic person you were portrayed to be. You think you’ve made a pretty good headway. You have an idol, you’re not in the minority yet, and you’ve just aligned yourself with a couple of people from the original Bayon. You don’t think you’re going to go any time soon, and with your idol, they’re certainly going to have trouble taking you out.

Your scrappiness and allegiance to the Ta Keo 5 (and by extension, the Witches’ Coven) makes you the GOON. Although you are aligned with the mafia, and can use the nightkill if you wish to, you have no other powers, other than your voice and your vote.

However, you are in possession of a HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL. During a given day phase, you may choose to use the hidden immunity idol by stating your choice to do so in the thread. Once used, any votes for the person you used the idol on will no longer count, and everyone within the game is now no longer allowed to place a vote on that person. You may use this on anyone. Once used, the idol will go back into circulation. You may use the idol until the point in the game where five or less people remain.

Your partners are Frogue (Ciera Eastin, Cop), Lore (Keith Nale, Godfather), and backslash (Abi-Maria Gomes, goon), who you can discuss matters with here. You have daychat for the first four days of the first phase, but then can’t talk any longer. After that, though, you’ll be able to chat every night.

[+] Spoiler
backslash, you are ABI-MARIA GOMES

You know, when you look back on your time in the Philippines, you realise that you made a lot of mistakes. You made a lot of trouble, that was a mistake. You threw coconuts at Skupin’s head, that was a mistake. You were too blunt with Lisa… you probably shouldn’t have done that. But now you have a second chance to come back and patch those little mistakes. But you like having fun, villains have more fun. It’s so hard for you not to pull out your fangs right now, and you know the age old saying, right?

They fuck with you, they’re dead.

Your troublemaking attitude makes you the MAFIA GOON. Although you are aligned with the mafia, and can use the nightkill if you wish to, you have no other powers, other than your voice and your vote.

Your partners are Frogue (Ciera Eastin, Cop), Lore (Keith Nale, Godfather), and Rorick Skyve (Kelley Wentworth, Goon), who you can discuss matters with here. You have daychat for the first four days of the first phase, but then can’t talk any longer. After that, though, you’ll be able to chat every night.

[+] Spoiler
dmboogie, you are STEPHEN FISHBACH

So you’re looking at the team you’re on and right now you’re feeling exactly like you were last time: out of place with a tribe of guys who are not like you. It could be the same narrative as it was for you in Tocantins, where you were super out of place and then you connected with one of these people who was really in his element and you chose to go all the way to the end with him. J.T., you know, he was too amazing, he destroyed you in the end. You’re not going to make that mistake a second time. All these manly men on your tribe, it’s-- it’s your nightmare. And Joe, y’ know? He’s the golden boy, everyone loves him, and if he makes it to the end he’s going to steal the victory from you, just like J.T. did. The moment he doesn’t have immunity, you’re going to do whatever you can to get him out.

A Fishbach out of water once again, it seems.

Your fervent desire to get Joe out of the game makes you the LYNCHER. You don’t have any powers, only your voice and your vote; however, you’re not a townie, and you certainly don’t win with the town. You can only win if ToxieTheToxieAvenger (Joe Anglim, Doctor) is lynched. If he survives, or is killed by someone other than you, you lose. Once you win, the game doesn’t end, and you may choose to leave the game at will if you wish.

You win for YOURSELF once Joe Anglim is lynched. Good luck.
[+] Spoiler
[x], you are JEREMY COLLINS

When you played last time, your mind wasn’t focused enough. You didn’t keep check on the people under you and you got blindsided because of it. Went home, took it hard, but now you’re back and you’re looking for some redemption. Make better bonds with people, go through the whole thing again, and maybe make it out at the end a million dollars richer. It’s for Val, y’know? You love her and you care about her and at this point you need the money for her more than you need it for you. It’s emotional, y’know? So you’re out here, heart on your sleeve and willing to find and fix your mistakes for her sake. You know you need to make more connections, and you think you know where to start.

This desire to make more social connections makes you the MASON RECRUITER. Every night, you may choose someone to use your power on. Provided it goes through, you will then become masons with that person, with me making a quicktopic for both of you. Although you may only use this power once a night, there is no upper limit for how many people you can be a mason with.

In addition to this, you are in possession of a HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL. During a given day phase, you may choose to use the hidden immunity idol by stating your choice to do so in the thread. Once used, any votes for the person you used the idol on will no longer count, and everyone within the game is now no longer allowed to place a vote on that person. You may use this on anyone. Once used, the idol will go back into circulation. You may use the idol until the point in the game where five or less people remain.

You win with the TOWN once every member of the mafia team is dead. Good luck.
[+] Spoiler
Bikriki, you are ANDREW SAVAGE

Morals. Values. Loyalty. Dignity. Courage. Those are the principles that you live your life by. And believe me, you’re living the dream at the moment. A perfect wife. Two amazing daughters. A great job. There’s nothing you regret, except for one thing. Pearl Islands. Your exit has haunted you, even twelve years after the fact. So now you’re out here, trying to prove to yourself that you didn’t let everyone down. Unfortunately, there are certain people out here who can’t be trusted. Incredible Liars. Professionals. People who you put your trust in before they stabbed you in the back. ____ them, pieces of ____. You know who they are, and if you gotta be that wimpy-non leader type of person - the very antithesis of you - in order to get back to your Bayon brothers to rat them out, then so be it.

This makes you the DETECTIVE. Every night, you may select a person to use their power on, and, provided it goes through, you will get their alignment. Keep in mind that your results might not entirely be truthful, though.

[+] Spoiler
ToxieTheToxicAvenger, you are JOE ANGLIM.

Last time you played, you didn’t do so well. People saw you as a challenge threat and as soon as the merge hit then you were in a minority. Kinda sucks, especially given you weren’t able to make it to the family visit. Because that’s your dream, y’know? Both you and your dad love Survivor and you wanted to repay him by getting him onto the show. You now have your second chance, though, and although your strategy of winning lots of challenges might not have changed, you just want to get to the point where you’re able to see your dad appear.

Your ability to win immunity challenges makes you the DOCTOR. Every night, you may select a person to use your power on, and, provided it goes through, you may protect them from any attempts to kill them during the night.

[+] Spoiler
decoy73, you are SPENCER BLEDSOE

Last time you were out here, you didn’t do so well socially. You were hotheaded and arrogant. You found yourself on the bottom and struggled to make it to 4th place. Spencerbot, they called you. Now that you’re back out here, though, you’ve figured out a way to get yourself further and hopefully pull out a win this time. You need to develop more emotions, have more one on one conversations within three days than you had in all of Cagayan. If you can get that down, and provided that luck is on your side, the new Spencerbot 2.0 might be able to make his way to a win.

Your developing emotions, and your ability to tell whether someone is lying or not makes you the TRACKER. Every night, you may select a person to use your power on, and, provided it goes through, you may see who else they used a power on, provided that they use one themselves.

[+] Spoiler
[x], you are JEFF VARNER

This second chance means everything in the world to you. Back in 2000, you jumped off a pole in the Australian Outback for peanut butter and ended up giving away a million dollars when you did it. Having to replay that history, having to relive the memory over and over again really does a number on you. But now that you’re out here playing Survivor this is the opportunity to rewrite your own story. You’re more mature, you’re a lot smarter and you’re not going to jump off of anything for peanut butter this time.

Although you ended up not lasting long, your determination and your all-out strategy makes you a BULLETPROOF TOWNIE. Although you have no active powers other than your voice and your vote, you have the capability to survive the first attempt at your life. This power will not take effect if you are lynched by town.

[+] Spoiler
[x], you are a TOWNIE. While you do have a flavour name, you weren’t significant enough to the season to warrant knowing it. You don’t have any powers, only your voice and your vote.

And, as a little bonus…
[+] Spoiler
[x], you are KASS MCQUILLEN.

We all have a little bit of the devil inside of us.

Take you, for example. People look at you and say stuff like “oh don’t worry, she’s the mom, she’s not going to hurt anyone.” Little do they know that you’re more cunning and ruthless than 95% of the population. “Chaos Kass,” they called you, and it was a well deserved nickname; given your constant flipping, snarky confessionals, and even flipping off Trish when you voted her off. As much as you like it, though, you’re aware that people know what you do now, so you’re going to lay low for a bit. Be nice. “Kumbaya Kass” sounds like a good enough nickname for now. But when that merge hits, you know that all hell is going to break loose.

Unfortunately, your ultimate result after making it to the merge makes you a simple TOWNIE. You have no powers except for your voice and your vote.

You win with TOWN once every member of the mafia team is dead. Good luck.

((NOTE NOT IN PM: Actually, Kass would have been an unknowing miller. All detective results on her would have come up as her being in the mafia team.))
Deadchat.
Mafia Chat
Mason Chat

i just want to create mafias that are good and active at the same time guys
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 11th, 2016, 8:40 am #2

Good game everyone, and thank you mod for your time.

Honestly, I think this was a pretty cool game for the most part, despite the disappointing finish - the twist was in the lynch mechanics rather than the roles, and while it was a subtle difference, I think it worked out really well in the end.

I do think there were some broken elements - the permanent double vote, and the immunity idol made LyLo a potential instant loss for the Town. They were not bad mechanics, but stuff like that should be kept from instantly deciding end game. Some swingy elements are okay, just not so much that a worst case scenario screws over everyone. Just my 02.

I had an absolute blast this game, and as Frogue can confirm, I'm feeling a bit smug now, since Lore and Rorick were my next top two. (Granted, the dueling roleclaims should have been a massive red flag.)

Murder, it was an absolute pleasure working with you, and I'm looking forward to stabbing you in the back next time, or vice-versa.

Frogue, Backslash, well played both of you. You guys were a strong team, and it was hard as heck to salvage things with how you were playing the Town.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 11th, 2016, 8:42 am #3

MurderWeasel wrote:Gonna recuit Vyse immediately, for the record--way too big a nuisance to do anything else.
Frogue wrote:Also yes, 10,000% re the vyse recruitment. He seems towny enough so far, though it's always a pain to tell with him.
Murder wrote:Yeah, pretty sure Vyse is town but never 100% sure; my plan is to recruit him and then high-pressure grill him tomorrow such that he either paints himself into a corner in a hurry or is basically confirmed. Can abuse the daytalk to make this work.
This exchange made my day, and I'm so sorry I never got to see that hot seat grilling. ;P
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Leaf
Player

September 11th, 2016, 1:31 pm #4

"i just want to create mafias that are good and active at the same time guys :("

one day yugi, one day.
[+] Spoiler
Born underneath a Canadian sky to parents who were quite possibly mounties, Lore roamed the wild unknowns of Quebec, becoming a kickass gamer girl and a sassy action lady. She has both fought a beaver to the death and won several arguments on instagram. Scientists have struggled for years to figure out which is sharper - her wit or Valyrian steel. She is most known outside of SOTF for her portrayal of Yuno Gasai in the anime series The Future Diaries, which she shot for 43 days on-location. She still has the pink hair dye.

Primrosette
Winner

September 11th, 2016, 2:27 pm #5

I think I would have enjoyed this more if people wouldn't have been very inactive. Oh well, it was okayish for the most part. It's just a shame that it wasn't finished in the right way.
Their Time Is gone wrote:
[+] Spoiler
V6
B030 - Brendan Harte: "F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."
G014 - Scarlett McAfee: "I always liked you, y-you know...?"
G044 - Maria Cucinotta (Adopted): "Hah..."
[+] Spoiler
Emmett Bunnell: Artistic Loner
Violet Quinn: Quiet Goth

[+] Spoiler
Travis Levenson: 'Me? Nice? Please! You're being delusional...'
Tia Sullivan: 'This is a complete waste of my time....'
Molly Doe: 'Why don't we just get with the party lovers and have a crazy, wild experience?'
Ravan Sharpe: 'Uh.... H-Hi.'

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

September 11th, 2016, 6:00 pm #6

I had lots of fun! Tragically, version starts often kill games off. I've not run all the balance thoughts yet, but there was a nice mix of unusual stuff in play and nothing seemed too crazy at a glance. I had fun with my role, and had a nice time with Frogue even though my only recruit was trying to backstab me.

Vyse, the plan there was (if I'm remembering right--it's been a bit) to basically partial-claim, trot out a bunch of logic on why I can't be scum, then demand a fullclaim in return. Any hesitation would result in my explaining my other recruit and a partially-accurate overview of their powers (of note: this was before I'd fully figured Frogue out). Basically, I had "I'm a Mason Recruiter with undisclosed immunities and a cop in my back pocket, claim now," as my plan and was then gonna take whatever claim came and figure out based on other evidence/play if it was true or not. It's a bit more complicated, and got jettisoned basically as soon as you started in on Backslash because that let me see where you stood pretty easily in itself.

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 12th, 2016, 12:16 am #7

Yeah, I love that we can still work together, despite being so mutually paranoid at this point.

Frogue, I expect you to be scumbuddies with me next time I draw a scum PM.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None