Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Mafia Fallout Thread

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 9:57 am #1

This is more a placeholder than anything else, but feel free to talk about the game here. Role PMs + my fuckups will be here later.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 10:08 am #2

After how this game went I'm not sure I ever want to play Mafia again.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 2:56 pm #3

Give a normal game a shot.

I've already given Yugi input about where I thought the game went awry, which was... lots of places. I'd kinda like to see exactly what happened each night. Could salvage this mess for me, could confirm all my worst suspicions and fears.

I would have been happier if I stayed alive for another day or so, maybe pressed the advantage against Unpy, but Vyse made it all work out in the end. Either way, our performances fooled everybody else so...

Yay. Chalk up another win for me under an exceedingly difficult win condition.
[+] Spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] Spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] Spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 4:16 pm #4

Yeah, this game went pretty much as I expected there at the end. I feel like we would have been looking at a very different game if one of two things had happened: 1) Less inactivity. Scum shaved a whole day off their win condition just through inactive kills. 2) Forcing Vyse's full claim. I have a pretty good feeling that if Vyse claimed JOAT, as planned to, that would have been near instant death. Ime already claimed JOAT during her lynch push and TBH never counter-claimed, so that claim coming from his spot would look suspicious as all hell.

The ending really highlights the concerns I've expressed in deadchat about Cops. Once a Cop is revealed, the game basically becomes "Follow the Cop," and the town either protects the cop and receives correct results and wins, or the cop becomes roleblocked/killed/etc. or starts providing false results for one reason or another, and then the town loses or at the very least is put at a significant disadvantage through one or more mislynches.

The use of the Traitor role was also really problematic from a game design perspective. From what Kilmarnock has described of his role conditions, it has no idea who the Mafia is, it has no kill, it is instantly outed in both alignment and role to the cop, and it actually counts for the town rather than the Mafia in numbers win conditions despite winning with the Mafia. That is the least fun role I have ever heard of. Counting it among scum for game balance is even questionable, there's just so much that can wrong there with no benefit to the scum. I'm assuming this is meant to counterbalance the fact that scum have two power roles in their three known member set-up, but the problem for me is that the scum power is all somewhat repetitive, at least from the way I understand it. It's mostly wrapped up in alignment screwiness, which makes the options for the scum-team somewhat one-note without a lot of diversity of strategy. One thing worth noting is that this is the kind of game where scum pulling a cop gambit would have been entirely possible, due to Ime's role functioning as a Role Cop of sorts. Once you've sorted out within reasonable doubt that there's no cop(which, given how many townies we had claim, would not have been difficult by that stage in the game: 6 people claim townie, only one of which claims out outlier in having flavor, confirming the rest, plus four people who haven't claimed dead, plus three known scum members, plus three nights of power usage, equals 15 members of the game completely sorted and one extra who has claimed but does not fit into the other claims. At that point, you're fairly close to guaranteeing there's no cop as well as holding pretty much the entire game in your hand), a cop gambit for the win would be fairly easy.

I don't mean to imply that scum was in anyway underpowered, as the above example shows. Just that the balance of the game was very strange. I think it might have actually been decidedly in scum favor, but with two roles that have never been seen in SotF before being given to two players who have never played scum before, one of whom to my knowledge has never played mafia before at all, it was just too bizarre to use effectively. This game was "weird" without being overtly weird: The town roles were actually pretty standard, if underpowered since it at least seems like the only town power roles at all were Cop, Medium, and Bodyguard. That's...well below even standard levels of power, not even taking into account that scum have two power roles of their own.

Weird game. Wasn't really feeling it either time I stepped in. Shit happens though.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

Un-Persona
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 4:17 pm #5

Well that wasn't fun.
V7 relationship thread! Say hi to my kids!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ & ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
V7 - ❤ ❤ ❤ - PV3 - {❤} ❤ ❤ - TV3 - ❤ ❤ - V8 - ❤ ❤ ❤
[+] Spoiler
21:33RattlesnakeIf you can't ninja roll the solution is to get naked until you can ninja roll

Justice for Natali - Today at 4:21 PM
Your adorable face will not save you from the long dick of the law

Gianni - Today at 8:05 PM
Sometimes the big tru tru different than the small tru tru

Flare
Contender

July 28th, 2015, 4:44 pm #6

WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL VYSE
V5 Characters:

Jack McDonald is a SELF-INSERT YAY.

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 4:50 pm #7

Flavour was obnoxious, roles were confusing and arbitrary, I think week long phases are way too long, and seriously, why bring dead people back instead of getting players from outside the game?
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

July 28th, 2015, 5:17 pm #8

Flare wrote:WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL VYSE
Because I'm an idiot.

[+] Spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 5:52 pm #9

I'd quite like to see dead chat. That's always fun.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 28th, 2015, 5:53 pm #10

DuckyB wrote:The use of the Traitor role was also really problematic from a game design perspective. From what Kilmarnock has described of his role conditions, it has no idea who the Mafia is, it has no kill, it is instantly outed in both alignment and role to the cop, and it actually counts for the town rather than the Mafia in numbers win conditions despite winning with the Mafia.
I'm 95% sure that the role was either incorrectly explained, oddly implemented, or a misdirection by Ricky. Typical traitor is just a scum member who's detached from the normal crew, which is a bit of a power damper but has pretty clear play and win conditions.

My thoughts to follow when I'm not in a rush! There were some pieces of game design that were really good IMO, some that had issues, and some that I'll need the role setup to know for sure.

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 6:23 pm #11

MurderWeasel wrote:
DuckyB wrote:The use of the Traitor role was also really problematic from a game design perspective. From what Kilmarnock has described of his role conditions, it has no idea who the Mafia is, it has no kill, it is instantly outed in both alignment and role to the cop, and it actually counts for the town rather than the Mafia in numbers win conditions despite winning with the Mafia.
I'm 95% sure that the role was either incorrectly explained, oddly implemented, or a misdirection by Ricky. Typical traitor is just a scum member who's detached from the normal crew, which is a bit of a power damper but has pretty clear play and win conditions.

My thoughts to follow when I'm not in a rush! There were some pieces of game design that were really good IMO, some that had issues, and some that I'll need the role setup to know for sure.
I'm aware of how it's typically played, I'm just going off of how he described it in Deadchat.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 6:55 pm #12

So, first off, here's the Scumchat & the Deadthread

Thoughts to follow shortly. There were definitely some awkward moments & major balance issues, but there was some good stuff in here too, I feel.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 7:08 pm #13

The Burned Handler wrote:After how this game went I'm not sure I ever want to play Mafia again.
This was an awkward game in many respects, pal. While there was some interesting stuff, ultimately, there wasn't a lot of synergy between roles, leading to a massive imbalance in favor of scum, and general confusion. (Though I think Town could have easily avoided some of the worse effects by not sitting around chatting about the Green-scum flavored kill for three days when all we could do was shrug our shoulders & put a pin in it.)

I recommend trying again. The reason I was on you so hard was because you were doing some things I've seen scum do before, when trying to appear super Townie - I think, with a bit of practice, you could get the hang of the game & be really, really good at it. Give it a simpler, more balanced game, and I think you'll do well.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

July 28th, 2015, 7:12 pm #14

That has nothing to do with my lack of desire to ever play again. That's due to a combination of the sheer incompetence of this game, and a bunch of bad shit happening IRL at the same time. Quite honestly the impression I've been left with is Mafia simply isn't fun.
[+] Spoiler

Winner
Winner

July 28th, 2015, 7:14 pm #15

I feel bad for going inactive and my inactive kill being responsible for the town loss :C

I liked the fluff announcements, as they were entertaining, although I've never played Dangan Ronpa. Though some stuff was confusing and the dead player replacing active player thing seems a bit weird for me, because it made it harder to read. But in the end it turned out well.

Also, next time I should post more >.<

I told myself "I'm gonna post tomorrow" and then a lynch was decided. Sorry :c