SansaSaver
Player

September 13th, 2016, 6:16 am #11

Bridgette kept away from him and Keith, and Joshua couldn’t blame her. Their interaction had already been thick with uncertainty, but the addition of Keith – whom Joshua was ashamed to say he didn’t really know all too well, all things considered – and his distressing behaviour could throw them into any manner of situations.

Keith began to shake, his hands tightening together like a vice as tears stained his cheeks. A muttering of curse words broke the silence, followed by a much louder cry. His words cut through the air like knives, each of them causing Joshua to inwardly flinch and send a surge of ache into his heart.

It hurt to see a classmate in such pain.

Not wishing to potentially distress Keith further through his sheer presence, Joshua opened the distance between them, backing away so that he, Keith, and Bridgette formed a haphazard triangle. As he did so, he realised that he had to take a stance now. To fully commit himself to the role he knew he needed to take from the moment he’d awoken, by vocalising it for them all to hear.

“We are not going to die. I’m going to make sure of it.”

As the words left his lips, Joshua realised he’d never been more sure of anything in his life.
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel
G026 ? Hazel Jung ? Adopted by Ruggahissy
B027 ? Oskar Pearce ? Adopted by NAFT

Aloha
Contender

September 13th, 2016, 10:45 pm #12

Keith wasn’t saying anything new. Everyone else in this predicament was probably thinking the same exact thing. She could understand why he was making a big deal about it, but he was getting her needlessly stressed over such a concrete fact.

But maybe it wasn’t as concrete as she thought. Joshua said otherwise, declaring that they weren’t going to die. She wasn’t sure if he was delusional or just lying. Everybody was going to die: all but one of their classmates. Sure, there was a rescue in 2008, but those people didn’t return the next time around. She doubted that those mysterious rescuers would return after seven years of inactivity. Bridgette and her classmates were all dead men walking.

“How are you gonna make sure of that?” Bridgette huffed, turning to Joshua. She’d understand if it was just said to calm Keith down, but he sounded so sure of himself. A part of her was curious, to see if he actually had a plan.

Bridgette doubted that he did.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

Courtography
Leader

September 14th, 2016, 5:06 pm #13

Keith wanted to believe what Joshua said, that they wouldn't die, that things would turn out fine. It was a reassuring idea, but he didn't know how they could do it. He knew that people had escaped at some point, but he didn't remember how they had managed it, or how long it had taken for them to figure out how.

The girl dispelled the little bit of reassurance that Joshua had given Keith. She sounded kinda angry, and it made Keith a little angry too.

"Hey we could manage it, you don't know."

Joshua had introduced the idea that they wouldn't die, and Keith really wanted to believe that. He needed to.

Aloha
Contender

September 25th, 2016, 5:38 pm #14

“Manage what

What could Joshua possibly have planned? He was smart, but so was Bridgette, and tons of the other kidnapped kids. In the end, all three of them wanted the same thing: to survive. But unlike Keith and Joshua, she knew that there was only one way out of here.

“Whatever it is, It’s not gonna work,” she sighed, stepping forward. “It’s hopeless.” She brushed past Keith as she entered the hallway. She didn’t want to be around when their half-baked plan failed.

((Bridgette Sommerfeld continued elsewhere))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

Ciel
Mr. Danya

September 27th, 2016, 4:17 am #15

Joshua's shoulders slumped as Bridgette walked onto into the hallway and out of sight. He could feel a tremor in his fingers. He dug them into his hair, raked the dirty locks out of his face.

A frown dotted his lips. He glanced around at his surroundings.

"... Forget about her, Keith," Joshua said, "she'll come around eventually. Let's just find some place to settle."

Joshua wavered. For only a second. He'd never admit it out loud though. Not to Keith, of all people.

(Joshua Bracewell continued in Helvetica Standard.)

Courtography
Leader

September 27th, 2016, 4:49 am #16

Keith flinched at the response.

"Manage to escape," he muttered after she had left. Of course it could work, why couldn't it work. It had worked before hadn't it?

"Bitch."

He was surprised to say it, he rarely called anyone bitches, but well, come on. This time it was a fair thing to say.

In faux-casualness he responded, "Yeah yeah, man, I know, just, what's her deal?"

He had to keep going. They'd figure it out.

(Keith Bauer continued in Helvetica Standard)