Star Wars Mafia: Fallout Thread

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 13th, 2015, 6:55 am #1

Heya, folks! That's a wrap. I'm going to go ahead and post the role PMs first; these are a bit messy because I did a final edit in-PM-window and didn't save those versions. These are probably 95% what got sent.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

There's no misleading you as to the location of the Rebel base! You have things under control, and your moment of triumph is at hand. You are Grand Moff Tarkin and due to your sharp thinking and total access to Imperial personnel records, you are the town cop. Every night, you may send me the name of one player to investigate. You will then be told whether they are TOWN or SCUM

You win with the town, when the rebel intruders have been eliminated.
[+] Spoiler

You sense a presence, one you have not felt in a long time. Better go snuff it out. You are Darth Vader, and if there are a few Imperial casualties along the way, well, so it goes. You've never care too much about the lives of your subordinates, and that makes you the town vigilante. During the night phase, you may send me a player to target for a nightkill. Unfortunately, Grand Moff Tarkin won't let you kill everyone in your path, so you only have four shots during the game. Best make sure they count!

[+] Spoiler

Who are all those guys? You! Well, not really; they're from The Empire Strikes Back, but you get the idea. You are Imperial Officers[/i] and your wide range of experiences and abilities makes you the town Jack of all Trades. You have the following actions, usable once each during the game: a nightkill, a protection, a roleblock, and an investigation. You may use only one ability each night. Your nightkill will eliminate your target. Your protection will defend your target against standard elimination. Your investigation will let you know whether your target is TOWN or SCUM. Your roleblock will prevent your target from taking their night action, if any. However, they will be notified of this, whether they have a night action or not, through the following PM:

wrote:Last night you were roleblocked; your action, if you had one, did not occur, and any charges if it was a limited-use ability were not expended. The roleblocker is aware that you have received this message.

[+] Spoiler

Where did those Rebels go? You were looking around their ship, but then they got the drop on you. Well, you know what they say: if at first you don't succeed... Anyhow, you are the Scanning Crew and your array of fancy equipment for detecting Rebels makes you the town tracker. Every night, you may send me a player to follow. You will then receive a list of all the people they target with night actions, though what sort of action or its success will not be revealed to you. If your target is roleblocked, you will receive a result of their having not targeted anyone; after all, their action was cut off before it could really occur.

[+] Spoiler

You're a legitimate medical device! Well, okay, maybe not, but you at least can dispense medication, and that's the closest we're getting to the flavor of this role without dipping into the Expanded Universe. You are the Interrogation Droid and you are the town doctor. Every night, you may send me a PM naming a player to protect, and they will be protected from normal nightkills that night. If they are targeted by a limited-use nightkill, that kill will still be expended.

As a soulless tool of the Empire, you win with the town, when the rebel intruders have been eliminated.
[+] Spoiler

There's no real witty way of saying this: you're the horrible monster from the trash compactor. You are the Dianoga, and your tendency to constrict and attempt to eat everyone/thing that passes through your lair makes you the town roleblocker. Every night, you may block a single player, who will be unable to perform any actions. However, they will be notified of this, whether they have a night action or not, through the following PM:
wrote:Last night you were roleblocked; your action, if you had one, did not occur, and any charges if it was a limited-use ability were not expended. The roleblocker is aware that you have received this message.
You win with the town, when the rebel intruders have been eliminated. After all, it wouldn't do to see your feeding grounds get blown up.
[+] Spoiler

One among many, proudly serving the Empire in your shiny white armor, you are a Stormtrooper Unfortunately for you, you and your brothers in arms are bit players in the larger drama going on within the Death Star, and you are therefore merely a townie. You have no special actions or abilities; your only power is your vote. You win with the town, when the rebel intruders have been eliminated.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Yeehaw! You are Han Solo, and you are a mafia goon. As the hot-head of the crew, you hold initial responsibility for the nightkill, and may send me the name of one player each night to target for elimination. The order of kill inheritance is Han Solo > Luke Skywalker > Chewbacca > Obi-Wan Kenobi > R2-D2 and C-3PO. If ever the designated killer is roleblocked, the mafia way choose to have the next surviving member in priority perform the night kill the following night; if that choice is made, the designated killer should send a PM to me to confirm it.

You win with mafia, when all who oppose you are eliminated; in practice, this means that if you hold a majority that cannot be overcome through town power roles, you will instantly win. During every night phase, you may converse with your allies in this QuickTopic. The mafia faction consists of goons Han Solo (NotAFlyingToy) and Luke Skywalker (Fenris), Strongman Chewbacca (Espi), Godfather Obi-Wan Kenobi (VysePresident), and Roleblocker R2-D2 and C-3PO (Deamon). Finally, you have captured some information about the makeup of the Death Star. Due to its nature, the number of unique characters is quite low. You are aware that there are a number of Stormtroopers among the defenders, but no Tie Fighter Pilots or Admiral Motti (which is to say, these are some safe claims for you, though there will be other people with the Stormtrooper role if you choose to claim it).
[+] Spoiler

May the Force be with you! You are Luke Skywaler and you are a mafia goon. As an inexperienced Jedi, you have no special powers or abilities, though you are next in line to inherit the nightkill. The order of kill inheritance is Han Solo > Luke Skywalker > Chewbacca > Obi-Wan Kenobi > R2-D2 and C-3PO. If ever the designated killer is roleblocked, the mafia way choose to have the next surviving member in priority perform the night kill the following night; if that choice is made, the designated killer should send a PM to me to confirm it.

You win with mafia, when all who oppose you are eliminated; in practice, this means that if you hold a majority that cannot be overcome through town power roles, you will instantly win. During every night phase, you may converse with your allies in this QuickTopic. The mafia faction consists of goons Han Solo (NotAFlyingToy) and Luke Skywalker (Fenris), Strongman Chewbacca (Espi), Godfather Obi-Wan Kenobi (VysePresident), and Roleblocker R2-D2 and C-3PO (Deamon). Finally, you have captured some information about the makeup of the Death Star. Due to its nature, the number of unique characters is quite low. You are aware that there are a number of Stormtroopers among the defenders, but no Tie Fighter Pilots or Admiral Motti (which is to say, these are some safe claims for you, though there will be other people with the Stormtrooper role if you choose to claim it).
[+] Spoiler

A thousand voices cried out at once, before suddenly being silenced. It's up to you to do something about that. You are Obi-Wan Kenobi and you are the mafia godfather. In addition to your standard ability to collaborate with your fellow scum members, you are an experienced enough Force-user to mask your presence and hold your own in fights, and as such you are immune to night kills and investigations.

The order of kill inheritance is Han Solo > Luke Skywalker > Chewbacca > Obi-Wan Kenobi > R2-D2 and C-3PO. If ever the designated killer is roleblocked, the mafia way choose to have the next surviving member in priority perform the night kill the following night; if that choice is made, the designated killer should send a PM to me to confirm it.

[+] Spoiler

Oh dear! You are R2-D2 and C-3PO, and you are the mafia roleblocker. In addition to your standard ability to collaborate with your fellow scum members, your position with one of the Death Star's control rooms allows you to misdirect or isolate those who would oppose your mission. Every night, you may block a single player, who will be unable to perform any actions. However, they will be notified of this, whether they have a night action or not, through the following PM:
The order of kill inheritance is Han Solo > Luke Skywalker > Chewbacca > Obi-Wan Kenobi > R2-D2 and C-3PO. If ever the designated killer is roleblocked, the mafia way choose to have the next surviving member in priority perform the night kill the following night; if that choice is made, the designated killer should send a PM to me to confirm it.

[+] Spoiler

RRRAAARRRGGHHH! You are Chewbacca, and you are the mafia strongman! In addition to your standard ability to collaborate with your fellow scum members, your Wookiee rage and strength are such that you have a one-shot unblockable nightkill (that is to say, it pierces roleblocking and protection). It's up to you when to use it; if you are eliminated before you do, it is not transferred.

Next up, we have the night actions:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Han Solo (Goon) [NotAFlyingToy] KILL VOLTTURTLE (Protected by RC)
Chewbacca (Strongman) [Espi] NONE TAKEN
Droids (Roleblocker) [Deamon] NONE TAKEN
Darth Vader (Vigilante) [VoltTurtle] NONE TAKEN
Grand Moff Tarkin (Cop) [D/N] INVESTIGATE IMEHAL (TOWN)
Dianoga (Roleblocker) [Un-Persona] BLOCK DMBOOGIE
Torture Droid (Doctor) [RemoteControl] PROTECT VOLTTURTLE
Scanning Crew (Tracker) [Yugikun] TRACK RC (Result: VoltTurtle targeted by RC)
Imperial Officers (JOAT) [Bowser] PROTECT DOC (changed from investigate Fenris)
[+] Spoiler
Han Solo (Goon) [NotAFlyingToy] KILL SIEGE PERILOUS
Chewbacca (Strongman) [Espi] KILL CAKE (single shot used)
Droids (Roleblocker) [Deamon] BLOCK SLAM <BLOCKED>
Darth Vader (Vigilante) [VoltTurtle] KILL DEAMON
Grand Moff Tarkin (Cop) [D/N] INVESTIGATE SLAM (TOWN)
Dianoga (Roleblocker) [Un-Persona] BLOCK DEAMON
Scanning Crew (Tracker) [Yugikun] TRACK UN-PERSONA (Targeting Deamon)
Imperial Officers (JOAT) [Bowser] INVESTIGATE IMEHAL (TOWN)
[+] Spoiler
Han Solo (Goon) [NotAFlyingToy] KILL DOC
Darth Vader (Vigilante) [VoltTurtle] KILL DMBOOGIE
Grand Moff Tarkin (Cop) [D/N] INVESTIGATE NAFT (SCUM)
Dianoga (Roleblocker) [Un-Persona] BLOCK SLAM
Scanning Crew (Tracker) [Yugikun] TRACK SLAM (Targeting nobody)
Imperial Officers (JOAT) [Bowser] BLOCK SLAM [Changed from D/N]
[+] Spoiler
Luke Skywalker (Goon) [Fenris] KILL D/N <BLOCKED>
Darth Vader (Vigilante) [VoltTurtle] KILL FENRIS
Grand Moff Tarkin (Cop) [D/N] NONE TAKEN
Dianoga (Roleblocker) [Un-Persona] BLOCK FENRIS
Scanning Crew (Tracker) [Yugikun] TRACK FENRIS (Targeting nobody)
Imperial Officers (JOAT) [Bowser] NONE TAKEN
I have noted amusing cases of actions being changed--the game would have turned out very differently had some of the power roles not reconsidered their choices.

Also:
Mafia Quicktopic
Dead Chat

I'll add thoughts on the setup in a bit when I'm more cogent; it'll be clear already that this game was a bit unusual for SOTF in being super vanilla. This, plus some really solid play by town PRs, led to a very snowbally game.

Bowser
Survivor

March 13th, 2015, 6:59 am #2

Wow I screwed up badly on Night 1 lmao.

Anyway this was fun! Gg everyone!

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 7:12 am #3

Aww yeah, got fenris correct
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 7:19 am #4

GG Town, thanks for the game mod!

Well, that was interesting. Nice shot, Turtle! You were pretty darn on-point this game, particularly after RC's claim. Likewise to D/N, Doc, Psych, and the rest of the crew.

Oh, and I want to give a shoutout to a seriously underestimated RC for nailing half the scumteam when the rest of Town was all over the place. Well played, sir!

Good job scumside, too. I know things ended up snowballling hard, but there were some pretty good plays there too.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

March 13th, 2015, 7:21 am #5

Also, special MVP award goes to D/N for sending all of his night action PMs in character.

Bowser
Survivor

March 13th, 2015, 7:22 am #6

VysePresident wrote:Oh, and I want to give a shoutout to a seriously underestimated RC for nailing half the scumteam when the rest of Town was all over the place. Well played, sir!
Yeah... That reminds me. Sorry for getting you lynched RC I really screwed the pooch there bad.

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 7:22 am #7

MurderWeasel wrote:Imperial Officers (JOAT) [Bowser] BLOCK SLAM [Changed from D/N]
Dangit, Bowser.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Bowser
Survivor

March 13th, 2015, 7:23 am #8

VysePresident wrote:
MurderWeasel wrote:Imperial Officers (JOAT) [Bowser] BLOCK SLAM [Changed from D/N]
Dangit, Bowser.
Oh my god I totally forgot I changed that I'm laughing so hard right now.

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 7:24 am #9

Oh, and by the way, apparently it actually was a Townie who vetoed the deadline extension. I wanted those two days so badly, too.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 9:08 am #10

MurderWeasel wrote:Also, special MVP award goes to D/N for sending all of his night action PMs in character.
I don't suppose we can see this, pretty please?

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

March 13th, 2015, 9:13 am #11

Finally a fair and square town win since survivor mafia. I had nothing to do with it, congratulations guys/girls. :]

Side thought: I had been quietly suspecting that VP had the ability to continue speaking and giving sagely advice about their gameplay/strategy, to the rebels as a force ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi, through a day chat qt, which I hypothesized as a possibility because scum were the good guy rebels of star wars. Fortunately, it wasn't the case, because I don't really like mafia-day-chat + a player like VP with that sort of power would be killer.

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 9:15 am #12

Heh, you don't know how much I wanted to.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

March 13th, 2015, 9:19 am #13

VysePresident wrote:
MurderWeasel wrote:Also, special MVP award goes to D/N for sending all of his night action PMs in character.
I don't suppose we can see this, pretty please?
Nice. I always love when people act in character as their mafia character role in QTs and stuff like that. It amuses me.

General Goose
Winner

March 13th, 2015, 9:29 am #14

Damn, that scum team looks quite good on paper. And yet it was a pretty one-sided game.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 10:11 am #15

For what my opinion's worth, I think the problem was we ended up being a pretty dysfunctional team early on, completely by accident, and then got a bit too greedy afterwards. A lot of the distancing & stuff actually helped to draw Town's attention & pressure towards us, and things just went to heck from there. (It wasn't just me. Espi kinda got caught up in the mess too, along with Deamon, and that I feel that ended up leaving us in a tricky spot.)

Just my 0.2. I'm obviously biased, but I still enjoyed the game for the most part, and I look forward to playing you guys again sometime soon.

I'd also love to be on a team with you guys again. I've been wanting to plot with Naft for some time, and the whole group was pretty cool. I just think we got off to a weak start and couldn't quite get back on track.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None