Winner
Winner

June 7th, 2017, 10:21 pm #41

I'm German :p

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

June 7th, 2017, 10:41 pm #42

CBP: I side with staff's decision. I can't really elaborate in this thread because my personal feelings regarding the people most vocal in this thread are very negative and I don't trust myself not to say something inappropriate or get too emotional.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Winner
Winner

June 7th, 2017, 11:11 pm #43

Last thing before I sleep:

1. re: my behaviour. I've been addressed in this thread that I'm kinda perceived at aggressive or so. I give my thoughts on this topic, and yes, while I've not been involved in this issue and therefore I shouldn't throw as many 2 cents in this topic as I do, Toben has posted this in a public forum for discussion, not to a private PM. So I can give my thoughts on it.

2. my actual opinion on this: I've never stated to be pro or contra to the staff handling of stuff. I've been upset, because of the end of two great character's stories (I want to read BartToons stuff). I never stated my opinion, because I think it doesn't matter, because I have zero influence of the outcome and just want to wait to see how it works out. Here are my personal thoughts on this issue anyway, so you don't misunderstand me and don't think I'm like 'FUCK STAFF THEY FUCKED EVERYTHING UP'.

My brain said to Steve and Scout: Well, missed the deadline, too bad, actually they both must be gone. They did not post punctually, they fucked up, of course they should not be allowed to continue posting with Steve and Scout, because you can't make exceptions, except if they had super important reasons which they apparently don't have to my knowledge (they might have had, but it's none of my business so I don't care for the reasons why they posted so late).

My heart said: It's a fucking roleplay site. It's explicitly stated in the rules that rule number 1 is having fun. And I take that serious, and I don't perceive it as a dumb rule made by Megami/Kaishi to make this site look more fun than it is. And yes, we can be super strict and handle things as if we have to be exact and all that and look like a super strict, professional, robotic site. But it's about the fun. Was it that terrible that we had 107 instead of 106 students in V6? Not for me, I liked reading Steve. Would it be that terrible to read more of Scout and Clarice? Not for me, I enjoyed it. Both Steve and Scout have had good reasons to continue, using the given opportunities to continue writing their stories is absolutely okay for me, because it does no harm to any other handler on this site and it's profit for everyone. It's not like Ciel posted slow to break the rules, in fact Jeff seems super keen on continue writing, and even wrote a post after an appeal by staff. He seems invested in this conflict and hopes dearly for a hope of continuing writing in V6. Was it his fault he's out? Perhaps, yeah. Was he given a chance to continue writing? That too. And personally I hope for Jeff, as I would have hoped for any other handler on SOTF that they can have the chance to continue writing their characters.

Would that be my opinion if I was staff? Nope. But it's my opinion as a reader of V6 and I have my rights to not try to be professional, but personal on this. I'm 100% biased, because I like Rattle's and Jeff's writing, which has more priority over rules for me. And even if someone I really disliked would have been given the opportunity to continue writing after going inactive, writing an appeal and getting it approved, I'd be fine with them continue writing SOTF unless like they went inactive for evil reasons or I dunno it's late. I view SOTF more as a story than a roleplay. I care more about IC stories than the OOC drama. Hate me for it.

Good night.

Zetsumodernista
Contender

June 7th, 2017, 11:34 pm #44

My thoughts are really too jumbled to fully process right now, but at the moment I'm siding against the staff ruling (I can and probably will waffle back and forth here, though). What I'm 95% sure on is that I'm pretty unhappy that staff went ahead and posted the inactive death before this was resolved.
dear god dear god tinkle tinkle hoy

G056: Asuka Takahara: The one who can out-pretentious them all.
- Memories: 1
- Pregame: 1
- V6: 1-2

dmboogie
Winner

June 8th, 2017, 12:41 am #45

I'm not really sure what my opinion is about everything else; but while this isn't the primary thing being debated here, in my opinion showing leniency in the case of "hey please I was literally in the middle of writing a post" is the best thing to do for the health and good feelings of the site?

Like, in the rules as written, staff would have been entirely in the right to deny Ciel's first appeal (ignoring everything else that happened afterwards) but I honestly think that strictly keeping to the rules doesn't give much of a benefit to the site. Like, in the hypothetical scenario where Ciel appeals immediately after he receives the terminal inactivity notice, denying it would be "correct" but it removes another character from V6 and doesn't leave anyone feeling satisfied, especially when the handler is still around and active on the site.

I guess showing leniency would theoretically leave the system open to abuse of people waiting until the very last second and then appealing, but I don't think we should just assume that handlers would do that if we cut a terminally inactive dude a single break.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

June 8th, 2017, 2:44 am #46

Okay, since one of my characters has been brought into the conversation, I suppose that I have to put my two cents in now.

Yes, it can be argued that Bart was indirectly screwed by this situation too, but the thing is, I genuinely forgot that I was allowed to make inactivity avoidance posts. I mentioned that in my appeal, and immediately wrote up a post with Bart once it was his turn again a few minutes later because I thought that it would help my case. It didn't work. I had neglected the rules, and I wound up paying the price.

And even though I'm really, really, really unsatisfied about the way Bart's story ended, I really don't think that I have a leg to stand on to argue against it. It's my fault that he went inactive, and I have to accept it.

[+] spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

dmboogie
Winner

June 8th, 2017, 2:54 am #47

See, it WAS your fault, but I'm honestly not sure how the site benefits from completely eliminating a handler who's still interested in the game and would likely stay active, especially this close to endgame.

You're not happy. Nobody who was following Bart is happy.

Like, I get that additional chances have to end somewhere and both you guys already used your first warning, but I still think being more lenient in these cases would be a net good.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

June 8th, 2017, 2:56 am #48

So I've generally kept quiet here, as I've not been very invested in V6, and lately not all that invested in SotF either. I'm also not fond of drama or controversy.

I do have to ask though - if Ciel has repeatedly pushed the activity line over the course of the game, and had in fact been inactive when Staff told him he was going terminal, how can you say the decision was unfair, except on a technicality? It seems one can only extend the benefit of the doubt for so long.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think leniency would have been a bad thing, and I wish Ciel had been able to finish as he would have wanted. (Goodness knows I had so much trouble finishing my character's death. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't sympathize.) I can agree with the majority on this part. That said, what bothers me about this argument is that leniency is a privilege - a gift - and it's being treated as almost a right.

With the single exception of posting the inactive kills before officially responding to this thread, I don't believe this was unprofessional. (Credit to Rattle, but given the direction of the conversation, it was clear it needed something from the Staff as a whole.)

It was a clear and obvious Staff mistake to give Ciel the clear, and it was their right to correct it. I would rather it had been handled differently, particularly since he posted right away, but I can respect why they would follow the letter of the law. For what little my 02 is worth, the death post (which I haven't actually read, and am considering strictly on principle.) was a poor move.

I dunno. I've been in a position where I've had to moderate before on a much smaller scale, between a couple groups composed mostly of friends. I'm pretty familiar with how hard it is to navigate a crappy position with no truly good solution. I know emotions are high, but please let's stay civil guys. :/

I think, when it comes down to it, I'm mostly in agreement with Zetsu's well-worded first post in this thread.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

June 8th, 2017, 2:57 am #49

Aura wrote:Okay, since one of my characters has been brought into the conversation, I suppose that I have to put my two cents in now.

Yes, it can be argued that Bart was indirectly screwed by this situation too, but the thing is, I genuinely forgot that I was allowed to make inactivity avoidance posts. I mentioned that in my appeal, and immediately wrote up a post with Bart once it was his turn again a few minutes later because I thought that it would help my case. It didn't work. I had neglected the rules, and I wound up paying the price.

And even though I'm really, really, really unsatisfied about the way Bart's story ended, I really don't think that I have a leg to stand on to argue against it. It's my fault that he went inactive, and I have to accept it.
For what it's worth, I really respect you for this post mate.

I'm sorry things went poorly, but good on you for this.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

June 8th, 2017, 3:13 am #50

And for reference, I've seen more than a few groups screwed over by their Staff being too lenient.

Punishment is not the first resort, but there are good reasons as to why exceptions should be exceptions. Even a general policy of lenience can only extend so far.

One of the things that drew me to this site was that the Staff was serious. It was painful at times - I went through three different moderators in the course of getting Ian approved, and they each wanted massive revisions. Staff enforced activity, realism, etc, and while it was somewhat hard, SotF was so much better for it overall.

As I said, I'm not against leniency, even a fairly open, benefit-of-the-doubt policy, and wish it had been extended in this case. However, I'm leery at how the conversation has turned to the idea that Staff owed said leniency, when honestly, I'm sorry Ciel, I think you're a pretty chill guy, but you did mess up the activity part. :/

Pregame - None
)

Past - None