umop-ap!sdn
Player

January 1st, 2014, 7:36 pm #31

General Goose wrote:I overestimated the free time I have. Good luck with this, but someone better can take my place.
I volunteer as tribute, if nobody objects. I'm also willing to co-op this and share ideas with anybody else who doesn't have a designated spot.

This would be for a male character, yes?

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

January 4th, 2014, 10:56 pm #32

Bumping. Mimi's deadline is soon. I am forming a character this weekend despite work in between trying to catch up with V5 posts. Just a heads up.

Edit: It's the sixth, my character concept will be sent soon.

Mimi
Winner

January 8th, 2014, 1:40 am #33

Alrighty, that's the deadline with a day to spare! With Goose pulling out and two people not sending me their kids, I've got three boy spots to spare. MrMrsMissMsSirMaamEsqRandom, Loco, and Naft had the first spots so if you guys would kindly let me know if you're still interested in partaking, that'd be great!

Thanks again for all your hard work, everyone! The characters look great and I can't wait to put them into action.

Mimi
Winner

January 11th, 2014, 3:48 pm #34

TIME FOR OUR FIRST PREVIEW.

Today, considering I have all the girls entered and approved, I decided to showcase them a little! Friendly reminder: PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE WHICH CHARACTER BELONGS TO YOU. Half the fun is in the anonymity and I don't want anyone seeing someone's kid and going 'Ew, Mimi wrote her, she probably sucks fritos.'

Also bear in mind these are just quick summaries of characters!
[+] Spoiler

G01; Alyssa Andrews:
Beautiful, smart, and stubborn as an oxe. Alyssa is the type to speak her mind freely, without thought of the consequences and may be one of the few brave enough (or fool-hardy enough) to speak up against the Organizers. Likely to underestimate her classmates because of her superiority complex and will without a doubt always consider herself smarter than them. Is quite unpopular and may be effected by that, but uses her passion over her causes as an outlet and coping mechanism, as well as bad-mouthing those who dislike her. Does not trust easily, nor is she level-headed in every day life, with many of her actions influenced by her emotions.

G02; Hazel Bowman:
Hazel's incredibly insecure about many aspects in her life and suffers from the typical middle child syndrome, but masks her insecurities with over-confidence. She's often the first to compliment herself or laugh at her own jokes and will never miss a chance to sing her own praises. It's likely she's very cynical and somewhat jaded, nor is she shy about sharing that with others, especially if angered. She's not well liked because of her personality, but finds herself more-so isolated by her peer-group than bullied by them due to her fiery disposition. To dissociate herself from things, she often views them as a competition.

G03; Saskia Buckley:
Saskia is the atypical girl-next-door; warm, welcoming, and polite to a fault. While not over-emotional, Saskia is very empathetic and will be the first to try and cheer people up or make them feel important, which has earned her a fair bit of attention from boys around her. Being the gentle creature she is, Saskia may not bode well within the Game and may be unable to accept the reality that people are killing one another. Claustrophobic, she'll likely get restless or panicked if stationed in an enclosed space for too long. Saskia doesn't seem terribly perceptive and takes things at face-value and may find herself trusting the wrong people. She's very close to her family and may suffer from some home-sickness on top of what already shaky sanity she may have in the game.

G04; Liz Mason:
Liz is a grounded individual, albeit with some commitment issues that may stem from her parents' divorce. More often than not, she becomes the voice of reason and the peace-keeper of her friends, but is quick to distance herself if they start relying on her too much. Despite that, she dislikes being alone and becomes disheartened when she is for long periods of time. Liz is a twin and has a deep relationship with her sister, Jessica, who has also been abducted, which may cause some moral crisis inside of her. Liz doesn't trust easily, but the minute you earn it, you know she'll never betray that trust. Alternatively, if her trust is broken, you're as good as dead to her.

G05; Jess Mason:
Jess is everything her sister isn't; flaky, independant, and impulsive. She does things on a whim, savoring them for awhile before eventually losing interest and giving up on them. Because of her adventurous ways, Jess has something of a reputation for being trouble, often finding herself in detention or in hot water with her parents. She's the type of girl who talks to everyone, often surprising when people discover her connections and who she knows and is typically the girl people go to when they want something. Despite all that, she becomes very attached to people and is something of a bleeding heart, often taking blame for things others have done to save them from trouble.

G06; Jean McKay:
Jean is, above all else, somewhat lost in the world. An outcast and the child of divorce, she's starved for attention and goes out of her way to get it, falling into the wrong crowds and following them blindly when she feels she's been accepted. Jean's not terribly popular and is quick to become jealous when she recognizes that other people are more popular or well liked than she is and will often try to tear that person down with insults to cope with her insecurity. While Jean is constantly questioning people's actions, she's very quick to be persuaded or manipulated when she does trust someone or want their acceptance, which may cause her to follow the wrong types.

GO7; Kara Pruitt:
Kara distances herself from many people in her life out of fear of them leaving. As the child of workaholics, she's been raised by a revolving door of nannies and has subsequently become more and more wary of getting close to them. Overall pretty apathetic, Kara doesn't have many goals or dreams and doesn't find herself becoming passionate about a lot in life; aside from a love liquor. Despite her blunt and deadpan manner, Kara is decently well-liked, though she avoids forming deep relationships with her peers. Because of her apathy and a general feeling that there's not much out there in life for her, she'll likely not try very hard to preserve her own life.

G08; Roxy Roy:
Roxy, never Roxanne, is, first and foremost, her own person, unapologetic about her interests or her appearance no matter what others may say. Roxy is the type of person who commands a room, always having something to talk about with everyone. Because of her friendliness and relaxed disposition, Roxy is the type of person who's everyone's best friend, the person that you call when you're in a jam and will be the first to think of a solution to it. Although she's had some family problems, she's not quick to share that, mostly out of not wanting to dwell on it and just move on with her life.

G09; Jenny Sailer:
Jenny is stoic, never quite forthright with her emotions, preferring to keep them inside and deal with them on her own. Because of this, many people often look up to her as a pillar of strength, coupled with her no-nonsense attitude when it comes to someone treating people she cares about poorly. While typically pretty level-headed and kind, Jenny's known to lose her cool on the hockey field, becoming single-minded and over-competitive, which she doesn't like about herself and does her best to maintain. Similarly, when she feels someone has wronged her or her friends, her fuse shortens significantly and she's prone to blowing up, which may cause problems withing the Game.

G10; Agatha Stone:
Agatha is a brain, someone who has devoted her life to learning and the pursuit of knowledge. Agatha is ambitious and feels that there is nothing she can't accomplish as long as she puts her mind to it, which may come from her parents' vocal faith in her. Because of her studious ways, Agatha doesn't have the deepest of connections to her classmates, but does find herself making an effort to at least speak and become friendly with them, often offering her assistance in the way of schoolwork and the like. Although she is typically rather even-tempered, if Agatha's intelligence is called into question, she becomes very defensive, especially when she believes her brain is all she has. Perhaps because of the faith her parents put in her, Agatha herself often doesn't believe she can fail and will likely not see faults in her plans, which may be her downfall.

G11; Ellie Willcombe:
Ellie is used to getting her way and expects people to understand that and cater to it. As the sole child of a doting father, she's never had to want for much and as a result has become somewhat entitled. Because of her desire for everything to go her way, Ellie is very controlling and will do her best to make sure situations cater to her. Popularity and being well-liked is important to her, especially when her relationship with her father began deteriorating the older she got and does her best to insert herself into activities, even if she lacks enthusiasm for them. Ellie is known to be slightly aggressive and icey, with a venomous tongue reserved for those who have earned her ire, nor is she shy about expressing that.

So, there you have it! The first half of our poor class.

Feel free to discuss the girls in the thread! Any comments or criticisms? Any early favorites? Have an idea of where their story may go? I'd love to hear it!

Espi
Winner

January 11th, 2014, 4:07 pm #35

All these characters sound really interesting, and I'm excited already to see what goes down. I especially look forward to seeing what happens with Jean, Kara and the Mason twins, who stand out to me especially. All of them have a lot of potential though and it'll be awesome to see what Mimi does with 'em.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Grim Wolf
Winner

January 11th, 2014, 5:47 pm #36

Are there still open spots, or has that window closed?
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."
[+] Spoiler

G053 Karen Idel, DECEASED: Game over.

B040 Tyler Lucas, DECEASED: I had fun. You?

B046 Xavier Contel, DECEASED : "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."
[+] Spoiler

B054 Raidon Naoko (DECEASED): "Dying like this isn't so bad..."

B072 Simon Grey (DECEASED): "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

B079 David Meramac (DECEASED): "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."

G072 Mirabelle Nesa (DECEASED): "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

January 11th, 2014, 6:18 pm #37

Grim Wolf wrote:Are there still open spots, or has that window closed?
Yeah, unfortunately the window has closed. :c

Cool stuff Mimi. Almost submitted something else, a boy character I didn't end up using for V5, but then people would guess it was me and I remembered the anonymity rule. c:

Kinda wanted to try a girl for this game, as I noticed I had a lot to spare in my notebook of kid concepts that could suit this better than regular Sotf writing. Not totally satisfied with the profile quality I sent - But Excited to see what you do with our kids. :}

Grim Wolf
Winner

January 11th, 2014, 6:29 pm #38

Ah well. Roster looks way cool. I look forward to seeing what you do!
Want to buy my book? See my short stories? Read my fanfiction? Visit my website!

V6 Players

Tara Behzad: "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

Alex Tarquin: "No more masks."
[+] Spoiler

G053 Karen Idel, DECEASED: Game over.

B040 Tyler Lucas, DECEASED: I had fun. You?

B046 Xavier Contel, DECEASED : "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."
[+] Spoiler

B054 Raidon Naoko (DECEASED): "Dying like this isn't so bad..."

B072 Simon Grey (DECEASED): "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

B079 David Meramac (DECEASED): "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."

G072 Mirabelle Nesa (DECEASED): "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Winner
Winner

January 11th, 2014, 9:51 pm #39

Oh I see, the reservation list vanished. That's going to make it more exciting!
Your Summaries are written very well and interesting and make me wonder what'll happen to them.

Alyssa seems to be an interesting character, because she seems to be an escapist, but I think she'll have a hard time finding allies. And if she finds allies betrayal may occur due to the "not trusting".

I don't really know what will happen to Hazel, maybe she'll be some kind of villain, I guess or she'll be just be misunderstood. But she seems to be awkward for the other character, which could be interesting when watching other characters POVs. I really wonder what other characters think about her.

Oh and Saskia will sure be an interesting character. Actually that depends on the island, because the Claustrophoby could be very interesting, as she'd be in the open in case she avoids closed buildings and would be an easy target. I'd look forward to play her also because of the family stuff.

And the Mason Twins (and every SOTF Version had twins, which is a bit like a trademark for SOTF Characters). I didn't expected twins to be in this anonymous sign ups, but they'll sure be interesting reads plays especially because they are closer to each other than every other contestants. But I hope they won't end up like the Ishida Twins and that they'll meet together (alive) or go far.

Jean is a outcast, but that doesn't exactly mean that she's going to be a player (Especially since she's questioning people's actions). She also gets manipulated easily so I guess what she's going to do on the island depends who she meets on the island first.

Kara's backstory also seems to be interesting, so I'd like to play her, too. But she avoids deep relationships to other characters, which could make her a player. But the fact that she has no goals in life could mean that she finds it while in the game. Or not.

Roxy's going to do whatever she wants to do I guess. If she wants to escape she'll try to escape. And she's "commanding" so she could be a leader, too.
But if she plays I guess that she'll play. I think other characters have a hard time convincing her to something, as she seems to be a stubborn character. But I bet she'd could easily convince anyone else, due to her character traits and friendlyness.

I think Jenny's going to be a heroic character, who'll try to be very lawful. She could play and had probably good chances of winning, but I'd think that she'll try to resist the instructors, because they harmed her and her friends. But because she's sporty I think she'll go far.

Agatha is the brain so she'll definitely be an interesting read, because she'll either have a smart idea of killing someone in case she plays or she'll have a smart idea of escaping ala Liz Polanski. On the other hand she has no deep connections, which could be misfortune for her.

Ellie is a popular girl so she'll sure have many connections, so we'll more much about her from many different POVs, which could be really interesting.
She's also manipulative and sometimes aggressive and icey what could definitely lead to tensional scenes.

Yeah that were my thoughts/predictions. And I really love every character!

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

January 11th, 2014, 10:08 pm #40

These look cool. Very excited to see how they turn out in-game.