- [+] spoiler
21 seniors from Aurora High School step out into the Nicobar Islands in India to start the adventure of a lifetime for $1,000,000. They meet up with Jeff Probst and are explained the twist of this season: every round will have a Curse a choice that will have both positive and negative consequences for those who take it. The fits Curse comes in the for of an unusual question: Who does not want to be the first person voted out? After a couple seconds of confused silence, Cassidy Kant takes Jeff up on the offer, and is asked to split the remaining twenty Survivors into four tribes, resulting in GWE, consisting of Virgil Jefferson-Davis, Matt Masters, Zubin Wadia, Douglas MacAllister, and Venice Pennington-Johannes; SHAK-TI, Jaquilyn Locke, David Zimmer, Francis St. Ledger, Sharon Austin, and Joachim Lovelace; VARNA, consisting of Cammy Davidson, Kat Tolstoff, Lana Torres, Cassandra Black, and Miranda Millers; and BRAHMAN, consisting of Claire Monaghan, Owen Kay, Alice Gilman, Jake Mordetsky, and R.J. Roger. With the four tribes set, Cassidy is told that she has immunity because she is not in any of the tribes
yet. She is sent to Exile Island, where she will spend the first round of the game by herself, to join the tribe that loses a member. With that, the tribes are sent off to their respective camps, where they start themselves off, creating shelter, finding water and food, and for Gwe and Brahman, creating fire, courtesy of Zubin and Claire, respectively. Day 3 brings the first immunity challenge, The Boulder Run, where the four tribes have to roll a boulder through a obstacle course and raise the flag at the end to receive immunity, a fire-making kit for the first two tribes to finish, and a tarp for the first tribe to finish. Gwe is able to stage a come from behind victory, followed by Varna and Shak-Ti, respectively, sending Brahman to Tribal Council. At Tribal Council, the vote is tied between Alice and Jake, with JAKE becoming the first person voted out of the game, being replaced by Cassidy.
- Jake (2 votes in first vote and tiebreaker) Claire, R.J.
- Alice (2 votes in first vote, 1 vote in tiebreaker) Jake, Owen
- Claire (1 vote) Alice
- [+] spoiler
- Round 2 started with the solidification of alliances in each tribe. In Gwe, the dominant alliance was headed by Zubin and had Virgil and Matt, with Venice as a fourth member. In Shak-Ti, Jaquilyn and Sharon had managed to form a secret alliance together. Varna had Lana, Cammy, and Cassandra upset over Mirandas performance in the previous challenge, to compound the fact that Miranda hadnt been on very good terms with any of the three to start with. The second immunity challenge came into play with a secret vote to decide whether there was going to be a Tribal Council. At the Pipe Dream challenge, the votes were cast, with 11 people voting to skip Tribal Council. The second Curse kicked in, and there was no vote rather, the first person to drop out of the challenge would be immediately eliminated from the game. The last tribe left would receive fishing gear, including a Hawaiian sling, and the runner-up tribe would receive a hook and some line. In an almost complete reversal from the last challenge, Jaquilyn outlasted Cassidy, giving Shak-Ti the win, and Brahman second place. In a shocking twist of fate, MATT only lasted two minutes, and was the second person eliminated from the game.
- [+] spoiler
The third round continues Gwes bad luck from the second round fresh off of losing Matt, DOUGLAS cuts himself badly while chopping wood and has to be medically evacuated from the game, putting the once strong Gwe Tribe down to three people. At the first Reward challenge, a relay was set up to determine who would win a spice rack and a barbeque with several delicious meats. The last tribe to finish, however, would be dissolved, and the members would be integrated into the other three tribes. Shak-Ti was able to take the win as well as first pick, followed by Varna and Gwe, while Brahman was the last tribe to finish and was ended. Before Shak-Ti got to enjoy their meal, they had to pick their new members, alternating from Shak-Ti to Varna to Gwe. The new tribes became as follows:
GWE: Venice, Virgil, Zubin, R.J.
SHAK-TI: David, Francis, Jaquilyn, Joachim, Sharon, Cassidy, Claire
VARNA: Cammy, Cassandra, Kat, Lana, Miranda, Owen, Alice
At Gwe, R.J. was quickly welcomed into the fold, and was offered a place in the Cow Alliance. At Shak-Ti, Cassidy and Claire received similar welcomes. At Varna, however, it was a scramble. Alice and Owen were both welcomed, but Miranda and Kat immediately beelined for the pair to give themselves a majority, while Lana, Cassandra, and Cammy did the same to keep Kat and Miranda out of power. At the Immunity challenge, Alice, Cassandra, and Lana sat out for Varna, while David, Joachim, and Sharon sat out for Shak-Ti. Gwe was able to just beat out Shak-Ti for the win, sending Varna to Tribal Council. Back at Varna, all seemed lost for Miranda until she brought up one important fact Alice was weak. On top of that, her quiet nature had put her just as much on the outs as Miranda was. Armed with this piece of information, Kat and Miranda did whatever they could to spread the new plan: vote out Alice. At Tribal Council, a heated discussion came between Miranda and Cassandra, who not only wanted to keep Alice around as a vote, but also as a buffer in case they went to Tribal Council again. Everybody seemed split, but the vote was 4-3 to boot ALICE, with Lana voting for her in order to add relative strength to the tribe, and Owen choosing to keep Miranda because she passionately argued her case to stay.
Alice (4 Votes) Lana, Kat, Miranda, Owen
Miranda (3 votes) Alice, Cassandra, Cammy
- [+] spoiler
The fourth round of play started out a little uneasy for Varna, as the originally dominant alliance was split over Alices ouster, with Cassandra being angry with Lana for voting Alice instead of. Miranda, even though Lana had no intention of letting Miranda go any further than absolutely necessary. Over at Shak-Ti, Cassidy was winning over most of her tribe, getting in good with David and Joachim, while slightly annoying Sharon with her peppy attitude, while Claire was getting along with Francis and David. Gwe, meanwhile, was quite stable, having bonded into a relatively cohesive group. At the Survivor Show and Tell, Gwe was able to win various hygiene items, giving themselves some much-needed relief.
At the Immunity challenge, Gwe was able to once again take first place, with Varna coming in a close second. As a result, Shak-Ti was sent to their first Tribal Council. The way that Cassidy and Claire had bonded with the rest of the tribe had muddled things for the tribe. While Cassidy was clearly an asset and deemed safe from the vote, Sharon tried to eliminate Claire for being weak and a Shak-Ti through the tribal dissolution. Claire, likewise, pushed for Sharons elimination, as she was the smallest and weakest member of the tribe, and had some support from Francis and David, and definite support from Cassidy. Over at Tribal Council, the Shak-Ti tribe was offered a choice they could go back to camp without voting anybody off. However, if they did so, they would lose two people at the next Tribal Council they went to, and the other tribe would vote out one of the members. The majority of the tribe chose to bite the bullet. Claire was able to win out, able to get Cassidy, David, Francis, and Joachim to vote SHARON out of the game.
Sharon (5 votes) Cassidy, Claire, David, Francis, Joachim
Claire (2 votes) Jaquilyn, Sharon
- [+] spoiler
The fifth round started out with a Curse anybody could choose to go to Exile Island until the merge, making themselves immune. However, there would be no Hidden Immunity Idol, and each person who took the Curse would go it alone on their own islands. After ten seconds, nobody took the Curse. The challenge today was for the most important reward of all Immunity. It was especially important this time because only one tribe would be winning Immunity today. On top of that, the last tribe to finish would be given a bottle that would only be opened on Jeffs say-so. The challenge was in two parts: retrieve keys from the under the water, which would be used to unlock an axe that would raise the tribes flag. Zubin was able to raise Gwes flag first, while Owen got second place for Varna, giving Shak-Ti last place. On Varna, the results were pretty cut and dry Miranda had never truly recovered from her performance in the first challenge, having made herself look like a snake trying to keep herself in the game at the last Tribal Council. Shak-Tis decision, however, was much tougher. Once again, Claire was a target, this time by Jaquilyn. In turn, Claire targeted Jaquilyn, as she had been the only other person to vote for her at Shak-Tis last Tribal Council. At Varnas Tribal Council, MIRANDAS days were numbered, as even her best friend Kat voted for her. At Shak-Ti, CLAIRE was the victim of the vote, as only Cassidy voted to keep her, as the other four members valued Jaquilyns strength to much to let her go.
Miranda (5 votes) Cassandra, Cammy, Lana, Kat, Owen
Cassandra (1 vote) Miranda
Claire (4 votes) David, Francis, Jaquilyn, Joachim
Jaquilyn (2 votes) Cassidy, Claire
- [+] spoiler
The sixth round began with a reward challenge for a trip to the Casa de Product Placement. However, an interesting wrinkle was introduced when Shak-Ti was finally able to open their bottle. Because they had come in last in the previous immunity challenge, Shak-Ti was no more. The second part of the reward was also this rounds Curse whichever tribe won could choose to keep the remaining tribes as they were, or have a hard restart. Gwe continued their winning streak and declined the scramble. The new tribes were as follows:
GWE R.J., Venice, Virgil, Zubin, Jaquilyn, David, Francis
VARNA: Cassandra, Cammy, Lana, Kat, Owen, Cassidy, Joachim
Over at Varna, the new members were able to gel relatively well with everybody, except for Kat, who was still stinging a little from having to vote Miranda off. At the Casa de Product Placement, Gwe was celebrating with food, drink, and letters from home, which made it difficult for even the cheerful David and laconic Zubin from tearing up a little. In the Circle Race Immunity Challenge, Gwes winning streak was ended when Varna was able to catch up to Gwe, sending the white tribe to Tribal Council for the first time in the game. It was here that Zubins consolidations started to pay off. With R.J., Venice, and Virgil on his side, Zubin was able to come to the decision that the weaker DAVID was the next one to go. Before Tribal Council, though, he extended an offer to Jaquilyn as a member of a five-person alliance. Jaquilyn accepted, and joined the Cow Alliance in voting off David.
David (5 votes) Jaquilyn, R.J., Venice, Virgil, Zubin
Venice (2 votes) David, Francis
- [+] spoiler
The seventh round saw a slight change in tribal politics, as Kat started to come around and tried to build bridges with the other tribe at Varna, which was still coming off the high of winning. At Gwe, the tribe was feeling a little depressed at the departure of the energetic, cheerful, and well-liked David. The Reward Challenge gave another win to Varna, in the form of blankets and pillows for the beleaguered tribe, and a little bit more depression to Gwe as they had to deal with more rain and hard bamboo.
At the Immunity Challenge, three people from each tribe were picked to hold a wooden pole on their backs, which would be loaded with weights over time. In a twist, each tribe would choose one of the participants for the other tribe. Jaquilyn, Virgil, and Zubin were selected for Gwe, while Cassandra, Cassidy, and Lana were selected for Varna. However, this rounds Curse was that anybody not participating could choose to eat, in exchange for a ten pound penalty per person eating. On Gwe, the remaining three people chose to eat, while on Varna, only Owen chose to eat. The choice paid off for Varna, as both Lana and Cassidy were able to beat out Virgil for Immunity. Over at Tribal Council, the Cow Alliance once again reared its ugly head as FRANCIS became the eighth person to leave the game.
Francis (5 votes) Jaquilyn, R.J., Venice, Virgil, Zubin
Zubin (1 vote) Francis
- [+] spoiler
Round 8 started off a little anxiously for Gwe there was going to be a merge at any time, and with Gwe down two people, it would be very tough for them to win. So when they met at the original Brahman camp, they were a little dismayed to find out that a merge was exactly what was going down. There was a feast, a chance to get to know each other, and the time taken to pick a new name for the tribe and paint the flag. At the Timeline Challenge, the new GANDHI Tribe played for the first Individual Immunity, but first, they had to take a vote on whether to have a second Immunity up for grabs which none of them would be eligible for. After conferring, the tribe chose to have the second Immunity come into play, and the eligible people were brought out Jake, Matt, Alice, Sharon, Miranda, Claire, David, and Francis, the eight people eliminated before the merge. While the Gandhi tribe was participating for one Immunity, the pre-merge contestants would be competing for the other, and as such become the thirteenth member of the Gandhi Tribe. After fourteen minutes, MATT was able to beat out David to re-enter the game, and at the fifty-eight minute mark, KAT outlasted Jaquilyn to win the first Individual Immunity.
Upon returning to camp, everybody welcomed Matt back, especially his friends from the Gwe Tribe, Venice, Virgil, and Zubin. Zubin offered Matt a spot in the Cows, and he accepted, which caused his girlfriend Cassidy to join the Cows upon talking to Matt. At Tribal Council, everything seemed set for physical threat Lana to leave until she played a Hidden Immunity Idol given to her by Cammy, cancelling her votes, and making R.J. the first member of the jury.
- Lana (7 votes, cancelled by Hidden Immunity Idol) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Matt, R.J., Venice, Virgil, Zubin
- R.J. (6 votes) Cammy, Cassandra, Joachim, Kat, Lana, Owen
- [+] spoiler
The ninth round of Survivor saw the Cows a little on edge, while the Varnas were relieved due to the results of the vote. Even though people were able to remain civil (aside from Jaquilyn, who needed to be somewhat restrained), there was a definite air of nervousness as everyone was socializing with each other to find out the plans of the other alliance. The Reward Challenge gave everybody that chance, as the reward was a picnic for six people. For this challenge, the tribe was split into two teams the Green Team of Cassandra, Jaquilyn, Joachim, Kat, Matt, and Virgil, and the Red Team of Cammy, Cassidy, Lana, Owen, Venice, and Zubin. The challenge was a blowout victory for Green, and they won the picnic at a secluded location, while the Red team was forced to go back to camp empty-handed. But at both the reward location and the camp, both groups were trying to convert members of the other to their side to avoid a tie vote, but while everybody played along, they simply went back to their alliance members and told each other about what was going down. Some had faith that someone would flip over, but most did not. So the working over of the alliances continued into the immunity challenge, which KAT won again. With Kat immune and four idols potentially in play, nobody knew who was going home. The tensions from the Reward spilled into Tribal Council, as the initial vote was 6 votes for Lana, and 6 for Matt. A tiebreaker vote yielded no change, and so for the first time since the Marquesas, the Purple Rock tiebreaker came into play. Everybody except for Kat, Lana, and Matt reached into a bag to pick a rock that was hopefully not purple. When everybody revealed their rocks, VIRGIL had been the one to draw the Purple Rock, and became the second member of the jury without ever having received a single vote. Normally, this would be the end, but Virgil returned, as Tribal Council was not over yet
- Matt (6 votes) Cammy, Cassandra, Joachim, Kat, Lana, Owen
- Lana (6 votes) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Matt, Venice, Virgil, Zubin
- [+] spoiler
The round begins right after Virgils elimination Jeff has just revealed that there is still one more thing to take care of the Curse. Everybody is given a torch snuffer, and told that they have the option of getting a good amount of money
if they choose to leave the game. Jeff gives everybody ten seconds to consider various amounts of money, ranging from $1,000 to $50,000, but it was only at the final offer of $50,000 that KAT decided to leave as the third member of the jury and $50,000 richer, based on the logic that being the sixth in a six person alliance wasnt going to help her.
The next day, the remaining nine Survivors took part in the Survivor Auction, where they were each given $500 to bid on various items. While a couple people spent their money on low quality items, like Joachims $300 water and Cammys $260 snails, other people profited immensely, like Cassandras pizza, Jaquilyns foie gras with lamb shanks, and Matts steak and coke, among other things, and the Curse for this round, Lanas public clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol.
- Hamburger and fries Venice, $390
- Glass of camp water Joachim, $300
- Pizza Jaquilyn, $410, can trade for either spoiled jackfruit or foie gras w/lamb shanks (both covered), Jaquilyn trades for foie gras w/lamb shanks
- Pizza Cassandra, $500
- Chocolate cake (covered) Cassidy, $500, shares with Joachim, Matt, and Venice
- Snails (covered, cleaned, and cooked) Cammy, $260
- Shower and change of clothes Zubin, $490
- Steak and soda Matt, $300
- Public HII Clue Lana, $380
- Matt (5 votes) Cammy, Cassandra, Joachim, Lana, Owen
- Owen (5 votes, cancelled by Hidden Immunity Idol) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Matt, Venice, Zubin
- [+] spoiler
Coming back from Tribal Council, the Varna alliance was elated, as they now had five members to the Cow Alliances four thanks to Owens idol play. Meanwhile, the Cows were on edge, having lost three members and now being in the minority. While Zubin and Venice tried talking to the Varnas, Jaquilyn and Cassidy looked for the idol, with no luck, mainly because they were being watched by Cassandra and Cammy, both of whom made it impossible to make looking for the idol a secret. The Reward Challenge was a team challenge, requiring flexibility, speed, and manual dexterity. The tribe would be divided into three teams of three, and each would be clipped to a rope that was tangled into a large knot. The team that could untangle the knot first and unclip would be sent to a hotel, where they would be able to eat and watch a preview of the movie The Dark Knight Rises. In the end, it was the team of Owen, Cammy, and Venice that won, and enjoyed food, drink, and a really good movie. Meanwhile, at the Gandhi camp, Zubin, Jaquilyn, and Cassidy were being civil with Lana, Cassandra, and Joachim, while still trying to turn one of them over, but to no avail.
The Immunity Challenge for this round was also the Curse. For this challenge, the Survivors would be given a certain disadvantage to bid on. Whomever had the highest bid for that round would take that penalty, and whomever had the lowest bid would be eliminated from the challenge, with Immunity going to the last person left. In the end, it was CASSIDY who won Immunity, at the price of being unable to compete in any challenge except the Final Immunity Challenge.
- Sit out Reward 3/3: Cassandra, Cassidy, Lana; 1/3: Jaquilyn, Joachim, Owen, Zubin; 0/3 (ELIMINATED): Cammy, Venice
- No vote 3/5: Joachim; 2/5: Cassidy, Lana; 1/5: Cassandra; 0/5 (ELIMINATED): Jaquilyn, Owen, Zubin
- Penalty vote 4/5: Cassandra, Joachim; 2/5: Cassidy; 0/5 (ELIMINATED): Lana
- Sit out Immunity 4/5: Cassidy; 3/5 (ELIMINATED): Cassandra, Joachim
- Cassandra (5 Votes) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Venice, Zubin, Penalty Vote
- Jaquilyn (4 votes) Cammy, Cassandra, Lana, Owen
- Joachim (1 vote) Penalty Vote
- [+] spoiler
- Cammy wins a spa day for a Reward, her Curse is to take one person, or give up her Reward so that four people can go, she gives it up to send Lana, Owen, Venice, and Zubin. JOACHIM wins Immunity, and LANA is voted out, 4-3.
- Lana (4 votes) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Venice, Zubin
- Jaquilyn (3 votes) Cammy, Lana, Owen
- [+] spoiler
- The Reward Challenge had two main twists the first was the prize, which was revealed one by one. Jeff showed Jimmy, Zubins father; Larissa, Joachims sister; Beverly, Cassidys cousin; John, Owens father; Suzanne, Cammys sister; Don, Jaquilyns brother; and Daisy, Venices mother. The reward was a trip on a yacht for the winner and his or her loved one. The second twist was that it would not be the Survivors competing, but the Loved Ones, with the exception of Beverly, due to the Curse that Cassidy had accepted two rounds ago. The challenge was simple each family member would be locked in a cage with sticks and rope, which they would use to obtain a key ring ten feet away. In a close match-up, Suzanne was able to unlock herself just before Daisy, winning the trip for herself and Cammy. Jeff gave Suzanne one choice, which functioned as Curse Suzanne could go on the trip with Cammy and one other pair, or she could give the trip up so that everyone would go back to camp with their loved ones for the day. Suzanne chose to give up the trip, allowing a grateful Gandhi tribe to go back to camp with their loved ones.
VENICE wins Immunity, CAMMY is eliminated 4-2.
- Cammy (4 votes) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Venice, Zubin
- Cassidy (2 votes) Cammy, Owen
- Joachim (1 vote) Penalty Vote
- [+] spoiler
Jauqilyn wins Reward, wins a 2012 Subaru Outback, can take one person with her on a picnic from the tribe or the Jury, she chooses Kat.
JOACHIM wins immunity, OWEN is voted out.
- Owen (4 votes) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Venice, Zubin
- Cassidy (2 votes) Joachim, Owen
- [+] spoiler
F5 Immunity: JAQUILYN wins Immunity, JOACHIM is voted out
- Joachim (4 votes) Cassidy, Jaquilyn, Venice, Zubin
- Cassidy (1 vote) Joachim
- Cassidy (2 votes) Jaquilyn, Zubin
- Zubin (2 votes) Cassidy, Zubin
Day 39 gave the Final Three a feast to celebrate that they made it to the end, and everybody was anxious about how the jury would react. Cassidy spent the day meditating, Jaquilyn rehearsed her jury speech, and Venice just worked as usual until it was time to go. The Final Tribal Council came for the Final Three, and with it the Final Curse the castaways could choose to go in front of the jury right then and there or they could have one final Immunity Challenge, and a vote to determine Final 2. While Jaquilyn voted to have a Final Two, Cassidy and Venice voted for a Final Three, and the jury started their questioning. They asked Jaquilyn if she had actually played to win the jury vote as opposed to simply making it, they asked Venice if she had actually done anything, and they asked Cassidy if being nice was all there was to her strategy. Matt congratulated the Final Three, but admitted he was voting for Cassidy anyways. After the questioning, the jury cast their votes, and Jeff took them to be revealed at the live reunion.
Six months later, the cast reunited for the live reveal of the votes, all of them in much better shape than when they left the show. Jeff asked if everyone was ready to see the votes, and once they gave consent, he revealed the votes and the winner of Survivor: The Cursed Islands to be
- Jaquilyn (5 votes) R.J., Cassandra, Lana, Owen, Zubin
- Cassidy (3 votes) Kat, Matt, Joachim
- Venice (2 votes) Virgil, Cammy
- The episode titles are things that had something to do with the round either because of something that happened, or a quote that would have been in the episode.
- Originally, the post-merge jury order would have been as follows: R.J., Virgil, Kat, Matt, Joachim, Owen, Cassidy, Venice, Zubin, Jaquilyn, with Cammy winning (through R.J., Kat, Joachim, Zubin, and an audience tiebreaker), Cassandra in second (Virgil, Owen, Venice, and Jaquilyn), and Lana in third (Matt and Cassidy) and then the penalty curse screwed it up. Simply put, it made no sense to take out Joachim when he couldnt vote, so I switched it up so that Cassandra was the one eliminated instead, which put the Cows in control.
- Immunities and eliminations were initially done by roll when it didnt screw things up. The same is true of the auction and the curse challenge which derailed my original boot order.
- For the final vote, I rolled eight of the ten jurors given their alignments in-game and out, I automatically had Matt vote for his girlfriend Cassidy, and Zubin vote for his best friend/borderline showmance Jaquilyn, and then I started rolling the votes.
- I am considering having an All-Star version of this game, if we go to SOTF Survivor 4. It would be six people from each of the three versions, with one slot from each season being filled by the respective winner - so Jaquilyn would automatically be in.