SOTF Endurance

Take a break from the toils of the SOTF ACT and relax in the tranquility of another roleplay. You decide what sort of roleplays appear here, be they AU SOTFs or something entirely different. You're only limited by your own imagination.

SOTF Endurance

decoy73
Winner

January 19th, 2013, 10:11 am #1

I had an idea for an AU SOTF game. It's based on an old reality series called Endurance. Ten men and ten women will be camping out in a remote location, where they will compete in mixed gender teams of two. The object of the game is to receive all 14 pyramid pieces - somewhat complicated by the fact that each team starting out gets one piece by default. There are two types of missions - Endurance missions, for unclaimed pyramid pieces, and Temple missions, which allow the winning team to select two teams to go to the Temple of Fate, where one team will be eliminated. My rules will be as follows for characters:
  • Maximum of two characters per handler
  • You may take any character from SOTF versions 1 through 5 (assuming realism).
  • Pregame only characters are allowed.
  • Name changes are allowed within reason (so if the character is mostly the same, I'll allow it), with the original name of the character clearly stated as well as a link to the original character.
  • You may use characters from other handlers with that handler's express permission.
  • Handlers may offer up their own characters for adoption in Endurance, which puts those characters into a reserve list where they may be selected by other handlers if so desired.
  • There will be some roleplay, but a much of it will likely be through personal inquiries and a chat room, so as to keep the game moving.
  • Adoption for Endurance is for ONLY the Endurance AU.
  • Characters will be from their schools, and will be in the same year that they were in their respective season of SOTF, selected to go on the show in the summer of 2012. SOTF will have occurred with other schools.
  • All relationships from the original version are in play.
  • Relationships from the original version will not affect eligibility.
  • Characters in "Survivor: The Cursed Islands" are eligible.
  • There will be a thread for confessionals, which I will explain further when the thread is made.
  • Nobody dies in this game.
Who would be interested in this?

Confirmed characters
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

[+] spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] spoiler
Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Gandhi Tribe

Female #17: Jaquilyn Locke WINNER
Female #9: Cassidy Kant SECOND PLACE
Female #16: Venice Pennington-Johannes THIRD PLACE
Male #9: Zubin Wadia JURY MEMBER #10
Male #14: Joachim Lovelace JURY MEMBER #9
Male #4: Owen Kay JURY MEMBER #8
Female #57: Cammy Davidson JURY MEMBER #7
Female #39:Lana Torres JURY MEMBER #6
Female #12: Cassandra Black JURY MEMBER #5
Male #29: Matt Masters JURY MEMBER #4
Female #32: Kat Tolstoff JURY MEMBER #3
Male #41: Virgil Jefferson-Davis JURY MEMBER #2
Male #32: Rutherford ?R.J.? Roger JURY MEMBER #1

Gwe Tribe
Douglas MacAllister #3 MEDEVACED
Male #59: David Zimmer #8 ELIMINATED
Male #24: Francis St. Ledger #9 ELIMINATED

Shak-Ti Tribe
Female #44: Sharon Austin #5 ELIMINATED
Female #18: Claire Monaghan #7 ELIMINATED

Varna Tribe
Female #19: Miranda Millers #6 ELIMINATED
Female #64: Alice Gilman #4 ELIMINATED

Brahman Tribe
Jake Mordetsky #1 ELIMINATED
Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN

Espi
Winner

January 19th, 2013, 10:45 am #2

I definitely would be interested; I used to be huge on the show, and I'd enjoy getting to play it.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

SOTF_Help
Winner

January 19th, 2013, 8:59 pm #3

Hiya! This is a minor thing, but the staff would just like to briefly comment on one thing:

"You may use characters from other handlers with either handler's express permission, or if that handler has had no activity within the past six months."

We're uncomfortable with this element, because it allows handlers to use other people's characters without permission. SOTF has a very long history for an RP site, and has the massive turnover that comes with that. The vast bulk of handlers from V1-3 have not been active in six months if you only count logging in as activity; if it's defined as posting, that number goes up even more. We also have a lot of character whose handlers are really hesitant to see them used. This came up a bit in the discussion of Second Chances, but many handlers have inserted themselves or friends into SOTF, and would be uncomfortable seeing them written by other people. There's a big difference between doing a fanfic (which has been established as fine because it's by definition a one-shot thing and is clearly derivative) and actually bringing old characters back for RPing again without permission.

As such, the staff would like to request that lengthy RPs involving past characters please mandate permission from the original handlers. We do know it's a pain in the neck to track them down, but not doing so is in enough of an uncomfortable grey area that we'd rather it not happen.

Apologies for the intrusion, and good luck with your game!

decoy73
Winner

January 19th, 2013, 11:52 pm #4

Change made. Also, I have the list up for which characters are in so far, as well as the reserve list.

[+] spoiler
Male #9 - Zubin Wadia; Status: ACTIVE, "... and for those three reasons, good fences make good neighbors."(-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10)
Female #32 - Katarin "Kat" Tolstoff; Status: #70 ELIMINATED, "How's Miles? He must really be in a lot of pain right now."(-2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5)
Male #53 - Michael Whaley - Status: #9 ELIMINATED; "Just ... wanted ...help." (-1 0 1)
[+] spoiler
Male #16 - Jason Clarke; Status: #111 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Instinct - "Bollocks ..."
Male #28 - James "Jimmy" Robertson; Status: #97 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Darken Your Clothes and Strike a Violent Pose - "Stay strong ..."
Male #41 - Simon Telamon; Status: #213 RESCUED, Final Location: A Slight Change of Plans - ??? ?????????, ? ?????????, ? ???? ??? ???????? ?????, ? ????, ?? ????? ??? ????????? ???????? ???????, ??? ?????? ?????. ?? ?????????? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ?? ????.
Female #31 - Charlene Norris; Status: #189 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Everyday is like Sunday - ""You're my ... BFF. You ... were the best ..."
Female #50 - Tiffany Chanders; Status: #161 ELIMINATED, Final Location: Legoland Empire - What is she going to do with that now? It's not like (Adopted from selphie_trabia)
[+] spoiler

Gandhi Tribe

Gwe Tribe

Shak-Ti Tribe

Varna Tribe

Brahman Tribe

Aura
Winner
Aura
Winner

January 20th, 2013, 12:37 am #5

Y'know what, I remember watching Endurance back in the day, I'm gonna give this a shot.

Matt Masters and Jake Mordetsky are in!

[+] spoiler
v5 Characters:

B029- Matt Masters- DECEASED (114/152)

B043- Adonis Alba- DECEASED (124/152)

G051- Stacey Mordetsky- DECEASED (136/152)

Espi
Winner

January 20th, 2013, 1:03 am #6

V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

decoy73
Winner

January 20th, 2013, 1:11 am #7

Names added.

Adding Simon Telamon and Stephanie Reid (formerly Charlene Norris - I was going to change the name for SC, but wasn't allowed to).

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Gandhi Tribe

Gwe Tribe

Shak-Ti Tribe

Varna Tribe

Brahman Tribe

decoy73
Winner

January 20th, 2013, 3:32 am #8

Okay. If anyone would like, I will offer up Jimmy Robertson, Kat Tolstoff, and Mike Whaley on the Reserve List. If anybody's interested, post here or PM me, and I will give you the basics of the characters.

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Gandhi Tribe

Gwe Tribe

Shak-Ti Tribe

Varna Tribe

Brahman Tribe

jimmydalad
Leader

January 21st, 2013, 12:02 am #10

*shurgs* Might as well get Aria Samuels and Camilla "Cammy" Davidson in here.
[+] spoiler
Jimmydalad's Relationship Thread: Click here
[+] spoiler
Aria Samuels - "I-I'm sorry..."
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Prom: o
Island: o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Camilla "Cammy" Davidson - "I'll see you around, ok?"
Prom: o -> o
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Sharon Elizabeth Austin - "I know how long this could take, so I'll make this quick."
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Relationship Thread: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/9032799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o
Memories: o
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler