Something Something Be My Friend!

backslash
Mr. Danya

February 2nd, 2015, 1:09 am #1

wrote:19:38 Zarina ok I guess I'll cave and make a relationship thread
19:38 Zarina because the alternative right now is watching football
Min-jae Parker: Jae has a very take-charge attitude and has struggled with control and anger issues for most of his life, but he's been going to counseling for a couple years now and is improving. Art is his main outlet and he spends a lot of time painting and drawing and is probably in the art club, and he's very into goth music and subculture. His family is pretty well-off, both his parents are lawyers and he's an only child. They have a generally good relationship with each other but are not very close with their extended family. He has a part-time job at a movie theater and has lost any and all faith in humanity as a result. Jae has been questioning his sexuality increasingly often throughout high school, but is still very much in denial over the fact that he is probably gay and makes a concentrated effort to be interested in girls.

Looking for fellow gothy and artsy kids and anyone willing/able to put up with his attitude as friends, any not willing/able for enemies, dudes to have crushes on, etc.
[+] Spoiler
Nadia Riva - friend
Bridgette Sommerfield - friend
Oswald Howell - friend, possible crush
Hazel Jung - friend/girlfriend
Oskar Pierce - that one hyperactive ball of sunshine
Joshua Bracewell - friendly acquaintance
Moira Bellamy - friend
Ivy Langley - strong dislike
Gwen Carlisle - annoying hanger-on
Asha Sur - friend
Jasmine Reed - dear god no
Piers Klebold - totally not crushing on, nope yes he is\
Gary Kwan - acquaintance
Tabby Valenzuela - where are all these perky people coming from
Ulysses Fury - semi-friend
Abby Floyd - hangs around sometimes
Rod Kanuho - acquaintance through parents
Nathan Lovegrove: Member of the Ballet Death Squad. Quite laidback and tends to act like a mother-hen type for his friends. He's been dancing for about ten years and aspires to become a professional instructor. He has dyslexia and is self-conscious about his performance in school, which makes him shy away from reading as a recreational pastime. He does enjoy comic strips and webcomics that rely more on showing than telling. He has a younger sister who he is pretty close to, but things with his family have been strained recently because his maternal grandmother has moved in with them due to her failing health. Having to care for her has been stressful and puts extra strain on their finances, and has caused tension between Nathan's parents.

Looking for other dancers and athletic kids as friends mainly, possible tutors for schoolwork, etc.
[+] Spoiler
Danny Brooks - friend
Jacob Brooks - friend
Bridgette Sommerfeld - friend, Team Dad to Nathan's Team Mom
Joshua Bracewell - friend, tutor
Oskar Pierce - don't run with those scissors
Dante Valiero - friend
Asha Sur - friend
Ryuunoske Yoshida - new blood for the Ballet Death Squad
Jack McBride - friend
Tabby Valenzuela - primary target of Team Mom tendencies
Ulysses Fury - needs to be looked out for
Abby Floyd - friendly with

Cristobal Morales: Cristo has a sweet disposition but is very shy and clams up around strangers and large groups of people. He prefers just to hang back and people-watch, which some people find off-putting and kind of creepy. He's a member of the baseball team and other players make up most of his friend group, but he has a few other close friends. He likes emo and light punk music and is learning to play the piano. He lives with his mom and grandparents, and his mom's boyfriend is frequently around as well, though he doesn't live with the family. His mother has a restraining order against his father, and Cristo has had no contact with him since he was about two years old.

Looking for other baseball players, people with similar taste in music, and non-intimidating people for friends, intimidating people to hide from, etc.
[+] Spoiler
Vanessa Hartman - friend
Oswald Howell - friendly acquaintance
Oskar Pierce - friend
Joshua Bracewell - friend, piano buddy
Dante Valiero - friend
Moira Bellamy - terrifying
Ivy Langley - really terrifying
Gwen Carlisle - she's an underclassman, why is she so scary ;-;
Asha Sur - possible friend
Leon Valera - why you gotta be so ruuuude
Crisanto Luz - teammate, friend
Kaylee Lytton - possible friend
Rod Kanuho - terrifying
Curtis Weldon - nnnnope
Gary Kwan - nnnnnnnope
Jack McBride - possible friend
Tabby Valenzuela - pretty friendly but kind of overwhelming??
Ashley Quinn - socially awkward baseball buddy
Alex Darby - teammate, friend
Abby Floyd - BBFs 5ever
Ty Yazzie - meep
Ulysses Fury - cool dude
Raina Rose: Raina is one of those people who is well-meaning at heart but generally thinks she's smarter and more mature than she really is. Much closer to her siblings than she is to her parents, who are fairly distant and busy with work most of the time. Is currently in the "I've got the world all figured out and everyone else who doesn't is dumb" phase of adolescence. She can come off as a know-it-all or judgmental, but if you like the same anime and sci-fi shows as her she'll be your bestest friend. Raina is in the anime club at Cochise and probably robotics and mathletes as well.

Looking for friends and fellow club members, as well as people who she has irritated in the past by just assuming that she's smarter and always in the right during arguments.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Violent-Medic
Winner

February 2nd, 2015, 1:35 am #2

Danny Brooks would know Nathan, probably for a long time, as he is also part of the ballet death squad. Plus he's similarly laidback (though much more flippant and opposite-of-mother-hen.) So maybe buddies?

Sasha might get along with Lily well. As well as a mutual interest in cars, Lily has overprotective parents who tend to be strict on her which is causing strain with her family, too, so maybe they can bond over that.
[+] Spoiler

(Sprites courtesy of the awesome Fenris.)

B020 - Daniel "Danny" Brooks | Weapon: Portable CD player with batteries | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: N/A
V6 - 1 2 3 4

G002 - Lillian "Lily" Caldwell | Weapon: Army Helmet | DECEASED
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G043 - Clarice Halwood | Weapon: Can of Air Freshener | ALIVE
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[+] Spoiler
B020 - Joe Carrasco | Weapon: Dressage Whip | DECEASED - "All the wishes... impossible. Gun's enough."
PREGAME - Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1 2 3 4
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

G003 - Naomi Bell | Weapon: Electric Hedge Trimmers | DECEASED - "S-s-stop."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Prom: 1
V5 - 1 2 | Meanwhile - 1

G043 - Mallory McCormick | Weapon: Flathead Screwdriver | DECEASED - "Okay... Hospital... Then tennis..."
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V5 - 1 2 3 4 5 | Meanwhile - 1

backslash
Mr. Danya

February 2nd, 2015, 1:39 am #3

Violent-Medic wrote:Danny Brooks would know Nathan, probably for a long time, as he is also part of the ballet death squad. Plus he's similarly laidback (though much more flippant and opposite-of-mother-hen.) So maybe buddies?

Sasha might get along with Lily well. As well as a mutual interest in cars, Lily has overprotective parents who tend to be strict on her which is causing strain with her family, too, so maybe they can bond over that.
Doc and I talked about Nathan and Jacob being buds, so Nathan would probably be buds with Danny too!

Sasha would probably be down for car talk and complaining about parents with Lily too.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Laurels
Mr. Danya

February 2nd, 2015, 2:36 am #4

Min-jae looks like someone who could get along with Nadia, due to them both being artsy goths.
[+] Spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] Spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] Spoiler

Aloha
Contender

February 2nd, 2015, 4:02 am #5

Jae and Bridgette are both artsy, and he could be one of her art friends. As for Narhan, the Team Parents have to stick together, right?

Jasper and Cristo may be familiar with each other, if only because Jasper talks to him a lot.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] Spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] Spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] Spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] Spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] Spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

backslash
Mr. Danya

February 2nd, 2015, 7:45 pm #6

Laurels wrote:Min-jae looks like someone who could get along with Nadia, due to them both being artsy goths.
Yep, I can see them getting along!
wrote:Jae and Bridgette are both artsy, and he could be one of her art friends. As for Narhan, the Team Parents have to stick together, right?

Jasper and Cristo may be familiar with each other, if only because Jasper talks to him a lot.
Bridgette would probably get along fine with both the guys, and Jasper and Cristo could probably be pals if Jasper doesn't mind talking to someone who doesn't talk back all that much.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Espi
Winner

February 2nd, 2015, 8:26 pm #7

Vanessa would get along well with Cristobal and dislike Sasha. She's into baseball (well softball) and I envision her as enjoying punk music, but dislikes gamers.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Dr. Adjective
Cannon Fodder

February 2nd, 2015, 9:01 pm #8

Oswald I imagine;
Gets on well with Min-jae. Similar tastes and styles, If he's into feminine guys he might be into Os, but I dunno, it wouldn't be mutual at any rate.

Doesn't really like or dislike Nathan. No real positive or negative chemistry.

Oswald Disapproves (-10) of Sasha's stoner ways, he's very straight edge and very judgemental.

Probably on decent enough terms with Cristobal, they have some common ground and he seems inoffensive to Os's sensibilities, and I he has an affinity for outsiders for obvious reasons.
[+] Spoiler
Shipping Thread!

Heather Klein is channelling her aggression into constructive outlets.
  • Seems a bit of a neat-freak, seemingly needs everything of hers to be "perfect"
  • Does wrestling, good at grappling... but she's got a mean right hook too
  • Produces aggrowave music, releases it anonymously, never speaks of it; idolises Klayton, Bret Autrey and Daniel Graves
  • Plays keys and drums pretty good, dabbles in guitar
  • Speaks pretty good German, no comprend? romance languages
  • Budding interest in fashion/design
  • Liberal, leaning libertarian, no love for the Democrats or for the Republicans, likes her news sources "alternative"
  • Atheist too; avoids saying so, being a Chicagoan down South and all
Akiem Hampton is keeping cleaner than clean so he can chase the dream.
  • Chattanooga Owls' premier nose tackle, he's a Big Guy (...for you)
  • At church in his best every Sunday
  • Surprisingly bright, likes to study literature, maybe on the debate team, maybe not?
  • Hits like a truck; but wouldn't hurt a fly off the gridiron
  • 10/10 BBQ master, the manliest form of cooking... not bad in an actual kitchen either
  • Lives and lets live, but he still thinks y'all LGBTerrific folks are sinners
  • Politically apathetic, gets his news from the proverbial grapevine, would err on the side of Democrats if pushed
Robert "Don't Call Me Bobby" Briggs was this close to making Top 8 this time, he swears. (tentative)
  • Competitive grinder at Magic the Gathering, goes to every tournament he can get to
  • Tops the more casual events, still hasn't managed to day 2 at a GP or qualify for a PT
  • Nominally Christian, conservative background, apathetic enough to just roll with what his parents say
  • A general-purpose nerd in terms of interests and school performance; not top of the class but not far off either, likes traditional games

No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

backslash
Mr. Danya

February 3rd, 2015, 3:34 pm #9

Espi wrote:Vanessa would get along well with Cristobal and dislike Sasha. She's into baseball (well softball) and I envision her as enjoying punk music, but dislikes gamers.
Yep, I can see that working! Sasha needs more enemies and Vanessa seems like the type to get on her nerves.
wrote:Oswald I imagine;
Gets on well with Min-jae. Similar tastes and styles, If he's into feminine guys he might be into Os, but I dunno, it wouldn't be mutual at any rate.

Doesn't really like or dislike Nathan. No real positive or negative chemistry.

Oswald Disapproves (-10) of Sasha's stoner ways, he's very straight edge and very judgemental.

Probably on decent enough terms with Cristobal, they have some common ground and he seems inoffensive to Os's sensibilities, and I he has an affinity for outsiders for obvious reasons.
All of these work for me. If Jae was to have a crush on Os though, it would be a deep dark secret. dramatic music sting
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Teive
Cannon Fodder
Teive
Cannon Fodder

February 3rd, 2015, 11:44 pm #10

BartholomewNathanialRichard
Min-Jae ParkerWould want to be friends with Min. Especially to get art done [weird penchant for 'temporary tattoos' painted by artistic folk]. May be a bad influence, as he'd encourage Min to 'embrace his emotions', including angerRemind me to PM you about this, there's an idea I want to discussRichard probably looks down on Min. Art is feminine, goth is weird. If Min's had anger problems, Richard and him may have fought in the past?
Nathan LovegroveBartholomew is a dancer, and potentially will join up with this Ballet Death Squad. If not, may just like to talk [God damn it I didn't remember seeing a Nathan before]
Cheer and Dance are fairly similar, but Nathanial would probably mock Nathan if he ever found out about the latte'rs struggles with school
Richard would definitely try to talk down to Nathan for his ballet. Comments about masculinity, but the 'Team-Dad' role may have some impact. There may be something to play with there.
Sasha FuryAcquaintance probably, but video games and weed tend to slow him down too much. Unfriendly acquaintance, but nothing pops up as particularly grating between the twoRichard may try to hit on/hook up with Sasha. Probably teases her interests in cars/motorcycles.
Cristobal MoralesIf Bartholomew sees Cristobal watching, he'll probably take it as a challenge to entertain the audience and go even bigger than he normally would. May consider Cristobal his biggest critic [depending on how Cristobal reacts to him]Respect because of the baseball team. Nathanial probably likes Cristobal because he stays quiet and doesn't provide new/challenging situations too often. Probably respects Cristobal as an athlete, and would try to bring him into his 'circle'.
Those are just my initial thoughts on my reactions to you, I didn't want to say what your characters would think of mine, but I"d love to hear
[+] Spoiler

Bartholomew B-Money Sanderson: Unapologetic freak: 'All the world's a stage, and I'm the star!'

Nathanial Jones: Cheerleader, believer in hierarchy: 'No no baby, of course you're better than her--you ARE a cheerleader.'

Richard Samuels: Wrestler and wanna-be alpha 'I know what I want, and that's what I get.'

SansaSaver
Player

February 4th, 2015, 12:30 am #11

Hazel about Min-Jae: “ baeeeeeee”
As for my other bbys, Joshua & Oskar would defs get along with him – or, at least, tolerate him. He and Oskar could flip their emo fringes together and since Oskar wants to friends with everybody and loooooves music, he’d defs try and ask him about gosh music and be his frahnnnnnddddd. And ‘cause Josh is just involved in so many high-profile clubs (and some low-profile) around the school, he’d defs know at Min-Jae, at least; maybe he could’ve interviewed him for the school yearbook sometime? c:

For Nathan, Joshua could totally tutor him! And since he’s all ~volunteerrrrr~ he’d definitely do it for free – even help Nathan out even more if he knew about his financial situation. Hazel’s vaguely tied to the ballet death troupe as she’s Jacob’s ex, so there’s something there~ And Oskar’s friendly and peppy and would probably flock to anyone who’s motherly, like Nathan is!

I can’t immediately see anything with Sasha; Hazel would be apathetic, and Joshua and Oskar mild acquaintances/classmates at best – though Oskar would always make an effort, wooo!

With Cristobal, Hazel would probably find the people-watching a bit creepy, because she likely wouldn’t be well-enough acquainted with him to know that he’s a tad shy~ Oskar would probably try and make an effort to bring him out of his shell; since he’s a tad timid himself with lingering childhood shyness (and smothers it by being ENDLESSLY BUBBLY) he’d probably see Cristobal as a vague sorta kindred spirit – if that makes any sense XP Joshua’s a pianist too, and they could totally rock out and practice together! <3
Version Seven:
Tristan O?Hara
Dorothea Rodriguez
Ariana Simpson
[+] Spoiler
Version Five:
B049 ? Maynard Hurst
G060 ? Mirabella Strong

Version Six:
B004 ? Joshua Bracewell
? Adopted by Ciel
G026 ? Hazel Jung ? Adopted by Ruggahissy
B027 ? Oskar Pearce ? Adopted by NAFT

Fenris
Player

February 4th, 2015, 5:31 am #12

Spiel time is a go:

You have female characters. I have Dante Valiero. Bio here, he's at least known to every girl in the school, since he's flirted with all of them at least once over the years. How they respond to that is totally up to you, but yes, at least once a tall handsome Italian boy has swanned up to them, handed them a rose and called them beautiful. It's what he does.

Besides that, Jae and Moira would get on; her adopted personality is a counter-culture type with a bad attitude. She'd secretly be a little intimidated by him and honestly she might have a bit of a crush on him. Cristobal would probably be terrified of both Moira and Ivy, but might be friends with Dante (he's suitably non-intimidating, since he doesn't have a mean bone in his body).

Can I just mention how much I love the name Cristobal? Because I do.

EDIT: Once again I completely fail to notice that you posted in my thread before ;w; All of this still pretty much stands, though! I don't think Ivy would really care one way or the other about Jae, but I'd expect him to strongly dislike her. And Dante & Nathan as friends sounds good to me too. ^^
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] Spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] Spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

backslash
Mr. Danya

February 4th, 2015, 6:53 pm #13

Teive, I'mma PM you because I feel like there's a lot to discuss here and it might clutter up the thread. Also I think that's the first time I've seen the table code actually used on zetaboards. Props.
wrote:Hazel about Min-Jae: “ baeeeeeee”
As for my other bbys, Joshua & Oskar would defs get along with him – or, at least, tolerate him. He and Oskar could flip their emo fringes together and since Oskar wants to friends with everybody and loooooves music, he’d defs try and ask him about gosh music and be his frahnnnnnddddd. And ‘cause Josh is just involved in so many high-profile clubs (and some low-profile) around the school, he’d defs know at Min-Jae, at least; maybe he could’ve interviewed him for the school yearbook sometime? c:

For Nathan, Joshua could totally tutor him! And since he’s all ~volunteerrrrr~ he’d definitely do it for free – even help Nathan out even more if he knew about his financial situation. Hazel’s vaguely tied to the ballet death troupe as she’s Jacob’s ex, so there’s something there~ And Oskar’s friendly and peppy and would probably flock to anyone who’s motherly, like Nathan is!

I can’t immediately see anything with Sasha; Hazel would be apathetic, and Joshua and Oskar mild acquaintances/classmates at best – though Oskar would always make an effort, wooo!

With Cristobal, Hazel would probably find the people-watching a bit creepy, because she likely wouldn’t be well-enough acquainted with him to know that he’s a tad shy~ Oskar would probably try and make an effort to bring him out of his shell; since he’s a tad timid himself with lingering childhood shyness (and smothers it by being ENDLESSLY BUBBLY) he’d probably see Cristobal as a vague sorta kindred spirit – if that makes any sense XP Joshua’s a pianist too, and they could totally rock out and practice together! <3
Totes hooking Jae and Hazel up. Even though it's doomed. Especially because it's doomed. I think he'd find Oskar overwhelming after a while and prefer his company in small doses, but he'd definitely be down to give him a lecture on the entire history of goth rock. He and Josh would probably know each other through the art club as well, but I don't know if they'd really be more than acquaintances.

Nathan would really appreciate having Josh as a tutor! He'd definitely be aware of Hazel as Jacob's ex and try to encourage them to be at least civil to each other, and he could like pat Oskar on the head and tell him to stay out of trouble because Oskar seems like the kind to bumble into trouble.

Cristo would appreciate Oskar's effort, and if Oskar ever opened up to him about his past shyness they could definitely bond over it. He and Josh can definitely be piano buddies and he might ask Josh to give him some pointers too, if he's experienced.
wrote:You have female characters. I have Dante Valiero. Bio here, he's at least known to every girl in the school, since he's flirted with all of them at least once over the years. How they respond to that is totally up to you, but yes, at least once a tall handsome Italian boy has swanned up to them, handed them a rose and called them beautiful. It's what he does.

Besides that, Jae and Moira would get on; her adopted personality is a counter-culture type with a bad attitude. She'd secretly be a little intimidated by him and honestly she might have a bit of a crush on him. Cristobal would probably be terrified of both Moira and Ivy, but might be friends with Dante (he's suitably non-intimidating, since he doesn't have a mean bone in his body).

Can I just mention how much I love the name Cristobal? Because I do.

EDIT: Once again I completely fail to notice that you posted in my thread before ;w; All of this still pretty much stands, though! I don't think Ivy would really care one way or the other about Jae, but I'd expect him to strongly dislike her. And Dante & Nathan as friends sounds good to me too. ^^
Sasha would be mildly interested in Dante at best, most likely, but she wouldn't be outright hostile to him since he's harmless enough. Jae and Moira as friends definitely works and he can stare hatefully at Ivy while she is indifferent to his presence.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Fenris
Player

February 6th, 2015, 8:03 pm #14

New character incoming: Gwen would probably have a thing for both Jae and Cristobal; Jae would probably be annoyed by her and Cristobal would probably be freaked out by the attention, I imagine. She might get on okay with Sasha, though.

"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] Spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] Spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

dmboogie
Winner

February 14th, 2015, 3:33 am #15

As an artsy goth, Asha would get along very well with Jae, and she'd be bros with Nathan via ballet. I think she would also make an effort to try and talk to Cristo, but I'm not sure if she'd successfully do so. Probably have an equally likely chance of scaring the poor boy away. :V

Rose is a fan of the vidya, and could be bros with Sasha, though she wouldn't want anything to do with drugs.

Leon would likely intimidate the shit out of Cristo.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Asha Sur: GIRL 018, armed with a TASER. "Let's all embrace nihilism and be nice!"
Cass Prince: HUMAN 001, armed with a MOP. "It's all falling apart, isn't it? We're unravelling."
[+] Spoiler
V6
Harold Porter: BOY 034, armed with a COFFEE POT. "Hey - none of this... none of this is your fault, alright?" Messed up. Plain and simple.

V5
Daniel Whitten: BOY 074, armed with an INDIANA JONES REPLICA WHIP. "Oh, hey, sorry. Didn't think there was anyone else-" Died early.
Alice Gilman: GIRL 064, armed with a ROTATO. "Just... Just wanted you to drop the gun. Thought you were gonna shoot." Died stupidly.
Michael Mitchellson:BOY 019, armed with a FUCKING AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN. Died a failure.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Daniel Whitten

By Violent-Medic

Michael Mitchellson

By Violent-Medic

By Mimi

Alice Gilman

By TurtleTyrant