backslash
Mr. Danya

February 19th, 2015, 8:08 pm #16

wrote:New character incoming: Gwen would probably have a thing for both Jae and Cristobal; Jae would probably be annoyed by her and Cristobal would probably be freaked out by the attention, I imagine. She might get on okay with Sasha, though.
Sasha might find her attitude annoying but put up with her for video game talk and whatnot. The other two sound about right for how that would work out.
wrote:As an artsy goth, Asha would get along very well with Jae, and she'd be bros with Nathan via ballet. I think she would also make an effort to try and talk to Cristo, but I'm not sure if she'd successfully do so. Probably have an equally likely chance of scaring the poor boy away. :V

Rose is a fan of the vidya, and could be bros with Sasha, though she wouldn't want anything to do with drugs.

Leon would likely intimidate the shit out of Cristo.
If Asha isn't too overbearing, she could probably get Cristo to open up a bit, and she'd probably get on well enough with both Jae and Nathan.

As long as Rose didn't get on her case for smoking, Sasha would be fine with her.

And yeah, Leon would be the kind of person who Cristo tries to hide from.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

March 11th, 2015, 6:54 am #17

Crisanto Luz would be a teammate of Cristobal's. When he cares about things he's actually quite clever and driven, and I imagine he's a solid, team-oriented player. Might make jokes about their names though ("Hey, it's Team Double Cris!"), and possibly be a bit depressing to be around outside of a team context. Seems like they'd be chill though. Seems like Cris would be amused by his shy disposition and try to get Cristo to go to parties and get high and not worry about shit. I'm divided on if Kaylee would find Cristo a bit creepy, or if she'd think he's cute and be a bit drawn to him. We can discuss that. Rod kind of conveys a really intense and intimidating demeanour without really consciously trying, so maybe he's someone Cristo is scared of. Chance he'd hide from Curtis too, given he's a huge competitive powerlifter.

We said Curtis would sell to Sasha and get on okay with her otherwise, unless she was deliberately trying to piss him off, and I think we speculated he turned on the "scary drug dealer" thing with her once and that was enough to get her to stop poking him. Think we said Sasha and Cris would be stoner buddies too.

Can't remember what else we established right now. Let me know if you remember anything or we can hash more out next I see you in chat.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

backslash
Mr. Danya

March 13th, 2015, 6:18 pm #18

The Burned Handler wrote:Crisanto Luz would be a teammate of Cristobal's. When he cares about things he's actually quite clever and driven, and I imagine he's a solid, team-oriented player. Might make jokes about their names though ("Hey, it's Team Double Cris!"), and possibly be a bit depressing to be around outside of a team context. Seems like they'd be chill though. Seems like Cris would be amused by his shy disposition and try to get Cristo to go to parties and get high and not worry about shit. I'm divided on if Kaylee would find Cristo a bit creepy, or if she'd think he's cute and be a bit drawn to him. We can discuss that. Rod kind of conveys a really intense and intimidating demeanour without really consciously trying, so maybe he's someone Cristo is scared of. Chance he'd hide from Curtis too, given he's a huge competitive powerlifter.

We said Curtis would sell to Sasha and get on okay with her otherwise, unless she was deliberately trying to piss him off, and I think we speculated he turned on the "scary drug dealer" thing with her once and that was enough to get her to stop poking him. Think we said Sasha and Cris would be stoner buddies too.

Can't remember what else we established right now. Let me know if you remember anything or we can hash more out next I see you in chat.
All of that sounds about right to me, I'll hit you up if I think of anything else that we forgot.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Pancapples
Cannon Fodder
Pancapples
Cannon Fodder

March 13th, 2015, 9:12 pm #19

Aaaaaaand here we go!

Gary would probably have some kind of weird respect for Min-Jae, given his take-charge attitude. They might even maybe possibly be friends! He also might be cool with Sasha and possibly friends due to their shared apathy! Hurray for not giving a fuck! And to top it off, Cristo would likely be pretty afraid of good old "Go fuck yourself" Gary.

Jack would take kindly to Nathan, mostly as a result of any overlap between ballet and theatre as well as just plain appreciating his ballet talent and friendliness and holy run-on sentence, Batman! He'd also probably try his absolute darnedest to be friends with Cristobal.

Tabby would try as hard as she could to be friends with all of them, especially Sasha due to shared interest in video games. However, I could see them clashing a little due to personality differences. She'd like Min-Jae due to him also wearing a lot of black, a rare sight to see in the Mojave. Tabby and Nathan would get along decently, both having a generally good attitude about life. Cristo? She'd notice his diffidence right away and make being his friend her number one priority. How this works out is up to you.
Song currently stuck in my head: UNLIMITS - Shinkirō

Characters

V6 (Pregame)

Gary Kwan - "Fuck you." - I-II

backslash
Mr. Danya

March 30th, 2015, 4:01 pm #20

Pancapples wrote:Aaaaaaand here we go!

Gary would probably have some kind of weird respect for Min-Jae, given his take-charge attitude. They might even maybe possibly be friends! He also might be cool with Sasha and possibly friends due to their shared apathy! Hurray for not giving a fuck! And to top it off, Cristo would likely be pretty afraid of good old "Go fuck yourself" Gary.

Jack would take kindly to Nathan, mostly as a result of any overlap between ballet and theatre as well as just plain appreciating his ballet talent and friendliness and holy run-on sentence, Batman! He'd also probably try his absolute darnedest to be friends with Cristobal.

Tabby would try as hard as she could to be friends with all of them, especially Sasha due to shared interest in video games. However, I could see them clashing a little due to personality differences. She'd like Min-Jae due to him also wearing a lot of black, a rare sight to see in the Mojave. Tabby and Nathan would get along decently, both having a generally good attitude about life. Cristo? She'd notice his diffidence right away and make being his friend her number one priority. How this works out is up to you.
Wow it took me a good long time to respond to this didn't it!

I can see Jae and Gary having a kind of respect for each other, if not exactly any desire to be friends. Gary and Sasha can most definitely sit around and not give a shit together, and Cristo would probably avoid him if possible.

Nathan and Jack could definitely be friends. How Cristobal reacts to Jack would depend on how he goes about trying to be friends.

Tabby and Sasha could probably talk games, though probably not for extended periods of time with how their personalities clash. More or less the same kind of thing with Jae, they have some shared interests but clash personality-wise. Nathan would definitely have the urge to try and mother Tabby and keep her out of trouble, and Cristo would probably run away.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Emprexx Plush
Mr. Danya

April 4th, 2015, 8:17 pm #21

We've done some stuff in chat, but I'll give you the works here!
On Min-Jae
I feel like Ulysses will either get along with him, or Jae will hate him. Like, just a lot. It depends on how tolerant he'd be of Ulysses' antics.

Alex and Jacob probably don't interact with him much.

Abby might spend some time trying to get through his grump and would be very interested in his art.

Ty could be a potential crush? Alex and Jacob are options as well, actually, but Ty seems more likely to interact with him consistently.
On Nathan
I think Ulysses would know him and be pretty decent friends with him. They're both pretty laid back, so they're alright acquaintances.

We've talked about how he and Jacob are old friends growing up, so that.

Alex and Ty probably don't interact with him much.

Abby would be friendly towards him, I think they could get along based on their personalities, and she likes artists in general.
On Sasha
Ulysses and Sasha are secret lovers step-sibling stoners, as we've worked out. I can't think of anything with my other four, though.
On Cristoban
Alex is on the baseball team now as their catcher, and has been playing almost as long as he's been in Kingman, so there's a good chance they know each other pretty well. He tries not to come off as intimidating, so they could be pretty decent friends.

We've talked about Cris and Abby being besties who play music and people-watch together and they're adorable.

Ty could be another scary, intimidating guy that he tries to avoid.

He and Ulysses could bond over musical tastes? Ulysses touches a little bit of everything and is huge into the local music sing in Kingman, so I think they'd know each other.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
G056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
[+] Spoiler
B062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
[+] Spoiler
B014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
Isaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars

NPCs:
Jacob Brooks: ... Character Theme: 1812 Overture-Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
[+] Spoiler
Blaise d'Aramitz: Blonde Hair, Black Lungs-Sorority Noise
Helena 'Hel" Fury: Okay, but riddle me this: where in the rulebook does it say it's not a series of automatic critical hits if I Flurry of Blows an ogre's nutsack like a speedbag? Bad Liar-Selena Gomez
Jeremiah Widdlestone: NOT--FOR--YOU 911/Mr. Lonely-Tyler The Creator
Damian Riccardo Maradona Reyes: I'll go all day, all week, all year if I gotta, big guy. Just try and stop me. Years Of War-Porter Robinson
Barbara "Babs" Mulaney: One. Deux. Tres. Vier. Fem. Yug. Haft. Aath. Dyev-yat. Dez. Might Tell You Tonight-Scissor Sisters
Zyzzx Rigs: Last of the first, folks. Light me up.You Know You Like It - DJ Snake ft.
AlunaGeorge
[+] Spoiler
Some Guy Probably: A thing he said? Character Theme: Flyers-Bradio
Alex Darby: Let's weigh what everyone brings to the table, and find a suitable compromise. It's in your best interest. Character theme: Devil's Gift-Shaman's Harvest
[+] Spoiler
Plush Wants To Read Your Dead Things and your Living Things! As of 8/14/2017, the Living Queue is Closed, and the Dead Queue is Open!

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

April 8th, 2015, 12:10 pm #22

I had a new idea I wanted to get down somewhere before I forgot - I've been thinking Rod Kanuho's dad is a public defender, but now I'm thinking he used to be a PD but started a firm before Rod's birth to better provide for his family. Kingman's not a big place, though it has quite a few RL law practises - I imagine it's the kind of joint where the lawyers in town are all at least familiar with each other, so maybe the Parkers and the Kanuhos know each other, and from that family familiarity so do Min-Jae and Rod? We can hash out how well acquainted they might be, if they get on, how the families are affiliated (rivals, work partners, whatever), etc. if you like. He could have some familiarity with Kaylee, too, I imagine she goes to the movies somewhat frequently and could have runins with him at the theatre.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

backslash
Mr. Danya

April 18th, 2015, 8:52 pm #23

Discussed these with both of you over chat, so I'm not going to repeat myself here, but the first post has been updated.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

November 7th, 2015, 4:40 pm #24

Gonna go ahead and bump this since I'm officially dropping Sasha and have a new fourth character who needs relationships.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler