Small Room House

Cicada Days
Winner

March 7th, 2018, 2:33 pm #1

"Telling y'all. Shit's genius."

Charelle's 'smiling like an idiot' smile tended to be especially stupid looking, if you asked her. It was all lazy and big cheeks. She closed the Soundcloud window on her laptop and let one of her friends take the metaphorical aux.

If she had to paint the scene, well. Herself and two of her friends. And that was about all she had to say on the matter.

Rest of the scene involved her cozy bedroom in her Dad's boyfriend's (Dad 2.0's) big ass two story condo right overlooking the waterfront. Kinda empty, pretty much just a bed and walls and a desk she never did homework on. She'd said, 'hey, why not use all this space for music equips. Like. When we actually have music equips'. And then she'd said other stuff, probably. She didn't know. The whole conversation had meandered a ton and Charelle had stopped tracking it around the whole swerve into whether Avicii doing country music was legit or not. Her opinion, by the by, was that she didn't have an opinion and that Avicii needed to remix Cotton Eye Joe while he was at it. Just imagine that ish. The shitty kick drum aesthetics.

Charelle lazily climbed her legs up her wall, her body a ninety degree angle and her knee kinda hurting.

"What about... DJ Crow-ger. Kroger. Get it?" Charelle wasn't sure if they were still talking DJ names, but whatever, random access memory time.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
"C'mon! It's just a prank, bro."

- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4
Unofficial Theme : 'When it's clear to everybody I'm always the last to know.'
Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Character Relationships (no longer updated)
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
- Memories - 1 2 3 4 5 - Pregame - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - Sadie Hawkins - 1 2
[+] Spoiler
"Hope that's good enough."
- Arsenal - Bag of dried chipotle chilies (LOST)
- Island - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
- Memories - 1 - Pregame - 1 - Sadie Hawkins -
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Arsenal - The 'Man Catcher' (LOST)
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1
Sprite credit to Fenris (Ben Fields) and Yugikun (Tina Luz).

Brackie
Winner

March 15th, 2018, 11:29 pm #2

Mikki had never been in Charelle's room before.

It was a nice fucking room. The bed was probably worth more than one of her neighbourhood's houses.

So while she was showing her and Forrest the Soundcloud sample she'd found, Mikki wasn't exactly paying attention. The window of the room had a view, oh god it had a view. The only view from Mikki's room was the one she watched her neighbour and his "business partner" smoke something pungent through the backyard fence. So even though she and Forrest and Charelle were there for a reason, Mikki just couldn't help but sit and take everything in.

She was kind of jealous. This would be the best kind of place to live in. Mikki would have no problems in life if she lived here.

When the music stopped, Mikki snapped back to pretending she was paying attention. The whole reason she was here was because it was Mikki's idea in the first place for them to become Chattanooga's premiere teenage all-female DJ collective, and she'd been friends with them enough and heard enough of their stuff to start to stop dreaming and start to start being it, and this was supposed to be their first meeting. If she wanted to gawk over her friend's cool apartment she could do that in a few years or on her own time.

Oh, and Charelle just tried to make her DJ name a pun. There would be none of that, but first thing was first.

"So-" Mikki started, being fully prepared for what she knew would be her lifetime of shooting down ideas, good or otherwise, "I get that this is like, a thing, but...I dunno if I want that to be our thing? I mean obviously we can't be, like, y'know, one of those really shitty music guys who think they're the best and are mega downers and stuff, but...well, we can learn how to be funny. Make people laugh and stuff. Just like, without it ruining anything. Y'know what I mean?"

She gave herself a brief pause before moving onto the other thing, without waiting to find out if Forrest and Charelle in fact knew exactly what she meant.

"Crow-ger, though. I mean...we can write it down. There's lots of stuff we can do though. I watch this gaming series on Youtube, and they had a good one we can steal because it ain't real, and I saw this fuckin' hilarious thing on Tumblr that'd be good. I mean, like, depends on where on the internet you wanna take it from, I guess? But Crow-ger...yeah, I guess we'll just write it down."

If only there was one more person at the school who wanted to be in their group. Mikki would make them the leader, so they'd actually have someone to talk about these ideas. What, was Mikki going to do it? No way, ho say.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
Brendan Wallace is a coward.
Clio Gabriella wanted to go home.
Paige Strand needed to run.
Jacob Charles had to put back his pieces.
Aston Bennett was better than you.
Ma'afu Tuigamala made the ultimate mistake.
[+] Spoiler
v5
Janie Sinneave wanted to ride in the clouds.
[+] Spoiler
v6
Maxim Kehlenbrink did nothing wrong.
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Allegra Varley - "Bet you I can jump from here to that boat." - Risk
Truann Coleman - "Please stop saying that." - Rage
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

March 20th, 2018, 4:01 pm #3

"D...J...HELL KITTY, in all caps." Forrest's dull tones came from her position on the floor. She was lying on her back while her hands were held up above her forming out the letters of the alter ego she had been cultivating online for the past four, five or six years of her life. She didn't know for sure because she didn't keep track of time like that. Forrest had acquired a modicum of YouTube remix celebrity people would view, like/dislike and comment on her stuff and that was nice an' all. Soundcloud also got clicks sure but her actual live DJ work had been few and far between, normally it consisted of someone she knew at a party asking her to work the iPod for them or if she was lucky one of her other brought the savior that was the decks with them so they could all worship the lord of the bass, or get high on Molly, whatever they wanted really. Whatever made the world right. In the general atmosphere and climate, not the weather, people like the be free for a while.

In her main view, as she absently scratched at the shaved part of her head—a habit she had developed since she had first shaved it all off—was that they already had the market cornered on the general DJ experience. People would want them to be at their parties by virtue of them offering to make the parties fun. The same way people invited the dealer. Their main scene, did they have a real scene? Their main scene was lying around talking about maybe making music someday when the moon aligned with Saturn and Krypton.

Waiting for extraplanar assistance turned out to not be the most productive plan in the world. So she assumed that was why Mikki had called the meeting, that or they were going to split the stocks.

As she lay there contemplating what they could do a sudden thought broke its way into her slowly working mind, spurred on by what Charelle had already played to them.

"We should remix the iPhone ringtone, and slid it into the middle of the set. That or Adam's Song, just to see who notices."
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Cicada Days
Winner

March 22nd, 2018, 1:23 am #4

From downstairs there was loud masculine yelling and cheering. Sounded like a sports game viewing or something. Only, it was her two dads watching, like, an episode of Sex in the City or something? Afterwards, Genetic Dad's voice drifted up the stairs. Did they want anything?

Probably her responsibility to answer, but Charelle went ahead and took the initiative to not answer.

From her position half laid over the floor like she was dead (rip) she surveyed her friends. Mikki was, like, expending all that brain power and stuff. Forrest was chilling. Playing with her hair. Like, Charelle sometimes idly wondered what that shaved part of her 'do felt like to the touch. Occasionally, Charelle wondered a bit too hard. Like, what was the sich on flirting with a best friend? Good, bad? It felt a bit off-putting so Charelle didn't do it, but like, she didn't really know why she didn't do it.

Okay hold up, Mikki was saying stuff. Actually, so was Forrest. Man, all these people saying words and things, Charelle was feeling that peer pressure to also be vocally productive like whoa.

"Didn't know you were a capitalist, Forrest. What up with all this Adam?"

Charelle took her usual moment to not say anything and not think about what she was going to say next. Her legs were beginning to drift away from the wall at an angle. Suddenly, her side-thighs felt rather tight and tense but eh, she was too lazy to try and move her legs back to where they belonged.

"Funny stuff, though," she blurted out. "Show us the goods, Mikki."

Her legs were really starting to actually hurt, weirdly. Huh. She stared at them, fascinated as gravity continued to slowly grow the odd angle they dangled at.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Sprite credit to Yugikun (Beryl Mahelona, Gyu-ri Christensen, and Demetri Fustcher) and Fenris (Charelle Chernyshyova, Ramsey Cortez, and Joanne Coleman).
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
"And you were the one looking to pick a fight. Don't complain when you don't get the one you want."
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Brackie
Winner

April 15th, 2018, 2:18 pm #5

Oh Forrest. You and your inability to pay attention. Or, y'know, pay attention but not really care. El oh el.

Ignoring Forrest for the moment, Mikki snaked her hand into her back jean pocket and pulled out her iPhone.

"Okay, so first up. YouTube thing."

Game Grumps came up in her recommended watchings when she was on YouTube one day, and she had no idea why. She didn't like video games, at least not to the extent that people like Forrest or others or those guys did, but then one day she had a thing called "DJ Spinarak" autoplayed at her while she was listening to other things. Maybe the all-knowing algorithm was being stupid again, or maybe it was trying to push Mikki into a lifetime of being a pro video gamer, which honestly wouldn't be the worst option come to think of it. She'd rock at it. Or maybe she'd been letting these two use her phone too much. But she did her research, found out Spinarak was some weird Pokemon spider thing, and also found out nobody big or notable or anything or anyone with a playlist more than 3 years updated had taken the name, so now it was on the big old list in Mikki's head, which she would eventually foist onto Charelle. Couldn't be any worse than Crow-ger, at least.

She pulled up the video and held out the phone.

"The video's nothing, or the music, it's whatever, but that's a pretty cool name, I think. I mean I wouldn't have it, but for you Charelle, it'd be pretty cool."

Mikki let a pause run through the air before following it up with a saving grace.

"Or there's the Tumblr thing. I've got that too."

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
[+] Spoiler
v5
[+] Spoiler
v6
[+] Spoiler
Ezra Landau - "Pretty sure the point of life is to indulge and be pretty." - Philosophy
Hayden Lockwood - "Come to the march this Saturday and I'll show you a good time." - Pride
Anya Van Doren - "Dunno why I did it. Dunno why it's your business." - Duplicity

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

June 15th, 2018, 4:32 pm #6

The name bounced around Forrest's head for a few seconds as she tried to figure out where she recognized the Spinarak part from until eventually, the answer hit her in the face like a string shot...ok that was...way more sexual than she had initially thought it would sound. But! The point remained the same.

"If you want a Pokemon name that does give you at least eight-hundred potential names. DJ Pikachu, DJ Butterfree, DJ MEW, DJ Mudkipz, DJ Fire Chicken. There's a lot of options there. You could even be really out there and not use the letters D and J. But that may confuse people."

Forrest's actual job in terms of group planning was to not. As in not do anything and let the adults sort the situation out, although the level of adult they were at was on shaky, dubious ground. Between her and Charelle they could just about organize a meal out. So in terms of competency, they weren't doing the best. Probably a good thing Mikki had decided to take over guiding the conversation in that case. Forrest certainly would have made music with the group, in fact, she had been making music at a steady pace for a long time now but that was more of an ad-hoc thing she did for her own enjoyment and amusement.

Not that she was implying that making music and DJ'ing with her two best friends wasn't fun, it was the opposite but it required more organization and that, as had been made clear, was not something they were all that great at.

"What's the tumblr thing?"
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] Spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] Spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

Cicada Days
Winner

June 19th, 2018, 12:42 pm #7

"I mean if we're talking Pokemans then W-T-F on not even considering group name: 'To Protect The World From Devastation'." And like, to Charelle, it made at least some sense. EDM and shit 'united-...ed all peoples within our nation'.

She continued to watch herself in the third person. She looked weird and mad hot in some casually narcissistic-like way.

"DJ E-V."

Pause occurred.

"DJ Fursona." Wait... where had that one come from? Like, Charelle lost the logical thread connecting her thoughts. She was floating around in her own simulation and look at the right angle parallel to reality. Wait, shit. Which one was parallel and which one was perpendicular. Her next quiz in Rem Geometry was, like, tomorrow or something. Hilarity seemed likely to ensue. Charelle liked to doodle the triangles on the test paper into cool swords and shit when she didn't have legit answers. Zabuza-sword ass hypotenuses.

"... DJ YifF-eels," Charelle concluded with lax confidence, lazily curling up into a slightly painful ball. Like, RIP the knee. She really had to stop putting weight on it one of these days. For now she kept pressing it into the ground to support her lying on her side.

"Also this song sounds like a shitty Nitro Fun song. Samples ain't exactly Yeezy."

Pause.......................................

"Tumblr thing, let's go."
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Extra art by Mimi! (1)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Hero | Swap
[+] Spoiler

B036 - Dead
(Adopted from Yugikun)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
- Meanwhile - 1 2
[+] Spoiler

G047 - Dead
[+] Spoiler
"It's Tina."
[+] Spoiler
"You're nothing."
- Island - 1 2
- Meanwhile - 1
- ??? - 1

Brackie
Winner

July 30th, 2018, 2:52 pm #8

Mikki wasn't a nerd but she was pretty sure Fire Chicken wasn't a Pokemon. It was probably referencing a Pokemon or something but there was probably not an actual Pokemon called Fire Chicken. At least... shit, was there?

Yeah, obviously there were a bajillion Pokemon names, Forrest, but none of them had "spin" in it, did they? Spin? Like a DJ? You know, get it? She probably wouldn't get it, because Mikki wasn't actually saying any of that, but still, Mikki had a method to her madness, an inkling to her insanity. It wasn't just all random.

That wasn't even getting into what Charelle was actually spouting off, to which Mikki was completely in the dark and had no idea what the train of thought was. But, eventually, attention turned back to her for the Tumblr thing, so Mikki brought the smile back to her face, closed the apps, and went to her photos, where she saved the meme she'd found not too long ago. It was probably ancient stuff, she didn't remember it appearing on her Facebook feed, and that's where all the popular memes appeared because she got tagged in the comments of all of them. But it stuck with her, if only due to randomness. It looked like one thing then turned into another.

"So, Charelle, how would you like to be-"

Mikki held the phone up to both her friends.

"DJ MoonMoon?"

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
v4
[+] Spoiler
v5
[+] Spoiler
v6
[+] Spoiler