Slasher RP take 2

umop-ap!sdn
Player

January 16th, 2013, 4:57 am #1

Tried this before and had some people forget about it (missing 2 very central characters) sooo it ended quickly. Anyway I thought I was done with the concept until I watched "Cabin in the Woods" and my brain turned back into mush.

here is the original post

Same everything applies! Post your ideas for plot, and if there's a popular one, we go with it. We had some strange witchy thing last time, but didn't even get to a point where we could set it all up. Considerer everything scrapped from last time entirely.

Last time our starting plot (horror story aside) was college students taking a film class going on a camping trip where their eccentric teacher tells a horror story that inevitably ends up being true. Please post if you have a different idea for the setting, and if you have an idea for the campfire story itself. I also would not be oppossed to doing a "Cabin in the Woods" rp in which the characters would be able to escape based on clues.

Also character concepts are also welcome! Last time we kind of stuck to cliches (which in this genre is 100% acceptable) but don't feel limited to that! This is a just for fun rp, so there is no need to create complex characters. Not saying tropes are encouraged or discouraged, but they are acceptable.

The main five cliche characters are usually as follows (via Cabin in the Woods itself):

The Whore: Niki (Will)
---Also a bitch, also dating Curt.
The Athlete: Curt (Nuggets)
---Handsome, dumb, cocky.
The Fool: Logan (Nytie)
---Loves. the. weed.
The Scholar: Rory (LeAloha)
---Smart, Irish, and conservative.
The Virgin: Holly (Laurels)
---Messy appearance, very introverted, hates blood.

Additional and optional ones include:

The Follower: Holden (Nuggets)
---Ties to act like Curt, awkward otherwise. Friendly if Curt isn't around.
The Movie-buff: Damon (Daemon)
---Also a stoner, motorcross fan, and dare-enthusiast.
The Comedian (Always brightens mood, doesn't take anything seriously. Probably overweight.)
The Goth: Rachel (Aristeia)
---Selectively friendly, depressive, typical goth.
The Wannabe: Missy (Nuggets)
---Tries to be Niki's number 2, desperate for attention.

More Original Characters

The Biker Chick: Diz (Deamon)
---Tats, bald, attitude.
Angry Homosexual: Alec (Jimmydalad)
---Angry, smart, and hot for Curt.
"Positive" Girl: Erica (Will)
---Open minded good girl.
Rude guy who can''t get any: Luke (MrMissMrs Random)
---Meh grades. Occasional asssshole.

Other necessary characters will then be the killer(s) and one or more authority figures.

Laurels
Mr. Danya

January 16th, 2013, 5:14 am #2

I wouldn't mind reusing the character I had from the other version:

Holly Thorwald: The Virgin

A girl with messy blonde hair and large glasses, Holly is an Art History major who is pretty shy around her classmates and can be a bit intimidated by loud people. Sometimes stutters and is a bit afraid of blood.

So yeah.
[+] spoiler
Nadia Riva
"You don't think I'm pretty enough to be a model? And you're telling me while wearing that face?"

Noah Whitley
"You look like you could use a laugh, and I have just the joke for that."

Alba Reyes
"Woo hoo! Three holes in one! That's a new record!"
[+] spoiler
Girl #007-Rachael Langdon
"I really am going to die, aren't I? Oh god, what am I going to do?"

Armed with a Solar Powered Scientific Calculator
Stabbed with a sword by Marcus Leung.
Girl #018-Claire Monaghan
"You know, I always thought I'd be seen by millions. Fuck Murphy's Law."

Armed with a Shotgun Flashlight (1 Bullet) and a bulletproof vest

Girl #035-Sophie McDowell
"People often find inspiration in the darkest times. I guess I can too."
Killed by a grenade thrown by Summer Simms

Armed with a lead pipe.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

19:10 Laurelena: When octopi eat hamsters, the resulting laughter is a mix of colorful idiocy and dainty ice skating

18:10 Mimi: "how many nipples does Miss Piggy REALLY have?"

16:57 Mimi play Fergaliscious
16:58 Mimi IF YOU EVER WANT FANS
16:58 Mimi YOU NEED FERALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi FERGALISCIOUS
16:58 Mimi Omg
16:58 Mimi feral-liscious
16:58 Mimi that's
16:58 Mimi blowing my mind

16:57 KamiKaze Laurie, if you ever become a mod, let it be known that one day you will critique someone's profile who had a girl killing her family friend because he raped her, and the person will insult you by calling you a talking Oshawott doll.

21:42Acidic i AM ANAL WART MAN

00:19Delroy.... I HAVE AN IMAGE OF HANSEL FUCKING TRAVIS WITH A CHAINSAW STUCK IN MY HEAD. HOW IS THIS IN ANY WAY GOOD!?

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon and Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Rachael Langdon

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

Claire Monaghan
[+] spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

January 16th, 2013, 5:57 am #3

I wrote a slasher RP once.

Around here, we call it Bloodgarden.
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Will
Player

January 16th, 2013, 7:11 am #4

I'll use Niki from last time again, the bitch or whore I guess. I would rewrite her little description thing again but it's too early in the morning fot that shit.
V6 Characters:
------------------
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------
[+] spoiler
------------------
--------B011: Finn Grant ------------------------------------- G020: Stacy Ramsey------
----------Weapon: Megaphone--------------------------Weapon: Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12
---------------------------Multishot---------------------------------------------- Caught in a Moment-------------------
[+] spoiler
Finn Grant: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Stacy Ramsey: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Deamon
Mr. Danya
Deamon
Mr. Danya

January 16th, 2013, 11:11 am #5

I'm up for taking part in this again.

Elizabeth "Diz" Gray - A tough no-nonsense girl who enjoys Metal and Punk and doesn't take shit from anyone. She won't back down if someone if trying to intimidate her or starts an argument with her. Has a large number of tattoos and a shaved head and always seems to wear a pair of tatty boots.

Totally didn't copy and paste that character from the last thread. *shifty eyes.*

I'll save Damon in case we need to add some more characters later.
Forrest Quin - At the Zoo
Bret Carter - On a date
Aliya Kimia Nemati - In Training
Arizona - Practicing
[+] spoiler
Kimiko Kao - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯ - ☯
Travis "Trav" Lynch - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞ - ♞
Cameron Herrig - Ω - Ω - Ω
[+] spoiler
Gray Emerson - "No. We don't follow."
Yasmin "Yaz" Carroll - "I don't really have a plan anymore."
Christopher Harlin - "You can look me in the eyes and shoot me."

aristeia
Cannon Fodder
aristeia
Cannon Fodder

January 16th, 2013, 11:34 am #6

This looks great, I can never resist a good horror movie. If you need people I would be delighted to play, but likewise if you want to keep the original cast feel free.

In an incredible show of unoriginality I was going to do a gothy character but if that is too close to deamon's character / you want the more central archetypes done first then I will edit this.

Rachel Venn (Goth archetype) dresses fairly typically of the stereotype, in black with some purple trim. She is selectively friendly with a moody outlook. She tends to see the worst in situations and people. Fairly calm, if depressive, personality but will has a low tolerance for people and will insult those that annoy or antagonise her.

In terms of plot I liked the witch idea mentioned before, specifically the idea of her giving people premonitions of their/ other people's deaths (mainly because I loved the Final Destination movies). It also allows allows for reincarnation and the like via 'magic' or supernatural forces. Magic is also a great excuse for plot holes.

jimmydalad
Leader

January 16th, 2013, 12:29 pm #7

I dibs my character Alec again. His dickery has yet to fully shine.

Alec Litwin - A gay boy who often gets bullied. Sarcastic and bitter and enjoys playing video games. One of the smartest kids in the year.

Depending on who else is taking part, this is subject to change.
[+] spoiler
Jimmydalad's Relationship Thread: Click here
[+] spoiler
Aria Samuels - "I-I'm sorry..."
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Prom: o
Island: o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Camilla "Cammy" Davidson - "I'll see you around, ok?"
Prom: o -> o
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Sharon Elizabeth Austin - "I know how long this could take, so I'll make this quick."
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Relationship Thread: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/9032799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o
Memories: o
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

January 16th, 2013, 3:11 pm #8

This all sounds pretty interesting. I think I might join in.

Characters I'll start to brainstorm. Maybe a bratty younger sibling of one of the older main cast that is a Tagalong.

For ideas I always say the "Haunted House" is a classic, preferably with curses and both supernatural and mortal enemies.
Version 6
Adelaide Walker-N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: TV on the Radio- Wolf Like Me

Frederick "Rick" Brea- N/A
V6 Pregame: 1-2
Image Song: SOHN- Artifice

Version 5
(G006) Rosemary Michaels- Butterfly Knife: "H-h-heh..."- DECEASED
V5 Game:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-6 (Return)-9-10-11-12-FINAL

Will
Player

January 16th, 2013, 4:06 pm #9

Ok, back from school now.

Niki Lopez- Bitch (maybe whore) archetype:
A hot, skinny, bitchy latina. She has brown eyes and black hair that reaches down to the middle of her back. Could be going out with a guy in the group. She's self centred, shallow and could be best friends with one of the girls in the group.

As well as Joe's list of archetypes, I had quite a big list on the previous topic that had a few extra types:
[+] spoiler
1) The athlete- The athlete is usually good looking and is commonly a male. In some movie the athlete is also shown as the bully and is sometimes one half of the couple or the hero.

2) The bitch- The bitch is, more often than not, good looking and is typically a girl. The bitch is usually the heroine’s enemy in a movie but will work with her to stop the killer. The bitch is the female version of the bully. In some movies the bitch is also shown as the whore or bully.

3) The bully- The bully is usually typically a guy and is usually the enemy of the hero but will work with him to stop the killer. The bully is the male version of the bitch. In some movie the bully is sometimes shown as the athlete.

4) The couple- The couple is almost always shown as a boy and a girl. In some movies the couple is sometimes shown as the hero and heroine or the bitch/whore and the athlete/bully.

5) The drug user- The drug user is typically portrayed as a guy in most movies. He usually gets himself killed by going off alone somewhere to do drugs. He is sometimes shown to be the funny guy.

6) The funny guy- The funny guy is usually a guy in most movies. He usually gets himself killed by doing something stupid.He is sometimes shown to be the drug user.

7) The hero/heroine- The hero/heroin are obviously the hero or heroine of the movie. There is usually just a hero or a heroine in a movie but they are sometimes both in a film. The hero/heroine always has positive attributes and is the opposite of the bully or bitch. The hero/heroine are usually good looking. If there is a hero and a heroine in a film they are usually shown as the couple or if there is just one hero or heroine and they have a girlfriend/boyfriend then they will also be shown as the couple. They can sometime be shown as the virgin as well if there is just one of them. In the case of this roleplay where there is technically no hero/heroine due to the survivors being determined by roles, the hero/heroine would be a brave/nice guy.

8) The loner- The loner can either be a girl or guy. The loner is usually a loner as they have weird attributes and interests. They are usually picked on by most of the cast. In some films the loner can be shown as the movie buff or smart guy.

9) The movie buff- The movie buff is usually a guy but can sometimes be a girl. The movie buff will usually know what to do in the case of a horror movie situation. In some films the movie buff is sometime shown to be the smart guy or loner.

10) The smart guy- The smart guy can either be a girl or a guy. They usually look intelligent (with the things that they wear) and can sometime be referred to the rest of the cast as the nerd. The smart guy will usually come up with plans in order to survive the movie. In some films the smart guy is sometime shown as the movie buff.

11) The virgin- The virgin can either be a girl or guy. They are usually sweet and kind and are sometime picked on by the bitch or bully. In some films the virgin can be shown as the hero/heroine

12) The whore- The whore is typically a girl and is good looking. They usually seduce people and have sex at inappropriate points in the film, usually ending up in her or her partner or both of them being killed. In some movies the whore is sometimes shown to be the bitch or the other half of the couple.
My original idea from the last thread is here:
[+] spoiler
It’s the 1800’s (or even earlier) and there’s a small town. The town is located by a large forest inside of which lives a old crazy witch lady (can be changed to some other type of person) several miles in. Over the years the people of the town have noticed that several people have gone missing when entering the forest. They blame the witch for these disappearances and they gather up a mob. They go into the forest and find the witches cabin/house. They then burn down the house/ kill the witch or whatever you want really (if we’re going for the burning house option it is then rebuilt later on). The town’s people go on with their happy lives and there are no more disappearances.

It’s now present day and a group of 10 college friends decide to go camping in this very forest. They have a party and an awesome time and all that and then they go to bed. On the first night one of the friends goes missing (can be an NPC). All that they find in his/her tent is a bloodied sleeping bag. The remaining 9 friends go out searching for him/her and come across the witch’s cabin. When they go inside they find the remains of their friend and/or the witch. They get scared and run back to camp. When they arrive at camp they find that their cars are not there. Stranded in the middle of the forest with no reception (as it’s in the middle of the forest) the friends have to find a away to survive and escape.
Other ideas could be a haunted house, or something like the house from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Another interesting idea come from a film I watched a couple of months ago called Shrooms. Basically a group of friends go on a trip into the woods to find shrooms to get high on or whatever and when they're in this hallucinogenic state a killer comes along and they're all freaked and not sure what's real and what's not.

That's all I've got so far.
V6 Characters:
------------------
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------
[+] spoiler
------------------
--------B011: Finn Grant ------------------------------------- G020: Stacy Ramsey------
----------Weapon: Megaphone--------------------------Weapon: Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12
---------------------------Multishot---------------------------------------------- Caught in a Moment-------------------
[+] spoiler
Finn Grant: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Stacy Ramsey: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Aloha
Contender

January 16th, 2013, 11:25 pm #10

This looks fun. I'm going to try and go for the scholar:

Rory McTaggart: A somewhat plump Irish lad with a high IQ (one of the smartest kids in the year) and self-esteem (somewhat condescending). Despite his book smarts, he is the type of person to comically miss the point and cause an accident. Harry Potter geek, unfit and clumsy. Conservative and may or may not bash on Alec.

As for the idea, maybe they're all Freshman, and it's a prank pulled by the upperclassmen. They invite all of them to a party/bar/whatever, get them all drunk by giving them alcohol or spiking the drinks, and dump them on the side of some mountain road or national park. Of course, there's an escaped murderer about, and you can all guess what happens next.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!