Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

July 15th, 2014, 10:53 am #16

For anyone familiar with the This is War series, I went and did a Fizz verse for the hell of it.
[+] Spoiler
Someone serving sushi?
No that’s Fizz here in the lane.
Swimming at you swiftly
Better hope it doesn’t rain

Catch me if you can
I already know that you can’t
Don’t go feeling bad now,
I’m just faster on land

I’m a nimble little fighter from the depths of the ocean
Pretty soon you're gonna have to drink all your potions
I stuck you with my trident, that health of yours gone is away
This is just a game to me, I can go all day.

I’m out of my element but not out of my depth
I slip right past all of you even though I’m not wet
Making a splash on the rift, I see you start to sweat
Haven’t seen more gold on a sunken ship yet

Bring all your hooks with you, it doesn’t bother me none
As soon as I see you coming, I’ll already be gone
Heading up the river, I know I’ve already won
Once you cast your net, I trollpole and then you’re done

This fish is swimming effortlessly, it’s a fun game to play
Think you’re going to stop me? HAHA then don’t delay
In case you didn’t notice you’re already a filet
I’ve got a famished friend with me, stick around he’s on his way

I’m having more fun here than when I go to the sea parks
Why you look so mad? Am I making you see sparks?
My oh my oh my, your faces looking to be dark,
This’ll cheer you up! It’s my very hungry SHAAAAAARK!

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

July 16th, 2014, 9:43 pm #17

I was watching Lordi's Hard Rock Hallelujah and just had an urge to write a story for the gal in the music video. Impulse writing, yo.
[+] Spoiler
Another drab, dreary day.

Her eyes glanced between the rows of preppies as she glided down the corridor of her high school, her arm clutched around the notebook, opened to the sketch of THEM. Their endless, pointless gossip was giving her a headache, so she plugged in her headphones and drowned out their natter with the voices of her leaders.

Grunge bands, metal bands, anyone who could scream loud enough, poured into her ears. Any non-believer would be deafened by the sound, but for her it was just a faint hum against her mind. She could barely hear their words anymore, as the people she’d once thrown herself against in blind faith had become corrupted, sold out, and dimmed their own messages for the preppies she so hated. She clung to the hope that somehow they could still save her from this life, but a dark shadow of despair was spreading over her already bleeding heart.

“Hard.”

What?

“Rock.”

Where was this coming from?

“Hallelujah.”

Three words slipped past her lips. Where they came from, she didn’t know, but she’d undeniably whispered them. A nervous sweat escaped her brow, but she did her best to remain stone faced. She knew the preppies were staring at her, could feel their eyes stabbing into her, judging her, but she couldn’t crack to them and their peer pressure, give in to their judgement and break a nervous smile, so she just kept on walking. Yet try as she might, a faint echo of the same words slipped out again.

Her mind turned to the faces etched onto her notepad, the faces of THEM. Last night, she’d had dreams of her dark saviours, the ones who’d free her from a world of preps and conformity. They led an army of darkness, twisted beasts that crawled over the others at her school and devoured them alive. She’d been spared though, as her faith had deemed her the only worthy soul amongst the cast of heretics. When she’d awoken to her room that morning, she’d done her best to capture their images in pen. As much as she didn’t like to criticise her own work, it had come out much better than the ill shaped images that filled the rest of the notepad.

As she turned the door to the gym, she saw the cheerleaders practicing. The greatest preps of all, the ones who had turned her into what she was with their endless torments and rejections of her offers. That’s what she used to think, but now she knew that she was this way all along. Ever since she was born, she was a dark soul separate from the rest of the world, beyond their mortal concerns.

Yet she just stood there quietly, watching as the group cheered together, standing as one. Her eyes briefly met the head cheerleaders, until more of her prep slaves battered past her.

She turned, about to leave and return to her gliding through the life of preps that surrounded her, when she felt it.

THEM.

The lights flickered, despite it all being natural. In a moment there was darkness, then a green haze covered everyone. The cheerleaders didn’t notice it at first, so deep in their hollow cheers that they couldn’t see what was happening around them. The sound of hammering on the doors behind them brought them to whatever senses they still had, as a blinding light poured in through the windows. Behind those doors she knew there was something beyond her imagination, something beyond her powers of comprehension. Something that would destroy the preps just by seeing it before their weak, withered minds.

The doors flew open, but behind them wasn’t THEM.

Behind them was her dark lords. Behind them was LORDI.

Just as she’d predicted, the cheerleaders dropped down before her like the lifeless dolls they were. A howling wind blew around her, and a tiny voice in the back of her mind told her to run. That was the voice of a heretic though, someone too scared to face it all with their true understanding of the world. That wasn’t a part of her, and so she stamped it out.

As she stepped forward, he came into view. The dark lord of her dark lords, the dark lord of Mr. Lordi.

She dared not speak before him, nor would it have mattered as the symphonty of the damned that would serve as her gospel rang through the room. The words she’d whispered in the corridor resounded around her, as Mr. Lordi bellowed her new choir at her. She could feel the raw power of the dark lord in his very notes, as his cabal of monsters backed his hymn with their own powerful sound.

She could feel it swimming all around her, the dark energy that would’ve engulfed any lesser mortal. Yet she was at the eye of the storm, the waves flowing through the corpses that littered the floor, corrupting their once porcelain bodies, damning their mortal fleshes into something less than human. Slowly, they rose.

Her eyes met Mr. Lordi’s, and she read his message as loudly and clearly as his demonic vocals.

She walked down the corridor the other way, but this time it was different. The preppies weren’t staring at her, judging her, cutting her apart with their looks: they were fleeing in terror, screaming for their worthless, empty lives as she moved towards them. The cheerleaders that they’d once eyed with such envy, the boys looking at them with unhidden lust whilst the girls stared with endless jealousy, charged behind her, their twisted, deformed hands stretched out for anyone who got close enough, ready to tear them apart. They headed towards the door at the end of the hall, but the power of Lordi had already sealed it tight forever.

This was her destiny. This was what she’d been born into, and this was why she’d had to endure for so many years. Mr. Lordi had chosen her for a reason, and her suffering had all been a test of her worthiness.

She stood still, and the cheerleaders rushed ahead of her whilst she stood and watched.

Raising a fist, she accepted herself as a minion of Lordi, and chanted the hymn of their unfathomable might:

“HARD! ROCK! HALLELUJAH!”

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 25th, 2014, 10:31 pm #18

I wasn't really sure what kind of feelings or thoughts I was trying to get across, but hey.
[+] Spoiler
His mother tried the door. Locked, as usual.

He sat on the windowsill, staring out at the street below. It was overcast: typical. The road was sparse with cars and a person walked by every few minutes, but that was all.

He couldn’t tell how long he’d been looking; he’d gotten bored. He looked at the action figures lining the shelf in his room. An assortment of characters from a variety of media, posed as they were. He walked past them, checking them each in turn. Twelve, in total.

There was an alerting ping from his computer as another message arrived. He checked it, replied, then left again.

He was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The dent in the plaster from where he’d banged his head was still there after all these years, so he focused on that.

His mother talked to him as they ate dinner together, and he replied. She was worried, as always, but he told her he was fine. It wasn’t a lie, not really.

His room was dark. He knew he’d go to bed soon, but for now he was staring at the ceiling again. The faint glow from the monitor lingered, but the messages had long since stopped coming in.

He got up, went back over to his figurines. He adjusted a few of them, wasn’t satisfied, and moved them back. One of them was chipped, but it was no big deal.

He fell asleep afterwards.

He was still in his room; he could hear his mum trying the door again. He went up to go let her in, but stopped when he heard her walking away, then went back to the windowsill. There were more people out today, but it was still overcast.

He’d been looking for a new figurine, but couldn’t find any that he liked. The ones he had needed cleaning, but he’d run out of cleaning supplies. He’d have to ask his mum to pick up some more when she went out next. That or go with her.

He’d asked her to get the cleaning supplies for him.

He couldn’t find any new ones in the end. It was okay though: he liked the ones he had already. He thanked his mum for getting him the supplies he needed.

He looked out the window again. Still overcast.

That was fine.

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

April 28th, 2015, 5:35 pm #19

It's been a while since I've done something creative, and I felt like writing a story to introduce my incoming pathfinder character.
[+] Spoiler
“I’m telling ye, don’t go out to that neck of the woods if ye know what’s good for ya’. That’s where the Grave Witch lurks…”

The light of a lantern flickered across the dirty tavern, as its patrons listened to the grisly dwarf. His face was a tapestry of scars, his beard was a tangled mess of hair and blood, and his mug of ale was dirtier than the floor, but his story had attracted company all the same. Whilst half the bar went about their business, cheating at cards or downing ale until they couldn’t see anymore, a crowd sat around the dwarf’s table with bated breath.

“I only seen ‘er once, but lemme tell ya, I hope I ain’t never be seein’ her again for the rest of me years. It was a dark night, and the lads and I had gone out lookin’ to make our fortune…”

A full moon hung in the sky, its silver light illuminating the entrance to the ancient burial site. The mountain was filled to the brim with dwarves from eons past, as were the prized possessions they’d been buried with. All that stood between the ragtag group and the treasure was the doorway, which hung ajar by the faintest inch.

There were five of them, all drinking buddies who’d decided to make their fortune out in the world. There was Lurcher, the mystic; what he lacked in hollow legs, he made up for with a head full of knowledge. Rickard was their scout, adept with mechanics and traps as he was with the ladies. Ginette covered the rear, her skill with her crossbow matched only by her skill in arm wrestling, and Tobias was always ready with divine aid when the fights took their toll.

Grendel led the group: a dwarf veteran of many battles, he’d finally lost patience with the politics in the dwarven military and set out solo. Anyone who dared face him on the field of battle with his axe ready was only inviting their death.

They’d fought countless foes beforehand, and the group worked better together than a well-oiled mining machine. With all the tombs they’d cleaned out in the past, they had no reason to think this one would be any different.

With reckless confidence, the dwarves entered the tomb and sealed their fates.

It was pitch black inside, barely an inconvenience for dwarves like themselves. The air was eerily devoid of dust for a tomb of its age, but they brushed it off; winding tunnels weren’t unheard of to have wind currents that could easily keep the air fresh and clear, as Lurcher was quick to point out.

Apart from the stray scuttling of spiders and insects, there didn’t seem to be a soul inside. It would make for easy pickings. The most recent graves littered the entrance, but nothing of particular present was of value. These graves belonged to the poorest of the poor, the countless masses who’d lived their lives earning nothing of value.

As they crept closer in, Rickard found the first of the traps: pressure plates in the ground that promised a flurry of crossbow fire for anyone foolish enough to step on them. A corpse full of bolts laid down a few feet ahead, but the same fate was easily avoided by the group as Rickard disarmed the trap within moments.

“Now ‘ere’s the weird thing,” Rickard pointed out. “This trap ‘ere doesn’t reset itself. Someone mustah turned it back on manually.”

A faint murmer spread over the group, but they dismissed it. If someone was ahead, they’d be short work for the group.

Soon the door that led to the tomb proper was in sight, ancient and decorated with dwarven symbols. A spider sat on the front of it, but scurried underneath as the group approached. The door resisted under Grendel’s strong arms, barred from behind without a lock in sight.

Ever one to show off, Lurcher stepped forwards and raised his hands. Arcane incantions and motions filled the room, as he brought forth magic that blasted the door open. With a confident grin, he gestured forwards as the groups stepped past, rolling their eyes the whole time.

The hallway pulled downwards as the group went deeper into the mountain. The caskets that lined the walls were empty, plundered by less greedy interlopers who were satisfied with the simple trinkets that lined the peasant corpses. Experience had taught them that the real treasures laid inside at the heart of the crypt.

The air started to shimmer before them as they stepped ahead, the shadows ahead being blocked out by a thick form.
“I’ve seen this magic befor’.” Lurcher spoke up, “Tis a cloud o’ mist. Strange how it’d be down here…”

The group shared careful glances, edging forward slowly. All of a sudden, a voice spoke out from beyond the mist.

“You shouldn’t be here…”

The voice was that of a woman’s, hallow and faint, coming from deep within the hall.

“Agh, and what’re you gonna do about it?” laughed Rickard. “Ye the protector of this tomb, eh lass?”

“This is your only warning.” The voice spoke again. “Leave now; this place is sacred.”

Rickard was never the type for being ignored, even next to the gloater that was Lurcher. Before the group could stop him, he’d drawn his shortsword and was charging into the mist.

“Why ye little tramp! Tha’ treasure’s ours!” he snarled, running forwards. As he did so, he felt a dark presence fall over him.

“Rickard, no!” called out Ginette, but it was too late. The last that was heard of Rickard was a sudden shout, followed by the piercing sound of metal into flesh. Then, silence.

Ginette called out to him again, but there was no answer. Nodding to each other to be very careful, they eked forward until Grendel’s foot felt the ground give way under his toes. He stopped Ginnete behind him from taking a step further.

As they looked down, a deep pit held spikes and a number of corpses. Most recently among them was Rickard’s.

“Rickard!” called out Ginette again as she fell to her knees, but there was no movement within the pit. “Can’t ye help him?” she cried to Tobias. Yet he could tell from where he was that there was no helping him now, not with his skills.

Grendel rested his burly hand on her shoulder. “Ain’t nothing we can do for him now lass, we’ve got to move on. He’d be wantin’ it.”

She glared up at him for a moment, before looking down and nodding weakly. It was what Rickard would’ve wanted.

The group had shimmied their way over the gap around the edges of the pit, bracing themselves with their ten foot poles all the way. Though the mist tapered off shortly after, there were no further pitfalls, much to their relief.

As they travelled further down, the walls started to become lined with runes telling tales of the souls buried within. The group only gave them a passing glance, distracted by the call of treasure deep inside; the exception was Tobias, who studied the runes with great interest. Yet to his dismay, there was no mention of the womanly figure that had killed Rickard, and soon the group was calling for him to stop lagging behind.

Finally, a light crept out from the end of the hall, cast by a single torch in the hallowed entrance to the core of the tomb. The room was wide and decorated from head to toe with ancient murals of ages past, but the art did little to hold the group’s attention. Lining the walls of the room were the decayed bodies of a dozen dead dwarves, each one propped up in a macabre display. At the centre lay the only corpse that still had its flesh, a look of horror frozen upon his face forever.

There was only one exit to the room, covered from wall to wall in thick spider webs. From behind its strands the woman spoke again.

“You endanger your lives by staying. Leave, now.”

Grendel bared his teeth as he gripped his axe. Ginette had drawn her crossbow, bolt loaded and ready to fire, whilst Tobias and Lurcher prepared their magic.

“So be it.” She whispered in her ghostly voice.

She moved behind her wall of web rattling as the spindly figure danced and spun her mystic arts. With a reverberation of arcane energies, the group felt new presences. Tobias dared to look up, where his gaze was met with the ruby light of dozens of eyes.

“Spiders! Above us!” he shrieked, but as soon as he had done so had one dropped on top of him and sunk her mandibles into his flesh, injecting vile venom into his body.

Lurcher called out for his companion to assist their ally, but the swarm had already set upon the group, Grendel swinging his axe to keep them away and Ginette firing bolts at the dreaded beast. Looking to Tobias, he twisted his hands into magical gestures and chanted words of power, shooting a ray of pure fire at the spider and incinerating it as it screeched in pain.

Just as he thought he could turn to help his friends, a searing pain spread through his mouth. As he clutched for it, he caught sight of the woman behind the web, pointing her hand straight at him as she stared intently. Stabbing pains went across his lips, as he felt them stitched shut by a razor sharp needle. With a sharp yank, the threads pulled tight and bound him speechless.

Lurcher tried his best to get his allies attention, but they were too focused on their own battles. Helpless without his magic, it wasn’t long before two of the spiders had pounced on him.

Ginette held well against the arachnid she found herself battling, filling it with bolts as fast as she could load them, and soon the eight legged foe was downed. She readied her crossbow to fire on the one that battled Grendel, knowing that the two of them would be able to free Tobias and take on the spider’s matron, but she too saw that the woman stared at her from behind the web, with her hand outstretched. She aimed her crossbow to retaliate, but it was already too late.

She could hear the woman’s voice in her head as she moved her lips, yet no-one else seemed to hear the words. A chill crept down her spine as the disembodied voice uttered one saying: “Daaaarknesss….”.

And so her fate was foretold, as clouds of fog began to swim over her vision. She whipped her head about to look away from it, but it was all in vain as the black cloud blotted her sight, blinding her forever.

Even as Tobias managed to hold his ground, he saw what was happening to his allies. He could hear himself screaming to run, to forget about the treasure and just leave, but he knew that he’d never live with himself if he abandoned his comrades, and Grendel would never let him live with it. He prayed to Moradin for protection in this trying time, as he struck the spider another glancing blow.

“Leave.” Called the woman from behind the web, as he saw her staring at him. He’d seen what had happened to Lurcher, who was hidden under a pair of spiders, and Ginette, who staggered blindly, screaming in terror. Without realising it, he found himself gripping his hammer ever tighter as rage filled him from within. She expected him to leave after what she’d done to his companions?

“Die, wench!” he screamed, barrelling past the spider as it sunk its fangs into his side. He staggered, feeling his strength leaving him, but pressed onwards, ready to hammer his way through the web and smash the woman’s face in.

She sighed inwards, watching Tobias as he ran into the webbing. The strands were stronger than any steel, as he quickly discovered, and before he knew it he was helplessly caught as the spiders advanced on their prey.

“Tobias ye moron!” Grendel barked, watching him trap himself and become food for the widows. With a mighty yell he charged forwards, swinging his axe wildly to save his ally. All the while, he could feel the woman’s eyes on his back, her dark presence hanging over him like a pitch black shadow as he felt his strength start to falter. Finally, the last of the spiders screeched under his axe, yet it was too late.

Tobias’ corpse dangled in the webbing, whilst Ginette and Lurcher’s pale bodies littered the floor.

“Ye’ve murdered me men, ye heartless witch!” he shouted at the top of his voice, a red glare growing across his face.

“I warned them to leave. I give you the same chance.” She replied, a look of indifference across her gaunt face.

“I’LL KILL YE!” he roared, and with that cleaved his axe right through the webbing, finally getting a clear look at her.

An elven woman, she really was as pale as a ghost. Her black hair hung low across her body, stringy and unkempt, her face barely visible behind it. She wore only a leather skirt that trailed across the ground, upon which hung countless bones and feathers and beads, with a large goat skull where he’d proudly wear a belt buckle. Her body was covered in tattoos of indecipherable designs, from her torso where the skin clung to her ribs, to her arms which were as long and spindly as any spider.

He gripped his axe tightly, ready to cleave the woman in half in one blow, until she raised her hand one final time.

“…And that’s when I slew th’ witch, and avenged me fallen kin.” Finished Grendel, slamming his emptied mug onto the table. A murmur swept around his audience.

“But you said you didn’t want to see her again?”
“What about the treasure?”
“What did you do with your friends?”

An onslaught of questions bombarded him, but he waved them all off. “Another story for another day.” he grumbled, looking at the table rather than their disbelieving eyes. People who had hung on his every word barked and scoffed, turning to leave and forget about his wild ramblings. Yet one man stayed, his simple mind hooked on the tale.

“What did you do with her body?”

This one persistent lad pushed the dwarf just far enough to get a response, if only so he could get rid of him and be alone with his shame.

“A witch like tha’? She’ll be back. I hear people sayin’ stories like mine all over places. They seen ‘er in graveyards, tombs, anywhere there’s a dead body. An’ if ye don’t watch where y’er goin’ lad, the Grave Witch will have ‘er way with ye too.”

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

August 1st, 2015, 10:47 pm #20

I wanted a Valkyria Chronicles avatar of my fave character, Emile Bielert, but no good avatar exists. (In fact Elena seems to have grabbed the only avatar-suitable picture from that game on the whole internet.) So I just copied some existing art instead (with a little bit of touching up afterwards because everyone makes mistakes)

lost forever thanks Photobucket

Namira
Mr. Danya

August 1st, 2015, 10:50 pm #21

Emile ♥

SotF: Mini - SCdoes a-rolling! - PV3 Prologue ongoing!
Draw Thread! - Pathfinder! - Writing Thread!
[+] Spoiler
13:58 Gianni Oh come on you broke someone's heart
13:59 Gianni you are proud, not embarrassed
13:59 Christian Yes
13:59 Christian Be proud
13:59 Christian Do we not all strive to break a human soul?
[+] Spoiler
Vincenzo/a 'Vinny' 'Enzo' Gatti | DO IT FOR THE VINE.
Toby 'Noodle' Andreasson | :|
[+] Spoiler
G008 - Kammy So'oialo | wants a new script
G062 - Becca Everett | was a damn superstar
G071 - Sunshine Cho Lee | trusted
[+] Spoiler
G026 - Rosalia Fiametta | Found it. | Walkie Talkies
G014 - Yelizaveta 'Bounce' Volkova | Out of here | Gasoline
B060 - Brock Mason | Thump. Thump |
G029 - Kristina 'Kris' Hartmann | Put Down. | Drama Bombs [∞], M79 Grenade Launcher [x6 grenades]
G117 - Jessie Anderson | Still Smiling | Faith

The Burned Handler
Mr. Danya

August 2nd, 2015, 4:19 am #22

Vanamania no.
MurderWeasel getting impatient wrote:Hiya, jerk! Please don't post until edits have been completed, as doing so causes confusion/messes up the queue.
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork I have faith in you!
18:48 Ruggawork and your ass!
wrote:16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Iktor?
16:35 Kilmarnock Maybe Toben.
16:35 Kilmarnock hard to tell until they make out with me.
16:35 *** mib_6brm7d is now known as Irene
[+] Spoiler
wrote:11:55 Zarina turns out I work best with people when most of the people are dead
wrote:18:30 Slam Well we don't really do showers in the UK
wrote:05:57 *** Christian joined #sotf
05:58 shotgunkid oh crap
wrote:05:54 frogue i can be a time consuming process!
wrote:16:47 Irene "let it sit for half an hour, it's better when it's not so cold" he said.
16:47 Irene well...
16:48 Irene it exploaded.
16:48 Irene all over my hands.
Gianni no wrote:15:54 Aloha Leg cramps happened suddenly and i can't move X_X
15:55 Gianni wb :3
wrote:21:20 *** Persy joined #sotf
21:21 Gianni Hey Persy!
21:21 Namira my mutant alchemist
wrote:21:31 Pancapples [The weather] Was beautiful today.
21:33 Solitair oh no
wrote:18:48 Ruggawork Who doesn't want to rape Bro
wrote:17:30 Ohm Sweet, I'm using then
wrote:14:18 Wes 'm so hungry ;c
14:18 Wes :c8
14:18 Wes...
14:18 Wes fuck it
14:18 mib_7zyd33 That's not what you're supposed to do to food.
14:19 Imehal Nah, that's kinda par for the course around here.
14:19--- Ohm is away (Ew)
wrote:14:50Pancapples I kinda miss the Crusades now.
Bad Ohm! wrote:18:51*** RC quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
18:51 Ohmfg Yay!
Laur doesn't like people being in chat wrote:18:33 Laurels Agh, people are here
18:33*** Laurels quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Germany vs. Germany! wrote:18:47 RC I should send my list of ideas to SOTF_Help once I get rid of the dumb ones on the list
18:48 Bikriki so you want to send them an empty list?
wrote:19:40 uyugin taking bets on who will be the big douche in v6
19:40 Kilmarnock Actually I'm going with Laur.
wrote:14:01 Kilmarnock Girl!Slam was cute I guess.
wrote:11:29 Naft Dude uncool
11:29 Naft I was talking about conceptual penises and you made the penises real
wrote:13:59 Solitair I love seeing people get mentally broken

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

November 4th, 2015, 10:56 pm #23

[+] Spoiler
Rich looked out at the water, lit up by the setting sun. The quiet around him was framed by the distant sound of crowds and cars, winding down after the long day. It was an oasis in the bustling city, a tranquil park surrounding a serene lake. It was where he and Craig had finished their first date, thirty years ago today.

Thirty years; where had that come from? When they first met at the party, they’d never so much as heard of each other, nor were they friends of friends. It was just a chance coincidence. Rich had been stood by the wall, feeling just a little bit out of place whilst everyone else was neck deep in conversation. Craig, by comparison, had been floating through the crowds, not quite sinking into the talk at hand, but not staying out of it either. What had started as just a friendly hello had somehow become small talk, and it was stranger still when that blossomed into a genuine conversation. They’d decided to keep in touch.

Rich was nervous after that. He had his demons, the thoughts that destroyed him on his bad days. He liked Craig, and he hoped that Craig liked him, but it didn’t really matter in the end, because he was unlovable.

Craig hadn’t thought so. Craig had been the one to make contact again, and Craig was the one who had gotten him to agree to the day out. It had been nice. There was another day, and another, and then he decided to stop counting. It felt good. It felt right.

But the demons still came, and he tried to shut him away. Craig didn’t ignore him, though, nor did he dismiss him. He didn’t force his way into his dark space, but Craig wouldn’t be kept out either. He was there, and he wouldn’t walk away and leave him to suffer.

He was grateful to Craig, truly he was, but it felt one-sided, as if he was all take and no give. Craig never suggested that, not even for a moment, but the demons wouldn’t be eked out so easily.

The years went on though, and they were still together. Their lives grew together.

Then came the cancer.

Rich continued to look out at the lake. It was twilight now, and he was alone.

A voice called out to him, and he turned back to smile at Craig. Two years into remission, and he could still smile as brightly as when they’d first held hands. He handed Rich his ice cream, and the two watched the moon rise together.
Idk I just wanted to write feels.

Winner
Winner

November 5th, 2015, 5:39 pm #24

The feels ;_;

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

April 28th, 2016, 4:53 pm #25

So I realised that I've actually done a bunch of character doodles, mostly for tabletop, that never made it into here. I've gotten quite into it so I dunno I guess I have to shamelessly promote it now.
[+] Spoiler

This is Lyka, the aformentioned (as in last year) Grave Witch (except now she's a grave cleric because no-one likes witches (unless they're one of Devry's incarnations)).

This is Lyka being fascinated by her hand. Don't do drugs, kids.

This is Lyka's skirt. It was inspired by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

This is Guido, a character in Ricky's One Piece RP who recently returned from a hiatus. He is a gentleman and a skunk.

This is Fuusha, another character from Ricky's RP (though an NPC). She is a dirty cheater and her picture reflects that with its subpar quality. I still like the design, though.

This is Kriss, a character who is now dead. She is an OC, do not steal.

This is Harvee, a character who is not dead. I have drawn a lot of him, but that isn't because I find him adorable or anything. (The picture is labelled as Harri but that's a silly name; don't be silly.)

This is me stealing Elena's paint coloring technique to make a token for Harvee.

This is Harvee after buying full plate instead of boobplate. He decided to swap back to his old helmet eventually because I don't want his face hidden behind a bunch of metal in every future picture.

This is Harvee with a somewhat more adorable turtle. They are friends.
Ideally I'll get more of these over here in the future. I'd quite like to get good at it.

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

May 30th, 2016, 12:40 pm #26

It's been a month so how bout some more doodles:
[+] Spoiler
I'm putting these two next to each other because they're both just Harvee without a helmet:

I like the general shape of the first one more than the second, but the second has more little things like the correct hairstyle and better looking ears. Obvious solution is to combine them into a lovechild of on point at some time.

This is just a random halfling monk who doesn't even have a name at this stage in time (and the design's moved beyond this), but more practice with body structure never hurts.

Then this was suggested because why not so I drew it because why not. Sometimes martial arts get out of hand, I guess.

This is my Final Fantasy XIV character (Lalafell black mage most of the day, just for those in the know). I happen to have an aesthetic I like with these fantasy races, what of it?
The arm still looks off to me, but it's a lot better than the first few tries so there's that at least.

This is Harvee in chibi form, because why not.

This is Vena (Elena's newest character in the same campaign as Harvee), also in chibi form.

This is the character of one of my very good friends outside of various internet groups. She's a zombie doctor, and as far as I know she's good at her job.

This is MacKenzie (Ricky's character from same campaign) giving Harvee a look for some reason known only to him. The original picture was a lot more gay, so I'm sure at the end of the day it's a good thing it turned out this way instead.
Drawing faces at an angle is godawful and a new challenge.
Would just like to extend a thank you to my drawing senpais who are great people and should feel happy with themselves.

I really need to find a way to colour these that I like. I experimented with pencils, but I've never really liked how they look on paper and I don't have the patience to get that much better. Anyone have any better ideas?

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

July 12th, 2016, 11:12 pm #27

Another month means more art!
[+] Spoiler

Because even pro gamers need time to just unwind. Doritos and mountain dew not featured, nor are sofas that don't bend weirdly inwards and are badly proportioned.

I spent much time asking Ricky to murder Guido so this character could replace him in his One Piece campaign but apparently he hates my whimsical inventiveness or something. Also I coloured something! Whoooetc~

I drew this as a birthday thing for some random guy but apparently Rush uses eight swords not four so it's worthless. Also their face looks kinda chunky in this pic but Lucky Roux is pretty fat and fast so maybe Rush is actually fat?

Ymir was a bastard and I would've preferred it if Camille let him drop to his doom but oh well what're you gonna do she's a hero apparently. It's a bit simple for a sketch but I drafted it up pretty quickly so hey ho.
This month was brought to you by the letter Pirate.

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

August 2nd, 2016, 11:46 pm #28

I got a new tablet this month which I've been barely using, but then I did use it and MORE ART WAS A THING.
[+] Spoiler

Harvee is happy that the campaign is finished and he doesn't have to worry about demons eating him anymore. I actually drew this one by hand and then used the tablet to fine tune it; clearly I am a graphic artist trailblazer. (I find his frowny pictures a lot more cute than this one, though.)

And because of my recent Life is Strange hype, have a comic that reflects my opinion on Chloe (I don't think it's really spoiling anything?):

Slam
Mr. Danya
Slam
Mr. Danya

October 31st, 2016, 10:45 pm #29

Man, I haven't touched this thread in ages. Maybe I should just close up shop...

Oh man, wooooah! *trips and throws a box of things in your direction in an absolutely convincing not-on-purpose manner*
[+] Spoiler
So yeah, I did Inktober this year! I did start a week late because no-one told me Inktober was a thing, but I still managed to get through 31 sketches in 31 days, so I’m pretty chuffed with that. I hope you enjoy having a look at them!

Note: I've restricted myself to one positive and one negative thought on each picture, in an effort to curb my perfectionism (otherwise there'd be fifty cons per drawing), and also because this post would break the limit three times if I said everything I thought.
[+] Spoiler

This is what happens in my mind when you introduce something like the Dark Shrine of Selfishness in a game where I can’t choose a husbandu. Don’t ask how two men have that many kids without really trying.
Reference Pic: None
Pro: The overall content gets my intent across if you know the context, I guess.
Con: What the jank are those arms doing?
[+] Spoiler

Kennen master ninja, Hero of the storm! I decided to stop being original and just try sketching something that exists already, and I was quite chuffed with how it turned out. This also set the scene for a lot of my following inks, because drawing stuff that already exists is much easier than being original or, god forbid, creative.
Reference Pic: Here
Pro: I’m pretty content with the proportions and general body structure.
Con: Right side of his face got a bit messed about and didn’t turn out great.
[+] Spoiler

Mercy came next, because Mercy is pretty great. Not much more to say.
Pro: The hands and face aren’t terrible, by the standards of the pic.
Con: FUCKING WINGS I DISLIKED DRAWING
[+] Spoiler

I’m quite excited for Yandere Simulator (finally I can find a senpai) and I look forward to its eventual completion. Therefore, art.
Pro: I quite like the hand in this picture.
Con: Something went wrong with her face. There’s anime dishplate eyes and there’s just weird alien face.
[+] Spoiler

Going out on a limb and trying something novel! Here’s Nate Turner (that kid I’m doing in V6 idk if you know about that). I think Frogue’s art is much better than mine, but there’s some features in his version that don’t quite fit with my head (not that I fault him for it at all). I’d like to take another shot at Nate to do this one a bit better.
Reference Pic: None, just the profile.
Pro: I started adding actual detail to my inking in this picture, and I think it really benefits for it.
Con: The face is pretty poor in terms of proportions, notably the overly wide eyes.
[+] Spoiler

Logical follow on from Nate is Vanessa Stone. I much prefer Frogue’s version and consider that Vanessa’s canon appearance, but I still enjoyed taking my own try at it all the same, and I’m pretty happy with this one.
Reference Pic: None, again just the profile.
Pro: The proportions on this face are much better than Nate’s, so that’s neat.
Con: She looks blonde, even though Vanessa has really dark hair. It irritates me to no end.
[+] Spoiler

I drew this on the evening I went to go see Stream of Passion, so I had about ten minutes spare to draw something. Since I was rushing, the obvious solution was to draw a snail.
Reference Pic: Snail image search on Google.
Pro: It’s pretty obviously a snail.
Con: It’s pretty obviously rushed.
[+] Spoiler

I bought one of them drawing manikins to help me with proportions and body poses. Unfortunately no-one told me you’re supposed to add features on top of the manikin when you’re drawing it.
Reference Pic: None.
Pro: I am quite happy with the hatching on this one; it’s pretty clear where the light is for the most part.
Con: Torso proportions are a bit off. Just a little.
[+] Spoiler

New sketchbook! I wanted to try drawing something without drawing outlines, so I decided to do a wolf and make its fur out of pen strokes. This is actually one of my fave sketches from this Inktober, but then I do love wolves.
Pro: The shape came together very nicely
Con: Not quite as much consistency on thick v thin strokes as I’d like.
[+] Spoiler

A perfectly ordinary businessman. The limbs are really weird, but I blame untalented artists.
Pro: Everything flows pretty smoothly.
Con: The size of his lapels and the position of the chair is pretty off.
[+] Spoiler

Your best friend. Something simple but distinct enough.
Pro: This pic has a nice amount of depth from my perspective. You can tell where all the layers are.
Con: The line work’s pretty rough.
[+] Spoiler

I’d just finished reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (good book, would advocate), so I drew a bird. An ornithology point for you if you can tell what species!
Pro: It’s got pretty minimal detail, but I think it still works.
Con: The legs are a bit off.
[+] Spoiler

I always liked Moe. I thought he was one of the more likeable residents of Springfield, or at least one of the more entertaining. Not sure a serial sex offender being likeable speaks wonders for the show these days, but I’m beating a dead horse.
Pro: I’m quite happy with the head; I think t’s pretty spot on.
Con: Body below the neck is a bit wonky.
[+] Spoiler

This is a cool dude from Binding of Isaac. I know by most accounts Loki has four arms rather than wings, but fuck it I wanted to give him wings. Call me Red Bull.
Pro: I guess the thick lines work well enough.
Con: It’s not very adorable, so I kind of have to write this one off.
[+] Spoiler

After asking for prompts in chat, I got tasked with drawing a post-apocalypse radio station, so viola. I’ve drawn buildings like never, so this was a novel challenge.
Pro: I took a whack at something I’ve got no experience with, so that’s a success.
Con: What the hell is perspective.
[+] Spoiler

Random baby dragon because dragons are pretty great. He’s not a newborn, he just likes sitting in a bigger baby dragon’s egg as his own little nest. He also has a gold bottlecap in there, since he’s starting his own hoard.
Pro: I’m quite happy with the depth in this picture; doesn’t look too flat.
Con: The scales on his tail are backwards. Hgnngngngnng
[+] Spoiler

Another Binding of Isaac. Mulligans were always one of my fave enemies in their tragic fate, so here’s Isaac turning into a Mulligan.
Pro: I’m pretty happy with the detail.
Con: Perhaps this sketch is a bit too simple, it’s not like I couldn’t have drawn Isaac further along.
[+] Spoiler

Korra from The Legend of Korra in my favourite outfit on her. Good show, would recommend.
Pro: Dang the proportions on this face turned out well.
Con: It’s a bit hard to pick out where the layers on this picture are. Lack of colour is a bit of a handicap sometimes.
[+] Spoiler

Ganta from the anime Deadman Wonderland. I’ve wanted to draw a shot of him since I saw the series a few months ago, and I finally followed my dreams. Unfortunately I wanted to do a full shot of him lifting one of those animal heads in the opening, but I ran out of page (a recurring problem, I’ve found)
Pro: Holy shit this might be the best face of the month.
Con: Those fookin' ears >_<
[+] Spoiler

Another bird. Double points if you recognise this one!
Pro: Another minimalist but effective drawing
Con: It looks a bit flat.
[+] Spoiler

Kid the third: Sandy Bricks. I hated this one when I first drew it, but I guess I’m ok with it now. I could’ve drawn something a bit more scenic from his death, but maybe next time.
Reference Pic: None, just his profile.
Pro: He looks pretty dang mad.
Con: His body posture is way too tight for my liking.
[+] Spoiler

And you thought I was done drawing Harvee pics. Haha, no such luck! Here you can see him turning into a tortoise after finding a cursed necklace, because cursed items love turning people into things that they are not (right, MacKenzie?)
Reference Pic: Just my previous Harvee pics and some googling of a tortoise.
Pro: It’s the most original of the pictures I drew this month, and that pleases me.
Con: His body proportions are just a touch off, notably his torso is too long from my perspective.
[+] Spoiler

Here is a picture of a tanuki. I reversed him compared to the reference picture both because originally I wanted to have him holding a rumble ball, and also because I felt this way it’d be less obvious how copied it was.
Pro: Good proportions and layout of everything.
Con: Horns lack depth.
[+] Spoiler

Here is Oceiros, from Dark Souls 3. We share a common fate, him and I: trying to find the ways to turn into dragons in Dark Souls, only for FromWare to curse us with derpy-as-fuck looking forms. Kindred spirits, honestly. Unfortunately, the models in this series are pretty damn complicated when it comes to shading, so this is obviously simplified.
Pro: If you know the series, you can probably recognise this drawing.
Con: Simplified shading looks a bit lazy.
[+] Spoiler

Daniella, from Haunting Ground. If you recognised her before I told you that, then we are now friends because it’s one of my favourite games (unless you just remembered ZombiexCream’s avatar). I actually cut off the lower part of this drawing because it didn’t turn out well at all, but you don’t lose anything.
Pro: I’m quite happy with the hair on this, considering what a bitch inking hair can be.
Con: The placement of her face features is off to me.
[+] Spoiler

This was supposed to be my attempt at Dunkmaster Illaoi, but again I ran out of paper space, so instead this is just Illaoi helping troubled teenagers in Bilgewater with midnight basketball whilst Nagakaboros enjoys being spun around. Having to explain everything about a picture is not a bad sign.
Reference Pic: General Illaoi and basketball Googling.
Pro: I am very happy with how her hair turned out, it’s probably the best of the month.
Con: Looks fairly flat and I hate trying to draw eyes.
[+] Spoiler

This picture was inspired by Vicky’s Halloween costume, and also because I realised at 11:15 last night that I was one picture short so had to do something quick and easy.
Pro: Most of my pen colouring hasn’t been great (looking at you, Sandy), but I think it came out better in this one.
Con: I’m told there is this amazing invention called a ruler you can use to draw straight lines. Sounds like a scam to me.
[+] Spoiler

All hail shitrat, harvester of souls and my wallet.
Reference Pic: Lil’ Devil Teemo Googling.
Pro: I’m pretty happy with the shading on this one.
Con: The tongue doesn’t quite stick out from the right spot, and that’s just lame.
So that’s all of them! Surprisingly, it wasn’t actually as much of an effort as I thought it’d be to do 31 sketches, and I definitely think there’s been some improvement from it. Obviously there’s a long way before I can consider myself halfway decent, but if nothing else it was a pretty chill way to spend evenings. Treat yourself to a bit of sketching if the mood strikes you: it’s both cathartic and fun!
[+] Spoiler
Unfortunately three of the sketches involved nudes which are not allowed by Zetaboards terms of agreement. If you’re crazy to see them, send me a PM and I’ll send you a link, but I assure you they’re really not very interesting so don’t go nuts over it.
And a thank you to my drawing senpai, DastardlyBananas, for all her support and encouragement this month <3

DastardlyBananas
Cannon Fodder

October 31st, 2016, 10:58 pm #30

Ahh Slam, it's so cool to see everything in one post like this! I'm really proud of you finishing Inktober, especially with a late start! You've improved a lot already <3

Also aww, thank you /)////(\
Ah yes, the signature, the place where I make my individual mark upon every post I let see the light of day. Surely it should be something magnificent, something that truly captures my essence as the extraordinary person that I am?
Crap.
[+] Spoiler
Margaret Peters

Lovely sprite by Fenris!
[+] Spoiler
I have an art thread that I update sometimes. Kind of. I'm not consistent at all but the thread exists. You can go to it here.