Aloha
Contender

September 21st, 2016, 12:28 am #11

Now they were all together. Jasper was glad they’d met up with her. He may not have been close with Coleen, but he was still happy to see a friendly face.

Well, a friendly but disheartened face. “Aw, dang, I gotcha. It’s been pretty rough out here.” Jasper sighed. Then his face lit up. “Don't worry though! Cause we can stick together now! And find more people!” Coleen could be another ally, another friend. They could find some of her friends, and Jasper’s friends, and maybe Henry’s and Arthur’s friends, too.

He envisioned such a large group of people. It would be fantastic! A bunch of friends who’d refuse to give into the terrorists, to slow this ‘game’ to a halt. Jasper remembered that if nobody died on a certain day, all their collars would be blown. It wasn’t a pleasant way to go (going wasn’t pleasant to begin with, of course), but at least they wouldn’t be killing each other.

As he thought, he watched Henry walk off as he yammered on about something or other. Jasper wasn’t too concerned about it until he broke into a sprint.

“What the- Henry?!” Jasper called after him. He looked at the other two, and then back at Henry. Where the hell was he going? Wherever he was headed, he was going out there alone.

And Jasper didn’t want to leave Henry, or anyone, alone.

He turned around and chased after him.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."
Current: Left unheard in Dreams Walk on Powerlines

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.
Current: Went home in In Situ

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
Current: Dead again in Once Again
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"
Current: Safer than sorry in In This Starless Night (handled by backslash)

B007: Jasper Bustamante is DEAD and unarmed >> "Don't let me die like this."
Current: All alone in Thanatophobia (handled by Cicada Days)

B031: Samuel Howard is DEAD and armed with a crossbow (20 bolts) >> "Fuck you."
Current: Never stood a chance in Into the Veil

~*~

Haley Juarez is ALIVE >> Living life to the fullest
Current: Being immature in Everything You've Always Wanted to Know
[+] spoiler
Alison Bernhiesel is ALIVE >> A born leader
Current: In Transit
Mark Nathan "Nate" Malaqui is ALIVE >> Head in the clouds
Theodore "Teddy" Nunes-White is ALIVE >> Recovering pessimist
Robin Mireles is ALIVE >> Grand slam
[+] spoiler
Karen "Shiloh" Legere >> She's free
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
[21:51] Zarina: the end
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
[19:06] Aloha: warning me that it was "still warm"
[19:09] Aloha: My other ACNL villager just gave me his toilet w h a t
[19:09] Skraal: "It's still warm"
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
wrote:Kyoko Sakura-chan - Today at 5:01 PM
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald by Mimi
B033: Jason Meyers by Mimi (now with a dead version courteous of Naft!)
Two sprites of Bridgette Sommerfeld by Fenris
Two sprites of Jasper Bustamante by Fenris
Open to constructive criticism!

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 21st, 2016, 2:05 am #12

Henry had muttered something nonsensical and ran off, any semblance of sanity flying out from under his feet in a single remark. Arthur saw Jasper turn and run after him, briefly looking back at the two remaining before continuing off on his run.

Coleen was fine, though. That much was important enough not to forget. She had been startled by their approach, and she had been alone, but she was holding up well. Was Arthur really going to leave her behind just to chase after someone else? They had run off on their own, and even if he felt a need to go over and see what was up, he couldn't abandon Coleen.

Besides, he had just been leisurely strolling along just a few minutes ago. Even if he did give chase, he was going to walk, so why not stay put?

Elsewhere, fish spun out of their circles and swam back towards the ocean, satisfied with time well spent in orbit of each other.

"Henry's a bit of an eccentric," Arthur said, passing judgement as he would a soccer ball, "I wouldn't worry too much about what's going on over there, and I'm not gonna go over on my own. If you want to see what's up, though, I'll walk with you. Your call." He shrugged his shoulders, sticking his free hand into the pocket of his shorts. "Your choice, Coleen."
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

September 21st, 2016, 5:59 pm #13

Coleen watched two of the boys run off. Arthur, thankfully, was either as confused as she was or dismissive enough of the events unfolding with Henry and Jasper that it was decided they weren't anything to be worried about. She quickly turned back to Jasper, half-expecting that paintball gun to be aimed at her eye or something. To her relief, it wasn't.

Coleen crossed her arms over her chest and balled up her fists, tucking them in her armpits to protect her fingers from the ocean spray and the wind's chill. "Sure," she started, "that's the direction I was walking anyway." She stepped off to the side to clear Arthur's path and then turned, backing up until he was to her left side and between the ocean and herself. Her thoughts of taking a swim having subsided for the time being, she stared after the two boys who ran ahead.

"So where did you all meet up?" She asked, still staring straight ahead.
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

Espi
Winner

September 22nd, 2016, 9:23 pm #14

Feet pounding against the hard, damp rocks between sand and earth, Henry didn't look back as he sprinted along the shoreline.

He made it less than a hundred yards before he slipped. It was inevitable, really, that he skidded along the wet shingle stone, his red sneakers losing traction and sending him onto his butt as he fell. He rolled over onto his side, pulled in his knees against his stomach, and wrapped his arms around his shins on the ground. Classic fetal position.

Henry had been the picture of ignorance up until now. But something so fragile as denying one's mortality couldn't last forever. His ability to play pretend and act as though nothing were wrong was apparently less persistent as he'd anticipated. So now he was faced with a cruel, unbearable, unavoidable, inescapable unerring truth. He and dozens of other classmates, companions, friends and acquaintances, all of them would be killed. Probably within a week of today.

There were so many reasons that this was a devastating revelation; Henry's own personal demise was just one. Sure, he wanted to live; he liked being alive! Still, if it were only him to suffer, it'd suck, but it'd be okay. But so many people were hurt; the other students, for one, who had so hopes and dreams of their own. The parents, who would lose their beloved children. Even former survivors, whose trauma would be reopened anew by this travesty.

Nobody deserved this. Not a single one of its victims.

Of course, Henry wasn't so concerned with all that. He would've liked to be able to look at this from the bigger picture, acknowledge the cruelty from a selfless stance, and be at peace with his own fate. But he wasn't in that state of mind; he was scared, selfishly scared, to die. He wanted to go home, see his dad, watch some movies, play games, do things! He didn't want to die.

So Henry curled up on the ground and whimpered, overwhelmed by sudden, crippling waves of fear and dread. Not the good kind of fear, the kind bordering on delight from his films and books, but real fear. He didn't like it.
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Aloha
Contender

October 1st, 2016, 9:55 pm #15

Jasper was glad Henry hadn’t gotten too far from the group. He slowly skidded to a halt and stood over Henry, curled up and sobbing. It reminded Jasper of how they’d first met up, but now Henry was the one having a breakdown.

He remembered how it had played out before: how Henry had cheered him up, kept him sane. Henry had distracted Jasper from the true horror of their situation, and now he had to return the favor.

It’s what friends do, right?

Jasper knelt down and placed his hand on Henry’s shoulder. “Hey Henry…” he spoke softly, starting to rub. “It’s okay, everything’s gonna be alright...”
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G025: Veronica McDonald is DEAD and armed with a tire iron (formerly J.R. Rizzolo's) >> "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..."

B033: Jason Meyers is DEAD and armed with a Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver >> First one to die is the first one out, even if it's to heaven instead of home.

G049: Natalia "Koala" Kowalski is DEAD and armed with a Tufts 17/23 Dental Explorer, a small metal rod, and an empty syringe >> "J-Joey?"
[+] spoiler
G003: Bridgette Sommerfeld is DEAD and armed with a toothbrush & toothpaste >> ""You-y-y-y-y-"

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
wrote:[21:51] Zarina: "and then Naft rode Aloha's large purple crab all night long, in a hypothetical future where Aloha is at the age of consent"
wrote:[19:06] Aloha: Oh jeez one of my ACNL villagers gave me a shirt they were just wearing
wrote:[00:15] Zarina: I think we're pretty lighthearted for a bunch of people writing about mass murder
In Hawaiian, Aloha means "Hello" and "Goodbye," the latter of which is appropriate considering how fast his V6 cast died
[+] spoiler

CrossbowPig
Contender

October 2nd, 2016, 12:35 am #16

"On the dock, over there," Arthur replied, pointing at the concrete slaps in the distance, "Jasper and Henry had run into each other first, and I went and said hello afterward. The paintball gun interested them a bit as well." He watched as Henry fell in the distance, curling up on the sandy beach, tucking up into himself. The sight softened Arthur a little, made his heart rustle a bit, sending a short pulse of emotion into his body, but it soon faded away, lost in the ocean waves.

Jasper made it over to Henry and knelt beside him, checking to see if he was okay, probably saying something along the lines of "Everything's fine, we'll make it," or something. It irritated Arthur a little, about just how easy it was to see that things were not, in fact, going to wind up okay. It irritated him even more to see that Henry hadn't accepted it as easily as he had.

Arthur had a lot of experience in distancing himself from the present. He wasn't sure if Henry had the same background, but if he had to guess, the answer there was negative. Still, despite the small degrees of annoyance he felt, he couldn't help but feel, on some level, sorry for Henry. There were probably people on the island who had done something wrong - Arthur knew that not everyone at Cochise was the picture of virtue and good will; He had to know that to make sure that Marie didn't fall in with the wrong crowd. Henry was a good kid, though. He didn't deserve what was going to wind up happening to him.

In his own mind, Arthur had to make sure that in walking the fine line of thinking about what would happen to other people, he wouldn't cross over into the territory of what would happen to himself. Once he crossed into that way of thinking, there was no way of coming out of it. Consciously, he just saw this as an outing to an island. A pleasant day, all things considered.

"How about you?" He asked Coleen, "Where d'you come from?" He sneezed into his sleeve, a slight breeze tickling his nose. When he looked up, it took him a split second to fall back into his rose-colored view of the world around him. The colors of the world seemed, for an instant, just a little more washed out. He blinked, and everything was back in its right place.

Except for Henry, still on the sand.

"Poor kid," Arthur muttered to himself, shaking his head and dragging his feet a little bit as he walked.
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again

Espi
Winner

October 2nd, 2016, 5:01 am #17

((Skipping for DZ purposes. GMing of Jasper approved))

Henry rolled over as the others arrived and Jasper rubbed his shoulder. Normally, in any other situation, Henry was a touchy-feely kind of guy who was quite fond of physical affection. But right now, under the anxiety and pressures of his faltering coping mechanism, Henry reacted badly.

"Argh!" Henry let out an aggressive noise, rolled onto his back and sat up, pushing Jasper away with his hands in the process. Lunging to his feet, Henry glanced rapidly between Coleen and Arthur, before his eyes panned down to Jasper in front of him.

"I..." Thoughts raced. Apologize? He couldn't. He couldn't do anything. Jasper and Henry's continued survival were now mutually exclusive, and there was no way Henry could handle that, especially since it also applied to, oh, a hundred other people he knew from school.

He stumbled slightly as he ran off down the rocky shoreline. His bag lay on the ground where he'd first fallen.

((Henry Spencer continued in To Dine With the Devil))
V5: Cut Short
Theodore Fletcher
Nina Clarke
Gwen O'Connor

V6: Broken Down
Alice Baker (->Aura)
Henry Spencer
Blair Moore

V7: Unprepared
Rhonda Lawson[/b
Toby Underwood
Paloma Salt

Aloha
Contender

October 2nd, 2016, 9:32 pm #18

((Skipping for the same reason))

The shove caught Jasper by surprise. One moment he was over Henry, the next he was knocked onto his rear end. He stared blankly up at the other boy in shock, who immediately turned and ran.

Why’d he do that?

He sat there and watched Henry run, his heart sinking further as he got farther and farther away. They were supposed to stick together and survive, or at least spend their last days together in peace. What was wrong? Had he done something wrong? Jasper didn’t know if Henry was touchy, but running off because of it was a bit too much.

Jasper slowly rose to his feet, stepping forward to try and follow. However, his foot caught something, and he stumbled. He looked back on what he’d tripped on, and his eyes widened.

Henry's bag.

His head swiveled back in the direction Henry had run off in, but he was nowhere in sight. Jasper didn’t know why Henry had left, or if he should follow, but now he knew he had to. He just couldn’t leave Henry out there on his own. Especially without his supplies.

Jasper quickly picked up the bag and took off running again, hoping that he could catch up.

((Jasper Bustamante continued in St. Patrick's Purgatory))
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

~*~

[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

October 3rd, 2016, 12:16 am #19

He looked like he was losing his mind.

That was what Coleen wanted to say about Henry, but there was no polite way to say it that didn't come across as abrasive or rude. She thought it amazing that she was still concerned with erudite mannerisms on a concocted death island, but she supposed that her behavior wasn't about to drastically snap around and change within just a few hours of being on this rock out in the middle of the ocean. Henry didn't seem to be holding up to this reality very well at all, running off for no reason. Then again, she herself was just considering taking a permanent bath, and perhaps Henry was always like this. She wasn't terribly familiar with him, so there was no telling.

"I... oh, huh, you asked me something... sorry!" Coleen rambled before exclaiming her apology. "Librar- uh, the library. A dusty library just up the way, so it sounds like maybe I walked a little further."

She was finding it hard to listen to Arthur as she watched Jasper go after Henry. The surprise on her face was plainly visible when Henry pushed off and made a break for who-knows-where, and the pit of her stomach was telling her bad things about that guy. She couldn't quite put her finger on what those things were but... none of it sounded pleasing. Did she stay with these three or go her own way, deciding what to do?

Tough call. Coleen decided, for once, to be a leader. She diverted away from Henry and Jasper, heading for a more direct approach along the high edge of the shoreline instead of going down over the rocks like the boys. She'd leave it to Arthur who to follow. If he followed, she had some company. If he didn't...

Well, she supposed that was fine, too.

((Coleen Reagan, continued in This Be the Verse))
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

CrossbowPig
Contender

October 3rd, 2016, 12:45 am #20

And then, he was alone. Just like that.

Jasper and Henry went in one direction, and Coleen went in another. He had a choice staring him dead in the face, looking at him with beady eyes that would cut straight through to his soul.

Why rush things, though? Why not take the time to look out at the surf a little bit more, and enjoy nature a bit? It was just another day, after all. No need to rush things. Arthur bent down to sit on the sand...

...and stopped just short of the ground.

With a deep sigh, he picked himself up again. The color in anything he looked at now had faded away, leaving but a shadow of its former self.

He had to come to terms with reality. It couldn't get much closer than this.

Henry and Jasper had each other. They had started this together. Arthur had just gone along for the ride.

Coleen was all alone, but she wasn't undergoing a mental breakdown like Henry had been through just then. What if it had yet to happen? What if it was happening right this moment, and Arthur was powerless to stop it?

There was a third option, too. He could walk his own way, away from both parties, and distance himself from the memory of ever finding them. Start again, once more, from the top, with goals in mind. Getting out of here. Experiencing life. All the things he hadn't been through before.

Watching Marie grow up. Being there for her.

She was watching him, right now. He was sure of it. He didn't know where the cameras were, but he knew for a fact that she'd be watching over him every step of the way. This decision wasn't his alone to make at all. He had God above, and, somewhere across the seas, the eyes of his sister, watching over him.

Well, there was more than one set of eyes watching from above.

There was his mom, after all.

"I'm hopeless," He confessed to himself, scratching at his face, feeling the small bumps and craters in his skin. Arthur shook his head lightly.

There wasn't anything left to consider. He knew where he had to go. He began to walk after Coleen, then broke into a run after a few paces. He wasn't fooling himself anymore.

He just hoped the cameras didn't pick up how badly his shoulders were trembling as he ran.

[Arthur Bernstein continued in This Be The Verse.]
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler
- self-styled detective
- normie
- cute thing
- hillbilly
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again