Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

September 4th, 2015, 6:22 pm #32

VysePresident wrote:I think the best move would have been to support Murder during the push on me, to be honest, just because it was the last best time for scum to pull out a win. I mean, you notice we weren't even willing to wait to hear from Goose, because we were that confident. It was roughly the same with you - I gave Psych a hard time, because I figured Murder's push on Psych might have been a bluff, and I wanted to confirm my read. I don't think there was ever a point where I'd have lynched him over you, though.
A quick note here on the plan I almost went with but didn't:

I actually strongly considered busing Goose instead of self-voting. At that point, my plan would've been to NK Vyse and block Psych, then have Imehal bus me hard and NK Maddie and block Ricky. At that point, it'd've been a he-said-she-said between Psych and Imehal, with Psych conveniently having no investigations until the last phase and having claimed flavor placing him in the scum team.

Sadly, I jumped the gun a bit in self-hammering for a few reasons, when I think the better tactical play would've been the busing of Goose since we were both sunk at that point anyways.

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 4th, 2015, 7:52 pm #33

Deamon wrote:Yeah funny thing that confirmation bias. Makes it super hard to defend yourself.
Yup!

I screwed up pretty bad. Sorry about that, dude.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 4th, 2015, 7:53 pm #34

General Goose wrote:Good game, surprising outcome.

Likely won't join next one though.
I just want to say, you did really well, dude. Take care, and I hope to play with and/or against you again, sometime.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 5th, 2015, 2:50 am #35

@Murder - I think that might have been your best bet, under the circumstances. Given that Ricky was the SK I'm pretty sure it'd have worked, too.

(Unless he decided to hit Town.)

You played a darn clever game, and I love how you used the daychat. I'm a little irked I didn't notice your influence on Goose, but then, I kinda think of Goose as a clever, if somewhat quiet player.

I think, if scum had been a little more willing to hammer, they'd have had this game hands down. You guys were so freaking good, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all again, sometime.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 5th, 2015, 10:49 am #36

Also, I really did like the results I got from pressuring people & the like, and I think that's something I'm going to keep doing in the future. It seems to work pretty well in terms of helping me sort through my reads. Heck, if I hadn't been an idiot, I probably could have seen Deamon as Town immediately following his claim, based on his attitude & tone. (I don't know if I could have read Flare correctly until his selfvote, and even then, it was in doubt for me. Gonna have to rework my theory on Flare's playstyle a bit. )

As it was, I got good Townreads on Doc & Psych at critical points, and decent ones on Grim & Turtle during the no-lynch phase.

@Imehal - If it helps at all to hear, I think you did pretty well this time around.

My one point of advice would just be to relax a bit as scum. WIn, lose, draw, don't worry about it too much. Understand that there's always going to be people scumreading you, so just be ready to counter them, and act confident. You'd be surprised how many accurate reads you can just bulldoze over if you just give the impression of confidence in your Townieness, and can connect with the other players in your reads.

At least, it works for me, anyway.

Also, I genuinely appreciate you being so kind & sympathetic to me when I was being an idiot during this game. You're so freaking nice, you know that?

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

September 5th, 2015, 7:05 pm #37

@Vyse = Just as a heads up on the pressure on me, Vyse. I probably would react way differently to pressure in a different game. In this past game I was pretty much "over it", that far into the game, also having not been as invested in it as usual due to having fallen behind most of the game.

My voice and tone at that point was just already wanting to end the game, not wanting to really do anything indepth/hard/detailed anymore, and just annoyed that the game seemed straight forward from my perspective already there, that having been the biggest suspect aside from Goose/Imehal, was just complicating things when it should have been easy (plus come on, I hated MW the whole game and then I'm being aligned with him, ugh).

Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that if you judge by tone and voice, I'm a really weird one, in that I'm not all that consistent with it, as I play differently sometimes, especially in this one where I pretty much dropped my usual Confident Game Mode voice and instead seemed more meek and anxious and not really taking things seriously, cause I literally stopped caring too hard. (Probably one reason I seemed a bit off to you)

Just so you know that it doesn't mean I am scum if I react to pressure much more Confidently in the future. Heck, I reacted pretty darn confidently on day one pressure, this same game. Another flavor of tone/voice I've used as town on this site is a serious/relaxed/reasonable/calm discussion voice, though I also played that way as cult master. >_>

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 5th, 2015, 8:54 pm #38

Yeah, it's never a cut & dried thing. People react differently at different times, so what I tend to do is pressure to get a better glimpse of the puzzle & pieces in play, rather than coming with a set point of view.

What most interested me was Murder's tone in dealing with you, because I thought it was a little weird. Combine that with you two 'arguing' early, yet not going anywhere, and I was wondering if it really might be distancing. Also, the WIFOM of Murder calling out the Brain Trust works both ways, so I tend to ignore that sort of thing in favor of stuff I can read.

In this case, your thoughts matched both with how I could see the game - there were little differences, but I could see them as being plausible ones - and how I saw your play in specific. Couple that with Murder's comment on "Good luck my Brain Trust! (Psst, we're totally the braintrust, and not fakeclaiming Keith. ) and Imehal's position, and yeah.

I also realize that pressuring somebody has the chance of backfiring a bit - I'm particularly concerned about getting called out for backing off when someone hits back, even when I genuinely see that as a Towntell. Most likely, I'll be linking back to this post a bunch in future game.

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

Imehal
Leader

September 5th, 2015, 8:56 pm #39

Cake wrote:
Imehal wrote:Next! Psychedelic, lovely. I am so sorry for blocking you twice. You are so fun to play Mafia with, and I'm extremely flattered that I warranted two checks.
Three checks. I received guilty result in that last one, but you killed me already.
<3

The Serial Killer thing makes me a little sad given that I was absolutely convinced that we had one until Day Three when we had no extra kills. But it happens, and I really enjoyed the game regardless.

Vyse, I did consider trying to get you lynched but I thought that might have pushed Kilmarnock into believing you and I didn't want that at all.

I was willing to hammer! I just couldn't. Next time.

Thank you for constructive feedback Vyse, and everyone else who has given their thoughts on my play. It helps to know that I can be a difficult player to pin down and that the trick is to just act confident and not back down if I believe in my reads and theories.
VysePresident wrote:Also, I genuinely appreciate you being so kind & sympathetic to me when I was being an idiot during this game. You're so freaking nice, you know that?
I'm not that nice, but you're very welcome. There was a lot of pressure on you, and you were already kicking yourself so you needed someone to remind you that you aren't awful.
[No claims on the avatar image]
v6 Relationship Thread Here!
[+] Spoiler
[Bernadette Thomas] is reading trashy romance novels in the park.
"Some days I'm built of metal, I can't be broken. But not when I'm with you."
Beginning to End: M1-M2-I-II-G1

[Oliver "Olly" Walton]
"They see what's on the surface, but not what's on my mind."

[Jennifer Miller]
"Give me all you've got, don't hold nothing back. I promise you you're gonna need it."
[+] Spoiler
B052: Carlon Wheeler is dead. [Originally belonged to white lancer]
Beginning to End:- ~*~*~*~*~*~
[+] Spoiler
Ohm attempts an dropkick at RC
19:00 Zarina throws Ohm off a cliff
19:00 RC turns into a horse
19:01 Ohm crashes to the ground, perplexed by the sudden horse
19:01 Zarina: SOTF in a nutshell
19:01 *** Espi quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

September 7th, 2015, 10:26 am #40

@Frogue - Almost forgot this, but I just want to say that I didn't intend any offense by pushing you earlier. If anything, I think of you as a darn good player, particularly for being newer to the game, and I was just confused by some of your plays at the time.

Heh, I still say you're awesome, Imehal.

You're welcome for the feedback! I've been enjoying watching you get better at the game, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do as you get more experience!

Pregame - None
)

Past - None

frogue
Winner

September 9th, 2015, 9:16 am #41

no offense taken! congratulations on another excellent game, looking forward to tvt maf!