frogue
Winner

May 28th, 2016, 7:06 pm #11

Thanks for the non-kill MW! It was pretty exciting to finally see phase four!

Good game all

Primrosette
Winner

May 28th, 2016, 7:19 pm #12

Well, I died. But yay! We won!! This had been a great game! : D
Their Time Is gone wrote:
[+] spoiler
V6
B030 - Brendan Harte: "F-Family..... Thank you, thank you, t-thank.... you, Alba, Jon...."
G014 - Scarlett McAfee: "I always liked you, y-you know...?"
G044 - Maria Cucinotta (Adopted): "Hah..."
[+] spoiler
Emmett Bunnell: Artistic Loner
Violet Quinn: Quiet Goth

[+] spoiler
Travis Levenson: 'Me? Nice? Please! You're being delusional...'
Tia Sullivan: 'This is a complete waste of my time....'
Molly Doe: 'Why don't we just get with the party lovers and have a crazy, wild experience?'
Ravan Sharpe: 'Uh.... H-Hi.'

Leaf
Player

May 28th, 2016, 8:46 pm #13

im finally..... free from langanja.....
[+] spoiler
Born underneath a Canadian sky to parents who were quite possibly mounties, Lore roamed the wild unknowns of Quebec, becoming a kickass gamer girl and a sassy action lady. She has both fought a beaver to the death and won several arguments on instagram. Scientists have struggled for years to figure out which is sharper - her wit or Valyrian steel. She is most known outside of SOTF for her portrayal of Yuno Gasai in the anime series The Future Diaries, which she shot for 43 days on-location. She still has the pink hair dye.

Rorick Skyve
Leader

May 28th, 2016, 9:33 pm #14

Good game, everybody.

Though I fear the Bianca-Flavor was wasted on someone like me^^
[+] spoiler
Maxim Kehlenbrink ---- Memories 1-2--- Present 1- 2-3-4-5 --- Sadie Hawkins Dance 1

Aiden Slattery ---- Present: 1-2-3-4-5--- Sadies 1-2--- Memories 1 - 2

Jane Madison (Adopted from The Burned Handler, who adopted from Somersault, who adopted from Espi)

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 28th, 2016, 10:31 pm #15

Just realized I don't have specific night actions stored anywhere, but I'm sure you guys can figure out who did what.

The night Toben died, he was the target of three night actions, so... that's hilarious.
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

May 29th, 2016, 1:04 am #16

I think the balancing here was actually really cool. Somewhat swingy, but that can be fun. I'm a huge fan of eschewing conventional roles, and not having a cop/doctor is a very cool twist. I also love the use of negative utility roles here; Laure/Paige/Randomness really helped level out the playing field. I'd say the only two things I might've recommended changing would be a. possibly give the godfather a bit more zing/give scum some other minor PR (flavor cop or something) just because investigation immunity isn't worth much in a game with only a single one-shot investigation and b. maybe force Frogue and backslash to fight to the death instead of allowing allied victory (as it feels a bit like that was the assumed play pattern and by combining their powers they were able to form a really strong town block with Innocent Child + Mason +two people who know each others' roles are town-aligned). Even with that, I think scum had a fighting chance; we just got super unlucky with Deamon night one and probably should not have shot him again when there were semi-confirmed townies in play.

Also, Laure's jester play was great, and Rugga really took control of the game and had none of my nonsense. Town as a whole played this one quite well. I had a lot of fun.

MK Kilmarnock
Mr. Danya

May 29th, 2016, 1:15 am #17

Well, RC had nightkill immunity too. Not that it mattered.

No cop no doctor made for something of a weak town, but they eventually got around that, in largest part because Rugga and Zarina knew enough of the flavor to make educated guesses. Not killing Iktor night one was a poor strategic move BUT I really, really appreciate that you guys weren't scummy enough to kill her on night 1 when she hasn't played mafia in AGES and this was basically the only one she was waiting for. It'd kinda be like me waiting a year for One Piece mafia and then getting killed day/night 1.

I would rampage. XD
[+] spoiler
Jerry Fury - The man, the myth, the legend
Coleen Reagan - The girl who half-loved the world
[+] spoiler
V5 Roster:
Cody Patton : That bitch.
Sean Mulcahy : The world was kind to reprieve him of his fear...
Jessica Sanders: She hoped it would be quick...
[+] spoiler
20:17Sideliner:Toben and Ricky are like a sibling version of the Joker and Batman, only Batman is just as much of a mass murderer. He just hides it better.
19:58LaurelsHow does your dick smell like Fritos?
14:36 MimiI THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS > 14:36MimiI THOUGHT YOU REALLY LICKED HER

backslash
Mr. Danya

May 29th, 2016, 1:25 am #18

I was expecting Rugga or myself (more Rugga since she was being the most proactive) to get nightkilled as the game went on, but I guess since she'd used up most of her abilities and I was essentially vanilla, scum figured it was better to target people with useful abilities.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

[+] spoiler

Randomness
Player

May 29th, 2016, 8:22 am #19

Yay! We won! Good job, everyone!

Am I the first Princess to not get mislynched? Because looking back in the archives it seems there's a pretty shitty track record for them.

Given that this is my first mafia in years, I really don't know how this compares to others, but I really liked the setup. It was quite interesting to know that there were two neg utility roles from night one onward.

I was actually sorely tempted to claim early on, given that it would give town more setup info and stuff, but given that the dayphase would be skipped even if I was nightkilled, I ended up just playing as I would a standard townie. Is it standard form for it to be when killed or is it more common for it to require a mislynch to lose a dayphase?
"I have the heart of a young boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk" -- Stephen King
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
G040 - Amanda Tan
Pregame 1-2
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-END

B039 - Jordan Green
Pregame 1
Island 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-END
[+] spoiler
DECEASED Stephanie Wright
DECEASED Grace Faraday
It's the Grand Map of Doom! v6

VysePresident
Mr. Danya

May 29th, 2016, 10:50 am #20

Interesting game. GG Town.

I'll admit, the flavor was so thick in how people played, I'm kinda glad I skipped. I'd just have been staring blankly at most of it.

For the most part, I like the balance. This is probably one of the places where a Jester would actually make sense. (And to be fair, you can still get information from who jumps on a jester & when. They're just annoying as all get out. ) All in all, fun to follow, albeit loosely.

Can't say I made too many reads. I remember briefly thinking Murder was Town, at the beginning. (To be honest, I've kinda hit the point where I'm second-guessing myself, just because he can't keep being scum every game, right? >_< ) Randomness was a solid Town, and I'm glad that was right.

Backslash and Frogue played pretty solidly, and I'm glad to see our Townplay picking up some wins.
Constructive criticism is always welcome! Feel free to send me a PM if you have any pointers or feedback you'd like to share!
Character #1: Boy #37 Ian Williams - Now with 55% less self-insert.
Designated Weapon: Polaroid Instant Camera With Film (Enough for 8 photographs)

Past - | 1 | 2 | (Current thread - Birds of a Feather)
Pregame - None
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (Final Thread - Glass
)
Character #2: Boy #66 Chase Rodriguez - Adopted from Pippin.
Designated Weapon: Silver Pill Box Containing Three Cyanide Capsules

Past - None
Pregame - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (Last seen in - Diversions)
Island - | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (Final Thread - Drawing to an End)