Fanatic
Player

August 13th, 2010, 2:07 am #11

Teo kept an eye on Julian as Claire stepped out of the church, the girl said she hadn't drawn anything good but there was no reason to hide it if it wasn't dangerous. He didn't know the girl that well. Apart from the fact she had a stunning arse when she was playing tennis, those short tennis skirts really complimenting her butt. Clearly she was a smart cookie and was tuned in to the situation, one to watch out for he thought.

In fact all three of the students who had somehow surrounded him despite his best efforts seemed pretty clued in. Nick was perceptive, he knew that much, but the boy could be read like a book if you knew what to look for; you could literary see the cog's turning in the boy's eyes as he worked out what was going on. Julian was another story; he was a politiction through and through, he could twist anything you said to become what he wanted to be truth, a good person to have on your side, a dangerous one if your view didn't match his.

A brief thump alerted Teo to the fact that Nick had dropped his weapon and now theoretically he was the only one holding anything out. As Julian spoke up Teo reassessed. Julian just made Teo the aggressor here; and sure he was being a bit forward with his tactics but better safe than sorry right?

"Julian, that rule must of been amended in the last meeting, but yeah, you are totally right. Crossbow's coming down, you probably can step out of those bushes now, but lets not have anyone getting to close, nerves are at a all time high now and I think we all remember that time Nick caught that guy in a sleeper choke and won the wrestling match in under half a minute."

Teo let the crossbow fall to his hip, the the strap around his shoulder placing it at his side. He held his hand out, palms up as if asking Julian to continue. If this was how it was going to be with everyone his plan wasn't going to work, they all wanted to be in control and Teo didn't like not being in charge, he had a few options now but was going to go with plan A. Keep an eye on Claire until he knew what she had and let Julian talk. Information was power and if they were talking at least he could figure out their intent. His bag was still in the bushes past Julian, he'd have to push past him if he wanted to get at it, no easy task but better than taking Nick on.

"So guess we're doing this the smart way, talking, like adults, Claire you pull anything useful? Anyone got a plan?"
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
[+] spoiler
The Lost...
B046 Jason Harris - "Hey mates, you guys ready to do this?" >>> "Listen mate, we gotta group up, play smart" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - END

...and the Damned
B091 Phillip Ward - "If I play badly I'll pick a fight in the third, just to get into a fight" >>> "You're not on the team, you're dead." 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - DECEASED
G037 Sarah Atwell - "Any message for the class of 2009?" >>> "I wanted to be behind the camera" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - DECEASED
B053 Teo Weinstock - "Yay for Teo! I've got this." >>> "Life is a competition, one I'm going to win" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - DECEASED

Solomir
Player

August 13th, 2010, 2:54 am #12

All Marybeth had just wanted to do was tell a story. A story that would be remembered by many people.

Survival of the Fittest had not been one of her plans for a story. Nevertheless, Marybeth was somebody who had learned to adapt strange circumstances into her stories, and this was just yet another oddball scenario.

Marybeth had seen some of it, and caught on to the rest from the school grapevine. Survival of the Fittest, she had concluded, was not something she would enjoy watching: it tried too hard to be dark and edgy. Why couldn't have more touching romance, or explosion packed action?

She had been thrilled when she had awoken in the auditorium. While the others around her were crying like spoiled children about their situation, Marybeth could only think of the myriad ways in which her involvement would make the game so much more interesting. She could be a matchmaker and finally get those pesky pairings she'd written in her notebook to be canon. Or she could make up rumors about groups making conspiracies against other groups. Or maybe just strap some explosives onto some hapless kid and use him as a bomb. There were so many possibilities.

That last idea got scrapped when she woke up on the island and discovered that her assigned weapon was a piddly egg beater. Well, scrapped until maybe she could pilfer some grenades from somebody else. Someone was bound to have gotten grenades or something else that'd go boom. In any case, there were plenty of ways to spice up the story. As long as she could find other people. Marybeth had the unfortunate luck of being dropped fairly far away from most of the other students. In the end, she decided to pick a random direction in the hopes of finding a budding group of students. Then the fun could start.

Or the fun could end, because Teo Weinstock had just lowered his crossbow. What an idiot.

"Oh come on, Teo," Marybeth yelled as she stepped into the clearing around the church. She had, of course, missed most of the earlier dramatics, only arriving in time to see Teo put his crossbow down. "You've just ruined the tension in this scene. You had them dead to rights. The sensible thing to do is to shoot them." Marybeth glanced over at the other two standing at the church's doorway. Tennis player Claire Lambert and big bulky wrestler Nick LeMonde. "Or at least shoot Nick and then start macking on Claire. Where's the Teo we all know?"

A hint of not-green caught in her peripheral vision. She had almost not seen Julian, staying back in the bushes. "Julian! Get out here where people can see you." She pointed down at the ground in front of her. "The cameras are pointed here, not there." With her other hand, which was holding the egg beater, she waved Julian toward her. She couldn't see any interesting weapons, aka guns, from her vantage point. Marybeth gave a little sigh. Guns always helped make things more intense. Guess it won't be getting intense here.
V5
B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4
Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

Crash
Winner

August 13th, 2010, 4:26 am #13

"Thank God for Julian Avery."

Everything around her was happening far too fast for her own good, but in the midst of the exchanges Claire found herself taking careful notice of Julian's successful coercion of Teo. The more threatening boy lowered his weapon and put it away, and Claire found herself in a far more comfortable position. At least now, if worst came to worse, she'd have the upper hand.

"Claire, you pull anything useful? Anyone got a plan?"

"Think fast, Claire. Think f-..."

"...i-if you call a notebook useful," she stumbled uncharacteristically, with faux irritation. Rolling her eyes, Claire lowered her duffel bag to the ground and unzipped it, retrieving a bound purple notebook out of the bag and flashing it towards Teo. She didn't have time to consider whether the bluff was believable or not - though, to her credit, not many students would have brought a notebook with them on the senior trip, aside from the other members of the editorial staff writing the final issue of the school paper - all she knew was that her story was out, and she was sticking to it.

"Like I said, yours is much better," she added to finish the thought, replacing the book in her bag and zipping it up.

"Oh, come on, Teo..." came a sly voice in the distance.

Claire's head snapped in response to the sound of Marybeth Witherspoon descending upon the group. Her first instinct was to reach her hand towards her back pocket, but she resisted, noticing that Mary had drawn some kind of kitchen utensil (which she couldn't quite make out from this distance) as her weapon, and it looked rather harmless. Her taunts, however, dealt far harsher blows.

"Oh, how I'd love to put a bullet between that sorry bitch's eyes..." Claire mused internally, noting that her everyday frustrations were now intensely amplified by the tension surrounding the parish. What was Marybeth trying to do, get people killed? Claire was more than familiar with her desperate desire to have (and create) all the latest gossip, but this was definitely pushing the envelope.

"Shut it, Marybeth," Claire snapped, unaware that this probably wasn't the first time she'd ever used that line. "None of us are killing each other," she affirmed, casting a glance towards the three boys on her sides. The last word Ryan and Kelly Lambert's daughter would ever be called by anyone was "pushover".

Claire relaxed herself, forcing a sigh and shaking her head. It was pounding. She wasn't sure if it was the after-effects of the tranquilizer, or just sheer frustration, but she couldn't shake the feeling of an all-encompassing beat that echoed against the walls of her cranium. Marybeth's provocation wasn't doing much to ease that pain.

"...Sorry," she whispered to nobody in particular, hoping to cut the tension before anyone could scold her. Teo, however, still had his attention focused on her.

Oh, a plan. Right.

"I'm gonna..." Claire paused, scrambling to figure out exactly what she should do. She hadn't given much thought to anything besides the fact that she was trapped on a deserted island with all of her classmates and fighting for her life.

"...find Aislyn," she concluded, looking more directly into Teo's eyes. "I never got to thank her for the help she gave me at prom..." Claire trailed off, reminiscing about how the beautiful Italian girl had helped her steer clear of JJ for an entire night. It was thanks to her that she was able to have a relatively pleasant evening.

...It was thanks to her that Claire was able to have what would most likely be the last enjoyable night of her life.

"...I'm sorry, but right now, she's the only one I trust."

Never one to be dishonest, Claire picked up her duffel bag once more, nodding curtly to Teo and Marybeth.

"Stay safe," she wished formally, turning in the direction of Nick and Julian as she began to walk away. She first passed Nick, whom she whispered a rushed "thank you" to as she waltzed by him briskly, keeping the corner of her eye trained on Teo to make sure he didn't pull any sort of surprise attack. After a few strides she caught up to Julian, whom she also thanked, before casting one last glance back at the group and breaking into a determined jog.

(Claire Lambert continued in Bump in the Night)
v4 Characters:

G23: Claire Lambert: Property of the Fabulous Mr. Toben

v3 Characters:

B65: Dorian Ibanescu: Coastline

Deceased:

B57 - Jeff Marontate: Cleaved
B120: Jim Middleton: Pummeled
G61: Anna Grout: Submitted
G62: Andrea Vanlandingham: Martyred
G39 Alexis Machina: Crushed
G23: Trish McCarroll: Defeated

natlei was sleeping in her bed when someone came thru her window "get away rapist" she said still half asleep and hit one of them in the head with her liucky frying pan then went back tyo bed them men the injected her with a sedative and carried her off

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 13th, 2010, 5:03 am #14

Nick was grateful for Julian's attempt at diffusing the situation, though whether his plan would be successful had yet to be seen.

"Small talk, team up, go our separate ways... hell, you and Nick can get some UFC shit goin' on if you want."

“Sure, I’m down for some talking. Maybe not the fighting part. We can do ultimate fighting later on if we have the time,” he said with a weak smile.

When Teo finally put down the crossbow he let out a loud sigh and wiped his forehead. Allowing himself a bit of relaxation, he leaned on the wall of the parish. He stumbled, scraped his leg on a bit of the wall and almost slipped when he heard a girl’s voice coming from far off.

"Oh come on, Teo. You've just ruined the tension in this scene. You had them dead to rights. The sensible thing to do is to shoot them. Or at least shoot Nick and then start macking on Claire. Where's the Teo we all know?"

Nick’s mouth hung open in a twisted frown at the suggestion. What was wrong with this girl?

“Don’t say that, you crazy girl!” he yelled at her. “If you really think it’s too boring around here maybe he should shoot you with a crossbow. See? Doesn’t sound so exciting does it?”

He returned his attention to thoughts of a plan when Claire had mentioned hers. He didn’t really have too much of a plan except to survive and escape the island, but there was a lot of room in that plan to fill in the details. Nick gave her a slight nod as she walked past to acknowledge the thanks she gave.

I hope Claire will be okay. I feel sort of bad for not going with her to make sure she’ll be fine. Maybe I should. Though, three guys together with two weapons seems like a pretty solid group, except I don’t know how much I can trust Teo here. He seems kind of trigger happy. And what about this nut job who just waltzed on the scene? Maybe I’ll hear Teo out. Then I can decide.

“What did you have in mind?” he said, trying his best to ignore the other girl.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Jonny
Leader

August 13th, 2010, 9:01 pm #15

"The sensible thing to do is to shoot them. Or at least shoot Nick and then start macking on Claire."

Well. How about that. Marybeth Witherspoon, you are just dumb as shit. Going around inciting murders all chirpy and bouncy... well, at the very least, it was a refreshing sign that some things never changed. The sun shined, the birds sang, the flowers grew, and Marybeth Witherspoon was just dumb as shit.

Julian resisted the urge to start shouting at her about exactly how dumb she was (as shit), since Goofy Old Nick looked like he had the shouting covered. A far more pressing concern was Claire running off to find her friend: unarmed, scared girl taking off into the foreboding distance to look for someone completely aimlessly. Shit was gonna end up on the evening news unless she had a guy with a badass sword watching her back. Not that Julian's reasons for wanting to follow her were born out of sexist chivalry, since Teo the Ren Faire Asshole looked like he had the sexism covered.

So he had a few options. He could stay and sign up for whatever agreement Nick and Teo were working out, but that prospect was growing less and less interesting. He'd already done his part by defusing the earlier deadliness, and those two could figure out the rest for themselves. He could run off and tag along with Claire, which honestly seemed like the right thing to do. Or he could stay and strike up a conversation with Marybeth, which- Hahahahaha, yeah, not gonna happen.

Although.

She did present a problem. Left to her own devices, it seemed like she wouldn't be satisfied till she'd convinced half the island to murder the other half. Julian imagined a perky girl with curly brown hair bouncing atop an endless pile of bodies. Babbling to nobody in particular about which pairs of corpses looked cutest together. Avoid that outcome if at all possible.

But Julian wasn't exactly sure how, short of outright taking her out of the competition. Which was not. An. Option. As the rest of the gathering chatted amongst themselves, Julian quickly took stock of what he know about Marybeth. What did she like? Violence. Out of the question. Gossip. Not sure how I can use that... Romance Wait a minute. Think I got somethin'.

"Julian! Get out here where people can see you. The cameras are pointed here, not there."

Julian couldn't help but crack a little smile. And she wants me to come out and put on a show! I love it when a plan comes together. It was that simple, Marybeth wanted a good show. Or... her definition of a good show. That could involve rampant violence, sure, but if Marybeth's endless sordid gossiping was any indication, it could also involve some cheesy soap opera romance bullshit. Julian could handle that. With any luck, Marybeth would be... satisfied, or at the very least confused enough that she wasn't telling folks to murder each other. And he could move onto protecting Claire. And so:

Julian Avery, a strapping young lad with a troubled past but a heart of gold, boldly stepped out of the bushes. He cast a steely gaze at Marybeth Witherspoon and started to stride towards her. "Out in the open?" came his booming voice. "Is that how you prefer it now? I remember you used to have so many..." Dramatic pause. "Secrets. How do I know if I can trust you, Marybeth? I don't even know anymore whether the baby is mine!" He turned towards the nearest camera and looked distraught, anguished. Then back to Marybeth. "But goddammit, Marybeth Witherspoon..." He brushed her hair away from her face with a tender hand and spoke softly. "I still love you."

And then he kissed her on the forehead. He turned away and looked conflicted, doing his best to inform viewers that though this romance was touching and heartfelt, it was also troubled. "I... I have to go. Don't try to follow me, it's too dangerous."

Julian took off, not really having any intention to survey the aftermath of his (admittedly quite heroic) idiocy. He made a quick dash by the bushes to pull his sword out from the ground, then doubled around in a fairly wide arc to try and catch up with Claire. Teo, Nick, and Marybeth could have fun with whatever, even if whatever turned out to be talking about what an idiot and a creep Julian was.

Oh, the sacrifices that Julian Avery made in the name of peace.

((Julian Avery continued in Bump in the Night))

Fanatic
Player

August 14th, 2010, 10:43 am #16

Teo was amazed when Claire simply strolled past and walked off after announcing her intentions, but he was completely stunned when Julian delivered his monologue and strode off in a similar direction. These guy's surely didn't get it, he was playing nice and wasn't coming out guns blazing, but other people might be, and they just decide to walk off by themselves and not even look at the map. Not as bad as Marybeth was though. Turning to the girl he raised his crossbow again.

"You're nuts babe. Those guys weren't much better either. Don't come near me and nothing bad will happen ok?"

Turning to Nick he motioned with his bow at the hunga munga on the ground. "You can pick that up now if you want, just wanted to be sure you weren't going to charge me with it. I'm going to head to the town, see if anyone a little more sane is about. You're welcome to follow, just keep a few feet between us."

Teo stepped back a few steps and mentally reviewed the events. He'd have to keep an eye on both of the two who had just left. They seemed smart enough but if they weren't picked off by some gung-ho student soon he knew they would both be up to something bad and he'd have to be a little less accepting next time.

Taking another step Teo paused. "You know what, we should actually check the church for supplies, anything of note and anything that might help. I figured sooner or later we might come across someone who has a decent idea of how to end this game, one way or the other and when we do we should be prepared. I'm sure Claire has checked the majority of the parish but there might be something she missed."

Striding in to the woods momentarily Teo retrieved his duffel bag and flung it in to the church letting the crossbow fall to his side. His guard was relaxed someone as be began checking the pews but as long as Marybeth was around he wasn't about to let it completely down. He hoped Nick wouldn't do anything stupid; he had no qualms about protecting others until someone with a plan came along, but if push came to shove Teo knew he make sure he was the one coming out on top.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4
[+] spoiler
The Lost...
B046 Jason Harris - "Hey mates, you guys ready to do this?" >>> "Listen mate, we gotta group up, play smart" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - END

...and the Damned
B091 Phillip Ward - "If I play badly I'll pick a fight in the third, just to get into a fight" >>> "You're not on the team, you're dead." 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - DECEASED
G037 Sarah Atwell - "Any message for the class of 2009?" >>> "I wanted to be behind the camera" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - DECEASED
B053 Teo Weinstock - "Yay for Teo! I've got this." >>> "Life is a competition, one I'm going to win" 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - DECEASED

storyspoiler
Leader

August 17th, 2010, 6:34 pm #17

(Liz Polanski continued from Come And See)

Manually decapitating a body is hard, even with a knife. Tendons are a bitch to cut (who knew?) and the spine is not only a wiggly, inseparable bastard, but fairly unsettling to deal with. Liz had not played much attention in biology class, but with spines, it's fairly impossible to forget what you're sawing into. In the end, she kicked the vertebrae till they separated.

After the trouble with the head, Liz decided to forget any further dismemberment. It was hot out here, the sand near the parish church was unsafe (she had managed to drag the corpse about 30 feet before she collapsed--it turns out 90 pound girls cannot consistently carry 140 pound boys, even when the boy is dead and the girl has a good right shoulder) and she was covered in sticky, bloody sweat.

Before she left, though, she stripped him down to the underwear and stuffed his tatty bloody clothing into her backpack. Swallowing and thinking of forensic pathologists, she used her knife to open up his chest, stood up and kicked the ribs until they cracked and widened the cavity. Blood wasn't flowing anymore--dead boys don't have beating hearts--so it took a bit of effort to spread her face and legs with whatever fluid he had left. A tube of black lipstick accentuated the eyes and the mouth.

The goal was to look like a psychopath. Someone no one would ever come near. Liz Polanski, the goth girl, the person people were afraid of before some terrorists had put them on an island and ordered them to kill each other. Liz Polanski. Hideously capable. Murderously creative. Remorseless, hateful, lip-lickingly unhinged.

Because while she was pretty sure she could kill someone else on this island, there was no reason not to take precautions.

Someone had already taken the rucksack. No food or fresh water to scavenge off this corpse. An hour on this island and I'm already desecrating the dead.

She threw a handful of sand into his chest cavity.

Then another.

Then another.

It soaked up the spare blood.

She started pushing sand atop the body. It was nasty, gritty stuff. She tried to keep her legs clean. Kicking was more effective than tossing, it seemed.

It didn't take long to bury Chris Davidson.

After that, it was the work of ten minutes, several tries at whittling, and three pieces of driftwood (only two of which made it into the final construction) to make a cross. Liz drove it into the ground next to the mutilated corpse. The cormorants croaked. She looked sideways at them. No food for you.

The head she rolled in the dust and put into her beige rucksack.

Headache. She was losing focus. Needed a cigarette. She had a pack of Camels in her pocket, the mint menthol ones, but no lighter. Motherfucker. Nicotine withdrawal ahoy. She rubbed her temples, shook her head, cleared her vision, the buzzing in her ears. Holy shit, am I going into shock?

No, she wasn't. She could clear her head. Concentrate, Liz!

Extreme edginess. Paranoia. There were people chatting nearby. A noise behind her.

When she looked up, she cursed. Marybeth Witherspoon was standing in the parish sands.

Quietly, Liz Polanski strapped on both rucksacks, stood up, and took a rock into her hand.

I hope she realizes I'm covered in blood.

--------

Alice Boucher was a liar.
Liz Polanski played with fire.

And who the hell is Radio Asuka?

Solomir
Player

August 18th, 2010, 5:47 am #18

People were ignoring her again. People always were ignoring her and telling her off, at least when she wasn't being interesting enough. It was stupid. She couldn't be expected to have good sources or brilliant ideas for her rumors every day.

Here she was, trying to lighten up the mood, and people were still ignoring her.

Well, at least not everyone was ignoring her. Stuck-up bitchy Claire, Ren Faire asshole Teo, and even clumsy clueless Nick were barely giving her the time of day, but at least Julian was listening. Not only was he listening, he was playing along, spouting lines that would not have felt out of place in a soap opera or musical theater. Marybeth couldn't help but smile at how hammed up he was being. If Survival of the Fittest had more interesting folk like him, she might've been more into it. A guy that could spout eloquent and dramatic lines at the drop of a hat, and damn he could project his voice, walked up to her and delivered his bombshell quote.

Followed with a tender romantic gesture.

Marybeth was dumbstruck, or awestruck, or lovestruck, or something-struck. Julian Avery had just confessed his love for her and kissed her. Julian Avery. Loved her. Kissed her. Sure he was a joker, and wouldn't stoop down to playing with her heart, but that was more than she'd ever had before. Maybe he did mean it. But before she could give any meaningful response, he was running off, leaving a request to not be followed.

Of course, every good hero said that to the love interest. It was a quintessential hero thing. The only proper thing to do as the potential love interest was to follow. After he got a head start though. The chase was half the fun.

She turned her attention back to the remaining two at the door of the church. They had evidently decided to hole up inside the building for the time being. It was a boring position, but could be interesting if somebody decided to storm the gate. Nobody around to do it though....

Rustling of underbrush from nearby caught Marybeth's attention. Out stepped Liz Polanski, one of the quiet loner goth girls that Marybeth did not remember had even signed up for the trip. Marybeth could believe that a girl like her might actually get into the whole killing business. That Liz's arms, legs, and clothes were covered in blood was probably a good indicator of this. Marybeth smiled and waved at the other girl, but made no attempt to move closer. Blood didn't smell all that good.

"Lizzy!" she called out. When she was sure she'd caught Liz's attention, Marybeth lowered her voice so the boys inside the church couldn't hear. "There are some guys holed up in there," Marybeth said, while pointing at the nearby building. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind meeting a fine girl such as you. I'd love to stay and watch the fun, but I have a man to catch."

Marybeth took off in the direction that Julian had gone off in. It was sad that she couldn't stick around, but following the hero was of utmost importance to the story. Other things were just the side plots.

((Marybeth Witherspoon continued in Woods of Paranoia))
V5
B036: Benjamin Ward: "Sh-shut the fuck up. Or I'll k-kick your ass."
B047: Marcus Leung: "Let's start by staying calm."

V4
Rest in peace

B004 - Peter Siu: "We're all fuck-ups."
G006 - Tiffany Baker: "Will you stay with me, until I wake up?"
G027 - Marybeth Witherspoon: "The cameras are pointing here, not there."
B115 - Tony Russo: "I'm sorry...."
G087 - Rachel Gettys: "I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell."

Ruggahissy
Mr. Danya

August 18th, 2010, 7:38 am #19

Nick clapped enthusiastically after the exit of Julian. He leaned down with his hands resting on his knees for a moment before picking his hunga munga back up off the floor.

Crazy Julian. Way to take one for the team, man. Good guy.

“I'm going to head to the town, see if anyone a little more sane is about. You're welcome to follow, just keep a few feet between us."

“Sure, man. Town seems like a good place to check out. You don’t seem too hot on me….dunno why… but if you don’t want to hang that’s cool. We can split once we get there. We should be good until we get to town. I doubt anyone’s gonna want to mess with two big guys like us with weapons. ”

Nick threw the odd weapon over his shoulder and continued into the small church after Teo. Inside the parish he began looking for anything useful. In the cupboards he found a few bibles still lying around. He thumbed through one of the bibles. It’s yellowed, crinkled pages yielded easily beneath his thick fingers and the smell of old library drifted up to combine into a comforting mélange. For a moment he closed his eyes and remembered the feeling of sitting in church on Sundays with his mom and dad and sister. He opened his eyes, gazed fondly at the book and gingerly put it, plus an extra bible, inside his bag. Nick dropped his bag for a moment and massaged his shoulder. He approached the pulpit; the floorboards creaked under the weight of his shuffled steps. He felt a little silly standing on that side of the podium in front of an invisible congregation. It didn’t feel right. Nick began to walk away when he hit something under the pulpit. He pulled the object out and marveled at it like he had just come down for Christmas morning.

“Score! They left booze in here! Here. We’ll drink to our health,” he said with a smile, tossing the bottle to Teo.

An odd bit of movement from the window pulled his attention like a dog hearing a squeaky toy. Making sure he had his hunga munga, he opened the parish doors to check and see if there was anything outside. From the parish he could just make out a small girl about twenty feet off covered in….blood?

“You…uh…you got red on you….,” he called out in his most helpful tone of voice.
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
- Today at 8:38 PM
imagine this happening in life
and you pissed off a cop and he made you live with some incontinent sodafreak

05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not kill a policeman
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal his helmet
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not defecate in his helmet and mail it to his grieving family.
05:57 NotAFlyingToyYou would not steal it again

17:06 Ruggawork An orison is a prayer
17:07 trash i don't know why i thought it was a bird
17:07 trash who looks at random ass words and thinks "huh what does that mean? whatever it's probably a bird"

14:11 Kalopsia I HEARD FURRIES AND I CAME AS FAST AS I COULD.
14:11 Imehal Lovely.
14:11 Imehal Read that again.

20:16Outfoxd I SAID I'M TAKIN IT BACK FROM THE SALTINE ESTABLISHMENT
20:16Meeemz Half the drag queens on Drag Race would beg to differ.
20:16Outfoxd EVERYONE KNOWS ALL DANCE CAME FROM AFRICA
20:17Outfoxd YOU CRACKAS NEED TO PUT SOME CHEESE ON YOSELF AND GO SIT ON A SNACK TRAY SOMEWHERE

21:07craft i
21:07craft am a fan of blowjbs.
21:07craft nods sagely
21:07Rugga ?
21:07Rugga Does that mean you get a lot of them or give a lot?
21:07craft yes
21:07craft wait
21:07Rugga ....

22:31Mimi THATS WHAT I THPGUTH
22:31Mimi THOUGHTU
22:31mudkip MIMI'S TURN
22:31Ruggahissy Thougt
22:31Ruggahissy THOUGHT
22:31Mimi HOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy We got it
22:31Mimi THOUGHT
22:31Ruggahissy WE GOT IT
22:31Mimi we did good
22:32Mimi we're a good team

22:46 Meeemz I love dicks, though
22:46 Meeemz er
22:46 Rugga Sig quote
22:46 NaftUm
22:46 Meeemz dicky characters
22:46 Meeemz GOD NO

19:45 BikrikiI am pretty sure we can built a bridge to jerking off

00:11 Mimi DOESN'T FOAM BREAK EASILY
00:11 Ruggahissy Not if you wrap it in duct tape
00:11 MurderWeasel There's a fiberglass core.
00:12 MurderWeasel And the foam is some special sort you buy directly from another dimension using souls as currency or something.
00:12 Ruggahissy.........

14:42 Bikriki JA! Stick it in ze boot!
14:43 Rugga I LOVE THIS KID
14:43 Bikriki adds that to list of sexual euphemisms
14:43 Skyler_Phone You have a list?
14:43 Bikriki <.<
14:43 Bikriki >.>
14:43 Bikriki No...

Victoria says:
Oh wait, I totally forgot to tell you last night because I was busy whoring
Mimi says:
STORY
OF
MY
LIFE

16:42 KamiKaze I've always wondered what using a fleshlight feels like.
16:42 KamiKaze Too bad I'm not special because God didn't give me a penis. ):

17:46 Dom LET JESUS INTO YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR VAGOO

Ruggahissy this dress makes me feel like I should be having tea with the mad hatter. Not getting felt up by drunk Germans
Dom don't let them go down the rab-
Ruggahissy BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dom SO WORTH IT

09:51 Vicky We did a good job, didn't we, Meemz?
09:51 Mimi not really, no

03:19 GeneralGoose*BUT HE'S GONNA THINK IT'S A SPOON. OR MY PENIS. WHICH IT ISN'T*

23:15 Cluevara ICE CREAM MAKES YOU FAT YOU LARDY LARD BUTT.

[+] spoiler
Jonah Heartsgrave: If you need to talk I'll listen.
Lori Martin: You're so stuck up.
Tirzah Foss: Let's have some fun.
[+] spoiler

v6
Caleb Diamond: Silly sacrificer
Hazel Jung: Abandoned actress
v5
Amaranta Montalvo: Pageant Winner
Michelle Wexler: Vegetarian sweetheart
Paris Ardennes : Scheming holy man

v4
Ethan Kent : The smartest jerk
Sally Connelley: Dainty meanie
Nick LeMonde : Eternal optimist
Isabel Guerra: Sad little girl
Autumn O'Leary: Lonely redhead
Mary-Ann Warren: Crumbling romantic

Fanatic
Player

August 18th, 2010, 8:16 am #20

"Hey man, I have no beef with you, just being smart about all this. Mistakes get people killed bro." Teo called back at Nick as he bent down under yet another pew. Dust and gum mostly, nothing of use. He really wasn't expecting much but he had hoped that Claire might of missed something that could help him. He didn't know what it could be but it helped to have something to do, even if it was just to keep a handle on the situation. With Both Claire and Julian gone from the Parish Teo felt a little more confident and in control.

As Nick called out again Teo looked up and caught the bottle. "Now that's what I'm talking about! See we get along just fine." Unscrewing the cap he took a quick swig of the bottle, letting the acrid taste of the alcohol pervade his mouth. He didn't drink any more though, he knew it wasn't a smart idea to be drunk in a strange location, let alone one filled with blood thirsty teenagers.

"You know," he said as he turned to face Nick once more, "I guess not everything can go wrong in one d..."

Teo trailed off as he caught sight of Liz standing outside the door in the sands watching Marybeth, bloody sack in one hand, rock clenched in the other. Mouth slightly ajar Teo's eyes flicked to the bottle for a second, staring quizzically at the brandy before shaking his head and returning back to the blood drenched girl before him.

He absolutely could not believe this. Things just got stranger and stranger and he wasn't quite sure that he was really awake. As Liz looked directly at him Teo was rocked back to his senses, the brandy dropping from his hand, forgotten and smashing against the floor with a crash, the sound echoing through the small building. In an instant Teo had whipped his crossbow back up to his shoulder and pointed it directly at the ghastly figure, moving up to take a cover position near the doorway to the parish.

"You're going be dropping that rock right now, and whatever the hell is in that sack. I'm not messing with you, you take one more step forward and I'm going to peg you with with a bolt and I guarantee you are not getting up from this one."

Teo was determined he wasn't going to be sweet talked or convinced otherwise this time around. Things had spiraled out of control within seconds last time he hesitated to follow through and he was intent on not making the same mistake twice. He had the girl aimed right down the sight and he was confident enough in his ability to drop her if needed. She didn't look like she had a gun, but covered in blood as she was, he wasn't taking any chances. If she moved, take her out, if he missed, close the distance and disarm her. Snap her neck if need be, there was little chance the 90 pound girl would be able to outrun or out muscle him.

Despite her small stature the blood running down her face had thrown Teo a little off. Usually calm and collected and very aware of what and how he was speaking Teo heard the tiniest edge of panic creep in to his voice.

"DO IT NOW!"

V4
[+] spoiler
The Lost...

...and the Damned