backslash
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2014, 3:33 pm #286

Just a heads-up, wikia's having problems right now so no edits can be made. I can't find any info on how long it's supposed to be locked, but I'll keep checking back.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

November 13th, 2014, 4:26 pm #287

Everything's back to normal now.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Winner
Winner

December 21st, 2014, 11:13 pm #288

Will the terrorist page be updated, as there's now a number of new terrorists (Or should I try to do that)? Also I'm curious who people like "Niki Montgomery" or "Shane Kimblee" are. IIRC they were announced in neither V1-5 nor in the V0 story.

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

December 21st, 2014, 11:40 pm #289

Ooh, good catch. Feel free to add any terrorists who have turned up if you want to.

The list of names is large an artifact of V1/2-era planning that at some point was purged from the lounge by old staff (there's basically a thread that has "I owe you one set of terrorist profiles" in it), so a lot has changed and been retooled to fit what the plot has become absent the original information. I would not expect much of any of the KIA terrorists; they can probably be assumed to have died in the V3/4 incidents if not detailed otherwise. I'll have to check with staff to get a cogent and official answer, though.

backslash
Mr. Danya

September 7th, 2015, 11:01 pm #290

So there's a pretty significant difference in the purposes of the Location pages on the Main and Mini wikis. Main's pages display a list of bodies in the area and the days that each area was an active Danger Zone, while Mini's show a list of threads that occurred in the area.

Basically, I'm asking opinions on whether people think it would be a good idea to add the relevant info to the pages that don't have them (i.e. adding threads to the pages on Main) for the sake of thoroughness and utility, if you think they should be left alone, or if you don't care. A bit of feedback from anyone who regularly views the wikis while games are in-progress would be appreciated.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

trash
Survivor

September 8th, 2015, 12:25 am #291

body locations were important during versions where there were no area description threads. they aren't really needed after the fact, + won't be needed going forward if those are a thing again. sorting threads by location is way more useful imo. listing danger zones is fun trivia tho, that would be nice to keep

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

September 8th, 2015, 1:13 am #292

I'm actually sort of of the opposite opinion when it comes to what I value in the pages.

Body locations are nice to have because they tend to get forgotten/not updated otherwise (though if things worked more reliably I'd be in total agreement on them being less necessary), while threads in chronological order can usually be gleaned really quickly just by going to the area forum (since we only do one thread per area now, it'll be oldest to newest from bottom to top). Having characters included does have some nice utility, though.

That said, I don't think there's any issue with having extra information, so don't have any objections to adding either/both.

backslash
Mr. Danya

September 8th, 2015, 2:40 pm #293

Yeah, I wasn't planning on removing anything that's already on the pages, just maybe adding in the relevant info that's lacking. At this point I'm thinking adding bodies (and maybe notable changes/damages to the area?) to Mini would be most useful since a lot can get lost in the shuffle of quicker games, and then maybe threads to the pages on Main.

The V1 and V2 Locations pages lack both as of right now, so if anyone more familiar with those versions than me wants to give them a shot be my guest, but I can get around to them eventually. They'll just be lower down on the list than V3-V5 since they'll take more time and digging through old threads.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

trash
Survivor

September 8th, 2015, 11:25 pm #294

sry, i misread and thought this was an either/or thing. add everything to everything please

Yugikun
Mr. Danya

September 9th, 2015, 5:16 am #295

V1 Wiki has the deaths by location thing in the death order page, jsyk.
[+] Spoiler

G???: Anna "Roxanne" Herbert - "...It's a god-awful small affair..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3
THEME: Dire Straits - Skateaway

G???: Teresa Rojas - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2
THEME: Tata Young - Sexy Naughty Bitchy Me

B???: Jonathan Meyers - "..." - 0%
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1
THEME: Kate Miller-Heidke - Caught In The Crowd
[+] Spoiler
Ashley Tanner - The Tattooed Jackass - "We got the music, we got the drinks, I think we have a recipe for some rock n' roll."
Yuko Hayashibara - The Tomboy - "Yo, homeboy, come over here. I wanna play some ball."
[+] Spoiler

B003: Jeremy Frasier - ?Yeah. No regrets.? - 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: OneRepublic - Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti - ?Thank... you...? - 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME - Past: 1 2 3 | Present: 1 2 3 4 5 | Sadie Hawkins: 1 2
V6: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
THEME: The Megas - The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King - "I win." - 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME - Past: 1 | Present: 1 2 3 | Sadie Hawkins: 1
V6: 1 2 3 4 5
THEME: Luck Ganriki - golden sneer

Hi! I have a blog! Please check it out and follow and stuff!

backslash
Mr. Danya

September 9th, 2015, 2:38 pm #296

Yugikumo wrote:V1 Wiki has the deaths by location thing in the death order page, jsyk.
So it does, thanks for pointing that out. I'll probably move them to the Locations page eventually just to make everything uniform, though.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

September 10th, 2015, 5:03 am #297

backslash wrote:
Yugikumo wrote:V1 Wiki has the deaths by location thing in the death order page, jsyk.
So it does, thanks for pointing that out. I'll probably move them to the Locations page eventually just to make everything uniform, though.
That sounds great to me. I feel like some V1 pages have some relics of old ways of doing things while the site was still figuring out what was most efficient (though that said, some cool/interesting things got left behind too--I sorta wanna see a return of the trivia threads someday).

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 14th, 2015, 2:41 am #298

Alrighty, as of now Versions 3-5 have fully updated Locations pages. V1 and 2 are going to take a bit longer, since their Locations and Death Order (in the case of V1) are going to take some significant rearranging to match the rest. So if you're hanging around on those pages for whatever reason and notice things disappearing or being moved, don't be alarmed and please don't undo those changes.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

backslash
Mr. Danya

October 25th, 2015, 4:08 pm #299

All versions on the Main and Mini wikis now have fully updated locations!
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler