Badb
Mr. Danya

February 24th, 2014, 9:37 pm #271

Guys. Quit with the "hilarious" edits to the wiki. Stop adding "Travis Webster's pants" to Cassidy Kant's kills and quit changing Gwen O'Connor's death to "Death by Poetry".

You're not funny and nobody likes you.
V5:
B035 - [color=EF98AA]Ray Gilbert[/color] - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
wrote:[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently
wrote:[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

February 24th, 2014, 9:45 pm #272

As a note if people are being a nuisance on the wiki staff will suspend editing privileges.

Also, a note from way back: Anonymous comments are, by and large, not cool. They tend to be used to say negative things that a handler's not brave enough to attach their name to. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but if staff sees them, we'll either delete them or attach the contributing handler's name, according to the whim of the moment. Don't let this be you. Sign your comments.

Cake
Contender
Cake
Contender

March 31st, 2014, 1:40 am #273

Heads up for the wiki editors:

http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7478714/1/

http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/7491334/1

Were previously both titled the same exact thing, but Jimmy has changed the title of the 2nd thread, to help differentiate them a little more.

backslash
Mr. Danya

July 3rd, 2014, 4:29 am #274

Wikia seems to be experiencing some technical difficulties for at least Rattlesnake and myself. On both the Main and Mini SOTF wikis, loading is extremely slow, trying to publish edits leads to an error page, and the most recent edits made are not listed, though the changes look like they've gone through.

EDIT: Things appear to have gone back to normal for now.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:
G063 Natali Greer was just unlucky.
B047 Marcus Leung lost his way. (Adopted from Solomir.)

V6:
B001 Min-jae Parker is locked away.
B021 Crist?bal Morales let his guard down.
G017 Raina Rose got washed away.
G003 Bridgette Sommerfeld got a shock. (Adopted from Aloha.)
G029 Georgia Lee Day went home. (Adopted from frogue.)
Nathan Lovegrove was left behind.

V7 Pregame:
Myles Roux is considering his options.
Dolores Upton is exploring the past.
Andy Silverman is balling out.
Siyanda Nagi is on the run.
Mercy Ames is passing judgment.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Rattlesnake
Winner

July 30th, 2014, 11:54 pm #275

I just remembered about how midgame evals are a thing. You should do them. Remember it's prudent to ask the handler if they want to to their own, of course.

Also the section name is kinda weird. Postgame eval = terrorist snark or like game eval/postgame eval or something would probably be better. I dunno.
[+] Spoiler
G065 KK Konipaski - "I killed a girl today. I think. And I didn't make a lot of friends with it. You don't bleed that much and walk away, I know that."
Skidded to a halt in the Central Park with the Basket-Hilted Rapier, Swordbreaker, Butterfly Knife, Stinger.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

B060 Matthew Young - "What brings you to the beach on this crappy day?"
Taking a sand nap in the Eastern Inlet with the iPod from Heck
1 2 3 4

G075 Tessa Blackridge - "Oh. ...I left quite a mess, didn't I?"
Staring down the cold hand of Death in the Bike Trails with the Pepper Spray
1 2
[+] Spoiler
B055 Nick Reid - "Put that thing down, and neither of us have to die."
Troubled no more in the Mountains with the Molotov (x1), Estoc, Jutte

G090 Kari Nichols - "please..."
Sleeping forever in the Logging Road with the Nothing

B088 Cody Jenkins - "They won't come, you know."
Decomposing in the Northern Cliffs with the Middle Finger (x1)
NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Will
Player

July 31st, 2014, 12:03 am #276

I also agree on changing the name of midgame evaluations. It doesn't really make sense. I vote: game summary.
V6 Characters:
------------------
----Cassandra "Cassie" Venus--------------------------------Eleanor "Elle" Duval----------
[+] Spoiler
------------------
--------B011: Finn Grant ------------------------------------- G020: Stacy Ramsey------
----------Weapon: Megaphone--------------------------Weapon: Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12
---------------------------Multishot---------------------------------------------- Caught in a Moment-------------------
[+] Spoiler
Finn Grant: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Stacy Ramsey: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

July 31st, 2014, 12:08 am #277

Game Summary does have a nice ring to it.

IIRC, way back in ye olde days, mid-game evals were kept up to date (in theory at least) as an ongoing thing--Dodd's is placeheld still, actually--while post-game were the snarky comments. Whenever the process changed, the names just got held out of tradition, but they are now thoroughly irrelevant.

NotAFlyingToy
Winner

July 31st, 2014, 12:31 am #278

#freeMidgameEvals2014
A list of the dying, a list of the damned.
[+] Spoiler
We've yet to live and soon will fall.

B027: Oskar Pearce has his shields up -- Step back from it, Jane. (Adopted from SansaSaver!)
[+] Spoiler
We've fought and fought and lost it all.

G063: Natali Greer fell into sadness and couldn't get out -- Everything was going to be alright. (Adopted Posthumously from backslash!)
B067: Brandon Baxter died as he lived -- On his own terms.
B076: Hansel Williams wasn't wrong, in the end -- I wouldn't change anything. Not a goddamn thing.
[+] Spoiler
Here in the wings, we wait for the call.

Jaden Bertelli wants you to be better -- Work harder, no excuses.
Miley Sacramento isn't looking for the long-term -- Like, why are the democrats an elephant, anyway?
Robert Munnings hates your favourite teacher -- We hurt ourselves so that others can't.
Kelsey Hamilton is going to be the best in the world -- Out of my way, dead man.
Asher Glas really admires the way you carry yourself -- Oh, hey - let me get that for you.
"Skinny" Trevor Sharpe would sell the shirt off of your back -- Pick your poison.

backslash
Mr. Danya

November 3rd, 2014, 4:51 pm #279

Since this was brought up in chat a few days ago: how would people who frequent the wiki feel about changing up the BKA/BDA entries so that each version has its own page instead of the one big page with versions 2 through 5? Also the possibility of adding a section that notes what each winner of BKA received to better keep track of weapons.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Winner
Winner

November 3rd, 2014, 5:04 pm #280

I like the idea of the weapons! That really is a neat idea. Maybe, we could link the threads they picked it up (or did not) then, too. The big BKA page doesn't really bother me, so I have an indifference between whether it's four pages or just one. So, there's stuff to do while we can't update the wiki, because of spoilers then.

EDIT: There was an edit in V4 when Endgame came. I'm not sure whether it'll be necessary to do that in V5 or not. What are your thoughts on that? I mean, Endgame could be over quickly, but it also could take long. So yeah.

backslash
Mr. Danya

November 3rd, 2014, 7:10 pm #281

I imagine the blurb at the top of the front page will be edited accordingly once V5's endgame starts and ends, and when V6 pregame starts.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

November 3rd, 2014, 7:19 pm #282

Yeah, I suspect we'll do some restructuring. I'm personally thinking it might even be good to trim some of the V1-4 recap, because at this point everyone in the community knows it and there's so much it could be unwieldy or obnoxious spoilery for everyone not in the community.

As to BKA/BDA, I always like detail but am a bit unsure about splitting pages; we have a lot of pages already and this list isn't too bad at present. Appropriate header tweaking might be able to streamline the menu so as to have more obvious version-by-version directory on a single page.

backslash
Mr. Danya

November 3rd, 2014, 7:32 pm #283

MurderWeasel wrote:Yeah, I suspect we'll do some restructuring. I'm personally thinking it might even be good to trim some of the V1-4 recap, because at this point everyone in the community knows it and there's so much it could be unwieldy or obnoxious spoilery for everyone not in the community.

As to BKA/BDA, I always like detail but am a bit unsure about splitting pages; we have a lot of pages already and this list isn't too bad at present. Appropriate header tweaking might be able to streamline the menu so as to have more obvious version-by-version directory on a single page.
The current page does have the contents listing at the top so that you can jump to a certain month/version already, if that's the kind of thing you mean. Not sure what other formatting changes could be made to streamline it more.
[+] Spoiler
V5:

V6:

V7 Pregame:
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

MurderWeasel
MW's Private Rank

November 3rd, 2014, 7:39 pm #284

backslash wrote:
MurderWeasel wrote:Yeah, I suspect we'll do some restructuring. I'm personally thinking it might even be good to trim some of the V1-4 recap, because at this point everyone in the community knows it and there's so much it could be unwieldy or obnoxious spoilery for everyone not in the community.

The current page does have the contents listing at the top so that you can jump to a certain month/version already, if that's the kind of thing you mean. Not sure what other formatting changes could be made to streamline it more.
I was thinking removing the month links in the menu, so it's just by version. Right now, we don't really need to be able to skip to each and every month, and it weighs down the menu enough that, to me at least, it feels less useful than a simple V2/3/4.

trash
Survivor

November 3rd, 2014, 8:07 pm #285

i think a big thing that could be done to make that page a little less messy is just reverse the version order/chronology so that most recent awards are at the top. i feel like anyone using that page is looking for that stuff first, might as well save the extra clicking/scrolling. it could be totally reversed so newest stuff is on top or just sorted by newest version w/ the actual awards in chronological order

after that i think the biggest issue is just tweaking the formatting to make everything easier to read. it's all kinda squished together rn- i'm pretty sure it worked better back when landlocked tossed it together on editthis and it was never changed much when it got ported to the new wiki. just making the individual months more separate + clear would be nice

i really like the idea of more detail wrt the awards tho. maybe we could add the selected quotes for BDA winners too?