Polybius Relationship Thread

Polibyss
Leader

September 4th, 2017, 7:36 am #1

I had 1 kid for V7, and then I had 2, but now I have 1+2

Billy Trevino - An impulsive young lad with a hatred of authority. He enjoys skateboarding and video games. He has an interest in stories about the paranormal occurrences and secret conspiracies, though he doesn't seriously believe them. He's also something of a party animal and a stoner. He used to be on the baseball team in ninth grade, but he quit angrily one day after a period of low motivation and poor performance. He's a very social person and makes friends easily, hanging around mainly with rebels and offbeat kids but having friends of various interests and social groups. Around people he likes, he's easygoing and playful. However, there's a lot of people he doesn't like. He doesn't like snobby rich kids or no-fun-sticks-in the-mud or people who act like they're hot shit or people who are shills for the man. If he doesn't like you, he'll be very honest about it. He'll be very belligerent around you.

So basically, I want lots of friends and lots of enemies.
[+] spoiler
Lukas Nielson (jimmydalad) - Friend - "He's cool. He's willing to listen to people's problems, I wouldn't be able to handle that. He has great stories, too."
Dante Valiero (Fenris) - Friend - "He's so ridiculous sometimes, but I like that. Dante's a fun dude."
Violet Schmidt (CrossbowPig) - Friend - "Violet's just great. Eh, maybe she takes the witch stuff a bit too seriously... still, she's great. Yeah."
Heather Klein (Dr. Adjective) - Friend - "Hell yeah. Heather knows what's up."
Dolly Upton (backslash) - Friend - "She likes the spooky shit. She's cool."
Axel Fontaine (Fenris) - Friend - "Super chill guy. He's fun to hang around with at parties"
Abaynesh Dula (Somersault) - Friend - "I like her. She needs to get out of her shell, though."
Astor Maradona (backslash) - Friend - "He's a great guy, and smart. He can be kinda pushy, though. don't like that."
Zachary Beck (Ryuki) - Friend - "Okay, he can be a real jerk, but he's got some good ideas. And he can be funny,"
Nia Karahalios (Fenris) - Friendly Acquaintance - "She's interested in my ramblings and she's a good listener. Good in my book."
Ned Jackson (Ryuki) - Friendly Acquaintance - "Pretty cool guy. I've watched his channel a few times, he's good."
Joey Quintero (Mallon) - Acquaintance - "He's alright. He just seems kinda fake, y'know?"
Lucas Diaz (CrossbowPig) - Knows of him - "He seems like a good guy. Not really in my crowd."
Chloe Bruges (Mallon) - Knows of her - "She's... nice, I guess?"
Adele Jones (Somersault) - Cold - "Does she have some sort of problem with me? Whatever."
Janie Lyons (Somersault) - Dislike - "She needs to get the stick out of her ass."
Akiem Hampton (Dr. Adjective) - Hate - "This guy. He thinks he's so much better than me, I can tell. Just fucking say it, asshole."
Ivy Langley (Fenris) - Hate - "The pink dwarf queen thinks she's so much better than us peasants. Delusional bitch."
Max Rudolph (CrossbowBig) - Hate - "Oh, he's a real piece of shit. I'm not a violent guy, but sometimes I wish someone would just deck him and burst his damn bubble."
Ron Kiser - The son of an upper-middle class family that moved into the gated community a few years before he was born. As a child, Ron was a scrawny, socially awkward nerd and he was frequently bullied. In middle school, he had a growth spurt and joined the basketball team. After that, he started hiding his nerdiness and hanging out with the cool kids so he wouldn't get bullied anymore. Nowadays he's basically a hanger-on to the popular kids' group, he kisses up to them and does whatever they want but he's still too awkward to really be "one of them". He also gets them booze when they want it, because his parents are too permissive. Secretly, Ron still likes watching anime and playing jrpgs with qt waifus. He also plays golf.

Ron is desperate to be liked and he'll do whatever the popular kids want him to do. So I want Ron to have a bunch of popular and/or rich "friends" who treat him like a toady. I want people who bullied him as a kid and may or may not hang out with him now. Finally, I want a few nerdy kids who were friends with him in childhood but who were abandoned by him once he starting trying to be popular.
[+] spoiler
Ivy Langley (Fenris) - Subservient - "Ivy's really talented, and she's a good friend. Some people don't like her, but that's only because they're jealous or because she's too willful for them."
Ned Jackson (Ryuki) - Former friend - "Jeez, does he have to be so open about his weeaboo shit? It's embarassing."
Asante Esiason (Un-Persona) - Former friend - "Why does he have to be around all the time? I can barely stand it. He has it so damn easy...
Amelia Coyle - Amelia is not the kindest person. She gets annoyed very easily, she's constantly judging others, and she decides that she hates people based on the pettiest of reasons. She won't say anything, of course. She may hate everyone, but she still wants them to like her. Amelia is always polite and smiling when she's talking to others, sometimes excessively so. If she really can't stand someone, she'll try to come up with excuses to avoid them, but she'll never be honest about it. Amelia comes from a large, traditional family, and she goes to church (Southern Baptist) every Sunday, though she isn't sure what she believes in. She doesn't have many friends, and she mostly spends her time occupying herself with a bunch of extracurriculars: she's in the archery club, she plays flute for the band, and she's in the film club. Films are actually the only thing she's passionate about, and in particular she enjoys horror films from the 70s and 80s. Even the trash! Her parents don't approve of this, but they've decided there's not much they can do about it.

to most of the school, Amelia is known for being nice and polite but not much more than that. Amelia doesn't have many friends. mostly she just has a lot of people from her clubs and people with similar interests that she doesn't mind talking to sometimes. Maybe she has a few closer friends that she's willing to be more honest around, but she won't show the full extent of her personality around anyone. If your kid is a practicing Southern Baptist, they know her from church. And of course, if your character has any possibly annoying personality flaws or quirks, there's a good chance Amelia secretly hates their guts.
[+] spoiler
Nada

Fenris
Player

September 4th, 2017, 8:31 am #2

(busts in the door)

Dante and Axel both definitely know Billy. Dante parties and skates, Axel parties harder and smokes. Nia'd be interested in his paranormal/conspiracy stories if he likes talking about them. Ivy would think he's a loser and would probably just ignore him except that he's definitely gotten in her face in the past and therefore gotten herself on her shitlist.

lemme know what you think !
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] spoiler
Dante Luciano Valerio - Looking for penguins.
Then: None Now: [x] [x]
Ivy Langley - Holding hands.
Then: [x] [x] [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x]
Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - Drawing.
Then: [x] Now: [x] [x]
Axel Fontaine - Totally surrounded.
Then: [x] [x] Now: [x] [x] [x] [x]
Artem Fyodorov - Looking for a story.
Zen Alicea Feliciano - Hanging out with squirrels!
Then: [x] Now: [x]

[+] spoiler
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Carlisle - Looking for attention.
Moira Bellamy - Looking for help.
Rory Wrona - Looking for some quiet.
Salvador "Sal" Mendoza - Looking for an argument.
Dylan MacKenna - Looking for a revolution.

CrossbowPig
Contender

September 4th, 2017, 2:43 pm #3

Heyyy, Violet's more than willing to hang out and indulge Billy's interests in Video Games and the Paranormal. I'm not sure how much credence she'd personally lend to conspiracy theories, and the drugs would freak her out a bit, but she'd otherwise be pretty chill around him.

Lucas is sort of off-beat and out there, though more of a solitary type. I think he might initially dislike Billy, but come around later.

Now you mentioning the baseball team is interesting, because Max is also on the baseball team and would have been around when Billy quit. I imagine there's still some tension, considering that Max went on further with the team, and also tension because of Max's political views that he might view as snobby or privileged or too supportive of big government. That's really up to you, though.
~~~~~ Creativity's Burning Pyre ~~~~~
[+] spoiler
- Violet Schmidt: "Well, sure, I guess I can try and help with that. Ever read Corpus Hermetica? It'll make understanding this easier." Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2, Pregame-3

- Lucas Diaz: "I'd apologize, but I don't want to dig things up all over again, y'know?" Memory-1, Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Max Rudolph: "What the people need is a common banner under which to unite. It might not be what you want, but the fact of the matter is..." Facebook, Pregame-1, Pregame-2

- Liberty "Bert" Wren: "At eight? Let me see if that fits into my schedule. Been real busy lately." Facebook, Pregame-1
[+] spoiler
/ - G051: Lili Williams: "Stop..." Memory-1, Pregame-1, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Island-8, Island-9, Island-10, Island-11, Island-12, Island-13, Island-14, Island-15, Island-16, Island-17, Island-18, Island-19.

/ - B043: Arthur Bernstein: "I...I'll...I'll..." Memory-1, Meanwhile-2, Island-1, Island-2, Island-3, Island-4, Island-5, Island-6, Island-7, Meanwhile-1
[+] spoiler
- insert of lucky br8k!!!!!!!!
- insert of O.B. - white kid who is involved in politics and has divorced rich parents and issues with feeling emotions
- self-styled detective
- normie
- lou reed doing a gay voice
- insert of F.G.D. - black kid who wears a pizza hat and plays trumpet
- cute thing
- Darl from As I Lay Dying
- insert of A.B. my dorkass little brother who fancies himself a linguist and gets on my nerves
- good lives make bad stories
- insert of N.T. another floutist because I havent done one of those already
- hillbilly
- someone who doesnt "have a good time making allies" as an advantage
- pine barrens monster from the family that has a ghost butler
- David Foster Wallace
- furry
- myself again
- insert of K.D. a pianist and if you thought bert was smol, hohohohoho

Polibyss
Leader

September 5th, 2017, 4:49 am #4

[+] spoiler
Billy would definitely get along with both Dante and Axel. He'd consider them chill, fun loving guys. Dante in particular he would like. He would consider him peculiar, but funny.

Billy would enjoy telling Nia spooky stories if she asked him, and in general he would consider her an interesting person. I doubt he would interact with her very often though, he would get bored of just listening to himself talk while she sits there.

He would hate Ivy. And she would hate him. Great!
[+] spoiler
Billy would certainly be friends with Violet. He would have fun hanging out with her and talking about rpgs, but he'd be a bit skeeved out by all of the occult stuff if she's open about it with him. Billy tends to like the "scary stories" aspect of the paranatural: hauntings, cryptids, strange mysteries, and the like. And of course, he doesn't fully believe. He would gladly talk to her about spooky stuff, but if she started talking about her serious practice of herbomancy and geomancy and whatnot he would just smile and nod. He wouldn't insult her or anything, he only does that to people he really dislikes.

I don't think he would interact with Lucas much at all. They don't have shared interests and Lucas doesn't seem sociable or entertaining. I just don't see a reason they would ever hang out or even talk to each other much.

Max... oh man, Max is like everything Billy hates rolled into one. He's serious, he's snobby, he thinks he better than people different from him. Billy would hate they guy with a burning passion. The baseball angle's really interesting, too. In my tired stupor last night I forgot to include the circumstances behind Billy leaving the baseball team. to sum it up, he disliked the pressure and starting losing all motivation, missing practices and performing poorly in games until eventually he quit after getting into a spat with the coach about it. Pretty shameful circumstances, and I'm guessing that Max would really dislike him afterwards given his general attitude. Bitter enemies, then?
Thank you for viewing and replying. I am also pleased to announce that after a day of deep consideration, I have come up with a title for this relationship thread. Truly a great day, one we'll all remember for years to come.

Ryuki
Leader
Ryuki
Leader

September 5th, 2017, 1:22 pm #5

Zach would definitely enjoy Billy's company. Zach can be pretty rebellious as well. Would Billy be interested in doing pranks with Zach?

Ned would probably be friendly enough to be a casual friend to Billy, although I don't think he'd know how to feel about Billy's conspiracies or get into drugs.
[+] spoiler
Deviant Art page: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/
[+] spoiler
V6 Character Portraits 1: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628674956
V6 Character Portraits 2: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628677580
V6 Character Portraits 3: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628707051
V6 Character Portraits 4: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628790712
V6 Character Portraits 5: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628826007
V6 Character Portraits 6: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628872275
V6 Character Portraits 7: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -628917002
V6 Character Portraits 8: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629018182
V6 Character Portraits 9: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629104652
V6 Character Portraits 10: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -629224217
V6 Character Portraits 11: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -630645292
V6 Character Portraits 12: http://ryukigraydragon.deviantart.com/a ... -694930675
[+] spoiler
Ned Jackson Sprite (from Yugikun)
Yuki Hayashibara Sprite (from Yugikun)
Zachary Beck Sprite (from Yugikun)

Ned Jackson (by Mimi)

Yuki Hayashibara (by Mimi)
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Mains
Ned Jackson- Voice actor extraordinaire
[+] spoiler
M1-P1-P2-P3-P4-P5
Yuki Hayashibara- The smart triplet
[+] spoiler
P1-P2-P3
Zachary Beck- Short, foul-mouthed prankster
[+] spoiler
P1-P2
Others
Yuko Hayashibara- The tough triplet (to Yugikun)
Yuka Hayashibara- The pretty triplet (to Maraoone)

jimmydalad
Leader

September 5th, 2017, 9:24 pm #6

Offbeat kids? That seems like a good descriptor for Lukas. Both of them being pretty easygoing works in their favour and I imagine Lukas enjoys listening to Billy's stories of paranormal encounters and conspiracy theories for inspiration for his stories. I can definitely imagine them being friends, if not close friends.
[+] spoiler
Jimmydalad's Relationship Thread: Click here
[+] spoiler
Aria Samuels - "I-I'm sorry..."
Pregame: o -> o -> o
Prom: o
Island: o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Camilla "Cammy" Davidson - "I'll see you around, ok?"
Prom: o -> o
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Sharon Elizabeth Austin - "I know how long this could take, so I'll make this quick."
Island: o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o -> o
[+] spoiler
Relationship Thread: http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/topic/9032799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o
Memories: o
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler

Malloon
Survivor
Malloon
Survivor

September 6th, 2017, 12:08 am #7

Joey's pretty hot shit in his own mind, but he knows acting like it can get on people's nerves, so he sticks to self-promotion when he has an oppertunity to back it up (usually with, but not often limited to, his charisma).

Chloe can be a stick-in-the-mud, but doesn't go out of her way to ruin other people's fun. If it's nonsense, but ultimately harmless, she'll avoid it; if she can't, she'll ignore it; if she can't, she'll grudgingly go along with it. If it's harmful, however (which might just be "distracting her or others from more useful things"), she won't be shy in in trying to make the fun go away, or stop.
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.
[+] spoiler
Putting this here, so people know, if it ever becomes relevant (unlikely, but still): If you want to use my characters for anything non-profit, you may, without contacting me even (though it would be nice regardless). All I want is a small mention that gives me credit for first concieving of them. If you want to use my characters for something for-profit, if it's just a cameo or similar, you also may, under the same terms; if it's a more substantial role, I don't want to chain myself to any statement - then contact me.

Somersault
Survivor

September 6th, 2017, 12:10 pm #8

yayyyy Janie is a no-fun-stick-in-the-mud so they'll hate each other. Abaynesh may try to befriend him as part of her whole REBEL AGAINST PARENTS CAUTIOUSLY initiative. Adele may think he's shady.
here's my v7 planning thread or whatever
[+] spoiler
[+] spoiler
Keisha Higgins-Bell - "Sorry, but am I interrupting something?" - Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae and Erykah Badu
Memories: President - Misery
Pregame: Talmbout - Time
Keisha by Mimi!
Keisha by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Kelly Nguyen: "Finding the weather nice?" - Up We Go - LIGHTS
Memories:
Pregame: Universe
Kelly by Mimi!
Kelly by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Adele Jones: "Bitch, yes!" - Good As Hell - Lizzo
Adele by Mimi!
Adele by Ryuki!
Memories:
Pregame: Chartreuself
[+] spoiler
Abaynesh Dula: Go away, I'm reading about the Cold War. - Cooking something up. - Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Janie Lyons: I'm the responsible one. Totally. - Keeping it under control. - Cry Me Out - Pixie Lott
[color=33d8568]Cleo Braithwaite[/color]: Fuckboi I know that's not my name in your mouth, or it's comin' back out with some teeth. - Planning her path. - Werkin Girls- Angel Haze
[+] spoiler
Seema Desai - Striving for success. - "Planning is perfection, and I have many plans."
Melanie Washington - Hoping for happiness. - "Like, don't you think that's the whole point of acting? Getting people involved?
Lavender Lal - Aiming for attention. - "I'm not just her twin."
Sade Kagale - Bracing for burden. - "So, have tennis practice at 4, babysitting at 7, pick up my brother at 10? I can totally do that."
[+] spoiler
Keisha by Ryuki!
Kelly by Ryuki!
Abaynesh by Ryuki!
Adele by Ryuki!
[+] spoiler
Candice Banks never had time. ((Given to Muninn!))

Dr. Adjective
Cannon Fodder

September 6th, 2017, 3:40 pm #9

I've been meaning to reply to this one for a while, keep procrastinating, but now I'm here!

My guy Akiem is much too polite to say it but he probably shows reasonably clearly that he kinda looks down on/pities Billy, he quit his sport and he's fallen into vice, he probably needs to find Jesus.

As for Heather, she's a questionable one, she could possibly be friends with him, they've got their tempers and disdain for the popular kids in common, but equally... they've got their tempers in common and could just as easily have pissed each other off some day and never made nice. Hard to be sure there, might depend on whether they have any other friends in common.
[+] spoiler
Shipping Thread!

Heather Klein is channelling her aggression into constructive outlets.
  • Seems a bit of a neat-freak, seemingly needs everything of hers to be "perfect"
  • Does wrestling, good at grappling... but she's got a mean right hook too
  • Produces aggrowave music, releases it anonymously, never speaks of it; idolises Klayton, Bret Autrey and Daniel Graves
  • Plays keys and drums pretty good, dabbles in guitar
  • Speaks pretty good German, no comprend? romance languages
  • Budding interest in fashion/design
  • Liberal, leaning libertarian, no love for the Democrats or for the Republicans, likes her news sources "alternative"
  • Atheist too; avoids saying so, being a Chicagoan down South and all
Akiem Hampton is keeping cleaner than clean so he can chase the dream.
  • Chattanooga Owls' premier nose tackle, he's a Big Guy (...for you)
  • At church in his best every Sunday
  • Surprisingly bright, likes to study literature, maybe on the debate team, maybe not?
  • Hits like a truck; but wouldn't hurt a fly off the gridiron
  • 10/10 BBQ master, the manliest form of cooking... not bad in an actual kitchen either
  • Lives and lets live, but he still thinks y'all LGBTerrific folks are sinners
  • Politically apathetic, gets his news from the proverbial grapevine, would err on the side of Democrats if pushed
Robert "Don't Call Me Bobby" Briggs was this close to making Top 8 this time, he swears. (tentative)
  • Competitive grinder at Magic the Gathering, goes to every tournament he can get to
  • Tops the more casual events, still hasn't managed to day 2 at a GP or qualify for a PT
  • Nominally Christian, conservative background, apathetic enough to just roll with what his parents say
  • A general-purpose nerd in terms of interests and school performance; not top of the class but not far off either, likes traditional games

No no no, you're shakin' it all wrong!

Polibyss
Leader

September 9th, 2017, 12:20 am #10

Hello again everyone. This is a great showing, I'm flattered.
[+] spoiler
i think Billy could get along with both of them. As long as Zach isn't toooo much of a jerk, anyway. Billy could have fun playing some pranks, too.
[+] spoiler
Yeah, I can totally imagine them being good friends. Lukas would annoy Billy if he was obvious about his sense of superiority, but from your description it seems like he usually keeps that bottled up, so Billy would like him.
[+] spoiler
Ehhh I'm not sure how Billy would feel about Joey. Billy might consider Joey to be too fake, but that depends on exactly how charismatic he is and how good he is at masking his real intentions. I doubt they would be very close in any scenario, though.

Billy would definitely not be happy if Chloe tried to ruin his fun, but they way you describe it, it seems unlikely that they would ever end up in that situation. He would consider her a perfectly nice girl, but very boring.
[+] spoiler
Yes, yes, and yes. Billy might actually try and pressure Abaynesh to be more rebellious if they're close enough.
[+] spoiler
Billy will notice Akiem's attitude towards him and not be happy at all. I can see Billy trying to start shit with Akiem while Akiem tries not to respond

I think Heather and Billy would actually be friends. It doesn't seem like they would press each others' buttons, and Billy would love having a friend to bitch about the preppy kids with.
[+] spoiler